1 201 reviews

1 201 reviews
Phoebe T.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

Not just for your normal businesses.

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

As I mentioned before, Fivestars has enabled me to engage with my clients and their parents without having to make them spend a lot of money for other tutors and learning academies. They are able to enjoy the coupons and rewards while having the feeling that they can trust my abilities in teaching and tutoring. Fivestars has been easy to use and very important to my business.

Pros

I like being able to implement rewards for students that I work with to encourage them to keep on attending tutoring sessions while saving a significant amount of money compared to other starting prices for other private tutors. It is also an incentive for parents or students to push their kids to keep on developing their skills while supporting my own tutoring business.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with this software. I have enjoyed every feature and I am excited for new updates and ways to engage with my clients.

Deanisha H.
Industry: Human Resources

Great Rewards Program that Is Used for Local Businesses

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Overall, Fivestars is a great resource and I would encourage everyone to download it because it is nothing like saving. It doesn't take much time to access and is very easy to use.

Pros

I absolutely love saving money. It doesn't matter how much, but I love saving money. Fivestars helps me do just that. Different businesses use Fivestars to host their rewards program, and you can easily sign up and save big. Two stores that I frequent that use Fivestars is Plato's Closet and Once Upon a Child. Using just your phone number you are able to sign in and keep track of points, access coupons, and view sales or promotions that are occurring in store. I love saving and this app helps me to do just that.

Cons

I have thoroughly enjoyed Fivestars. I have no complaints, but I do wish more businesses would use it. However, overall, it has been great to use.

Tara N.

Lies and then more lies

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Horrible
Their rep made promises and now that he is gone they will not honor anything or even acknowledge my issues

Pros

It is super easy to use, anyone can figure out how to use it from the front or back end

Cons

The representative who signed us up told us it was a year contract. At the end of that year we could cancel, he promised there would be no new charges after the prepaid year. He no longer works for them. Shortly before payroll was due Fivestars pulled $2400 from our account. We had no warning. I called them, they set up a phone appointment. They never showed for two of those phone appointments. I finally spoke with Silvana who told me they would refund the $2400 if and only if I signed a new contract promising to pay them monthly for the next year We did not want to continue the service, but if i didn't sign that, they would not give me the $2400 back. Even after I signed it, it took them over a week to give the money back. It has been 10 months and we received an email stating that we needed to let the know if we don't want to renew next year. We never received that email the first year, but all the same I clicked on the link to let them know there was no way we were renewing. Guess what? They set up a phone interview, you can't cancel on their website. I got the call from them today and I was able to terminate the contract for two months from now, when the 12 month contract i signed under duress expires. But then, she told me we have to mail back the two tablets. I was quite sure we paid for those becuase that's what their rep who signed us up told me. So now we were told we paid for those up front, but we have to send them back, we even have to pay for t

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Nikki N.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

Five star review for five stars

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Benefits: it has helped me get free bottles of ecig juice from a couple different vape and head shops.

Pros

Pros: extremely easy to use and very user friendly. I like that you can customize your account by adding a photo of yourself where you keep track of your points. I really like the point system, too. When your getting close or at a reward, it emails you to let you know. All you do is type in your phone number and bam your points are linked to your account and whatever store your using this at can see your points, photo, and add points the second you sign in with your phone number.

Cons

The least I liked about it is depending on the type of store using it, sometimes it can take awhile to rack up the points.

Melissa P.
Industry: Wholesale

Fivestars Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/03

My overall experience is pleasant, I think Five stars is great because it helps the business owners to gain more attraction/ traffic and the customers point of view is receiving discounts/ bonuses.

Pros

One of the things I love about fivestars is, it is really easy to register. All you have to do is download the application and add you name and phone number. I've gotten many discounts and bonuses from the companies i consume/ purchase from.

Cons

Sometimes its a bit difficult to navigate through the app, simply choosing and finding places where to purchase from.

Stefania M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Not Suitable for My Yoga Business

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Customer support gave me a very difficult time

Pros

I did not like anything most—the only appeal that drew me in was the text message feature

Cons

Cumbersome — I have MINDBODY online software and it does not integrate with it directly

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Ericka M.
Industry: Medical Devices

FIVESTAR

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Overall I have enjoyed using the Fivestar rewards program and have encouraged many others to sign up as well.

Pros

I like that you can earn points or rewards for purchases at multiple retailers. I like that you get points for every $ that you spend and the rewards are easy to access.

Cons

There really hasn't been anything that I didnt like about the rewards program. No complaints so far.

Stephanie D.
Industry: Education Management

LOVE Fivestars

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

I enjoy having all of my "deals" to my favorite places in one location.

Pros

I love how Fivestars sends all the latest deals straight to my phone, making it easy to use, find my deals, and remember what I have.

