Enterprise content management system

Andrew B.
Industry: Computer Hardware

The Cadillac of CMS

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

We used AEM at the very first company I worked with. I dont think I realized how great it is until I moved on in my career to several other companies that do not use it. There is truth to the saying that sometimes you dont appreciate things until you no longer have them! The company I am with now uses AEM, and anytime I get frustrated with not understanding how to do something, I remind myself of the alternative.

Pros

Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is the cream of the crop when it comes to CMS. The functionality that it offers - from its backend configuration to its capabilities for 'everyday' users - is unmatched from the other products I have worked with. If I were to single out my top pros for the CMS, I would say its component building blocks, and it's flexible workflow integration. These two things in particular set it apart from other competitors (for me, at least).

Cons

As with most products that pack a ton of functionality and features, AEM is not always the easiest CMS to work with. That being said, it is also definitely not the most difficult. But, most of the advanced configurations and integrations require an adept development team. And, to make changes to existing functionality also usually requires a lot of interaction with dev (again, not a bad thing, but something to take into consideration).

Tanya E.
Industry: Government Administration

Enjoyed the functionality and customization

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

I think the forms that I was able to create with AEM were great. The software I now use doesn't have the same customizable features, and I miss them. I feel that the forms I create now don't look at good.

Pros

I really liked how much I could customize the forms I created.

Cons

It took a lot of training and practice to get good at using the software.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Pretty solid not when it works; smaller additions would make it a more solid program

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Once set up, it is fairly easy to pick up, especially if you have worked with other CMS products.

Pros

It is pretty easy to pick up with the text component and image one, even for clients who aren't tech savvy.

Cons

The touch UI interface with versions 6.1 and above feels rather underwhelming. Because I can do much more in the classic interface, it provides little motivation to "play" with the touch interface. Also, cannot see doing much development on the touch UI side.

Second, there are a lot of little things Adobe can do that will greatly improved the user experience of this product. First, add a simple spell check the various text editors and allow users to expand the size of the edit dialogue box even selecting assests and pages. Additionally, adding the name of the components when hovering over the component in editing mode in authoring. I know people have requested this.

The latest version cloud version also seems a little unstable. Seems to have connectivity issues from time to time.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Mehran N.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A very rich web platform software

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/08/21

From the feature perspective it is very rich and good but if using it as a service is not an option, the deployment model is old and tricky.

Pros

It has many out-of-the-box features such as payment, eSigniture, photo upload, and many other form components which make it very easy for web development

Cons

The deployment model is very old. It does not containerize efficiently and the software need to be deployed in a virtual machine which is very old technology.

Ananya N.

Best User Friendly CMS Tool

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

I have been using Adobe Experience Manager as a developer for almost 4 years now and every version out does itself. As a developer, I will be recommending AEM for everybody out there.

Pros

Adobe Experience Manager is one of the most sort after CMS tool in the world currently. It's modular design, and it's ease of integration with both other Adobe products as well as other third party products makes it unique. It's OOTB features are so easy and well developed that it decreases the effort required in overlaying them. Seamless integration with Java in the back-end and almost all the high rated front-end tools makes it a best product to design a website on. And the customer or business support is the best in the market.

Cons

Nothing as of such. It's almost a near perfect product.

Industry: E-Learning
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

For being an Author, you're as limited to the limitations of your developer.

Reviewed on 2020/01/11

It's been ok. I believe your overall experience woudl depend on the team's willingness to keep up to date with all feature releases and understand it's capabilities, vs it's limitations.

Pros

I think if it were as polished and built to represent the business' needs, then it could be an incredibly efficient platform for your web experience. The ability to rapidly create and maintain pages and the integration with Target makes for a great testing platform.

Cons

Again with developer limitations.. there are a lot of vanilla features that work great and is a benefit to the business. But when it comes to building out your website experience.. unless your UX designer and developer express creativity and can work around challenges and limitations, you may find yourself being only able to build pretty cookie cutter type web sites.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Daniel alejandro A.

