Trakstar Reviews

Trakstar

Employee Performance Appraisal Software

4.4/5 (276 reviews)
Jill E.

Trakstar: GREAT Track Record for Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Our company was in need of a performance evaluation software that would be available online and easy enough for our professional but extremely busy (sometimes overwhelmed) staff to learn and use. We used to use the Excel sheets and we needed something that everyone could quickly "pick up" and implement. Fastrak was the most advantageous in meeting our company's needs due to the ease of adding goals, editing the staff list (in times of growth, promotions, turnover, etc.), adding measurements to assist in showing efforts and when goals (or portions of them) were met/completed, and provided reminders to those who neglected deadlines. The last item was essential to those who work in Human Resources and did not want to "badger" nor take responsibility of repeatedly reminding the busy and often traveling supervisors and employees who found it difficult to make time for this important effort.

Pros

I've had top-notch help from your reps who have answered my calls and answered my questions. Your company is also proactive in sharing information via frequent webinars. Matt Weissenborn was very helpful, articulate and professional in his presentation.
I enjoy using the Measurement tools in the online software.

Cons

I wish there was a Guide for Administrators -- just as there is one called "Employee Guide" for users. It would take significantly less time to refer to one than to call or try to figure out something myself (trial/error). I would like a means to SEE the individual's goals without having to download to export.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Jill,

Many thank for your review. Love to hear the things that have helped - like emails that helped keep things on track. Also, great to hear our support team has been top-notch.

I love your ideas - so many good ones I won't repeat them here in my response, and I will promise to add them to our feature discussion board. As a company, we review every single suggestion to see patterns and try to improve.

Thanks again!
--Julie Rieken

Lisa C.

Great performance appraisal program

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

We are a small non-profit association with about 85 active employees. We use TrakStar for our annual performance appraisal program . Our program is designed to have every employee receive a review at the same time each year, rather than each year on their annual anniversary. We also have a 90-day initial review, and a 6-month informal review.

Pros

This software is relatively uncomplicated for the regular employee, especially since they have redesigned the appearance. Training on the system does not take long and there are several helpful videos to provide assistance to staff and administrators. I find it to be pretty intuitive. In most cases there are some options for customizing your performance appraisal and the cycle.
They also have several opportunities for training of administrators through webinars (live and pre-recorded) and these are really useful.

Cons

I do wish there were more flexibility in customization and that it was easier to reach some of the relevant customer service videos; however, the customer service team (if you can reach them by phone) is very responsive and helpful.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Lisa,

Such a nice, thoughtful review. You're using a lot of Trakstar, and that's awesome. I love that the videos have been helpful and that you've joined our webinars!

We're re-designing our support site as we speak Will you let me know if you find things to be easier once we release the changes? We'd love your feedback.

Thanks again,

Jill E.

THRILLED ABOUT TRAKSTAR!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/04/26

Our rep just provided us the second part of our training via webinar; we asked for "Goals & Notes" to be given last June and finally the "Scoring" given today as we wrap up the performance period.

I am VERY pleased with our rep's professionalism, and knowledge about the Trakstar program. The way he guided us through the webinar was wonderful. Many employees and managers have expressed trepidation about the upcoming sequence of events, but our rep broke it down very easily and methodically. Our rep has a very good quality about his delivery of information, his voice, and ease of going through the screens as he proceeds, making the learner feel more confident. I already received the videos he created -- within minutes after completion of the training -- so I'm able to share with the employees and managers who could not attend today's webinar. Thank you!

I wish Trakstar would create a "Quick Start Guide for Administrators" as they have for both managers and employees, and then load it on the Support Articles page, but for the meantime I am very pleased to have access to the Support pages, tutorials, videos, etc. and can email Support whenever I have need. I'm grateful about that, too.

If you allow me one more "wish list" item would be the ability to change an employee's job title easily throughout the year -- as long as it does not represent a promotion that would affect change of goals, etc. When we've had a change of management, the new manager will come in and request change of titles (not duties, etc.) of his/her direct reports. This need is likely common among certain industries and such a change would be a huge improvement. Thank you for asking for our feedback.

