Trakstar

Mark J.
Industry: Hospitality

Trakstar is a star!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Since installation we have drastically improved the consistency and timeliness of staff reviews. Also love the goals and objectives.

Pros

Customer service/support is great. I haven’t had many issues, but when I did support was fast and even followed up a day later to make sure things were still fine. My issues were user related. The software is solid!

Cons

The reporting is a bit limited. Might be nice to have the ability to create some customized reports.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Katie K.
Industry: Banking

Easy to use performance management system

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Overall, I think it's a great system and so much better than the one we had before. As mentioned, it's easy to use and to navigate, and the customer service team is very quick to respond to any questions. As an administrator, I love being able to log in as others in order to see what they're seeing - it makes my life easier.

Pros

The best feature about this software is its ease of use. A few of our employees aren't very technologically-minded, and they have no problem navigating the system and completing their reviews. It's simple and straightforward and offers a lot of flexibility.

Cons

We're just starting to use the Goals portion of the software, and, as a company, we're a bit on the conservative side, and we'd rather not have the employees be able to create their own measurements. It's great to have that feature, but there should also be a way to turn it off if we don't want it.

Grant R.
Industry: Retail

Bad - Horrible UI/UX that you will pay for over and over again

Reviewed on 2017/03/07

Lot of issues here that I want to point out with this software:

1) This software does not do corrective actions or Performance Improvement Plans, they try to tell you that it does in the sales presentations, but this software does not do it. They will tell you about a work around, but it is so complex and contrived that your managers will never use it, I promise.
2) We were trying to get the software to allow us to do a 6 month check-in, so essentially our managers would be able to meet with our employees halfway to their annual review and check in to see how they were coming along, not to be rated, but just a checkup to see how things were going. Sounds easy, right? Well, you'd be wrong on that too, and so was I. They launched into a super complex work around, which again was way more complex than any of my managers would ever need or be able to use.
3) Whenever I first looked at signing up to use this software, I liked the seemingly easy and simple to use interface that I had seen on demos and on videos on youtube. I thought, well, it's just about loading in positions and job data, then I should be off and running with this system. Well, their estimate for getting setup is typically at least 3 months, that should tell you something. I thought that they would just be doing a lot of hand holding, turns out that what they were really doing is making up for a poor UI and UX in their system. It is next to impossible to anticipate where to go, what to click, etc. They try to make up for it with their training, but it just seemed to frustrate me more that they wouldn't fix the clear weaknesses and complexness of their interface to suit the customer. They would rather spend an hour training you on how to do something super complex, and oh, by the way, if you mention to them that something is complex, unnecessary, or just plain not intuitive, instead of take the feedback, they actually get defensive and back up their reasoning for doing whatever they are doing in a totally illogical and contrived way. They need to take a page from Google and Apple and go back to the drawing board with their system and design something from the ground up that is EASY TO USE.
4) Scoring for employees is extremely complex and contrived, just ask them to show it to you in the sales process, you will see

I could write more, but I ran out of room, check out JuvodHR if you are looking for a better solution, that's where I went.

Pros

Not really much to like, to be quite honest

Cons

5) There is this wonderful background jobs pop-up that pops up every time that you do ANYTHING in the application, I'm serious. You have to dismiss it manually every time, it is ridiculous, unnecessary, and very annoying.
6) There is no simple way to have them tie any type of notes or issues with an employee back to a part of their job description that it is supposed to match. Which, is really the basis of why you are keeping records for corrective actions, notices, etc, to protect yourself from an employee if you have to terminate for performance based reasons/issues.
7) If you have employees who don't sit at a desk or have their own computer, this system is not for you. It does not offer you a way to accommodate those employees. Again, they will talk about a solution or work around, but again, don't be fooled, they have no solution here either.

Response from Trakstar

It's disappointing to have a customer feel this way. In our exchanges with Grant, I wish we'd been able to find more common ground. Grant, thanks for sharing your thoughts. They are important to us.

Sincerely,

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Mariam A.

Awesome Software - We absolutely love Trakstar

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

Personally, I love Trakstar considering my several involvement as the lead HR Manager responsible for PMS. It was an easy sell to the Senior Management Team because it ticked all need boxes we had identified. The customization and integration process was a breeze, the account officer took a lot of the burden off us.

