Trakstar Performance Management

Performance Management and Employee Engagement Software

Katie K.
  • Industry: Banking

Easy to use performance management system

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

Overall, I think it's a great system and so much better than the one we had before. As mentioned, it's easy to use and to navigate, and the customer service team is very quick to respond to any questions. As an administrator, I love being able to log in as others in order to see what they're seeing - it makes my life easier.

Pros

The best feature about this software is its ease of use. A few of our employees aren't very technologically-minded, and they have no problem navigating the system and completing their reviews. It's simple and straightforward and offers a lot of flexibility.

Cons

We're just starting to use the Goals portion of the software, and, as a company, we're a bit on the conservative side, and we'd rather not have the employees be able to create their own measurements. It's great to have that feature, but there should also be a way to turn it off if we don't want it.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Higher Educational - Trakstar Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

The Customer Service experience is the best. They are very responsive by both phone and email.

Pros

The ease of use is the best feature of the software.

Cons

The goals - we had to do a work around and are using "measurements," and although this works, it makes it a little touchy when it comes to referring new users to the Trakstar support pages.

Jill E.

Trakstar: GREAT Track Record for Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Our company was in need of a performance evaluation software that would be available online and easy enough for our professional but extremely busy (sometimes overwhelmed) staff to learn and use. We used to use the Excel sheets and we needed something that everyone could quickly "pick up" and implement. Fastrak was the most advantageous in meeting our company's needs due to the ease of adding goals, editing the staff list (in times of growth, promotions, turnover, etc.), adding measurements to assist in showing efforts and when goals (or portions of them) were met/completed, and provided reminders to those who neglected deadlines. The last item was essential to those who work in Human Resources and did not want to "badger" nor take responsibility of repeatedly reminding the busy and often traveling supervisors and employees who found it difficult to make time for this important effort.

Pros

I've had top-notch help from your reps who have answered my calls and answered my questions. Your company is also proactive in sharing information via frequent webinars. Matt Weissenborn was very helpful, articulate and professional in his presentation.
I enjoy using the Measurement tools in the online software.

Cons

I wish there was a Guide for Administrators -- just as there is one called "Employee Guide" for users. It would take significantly less time to refer to one than to call or try to figure out something myself (trial/error). I would like a means to SEE the individual's goals without having to download to export.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Jill,

Many thank for your review. Love to hear the things that have helped - like emails that helped keep things on track. Also, great to hear our support team has been top-notch.

I love your ideas - so many good ones I won't repeat them here in my response, and I will promise to add them to our feature discussion board. As a company, we review every single suggestion to see patterns and try to improve.

Thanks again!

Beth T.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

PMPs Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

The employees complain about performance management; but not about trakstar. I always separate the two. They like trakstar. I do a training called "Tips for Better Appraisals" and integrate the use of trakstar into it and how easy it is to ensure that you will get an excellent review if you utilize the great features availble in trakstar such as the notes and goal tracking.

Pros

Ease of use; customer service. The set-up is extremely easy; changing forms is easy.

Cons

Extra cost for the added features - succession planning

Suzzanne F.

Newer Trakstar User - we love it!

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

We recently implemented Trakstar and this is the first time that we're using it for our annual review cycle. Every team member went through PA training, which included learning about Trakstar. The feedback so far has been great - it's easy to use, intuitive, and will make the process so much easier than what we've done in the past (a form we created in Excel!).

As an administrator I've reached out lots of times to Trakstar's support group with questions about reports, functionality, etc. They are super responsive, great to work with, and have helped me find some work-arounds for things that we needed for our company.

This tool is a GREAT VALUE. The implementation was very easy, went quickly, and we were able to deliver an online tool that we had not originally planned to do this year.

We're looking forward to learning more and make the most out of Trakstar.

Pros

Ease of implementation, ease of use. The price is great. Our team members have picked up on it quickly.

Cons

We have some specific reporting needs that Trakstar doesn't have. It's okay, we've found workarounds.

Response from Trakstar

Suzanne,

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to work with you and Cydcor. I'm glad your people have responded well to training and that our support team has been helpful to you.

We plan to work on our reports this year so I'd love to know about your needs.

Please stay in touch and thanks again for your review!

Brenda D.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Trakstar has greatly improved our appraisal completion rate.