Thank you to our rep, for making Trakstar look easy to use to our employees!

Cons

There ought to be a Quick Guide for Administrators; too often I've searched the support pages and did not find precisely what I've wanted, so had to email and did not have direct phone access because we don't pay for that added service. We're three hours apart from each other so there've been a few times that I was not able to get answers as immediately as I would have liked (in an ideal world). LOL.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Jill,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really appreciate it. Also, we are taking your suggestion and will be building a "Quickstart Guide" for admins. Great idea!

Thanks again,
Julie

Nancy C.

An Excellent Idea with some rough edges

Reviewed on 2016/03/22

Trakstar is an excellent idea. It allows employees and managers equal time in the appraisal process, which has been lacking in employee appraisal since the beginning of time.

As a manager it is quite helpful for an employee to weigh in on their performance. Too often we have no idea how the employee sees their performance until we are having 'the talk'.

Trakstar could be a little more user friendly, it is not always intuitive in the way it works and can be cumbersome for the administrator when trying to fix mistakes that managers make.

It would be an excellent addition if the manager were not allowed to Archive for agencies that still rely on paper for the employees personnel files. we use the 'archive' button to indicate that the signed appraisal has been received in HR to signal that the process is complete.

It would also be helpful if we could set up an agency wide appraisal two level system where the employee first gets a 6 month New Employee appraisal, and when archived Trakstar would auto generate the next appraisal in the Annual mode, instead of the 'new employee' mode again.

The last thing I can think of now, is the period of time our annual appraisals encompass. Right now the auto generated Annual appraisals have a date parameter based on the employees date of hire, and that is good for some. However, we use a fixed date system based on our fiscal year, and each time a new appraisal is generated i have to go into Trakstar and 'fix' the dates to our parameters.

Thanks for this excellent product; with just a couple of tweaks, it could be FANTASTIC! (for us)

Response from Trakstar

Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We love that Trakstar allows both managers and employees the opportunity to contribute around performance.

We'll also take your suggestion on archiving to heart. Fwiw, we designed the Archiving process to allow managers the discretion about when to share the content with the employee. Some like to do it in advance of the meeting, some afterwards - and we felt they should be the ones to decide.

That said, we have heard your request. I can promise that we'll bring that forward at our next company-wide feature meeting.

Last, some of the things you mention *I think* might be possible/solvable by design in Trakstar (fixed dates, 6 month to Annual.) I hope you won't mind if I have someone reach out to you?

Thank you again, and feel free to connect with me directly if you'd like!

Julie

Allyson J.

Increased efficiency - definite ROI

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Have had a wonderful experience with Trakstar; it gives the employees the access they need through out the year to work towards their goals and development. Managers are able to work more efficiently and put accountability in the hands of the employee.

Pros

The efficiency of the workflow and the way we can customize it to our needs.

Cons

I would like to see a better org chart!

Response from Trakstar

Hi Allyson,

Thanks so much for your great review. I'm amused that you liked the "Julie from Trakstar" sessions...that's me! Cool.

I love your suggestion on the org chart. I promise to add it to our feature discussion board. As a company, we review every single idea to find patterns and ways we can improve.

Keep in touch and let us know how we can help as your needs evolve, and thanks again.

Aimee F.

A bare-bones performance mgmt tool for organizations ready to upgrade but can't afford the big guns.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/09/18

See my review - it focused on competencies, so as an organization looking to be more progressive, we were ready to use it.

Pros

Focus on competencies - which many other cheap - to - affordable products don't offer.

