GoodHire

Sean S.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Background Checks with a Human Touch

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Pros

The system is extremely easy to use. I personally was in the industry for 12 years prior to moving on to my current role, so I'm still up to date on systems like this. However, in my new role I'm training a team that is starting from scratch on the whole process - and inside of our first two checks they're logging in and generally able to navigate around and read/process reports with little problem. The UI/UX is intuitive and the system does a fantastic job of hand-holding through complex processes such as state-specific forms and the pre-adverse/adverse action workflow.

Also, while it says "software", it should be noted that our account rep Jory is a bona fide rockstar. She's incredibly proactive, helpful, and is a joy to work with.

Beyond that, I can speak to the fact that they are well up on their compliance enforcement as well, which is a mission-critical piece when dealing with a CRA.

Given some of the issues inherent in working with one of the bigger fish (and I did work for one of the biggest), I'd strongly recommend looking into GoodHire if you're shopping for a CRA.

Cons

Just about the only thing is that because they aren't one of the biggest fish, the system still has a few quirks that the bigger ones have mostly ironed out by now. Minor things like, for example, not being able to order a SODB search as an a la carte...or the ability to run searches in Canada.

The thing is, all of the above will be addressed in time, I'm sure. I work in product, I get what comes with the territory of a packed tech roadmap. It's comfortably outweighed by their competence and friendly service when it comes to the baseline functions of background checking.

Serene K.
Industry: Medical Practice

GoodHire does GoodWork

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

This is the easiest thing in the world to use. I love their customer service, they put a proposal together quickly for me and were able to give me different background check options for different positions in our office. I love being able to send out the background check through a link. The website is very easy to use and the print out backgrounds are very easy to read and their turn around is so fast. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Cons

I live everything about the software, I have been really happy with it.

Stephanie B.
Industry: Hospitality

Good product but Sales professionals lie by omission

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/20

If you read the above con about the company, you can see that the sales “professionals” are well versed in the con part of the sales process.

Pros

Ease of use is the most liked feature of this software. There is also a quick, usually one day turnaround time for delivery.

Cons

The 2 pay structure options were not explained in full detail to me by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. In fact, she left out that I could either pay a $300 fee and then they collect from candidates or I get billed and pay monthly for candidates. I didn’t know until I received the first invoice. So, when [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] messaged me about the service and I sent him the email thread and said I was disappointed, nobody from the company has ever said anything else to me.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Nikki K.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

User friendly - but terrible TAT

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Pros

I liked the platform and how easy it was to run a background check. Very user friendly.

Cons

TERRIBLE turnaround time. Reports take far too long to come back which would result in me losing candidates.

Response from GoodHire

Of course we're disappointed that you were less than satisfied with our background check turnaround times. In an effort to respond to your review, we've looked into your account and see that one of our customer support agents reached out to you directly and discussed this particular issue. Background checks play an important role in the hiring process, and we understand your frustration when issues arise -- we hope you're willing to give us another try.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Kathryn L.
Industry: Education Management

Recommending GoodHire

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/03/31

I researched a handful of different companies to do background checks and was highly recommend GoodHire. I now recommend GoodHire to others as an easy-to-use platform that is affordable and quality.

Pros

Easy interface; affordable for a small, start-up nonprofit like ours; great customer service; VERY fast turnaround

Cons

Would appreciate having a way to do background checks for people without social security numbers in order to increase the inclusivity and equity of our team and community to include those who are undocumented. I'd also like a way to cancel the background checks if someone has not filled out their information.

Kiara B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easy & Quick results

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

Pros

Integration was super easy. Once we were given the types of screenings and services offered, we picked our default screening and customized other options depending on the needs of the client and the type of position. The system is very easy to use!! From beginning to end, very user friendly! The notifications are great also, when a candidate didn't fill in their info, info was provided and their running the screening, etc.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing that we don't like. I've used other background screening companies at previous companies and none have been as user-friendly and quick turnaround time on screenings as Goodhire!

Cindy M.
Industry: Accounting

Quality Software

It has been excellent!

Pros

This software has been in use at my company as part of the hiring process before I was hired in 2015, and we continue to use it because it is a very user friendly and informative website, and fairly priced.

