Trakstar Perform Reviews

Performance Management and Employee Engagement Software

Tony
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Performance management made simple!!

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

Trakstar's Performance Appraisal software that will help your organization manage feedback, goals, and reviews. You can also build customized appraisal forms, set SMART goals, and create flexible workflows to meet the needs of your organization. If you are looking for a new way to set goals and review performances, this is a great product to use.

Pros

We switched to Trakstar a while back for performance reviews and this product is extremely easy to use. It is visually appealing, has intuitive interface, and actually makes 1:1 meetings and performance reviews something to look forward to. We were unsatisfied with our old product and were looking for a program to make our reviews easier to perform, and Trakstar has made that process enjoyable.

Cons

When we first moved to Trakstar I felt that it was a bit clunky and hard to move around in Trakstar. Their new design, their customer service, and my continued usage have helped tremendously. Great product and Service!!

Ali
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great Performance Tool

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Great Performance product, dedicated customer service team, has helped our organization tremendously...

Great Performance product, dedicated customer service team, has helped our organization tremendously!

Pros

Customization of review forms, review types, competencies, approval routes, and dedicated customer support team who always responds within 24 hours of a general issue, and within an hour of two of high importance issues.

Cons

Wish it was an all in one solution for HR/payroll/performance so we had everything in one place

Response from Mitratech

Hi Ali,

Your review is fantastic, and we appreciate it. We're so glad to have ABC Financial with Trakstar. Please continue working with us as your needs evolve, we're happy to be there.

Yes...all-in-one...I hear you. We're going to add new things in 2017 and will continually work to improve.

Kate
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Trakstar review

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

We haven't had the best experience. Customer service isn't really easily accessible, everything is learn--on-your-own and when the system was updated, we lost a lot of dated information about the usage of our system, which was critical. We are still under-utilizing it and it's extremely hard to navigate.

Pros

All in one place.

Cons

No personal customer service - always on the phone and remotely located. Also seems to offer features we don't know how to use, often has errors (dates are wrong) and it's not easy to make changes.

Response from Mitratech

Hi Kate,

I'm so sorry you haven't had the best experience. I'd love to hear more about what we can do to improve and get your honest, direct feedback. I'll be reaching out.

Thanks,

Grigor

Trakstar - a solution that delivers results!

Reviewed on 2015/09/15

We were initially using Trakstar in one part of our business and then as we merged, we made the decision to expand its use across the entire organisation (approx. 1280 people) 12 months on, our leaders and team members now confirm they find the software easy to use and that Trakstar provides them a flexible tool, to support their regular development conversations. The flexibility within the system is great and people are able to tailor KPI's and measurements dependent on their roles and employment. Managers can monitor and track individual reports with ease and staff are telling us they are having more regular coaching and feedback sessions.

Because we felt confident in the system, we made the decision to further extend our use of Trakstar and integrate our Competency Framework (via Job Families) into every persons appraisal. This has worked exceptionally well and we now have a reliable system that is flexible to our needs, easy to use and that aligns behaviors from Executive level through to team member level.

Our end result is our people are using Trakstar to set realistic measurements and hold regular feedback conversations in support of personal development and business performance.
The 'icing on the cake' has been the support from Trakstar staff. When we merged organisations we were naturally cautious as we discussed our needs. We need not have worried and the level of customer service can only be described as 'outstanding'.

We would have no problems at all in recommending Trakstar as solution that delivers results - at all levels. Well done Trakstar and the team - you have delivered as promised!

Kirstie

TRAKSTAR IS AWESOME!!

Reviewed on 2016/03/17

Trakstar is so user friendly and meets all of the needs of our employees and managers in our jurisdictions across the globe.
The service team are so knowledgeable and so responsive, no matter what they are asked and the support page is full of great information!
The webinars on offer also provide valuable training on how to make our administrator tasks easier! Love that!!!
Recommendations for consideration in any future changes:
1) I would ask that the "carry forward goals, measurements etc" when a manager is archiving, be defaulted to yes, rather than having to choose every time.
2) Have a link to access the support page after you sign in to the system so that you don't have to open a new page or log out.
3) Increase the size of the Appraisal's window for admins.....we have so many employees that the scroll bar doesn't go down far enough and we can't see all of the employees...we have to print the list in order to see the entire list.

