Rob K.
  • Industry: Machinery

This is the best web portal ever!

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

My overall experience with FV has been wonderful!! It has allowed me to not only restructure my entire freight dept. but it has given me more time with my crew and training people more in depth about different, more complicated aspect of the freight world. i don't have to spend hours a day running quotes or dealing with some company server down that wont allow to use whatever it may be. It has taken the inconveniences of my job and made them much more enjoyable. "CSR" .. whom i like to call the all time FV support analyst has been so good to me and my team over the last year (if it hasn't been a year its been alomst 1) i just wanted to give him/her an extra shout for all the hard work being done!

Pros

This software allows me to save so much time when quoting anything almost going anywhere!! I regularly use about 7 to 10 different carriers.. I like to spread the love and all of them have specific quirks about them that allow me to do so. Opening that may tads and using everyone's website could sometimes take a couple hours to do. Now it takes me 10 min. I provide quotes for things I don't have.. so guesstimating takes time when you need to be right. so wherever i can save the time i will!

Cons

i don't necessarily like that most companies won't allow me to provide an inbound quote.. but that's really all that it is. FV has changed freight shipping for my current and past companies ever since they went live.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the excellent review, Rob! I'll reach out to you directly to confirm where you can do inbound quotes as well. Let me know if anything comes up!

Jacob M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Ease of freight rating and accurate freight rate estimates by our CSR team. This comes to fruition on the back end, as we invoice our customers for freight the day after shipment with a passthrough + 12% markup model. We have to be good at estimating rates w/ all surcharges included upfront so that we aren't losing money on the back when we receive that carrier invoice 1,2, maybe 3 weeks after something ships.

Pros

Ease of implementation, use, training of user teams, and feasibility of mass rollout all make the platform something I would recommend to any future user, or someone doing a cost/benefit analysis on the software. We've been able to leverage it's out of the box functionality to rate freight, mind you, it's used by CSRs with little to no freight or logistics background, for several months and we've seen our ROI almost immediately.

Cons

Unfortunately, due to the FV team working on future improvements, they aren't leveraging their competitive advantage of having carriers plugged into the platform. Explained, in 2020 they're working to roll out more full truckload and parcel improvements that soak all IT bandwidth, eliminating the ability of a shipper to request a new carrier be integrated into their network. This is a downside as having our complete carrier network in Freightview would only add value to our supply chain.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the excellent review and feedback, Jacob!

Freightview has been a tremendous time saver in quoting, booking, tracking and bill review.

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

The software is easy to use, visually appealing and well organized. It allows me to check quotes from many (in my case 12 or more) carriers simultaneously to find my best rate and transit time. Then I can book directly with carrier and instantly create a BOL from the database of information that it saves from my previous entries and provide the BOL to my shipper and the tracking information to my customer effortlessly. All of my shipments are then compiled on one page where I can monitor them easily. When the freight delivers, I can verify the invoice matches my quote and archive the shipment for historical review. Above all the software has saved me countless hours of time and made the shipping process exponentially better. I don't want to leave out that the team at Freightview has been a pleasure to work with.

Cons

There is an occasional hiccup with the site updating the status of a shipment.
Currently there is no ability to edit the product catalog but hopefully this will be addressed in an update.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the great review!

Adam P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great, glad to have transparency to shipping.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

- Quick rate quotes and transparency to shipping lanes.
- Great Customer support
- The ability to make a quick informed decision when choosing a preferred carrier
- Strong analytics to support shipping data

Cons

- No ability to create a blank BOL when using a 3rd party carrier
- No link to provide real time tracking
- No ability to run quotes for hot shot or expedited services
- No ability to run quotes for truckload services

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the great review Adam! I'll give you a call to discuss some of these features and what we have available now. You should have access to a link to provide tracking, as well as an ability to run expedited and truckload quotes through our spot quote tool. Thanks again for the feedback and remarks!

Keith J.
  • Industry: Food Production

Honest Review!

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

This is the easiest system we have seen by far. Does all the basic shipping functions flawlessly. We really love all those front side features and reporting. However, for our needs we are not able to fully integrate FV into our Sage system which has forced us into another TMS system. It would be great if they had an Integration offering for customers like us.

Pros

By far the easiest TMS out there. We love it! Very streamlined and well thought out for the front end user. We highly recommend for all the basics that a Shipping Department needs. Low cost system. Customer Support is also excellent

Cons

Have not implemented automated carrier freight bill match and approvals (but in progress on this). Unfortunately very limited on full integration into our Sage system via API so we are not able to move forward on this key piece. Would love an option to pay a higher monthly rate or one time setup fee and be able to fully integrate.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the great review and feedback, Keith! Stay tuned for additions to the API in the near future.

Jason F.

Simply Awesome

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Save a ton of time

Pros

Huge time saver when quoting, scheduling, and tracking shipments. No more logging into several carriers and doing the same thing over and over. Now we just do it one time.

