Oracle Eloqua Reviews

Amy B.

Marketing Campaign Workhorse

Reviewed on 2016/09/15
Review Source

Eloqua is on the one side being used as a database tool for our big pool of suspects. On the other hand, we use Eloqua as a full fledge automation tool for email, print and telemarketing campaigns. We are using the full package: emails, landing pages, forms, program builder, data tools and reporting function. Eloqua is the hub of our entire marketing program. Our marketing team is small, but every person we add is added as a user and trained to think about our customer's journey through the buying process. The sales team relies on our outbound programs driven by Eloqua. The integration with Oracle Sales Cloud creates automatic data enrichment. Even though we are fairly simple in our use of the platform, we've created efficiencies and value that we wouldn't have without Eloqua.

Pros

The campaign management in Eloqua is a very easy and intuitive tool to send out simple, as well as sophisticated email campaigns. All assets (emails, forms, landing pages, etc.) can be integrated into the campaign, which makes the reporting easy and thorough.
It has all necessary tools for a proper database management, including a good tool for scoring.
The tools available within Eloqua allow us to target our messages to right market segments, and ensures that we can suppress email addresses that have already received a marketing message from us on a given day and unsubscribed through subscription management. We use Eloqua as a full fledge automation tool for all email campaigns and event RSVPs.
Additionally, we have it synced with our CRM so that new contacts are added into the system automatically.
I also think Eloqua University is a great resource.

Cons

Sometimes take a while until you can solve together with support your problem. They usually do not go the extra mile.We contracted a 3rd party to help implement some features and support training to maintain since Oracle does not provide those offerings.
I also think lead scoring still needs work. I think they need to increase the amount of documents they allow you to store in their progressive profiling component. Sometimes it takes a while until you can solve a problem with support. They usually do not go the extra mile. We contracted a 3rd party to help implement some features and training documentation to maintain since Oracle does very little in those areas.

John D.

My Favorite Marketing Automation Platform

Reviewed on 2018/11/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have used Marketo, Hubspot, Pardot, etc. This is by far, my favorite of all of them. In the others, I have had many situations where I had a business problem that I couldn't solve in it. Not with Oracle Marketing.

Pros

Very, very powerful. I am very rarely limited by what it can do. I make up for shortfalls in other platforms (ETL, lead routing, data cleansing and standardization) along with all of the good things that a marketing automation platform can and should do. Their WYSIWYG improvements continue to get better as well.

Cons

Some of the back end is still the old E-9 platfrom, which is clunky. There isn't much thought in how to keep it clean and maintained - it is difficult or impossible to archive objects like landing pages, emails, forms, programs and campaigns. This leads to a cluttered UI after you have used it for a while.

Olivia T.

Great marketing automation software once you figure out its quirks

Reviewed on 2017/06/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Switching from Eloqua to Hubspot, there are definitely things I miss about Eloqua and in my role Eloqua seemed to fit my needs better. A benefit our company liked about Hubspot over Eloqua was the ability to track social media and get a full picture of campaign performance (versus just reporting on individual emails or landing pages in Eloqua).

Pros

Tons of flexibility with segmenting and contacts, easy to create emails and landing pages, visual layouts of campaign workflows, a lot of email statistic reports.

Cons

A few things seemed more cumbersome than they should be (like not being able to create a picklist on the fly within a form, or needed to create a separate header each time if you wanted to use it for preview text). Once in a while it seemed to glitch and I'd need to "Save As" and try again to get it to work. However, we've now switched to Hubspot and I've had to do the same thing.

A robust marketing automation tool for streamlining digital marketing and contact management

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Streamlines email marketing, contact management and our Marketing to Sales processes. We have been able to clean up our database, create new processes that provide Sales with the information they need about our new leads, and report on the metrics that help us making ongoing decisions.

Pros

OMC (Or Eloqua as I still call it), it extremely deep in its functionality, features and integrations. If what you want to do isn't out of the box, or a plugin available, you can create just about any program or process within the system.

