Phorest

4,8 (356)
Salon software for loyalty management

Omar E.

Phorest is the best option on the market

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Our salon has 4 locations, and operate in two different provinces. With Phorest, we are able to track all 4 locations from anywhere we have the software installed. This allows our management team to make reports and help with any booking/sales issues our receptionists may have. We've found the marketing tools to be very helpful to send our clients promotions, and newsletters.

Pros

- Easy multi-location implementation and support.
- Consistent updates that continue to improve the software.
- Meets all of our booking and POS needs.
- Includes an excellent built-in rewards/points system, that has customizable features.
- Very comprehensive reports that make it easy to track the performance of the business, as well as, track the personal performance of each employee, allowing the management to set goals with employees and track their progress.
- Online booking system works seamlessly with Phorest's application and works with our business website/facebook page.
- Reasonable pricing.

Cons

- We wish the reviews could be listed directly as a Facebook review instead of something we have to post ourselves on our business page wall.
- We also hope to see a better system for employee categories in the near future. If I want to change the price on one service an employee does, I have to create a new category for them specifically, and there is no way to copy and past the old category. It makes a 1 second change into a 15-20 minute ordeal.

Emma H.

Implementing Phorest has been an excellent experience , so motivating, engaging & profession...

Reviewed on 2017/10/28

Phorest provides everything you need for Cilent engagement and retention including email/SMS marketing; and a loyalty program via automated reach out to clients who are in danger of lapsing plus full social media integration. In addition, I can effortlessly manage appointments, stock, rosters plus get a suite of reports on all areas of my clinic

Pros

I had researched various clinic software , but Phorest to date has exceeded my expectations . To highlight my favourite feature ,the software simplifies Cilent engagement & retention , in a way clients feel valued & special - text emails etc . This automated reach out to Cilents is such a time saving feature. I do like the loyalty scheme feature this I feel will support further growth together with the intervertebral social media marketing . I like that the software has centralised stock ,staff Cilent and clinic management . The stock management feature is an excellent tool to save time in creating orders plus provides me with a suite of reports on all areas of your my clinic . The Phorest Go app is very useful & when I was setting up the Phorest team gave me lots of useful easy tips to ensure I receive and utilise all its key features . I starting the wonder how we managed before we installed Phorest !

Cons

One feature that is missing but I am aware it's a work in progress is Cilent consultation sheets , consent forms . & the storage of notes , Phorest is an excellent piece of soft ware but it does tend to be more salon orientated but I feel Phorest recognise the need to incorporate a support package more suitable to clinic . The training sessions I feel would be much more beneficial in smaller groups .
With Phorest there does appear to be a lot of add ons to your original purchase price and monthly fee but hopefully as phorest's software encourages growth & Cilent retention these will be an investment .

Monique T.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Poor customer care

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

As of 2019 my experience is horrific. There is nothing I like about this software anymore. I would rather go back to salon iris. I just wish they were cloud base.

Pros

Client management
Client connect
Email marketing

Cons

US customer support is awful! Absolutely terrible. When they were in Ireland it was amazing. I can’t wait to leave as I have tried to communicate with their teams for months but still nothing has gotten better.
Software doesn’t have you tube tutorials to help problem solve many features are not easy to find or use.
When a client is a no show and you collect the deposit it goes to your billing and not to your bank account. That’s just ridiculous.

Vagaro

Reasons for Choosing Phorest

Because Phorest was compatible with apple products.

DaySmart Salon

Reasons for Switching to Phorest

They had good reviews
Amy L.

The best software ever!

Reviewed on 2016/08/16

Always brilliant, always efficient and never disappointed.
The system really is way ahead of any others on the market. It offers everything a business in the beauty industry would need and more.

Pros

The ease of it and the reporting is excellent.
It is a simple, yet really efficient system, and does everything I need for my business. I like the fact that the brand is honest, and doesn't rip people off to get a decent system, yet offers payment programmes to enable a business to be able to afford the best system within the industry. Everything about it is brilliant.

Cons

Nothing really. Cant say I have got any cons. Anything I have suggested or requested on user voice has been implemented. The only thing I have ever found disappointing, was the tone of whoever was responding on user voice. They seemed more technical than customer focused, and came across rude and actually a bit obnoxious in their replies, which is very unlike the Phorest communication you normally give.

Naoise F.

It's very "blonde" Friendly

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

Pros

It is a very straight forward to use and most definitely better/easier than any other system I used over the years. The team are so friendly /helpful.. you can be very tired at the end of a 10-12 hour day and maybe your cash up isn't going to plan. I've called the support team with such silly questions, if I can't figure out something from pure tiredness and I'm always treated with such politeness/and I'm not felt in any way that I have annoyed anyone.
I also love all the reports, available to me. Just to be able to see how some staff are doing or product sales or overall takings..

