Sarah D.

SmarterU Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Great!

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Able to get any report you need. Tech support is very helpful

Cons

removing a course from someone's profile can be a little difficult

Tonia S.

Great customer support but the software is too much for a small business

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Pros

Lots of features for building a course, supports multiple languages, provides seamless transition between different types and formats of materials, has a good quiz maker. Fantastic customer service and support

Cons

At the time their course builder design was not responsive which was the biggest frustration. Also it did not allow just cutting and pasting... so it was time consuming to retype everything.
I also found that their LMS is more than a small business needs. If you have hundreds of employees then yes, this may be the way to go to administer training for larger organizations... But there's too much functionality which only complicates life for a small business or a small training company as it requires a steep learning curve

Response from Neovation

Thank you for trying SmarterU and we're sorry that we weren't the right fit for you. We're working on improvements to our course builder tools to make it easier to use. We do have many happy small business clients (http://bit.ly/2uIiPia) and you are correct that we are a very robust system - suitable for all business sizes depending on what they need. We are always seeking to improve, and thank you for your feedback. If your needs change, we'd love to have you back as a client. And thanks for the shout out to our Client Care team!

Rhonda E.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Easy coursework guidance

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

I would recommend this medium to employers looking to move new recruits through training.

Pros

SmarterU allowed me to navigate through many different levels of onboarding tests for employment.

Cons

Sometimes a bit cumbersome, but only in the initial learning curve ways.

Response from Neovation Learning Solutions

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words! And we agree - Any new software can be challenging to get used to - which is why we have the SmarterU Academy, and extensive help documentation! Plus our client care team! We're here if you need us! Thanks again!

Jennifer H.

It's Been Amazing

Reviewed on 2016/06/03

It's been amazing. This process has been so easy, and we're so excited that we're looking for more money in our budget to get more course work done. SmarterU has been a great system for us, but most especially the customer service.

Response from Neovation

Thanks, Jennifer! We think our clients are pretty amazing and easy to work with! Appreciate the kind words.

James I.

Great User-Friendly Program

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

Great user-friendly program, and the support staff are friendly and helpful.

Response from Neovation

Thanks, James! We want out platform to meet your needs, and we're here to help make it easy! Made sure our development and UX teams got to hear your shout-out on the "user-friendly" comment Means a lot to hear their work makes a difference to you..

Mike S.

SmarterU Is The Best System I Have Used

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

The speed and ease of assigning classes, and the grading capability, makes me a happy camper! SmarterU is the best system I have used. Good pace of development. Cost-effective solution. Responsive support.

Patrick K.

SmarterU Has The Best Service Team

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

Best service team in the business!

Response from Neovation

Thanks Patrick for the shout-out to our Client Care team. We mean it when we say "We Love You More"!

Crystal D.

Grateful To the Support Team

Reviewed on 2016/06/08

I'm grateful the SmarterU support team responds so quickly, it's reassuring to know I have backup!

Ruthie B.

We Love It

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

We love the program and the service SmarterU provides!

Lacey G.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Very happy with this LMS!

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

We have been able to reduce manual data entry of training dates by using the reporting features. We have also been able to group employees by location, job title, specialty, etc.

Pros

Speed, automation, reporting, Support desk

Cons

Big learning curve. The account permissions, group permissions, course permissions, take a lot of getting used to.

Johnathan S.

Our Official Records for Safety Training

Reviewed on 2014/07/28

SmarterU proved to be a very helpful tool during our recent regulatory audit. It's become our official records for our safety training. The Learner Report really helped us to demonstrate our training records to the inspectors. We have all six of our Safety courses all on SmarterU now, even classroom courses. It has made our training, record keeping and now our recent audit a lot more simple and organized for everyone involved.

Response from Neovation

Thank you, Johnathan. Our ability to track certification training and help automate that process helps our clients keep track of their training much more easily and comprehensively - especially in regulated industries like yours. No need to fear the audit - the records are all in one place.

Tami L.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Has potential, but will wait and see.

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

We haven't fully implemented, but it has features such as Libraries (knowledge base) and the ability to pull together Learning plans with both online, in-person and articles.

Cons

I have not been extremely impressed with the support provided by the Implementation Manager. We have not yet implemented, but I wish there was a little more recommendations on setup and structure.

Don M.

Professional and Helpful Team, Happy With The Product

Reviewed on 2016/06/09

The SmarterU team have been very professional and helpful. I can easily and happily verify their understanding of eLearning technology, pedagogical concepts, and overall team personality. I am pleased with the product they produced for us. I endorse the SmarterU team!

Mikael D.

Very Responsive!

Reviewed on 2014/07/29

Your team is taking great care of us. Very responsive and they rarely say no to anything! I went to a networking breakfast last week and was talking up SmarterU!