Reviewed on 2015/03/06

Pros

As administrator, I can update competencies in multiple jobs simultaneously. Trakstar also has the capability to send customized emails to staff to remind them to take certain actions. The best advantage for me is I can run reports to see which appraisals are in progress, finished, etc. It makes it very easy to follow up with staff and ensure they complete appraisals on time. When we used paper appraisals we had about a 10% completion rate. Now, we are near 100%.

Cons

It isn't intuitive for all our staff. Some have embraced it and use it successfully throughout the year, but others only access it once or twice a year and have trouble navigating it.

Kelly S.

Endlessly Customizable

Reviewed on 2016/03/21

Pros

So far, this software has been endlessly customizable for how we want to use it to give our employees their semi-annual reviews. Trakstar's support team provided me, as an administrator, with a very good basis for how to use the system and they've been very responsive with all the questions I've had as we've utilized the software more and more. As we've been using it, we've changed how we originally thought we would use it for employees, and so far every single thing we've wanted to use it for it has been able to do either with changes I can make on the back end, or with changes the support team has been happy to help me do.

Our employees appreciate a consistent review form to work from and they really like the goals section as a reminder of what their own personal goals and objectives are for what will take them to the next level as a member of our team.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Kelly,

Thank you so much for your review! I love the title of your review, "Endlessly Customizable." Flexibility is one of the highlights of Trakstar - we want the system to match the needs of our customers!

As time goes by and your needs evolve, we'll be pleased to help make any adjustments you made need.

Julie Rieken

P.S. Hello from all of us here at Trakstar.

Sara D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Our Organization Loves Trakstar!

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Pros

What I like best about this software is that you don't have to set up separate processes for Goal Setting, Mid-Year, or Year-End. Your appraisal is one process that stays open all year long. You can continuously make notes and track progress. I also love the ability to customize the software however you like as well.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like about Trakstar.

Bill W.

Easy to make changes to formats

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Pros

Generally easy to use and the support is wonderful. I like using this software and the update email notifications are helpful.

Cons

Some things need support help to change and a few better reports needed. Additional customizable reports would be helpful

Mike M.
  • Industry: Utilities

Looking for an easy way to "Trak" goals and performance - Trakstar is your tool!

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

With the company size @ about 250 employees, Trakstar is a great tool to help in the performance management process. The versatility allows for the set up of multiple processes and variations in the various job roles in our organization.

Pros

It's quick clicks and video help library

Cons

Would like to have more interface with HRIS system

Response from Trakstar

H Mike,

Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad Trakstar has helped with your Performance management process, and that the video help library has been useful to you.

If you find we can help in any way with additional support or training, please let us know. It's all included.

Melissa P.
  • Industry: Banking

Trakstar is the BEST!

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

I have been utilizing Trakstar for the past 5 years and as an organization we have grown that this tool just seems to get better & better. I can't imagine having to do paper performance appraisals ever again. I love the notes taking feature (which we use year round) and the flexibility to design your own form, rating scale and approval paths.

Pros

Easy to use (administratively and as a user).

Cons

Reporting could be a bit better, but it meets the needs.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for the great review and for noticing all of the improvements we've been working on at Trakstar. Just so you know, we are working on some new reports in 2017, too!

Again, thank you.

Kathy A.

Minor Annoyances, but Good Software

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Very user friendly. Occasionally things get annoying, like the pop-up video every time you login lately, that says "Welcome to Trakstar's New Look", but it's a minor complaint.

Pros

Anything I want to do, I can usually do.

Cons

Ad hoc reviews- it automatically sets the dates for a 3-day review period and I have to fix it every time.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Kathy,

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate it!

Yeah, that pop-up video. We can disable that for you!

Emails are annoying, but you are right, they help keep things on track.

Thanks again for the review!
--Julie Rieken

Ariel T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Keeps me organized

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Trakstar helps me stay organized with all of my 200+ reviews that are due throughout the year. It is very user-friendly for all skill levels.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Ariel,

Yes, with 200+ reviews, I'm so glad you have a tool like Trakstar. Thanks for your great review and for being our customer.

As your needs evolve, keep in touch so we can be helpful!

Sharon R.

From training to the day-to-day usage it has been a supremely an AWESOME tool!!

