FiveStars Reviews

FiveStars

Providing Loyalty and Marketing for 14,000 Local Businesses

4.6/5 (1073 reviews)
Alex R.

We been with five stars for over four years now. Minus a few quirks, we'd do it all over again!

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

I cannot stress how valuable a solid email list is. Combine that with selective marketing and Five Stars continues to strive for my business.

Pros

It has been so long that I am really not sure but I think, the box doesn't even come with instructions. It's one of those things that really is that simple. When we first subscribed to the service I was like, what's up with the cost? I love being wrong, I was way wrong. This does the job of three employees and doesn't have "a family emergency" every Sunday. It gets down to the core of marketing. Gather your data base and learn from your customers. We really enjoy being able target specific emails or sms to your allocated groups. If someone hasn't been through your doors in a while. The dang computer sends them a sweet old "come back and see us message on it's own!" Come on!

Cons

Okay, let's talk about it. It's more expensive than some of it's competitors. (After having s few, I'd rather pay the extra.) And dang it guys. Please someone in the IT department schedule updates during non-business hours. Pretty, pretty please.

Landon R.

Software - lacking

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

I want to be able to link to my POS system to automatically redeem points. I am not a fan of entering the rewards into two systems or having to manually enter it into the POS I would prefer it do it automatically or be able to click to redeem them and it syncs to the POS and eliminates the human error of entering the discount wrong.
I also would like more options for sending out notifications to people. There are 6-8 template options but I would like a variety of more or the ability to create my own.
I wish I could post more often as well; once a week sometimes isn't enough for our store. I don't like being restricted at being locked out so I can't push a promo for X days till it opens up again. It forces me to be more strategic hold all my cards for the big event/promo and if it flops than I can't do another push till it clears out...

All in all helps to maintain loyal customers - it doesn't do much to bring in more people and extend your reach but does well and keeping our base.

Pros

its ability to program and push promos to a wide base of people. I like using phone numbers to keep track of points cause then people don't loose them but it also makes you give away more discounts cause no points are lost. Its easy to sign up and people are more willing to participate in the rewards because it is so simple to do

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't sync with my POS and all the rewards have to be entered manually.

Pam S.

Five Stars Loyalty simplified our loyalty program while improving our customer relations

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

can't say that there is anything I don't like about the program. I was able to schedule announcements in advance which saved time. My customers appreciated not having to carry around a plastic or paper punch card. The tablets were easy to set up. Customers responded so well with the program. I am very happy we decided to use FiveStars

Pros

FiveStars not only helped create and maintain our loyalty program, but they also monitor customer interactions to turn a one time shopper in to a loyal customer. It is very user friendly. Customers use a tablet to enter their information and once they're in the system, we can reward them with coupons and incentives to come back to shop. FiveStars monitors how long a customer has been away from the store and allowed us to target certain messages to those customers who hadn't been in the store in a while. We were able to make our customer count stronger and created a sense of urgency with coupons and promotions. It was also beneficial that we could let customers know about upcoming events. I love that FiveStars wants you to be successful. They would call to check in and give useful advice and tips to continue to grow our business through the loyalty program.

Cons

I

Randell Q.

Fivestars Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/24

Fivestars have really given me no issues that have needed any customer service to resolve. Therefore I can’t give any useful info to anyone who possibly had issues with this app over all. All I can say is that if all apps worked this well I would have apps loaded in my phone like I have rounds loaded in my shotgun. May not ever need them but they aren’t hurting anyone by being there, but when u need it, you know it’s going to do what it’s supposed too. Overall best app on my phone yet. In fact just got my first $5.00 savings this Saturday. Let’s keep up the great work guys. Enter your number earn points and get free discounts, no reason for any negativity. Love you guys..

Pros

I like being able to just type in my number and be able to see what my balance is and what promotions are available immediately for use. I also like being texted with all specials and deals that are available at the store with the dates and times that these deals are available. And as long as u click to agree to use those points once texted they are automatically applied to your account at checkout time with no additional info required. It’s like it’s all been saved in there for you, and ready to be used immediately.