Adobe, excellent tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Adobe I use it a lot to present quotes, make official letters to important clients and avoid modifications that were not originally made by me.

Pros

What I like most about this app is its easy and dynamic way of interpreting and presenting excel and word formats and files. I work in the commercial area and submit quotes in Adobe is the easiest and most correct.

Cons

What I sometimes do not like is that you can not copy texts that come in the Adobe format to paste it somewhere else but in general terms it is a very useful application

Jennifer S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Wonderful invention with so many useful features

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/03

In short Adobe Experience Manager allows me to properly organize all my digital assets into one specific location with an ability to view them accordingly.

Pros

This professional software has so many useful key elements that help in the engagement of the mind and body in the best way. I really like the way in which it helps me to drag and drop out files according to my wish within a single location. Moreover, this unique product has been an immense supporter in blocking all the unnecessary and malicious websites that could be a major issue while working.

Cons

All the superb features make it my best solution in this huge world of technology. So, I can’t think of any major drawbacks in it that makes it my most favorite.

Shawn c. R.
Industry: Internet

The Cadillac of content management systems

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

My company does consulting and custom deployments of AEM for our clients, and they all love how easy it is for them to publish and maintain their site's content using the components we build for them.

Pros

There is virtually nothing Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) can't do, if you're willing to put a little time into development.

Cons

The learning curve is steep and it's not always easy to find comprehensive self-help resources for the platform online.

Derek E.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Adobe Experience Manager let us put some of our past concerns past us. We no longer have security issues like we had experienced in the past.

Pros

The features of the Adobe Experience Manager is what sets them apart from the competition! Although fit more for the enterprise level, it offers much more than competitors can.

Cons

Price point is high, however extremely worth the price if it fits in the budget.

Bhanu K.

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Positive, Good tool to build enterprise level websites

Pros

Adobe Experience Manager is one of the best content management system for building enterprise level websites. Though it is a bit expensive to low level businesses, it makes it the best web content management tool for big businesses. AEM makes it easy if you want to migrate from other platforms. Its cross channel content customization options are awesome and takes care the digital experience for all type of users is best. Adobe Experience Manager gives a lot of options and tools to target different users like popping up a new offer for first time website visitor, customizing the offers for different zip code locations, which is a lot necessary in today's world. Its integration with other adobe products is seamless and often helpful for different developers like for example its integration with creative cloud is often helpful for UI developers to modify their content and embed it in digital asset manager. Its servers are scalable depending on the users with new AI powered implementation which is a cool feature. I hope Adobe comes with a solution with minimizing the features and price to accommodate low level business. Its integration with Adobe Target makes it a one solution for personalized user experience and targeting users gets a lot easy.

Cons

It is a bit expensive for low level businesses.

Cami K.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Company size: Self Employed

An enterprise content manager that acts like visual studios

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

I've used a few content managers, but this one has been the best for author customization and communication. I like that you can leave other authors notes. I compare it to visual studios because authors have the ability to drag and drop to modify pages. Authors have a lot of freedom potential for settings, obviously depending on permissions. Their tag manager is also a great asset to our architects.

Pros

Tag manager, digital asset manager, and nontechnical admin abilities.

Cons

Permissions take a lot of effort to lock down and authors could potentially do prod damage. A lot of I's to dot and t's to cross to make sure they don't have damaging access.

Diana W.
Industry: Higher Education

AEM isn't easy but it's a workhorse

Reviewed on 2015/09/17

When we decided that we needed to redesign our college's websites (over 100 of them), we looked for a tool that was robust and versatile, and one that had recommendations from others in higher ed. We found Adobe's Experience Manager (Called CQ5 back then). And although it's been a bumpy road, we are starting on our third large redesign with no regrets.

Pros

Whatever you want to do, AEM will let you do it. Customization is key, and the ability to create multiple sites with one product is a bonus. There are tools to help you get started, and the ability to create a template where our authors can just enter content without worrying about format is a blessing.