Cons

The reporting is horrible. It is not intuitive, even the customizable reports are clunky to build and take forever to load. There are even instances where there is "too much" data to load a report! How is that possible for an enterprise-level software?

Great for complex and unique campaigns and programs.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

We use Oracle Marketing Cloud/Eloqua for all of our marketing automation and email marketing communication needs throughout the company, both internally and externally. There's a lot of features and functionalities here and so many choices when building out segments, emails, and landing pages.

Cons

The reports sometimes can be a little off and not match with other reports in the same system. When we have large canvases and campaigns, it can be slow to run our segments and thus, can delay our launches.

Matthew M.

Deliver the right message at the right time.

Reviewed on 2014/11/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Eloqua empowers us to deliver marketing to our prospects as if we're having real conversations with them. Using a combination of assets, such as landing pages, forms, and emails, it's easy to create integrated marketing experiences that have a clear, unified voice, to progressively gather information about those you're marketing to, and to provide value exchange. And Eloqua (now a part of the Oracle Marketing Cloud) offers first-class training and ongoing support to help you and your team along your way. So, no matter if you're a shop of one or a large team, Eloqua can scale to fit your business needs.

Cons

Since the acquisition by Oracle, access to support has changed. It used to be that you could call in and talk to a rep, who would talk you through any problem on the spot. Now it's necessary to submit a ticket through the ticketing system, and most of the interaction is done over the web. They have been able to resolve all problems still, so the process is different, but it's not necessarily better or worse.

David G.

Best if used by HTML developers.

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Pros

Not great for casual users. UI is getting better but needs work. Data can be exported easily to xml or xcel formats. Lead scoring is ok but needs more intergration with CMS to be useful.

Cons

UI, support ...top liners has old info. Program builder is difficult. It is not intergrated into Compendium very well. Eloqua was purchased by Oracle not all of integration works.

3.0/10
Mark S.

Oracle Marketing Cloud

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Oracle Marketing has eased our Departments working conventions due to the many functionalities it offers such as data tracking, automated report generation, reminder, hierarchy etc..

Pros

My company had purchased a 2 year contract with Oracle package which includes the Marketing Cloud of which was used by me. Changing from an old system to Oracle was done with ease and the functionality Oracle offers along with its UI and troubleshoot is great for its users. Overall i am pleased with this software.

Cons

The price for the package was quite high in its 2 year contract, also the customer support was not easy to get a hold of, at least for me.

Raghu N.

Oracle Marketing Cloud: A Full fledge marketing automation solution

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

We use it for our marketing automation needs, mainly lead scoring and email marketing.

Pros

Seamless integration with third party tools like Dynamics, sales force.
Social integration such as twitter and Facebook give you insight of social media campaigns, this has helped us a lot.
Also, hyper cloud feature is cool which is used to create personalized micro sites using dynamic user content.

Cons

Reporting feature can be improvised.
Customer support can be improved.

Francesca T.

Reviewed on 2013/02/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I worked with Eloqua in 2 different companies, and in the first one, I used both 2 versions E9 and E10. My current company Code Mitte, combines experience and expertise in CRM, marketing automation and knowledge management. We are specialized on technical customization of CRM systems like Salesforce and integration with Eloqua based on company's individual business needs and processes.

In 2011 we decided to adopt Eloqua 10 to implement sales and marketing processes and to achieve and sustain organizational growth. Eloqua is a complete tool, something more than sending emails or automating emails. I can easily get the ROI in the Eloqua reports and dashboards, and I can see the entire lead cycle, from the marketing source to the revenue, and the performance of each single assets in each step of our sales cycle.

Thanks to the Eloqua sales enablement tools our sales team is now aware of all leads, online activities, and can prioritize them.

Eloqua has many functionalities (marketing automation, analysis, sales tools, lead nurturing, tracking, integrations, app & widgets, ......) so it is important to take advantage of them, especially if you want to see the return of the investment!

At the beginning of the integration, Eloqua provided us with a Success Plan tailored to our company and assist us in the strategy. I have been able to apply the strategy and get excellent results thanks to the Topliners Community, the online trainings and the support team, which are still giving us an extremely important help.

