Phorest

Salon software for loyalty management

Vi D.

It is a good software, easy to use and quick.

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Pros

I like that everything is easy to find. Big buttons, does what it says on the tin really. Easy to input data, maybe too easy that people just don't input anything else apart from name, tel and email and still saves it? I like the email functionality which is free, SMS functionality but it is paid. Also can link to social media, which is good for salons with less than 3 branches (easier to manage the content).

Cons

Reports are not as easy to do, if you do not want the standard stuff. I would personally improve that bit and make clever reports. Also, I would prefer the app to be improved as it looks very dated and old and it is not as personalised as you would need. Additionally, push notifications on the app for appointment reminders should come as standard and at the moment this function is not available. Everyone does push notifications, even for pushing content on blogs and social media.

Harpreet S.

Good Software but it can be better

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Pros

easy to use , one of the best software in the market , support team is great , cost effective , upgrade with new feature and improvement is always a plus .

Cons

few general things are missing , it is always good to wok on big improvements but its also important to work on few general things too
for example Paymentmate software from phorest needs to be released
Please bring reprint receipt option on appointment page
Please add currency calculater on cash up
user voice needs to be redesign

Petch C.

Friendly helpful knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed on 2017/06/23

Clarity of the daily business conducted in the shops. Staff usage, sales, cash in store. It's all there to view.

Pros

Simple to use and very functional. The reports are great and save a lot of time at month end. I love the fact I can now access all the branches through the app. This is a major step forward for any business owner or manager.

Cons

Cloud based so reliant on internet connection. Internet goes down and we can't process sales. Not good.

David O.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2017/09/02

Pros

First of all let me make it very clear that this software is the BEST in the market... everything about it is easy to use, the best support team I've ever come across. I'd compare the support team experience to Amazone's or PayPal's customer service. There's nothing wrong with the software whatsoever but minor issues that I'd put it down in Cons section.

Pat H.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I have only been using the software for a week now and already I am noticing big changes to my...

Reviewed on 2017/08/14

This software has given me control of my salon as I don't work in the salon, I know what is going on and able to keep on top of my business.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate around, the various colours kinda personalise the calendar but still makes it very user friendly. I did not margin for the ongoing training offered by Phorest at my convenience , I expected to be able to get hold of someone when I want for any issues that I come across and I have not been disappointed thus far. I was a little dubious about the monthly price of the software package but now I am seeing that its good value for my hard earn cash. I hope this continue but so far I have no reason to think otherwise. I am looking forward to a long and prosperous working relationship with Phorest. Phorest you rock.

Chris C.

The Crem de la Crem of Salon Software

Reviewed on 2015/03/01

Overall Impression:
I have been a customer of Phorest for the past 4 years, over that time I've seen the software improve and evolve with the needs of busy salon owners. The owners of the company and all of the staff have a real passion for the product, and invest heavily in their time and expertise with any issue Salon Owners have.

For the Salon Owners who really want to take control of the day to day running of the salon and have ambitious plans to grow then Phorest is a worth while investment.

Also know that Ronan and his team are not sitting at home enjoying there product, they are innovating and improving on a regular basis.

Pros - Cloud Based, Support is excellent, they offer outstanding training and customer service, they listen to their customers with User Voice, and they genuinely care about your business. Business Blogs with Guest speakers is great.

Cons - It's hard to find a con, I look at the software with 2 eyes, from a Salon owner who uses it and a Salon Owner Accountant who recommends it. If I have a con I know I can send an Email to Ronan, and we will discuss it, usually find a solution within the software it's self or we'll start to work on it implementing improvements.

Kerry L.

So easy from start to install.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Eases the pressure on the reception desk.

Pros

I am now part time after having a baby so installing this software will make my life so much easier. I feel that i will be able to manage the salon a lot easier from a distance. It also eases the pressure on the reception desk. Clients able to book 24/7.

Cons

Haven't found anything to dislike yet. We are going live in August but i have every faith in Phorest that the system is going to run smoothly. From the contact i have had so far with Phydos & Colette i am confident in this.

Jessica M.

Marketing great actual appointment booking not so great.