Response from Mitratech

Hi Kirstie,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I'm glad Trakstar works for your organization in lots of places worldwide. I also love your suggestions. Here's what I can promise. We track and bring forward every customer suggestion as we build features and determine direction. We do this bi-annually at a Trakstar meeting we call "Festivus." (Seinfeld fan?) At this meeting, we bring forward all ideas and vet them based on demand and need. While we can't promise to act on every idea from all customers, I *can* promise your ideas will be heard by the group. And, fwiw, all of your suggestions are great ones!!

Thanks again, Kirstie.

Cheers,

Susan
  • Used for 2+ years

TrakStar Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

It has helped to streamline our review process and we are fine-tuning it with each review cycle to reflect what we are really looking for in a review/performance management tool.

Pros

I find the layout of the software/site to be clean and pretty easy to maneuver around.

Cons

I find the software fairly easy to use - but I think it's more because I am one of the administrators and helped to customize it to our needs and the fact that I use it more often than other staff. We are still trying to get staff to use it more often (for notes, etc.) rather than once/twice a year when doing their reviews.

Sara
  • Industry: Insurance

Our Organization Loves Trakstar!

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Pros

What I like best about this software is that you don't have to set up separate processes for Goal Setting, Mid-Year, or Year-End. Your appraisal is one process that stays open all year long. You can continuously make notes and track progress. I also love the ability to customize the software however you like as well.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like about Trakstar.

Nicholas
Nicholas
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Timely Feedback for Employees

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

This software has made it possible for employees to take charge in viewing group goals and objectives, without having to go wait for their employer to reiterate these to them. I feel like it has made the workplace more efficient. Goal driven people are effective people.

Pros

I like that there is an option for peer-to-peer communication, as this could be a platform for constructive criticism. I also prefer this software because I am able to receive timely feedback from my employer, as well as see a list of employee goals so I'm always reminded what I'm working towards.

Cons

I wish that there was a means to do a mid-year review instead of just the set-up for a yearly review. I feel that mid-year or even quarterly reviews help to keep employees on track.

Amy
Amy

Great product

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Trakstar has great functionality and even better customer support. We use it for our biannual review process and our employees rarely have any issues.

Pros

Easy to use and customizable

Cons

Some limitations but overall not too bad

Response from Mitratech

Hi Amy,

I have to agree...great functionality and even better customer support. We really try to hire the friendliest, smartest people we can find, and I am so proud of them.

Thanks for your review!
--Julie Rieken

• Industry: Utilities

Good for small companies (less than 200 using simple appraisals)

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

Worked really well for a small organization hundred to 200 employees to accomplish the need to performance management processes

Cons

Like the ability to have multiple processes running at the same time like new hire reviews and semi annual performance reviews to be conducted concurrently

Jill

Trakstar: GREAT Track Record for Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Our company was in need of a performance evaluation software that would be available online and easy enough for our professional but extremely busy (sometimes overwhelmed) staff to learn and use. We used to use the Excel sheets and we needed something that everyone could quickly "pick up" and implement. Fastrak was the most advantageous in meeting our company's needs due to the ease of adding goals, editing the staff list (in times of growth, promotions, turnover, etc.), adding measurements to assist in showing efforts and when goals (or portions of them) were met/completed, and provided reminders to those who neglected deadlines. The last item was essential to those who work in Human Resources and did not want to "badger" nor take responsibility of repeatedly reminding the busy and often traveling supervisors and employees who found it difficult to make time for this important effort.