Then transitioning the employees went smoothly, including the training. Our account officer worked so well with us and was willing to conduct trainings as early as 5am Eastern, considering the time difference between the US and our country offices in West Africa and Europe. She really appreciated her flexibility.

As an administrator, I can tell you how effortless it is to assist employees, resolves issues, monitor the process, review reports and all required responsibilities. As a employee and a user, my appraisal was effortless.

The reviews we have received from employees have been great, my manager is soo pleased with the system and feedback from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] "I have never enjoyed appraisals as much as I am right now with Trakstar".

Pros

The flexibility of Trakstar to mirror the organization's current performance appraisal process was what sold us. We were able to adapt the software to fit our needs and the ease of use is absolutely great.

Cons

I honestly find it difficult to identity what I like least about this software. Compared to the previous software we used for Performance Appraisal, Trakstar is absolutely wonderful. It met all our software needs; the pricing was very reasonable, and the transition was effortless. From the sales agent to the account officer, we have had an awesome experience.

Higher Educational - Trakstar Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

The Customer Service experience is the best. They are very responsive by both phone and email.

Pros

The ease of use is the best feature of the software.

Cons

The goals - we had to do a work around and are using "measurements," and although this works, it makes it a little touchy when it comes to referring new users to the Trakstar support pages.

Susan B.

TrakStar Review

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/06/11

It has helped to streamline our review process and we are fine-tuning it with each review cycle to reflect what we are really looking for in a review/performance management tool.

Pros

I find the layout of the software/site to be clean and pretty easy to maneuver around.

Cons

I find the software fairly easy to use - but I think it's more because I am one of the administrators and helped to customize it to our needs and the fact that I use it more often than other staff. We are still trying to get staff to use it more often (for notes, etc.) rather than once/twice a year when doing their reviews.

Mike W.

Trakstar makes annual appraisals as easy as 1 - 2 - 3

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/11/16

This software has enabled us to track employee progress and performance year over year. It has been very valuable to our company as it allows us to archive a history of employee appraisals and doesn't require a paper process. This is a must-have for any business serious about the employee appraisal process.

Pros

I like the ability to set goals, apply company-wide performance metrics and the ability to gather a history of appraisals over time so you can measure and track employee performance.

Cons

The workflow could be a little clearer. Sometimes its confusing how to manage each appraisal. There is a unique archiving system that seems like it should be simpler than it is.

Tim W.
Industry: Computer Software

Tell them how you are doing

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

I like being able to go back and point out certain accomplishments to my employer during my annual review

Pros

When our company started to engage this tool I thought it was silly. I have an appreciation for Trakstar now. It is a place where I can keep track of the many things that get forgotten otherwise.
I can go back and review my accomplishments from the beginning of the year and also gain a perspective of my growth in the last 12 months

Cons

the initial learning curve seemed a little steep, but it feels natural at this point

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Government Administration

Loving this software!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

It is quite easy for anyone to use. Even if you aren’t familiar with it or you are having any difficulty in using it, there are videos for guidance. Training is also very easy.

You can also customize your performance appraisal to the needs of the organization.

Cost is quite inexpensive.

Software allows employee to be a part of the process, something which had been previously lacking in organizations in conduction performance evaluations.

Cons

Customization options are somewhat limited.

Rebecca M.
Industry: Human Resources

Simple, not overly-complicated interface, encourages participation

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/08/03

Easy and fun to use, encourages MUCH more participation than any previous appraisal software I have used (which is usually associated with dread).

Pros

This software encourages you to input updates on your progress every month. This is an EXTREMELY valuable reminder because then you aren't racking your brain at the end of the year trying to remember your accomplishments. You can keep track of them year-round, and when your appraisal is due, the hard part is pretty much done. This helped a lot even for my 90-day appraisal. It breaks everything out among several competencies and it is a very user-friendly, dynamic interface that is kinda fun to use.

Cons

To be honest I cannot think of any criticism for this software.

Jill E.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Trakstar: GREAT Track Record for Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Our company was in need of a performance evaluation software that would be available online and easy enough for our professional but extremely busy (sometimes overwhelmed) staff to learn and use. We used to use the Excel sheets and we needed something that everyone could quickly "pick up" and implement. Fastrak was the most advantageous in meeting our company's needs due to the ease of adding goals, editing the staff list (in times of growth, promotions, turnover, etc.), adding measurements to assist in showing efforts and when goals (or portions of them) were met/completed, and provided reminders to those who neglected deadlines. The last item was essential to those who work in Human Resources and did not want to "badger" nor take responsibility of repeatedly reminding the busy and often traveling supervisors and employees who found it difficult to make time for this important effort.