Cons

AEM is not an easy program to install or to administer, not if you are going to go beyond an all-in-one server. The configurations are headache inducing, and the documentation isn't always current. Sometimes it behaves in inexplicable ways until you get your hands into its guts to look at the underlying configuration - then it becomes fairly simple to diagnose. But finding experts who are doing what you are with the software (my favorite way to solve an issue) can be difficult.

Nathan L.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Can do it all

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Pros

The level of customization and development capabilities are best in the business. We run everything on through AEM. My primary function is around the DAM, but from web authoring, workflows, you name it, we're able to customize AEM to meet our exact needs

Cons

While customization is king, it does take development time, hours and personnel. That said, the pros FAR outweigh the cons in that regard.

Useful Content management system

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

Very user friendly with the WYSIWYG interface and easy to learn components and templates. Regular workers can author their own content.

Cons

With most content management systems they each have their own nuances. Things can arise depending on what browser youre using, how your components were made, what kind of network restrictions your company has. All things to consider when setting up this application.

Company size: 10 000+ Employees

One of the best content management systems

Reviewed on 2018/10/21

Pros

A Sophisticated tool that is easy and quick to develop and addresses digital marketing needs, super easy to use for a marketer.

Cons

Adobe docs do not provide comprehensive development help. Learning is more community driven than authenticated by Adobe

Allison T.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good content management system

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

Adobe Experience Manager makes it easier to organize and manage the data needed as per the company's needs. It has a hassle free set up and it's overall a stable tool.

Cons

A bit pricey, but totally worth every penny.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

enterprise tool to help your marketing

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

Pros

Thanks to easy content authoring you can cut your need for developers and time to market but keep quality.

Cons

To keep it running thre is a need for constant administrators support.

Saurabh P.

Adobe Aem Review

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Overall I would say king of CMS in the market now. Hard to understand and implement. You have to go by convention then and then you will get desired results.

Pros

Configuration based
Java based
OSGi services
Extensible components
Salable
Use either MongoDB or tarMk

Cons

Steep learning curve
Preliminary knowledge of Java is required
Oob components are poorly designed

Phani T.

Best CMS tool

Reviewed on 2016/10/27

The tool is pretty impressive .Adobe customer support is good.Stuff like compaction , reindexing , purging can be more automated rather than running them frequently.We spend lot of time on these maintenance activities which include author downtime

Pros

Best CMS tool in the current market

Cons

Maintenance like compaction reindexing and purging needs to be more automated,

Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reliable enterprise content management

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Pros

The flexibility that we get with AEM is great. The types of template and pages options that we get provide us with great features to be able to build custom content and pages well.

Cons

The learning curve of AEM can be a little overwhelming due to the myriad of options that it provides.

Jeff W.

Working within AEM allowed for fast and effective publishing

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/12/06

So much of the website could be updated with new content in a timely manor with a relatively small team managing the builds.

Pros

I used this tool on a daily basis at my last job for 2 and a half years. The templating options allowed our company to work within a standard set of page layouts that helped streamline the page builds and keep the site w/in brand standards.

Cons

From time to time some of the page templates seemed to be a bit buggy and not perform normal functionalities.

Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Expensive choice for a CMS, but integrates with other Adobe tools

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Our move to AEM was mandated, but at least it has given us a chance to start afresh and apply some newer thinking and adopt some more modern best practices. That's definitely a plus for us.

Pros

Its integration with other Adobe tools is probably the main reason to choose AEM.

Cons

The CMS I was using previously was a little more intuitive and less restrictive in some areas.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Matt D.

This is our content platform and it is robust

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

We use this as a single source of truth for all our content. It houses a lot of content that can be pushed to different sources.

Cons

I don't like the functionality we have set up. There are constraints on what we're able to do with certain pages. That can lead to a lot of busy work and cleanup for users.

Mauricio G.

I am amazed

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Pros

What I like most is that it make it easier to organize, adapt, and distribute rich media and experiences across the customer journey.

Cons

Sometimes the wait time by each screen until I reach the app I need disencourages me a bit.