K M.

Staying on top with Oracle Marketing Cloud

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

I have worked with Eloqua and Oracle Marketing Cloud for over 5 years. After assessing multiple competitors, we always come back to Oracle. Their ability to understand our business needs and provide solutions that fit is impeccable. In addition, their support and community groups provide expertise and insight that cannot be matched.

Lauren J.

Reviewed on 2012/07/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am reviewing Eloqua from the perspective of Marketing Data. My position opened up in Ariba Inc. post Eloqua implementation. Therefore I had to jump into training to get caught up with the rest of my team's Eloqua building skills. The first thing I have to say about Eloqua training is that it's second to none. I have never worked in a system that had such a thorough training university in place as well as an amazing user support community like Topliners. These two areas alone have made a world of difference in how I can use this amazing tool to better our data health.

A particular highlight, as a data analyst, is utilizing the dashboards for normalizing data cleanliness. Without this easy interface so much useful data could fall through the cracks and in turn sales would not be receiving honest MQL's. The dashboards also allow for proper data monitoring for all scoring purposes and to help troubleshoot data sources if data is entering the system with the wrong values. The last area in which Eloqua really stepped up was assisting in mapping out a data governance for utilizing Eloqua for our company. With guidance from several Eloqua Reps. we were able to compile a hefty governance policy for our uses and users of Eloqua as well as documenting the data flow process to our CRM. I am a true Eloqua fan and encourage everyone to check out their Topliners community to see all the capabilities of this system.

John D.

Most powerful MAP on the market

Reviewed on 2017/03/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Have used many different marketing automation platforms, and Eloqua is still king of them all

Pros

Can be used for simple applications through complex ones.

Cons

Pricing can be high if not negotiated down.

Alister R.

full features marketing automation

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Full of features needs more new age team to rejig the product to beat the competition. A good option for enterprises planning to use market automation.

Pros

Campaign manager is great. it allows for custom workflows.
Allows us to manage campaigns across multiple channels within the single system supports close to 7 channels
Extensive integrations with 3rd party apps for data enrichment. Used data.com for contact syndication and maroon.ai for predictive applications layer.

Cons

Expensive in comparison with the competition
Lots of features but the support is bad and also the layout and UI looks dated. Needs an upgrade. Makes the product look unnecessarily complicated.

7.0/10
Fraser D.

Extremely fully functional marketing application

Reviewed on 2018/10/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

- it is scalable and integrates fully with several key areas of our business
- very few problems in terms of application performance

Cons

- the sheer amount of functionality is overwhelming; if you could customise to limit what you see that would help
- the UI is not the best

7.0/10
Arpine B.

Reviewed on 2012/07/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have been following Eloqua since 2007, so when 3 years ago there was time for my company to switch to a marketing automation solution, Eloqua was the first company on the list of potential vendors. After thorough evaluation, we moved forward with Eloqua not only because of the great features, but also because of their ability to customize the product to our multi-brand, multi-website environment. Since then, Eloqua developed greatly, among its greatest new features are the cloud connectors, connecting Eloqua with multiple third party tools we use, and allowing all data be stored in one place.

I've used Eloqua at two companies now, one install with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and the other one - with salesforce.com. The Microsoft Dynamics integration was a custom one built using Eloqua API - it took a while to implement, but once complete, worked well. The salesforce.com integration I am working with has custom elements to it, and also works well. Multiple security groups allow to control user permissions, only giving users access to what they need, eliminating risks of data corruption and minimizing human error. The capabilities of Program Builder automation are nearly endless, programs and emails can be customized to target prospects and impact the bottom line.

Orangel C.

Automate marketing content

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

We have used it to plan large-scale projects that require the dissemination of information in all possible communication channels, that optimizes the use of the platform and the effective work of our team. Discipline, organization, order and a great impact on our customers is what we have achieved with the use of this great platform

Pros

It is a support tool to automate the marketing of your company by email, works from the point of view of the seller and to meet the needs of the buyer. It integrates perfectly with social networks known to all, this will allow your management to go a little further. It is the ideal platform to carry marketing campaigns

Cons

It is a complete tool, it has details like any platform but nothing that has not been solved with time and updates of it

Deb T.