Pros

I've had top-notch help from your reps who have answered my calls and answered my questions. Your company is also proactive in sharing information via frequent webinars. Matt Weissenborn was very helpful, articulate and professional in his presentation.
I enjoy using the Measurement tools in the online software.

Cons

I wish there was a Guide for Administrators -- just as there is one called "Employee Guide" for users. It would take significantly less time to refer to one than to call or try to figure out something myself (trial/error). I would like a means to SEE the individual's goals without having to download to export.

Response from Mitratech

Hi Jill,

Many thank for your review. Love to hear the things that have helped - like emails that helped keep things on track. Also, great to hear our support team has been top-notch.

I love your ideas - so many good ones I won't repeat them here in my response, and I will promise to add them to our feature discussion board. As a company, we review every single suggestion to see patterns and try to improve.

Thanks again!
--Julie Rieken

Ana

Highly recommendable

Reviewed on 2016/03/22

We implemented Trakstar a little over a year ago now and as our organization has now completed the annual appraisal cycle, I am ready to review the software. What I want to say first and foremost is, I can very highly recommend Trakstar. It is a very user friendly tool that has made our performance management process much easier on all users.

The Trakstar team were excellent at advising and supporting us throughout the configuration and implementation. Nothing was impossible. They came back on all our questions in a very clear and timely manner and provided the employee and manager trainings for our team. We received many compliments from manager and employees on the quality of the training and trainer (Lauren Fish in our case).

Thanks to this tool, our performance management process is more dynamic and streamlined. It is a big relief to no longer have paper forms going around, different versions, etc. Our employees find it much easier with Trakstar and so far all I've heard is positive from accross our organization.

It makes life much easier for the HR Department too. As a Trakstar administrator you can easily see where everyone is in the process and can send automatic reminders if needed. Trakstar also produces awesome reports that have proved very valuable during calibration. You can see at a glance whether there may be any rater bias, etc, and can signal accordingly.

All in all, really fantastic tool that has met and even exceeded our expectations. We look forward to continue working with Trakstar!

Response from Mitratech

Hello Ana,

It is so nice to hear from you. Thank you for the recommendation, and for specifically mentioning Lauren Fish. We really like her, too.

As things continue to evolve and you need adjustments to timing, processes, forms, emails...anything, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Again, thank you!

Jonelle
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

I'm happy with TrakStar.

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

For the money, TrakStar meets my needs.

For the money, TrakStar meets my needs.

Pros

I have confidence in TrakStar and am happy with the customer support I have received. My managers have no problem accessing information and are happy with the review process.

Cons

I would like to have the abiity to write reports. I wish the org chart was more user friendly - for me it isn't really usable.

Corrie

RTC Review

Reviewed on 2012/02/01

Overall I think this is a great product, and I have really enjoyed working with it and using it. We are in the process of looking into the Export/Sync feature and purchasing that to link into our HRIS system and cut down some of the manual entry into TrakStar. We have gotten lots of positive feedback from our management/supervisory team and overall as an agency, we have been very happy with the product.

Pros

TrakStar has had huge success within our agency. We are a government agency and have special guidelines due to our union contract on how we process evaluations. But even with those rules and requirements TrakStar was extremely easy to implement and use for our staff.

Cons

Would love to see Plans and Evals scheduled at the same time. Our supervisors are required to submit goals in the plan and the evaluation as one document, not as two separate process. Currently using the draft plan feature to work around this, but would be nice to have it scheduled for them in their task list. Would also like to see rating scores that do not round. Our evaluations are done on a 3, 4, or 5 rating scale, with no decimal places. We have again worked around the decimal places by hand writing in the appropriate score on the printed copy of the eval, but this is a very inefficient process for us.

Brenda
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Trakstar has greatly improved our appraisal completion rate.

Reviewed on 2015/03/06

Pros

As administrator, I can update competencies in multiple jobs simultaneously. Trakstar also has the capability to send customized emails to staff to remind them to take certain actions. The best advantage for me is I can run reports to see which appraisals are in progress, finished, etc. It makes it very easy to follow up with staff and ensure they complete appraisals on time. When we used paper appraisals we had about a 10% completion rate. Now, we are near 100%.

