FiveStars

Jeremy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Integration Breeze

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Definitely recommend for business owners looking for retention in today's society.

Pros

As a consumer, this product is very easy to use. You enter your favorite 10 digit number (your phone) and that's virtually it. Sit back and start getting rewarded for your loyalty.

Cons

As an employer, it does come with a solid price tag and some of the integration setting up was a pain. Other than that, it seems to be doing it's job!

Nipuna
Nipuna
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Customer loyalty with STARS

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Fivestar is an user friendly program which helps to keep update with customers. Help to build loyal customers by sending them messages to inform about new promotion and keep updated them with the deals.

Pros

This is simple and user-friendly as well as it is customizable. Super customer service. It helps to get critical customer data.

Cons

Its SOMETIMES hard to reach customer support quickly.

Marsello

Zinrelo

Reasons for Switching to FiveStars

Its little bit easy to use.
Mark

Good but not great

Reviewed on 2016/10/27

Been with Five Stars for a few years now. Just recently found out that if the customers don't "reply with Y,' they are not even getting our texts or emails. This was not always the case. I realize there is a law on the books now that requires this, but someone at Fivestars, should have reached out to us to alert us. I feel like the last year of sign ups, was a complete waste of time.

My scanner never works. I got tired of calling in all of the time to fix it or get a new one. Now, we don't offer the cards anymore since the scanner never works.

In the console it used to say, Text or Email. Now, it says, "Announcements or Promotions." I not sure who came up with that one. Text and email, is pretty cut and dry. Your retailers know exactly what those are and what they do. However, every time one of our stores goes to send something out, we have to back and look what Announcement is, and what Promotion is. Its like you are purposely trying to not be user friendly.

Pros

I used to like the data and it was easy to use.

Cons

The equipment and console.

Jessica
Jessica

Pretty Standard, Nothing to Sneeze at.

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Fivestar picks pretty good companies, or vise versa. That gives me the impression there is a good level of trust there, and Vendors that I speak to about it out of curiosity. This is encouraging when giving this sort of feedback. As a consumer/customer, I find it pretty easy to use and easy to navigate!

Pros

This is a pretty neat idea to have as an extra little something when you visit a favorite business of yours or to try something new. I have personally noticed that some “perks” are offered by the business pretty casually, but nice to have them all in one place.

I will say that it is a neat and accurate feature to try out what is in the area. Not ideal too much if you don’t live in an area should you never have a chance to use it continuously, but great for local places.

Cons

This app works rather accurately with what it claims, so no real complaints. I cannot wait to see more places that will jump on and use it.

Charlene
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Fivestar is great!

Reviewed on 2023/09/14

Pros

I use fivestar quite a bit when going to Once upon a child to buy gently used clothes for my kids. It is based off of a points system and occasionally get coupons to certain places on it.

Cons

I wish more business would join fivestars. I feel that we are in a society now that a lot of people like having a rewards program and it's a good business builder for smaller businesses as well.

Tuyen
Tuyen

Easy and Fun to Use

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

Pros

It's very flexible. I get info by text. I can use the app for convenience and the website for a more comprehensive look. Fivestars improves my dining out experience by providing great incentives.

Cons

It would be nice for me to get an email or text confirmation once I've visited the restaurant in order to let me know that the points were applied appropriately.

Kara
Kara

Fivestars is useful for local businesses

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

Overall, I would say my experience with Fivestars is great. I have earned rewards for visiting various restaurants and learned more about other places.

Pros

Since moving to a new city, Fivestars seems to be a useful tool in finding new businesses to try out. The rewards that they offer allow me to continue to want to come back as a customer.

Cons

I cannot think of a con of this software- it's user friendly, my rewards are always updating. Sometimes the random texts they send are a bit bothersome but other than that it is good software!

Ricky
Ricky
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Fivestars Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Pros

This software has improved our customer relationships by simplifying out loyalty program.

Cons

What I like least is rewards must be entered manually.

April
April
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy and accessible

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to input information as a customer! Great way to know about upcoming events or deals.

Cons

Not really any cons, it could be updated to work faster.

Aline
Aline
  • Industry: Media Production

My memory in the palm of my hand

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Pros

With Fiverstars completely changed my daily life as a businesswoman, because I manage everything through fiverstars, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, contracts, rents and all things related to the financial life of a company, fiverstars is simple to use and makes it much easier as it can be used on the smartphone.

Cons

I have no criticisms to make as it meets my needs.

Pam

Five Stars Loyalty simplified our loyalty program while improving our customer relations

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

can't say that there is anything I don't like about the program. I was able to schedule announcements in advance which saved time. My customers appreciated not having to carry around a plastic or paper punch card. The tablets were easy to set up. Customers responded so well with the program. I am very happy we decided to use FiveStars

Pros

FiveStars not only helped create and maintain our loyalty program, but they also monitor customer interactions to turn a one time shopper in to a loyal customer. It is very user friendly. Customers use a tablet to enter their information and once they're in the system, we can reward them with coupons and incentives to come back to shop. FiveStars monitors how long a customer has been away from the store and allowed us to target certain messages to those customers who hadn't been in the store in a while. We were able to make our customer count stronger and created a sense of urgency with coupons and promotions. It was also beneficial that we could let customers know about upcoming events. I love that FiveStars wants you to be successful. They would call to check in and give useful advice and tips to continue to grow our business through the loyalty program.