Data all in one place

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/09/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This product is very popular. Its latest version really tries to bring data from several sources into one giant piece of information. It includes social information which is more and more important.

Cons

The set up of a software like this is obviously challenging, but in order to get the results you want you have to put in the work up front. This is also a higher priced marketing solution.

Krista S.

Reviewed on 2012/07/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have been using Eloqua for over a year now to manage my B2B email marketing and nurture campaigns. I can't imagine a more useful or easy-to-use tool. From the day we implemented Eloqua, we had full support from their team of experts who walked us through everything from implementation to best practices. Eloqua has their own University and certifications that help you advance your knowledge of both the product and marketing.

We have integrated Eloqua with our Salesforce install, which helps us to seamlessly pass information back and forth about leads. I am able to segment out leads based on their stage in the sales cycle and target marketing messages based on their stage. The lead's activity then passes back into Salesforce to give the sales rep more insight into the lead's digital body language. The support of the Eloqua community is tremendous! Their Topliners community is full of Eloqua employees and users who are there to give you advice and share success stories. You are never on your own when you are part of the Eloqua community.

Use it to create emails and to launch email drip campaigns

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

I am very easily able to set up a canvas with html emails to create email drip campaigns to send out to prospects, clients, and partners alike. Also easy to create a short form for events. It does a good job of pushing reports to our emails whenever somebody fills out the form, so we have all the contact data on hand.

Cons

With the html emails that are created using this software, the code itself is unnecessarily complex. The CSS is inline with the HTML and it would be more clear/easier to edit if there was a CSS style sheet instead.

Chris L.

Best of breed marketing automation solution

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/01/04
Review Source

Pros

Versatile set of functionality which enables you to provide co-ordinated targeting marketing across multiple channels

Cons

Cost of the solution is quite high, as a best of breed solution - but worth every penny in terms of providing effective targeted marketing

Chee L.

Workhorse, but not UI friendly.

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Running big and multi-step email campaigns with over 10000 contacts is what I have been using Eloqua for.

Pros

Setting up email campaigns and landing pages are quick and easy. The A/B testing on email campaigns is a nice feature and that you can set a time range and once that's up, the winning email will be sent to the rest of your contacts.

Cons

There's a lot that Eloqua can do, but not many resources you can find to really put Eloqua in good use. The UI changes frequently, so you need to take a moment to familiarize yourself with the dashboard. The text editor provided is atrocious to use - its very glitchy. So if you're familiar with better text editors like Atom, Sublime Text or Dreamweaver - you don't get any options, nothing populates when writing tags etc.

3.0/10

Full featured but clunky

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/11/14
Review Source

Pros

Many features are available and email templates, seed lists, contacts, campaigns, etc can all be configured as desired. Good options for message tracking as well.

Cons

Interface can be a bit confusing, as can be the process for setting up segments. Having so many options can also lead to confusion.

6.0/10
Vivek S.

Oracle Marketing Cloud Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

I use it for email marketing & SMS pushes. Overall my job gets satisfactorily done using this software. The customer service are very helpful in case i face any problem using the software.

Pros

I use it for email marketing, so i find it easy to make newsletter. I get the option of directly pasting my HTML code and the template is ready. If someone is not a coder then he/she has the option of making the template by drag & drop options.

Cons

I personally find the software little complicated. There are lots of steps to be taken to get a thing done which i think is unnecessary. Also the user-interface is old.

5.0/10
James A.

A Newbie's Impression of Eloqua 10!

Reviewed on 2014/11/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The Eloqua suite is very powerful and has brilliant support resources like Topliners and the Eloqua University. With the reward and badge system in Topliners, it really encourages you to learn as much as possible. As a novice user always looking for information, the training and support areas are solid as are the community resources.

Cons

There are some glitches here and there when campaign building. Updates can cause outage periods. There are small bugs within fields, which means additional clicks.