SilkRoad Performance

Randy S.

Silkroad Performance

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

We use Silkroad Performance for our annual review process. It breaks it down by our designated objectives. When the beginning of the year starts, we input our objectives for the year. For mid-year review, we rate how we are doing versus those objectives. We can alter or change them if necessary. Then at year end, our manager can input his review and ours. That gives us an overview to discuss how the employee did at the end of the year. It will send an email when items are due to enter into the system. It works pretty well for us.

Cons

Some of the categories we use are not very helpful. I don't think that is a system limitation, but a limitation of our creativity and how we are using it.

Sarah H.
Industry: Medical Practice

Accurate performance tracking

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Easy documentation of employee progress and goal setting.

Pros

I love the journal feature! I was able to document daily my personal progress as well as my personal struggles throughout the year. I was able to view all my journal entries at the end of the year and read about my progress, and so could my supervisor. Not only can you document your progress in the journal, but through your goal setting. I love to set goals, and this is a very easy way to track them and stay honest with myself about if I've actually met them or not. I liked the detail of the employee review, which I'm sure has customization for the users needs. I was able to go through it and honestly document how I think my job performance is going. The system keeps records of all your past reviews from both yourself and your manager.

Cons

Sometimes there is an issue with goal setting. Only administrators can edit the goals once they are set, which doesn't allow much room for mistakes. I wish that there were more features that were changeable from a user standpoint, not just the administrators.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Connor N.
Industry: Financial Services

Great tool!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Pros

I have been using silkroad for our review process. It helps us figure out whether our employees have been able to produce and hit their goals.

Cons

Nothing, I think it is really great software.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Randy S.

Wingspan - job performance review

Reviewed on 2016/10/28

I'm not a big fan of WingSpan, but that might be because of our organization. WingSpan gives us a space to create our objectives for the year or quarter. Then at mid-year and end of the year, we can track our progress towards those objectives. We must create 3 to 5 objectives and then track our progress throughout the year. Once we have our objectives created, our manager will be able to see them and approve them or ask to change certain parts about them. These documented objectives will go to HR and be part of our goals for the year. Entering the information is not difficult, neither is sending them onto your manager. Having all your objectives in one place is great. That way you don't have to try and find them as your progress throughout the year. A lot of time and energy needs to go to this information - WingSpan looks very vanilla, but maybe it's our organization. It gets the job done, but not a lot of bells and whistles or even anything to make it interesting or not so plain looking.