Cons

I

Amanda

Worth The Investment!

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

As a family owned business, we know the importance of customer loyalty. FiveStars allows us to see what motivates our return customers, and to keep track of the customers who are less regular. The set-up was easy. As soon as we received our tablets, a Customer Service person walked us through step-by-step. The software is user friendly, so we were able to implement FiveStars immediately. Their marketing specialists have helped us establish effective rewards and promotions. Technical support has been great too! In addition to their support phone number, FiveStars also has chat and e-mail contacts, which means we can always get an answer to any question we may run into.

Pros

Very user friendly software - Customer support is super!
We run 5 registers at one time, and we are easily able to identify customers at the front counter. After a customer has been in once, we can call them by name as soon as they enter their phone number.

Cons

We have had multiple customers log in with both their home phone and their cell phone numbers, and it would be nice if there was a way for us to merge those two numbers together into one account without having to contact FiveStars each time this happens. It would also be great if their information could communicate directly with our order entry. It isn't a big inconvenience, but that would remove one extra step at the front counter if we didn't have to make entries manually.

The good and the bad.

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Fivestars is an excellent software that is easy to use and is great for rewarding current clients. You can customize the rewards you give to current clients very easily. The text out feature is also nice to get your current promotions out.

Cons

When you sign up for the program they sell you on the business matching (marketing) for people that are on the app and near your business. You can create specials that pop up when people that use the app are near by. The problem is they don't switch on business matching for you unless you sign up 20 new fivestars members a week. I operate a spa that sees a lot of repeat clients and we don't always have 20 new clients a week which makes it very hard to be able to utilize this part of the service. I think smaller businesses should know this before they pay the big price tag for the hardware and service. Or they should find a way to include smaller businesses more effectively.

J Robin
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

easy to use...

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

see previous entry. most experiences have been positive. unexpected loss of accumulated points is almost deceitful.

Pros

from a consumer standpoint, very easy to use. tracks points flawlessly.

Cons

wasted points. when someone drops out of the program & you've been accumulating points towards a special reward, it is beyond frustrating when they drop the program without notice, leaving the consumer without recourse. providers should provide those with accumulated points sufficient notice to use their points (30 days) before the program is dropped from that location. Supercuts left my spouse & myself with enough points amassed for "free" services when they suddenly (and without notice) no longer had a terminal. when you usually get your hair cut every 6 weeks, notifying customers at the terminal would be pointless, advance notification to customers via email or app when a provider like Supercuts is about to drop, allows us enough time to utilize our points. we spent a lot of money getting to that reward level. we should have a chance to use them instead of having them disappear.

Carlos
  • Industry: Automotive

1200 dolls s rip off

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

I was with this company for around a year, it didn’t work for me, the equipment was never working, always turning off by itself, I had only one tablet, they sent me another tablet to replace the first one, it didn’t worked for me, So i canceled, I didn’t had a contract at that time already, then, a month later I get hit with a 1200 hundred dollars, So I called to ask why , they told me I had 5!! Tablets!, wich was not true at all!! They didn’t wanted to to anything about their mistake!, they told me that’s what it was showing on their computer and that’s what it was, I had to call my bank to dispute the transaction!! I would never recommend this company to anyone!!

Pros

None, it wasn’t even working , i had it for like a year and it never worked properly, so I have no pros for this company, equipment

Cons

No idea, I didn’t like anything about it

Kesari
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Deals made convenient

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

It's always fun walking into an establishment and seeing the FiveStar console, knowing that I am either going to see a new deal and save money, or I am going to contribute to a future deal. I even like the encouragement it gives me to try something new when, say, the deal is "free dessert" and I've never had the dessert at that cafe before! The whole system in general is a really great way to buy and consume products with a little more mental comfort about my wallet and a little more excitement about the fun deals and discounts I'm about to receive!

Cons

My least favorite thing is that the cashier and I see two different screens. I'll see a deal and sometimes they don't acknowledge it and finish my order before I can add it, or add a deal before I've confirmed I want to use it. This mostly depends on the cashier and not the software itself, but it can be frustrating trying to communicate to cashiers that aren't present or listening to my desires when it comes to using my FiveStar points!