Cons

Really there isn’t much I don’t like about the app other than that cloudscape is a ways away from my house. So sometimes these sales are a little far from my home especially during the weekdays when I’m at work. Like they are Monday through Wednesday sales and I’m a plumber and very tired when I get home so to drive all the way there is really quit a drive. Especially the 405 freeway between 3 and 8 pm. So I have no choice but to stay home. I wake up at 3:00 am everyday and I’m bed by 6:30 pm everyday. So I can only go on weekends. Sometimes it sucks that I have to go somewhere else that this cost more to buy, but I’m so tired when I get home, that I have no choice but to go spend my money somewhere closer. I love this cloudscape shop and they have always been very honest, helpful and kind to both my wife and I. Especially since we r new to this whole vaping thing. So that’s all I have negative to say

Amanda R.

Worth The Investment!

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

As a family owned business, we know the importance of customer loyalty. FiveStars allows us to see what motivates our return customers, and to keep track of the customers who are less regular. The set-up was easy. As soon as we received our tablets, a Customer Service person walked us through step-by-step. The software is user friendly, so we were able to implement FiveStars immediately. Their marketing specialists have helped us establish effective rewards and promotions. Technical support has been great too! In addition to their support phone number, FiveStars also has chat and e-mail contacts, which means we can always get an answer to any question we may run into.

Pros

Very user friendly software - Customer support is super!
We run 5 registers at one time, and we are easily able to identify customers at the front counter. After a customer has been in once, we can call them by name as soon as they enter their phone number.

Cons

We have had multiple customers log in with both their home phone and their cell phone numbers, and it would be nice if there was a way for us to merge those two numbers together into one account without having to contact FiveStars each time this happens. It would also be great if their information could communicate directly with our order entry. It isn't a big inconvenience, but that would remove one extra step at the front counter if we didn't have to make entries manually.

Great paperless platform for rewards

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

Fivestars gets rid of the hassle of bringing my rewards cards to the vendor/small business each time I order something. Usually I forget to bring my physical reward card, or lose it.

It'd be cool if users could transfer their stars/rewards to other users through the software (from user to user, not just from company to customer).

Pros

I like that I can easily gain rewards from multiple small businesses that I frequent through the same platform. All of my credit cards and information are tied to the same account, so that if I happen to use a different card, I still will accumulate benefits from the business.

Cons

The layout of the FiveStar software is a bit different at Urban Ritual compared to what I'm used to at other businesses. Finding how many stars I have is more difficult at Urban Ritual, since the screen is crowded with other information such as how many stars it takes to get 'x' reward vs. 'y' reward. It would be nice to highlight how many stars you have vs. how many stars you need for rewards on a uniform graph, such as a progress bar of sorts.

Trey R.

Excellent Loyalty Rewards Program for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

The pros: We are a large consignment clothing store and are fairly new to formal loyalty programs. The Fivestars program has been immensely popular and has definitely resulted in revenue increases. Out flash sales have transformed into buzz-worthy events where, before, they were hardly noticed. We strongly recommend Fivestars if you are looking into a rewards/loyalty program for your small biz. Retention has been very high as reward points/spiffs have become a valuable commodity for our shoppers.

Now for the (minor) cons: There does not seem to be much crossover between our business and others that use Fivestars based upon our anecdotal eveidence. I wish it was more of a local movement. Maybe one day it will be. Also, as far as the technical underpinnings, the API should be exposed to worthy customers (or those willing to pay a modest fee) so that they might integrate it with lesser-known point-of-sale platforms or databases; the company essentially refuses to do this, even though it would benefit both parties. Also, the tablets provided are nice but not without the difficulties associated with wi-fi enabled Android devices. Sometimes they go haywire and we are shut down inexplicably. Let's hope hardware improvements come. ( i'd bet Apple iPads, for instance, would probably provide a huge boost to the overall system reliability.)

Pros

See review.

Cons

See review.

The good and the bad.

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Fivestars is an excellent software that is easy to use and is great for rewarding current clients. You can customize the rewards you give to current clients very easily. The text out feature is also nice to get your current promotions out.