Cons

It isn't intuitive for all our staff. Some have embraced it and use it successfully throughout the year, but others only access it once or twice a year and have trouble navigating it.

Julie

From implementation to follow up customer support, the customer service experience has been...

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Pros

The ease of making custom changes once you know how to navigate the platform. You can even create ad hoc appraisals as needed.

Cons

That there is no group setting for multi-raters where we can invite all members or certain teams to be multi-raters. Instead you have to add multi-raters from a drop down one by one which can be tedious.

Aaron

Trakstar's performance appraisal software has been a very positive addition to Jackson Energy...

Reviewed on 2016/02/09

Some of the pros include more efficiency in the overall assessment process, greater control and oversight from HR, enhanced reporting features, ease of use, and electronic storage of historical data.
A con would be the need for enhancements to some of the administrator's functions. It would be a great enhancement for the administrator to be able to select an employee's name from the Appraisal icon and then see the appraisal currently being scored. Also, when running a rater bias report you can see the scores for all direct reports to a supervisor, but when you select 'View Appraisal' it only provides a blank copy of the appraisal without notes or scores. Another con is when an approver declines an assessment the programs requests a note and then the note is then placed in the 'Send for Approval' section. The note would be more easily found if it was viewable when entering the Workshop screen.
Overall, we have been very pleased with the Trakstar program, but additional enhancements are always welcomed.

Response from Mitratech

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your review of Trakstar and your great suggestions. It's wonderful to know the things our customer find useful. We have a quarterly gathering where all employees can suggest features. We promise to bring your ideas to the table for future improvements.

Thanks again,
Julie

Sara
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Great customer service through live demo to implementation and going live in Trakstar. Deadlines given were met and when a last minute change after going live was needed, customer service was able to get the mass edit uploaded before the time we were originally told so we were able to get back on track quicker than expected. That was greatly appreciated!

Pros

Easy to use, great format that is familiar to most everyone due to social media, employee folder having the ability to contain a multitude of uploaded files including past reviews prior to the electronic system.

Cons

Employee acknowledgement of appraisal does not actually show an electronic signature on the printed appraisal so unless the employee manually signs the appraisal it is difficult to show an employee acknowledged their appraisal for HR documentation purposes.

Response from Mitratech

Hi Sara,

I love the title of your review, "Great Customer Service." Thank you. It's a point of pride for us to hire high EQ, high empathy people who can connect and understand the needs of others. I'm glad that has been your experience.

Good feedback on the employee acknowledgement. I promise to add your thoughts to our feature discussion board. We consider every single thing we hear from customers and use the feedback to find patterns for improvement.

Keep in touch and let us know how we help.

Michelle

Trakstar is a Rockstar

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

The staff at Trakstar are always helpful with any problems or issues. They offer great tutorials and webinars and are prompt in responding to any questions.

Response from Mitratech

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for a great review. I'm so glad you specifically called out the tutorials and webinars, and our staff. We are glad those resources have been helpful to you!

Patricia

Annual Evaluation

Reviewed on 2016/03/23

Pros: The Trakstar system is an excellent user-friendly, cost-conscious, evaluation system. The software is extremely easy to navigate, both from an administrator and user perspective. The support training videos and learning bytes are excellent resources for administrators and users.

Cons: Export of organizational charts, all or nothing contributor option, retention of historical approval/rejection comments, and the lack of an option to capture all goals entered by all Supervisors and Employees for the current evaluation period

Response from Mitratech

Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate hearing both the pros and cons of our software. We think the short videos are really helpful for users, too, and the web usage stats suggest people like them.

On the cons: you're totally right about printing the org chart. It's a hard technical problem to solve with large organizations - big org charts, fonts too small and a printable page.