Cons

The biggest thing missing for us is not being able to pull delivery receipts. Another con is that there are a few carriers who do not auto-pro. Along with some data not pulling over on BOL's (SAIA for example the customers phone number does not transfer to SAIA's BOL)

Response from Freightview

Thanks for the review Jason! Unfortunately we're limited on the fields for SAIA's BOL, but you should see delivery receipts on your shipments soon! Please let us know if anything else comes to mind.

Jennifer T.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Saves me time and money!

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

Working for a smaller company, my role and tasks don't only revolve around booking freight. Because of this, I need any resources available to help me save time. We have been using Freightview religiously for a couple of years now. It is great! It saves me not only time, but money because all of my rates are automatically used so I can see all carriers, rates, and transit times in once easy to use system. I would highly recommend it!

Pros

Easy to use and saves all addresses that I ship to.

Cons

They have glitches sometimes that prevent me from using it

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the great review Jennifer! If there's anything else that we can do to improve our platform, please let us know.

Chuck S.

bang for your buck

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

time saver it is very easy to use and understand

Pros

saves a lot of time generating all quotes in one place lets you quote bol and pick up request all in one place

Cons

wish that it had the ability to cancel pick up requests you gotta call the carrier direct to cancel it

Response from Freightview

Thanks for the great review, Chuck! While it's not supported for every carrier, many now have connections to where you can cancel a shipment in Freightview without needing to call or email the carrier. This was added into Freightview around a month ago, so please let us know what you think, or if anything else comes up!

Kym H.
  • Industry: Machinery

Great team and great service

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

able to quotes all carriers we use and the click of the mouse in seconds we get an answer instead of going to quote each carrier separately.

Pros

Ease of use and support when you need it. Ability to use multiple carriers at the click of a mouse right away.

Cons

Wish you could retrieve older quotes , as often the shipping companies try and bill us later for services we did not have.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the review Kym! We will store quote information for all booked shipments done in Freightview so they can be compared to the carrier invoice at your convenience. We'll follow up directly to show where to find this!

Scott C.

Freight Coordinator

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

We are able to navigate, get quotes, schedule shipments very accurately and efficiently using Freightview.com.

Pros

I really like the ease of access and user friendly website layout. Navigating the web page is very easy and makes my job a bit easier and faster.

Cons

I personally have been using the freightview.com website for 1 plus years, and so far have not experienced anything that I would consider a con up to this point.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the great review and your business, Scott! Let us know if there's anything we can do.

Jim D.

Freightview

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

Anytime I need to fill in for someone in the warehouse who may be out, I rely heavily on Freightview. It puts all the information I need in one spot so I can quickly generate a quote, create a pick up, and create a bill of lading. Very valuable tool for us, both for the every day guys but also for those who occassional help out to keep everything moving along smoothly.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about freightview.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the excellent review Jim!

Mamoon A.

This application has extremely been useful because of all its features.

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Pros

There is some many pros with this application. I can't work without it. You can pull quotes from different carriers on one website, schedule shipments, print bol, share bol, track shipments and share tracking information all on one website.

Cons

Don't really have many cons except that it doesn't work with my website. My current website is with the 3DCart. Hopefully one day it will work with it. Also, it doesn't pull rates from worldwide express.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the great review Mamoon!

Jeremy D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

We have been using Freightview since the day it was born! We have seen the basic platform grow to great functionality, the team at Freightview are great listeners and great developers, because they have listened to what we the users need, and have delivered! they are constantly adding better tools, etc... We like it, because it is a very efficient way to process our shipments (90 shipments per week) and we get to deal directly with the carrier for rates etc, to stay in control of our costs!

Pros

User friendly

Cons

need to be able to add brokers.

Response from Freightview

Thanks for the great review and being a long-standing customer Jeremy!

David B.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Make routing freight a lot easier.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

It has been a big time saver and has also helped to reduce shipping costs.

Pros

I like that it stores our customer information after the first use, this saves a lot of time each day.

Cons

I'd like it if you could set the freight class based on carrier. Some carriers have our freight classed higher than others. In order to get accurate quotes I have to quote the shipments at class 50 then re-enter info with class 55.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the great review and feedback David! I've recorded your feedback to see what we can do with setting freight class based on the carrier. Let us know if there's anything else that comes to mind, and I'll be sure to let you know if we're able to get this adjusted on our end!

Nicholas L.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great system, simple to use.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Speeding up our shipping process is amazing.

Pros

Very simple, makes placing a shipment easy; when we have many shipments a day being able to place a shipment quickly is great.

Cons

There is no report which shows specifically all orders that have not yet delivered. I once called and asked about this and was told it would be a GREAT idea by your team.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the review Nicholas! We do have transit reporting on the roadmap, and hope to share more on this soon! Let us know if anything else comes to mind.

Lisa S.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Great to Have!

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

We are able to look at our rates and save money by comparing multiple carriers' rates in one location.

Pros

I like to be able to compare all of our rates in one place. Freightview eliminates the need to search for multiple rates.

Cons

There are minor inconveniences with searching, for quotes and rates. I wish you could see history for a longer period of time. I also wish my search didn't disappear as soon as I open one of the rates that appeared.

Jerry N.