Cons

When you sign up for the program they sell you on the business matching (marketing) for people that are on the app and near your business. You can create specials that pop up when people that use the app are near by. The problem is they don't switch on business matching for you unless you sign up 20 new fivestars members a week. I operate a spa that sees a lot of repeat clients and we don't always have 20 new clients a week which makes it very hard to be able to utilize this part of the service. I think smaller businesses should know this before they pay the big price tag for the hardware and service. Or they should find a way to include smaller businesses more effectively.

J robin E.

easy to use...

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

see previous entry. most experiences have been positive. unexpected loss of accumulated points is almost deceitful.

Pros

from a consumer standpoint, very easy to use. tracks points flawlessly.

Cons

wasted points. when someone drops out of the program & you've been accumulating points towards a special reward, it is beyond frustrating when they drop the program without notice, leaving the consumer without recourse. providers should provide those with accumulated points sufficient notice to use their points (30 days) before the program is dropped from that location. Supercuts left my spouse & myself with enough points amassed for "free" services when they suddenly (and without notice) no longer had a terminal. when you usually get your hair cut every 6 weeks, notifying customers at the terminal would be pointless, advance notification to customers via email or app when a provider like Supercuts is about to drop, allows us enough time to utilize our points. we spent a lot of money getting to that reward level. we should have a chance to use them instead of having them disappear.

Faye Y.

loyalty, simple

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Sending messages to customers to inform them our new promotion, which greatly attracts customers coming back and keep updated with the deals.

Pros

Basically, it works as a loyalty program and at the same time, it offers the function of sending out the message to customers (who joined the FiveStar loyalty program). So we can directly send out the promotion info/deals to the customers and it's no limit of the messages' numbers under the subscription plan. Customers can check their fivestar point and receive the updates from different stores via the fivestar app.

Cons

You are not only paying per month for the subscription plan but also paying extra for every customer FiveStar help you attract them back to your store. Plus, the app and the software sometimes will down due to the technical issue, for example, the free drink voucher cannot be redeemed via the platform.

Tara N.

Lies and then more lies

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Horrible
Their rep made promises and now that he is gone they will not honor anything or even acknowledge my issues

Pros

It is super easy to use, anyone can figure out how to use it from the front or back end

Cons

The representative who signed us up told us it was a year contract. At the end of that year we could cancel, he promised there would be no new charges after the prepaid year. He no longer works for them. Shortly before payroll was due Fivestars pulled $2400 from our account. We had no warning. I called them, they set up a phone appointment. They never showed for two of those phone appointments. I finally spoke with Silvana who told me they would refund the $2400 if and only if I signed a new contract promising to pay them monthly for the next year We did not want to continue the service, but if i didn't sign that, they would not give me the $2400 back. Even after I signed it, it took them over a week to give the money back. It has been 10 months and we received an email stating that we needed to let the know if we don't want to renew next year. We never received that email the first year, but all the same I clicked on the link to let them know there was no way we were renewing. Guess what? They set up a phone interview, you can't cancel on their website. I got the call from them today and I was able to terminate the contract for two months from now, when the 12 month contract i signed under duress expires. But then, she told me we have to mail back the two tablets. I was quite sure we paid for those becuase that's what their rep who signed us up told me. So now we were told we paid for those up front, but we have to send them back, we even have to pay for t

0.0/10
Jessica B.

Pretty Standard, Nothing to Sneeze at.

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Fivestar picks pretty good companies, or vise versa. That gives me the impression there is a good level of trust there, and Vendors that I speak to about it out of curiosity. This is encouraging when giving this sort of feedback. As a consumer/customer, I find it pretty easy to use and easy to navigate!

Pros

This is a pretty neat idea to have as an extra little something when you visit a favorite business of yours or to try something new. I have personally noticed that some “perks” are offered by the business pretty casually, but nice to have them all in one place.

I will say that it is a neat and accurate feature to try out what is in the area. Not ideal too much if you don’t live in an area should you never have a chance to use it continuously, but great for local places.

Cons

This app works rather accurately with what it claims, so no real complaints. I cannot wait to see more places that will jump on and use it.

Kesari F.

Deals made convenient

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

It's always fun walking into an establishment and seeing the FiveStar console, knowing that I am either going to see a new deal and save money, or I am going to contribute to a future deal. I even like the encouragement it gives me to try something new when, say, the deal is "free dessert" and I've never had the dessert at that cafe before! The whole system in general is a really great way to buy and consume products with a little more mental comfort about my wallet and a little more excitement about the fun deals and discounts I'm about to receive!