Cons

You can't customize the appraisal process. It's either the formal appraisal (with ratings) or a 'goal setting' function. So, it won't work for orgs like mine who tend to do a mid-year 'check-in' as opposed to the full appraisal process. Customer service is slow, email only really, and not always helpful in giving you a complete solution. They also do not do 360s which is something we've begun to do at my org. Also, if you are not focusing on competencies, as an org--which I'm certain MANY are not, I'm not at all sure how you would use this tool.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Aimee,

Thank you so much for leaving this review! Our customer's feedback is so important. I do want to mention that, as an administrator, 360 reviews can be enabled in your Trakstar site and we'd be happy to walk you through what that set up looks like. In addition, we might be able to offer some insight and take your feedback on how to have a more flexible review process by utilizing Trakstar's open ended questions and flexible rating scales features.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and we hope we can help make your review process match what you're looking for!

5.0/10
Grant R.

Bad - Horrible UI/UX that you will pay for over and over again

Reviewed on 2017/03/07

Lot of issues here that I want to point out with this software:

1) This software does not do corrective actions or Performance Improvement Plans, they try to tell you that it does in the sales presentations, but this software does not do it. They will tell you about a work around, but it is so complex and contrived that your managers will never use it, I promise.
2) We were trying to get the software to allow us to do a 6 month check-in, so essentially our managers would be able to meet with our employees halfway to their annual review and check in to see how they were coming along, not to be rated, but just a checkup to see how things were going. Sounds easy, right? Well, you'd be wrong on that too, and so was I. They launched into a super complex work around, which again was way more complex than any of my managers would ever need or be able to use.
3) Whenever I first looked at signing up to use this software, I liked the seemingly easy and simple to use interface that I had seen on demos and on videos on youtube. I thought, well, it's just about loading in positions and job data, then I should be off and running with this system. Well, their estimate for getting setup is typically at least 3 months, that should tell you something. I thought that they would just be doing a lot of hand holding, turns out that what they were really doing is making up for a poor UI and UX in their system. It is next to impossible to anticipate where to go, what to click, etc. They try to make up for it with their training, but it just seemed to frustrate me more that they wouldn't fix the clear weaknesses and complexness of their interface to suit the customer. They would rather spend an hour training you on how to do something super complex, and oh, by the way, if you mention to them that something is complex, unnecessary, or just plain not intuitive, instead of take the feedback, they actually get defensive and back up their reasoning for doing whatever they are doing in a totally illogical and contrived way. They need to take a page from Google and Apple and go back to the drawing board with their system and design something from the ground up that is EASY TO USE.
4) Scoring for employees is extremely complex and contrived, just ask them to show it to you in the sales process, you will see

I could write more, but I ran out of room, check out JuvodHR if you are looking for a better solution, that's where I went.

Pros

Not really much to like, to be quite honest

Cons

5) There is this wonderful background jobs pop-up that pops up every time that you do ANYTHING in the application, I'm serious. You have to dismiss it manually every time, it is ridiculous, unnecessary, and very annoying.
6) There is no simple way to have them tie any type of notes or issues with an employee back to a part of their job description that it is supposed to match. Which, is really the basis of why you are keeping records for corrective actions, notices, etc, to protect yourself from an employee if you have to terminate for performance based reasons/issues.
7) If you have employees who don't sit at a desk or have their own computer, this system is not for you. It does not offer you a way to accommodate those employees. Again, they will talk about a solution or work around, but again, don't be fooled, they have no solution here either.

Response from Trakstar

It's disappointing to have a customer feel this way. In our exchanges with Grant, I wish we'd been able to find more common ground. Grant, thanks for sharing your thoughts. They are important to us.

Sincerely,

0.0/10
Danielle B.

Trakstar Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2016/08/22

I've really enjoyed having Trakstar as our performance review tool. With each UI update it gets better and better. It's not overly complicated so my employees aren't confused by how to go in take notes, track goals, and score reviews. All I have to do is remind them about due dates and they're on their way!

Pros

Just the right amount of features so employees aren't overwhelmed
Email notifications/reminders
Ability to set different goals per employee with different weightings
Reports

Cons

I wish the admin portal was more user friendly. You have to figure out work arounds for certain things that can become time consuming. I also wish (for admins) you didn't have to "log in as user" every time you want to look at the progress of employee reviews. You should be able to just click an employees name and their current review with notes/comments/scores updated should appear.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Danielle,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate it! Your words about the UI improving really make us feel good...we've been working on that upgrade for a while and were so excited to share it.