Pros

I've had top-notch help from your reps who have answered my calls and answered my questions. Your company is also proactive in sharing information via frequent webinars. Matt Weissenborn was very helpful, articulate and professional in his presentation.
I enjoy using the Measurement tools in the online software.

Cons

I wish there was a Guide for Administrators -- just as there is one called "Employee Guide" for users. It would take significantly less time to refer to one than to call or try to figure out something myself (trial/error). I would like a means to SEE the individual's goals without having to download to export.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Jill,

Many thank for your review. Love to hear the things that have helped - like emails that helped keep things on track. Also, great to hear our support team has been top-notch.

I love your ideas - so many good ones I won't repeat them here in my response, and I will promise to add them to our feature discussion board. As a company, we review every single suggestion to see patterns and try to improve.

Thanks again!
--Julie Rieken

Lisa C.

Great performance appraisal program

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

We are a small non-profit association with about 85 active employees. We use TrakStar for our annual performance appraisal program . Our program is designed to have every employee receive a review at the same time each year, rather than each year on their annual anniversary. We also have a 90-day initial review, and a 6-month informal review.

Pros

This software is relatively uncomplicated for the regular employee, especially since they have redesigned the appearance. Training on the system does not take long and there are several helpful videos to provide assistance to staff and administrators. I find it to be pretty intuitive. In most cases there are some options for customizing your performance appraisal and the cycle.
They also have several opportunities for training of administrators through webinars (live and pre-recorded) and these are really useful.

Cons

I do wish there were more flexibility in customization and that it was easier to reach some of the relevant customer service videos; however, the customer service team (if you can reach them by phone) is very responsive and helpful.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Lisa,

Such a nice, thoughtful review. You're using a lot of Trakstar, and that's awesome. I love that the videos have been helpful and that you've joined our webinars!

We're re-designing our support site as we speak Will you let me know if you find things to be easier once we release the changes? We'd love your feedback.

Thanks again,

Jill E.
Industry: Research

THRILLED ABOUT TRAKSTAR!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/04/26

Our rep just provided us the second part of our training via webinar; we asked for "Goals & Notes" to be given last June and finally the "Scoring" given today as we wrap up the performance period.

I am VERY pleased with our rep's professionalism, and knowledge about the Trakstar program. The way he guided us through the webinar was wonderful. Many employees and managers have expressed trepidation about the upcoming sequence of events, but our rep broke it down very easily and methodically. Our rep has a very good quality about his delivery of information, his voice, and ease of going through the screens as he proceeds, making the learner feel more confident. I already received the videos he created -- within minutes after completion of the training -- so I'm able to share with the employees and managers who could not attend today's webinar. Thank you!

I wish Trakstar would create a "Quick Start Guide for Administrators" as they have for both managers and employees, and then load it on the Support Articles page, but for the meantime I am very pleased to have access to the Support pages, tutorials, videos, etc. and can email Support whenever I have need. I'm grateful about that, too.

If you allow me one more "wish list" item would be the ability to change an employee's job title easily throughout the year -- as long as it does not represent a promotion that would affect change of goals, etc. When we've had a change of management, the new manager will come in and request change of titles (not duties, etc.) of his/her direct reports. This need is likely common among certain industries and such a change would be a huge improvement. Thank you for asking for our feedback.

Thank you to our rep, for making Trakstar look easy to use to our employees!

Cons

There ought to be a Quick Guide for Administrators; too often I've searched the support pages and did not find precisely what I've wanted, so had to email and did not have direct phone access because we don't pay for that added service. We're three hours apart from each other so there've been a few times that I was not able to get answers as immediately as I would have liked (in an ideal world). LOL.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Jill,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really appreciate it. Also, we are taking your suggestion and will be building a "Quickstart Guide" for admins. Great idea!

Thanks again,
Julie

Nancy C.

An Excellent Idea with some rough edges

Reviewed on 2016/03/22

Trakstar is an excellent idea. It allows employees and managers equal time in the appraisal process, which has been lacking in employee appraisal since the beginning of time.

As a manager it is quite helpful for an employee to weigh in on their performance. Too often we have no idea how the employee sees their performance until we are having 'the talk'.

