1 204 reviews

FiveStars

Providing Loyalty and Marketing for 15,000 Local Businesses

1 204 reviews
Phoebe T.

Not just for your normal businesses.

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

As I mentioned before, Fivestars has enabled me to engage with my clients and their parents without having to make them spend a lot of money for other tutors and learning academies. They are able to enjoy the coupons and rewards while having the feeling that they can trust my abilities in teaching and tutoring. Fivestars has been easy to use and very important to my business.

Pros

I like being able to implement rewards for students that I work with to encourage them to keep on attending tutoring sessions while saving a significant amount of money compared to other starting prices for other private tutors. It is also an incentive for parents or students to push their kids to keep on developing their skills while supporting my own tutoring business.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with this software. I have enjoyed every feature and I am excited for new updates and ways to engage with my clients.

Stacey M.

Absolutely Worth Looking Into

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

Overall, it's so worth it to download this app.
Get rewarded for where you typically shop or eat! Earn points, save for special items or freebies.
Why not earn free things for what you already are buying?!

Pros

I love Fivestars. I enjoy how easy it is to have multiple businesses stored in the app for loyalty reward tracking. It is easy to see visually how many points I have and what rewards I have earned for various businesses I visit. It's quick and simple to find local participating companies and tracked via your cell phone number. I simply provide my number to the company when I'm at checkout to be given my points. It's easy, simple, and free to use as a customer!

Cons

I don't have any recommendations for improving this software or any features I dislike. It works great as is!

Leah V.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Love saving money

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Pros

Not only does it search for deals where you are but sends you knew ones when the become available

Cons

I wish more businesses would use this discount app.

Landon R.

Software - lacking

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

I want to be able to link to my POS system to automatically redeem points. I am not a fan of entering the rewards into two systems or having to manually enter it into the POS I would prefer it do it automatically or be able to click to redeem them and it syncs to the POS and eliminates the human error of entering the discount wrong.
I also would like more options for sending out notifications to people. There are 6-8 template options but I would like a variety of more or the ability to create my own.
I wish I could post more often as well; once a week sometimes isn't enough for our store. I don't like being restricted at being locked out so I can't push a promo for X days till it opens up again. It forces me to be more strategic hold all my cards for the big event/promo and if it flops than I can't do another push till it clears out...

All in all helps to maintain loyal customers - it doesn't do much to bring in more people and extend your reach but does well and keeping our base.

Pros

its ability to program and push promos to a wide base of people. I like using phone numbers to keep track of points cause then people don't loose them but it also makes you give away more discounts cause no points are lost. Its easy to sign up and people are more willing to participate in the rewards because it is so simple to do

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't sync with my POS and all the rewards have to be entered manually.

Mohamed B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Love local fivestar drive my business

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

I use Fivestars at Hideout, for calculating daily sales, use it as a tool for marketing and drive the sales thought multiple dimensions.

Pros

Loyalty program, low cost and convenience

Cons

No yet has the customer pay by phone option.

Kyle B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Easy interaction

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

I like the paperless idea for the rewards. Saves me time and money dealing with people who lose thier cards and coupons. I also like that i am able to send different offers to customers who have not been back to our restaurant over a period of time. It gives me the ability go offer these customers whatever i choose and also lets me offer all my customers some offers. The only thing i dislike is when the network isnt strong the tablets lose connection

Pros

Paperless. The offers i can extend to lost customers. And how i can track thier points and visits very easily. They are easy to get ahold of to resolve problems

Cons

The network connection and how it goes down. The charge of the tablets doesnt last very long. Sometimes to many points get added to peoples accounts and i which it had a button asking if ur sure before u add those points. Some people are old and technology is hard for them.

Jason C.

Fivestars gets a 1 out of 5

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

There are no problems to solve besides to get rid of fivestars completely. all five stars does is get maybe 1-3% of customers to shop more often, but the concept of increasing sales and bringing customers back on a regular basis is completely and falsely advertised.

Pros

The idea and concept is great
its like a loyalty card you would use at safeway or giant but for multiple stores

Cons

BUT it doesnt work for small businesses, doesnt work in the suburbs or in areas that dont have many shops signed up withe fivestars
the cost to maintain account is extremely expensive and DOES NOT INCREASE SALES whatsoever

Steve K.

Fivestars brings loyalty programs to all restaurants

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Fivestars allows for enhanced customer experience through customizable loyalty programs.

Pros

For the business owner (not just restaurants), this enables you to incentivize repeat customers without having to set up your own program. The most valuable part of Fivestars is the data that they provide regarding customer visits and spending patterns. It's definitely worth it to provide a discount or free item in exchange for all the repeat business. Fivestars will provide a tablet with an app and you can go ahead and custom the type of deals you want to offer.

Cons

Fivestars relies on the customer providing a telephone number as their UUID. This is quite the security risk and also isn't the best customer experience. They finally have a mobile app now but it's mainly for checking progress and points. It would be best if they setup some type of NFC so that you can just tap to check-in.

Rohan B.

Fivestars

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

overall it is a good and easy software.

Pros

It is easy to signup and people are more willing to participate in the rewards because it is very easy to operate.

Cons

The software is more expensive in comparison to other software.

Shannon H.

Custom program

Reviewed on 2016/11/29

We really appreciate that Five Stars tweeked the "1 point per dollar spent" feature to our specific store needs which is "1 point per $25 dollars spent". Our customers are loving the FiveStar option and look forward to the little bonuses we are able to send out. A feature that our paper card can not offer. We are very pleased to be FiveStar affiliates.

Pros

Anytime there is any problem...the customer service team walks us thru the quickest way to fix it.