As for the other things you've mentioned, I like your suggestions and can promise we'll bring them forward to the next feature request meeting we hold company wide.

Thank you for your feedback and your review, and for being a Trakstar customer.

Bob
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Extremely valuable, flexible tool for measuring and evaluating employee goals.

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Measuring performance evenly and concretely for all our employees.

Measuring performance evenly and concretely for all our employees.

Pros

Customer service! Their CS representatives always resolve any issues that we experience and take the time to provide instruction on how to utilize Trakstar better. Trakstar offers flexibility. When employee changes occur, you can easily make the changes and begin the appraisal process of new hire at any point during the year.

Cons

It is practical but getting the set up started was the most difficult part. However, Trakstar was there to assist in the setup all the way.

Maria

TrakStar Customer Support

Reviewed on 2016/03/21

I recently sent a file containing data for 76 new employees who we added to our staff as a result of a merger. This file was uploaded in a very timely manner, and the TrakStar system was available to the new users the next day.

TrakStar is easy to implement and very user friendly. As the corporate trainer, all I have to do is send new employees an email with instructions that include a "cheat sheet" for logging on and entering and appraisal, and our scoring guide. We have been using it for almost two years and the transition from handwritten appraisal forms has been very smooth. Whenever I need support, the TrakStar support team is readily available, and always responds quickly.

I recommend TrakStar for anyone who is looking for a fast and easy way to transition from a manual appraisal process to an online process.

Response from Mitratech

Hi Maria,

Thank you so much for your review of Trakstar! We genuinely appreciate it and we are glad that going online has been easy for your group.

Please let us know if there is anything else we may do to assist - trainings for new people, form redesign, you name it.

Thanks again,

Jason

Outstanding Product and Service!

Reviewed on 2012/01/29

I highly recommend use of TrakStar to evaluate employee performance. TrakStar has transformed the way OASHF assists with and meets the needs of its employees!

Pros

TrakStar will provide everything you are looking for in an employee performance appraisal system. The web platform provides the ability to customize position descriptions, create customized factors for positions and even includes a multi-rater function. TrakStar took our employee performance plans from paper format to a total electronic system that includes feedback from the employee, manager, and anyone else that is needed to appraise the employee. One function enables you to send rating requests to external customers, another enables you compare employee performance, and another enables the manager to provide coaching tips to the employee for them to be able to improve upon certain factors or goals!

Cons

None! I have experienced no issues in working with TrakStar!

Ali
  • Industry: Management Consulting

You Get What You Pay For

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Since my introduction as both an Administrator and a User, Trakstar is too cumbersome and too restrictive. Having to identify dates, archive, and tie to the competencies that are already that are too cumbersome. We have made it work, but I will change products as soon as we choose to afford it.

Pros

Fairly easy once you know what you're doing.

Cons

Not much. It is easy to self score.

Response from Mitratech

Hi Ali,

I'm so sorry to hear you feel things have been complicated. I wish we could offer some help. I hope you won't mind if I ask our support team to reach out to you. If we can keep you as a customer, we'd love to do so.

Thanks so much,

Kristy

Thrilled with TrakStar!

Reviewed on 2010/09/02

I would highly recommend TrakStar for any company's online appraisal system.

I would highly recommend TrakStar for any company's online appraisal system.

Pros

We have approximately 350 employees and started using TrakStar in the 4th quarter of 2008. We wanted to have the system up and running in approximately 3 weeks. The team did everything we asked and we successfully launched TrakStar within that time frame. I have found everyone to be extremely helpful and attentive to our needs. The system is very user friendly and we have had very positive feedback from our users, both employee and manager, in navigating the system. My biggest compliment to TrakStar is how customizable it is to our business. Everything we could hope for in an online appraisal system, we have found in TrakStar.

Cons

TrakStar is very user friendly for employees and managers, however, as the HR "power user" it can be a little tricky. But the TrakStar team is always available to help and get things resolved quickly.