Reviewed on 2016/07/04

Luke was the only one who actually helped with the nightmare that is your company. I realize new software takes time and a learning curve but this experiance has been a nightmare. What was supposed to be my go live date came and went we are not live as you said but you had the audacity to charge me none the less. When I called to see what was going on the phone numbers for technical support were disconnected, leaving me to scramble and email everyone who has ever emailed me of the 7 emails only one man got back to me and only after 2 hrs. When I paid for set up fee I expected my system set up especially after I answered the long detailed questionnaire you had me fill out. Problems are still not fixed and no end in sight.

Pros

Marketing is the only strong point

Cons

When you make an appointment and then change the timing of the first service any services after don't update thier time so you have to delete the services and then add them back in this is a problem in witch a few lines of code in your software could fix this. This would be a better use of an update then more marketing especially if you want to be compared to stx, millennium and salon iris.

Response from Phorest Salon Software

Hi Jessica,

I'm so sorry you've had that experience! I've contacted our operations team and they have advised me that the team have already spoken to you and the situation is now resolved.

Should you need anything else at all please don't hesitate to contact us!

Many thanks,
Alex

Kate V.

Need some work. But good so far.

Reviewed on 2016/07/31

Phorest is great in may ways but there still some functionality that needs more work. Like able to print out GC template on site or email one to client.

Pros

Love the marketing tools. Email function.

Cons

No GC sale template. Refund function.. Can't add tip after sale transaction.

Michal B.

Pretty easy to follow. Great team to deal with

Reviewed on 2017/11/23

Pros

Nice and easy to use. Does a lot of things for you. Help to run a busy salon. Compare to I-Salon System it has much wider offer of things it does. Really like the features. Very clear to read.

Cons

I just would add possibility of popping out alert for each online booking appointment like "please contact the salon" for particular service if the service can not be booked with the app.

Brenda M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

We have only been using Phorest for a few days at this point. So far so good!

Reviewed on 2017/07/29

I have been able to move from a software what was not nearly as user friendly. It's like combing advertising with your pos system.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Common sense approach, easy to find your way around. I like the layout and the color coding. I love the social media being tied to the software to help boost client interaction. The automatic text reminders are nice.

Cons

A lot of my information did not transfer over from my old Millinneum system. My product line, my client account balances. I would like to have the option to send single text reminders when the occasion calls for it.

Bernadette B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Sometimes you can see the Phorest for the trees

Reviewed on 2016/07/20

I'm sure in the future I would rate much higher. As we are new to the phorest family I am still only learning to use all of its features. My online hour with Susan was so constructive. I rate that highest of all. I am really looking forward to learning to use it better.

Pros

I love the personal touch. Simple thinks like seeing images of my staff on the screen, makes it a happier screen in a corny way.

Cons

Nothing really. I suppose only that it is new and scary to me at the moment

Andreas A.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

Every time i call I get amazing service and honestly have never had a bad experience. Every member of staff is so polite and that in itself is enough for me to recommend Phorest Softwere.

Pros

It's easy to use and they really have thought of everything when it comes to my customers.
Marketing, cashing up, online booking and so so much more.

Cons

Can't say there is anything I don't like to be honest.
It doesn't have a deliver me a coffee button lol.

Sarah A.

I've only had Phorest for 2 days and I'm in love!

Reviewed on 2015/10/15

Before I had Phorest, I subscribed the blog - it is always so useful, and was basically a weekly reminder to me about how much the Salon System that I was using at the time lacked!
This system is SO easy to use, and the help feature is great, so I can find things out for myself, the step by step instructions are absolutely brilliant.
I think it's phenomenal that my staff and I can do online training, and that it is interactive. I just completed the Treat Cards training and I had a few questions though out the training which were answered instantly, as I could ask the trainer as we went along.
I've logged a call today to change something that was set up, and had my issue fixed within a matter of minutes.
I can't wait to get started with the Marketing Tools, as I can see already what a positive impact it will have on my salon.
All I'm doing is kicking myself for not getting Phorest sooner than I did.
Happy days going forward!

Graeme michael A.

I'm a phorest newbie!

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Well, I've only had my phorest training today. And I know there will be teething issues. But, you know what? I don't think it's going to be a problem! I've come over from isalon. And I can tell you... it's already feeling so much more intuitive using phorest. And, I can honestly say. I feel completely confident in phorest's support will fix any issues we experience.

Pros

Professional, Intuitive, attractive, slick and easy looking!

Cons

A couple of slightly quicker "short cuts" that would make life a little easier.

Davida C.

Great experience, very helpful and we got alot of information, a very positive experience. ...

