SkillSurvey

Recruitment and talent acquisition cloud-based software

Nicholas H.

SkillSurvey Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

I love this tool and use it for every hire

Pros

The ease of use and detailed feedback. The tool saves me SO MUCH time and the feedback I receive is very detailed.

Cons

The ratings can sometimes be confusing to a new user.

Millie W.

A great time-saver and a nice interface for our company to look tech-saavy.

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Teachers, social workers, bus drivers.

Pros

Ease of use to both the applicant, reference provider, and the employer's report configuration.

Cons

Not sure that it has great predictive ability in identifying who will be the best employee, but it certainly does beat calling people on the phone and trying to chase down a reference.

Mark O.

Outstanding product!

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Excellent benefits have been realized in our firm since implementation - this is the third organization that has utilized SkillSurvey that I have worked at and I am a huge fan!

Pros

The ease of use and the amount of feedback collected is what I like the most about this software.

Cons

There is nothing that I would change at this time about this software.

Margo S.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Museum of Science Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

I highly recommend SkillSurvey to anyone I meet. It makes the reference checking process painless and provides honest feedback in a very easy to read/understand format.

Pros

It is very user friendly for both administrators and references. The turn around time is so quick and the reports are easy to ready and decipher.

Cons

We have very unique positions and sometimes we aren't able to find a survey that covers everything we're looking for. But this is rare.

Madison T.

SkillSurvey Reference

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

We mainly use SkillSurvey to receive reference reports for candidates, but we also use SkillSurvey Source for our recruiting needs.

Pros

This tool is allows my organization to receive candid and thoughtful reviews of a candidate while also maintaining the privacy of the reference. The reporting gives valuable insight into a candidate and we have made many of our selections based on the candidate's SkillSurvey reference report.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything. I am a very satisfied customer.

Mildred G.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Skill Survey

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Pros

It is so easy and freed up so much time for the hiring managers.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to find the appropriate survey for the position we are filling.

Alan K.

Inquirehire Review of Skill Survey

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

We re-sell the product to our background screening clients, and it provides an effective "glue" for our business.

Pros

The breadth of questionnaires available.

Cons

I would like more flexibility when the applicant has trouble providing references that will respond.

Hannah W.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Free trial; quite a few restrictions but cool results.

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

More confidence in hiring decisions

Pros

I like that you can learn information about potential hires that you otherwise wouldn't be able to. I liked that emails were sent from SkillSurvey so I didn't have to bug these contacts over and over; they'd automatically send. I like the different questions it asks employers in order to find out about potential hires. The free trial was long and did not require credit card information, which we appreciated.

Cons

I didn't like that you can't review the results unless you have a certain number of references respond. That was frustrating to me (maybe that's just a trial functionality?). Additionally, with the free trial you can't use the full range of surveys, just a general one. But that worked pretty well for us, still.

Sonja S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

SkillsSurvey Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Very good. Makes my day and the entire process of hiring easier.

Pros

Ease of use. I'm not sure it can get easier.

Cons

Job type templates are too limited. I can't get at what I really need to know; too many question that are irrelevant. This should be customizable.

Brenna K.

Time and Money Saving Software

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Pros

This software saves us a lot of time and hassle. I love that the candidate has control over when the references get back to us, instead of me having to continue to call and email references all week. I have seen a huge drop in our response time ever since we started using SkillSurvey.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. Sometimes I can get frustrated with the fact that we can't generate a report with less than two responses but I understand why.

Sterling B.

Priceless Candidate Reference Tool

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

Huge believer - we've hired several key people, and SkillSurvey Reference has facilitated that.

Pros

Very high percentage of responses, the speed at which the responses come, and the honest, relevant information

Cons

Sometimes the system-generated messages are intercepted by spam filters

Esperanza S.

Skill Survey

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Pros

I like the ease and convenience of an electronic "reference". Also, I like that the questions are focused around the type of position and that there is an area to free write.

Cons

I wish there were more position templates.

Mackenzie D.
  • Industry: Automotive

SkillSurvey for Recruiters

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Overall I am very happy with the service provided.

Pros

I like that it can go to their phones or emails, it helps to provide a user friendly experience.

Cons

For some references it is too long to fill out .

Jay D.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Great Software!

Great!!

Pros

Easy to use, saves time tracking down references and nice reporting

Cons

Some difficulty for international hiring with Translations

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Is it the program or the user?

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

I took a survey on behalf of a candidate for a position. Responses were a 7-step never / always scale. Any candidate will offer favorable referrences, so what is the point of asking me if my former coworker is "Always" responsible? The person I was describing is a wonderful and highly competent person, an asset to any organization, but I don't feel the survey I took would give any hiring manager an accurate view of her skills.

Pros

Very easy for the survey-taker to respond.

Cons

Would not give an accurate or useful view of the candidate being considered.

Kelsey S.

Awesome Reference System

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

What I like most about this software is the way the reference report shows the data collected by the references. I like the graphs and the anonymity of the data.