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like so far about Fivestars. I appreciate everything that it offers.

Aline N.
Industry: Media Production

My memory in the palm of my hand

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Pros

With Fiverstars completely changed my daily life as a businesswoman, because I manage everything through fiverstars, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, contracts, rents and all things related to the financial life of a company, fiverstars is simple to use and makes it much easier as it can be used on the smartphone.

Cons

I have no criticisms to make as it meets my needs.

Elaina S.
Industry: E-Learning

Rewards in one place

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Overall Fivestars is nice and easy to use because it’s through your phone number.

Pros

I have a fivestar account for once upon a child and a local icecream shop. I like that it keeps track of my rewards for both in one place. I also like that it alerts me about deals. It’s all linked through my phone number.

Cons

I wish there were more companies who used it. That way they could all be in one place. Now it’s just another rewards program.

Alex R.
Industry: Retail

We been with five stars for over four years now. Minus a few quirks, we'd do it all over again!

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

I cannot stress how valuable a solid email list is. Combine that with selective marketing and Five Stars continues to strive for my business.

Pros

It has been so long that I am really not sure but I think, the box doesn't even come with instructions. It's one of those things that really is that simple. When we first subscribed to the service I was like, what's up with the cost? I love being wrong, I was way wrong. This does the job of three employees and doesn't have "a family emergency" every Sunday. It gets down to the core of marketing. Gather your data base and learn from your customers. We really enjoy being able target specific emails or sms to your allocated groups. If someone hasn't been through your doors in a while. The dang computer sends them a sweet old "come back and see us message on it's own!" Come on!

Cons

Okay, let's talk about it. It's more expensive than some of it's competitors. (After having s few, I'd rather pay the extra.) And dang it guys. Please someone in the IT department schedule updates during non-business hours. Pretty, pretty please.

Landon R.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Software - lacking

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

I want to be able to link to my POS system to automatically redeem points. I am not a fan of entering the rewards into two systems or having to manually enter it into the POS I would prefer it do it automatically or be able to click to redeem them and it syncs to the POS and eliminates the human error of entering the discount wrong.
I also would like more options for sending out notifications to people. There are 6-8 template options but I would like a variety of more or the ability to create my own.
I wish I could post more often as well; once a week sometimes isn't enough for our store. I don't like being restricted at being locked out so I can't push a promo for X days till it opens up again. It forces me to be more strategic hold all my cards for the big event/promo and if it flops than I can't do another push till it clears out...

All in all helps to maintain loyal customers - it doesn't do much to bring in more people and extend your reach but does well and keeping our base.

Pros

its ability to program and push promos to a wide base of people. I like using phone numbers to keep track of points cause then people don't loose them but it also makes you give away more discounts cause no points are lost. Its easy to sign up and people are more willing to participate in the rewards because it is so simple to do

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't sync with my POS and all the rewards have to be entered manually.

Pam S.

Five Stars Loyalty simplified our loyalty program while improving our customer relations

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

can't say that there is anything I don't like about the program. I was able to schedule announcements in advance which saved time. My customers appreciated not having to carry around a plastic or paper punch card. The tablets were easy to set up. Customers responded so well with the program. I am very happy we decided to use FiveStars

Pros

FiveStars not only helped create and maintain our loyalty program, but they also monitor customer interactions to turn a one time shopper in to a loyal customer. It is very user friendly. Customers use a tablet to enter their information and once they're in the system, we can reward them with coupons and incentives to come back to shop. FiveStars monitors how long a customer has been away from the store and allowed us to target certain messages to those customers who hadn't been in the store in a while. We were able to make our customer count stronger and created a sense of urgency with coupons and promotions. It was also beneficial that we could let customers know about upcoming events. I love that FiveStars wants you to be successful. They would call to check in and give useful advice and tips to continue to grow our business through the loyalty program.

Cons

I

Mohamed B.
Industry: Entertainment

Love local fivestar drive my business

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

I use Fivestars at Hideout, for calculating daily sales, use it as a tool for marketing and drive the sales thought multiple dimensions.

Pros

Loyalty program, low cost and convenience

Cons

No yet has the customer pay by phone option.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Randell Q.
Industry: Construction

Fivestars Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/24

Fivestars have really given me no issues that have needed any customer service to resolve. Therefore I can’t give any useful info to anyone who possibly had issues with this app over all. All I can say is that if all apps worked this well I would have apps loaded in my phone like I have rounds loaded in my shotgun. May not ever need them but they aren’t hurting anyone by being there, but when u need it, you know it’s going to do what it’s supposed too. Overall best app on my phone yet. In fact just got my first $5.00 savings this Saturday. Let’s keep up the great work guys. Enter your number earn points and get free discounts, no reason for any negativity. Love you guys..