Trakstar could be a little more user friendly, it is not always intuitive in the way it works and can be cumbersome for the administrator when trying to fix mistakes that managers make.

It would be an excellent addition if the manager were not allowed to Archive for agencies that still rely on paper for the employees personnel files. we use the 'archive' button to indicate that the signed appraisal has been received in HR to signal that the process is complete.

It would also be helpful if we could set up an agency wide appraisal two level system where the employee first gets a 6 month New Employee appraisal, and when archived Trakstar would auto generate the next appraisal in the Annual mode, instead of the 'new employee' mode again.

The last thing I can think of now, is the period of time our annual appraisals encompass. Right now the auto generated Annual appraisals have a date parameter based on the employees date of hire, and that is good for some. However, we use a fixed date system based on our fiscal year, and each time a new appraisal is generated i have to go into Trakstar and 'fix' the dates to our parameters.

Thanks for this excellent product; with just a couple of tweaks, it could be FANTASTIC! (for us)

Response from Trakstar

Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We love that Trakstar allows both managers and employees the opportunity to contribute around performance.

We'll also take your suggestion on archiving to heart. Fwiw, we designed the Archiving process to allow managers the discretion about when to share the content with the employee. Some like to do it in advance of the meeting, some afterwards - and we felt they should be the ones to decide.

That said, we have heard your request. I can promise that we'll bring that forward at our next company-wide feature meeting.

Last, some of the things you mention *I think* might be possible/solvable by design in Trakstar (fixed dates, 6 month to Annual.) I hope you won't mind if I have someone reach out to you?

Thank you again, and feel free to connect with me directly if you'd like!

Julie

Allyson J.
Industry: Management Consulting

Increased efficiency - definite ROI

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Have had a wonderful experience with Trakstar; it gives the employees the access they need through out the year to work towards their goals and development. Managers are able to work more efficiently and put accountability in the hands of the employee.

Pros

The efficiency of the workflow and the way we can customize it to our needs.

Cons

I would like to see a better org chart!

Response from Trakstar

Hi Allyson,

Thanks so much for your great review. I'm amused that you liked the "Julie from Trakstar" sessions...that's me! Cool.

I love your suggestion on the org chart. I promise to add it to our feature discussion board. As a company, we review every single idea to find patterns and ways we can improve.

Keep in touch and let us know how we can help as your needs evolve, and thanks again.

Aimee F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

A bare-bones performance mgmt tool for organizations ready to upgrade but can't afford the big guns.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/09/18

See my review - it focused on competencies, so as an organization looking to be more progressive, we were ready to use it.

Pros

Focus on competencies - which many other cheap - to - affordable products don't offer.

Cons

You can't customize the appraisal process. It's either the formal appraisal (with ratings) or a 'goal setting' function. So, it won't work for orgs like mine who tend to do a mid-year 'check-in' as opposed to the full appraisal process. Customer service is slow, email only really, and not always helpful in giving you a complete solution. They also do not do 360s which is something we've begun to do at my org. Also, if you are not focusing on competencies, as an org--which I'm certain MANY are not, I'm not at all sure how you would use this tool.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Aimee,

Thank you so much for leaving this review! Our customer's feedback is so important. I do want to mention that, as an administrator, 360 reviews can be enabled in your Trakstar site and we'd be happy to walk you through what that set up looks like. In addition, we might be able to offer some insight and take your feedback on how to have a more flexible review process by utilizing Trakstar's open ended questions and flexible rating scales features.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and we hope we can help make your review process match what you're looking for!

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Danielle B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Trakstar Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2016/08/22

I've really enjoyed having Trakstar as our performance review tool. With each UI update it gets better and better. It's not overly complicated so my employees aren't confused by how to go in take notes, track goals, and score reviews. All I have to do is remind them about due dates and they're on their way!

Pros

Just the right amount of features so employees aren't overwhelmed
Email notifications/reminders
Ability to set different goals per employee with different weightings
Reports

Cons

I wish the admin portal was more user friendly. You have to figure out work arounds for certain things that can become time consuming. I also wish (for admins) you didn't have to "log in as user" every time you want to look at the progress of employee reviews. You should be able to just click an employees name and their current review with notes/comments/scores updated should appear.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Danielle,

Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate it! Your words about the UI improving really make us feel good...we've been working on that upgrade for a while and were so excited to share it.

I hear you on logging in as a user to do certain things. It's not easy to keep things confidential and provide security, and this is something we will add to our group discussion for improvement. Thanks for sharing.