Kyle
  • Industry: Restaurants

Easy interaction

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

I like the paperless idea for the rewards. Saves me time and money dealing with people who lose thier cards and coupons. I also like that i am able to send different offers to customers who have not been back to our restaurant over a period of time. It gives me the ability go offer these customers whatever i choose and also lets me offer all my customers some offers. The only thing i dislike is when the network isnt strong the tablets lose connection

Pros

Paperless. The offers i can extend to lost customers. And how i can track thier points and visits very easily. They are easy to get ahold of to resolve problems

Cons

The network connection and how it goes down. The charge of the tablets doesnt last very long. Sometimes to many points get added to peoples accounts and i which it had a button asking if ur sure before u add those points. Some people are old and technology is hard for them.

courtney
  • Industry: Tobacco

This loyalty service has been awesome for our company, brings back tons of repeat customers.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Repeat customers, new customers, happy customers!

Repeat customers, new customers, happy customers!

Pros

That it keeps encouraging repeat customers to come back. You can provide any type of reward for your customers and all the points/ redemptions are customizable. They come out with software updates and those are automatically installed.

Cons

Sometimes it can be slow, even when it seems that our internet has good connection. However it's hard to be certain if that's their system or ours.

Amrinder

It's ok Not that great. Sometimes pretty useless.

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Always Frustrating !!!!

Always Frustrating !!!!

Pros

Sometimes you get discounts like $5 OFF or free entree or something. so basically you get like 6-8% back on your actual spend depending on store but since the store owners don't know how to credit it so it's mostly like 1-3% back on your actual spend at store Which is still better than getting back anything but I would suggest they need a better message and training to actually make it work.

Cons

Most store owners cashier don't know how to credit points. Confusing App and Confusing in-store experience. Store Kiosk logs out in 4-5 seconds if you press skip. Most people don't know how to use it and very frustrating experience.
Their Advertising and design needs new people!

Steve

Fivestars brings loyalty programs to all restaurants

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Fivestars allows for enhanced customer experience through customizable loyalty programs.

Pros

For the business owner (not just restaurants), this enables you to incentivize repeat customers without having to set up your own program. The most valuable part of Fivestars is the data that they provide regarding customer visits and spending patterns. It's definitely worth it to provide a discount or free item in exchange for all the repeat business. Fivestars will provide a tablet with an app and you can go ahead and custom the type of deals you want to offer.

Cons

Fivestars relies on the customer providing a telephone number as their UUID. This is quite the security risk and also isn't the best customer experience. They finally have a mobile app now but it's mainly for checking progress and points. It would be best if they setup some type of NFC so that you can just tap to check-in.

Jonathan

Best rewards program out there

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

Rewards programs are an ingenious marketing tool and I think no one does it better than FiveStars. The way users can conveniently "check-in" with their phone number, receive text messages with new offers from FiveStars and earn rewards with points. I really like how mostly local, small business are have offers from FiveStars. It makes it even easier to support them over the large corporate chains, which I enjoy doing.

Cons

My only gripe is losing points due to businesses that switch to a new rewards program or those who have gone out of business, I wish there was a way FiveStars would convert points in these scenarios, so that I don't feel like my loyalty to a certain establishment was for nothing.

Josh
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great Loyalty Software

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

We used to use paper loyalty cards and clients were losing those all the time, so they could never redeem their loyalty points. Also, I was spending a lot of money in new cards because when a client lost a card, they got a new one. This has saved me time and allows the clients to actually get their reward points, which is great! It's offered at a reasonable price as well. I've seen an influx in customer engagement with my loyalty program since I started using fivestars

Pros

Fivestars is an easy to use, great customer loyalty software. Clients can earn reward points each time they come to my business. It gives them an incentive to keep coming back! The promotions you can create are really easy to set up.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about fivestars

Tammy

Fivestar is a must have

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Our experience has been great with Fivestar. The customer service is top notch.

Our experience has been great with Fivestar. The customer service is top notch.

Pros

The Fivestar system is a definite asset for retail businesses. Customers love to get rewarded for shopping and this system makes that easy to do. It is very user friendly to both the customer and the employees.
The ability to send messages via text or email sets this system above all others.

Cons

The only down side to this system, is the monthly fee. There is a base fee plus a charge per usage.

Stacey

Absolutely Worth Looking Into

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

Overall, it's so worth it to download this app.
Get rewarded for where you typically shop or eat!...

Overall, it's so worth it to download this app.
Get rewarded for where you typically shop or eat! Earn points, save for special items or freebies.
Why not earn free things for what you already are buying?!

Pros

I love Fivestars. I enjoy how easy it is to have multiple businesses stored in the app for loyalty reward tracking. It is easy to see visually how many points I have and what rewards I have earned for various businesses I visit. It's quick and simple to find local participating companies and tracked via your cell phone number. I simply provide my number to the company when I'm at checkout to be given my points. It's easy, simple, and free to use as a customer!

Cons

I don't have any recommendations for improving this software or any features I dislike. It works great as is!

Daniel

Get On Board!

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Pros

As a business owner, it is an amazing tool to reach new customers via networking with other businesses.
As a user, great tool to find great deals at businesses you like.

Cons

I would say the only con is finding the time to make it to all the great deals out there!