Pros

I like being able to just type in my number and be able to see what my balance is and what promotions are available immediately for use. I also like being texted with all specials and deals that are available at the store with the dates and times that these deals are available. And as long as u click to agree to use those points once texted they are automatically applied to your account at checkout time with no additional info required. It’s like it’s all been saved in there for you, and ready to be used immediately.

Cons

Really there isn’t much I don’t like about the app other than that cloudscape is a ways away from my house. So sometimes these sales are a little far from my home especially during the weekdays when I’m at work. Like they are Monday through Wednesday sales and I’m a plumber and very tired when I get home so to drive all the way there is really quit a drive. Especially the 405 freeway between 3 and 8 pm. So I have no choice but to stay home. I wake up at 3:00 am everyday and I’m bed by 6:30 pm everyday. So I can only go on weekends. Sometimes it sucks that I have to go somewhere else that this cost more to buy, but I’m so tired when I get home, that I have no choice but to go spend my money somewhere closer. I love this cloudscape shop and they have always been very honest, helpful and kind to both my wife and I. Especially since we r new to this whole vaping thing. So that’s all I have negative to say

Amanda R.

Worth The Investment!

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

As a family owned business, we know the importance of customer loyalty. FiveStars allows us to see what motivates our return customers, and to keep track of the customers who are less regular. The set-up was easy. As soon as we received our tablets, a Customer Service person walked us through step-by-step. The software is user friendly, so we were able to implement FiveStars immediately. Their marketing specialists have helped us establish effective rewards and promotions. Technical support has been great too! In addition to their support phone number, FiveStars also has chat and e-mail contacts, which means we can always get an answer to any question we may run into.

Pros

Very user friendly software - Customer support is super!
We run 5 registers at one time, and we are easily able to identify customers at the front counter. After a customer has been in once, we can call them by name as soon as they enter their phone number.

Cons

We have had multiple customers log in with both their home phone and their cell phone numbers, and it would be nice if there was a way for us to merge those two numbers together into one account without having to contact FiveStars each time this happens. It would also be great if their information could communicate directly with our order entry. It isn't a big inconvenience, but that would remove one extra step at the front counter if we didn't have to make entries manually.

Industry: Research
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great paperless platform for rewards

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

Fivestars gets rid of the hassle of bringing my rewards cards to the vendor/small business each time I order something. Usually I forget to bring my physical reward card, or lose it.

It'd be cool if users could transfer their stars/rewards to other users through the software (from user to user, not just from company to customer).

Pros

I like that I can easily gain rewards from multiple small businesses that I frequent through the same platform. All of my credit cards and information are tied to the same account, so that if I happen to use a different card, I still will accumulate benefits from the business.

Cons

The layout of the FiveStar software is a bit different at Urban Ritual compared to what I'm used to at other businesses. Finding how many stars I have is more difficult at Urban Ritual, since the screen is crowded with other information such as how many stars it takes to get 'x' reward vs. 'y' reward. It would be nice to highlight how many stars you have vs. how many stars you need for rewards on a uniform graph, such as a progress bar of sorts.

Trey R.

Excellent Loyalty Rewards Program for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

The pros: We are a large consignment clothing store and are fairly new to formal loyalty programs. The Fivestars program has been immensely popular and has definitely resulted in revenue increases. Out flash sales have transformed into buzz-worthy events where, before, they were hardly noticed. We strongly recommend Fivestars if you are looking into a rewards/loyalty program for your small biz. Retention has been very high as reward points/spiffs have become a valuable commodity for our shoppers.

Now for the (minor) cons: There does not seem to be much crossover between our business and others that use Fivestars based upon our anecdotal eveidence. I wish it was more of a local movement. Maybe one day it will be. Also, as far as the technical underpinnings, the API should be exposed to worthy customers (or those willing to pay a modest fee) so that they might integrate it with lesser-known point-of-sale platforms or databases; the company essentially refuses to do this, even though it would benefit both parties. Also, the tablets provided are nice but not without the difficulties associated with wi-fi enabled Android devices. Sometimes they go haywire and we are shut down inexplicably. Let's hope hardware improvements come. ( i'd bet Apple iPads, for instance, would probably provide a huge boost to the overall system reliability.)

Pros

See review.

Cons

See review.

The good and the bad.

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Fivestars is an excellent software that is easy to use and is great for rewarding current clients. You can customize the rewards you give to current clients very easily. The text out feature is also nice to get your current promotions out.