I hear you on logging in as a user to do certain things. It's not easy to keep things confidential and provide security, and this is something we will add to our group discussion for improvement. Thanks for sharing.

Mike B.

Trakstar is rich in substance for managing performance appraisals

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

I manage a team with some shared goals as well as individual goals. Trakstar allows me to work with my employee to track their progress throughout the year. This allows for more shared accountability among the employees and me as their manager. It has helped me to keep not only my staff on track with their goals, but it keeps me on track with my own performance goals. Trakstar is unique and a valuable tool to any company wanting to provide meaningful performance goals while seeing positive results.

Pros

I really like how you can both individualize performance goals AND cascade collective goals per employee. This makes for a very convenient system when you have group goals and individual goals for your staff.
Trakstar also gives a sense of accountability to employees to update notes on their progress towards performance goals. The monthly reminders to enter notes are wonderful!

Cons

The support videos for using Trakstar are good, but I wish their were slides and non-video aids to help through tutorials as you learn to use Trakstar.

Ana M.

Highly recommendable

Reviewed on 2016/03/22

We implemented Trakstar a little over a year ago now and as our organization has now completed the annual appraisal cycle, I am ready to review the software. What I want to say first and foremost is, I can very highly recommend Trakstar. It is a very user friendly tool that has made our performance management process much easier on all users.

The Trakstar team were excellent at advising and supporting us throughout the configuration and implementation. Nothing was impossible. They came back on all our questions in a very clear and timely manner and provided the employee and manager trainings for our team. We received many compliments from manager and employees on the quality of the training and trainer (Lauren Fish in our case).

Thanks to this tool, our performance management process is more dynamic and streamlined. It is a big relief to no longer have paper forms going around, different versions, etc. Our employees find it much easier with Trakstar and so far all I've heard is positive from accross our organization.

It makes life much easier for the HR Department too. As a Trakstar administrator you can easily see where everyone is in the process and can send automatic reminders if needed. Trakstar also produces awesome reports that have proved very valuable during calibration. You can see at a glance whether there may be any rater bias, etc, and can signal accordingly.

All in all, really fantastic tool that has met and even exceeded our expectations. We look forward to continue working with Trakstar!

Response from Trakstar

Hello Ana,

It is so nice to hear from you. Thank you for the recommendation, and for specifically mentioning Lauren Fish. We really like her, too.

As things continue to evolve and you need adjustments to timing, processes, forms, emails...anything, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Again, thank you!

Tony B.

Performance management made simple!!

Reviewed on 2018/01/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Trakstar's Performance Appraisal software that will help your organization manage feedback, goals, and reviews. You can also build customized appraisal forms, set SMART goals, and create flexible workflows to meet the needs of your organization. If you are looking for a new way to set goals and review performances, this is a great product to use.

Pros

We switched to Trakstar a while back for performance reviews and this product is extremely easy to use. It is visually appealing, has intuitive interface, and actually makes 1:1 meetings and performance reviews something to look forward to. We were unsatisfied with our old product and were looking for a program to make our reviews easier to perform, and Trakstar has made that process enjoyable.

Cons

When we first moved to Trakstar I felt that it was a bit clunky and hard to move around in Trakstar. Their new design, their customer service, and my continued usage have helped tremendously. Great product and Service!!

Suzzanne F.

Newer Trakstar User - we love it!

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

We recently implemented Trakstar and this is the first time that we're using it for our annual review cycle. Every team member went through PA training, which included learning about Trakstar. The feedback so far has been great - it's easy to use, intuitive, and will make the process so much easier than what we've done in the past (a form we created in Excel!).

As an administrator I've reached out lots of times to Trakstar's support group with questions about reports, functionality, etc. They are super responsive, great to work with, and have helped me find some work-arounds for things that we needed for our company.

This tool is a GREAT VALUE. The implementation was very easy, went quickly, and we were able to deliver an online tool that we had not originally planned to do this year.