Reviewed on 2015/09/29

Wow! Not sure where to begin.....From training all the way to day-to-day usage, our experience has been smooth & seamless. Our trainer, Kalley Anderson was awesome! She was very knowledgeable of the product, she delivered the information in a simplistic manner, and equipped my manager and I with all we needed to use this product with finesse on a daily basis. In the few instances where I've needed to contact your support team, their response time was an issue and even then a quick email to Kalley gave me the urgent answer I needed quicker than your support team could provide it. Overall, I love this product and your staff has been amazing!!! Note.....customer service rating above should have been 4 stars due to delayed wait times from your support team/help desk but I scored you 5-stars because Kalley stood in the gap for your support team and made it happen!!!

Response from Trakstar

Sharon,

Thanks so much for the review. I'm very glad Kalley was able to help you, and that your experience overall has been a good one. We'll keep an eye on wait times which are typically low, but some days can be busy!

Again, thanks for the feedback and if there is anything we can do to help again, let us know.

Julie Rieken, CEO, Trakstar

William Z.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Great system

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

We have found that Trakstar provides an easy to use, comprehensive and intuitive performance management software system.

Pros

Easy to use, especially editing capability.

Cons

Organization chart producing capability

Response from Trakstar

Hi William,

I'm so glad Trakstar is working for HACEP. We love having you as a customer. I also love the words, "easy to use." Great!

Yes, org chart has limitations, especially for large companies. Space constraints. Sorry about that!

Thanks again for your review,

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Trakstar

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

It makes it easy to document our performance and for the managers to update information. It flows easily between multiple offices.

Pros

It is simple and easy to use. Just by following the boxes or typing in information it will easily flow to the next area.

Cons

The software itself is fine, it is probably just the questions we have programmed to use. Some of the questions I feel could easily be made into just a check box instead of needing an explanation.

Stephanie U.

Great Evaluation Tool

Reviewed on 2016/08/24

We were looking for a product that gave us flexibility in the questions we asked and an easy way to score them. We also wanted to have anonymous feedback from other employees. The Trakstar product provides a solution for all our needs.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility

Cons

None

Response from Trakstar

Hi Stephanie,

Wow. What a nice review. We appreciate it. I'm so glad Trakstar helped you with questions, easy scoring, and feedback. It's great to hear.

I'm also glad the segmented training worked for your group. We try to deliver based on individual customer needs, and it seemed that that came through.

Remember that our support is unlimited and if you need more trainings or help, we'll deliver. And, and your needs evolve, we can assist.

Maria H.

TrakStar Customer Support

Reviewed on 2016/03/21

I recently sent a file containing data for 76 new employees who we added to our staff as a result of a merger. This file was uploaded in a very timely manner, and the TrakStar system was available to the new users the next day.

TrakStar is easy to implement and very user friendly. As the corporate trainer, all I have to do is send new employees an email with instructions that include a "cheat sheet" for logging on and entering and appraisal, and our scoring guide. We have been using it for almost two years and the transition from handwritten appraisal forms has been very smooth. Whenever I need support, the TrakStar support team is readily available, and always responds quickly.

I recommend TrakStar for anyone who is looking for a fast and easy way to transition from a manual appraisal process to an online process.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Maria,

Thank you so much for your review of Trakstar! We genuinely appreciate it and we are glad that going online has been easy for your group.

Please let us know if there is anything else we may do to assist - trainings for new people, form redesign, you name it.

Brenda D.

Trakstar had really helped our appraisal process

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Moving our annual appraisals to Trakstar has brought us to nearly 100% compliance. Prior to Trakstar we had paper appraisals that rarely got completed and were nearly impossible to track. This is incredibly valuable to our employees.

Pros

Has helped us evaluate staff on their competencies. It has built in email reminders that are incredibly useful. Overall has a good flow that people can easily follow.

Cons

Not always intuitive for the end user. I've also accidently deleted an appraisal and there is no way to "undo" or retrieve it.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Brenda,

To near 100% compliance? I'd high-five you if we were in the same room - that's amazing.

Keep us in mind as your needs evolve, all support and trainings are included and we love to help.

Jack B.

Trakstar is the exclusive performance appraisal tool for all 500 City of Winter Park employees.