Mike B.
Industry: Education Management

Trakstar is rich in substance for managing performance appraisals

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

I manage a team with some shared goals as well as individual goals. Trakstar allows me to work with my employee to track their progress throughout the year. This allows for more shared accountability among the employees and me as their manager. It has helped me to keep not only my staff on track with their goals, but it keeps me on track with my own performance goals. Trakstar is unique and a valuable tool to any company wanting to provide meaningful performance goals while seeing positive results.

Pros

I really like how you can both individualize performance goals AND cascade collective goals per employee. This makes for a very convenient system when you have group goals and individual goals for your staff.
Trakstar also gives a sense of accountability to employees to update notes on their progress towards performance goals. The monthly reminders to enter notes are wonderful!

Cons

The support videos for using Trakstar are good, but I wish their were slides and non-video aids to help through tutorials as you learn to use Trakstar.

Ana M.

Highly recommendable

Reviewed on 2016/03/22

We implemented Trakstar a little over a year ago now and as our organization has now completed the annual appraisal cycle, I am ready to review the software. What I want to say first and foremost is, I can very highly recommend Trakstar. It is a very user friendly tool that has made our performance management process much easier on all users.

The Trakstar team were excellent at advising and supporting us throughout the configuration and implementation. Nothing was impossible. They came back on all our questions in a very clear and timely manner and provided the employee and manager trainings for our team. We received many compliments from manager and employees on the quality of the training and trainer (Lauren Fish in our case).

Thanks to this tool, our performance management process is more dynamic and streamlined. It is a big relief to no longer have paper forms going around, different versions, etc. Our employees find it much easier with Trakstar and so far all I've heard is positive from accross our organization.

It makes life much easier for the HR Department too. As a Trakstar administrator you can easily see where everyone is in the process and can send automatic reminders if needed. Trakstar also produces awesome reports that have proved very valuable during calibration. You can see at a glance whether there may be any rater bias, etc, and can signal accordingly.

All in all, really fantastic tool that has met and even exceeded our expectations. We look forward to continue working with Trakstar!

Response from Trakstar

Hello Ana,

It is so nice to hear from you. Thank you for the recommendation, and for specifically mentioning Lauren Fish. We really like her, too.

As things continue to evolve and you need adjustments to timing, processes, forms, emails...anything, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Again, thank you!

Tony B.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Performance management made simple!!

Reviewed on 2018/01/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Trakstar's Performance Appraisal software that will help your organization manage feedback, goals, and reviews. You can also build customized appraisal forms, set SMART goals, and create flexible workflows to meet the needs of your organization. If you are looking for a new way to set goals and review performances, this is a great product to use.

Pros

We switched to Trakstar a while back for performance reviews and this product is extremely easy to use. It is visually appealing, has intuitive interface, and actually makes 1:1 meetings and performance reviews something to look forward to. We were unsatisfied with our old product and were looking for a program to make our reviews easier to perform, and Trakstar has made that process enjoyable.

Cons

When we first moved to Trakstar I felt that it was a bit clunky and hard to move around in Trakstar. Their new design, their customer service, and my continued usage have helped tremendously. Great product and Service!!

Suzzanne F.

Newer Trakstar User - we love it!

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

We recently implemented Trakstar and this is the first time that we're using it for our annual review cycle. Every team member went through PA training, which included learning about Trakstar. The feedback so far has been great - it's easy to use, intuitive, and will make the process so much easier than what we've done in the past (a form we created in Excel!).

As an administrator I've reached out lots of times to Trakstar's support group with questions about reports, functionality, etc. They are super responsive, great to work with, and have helped me find some work-arounds for things that we needed for our company.

This tool is a GREAT VALUE. The implementation was very easy, went quickly, and we were able to deliver an online tool that we had not originally planned to do this year.

We're looking forward to learning more and make the most out of Trakstar.

Pros

Ease of implementation, ease of use. The price is great. Our team members have picked up on it quickly.

Cons

We have some specific reporting needs that Trakstar doesn't have. It's okay, we've found workarounds.

Response from Trakstar

Suzanne,

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to work with you and Cydcor. I'm glad your people have responded well to training and that our support team has been helpful to you.

We plan to work on our reports this year so I'd love to know about your needs.

Please stay in touch and thanks again for your review!

Kind regards,

Beth T.