We're looking forward to learning more and make the most out of Trakstar.

Pros

Ease of implementation, ease of use. The price is great. Our team members have picked up on it quickly.

Cons

We have some specific reporting needs that Trakstar doesn't have. It's okay, we've found workarounds.

Response from Trakstar

Suzanne,

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to work with you and Cydcor. I'm glad your people have responded well to training and that our support team has been helpful to you.

We plan to work on our reports this year so I'd love to know about your needs.

Please stay in touch and thanks again for your review!

Beth T.

PMPs Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

The employees complain about performance management; but not about trakstar. I always separate the two. They like trakstar. I do a training called "Tips for Better Appraisals" and integrate the use of trakstar into it and how easy it is to ensure that you will get an excellent review if you utilize the great features availble in trakstar such as the notes and goal tracking.

Pros

Ease of use; customer service. The set-up is extremely easy; changing forms is easy.

Cons

Extra cost for the added features - succession planning

Ali G.

Great Performance Tool

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Great Performance product, dedicated customer service team, has helped our organization tremendously!

Pros

Customization of review forms, review types, competencies, approval routes, and dedicated customer support team who always responds within 24 hours of a general issue, and within an hour of two of high importance issues.

Cons

Wish it was an all in one solution for HR/payroll/performance so we had everything in one place

Response from Trakstar

Hi Ali,

Your review is fantastic, and we appreciate it. We're so glad to have ABC Financial with Trakstar. Please continue working with us as your needs evolve, we're happy to be there.

Yes...all-in-one...I hear you. We're going to add new things in 2017 and will continually work to improve.

Maree T.

TrakStar's Performance Rates Highly

Reviewed on 2010/08/31

Apart from the 'cons' noted above, the product is extremely well thought out, well researched, well supported and user friendly and I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

TrakStar mirrored our existing paper-based Performance Review process so was easy to 'sell' to our staff when it was first installed. The improvements over the years have made it even more user-friendly. Support is fantastic, and even though we are half-way around the world Glenn makes sure he answers my queries as promptly as he can - sometimes within an hour! Administratively, I really like the fact the system is so adaptable and easy to modify to meet the changing needs of our reviews. The reporting facility is also a bonus - I can report 'delinquents' to senior management and provide real-time information very quickly. The Promantek team listen to critiques and act on popular suggestions to make the system a better product.

Cons

There aren't many cons, I have enquired about having a page to list non-rateable items such as future aspirations, training needs, and barriers to improvement, and have been told these are on the development plan for future upgrades. Also our staff have said that the 1-5 rating system feels too restrictive, and that a 1-8 or 1-10 system may be more flexible. Personally I think 1-10 is too much, and a 1-7 rating system feels about right. I haven't enquired about this with Promantek so don't know if it can (or will) be changed or not.

Jeremy H.

We hoped for better!

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

We originally selected Trakstar because it was affordable and the demo given to us was good overall. Though this product does the basics, it is still extremely outdated and lacks a lot of intuition. The reports are all saved as PDF's or you can export excel documents. The excel docs are a major mess for the most part and will leave you with hours more work editing them. Once you get everyone's assessment, you have to load the PDF into the employee's folder so that they can see their grade. Though the rating dashboard is decent, viewing your individualized grading metrics afterwards is nowhere near as user-friendly.

The product lacks many simple features that we're just forgotten during its build. You cannot update your grading scale without going into EVERY SINGLE COMPETENCY manually and changing your grading scale (ie. going from a 5-point grading scale to a 4-point grading scale, etc.). Basically, there is no way to mass-edit a lot of things in the system. I hope you have someone on your team that has days worth of time to manage this system.

The 360-review capabilities are even more difficult. As an admin of your organization system, you can't send out 360 reviews unless you log in as that specific manager's manager. Yes, you will have to continuously click links to log in as another user in order to edit (or even view) that person's appraisal.

We've also had a lot of issues with grading schemes not working properly and various bugs popping up frequently, impacting our entire review cycle. The support team is VERY small and leads to long response times which gets crazy in the middle of your review cycle.