Denise J.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Crossroads is awesome for everyone! Use of their system is so easy and rapid!

Reviewed on 2019/03/03

Awesome

Pros

Ease of use and how rapidly it works, easy to read.

Cons

Ability to mark the discount you want to use at the time, so the cashier doesn't have to ask again or forget.

Deb S.

Awesome Rewards System

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

It really does create repeat customers!

Pros

Our customers love it! It is easy to customize your own rewards and it does not spam our customers which they appreciate.

Trish L.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Horrible customer service and they take ur money

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

They are not a good company and not trustworthy at all. Customer service is horrible and not willing to help.
We are facing hard times right now as owners and I would never use them again.

They are also expensive compared to other companies.

Pros

lthe database that it provided and let's u know the points .

Cons

This program was not the easiest to use. It always had errors. I decided to stop using there service because we were closing this restaurant and opening another. We were going to use them because we already had a database with them but I never recieved a letter stating how to return the equipment. They charged me 600. Then if I return it within 30 days I can have 50.percent back. How horrible. My manager waited for a shipping label with instructions on how to return and they said they only communicate thur email. The manager also stated that they did not have to even send an email to us either. That was a courtesy from them. When u use big companies they will send labels and refund the amount when u send everything back but not this company. Becareful they are horrible.
Also my customer kept complaining that they send way too many emails and text.

Curtis S.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Fivestars Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Outstanding

Pros

Easy notifications directly to my phone.

Cons

None. I haven’t had any problems with this service

Not as strong as other options currently on the market

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Its a large buy in and not great customer service once you have signed up. It was all about the sale then hard to get any support. overall harder for small businesses than many other options out there.

Pros

The idea of this software is great. An easy effective way to start a a rewards program for your clients.

Cons

They sell you on their network. X amount of vendors and members in your area also use this software so they will market your business to these users and expand your reach offering deals to people that would be new clients to you. What the sales people forget to mention is that you will not be a part of this feature unless you sign up X amount of new users per week. Problem for my business is we have a large repeat clientele so hitting this large number to receive expanded marketing was not viable.

Thuy A.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Five Stars for Fivestars!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Overall, i think this is a great marketing tool for small businesses. We need to support the mom and pop shops. Without them, there would be no diversity or options.

Pros

I love that this app/software supports our local small businesses. It's easy to use and I like that when there's a deal users gets a text message . It's a great marketing tool for small local businesses!

Cons

I haven't found a way to look up my points. Maybe this option is available but I have tried to log into the account but couldn't find it.

Liz D.

Easy money

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

It was marketed as a small business connection but the training calls and other parts feel very call center and commercial.

Pros

This is an amazing way to network with other local businesses to build community for and with our customers.

Cons

Tablet and tablet stands are older looking. For being marketed as a small business connection I was surprised to find it in a chain BonChon

Donna may P.
  • Industry: Accounting

Brug Review at Pearlridge

Reviewed on 2019/03/23

Pros

Love that Fivestars keeps track of my purchases just with the use of my phone number. I don't have to keep track of my purchases of my rewards with a physical card. Less stuff in my wallet! Love Fivestars! My husband uses it too at his favorite Vape Shop!

Cons

I would maybe like an update on the app and show rewards from placrs I currently have done business with. Instead of me searching on the website.

review

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

very good in general. again, the only way I know my reward balance is by using it at the vendor.

Pros

very easy to use and most importantly, it can retrieve the account by phone, does not require the physcial card like other loyalty program

Cons

I cannot see how many rewards I have accumulated for each vendor. If there is, this is not publicized anywhere.

• Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Amazing

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

We are able to bring out our service to the public in our city and introduce them to our brand.

Pros

Helped us boost out company to reach our locale. The app is intuitive and very easy use. We don't get any complains from our users. According to our survey, a big chunk of our costumers discovered our clinic through this app.

Cons

We wish there's more variety in Fivestars Promotions. But other than that, we are satisfied with the service provided to us.

Ana Z.

Yay discounts!

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Pros

I most appreciate the functionality of Fivestars. Many restaurants and shops that I buy from frequently use Fivestars as their rewards system. This way, I can simply have the app and I can use rewards in a seamless fashion.

Cons

I least like that Fivestars tries to introduce me to new restaurants/shops.

Chelsi M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

I like 5star

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

It gives a wide range of places in my area

Cons

There’s not very places that I like where I live that have 5 star

Eric D.

Five Stars is Boosting My Restaurant Business

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Great product to grow your restaurant business with powerful rewards that customers love!

Pros

The software is easy to use and enable my team at Clean Eatz to collect 100s of phone numbers and customer contact information every week. Our customers love it because they are able to collect points that add up to real rewards that are awesome. I love the simplicity of the system. The notifications and text messaging feature makes it easy to reach your customer with an offer on the fly.

Cons

Reporting and analysis. This needs to be improved to better understand what rewards are being used the most to better prepare restaurants.

Emily C.

Easy money

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

You can work with softwares that delivers food like Postmates. It will be a great addition to the app if you get to earn points online as well. Also, this will be free marketing for new users.

Pros

You get money back when spending at places that support fivestar.

Cons

Not many places use this software. It is more we’ll known to the asian community. Try expanding.

Jeremy C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Integration Breeze

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Definitely recommend for business owners looking for retention in today's society.

Pros

As a consumer, this product is very easy to use. You enter your favorite 10 digit number (your phone) and that's virtually it. Sit back and start getting rewarded for your loyalty.

Cons

As an employer, it does come with a solid price tag and some of the integration setting up was a pain. Other than that, it seems to be doing it's job!