Cons

When you sign up for the program they sell you on the business matching (marketing) for people that are on the app and near your business. You can create specials that pop up when people that use the app are near by. The problem is they don't switch on business matching for you unless you sign up 20 new fivestars members a week. I operate a spa that sees a lot of repeat clients and we don't always have 20 new clients a week which makes it very hard to be able to utilize this part of the service. I think smaller businesses should know this before they pay the big price tag for the hardware and service. Or they should find a way to include smaller businesses more effectively.

J robin E.

easy to use...

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

see previous entry. most experiences have been positive. unexpected loss of accumulated points is almost deceitful.

Pros

from a consumer standpoint, very easy to use. tracks points flawlessly.

Cons

wasted points. when someone drops out of the program & you've been accumulating points towards a special reward, it is beyond frustrating when they drop the program without notice, leaving the consumer without recourse. providers should provide those with accumulated points sufficient notice to use their points (30 days) before the program is dropped from that location. Supercuts left my spouse & myself with enough points amassed for "free" services when they suddenly (and without notice) no longer had a terminal. when you usually get your hair cut every 6 weeks, notifying customers at the terminal would be pointless, advance notification to customers via email or app when a provider like Supercuts is about to drop, allows us enough time to utilize our points. we spent a lot of money getting to that reward level. we should have a chance to use them instead of having them disappear.

Faye Y.

loyalty, simple

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Sending messages to customers to inform them our new promotion, which greatly attracts customers coming back and keep updated with the deals.

Pros

Basically, it works as a loyalty program and at the same time, it offers the function of sending out the message to customers (who joined the FiveStar loyalty program). So we can directly send out the promotion info/deals to the customers and it's no limit of the messages' numbers under the subscription plan. Customers can check their fivestar point and receive the updates from different stores via the fivestar app.

Cons

You are not only paying per month for the subscription plan but also paying extra for every customer FiveStar help you attract them back to your store. Plus, the app and the software sometimes will down due to the technical issue, for example, the free drink voucher cannot be redeemed via the platform.

Nipuna R.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Customer loyalty with STARS

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Fivestar is an user friendly program which helps to keep update with customers. Help to build loyal customers by sending them messages to inform about new promotion and keep updated them with the deals.

Pros

This is simple and user-friendly as well as it is customizable. Super customer service. It helps to get critical customer data.

Cons

Its SOMETIMES hard to reach customer support quickly.

Stephanie F.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Five stars system review

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/01/10

My overall experience with Fivestar has been amazing. At Christmas I found myself going to stores I knew had Fivestar, so I could earn check-ins and points for my purchases. I now have a text from one of my favorite stores on their upcoming big sale, AND a $5 off that I can use on my next visit - just for shopping at a place I was going to most likely go to no matter what, but with this system they can have the reassurance I will be back :) It’s a win win in my book. Great idea, and all businesses should have a Fivestar machine at checkout.

Pros

I love that I can go into one of my favorite stores, be able to type my phone number in, and earn points for shopping at a place I was going to anyways. Earning points and check-ins that reward me in time with money will make anyone smile.

Cons

I honestly can’t say I have found anything wrong so far with this software itself. I do wish sometimes I would be reminded to make sure I put my phone number in by the store clerk themselves, but that is in no way the fault of the Fivestar service system.

Jessica B.
Industry: Education Management

Pretty Standard, Nothing to Sneeze at.

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Fivestar picks pretty good companies, or vise versa. That gives me the impression there is a good level of trust there, and Vendors that I speak to about it out of curiosity. This is encouraging when giving this sort of feedback. As a consumer/customer, I find it pretty easy to use and easy to navigate!

Pros

This is a pretty neat idea to have as an extra little something when you visit a favorite business of yours or to try something new. I have personally noticed that some “perks” are offered by the business pretty casually, but nice to have them all in one place.

I will say that it is a neat and accurate feature to try out what is in the area. Not ideal too much if you don’t live in an area should you never have a chance to use it continuously, but great for local places.

Cons

This app works rather accurately with what it claims, so no real complaints. I cannot wait to see more places that will jump on and use it.

Kesari F.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Deals made convenient

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

It's always fun walking into an establishment and seeing the FiveStar console, knowing that I am either going to see a new deal and save money, or I am going to contribute to a future deal. I even like the encouragement it gives me to try something new when, say, the deal is "free dessert" and I've never had the dessert at that cafe before! The whole system in general is a really great way to buy and consume products with a little more mental comfort about my wallet and a little more excitement about the fun deals and discounts I'm about to receive!

Cons

My least favorite thing is that the cashier and I see two different screens. I'll see a deal and sometimes they don't acknowledge it and finish my order before I can add it, or add a deal before I've confirmed I want to use it. This mostly depends on the cashier and not the software itself, but it can be frustrating trying to communicate to cashiers that aren't present or listening to my desires when it comes to using my FiveStar points!