Cons

I do not have any direct experience in using any competitive software to make that type of comparison, nor have I felt compelled to suggest to our company management to look at other products. We have a high degree of confidence in this software.

Bernadette T.
Industry: Construction

Background Checks Made Easy!

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Overall our experience with GoodHire has been perfectly good.

Pros

What I like most about good hire is that you can have the applicant fill in their information! It's so convenient. GoodHire doesn't take forever to get you the results like companies we've had in the past.

Cons

I can't think of any cons with GoodHire, they are a great company that has made it easy for employers to get fast background checks at a reasonable price.

Bethany S.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Love this

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

GoodHire has cut down on duplicate data entry for our team and allowed us to work more efficiently

Pros

I love that all I need to initiate a background check is put in the applicants name and email.

Cons

I love everything about it and have nothing negative to say!

Chris W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Great service

Great

Pros

I really like your service. The only issue we had was when an employee was from out of state and filling out the drivers consent was difficult. I would have liked an email that explained it a little better. I have recommended your service to several of our other franchises, I believe the Boulder Colorado office just signed up today.
Thanks Chris

Cons

redundant when asking if about how I am going to use the reports. Almost every-time I log in I have to acknowledge something

Joleen B.
Industry: E-Learning

Optimal Solution for Remote Team Members

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/08

My overall experience has been fantastic! Everything has been streamlined and become so much more efficient, just the sheer hours saved over the course of the year is far worth the investment!

Pros

This software provides me the ability to request confidential information from team members all across the U.S. It sends me updates as needed, not in excess. The reports back are extremely timely which keeps our hiring process moving efficiently along. In addition, GoodHire. connects seamlessly with our HRM platform, BambooHR. All records are kept where they belong, with each employees' file, it is kept private from everyone except for myself and senior leadership. I strongly recommend this platform to anyone with remote team members.

Cons

The only slight deterrent would be in regards to the pricing. I understand and acknowledge that having the ability to run additional items for different positions is standard, but with "so many" options, this can begin to make the background report pretty pricy. *Please note--thus far I do not need access to these features, this is merely my personal view should I ever come to a time and place whereby I need these "extras."

Jan H.
Industry: Museums & Institutions

Bland Reports

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

GoodHire did exactly as we asked and has worked well for us for non-management or non-financial staff background reviews. When and if I require a background check for management and/or especially sensitive staff positions, I will need to review whether GoodHire can provide sufficient information.

Pros

That we did not need staff time or expertise to check the myriad sources for work history, educational history, or potential offenses.

Cons

The reports had essentially no "personal" flavor to them. We had a bad experience with one candidate who jumped through all the GoodHire hoops, and whose reports were squeaky clean, but whose background had events and experiences that we needed to know in advance. GoodHire needs to have additional levels of social media and legal search capability.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Very Satisfied with this company

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

We have been very satisfied with GoodHire. The system is fast and dependable and the very few times we have had problems the phone service has been friendly and excellent.

Pros

Very reasonable priced, very efficient and fast, very easy for us and our clients to use

Cons

There are no drawbacks with this product.

Kari P.
Industry: Financial Services

Simplified Our Background Check Process

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

So far we have had a great experience with GoodHire. That fact that it integrates with our applicant tracking system, Greenhouse, has made requesting and keeping track of background checks much easier.

Pros

Integration with Greenhouse/ease of use and ability to select add on check options if needed.

Cons

Was a small challenge to set up and integrate with Greenhouse initially.

Matt J.

Good Background Checks

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

We like all of the information that the background checks provide us with. It allows us to make sure we are hiring reputable employees and meeting our client requirements.

Industry: Computer Software

GoodHire Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Overall, we are very pleased with GoodHire. Their reports they give us give us everything that we need and and processed in a timely manner.

Pros

GoodHire has been a great background search tool for us. Their user interface is easy to use and their reports come back quickly. They setup the reports to pull all data that is required by your company.

Cons

Since we have been using this software, we have not had any issues. We have not seen any cons as of yet, which is a good thing.

Mary H.
Industry: Automotive

Background checks in lieu of drug testing

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

We have given second chances to several people. The detail in the report is excellent.