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

It's great for holding all of our clients information, which gives us easy access to everything we need to know at the touch of a bottom. It makes booking appointments much easier and stress free. Everything is organised and set out for us which takes alot of work off us so we can spend the time concentrating on our client's. The support team are amazing and it's great to know we always have that support if we have any problems or queries.

Neelam G.

Phorest is The Best!

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

I have my Master's in information technology and knew what I was looking for. I searched for more than 6 months before deciding on Phorest. This was the best decision that I can ever make. I was little hesitant to sign up for Phorest since they are based in Ireland. But it didn't take me long to convince myself that this is the best software, company, and the team that I could pick. Team at Phorest is beyond professional and their support is seamless. Always ready to train and their willingness to help with any issues is very admirable. Apart from all, I love their team's soft spoken courteous accent.
All in all, I will highly recommend this company to anyone who has doubts about it. I am writing this review from my heart and not that someone told me. Send me a message and I will help you change your mind.

Pros

Everything. Very easy to use and very friendly. Has everything that you need to run your business.

Cons

I would like to see the help guide build into the software.

Jesse M.

Really good so far!

Reviewed on 2018/01/06

User friendly

Pros

So much easier to find your way around - soooo user friendly! Customer support is amazing - they are so friendly and get back to you ASAP. Almost everything I need and the training was great!

Cons

just a couple thing - wish having 1 person pay for 2 different people was easier (we have a lot of families) Also wish there was a 3 segment timing structure (Start - Gap - Finish)

David H.

Customer Service

Reviewed on 2015/03/12

Unfortunately like most people I'm quick to criticize and moan and slow to praise, so this makes a pleasant change.

Our computer for what ever reason broke down Friday afternoon. From the original call by me to the follow up care calls by your staff the manner was exemplary.

After advice we decided to carry on with the iPad which filled in amazingly well, doing end of day on my home screen.

Jeff Robbins came out to help us today installing a new machine, to keep or otherwise dependent on the original. Again it was a seamless service Jeff being very aware that he was in the middle of a busy salon.

Whatever the outcome with the machines, it has been in the circumstance a very gratifying experience. And you should be as I am sure you are, proud of your team!

Kou H.

New to Phorest they have been super helpful so far!

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

Pros

Easy to understand, hopefully boost the business, app is a great extra feature, able to use on many devices and check on the business at any time, training is great for the whole team

Cons

Commissions still need to be done separately which could included on the software to make a more well rounded product

Helen G.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Early days but feeling very positive about the future with Phorest

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

The system has just been installed today. Rep did an amazing job of teaching us. He was very engaging with all our staff, very sincere and added an element of fun to the day.
Before today's trading I was imagining that I may be feeling overwhelmed at the end of the day but I am actually feeling quite confident about using the who,e system, everything seems very clear.

Pros

The ease of use

Cons

It's expensive

Sinead S.

Makes Life Easier

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

I am delighted I purchased Phorest Software. I must say customer service is excellent. Phorest is very useful in keeping track with past and present customers that's why I know this will be a wise purchase to my business. I look forward to seeing how much my business will grow this year.
Thanks to all of you for making this possible.

Pros

Marketing
Bookings
Everything

Cons

Nothing

Debbie G.

Absolutley Brilliant

Reviewed on 2015/03/19

The Phorest system is a must for anyone who want's to run their salon well.
It's so easy and simple to use, and the support function Phorest offers is just brilliant, they'll always get back to you so quickly!

Like anything the more info you put in the better the results will be when running reports etc.
There is every type of report you could wish for , and this systems helps when pulling off info for the account! Absolutely brilliant!

the general appointment booking screen is so easy to pick up without having to be too tech savvy!
Phorest have even developed an APP for us, so our clients can book online!

Cannot rate it highly enough - we LOVE it!

Roberto S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Verde Salon

Reviewed on 2017/03/29

Haven't opened yet however the support in getting the software up and running has been spectacular. Great team at Phorest!

Pros

Functionality, ease of use, support

Cons

One report i would like to see implemented is a projection report that tells you how much the salon and stylists are projected to make for any period of time.

Sharnette A.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

my phorest salon software

Reviewed on 2016/09/06

wish I had this years ago. i am so excited and cannot wait for my clients to start using our online bookings.
my life is changing in a Good way. Thank you to Phorest Software

Pros

ease of use. client retention..advertising..stock. end of day takings...whats not to like.
i love it all

Cons

i cant say. whats not to like