Cons

My least favorite thing is that the cashier and I see two different screens. I'll see a deal and sometimes they don't acknowledge it and finish my order before I can add it, or add a deal before I've confirmed I want to use it. This mostly depends on the cashier and not the software itself, but it can be frustrating trying to communicate to cashiers that aren't present or listening to my desires when it comes to using my FiveStar points!

Marcus K.

We have increased our customer satisfaction greatly, and easu/

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

customer frequency has increased greatly. Quarterly customers become monthly, and monthly customers become weekly. It adds up quickly. Customers enjoy the rewards programs, because it requires no membership card, and it is easy to redeem rewards.

Pros

Ease of use. My staff required nearly zero training on this product, and the down time for the hardware is less than 1% of our operational time.

Cons

It is a little pricey. That is why I rated it 4 stars for value at cost. But, it is very worth the expense. The question about how often do we use the software does not allow for our actual frequency of use which is closer to "every 5 minutes" than Daily, which was the most frequent response allowed.

Kyle B.

Easy interaction

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

I like the paperless idea for the rewards. Saves me time and money dealing with people who lose thier cards and coupons. I also like that i am able to send different offers to customers who have not been back to our restaurant over a period of time. It gives me the ability go offer these customers whatever i choose and also lets me offer all my customers some offers. The only thing i dislike is when the network isnt strong the tablets lose connection

Pros

Paperless. The offers i can extend to lost customers. And how i can track thier points and visits very easily. They are easy to get ahold of to resolve problems

Cons

The network connection and how it goes down. The charge of the tablets doesnt last very long. Sometimes to many points get added to peoples accounts and i which it had a button asking if ur sure before u add those points. Some people are old and technology is hard for them.

Susie M.

Loyalty Program

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

I signed up with 5 stars to help with repeat traffic in my resale store. It started out pretty good until we needed to make changes to customers accounts. Phone numbers could not be changed by us. Customers were frustrated because some people do change numbers. They ask me to give them name and numbers to be changed and they would do it on their end. Once i gave them the numbers they said it was too many to change.

The system would go down or Freeze on several occasions and every time they would call it was hard to get through and when we did they said the would look in to it and call us back. Most of the time they would never call back.

We would type in a customers phone number and someone else name would come up. Causing confusion.

I have customers complain including my self (business owner) that could not receive emails or text messages. They said they would look in to it. I ended up giving them another email because they didn't know why.

It began to get hard for my employees to call for support because they would be on the phone a very long time for Fivestars to say the cant fix our problem but will look in to it and call back. They would not call back and we would have to start over calling.

This was suppose to help my business, but when customers can not receive the emails, text or change phone numbers, they get mad.

After 2 years of trying to make this work with them i told them i wanted to cancel my service. They ask why i told them to look at my file and see all the problems i have had that they couldn't fix. He looked and said yes he understood. A few days later i got a call from Fivestars saying they think they have fixed most of my problems and they would drop my monthly fee by about $75. At this point i told them i do not trust them and wouldn't use them if it was FREE.

0.0/10
Kerry H.

Five Stars is great for discounts

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I really like that software and ease of use with it, but I can't stand their customer support. I'll be contacted by 3 or 4 people in one week about an issue that one person can handle. They don't seem to have a lot of communication between team members, as well as not being able to just solve simple issues without making a big deal out of it.

Pros

I like that this system integrates with the POS that we already use. This helps a lot when training new employees as it's somewhat simplified. I also do like that I can send out messages whenever I choose to notify our customers of sales/promotions we may be running.

Cons

I don't like that they automatically send texts to our customers to get them back in the store within 30, 60, or 90 days. I don't want my customers to be too overwhelmed with texts from this system.

Courtney M.

This loyalty service has been awesome for our company, brings back tons of repeat customers.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Repeat customers, new customers, happy customers!

Pros

That it keeps encouraging repeat customers to come back. You can provide any type of reward for your customers and all the points/ redemptions are customizable. They come out with software updates and those are automatically installed.