Response from Neovation

Thank you Mikael, we appreciate you sharing your SmarterU experience!

Martin T.

Class-Act Software Company

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

Every time there is a SmarterU release, it feels like Christmas. They're a class act software company.

Response from Neovation

Happy to help you "feel like Christmas" 6 to 8 times a year - thanks for the great comment!

Harold D.

The SmarterU Team is Terrific

Reviewed on 2014/07/28

I think SmarterU would be the perfect tool to bring both your sales presentation and your training to potential and existing reps.

Simply put, it works! The modular nature allows reps to pick out from the training and reference library what they need, when they need it.

Also, the team at SmarterU is terrific at translating your knowledge base into training modules that deliver the content in an easy to use format that really enhances both comprehension and retention.

Response from Neovation

Thank you, Harold. We love to work with our clients to convert their paper-based training into dynamic interactive online courses. Learners are more engaged, and your customers benefit from better trained Druxy's team members. Everyone benefits!

Heather M.

Loving Our SmarterU LMS

Reviewed on 2016/06/01

Loving our SmarterU LMS. Thanks very much to the team for consistently responding to and resolving our issues quickly, and for continually growing and improving the user experience. We absolutely made the right choice when we decided to work with SmarterU!

Response from Neovation

Thanks, Heather - we love working with Home Hardware! We appreciate your kind words!

Paul P.

An Incredible Partner

Reviewed on 2014/07/29

Very pleased with the services provided to Manulife - SmarterU has been an incredible partner

Response from Neovation

Thanks Paul. Our pleasure to be a partner with Manulife in your online training initiatives.

Andrew A.

Love Working With SmarterU

Reviewed on 2016/06/08

Any time I talk to anyone with SmarterU, I'm truly blown away by the positive attitude and willingness to help. I love working with you all.

Domenic P.

Awesome LMS

Reviewed on 2015/01/18

After looking for a LMS system for 18 months we chose SmarterU. We have had an excellent experience from the start.
Josh and his team have been very quick to respond to any need we have had in rolling out our online Food Safety course.
The frequent updates and program enhancements have all been excellent.
With a full list of great features and their commitment to excellence in everything they do SmarterU is a SMART choice.

Response from Neovation

Thank you , Domenic - your comments mean a lot to our entire team. Our goal is for you to have the best LMS experience possible, and we will keep "doing what we do" to keep making that experience happen!

Lauri C.

Very Responsive to Customer Needs

Reviewed on 2016/06/09

I cannot tell you how pleased we are with the SmarterU system for our internal use. The learning plans are fantastic, and for the first time in a very long time we have a handle on our internal training and records! The automation of it all was more than I dreamed of. Additionally, the support team is great and, as a business, SmarterU is very responsive to customer's needs.

Response from Neovation

Thanks, Lauri - we really strive to be "best in class" when assisting our clients and meeting their needs. So glad that our Learning Plans module is working so well for you!

Vanessa V.

I Can Always Count On SmarterU

Reviewed on 2016/06/08

I've worked with other systems before and I've never come across a system that is so focused on their customer and upon continual enhancements and development. Their graphic design team is great. Their support team is great. I can always count on SmarterU for a quick response and additional help when I need it. I highly recommend them!

Melissa H.

Diligent, Thorough, Timely

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

SmarterU's hard work really shows... they have been diligent, kind, timely, and thorough with every support ticket we've thrown their way, and it has not gone unnoticed! I'm a very happy customer.

Sabrina M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Overall good product

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Overall good LMS and easy to use now that I have been using awhile.

Pros

Ability to build either a variety of medium's within the LMS

Cons

Not very intuitive - took a while to learn and master
Currently a bug with a certain report and no resolution for approx 3 months now

Sarah Q.

Josh Flower Is A Champion

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

I am a new client, having recently signed a contract for the SmarterU LMS platform. Josh Flower has been my contact throughout our discovery process, as we shuffled through the landscape of LMS vendors. I found Josh Flower to be, hands down, the most attentive, genuine, personable representative I have come across in a very long time. The criteria for evaluating and choosing the right system for my organization were rigorous, and Josh was with me every step of the way; always providing timely answers and working with others at Neovation to dig into technical and functional details for me. He provided expert guidance and creative ideas, without overpromising. Josh is a true champion for Neovation and for SmarterU and was an integral part of my decision to choose SmarterU as our solution. He makes topnotch efforts to deliver high quality service to his clients.

Response from Neovation

We do our best to start every client relationship on the right foot - and then carry that consultative, responsive, helpful attitude through every aspect of our work with our clients, delivered by every person on our team. Thanks for your compliments - you've made Josh blush!