PMPs Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

The employees complain about performance management; but not about trakstar. I always separate the two. They like trakstar. I do a training called "Tips for Better Appraisals" and integrate the use of trakstar into it and how easy it is to ensure that you will get an excellent review if you utilize the great features availble in trakstar such as the notes and goal tracking.

Pros

Ease of use; customer service. The set-up is extremely easy; changing forms is easy.

Cons

Extra cost for the added features - succession planning

Ali G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great Performance Tool

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Great Performance product, dedicated customer service team, has helped our organization tremendously!

Pros

Customization of review forms, review types, competencies, approval routes, and dedicated customer support team who always responds within 24 hours of a general issue, and within an hour of two of high importance issues.

Cons

Wish it was an all in one solution for HR/payroll/performance so we had everything in one place

Response from Trakstar

Hi Ali,

Your review is fantastic, and we appreciate it. We're so glad to have ABC Financial with Trakstar. Please continue working with us as your needs evolve, we're happy to be there.

Yes...all-in-one...I hear you. We're going to add new things in 2017 and will continually work to improve.

Maree T.

TrakStar's Performance Rates Highly

Reviewed on 2010/08/31

Apart from the 'cons' noted above, the product is extremely well thought out, well researched, well supported and user friendly and I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

TrakStar mirrored our existing paper-based Performance Review process so was easy to 'sell' to our staff when it was first installed. The improvements over the years have made it even more user-friendly. Support is fantastic, and even though we are half-way around the world Glenn makes sure he answers my queries as promptly as he can - sometimes within an hour! Administratively, I really like the fact the system is so adaptable and easy to modify to meet the changing needs of our reviews. The reporting facility is also a bonus - I can report 'delinquents' to senior management and provide real-time information very quickly. The Promantek team listen to critiques and act on popular suggestions to make the system a better product.

Cons

There aren't many cons, I have enquired about having a page to list non-rateable items such as future aspirations, training needs, and barriers to improvement, and have been told these are on the development plan for future upgrades. Also our staff have said that the 1-5 rating system feels too restrictive, and that a 1-8 or 1-10 system may be more flexible. Personally I think 1-10 is too much, and a 1-7 rating system feels about right. I haven't enquired about this with Promantek so don't know if it can (or will) be changed or not.

Jeremy H.

We hoped for better!

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

We originally selected Trakstar because it was affordable and the demo given to us was good overall. Though this product does the basics, it is still extremely outdated and lacks a lot of intuition. The reports are all saved as PDF's or you can export excel documents. The excel docs are a major mess for the most part and will leave you with hours more work editing them. Once you get everyone's assessment, you have to load the PDF into the employee's folder so that they can see their grade. Though the rating dashboard is decent, viewing your individualized grading metrics afterwards is nowhere near as user-friendly.

The product lacks many simple features that we're just forgotten during its build. You cannot update your grading scale without going into EVERY SINGLE COMPETENCY manually and changing your grading scale (ie. going from a 5-point grading scale to a 4-point grading scale, etc.). Basically, there is no way to mass-edit a lot of things in the system. I hope you have someone on your team that has days worth of time to manage this system.

The 360-review capabilities are even more difficult. As an admin of your organization system, you can't send out 360 reviews unless you log in as that specific manager's manager. Yes, you will have to continuously click links to log in as another user in order to edit (or even view) that person's appraisal.

We've also had a lot of issues with grading schemes not working properly and various bugs popping up frequently, impacting our entire review cycle. The support team is VERY small and leads to long response times which gets crazy in the middle of your review cycle.

The new UI is pretty, but the UX still lacks a lot of intuition. Unfortunately, Trakstar is a lot of form over function at this point. They need to hire a good UI/UX guy and a senior engineer to fix some things and then I would maybe suggest using it.

Pros

Affordable, decent design (UI, not UX)

Cons

Difficult UX, can't pull many of the reports you would need, doesn't give you many meaningful insights at all, lots of bugs, slow response by support (they have a very small team), almost every process is manual and takes a LONG time to make changes in the system due to this issue

Response from Trakstar

Hi Jeremy,

I am very sorry to hear your experience. You have quite a bit of important feedback. I think it might be best if you and I were to speak over the phone. I'd love to better understand your needs and be able for us to connect personally.

I'll reach out to you now to learn more.

Thanks for your honesty, perhaps we can better understand your needs soon.

Kind regards,