Overall very good system

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

Ease of quoting BOL generation
ease of use, simplicity, speed, affordability
Ease of use and setting up, BOL and Label printing
Easy to use and saves all addresses that I ship to.

Cons

Ease of Use - price is average although there are some for free, we have had a lot of problems the last while with Freightview not being able to quote during the busiest time of the day, it seems there is something almost daily I am chatting back and forth with customer service, in the beginning they were very good in getting back to us in a timely manner, but the last while we are only a number.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the review and feedback Jerry. We'll investigate further and make sure to improve upon our responses going forward. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you ever have any questions or concerns!

Sal L.
  • Industry: Food Production

Excellent software for quick rate comparisons

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

We have been using freightview since it started. This is a must have in our opinion. The quick and easy rage comparisaion has saved us thousands of dollars each year in freight cost!

Pros

Quick rate comparison

Cons

Some assesorials don't link with the carriers. Cannot upload an excel sheet if shipments to get rates quicker

Response from Freightview

Thanks for the great review Sal! Your feedback has been recorded by our development team. Please let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Steven H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Well worth the money, and then some!

Reviewed on 2016/11/30

I love this service! We went "live" on 10/10/2016, and have not looked back. I am still comparing to where we used to be before going to Freightview, and have documents savings into the hundreds of dollars since going with Freightview. My headaches have gone way down, as well. I don't have to worry about my various LTL carriers, I simply have to tell them that if they are not getting any lanes, they have to sharpen their pencils. The carriers have been doing this, and we are seeing even bigger savings. No complaints at all with Freightview. I only gave them four stars on Features and Functionality so that they would keep adding more, but we are very happy. This is so easy to use. I have three or four people in our shipping department trained now, and I only look at analysis reports. In terms of Value for Money, I'd give them seven or eight stars if possible. Awesome product! Great people there that are very friendly, and very helpful. They made the transition very easy.

Pros

Very easy to use. People at Freightview are very helpful and friendly. They made the transition for us very easy. Our carriers don't mind working with Freightview either.

Cons

No real complaints. Would like to see more analytical reports over time.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the review and your continued business!

Freightveiw

Matt A.
  • Industry: Machinery

Fantastic TMS for the money. The Freightview team is always looking for ways to improve.

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Pros

Frieghtview is a basic easy to use freight management solution that can help may SMB's who have never had a dedicated TMS solution. It is easy to setup and a quick solution to implement. The analytics can also help businesses understand their freight expenses and where it is going. They have a good support team that is US based and willing to help.

Cons

Some of the con's at the current time is that there is no connection to UPS/Fed Ex Parcel which can be found as a standard component of most TMS's. There is also a lack of integration with ERP Systems. Do not let this discourage you as it is a great Saas solution that you can pay month to month for your buisness needs.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the great review, Matt!

Shanea B.
  • Industry: Wholesale

The ease of use is amazing compared to the hours that we used to spend getting quotes

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Saves me time, reports, etc

Pros

The quick response times getting quotes and turning to a shipment. Used to have to be on the phone for an hour or 2 trying to call and get the best quote available. Now, we punch a few buttons and Freightview does it all for me. Not to mention the ability to look up previous shipments, etc. The reports are amazing as well. Love Freightview!

Cons

Love everything about it! :) Any issues that I may have ran into was quickly taken care of by the Chat option.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the excellent review Shanea!

John P.
  • Industry: Building Materials

worth every penny

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

it is a real time save worth spending the money to save time

Pros

works as is should gathers all my quotes in one place saves me so much time and i can do bol and pick up request all in one place

Cons

freight view works perfect there is nothing i can say bad about this service it works great wouldnt change a thing

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the glowing review, John! Let us know if there's ever anything we can do.

Joe M.

Freightview Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

Pros

Very user friendly and time saving. The ability to enter a shipments information once and access rates for multiple carriers is a huge time saver. By Freightview using an API you are pulling rates directly from the carriers website so it prevents you from having to get rate quotes from multiple individual carrier websites.

Cons

I would like to see the pallet label link integrated into the documents link. This will allow access to all necessary shipping documents in one folder.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the great review, Joe! I passed this feedback along, and will keep you updated around this going forward. Let us know if there's anything else you would like to see added!

Sharon D.

Very easy to customize, we basically ship the same thing over and over.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

The reports that are available for statistics between carriers are excellent. We can see in just a few clicks all our shipping expenditures across the board.

Cons

I sometimes have difficulty customizing an entry and saving it for future use. However the phone support is excellent in walking you through any problems or questions

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the great review Sharon!

Gary M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Freightview has dramatically decreased the time we spend booking shipments.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

By far the greatest benefit we get from this software is the time savings in booking shipments. We do use the analytics a little and find it helpful at times.

Pros

We really like the ease of use and the speed at which we can book a shipment. Instead of checking half a dozen sites for rates we have all our rates with a few clicks.

Cons

The tracking isn't always accurate. We often times need to go into the individual site to check on the progress of a shipment.

Response from Freightview

Thank you for the great review Gary! Look for updates to our tracking feature in the very near future!