The new UI is pretty, but the UX still lacks a lot of intuition. Unfortunately, Trakstar is a lot of form over function at this point. They need to hire a good UI/UX guy and a senior engineer to fix some things and then I would maybe suggest using it.

Pros

Affordable, decent design (UI, not UX)

Cons

Difficult UX, can't pull many of the reports you would need, doesn't give you many meaningful insights at all, lots of bugs, slow response by support (they have a very small team), almost every process is manual and takes a LONG time to make changes in the system due to this issue

Response from Trakstar

Hi Jeremy,

I am very sorry to hear your experience. You have quite a bit of important feedback. I think it might be best if you and I were to speak over the phone. I'd love to better understand your needs and be able for us to connect personally.

I'll reach out to you now to learn more.

Thanks for your honesty, perhaps we can better understand your needs soon.

2.0/10
Mark J.

Trakstar is a star!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Since installation we have drastically improved the consistency and timeliness of staff reviews. Also love the goals and objectives.

Pros

Customer service/support is great. I haven’t had many issues, but when I did support was fast and even followed up a day later to make sure things were still fine. My issues were user related. The software is solid!

Cons

The reporting is a bit limited. Might be nice to have the ability to create some customized reports.

7.0/10
Kirstie O.

TRAKSTAR IS AWESOME!!

Reviewed on 2016/03/17

Trakstar is so user friendly and meets all of the needs of our employees and managers in our jurisdictions across the globe.
The service team are so knowledgeable and so responsive, no matter what they are asked and the support page is full of great information!
The webinars on offer also provide valuable training on how to make our administrator tasks easier! Love that!!!
Recommendations for consideration in any future changes:
1) I would ask that the "carry forward goals, measurements etc" when a manager is archiving, be defaulted to yes, rather than having to choose every time.
2) Have a link to access the support page after you sign in to the system so that you don't have to open a new page or log out.
3) Increase the size of the Appraisal's window for admins.....we have so many employees that the scroll bar doesn't go down far enough and we can't see all of the employees...we have to print the list in order to see the entire list.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Kirstie,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I'm glad Trakstar works for your organization in lots of places worldwide. I also love your suggestions. Here's what I can promise. We track and bring forward every customer suggestion as we build features and determine direction. We do this bi-annually at a Trakstar meeting we call "Festivus." (Seinfeld fan?) At this meeting, we bring forward all ideas and vet them based on demand and need. While we can't promise to act on every idea from all customers, I *can* promise your ideas will be heard by the group. And, fwiw, all of your suggestions are great ones!!

Thanks again, Kirstie.

Cheers,

Grigor M.

Trakstar - a solution that delivers results!

Reviewed on 2015/09/15

We were initially using Trakstar in one part of our business and then as we merged, we made the decision to expand its use across the entire organisation (approx. 1280 people) 12 months on, our leaders and team members now confirm they find the software easy to use and that Trakstar provides them a flexible tool, to support their regular development conversations. The flexibility within the system is great and people are able to tailor KPI's and measurements dependent on their roles and employment. Managers can monitor and track individual reports with ease and staff are telling us they are having more regular coaching and feedback sessions.

Because we felt confident in the system, we made the decision to further extend our use of Trakstar and integrate our Competency Framework (via Job Families) into every persons appraisal. This has worked exceptionally well and we now have a reliable system that is flexible to our needs, easy to use and that aligns behaviors from Executive level through to team member level.

Our end result is our people are using Trakstar to set realistic measurements and hold regular feedback conversations in support of personal development and business performance.
The 'icing on the cake' has been the support from Trakstar staff. When we merged organisations we were naturally cautious as we discussed our needs. We need not have worried and the level of customer service can only be described as 'outstanding'.

We would have no problems at all in recommending Trakstar as solution that delivers results - at all levels. Well done Trakstar and the team - you have delivered as promised!

Brenda D.

Trakstar has greatly improved our appraisal completion rate.