Cons

Sometimes it can be slow, even when it seems that our internet has good connection. However it's hard to be certain if that's their system or ours.

Take your customer loyalty to new heights

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

This product is amazing, it is not available everywhere but will definitely become widely used across all major cities. It makes your business look professional and passionate. They provide the sleek looking tech that customers use to enter their phone number and help is always around the corner when needed. Well worth the money! Social media is a crowded market place and using this to send customers rewards is a great way to add a personal touch. Sure there are other reward platforms out there, but from my experience this is the best yet. It is so simple to keep track, change rewards, upload data and contact your consumer base. If you are still thinking about it, this is me telling you to do it.

Cons

Not available everywhere and the only people you are reaching are the ones that are already customers. There is a feature in the app that you can search other fivestars businesses in the area but since it is still new, this feature is not useful in attracting new customers. Also in order to send SMS it is an extra cost.

Steve K.

Fivestars brings loyalty programs to all restaurants

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Fivestars allows for enhanced customer experience through customizable loyalty programs.

Pros

For the business owner (not just restaurants), this enables you to incentivize repeat customers without having to set up your own program. The most valuable part of Fivestars is the data that they provide regarding customer visits and spending patterns. It's definitely worth it to provide a discount or free item in exchange for all the repeat business. Fivestars will provide a tablet with an app and you can go ahead and custom the type of deals you want to offer.

Cons

Fivestars relies on the customer providing a telephone number as their UUID. This is quite the security risk and also isn't the best customer experience. They finally have a mobile app now but it's mainly for checking progress and points. It would be best if they setup some type of NFC so that you can just tap to check-in.

Jonathan I.

Best rewards program out there

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

Rewards programs are an ingenious marketing tool and I think no one does it better than FiveStars. The way users can conveniently "check-in" with their phone number, receive text messages with new offers from FiveStars and earn rewards with points. I really like how mostly local, small business are have offers from FiveStars. It makes it even easier to support them over the large corporate chains, which I enjoy doing.

Cons

My only gripe is losing points due to businesses that switch to a new rewards program or those who have gone out of business, I wish there was a way FiveStars would convert points in these scenarios, so that I don't feel like my loyalty to a certain establishment was for nothing.

Nadjaliette M.

Props

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

I used Fivestar years ago when I worked at metro pcs and went to college back in 2012. I always told people to download it and it was a great app. I’m glad you guys did a great come back. I love it! Getting more involved! I would love to work as a sponsor.!

Pros

I love that it helps find nearby places that are a part of five star.

Cons

More offers and deals within companies. Maybe a rewards within fivestar.

Josh S.

Great Loyalty Software

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

We used to use paper loyalty cards and clients were losing those all the time, so they could never redeem their loyalty points. Also, I was spending a lot of money in new cards because when a client lost a card, they got a new one. This has saved me time and allows the clients to actually get their reward points, which is great! It's offered at a reasonable price as well. I've seen an influx in customer engagement with my loyalty program since I started using fivestars

Pros

Fivestars is an easy to use, great customer loyalty software. Clients can earn reward points each time they come to my business. It gives them an incentive to keep coming back! The promotions you can create are really easy to set up.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about fivestars

Carla L.

FiveStars at Gelato Paradiso

Reviewed on 2016/10/27

We've been using FS for about 10 months now, at first some our customers complained about giving out their phone number and they refused to do so until they realized we weren't going to bombard them with info and that it was totally worth it to receive deals in addition to the point rewards.

My only complaint is that the tablets haven't been very reliable for us. They constantly disconnect from the internet or stop communicating with each other and we have to troubleshoot them AT LEAST once a day. The chargers are flimsy as well. We've had to order new ones and we're going to be ordering more here soon because one of them broke again already.

I do not know if we will be renewing after a year.

Pros

When it works, it is easy to use.

Cons

There are often connection errors- between device communication AND wifi connection.

Eddie E.

FiveStars Reward Program

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

One of the best decisions that we made at Gauchos Gourmet Market was implementing the FiveStar rewards program. Its a great tool in retaining your clientele and keep them informed of specials that you may have and also a great to communicate any event that you may have. Our clients a very much into the program and they love the discounts that they received with their purchases.

Pros

Its pretty self explanatory and easy to use.