Cons

No complaints here- I'm very happy with the functionality of this product and the ease of setting up candidates and finalizing data.

References with ease

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Skill Survey staff are wonderful and have conducted numerous trainings for our human resources department

Pros

I have been using Skill Survey for almost 3 years. Skill Survey makes it easy for high volume recruiters to conduct reference checks. It is very simple to use. To create a candidate you input their name, email, phone , position and then select the best survey to send off the position title. Skill Survey takes care of the rest. They will send the candidate notification via email or text. Once the candidate inputs the contact information for their references, Skill Survey will send them a link to complete. As a recruiter you'll be notified in real time when the references are ready to review. There are many reports you can pull including a hiring manager report ton send them that protects the confidential contact information. The hiring manager reports give them sample behavior interviewing questions as well. Lastly, Skill Survey also as a CRM program to contact references who were interested in job opportunities. Overall an amazing product

Cons

I really so not have any cons. I love using Skill Survey

Ryan W.
  • Industry: Machinery

Easy to Use Tool

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Having a small HR staff the time we're able to dedicate to reference checking was limited. This product allows us to receive better feedback more quickly. It hasn't completely replaced making an old fashioned phone call but it has cut down on the need to do so every time.

Pros

Given that the references individual responses are not linked back to them personally I've found that I usually receive more candid responses. As silly as it sounds, I've avoided potentially bad hires based on feedback from candidate's hand picked references through this system. As a small HR department it's difficult to invest a ton of time calling references, waiting on call backs, playing phone tag, exchanging voicemails, etc. only to receive dates of employment. The survey's can be customized and you can include your own questions, including space for verbatim answers. The reports are easy to read. The few times I've had issues their support staff have handled them promptly. Somewhat pricey but not difficult to justify when you weigh out the benefit. Integrated with our ATS (The Applicant Manager).

Cons

Won't completely replace contacting references. Sometimes references will leave feedback that needs additional explanation, which is next to impossible to get given the anonymity for references. Some references have become offended, though very few, that the system "pesters" them or are upset at the simple fact that we're asking them to fill out a survey rather than calling them - as if it were disrespectful of their time somehow. Those cases are by FAR the minority though.

Megan R.

We love SkillSurvey!

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Pros

My favorite feature of SkillSurvey is that it is so easy to enter an applicant and send them emails outlining what they will need to do to complete the Reference Check. We rarely have questions on how to enter references so I appreciate the reduced amount of work due to not having to explain how to use the site. I also really love that we were able to set the system up to send out emails once we have filed a candidate as 'Hired'. Our email that goes out advertises our $50 referral bonus for referring other subs and I think this is a great way to remind our subs of the bonus!

Cons

My least favorite feature of SkillSurvey is that there is not a way (at least that I have found) to reactivate someone's SkillSurvey profile after it has been cancelled. This would be very helpful when someone had already entered insufficient references, but fell off during the onboarding process. If this was a possibility, we could save the sub the time and frustration of having to re-enter all of their references.

Marty T.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Skillsurvey review

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Have had no problems with Skillsurvey, my clients have come to expect the reference report from me

Pros

Very easy to use, provides a professional report to send to my clients.

Cons

The jump in cost over last year. A few of our offices have discontinued skillsurvey because of the price increase

Anna H.

SkillSurvey works well.

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Pros

I like that it's easy to enter a reference into the system and monitor how many people have responded and the questions that are asked and covered

Cons

I wish when you finalized a report that it immediately opened the advanced report, I always look at that version so I wish that it automatically added more information into the report when you hit finalize. Instead I have to do that, close the window and re-open the advanced report.

Valerie N.

Game Changer

Extremely positive.

Pros

Using SkillSurvey has been a game changer in the HR department. It has simplified and expedited reference checking and provides greater insight into a candidate's prior work experience to help determine fit.

Cons

The feature to ask references if they would like to be contacted to no prove to be useful or worth the added expense.

Salema W.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Pros

Its very easy to use. I was worried that references would not want to do this- but we have had no issues with that. We get great information and the process for checking references went from a huge headache to almost effortless.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment- we are happy with it.

Amy M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Ensures quality reference data

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

We've been using SkillSurvey to streamline our reference process and ensure that we get candid feedback. I have been impressed with the level of detail references have provided through the software as opposed to the more old fashioned way of calling.

Pros

SkillSurvey has provided us with honest feedback on our candidates. It has sped up the reference process tremendously, and provides simple reports for me to share candidate information.

Cons

The UI and dashboard took a little getting used to at first, but improvements have been made over the last 5 years we've been using the software.

Good tool to take the legwork out of doing references

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Completed a lot of reference checks in a short amount of time, gained some valuable insight that helped facilitate decisions. Easy to get the contact info when we needed to follow up for more info. Also easy to tell if someone falsified info.

Pros

Reduces internal recruiting or HR time in conducting reference interviews, also eliminates the hassle of chasing contacts down.

Cons

Some confusing features like their statistics, also a lot of the canned reference reports do not include technology or recent / current skillsets and could use an update.