Pros

What I like about the software is that in a matter of moments you have results. No waiting around. It is fast and easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes a crime/conviction is not listed because the agency does not participate with online reporting - NOT really about the software though is it?

Sharon O.
Industry: Machinery

Invaluable Resource

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

We use GoodHire for background checks for candidates we have offered jobs. It has proved very useful, is easy to use and the turnaround is very quick. I have also contacted Customer Service to provide me copies of old invoices that were no longer accessible to me and received very courteous and rapid service.

Pros

Ease of use, opportunity to select different levels of background checks.

Cons

I have not encountered an occasion where I found the software lacking in any way.

Heidi H.
Industry: Retail

Excellent value and verified accurate results

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2017/08/25

As a small business owner, I value something that's reliable, easy, and cost-effective. Thanks for making this part of hiring fit those points!

Pros

Literally one-stop-shopping for background checking. I own a small, growing business and want to minimize on-boarding costs while obtaining complete and accurate background information. GoodHire fits the bill on both points, plus the turn around for standard background check is very prompt. I have not use the drug screening option, but with my existing experience with the service I would not hesitate to add that to an order if need be. I have purchase 2 background checks at GoodHire and plan on using them further for my hiring needs.

Cons

When selecting the type of background search and applicable add-ons, it would be helpful for people like me who aren't overly familiar with the types of searches to have a brief explaination as to what information each one entails. (For instance, what would be the benefit of running a candidate in a National database as opposed to only local? What type of information is available in one or the other?)

Taryne K.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Love Good Hire

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Excellent, except for the two points above.

Pros

So easy, accurate and quick.
My initial call with Goodhire was phenomenal. Within about 30 minutes we were all set up with a profile that works well for us. Top notch sales person! Fast and efficient - just how I like it!

Cons

I wish you could enter the candidate information first THEN they print the invoice. It would be nice to see the candidates name on the invoice to help approve invoice at the end of the month.

Also, I wish I could cancel a background check request without having to call in. Mistakes or changes are made and I'd like to be able to adjust the b/g check on my own. Quite frustrating.

Rachelle P.

Happy HR

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

GoodHire has been a quick and reliable resource for me.

Pros

I like that the software is simple enough I can have potential employees complete their personal information and give their authorization online. The product is easy to set up, run reports, and add additional reporting features as needed. The background and MVR reports are straightforward and easy to understand. Communication and updates throughout each step of the process is excellent.

Cons

Automatic yearly MVR checks on all current employees would be a great feature.

Christopher W.
Industry: Banking

Money Well Spent

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

We had our background screens and our drug screens set up with different companies and we were always getting separate bills for them. GoodHire does both our drug and background screening for us and we get it all together in one place and only 1 bill. The best part of all is their salesperson called me and we were even able to shave off a few dollars on our price. I would definitely recommend this service for any company! It's great!

Pros

GoodHire has been a godsend for our company. They have done everything we've asked for and at just the right price.

Cons

I haven't encountered any real difficulties at this point. Each time it has appeared a hurdle was about to come up, GoodHire has been there and fixed the issue.

Keileigh N.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

GoodHire

Reviewed on 2019/05/26

Pros

Extremely easy to use. You can even add whatever non basic features you want to each background check. All the reports store easily on your dashboard and you can export them in their entirety with just a click. Turn around time is also excellent-usually within 1 business day.

Cons

Only con is not being able to run large batch checks at one time.

Response from GoodHire

Hi Keileigh, We always love to get feedback from our customers! Re: the large batch checks, we actually do offer that feature - contact support and they should be able to help you.

Lauryn W.

Ok but be careful of add on's

Reviewed on 2018/05/06

Pros

Pretty easy to use and straight to the point for the most part. The cost is also good for a small business owner

Cons

There are a lot of add on's they spend time trying to get you to do to make more money. before you purchase a background check. Also, they send you an email saying the report is almost done when it is actually done and try to get you to buy even more stuff besides what you purchased. It is confusing because you don't ever get confirmation that the report you paid for is complete.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Larisa Z.

Ethical Background Checks

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

I can provide accountability to my clients that my employees have been background checked.

Pros

I like that GoodHire seems to be aware that background checks have historically been used as a form of institutional racism.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to find old invoices/receipts for background checks I've purchased.