Reviewed on 2015/06/03

Trakstar has allowed us to automate our annual performance appraisal process which was previously manually executed. It provides us with enormous flexibility to continually custom-design our metrics to match the culture and dynamics of our diverse workforce.
Trakstar has proven itself to be user friendly software for our Employees as well as for the "Trakstar Managers" who are responsible for creating appraisals of their employees. The home page dashboard is intuitively designed and navigation throughout the functions is self-explanatory.
Trakstar has improved our on-time delivery of performance reviews which has resulted in a positive impact to on-time merit pay increases. That has been a notable employee satisfier.
As our employees master our current appraisal format we look forward to enhancing the appraisal experience by adding additional features such as the Multi-Rater function. We know ongoing enhancements and adjustments will occur seamlessly based on the prompt and responsive customer service we have become accustomed to from the Trakstar Support team and in particular, from Renee Kunce.

Tina E.

Overall good software - makes for a better evaluation experience.

Reviewed on 2016/02/04

Pros - EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Frequent training opportunities.
Ability to gather and retain all employee feedback in one convenient location.
Process for addressing change in managers and/or positions easy to do.
Well defined objectives help standardize supervisory ratings,
Customizable to fit department/position needs
Electronic routing between employee, supervisor and manager
Spellcheck (Yes, yes, yes!)

Cons - Database of competencies not as extensive as it first appears,
as a result initial setup can be time consuming.
System contains some quirks that are random and at times hard to understand

Response from Trakstar

Hi Tina,

Thanks for your good feedback. Glad your experiences with our team have been great! We're here to help however we can. On the competencies, if there is anything we can do to supplement or assist, I'm happy to help and see what's possible.

Jennifer N.

Customer Support Call

Reviewed on 2016/02/10

The most telling piece of evidence I can offer about Trakstar's performance and user-friendliness is the lack of questions and problems that our supervisors and managers experience. I can easily train a new manager to use the system, and those that have used it before rarely have a question or concern. When we began our relationship with Trakstar, Julie Reiken was an integral part of our conversion process. I've had very few questions for the customer support team over the past few years because of the ease of use of Trakstar, but Julie has always made herself available and has been able to assist me with anything that comes up. She is a joy to work with, and we could not be happier with Trakstar!

Response from Trakstar

Hi Jennifer,

Just a note to thank you for your kind words. Might be a little odd that I'm the one who responds to these reviews, but I can say it's been our pleasure to work with you, too. If we can continue to help in any way, please reach out so we can return the kindness.

Thanks again!
--Julie

Tara D.

Trakstar...to the Rescue!

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

I love the capability to add both public and private notes to accounts along with document uploads. Rather than wait until the end of the review period to think back over an entire year, our employees can add information all year long. This makes year-end review meetings run smoothly and efficiently taking less time due to all of the preparation.

Pros

Ease of use!

Cons

Ability to feed information into our HRIS

Response from Trakstar

Hi Tara,

Thank you so much for your review. I remember when Victory became a Trakstar customer and we're so glad to have you. I love that reviews are running smoothly. Yes..adding info to your HRIS...I wish this was easier AND I hear you. Technically challenging, but I'll add this to our feature discussion board.

Thanks again for the review!
--Julie Rieken

Tricia L.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent Training

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

All the people I have dealt with at Trakstar have been exceptional. Right from training, to ongoing questions to understanding financial restraints due to downturn in our industry.

Pros

I like the ability to drill down in an org chart. Really captures the distribution of the work force.

Cons

I wish that I could do everything right from my own administrator area. Rather than have to log in as a user to complete some steps (ie: remove the requirement of employees needing to do their own evaluation).

Response from Trakstar

Hi Tricia,

Great review, and excellent recommendations for improvement. I agree with you! We're continually improving Trakstar and I promise to add your thoughts to our discussion board. Again, thank you!

Brianna M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

I am currently the admin for my company, and Trickstar is pretty simple to navigate and design company surveys for departments or individually for a team member.

Pros

Like that you can customize the survey for each department.

Response from Trakstar

Hi Brianna,

Thank you so much for the review. I love that you've found Trakstar pretty simple to navigate. As you need us, please call our support to help with anything you might encounter. Our support team is our finest asset.