Reviewed on 2015/03/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

As administrator, I can update competencies in multiple jobs simultaneously. Trakstar also has the capability to send customized emails to staff to remind them to take certain actions. The best advantage for me is I can run reports to see which appraisals are in progress, finished, etc. It makes it very easy to follow up with staff and ensure they complete appraisals on time. When we used paper appraisals we had about a 10% completion rate. Now, we are near 100%.

Cons

It isn't intuitive for all our staff. Some have embraced it and use it successfully throughout the year, but others only access it once or twice a year and have trouble navigating it.

Kelly S.

Endlessly Customizable

Reviewed on 2016/03/21

Pros

So far, this software has been endlessly customizable for how we want to use it to give our employees their semi-annual reviews. Trakstar's support team provided me, as an administrator, with a very good basis for how to use the system and they've been very responsive with all the questions I've had as we've utilized the software more and more. As we've been using it, we've changed how we originally thought we would use it for employees, and so far every single thing we've wanted to use it for it has been able to do either with changes I can make on the back end, or with changes the support team has been happy to help me do.

Our employees appreciate a consistent review form to work from and they really like the goals section as a reminder of what their own personal goals and objectives are for what will take them to the next level as a member of our team.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Kelly,

Thank you so much for your review! I love the title of your review, "Endlessly Customizable." Flexibility is one of the highlights of Trakstar - we want the system to match the needs of our customers!

As time goes by and your needs evolve, we'll be pleased to help make any adjustments you made need.

Julie Rieken

P.S. Hello from all of us here at Trakstar.

Jonelle L.

I'm happy with TrakStar.

Reviewed on 2017/09/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

For the money, TrakStar meets my needs.

Pros

I have confidence in TrakStar and am happy with the customer support I have received. My managers have no problem accessing information and are happy with the review process.

Cons

I would like to have the abiity to write reports. I wish the org chart was more user friendly - for me it isn't really usable.

7.0/10

Higher Educational - Trakstar Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

The Customer Service experience is the best. They are very responsive by both phone and email.

Pros

The ease of use is the best feature of the software.

Cons

The goals - we had to do a work around and are using "measurements," and although this works, it makes it a little touchy when it comes to referring new users to the Trakstar support pages.

Sabrina S.

2018 Review - Consultant perspective

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Implemented Trakstar as a Consultant across 2 companies with very different use-cases - interesting experience in getting 2 work with 2 firms where I play very different roles (Firm 1: acting as Administrator and Manager - latter of which necessitates a lot of changes as I cannot be the de facto Manager; Firm 2: there will be Managers taking over the actual role, Goals and Notes will be used, etc.)

Pros

Flexibility to be rolled out for HR internal and consultants working on Human Capital initiative
Pricing model when considering getting multi-rater feedback from external sources
Mix between preset competencies and allowance to customize
Relatively user-friendly compared to other products
Flexibility in turning on/off features
My rep and the experience of the support team

Cons

a lot of hidden layers in compiling review forms
the initial set up where nobody talks to you before you upload that excel spreadsheet outlining the cohort groups - this was confusing at best and was the first touch-point with Trakstar - even if you attach a quick recording being a bit more granular on what is required there
lack of easy tracking capabilities of people completing reviews (as you get close to deadline and need to cat-herd individuals)
reporting is bit complex (that could just be me though)
would be great to get some guidance on resourcing this platform for perhaps a few different use cases

Dominique C.

Trakstar brings the stars to light!

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

We were using the canned performance review process that our payroll company provided and were extremely unhappy with it's lack of flexibility. Trakstar gave us options that did not exist with our payroll vendor. We decided to go with Trakstar even though we were paying for the service with our payroll provider.

Pros

Ease of use as an administrator. The ability to be the "user" and see what they see.

Cons

Have not yet stumbled upon anything that we do not like.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Dominique,

I love the title of your review, makes me smile! You've said so many kind things, I just want to thank you for all of them. Please continue to keep in touch and send us your ideas for improvement. Really. I like to hear.