Cons

I'd love to see more of an easier approach to showing if the client was new or old when they check in, and also if they have had a patch test with us or not, especially for hd brows and waxing. (I'm saying that maybe there is something that's as clear as day but I've just never been shown how to do this)

Jackie H.

Bowled over by this system after 23 yrs of pencil & paper bookings. Glad I made the leap to...

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Professionalism and accuracy along with lots of feature just starting to enjoy.

Pros

The speed I can make bookings and changes. Clear, straight forward screens, easily understandable and visible. Great marketing features which I know will bring big changes to our salon. Great staff reports showing clear results of sales, targets and utilisation - a real help for one-to-ones. Appointment reminders and email marketing are a great feature which I am enjoing learning to use. Can wait for all the positive changes Phorest will bring our salon.

Cons

One or two niggly things on the screen but all about personal preference. I'd like a time scale on both sides of the page, and the hours to be shown in bold with the quarter past half past and quarter to in normal size. When I make a few selections of treatments for a client and she changes her mind the timings don't automatically bunch together - for example if the client selected an hour treatment followed by a half hour treatment the system would say book 3pm for the first and 4 pm for the second, but if the client then changed her mind with the first treatment and changed it to a half hour treatment the system keeps 3pm for the first appointment but leaves the second appointment at 4pm whereas it should automatically shift it up to 3.30pm. The only other thing we'd like is a page down button on the key board - out laptop isn't touch screen and the mouse is only a pad - it is difficult to slid up and down the page while holding a phone in one hand!

Belinda W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Very Happy

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

I am very happy to have signed up to Phorest. The members of the Phorest Team I have dealt with over the phone have been extremely helpful and respectful of my needs with my business and I think the Software itself is fantastic. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

I own a small salon with myself as the only staff member so I use Phorest in the capacity that I require. It is super easy to navigate...has many many features that work around your business and it seems that everything to grow and support your business is covered by clicks of a button. The fact that you can so easily personalise your settings/marketing tools in the Phorest program to me is very much a standout feature.

Cons

I really like this software and it's features.

Sandra J.

I have this software for last 7 years and think it is the best in the market

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

I think this software is great. Contact to client is easy, online bookings, easy in use etc.

Pros

This system is easy to use, i like that there are regular updates to make its better and better. Very good support, too.

Cons

I would like if the working with the database on the pages would be easier. For example- if you work on clients database if you go from page 1 to work on page 2 to delete or archive some client the system automatically brings you back to page one. It is quite annoying if you are working on page 5 and you would like to work with more than one client on this page. You constantly have to scroll the system from page one. (I am not sure I explained this correctly :))

Janine J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

no longer a costomer

Reviewed on 2022/01/18

they were ok. we just didnt have a better option at the time . we now use boulevard

Pros

the reports mainly. was great at showing retention, new clients and sales

Cons

hard to train, online booking was messy for clients and always felt bets

Really great well thought out software

Reviewed on 2018/06/30

Pros

We are choosing this software after receiving a demo walkthrough for our Salon. It has just about everything you need. We especially like how review features on major sites like Google and Facebook are built in to the software to help get the most reviews possible.

We like the drag and drop features for moving appointments around. Text or email notifications with confirmation links for the customer to confirm the appointment. Tons of reports.

Cons

A little pricey for the top level. Not a huge selection of integrated hardware. We were hoping they would have a card reader similar to the square reader but they do not.

Andy G.

Great Software, Great Support but could be improved

Reviewed on 2018/04/29

The automation and easy of management saved our business 10 to 30 hours a month, its an absolute dream but i just wish it could do more and be relevant in todays market

Pros

This software is absolutely great for any salon, we use it our self in our Worthing branch and it makes managing appointments extremely easy!

No training is needed as its very easy to use, the drag and drop interface makes scheduling our employees great, and if theres ever an absence its able to give us a staff by staff feature of their day plan (if its all booked in with Phorest)

Cons

What we have done to give the client complete control is integrate this software into our website, this lets them see all of their available options and times for treatments.

What i would like to see in the near future is staff, so someone can book a specific appointment with a member of our team!

The system itself is closed to the outside world so its quiet hard to grow your company once your using this software, its limited by its own design and before you invest i would make sure you aren't looking for any additional features before committing.

Vi D.

It is a good software, easy to use and quick.

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Pros

I like that everything is easy to find. Big buttons, does what it says on the tin really. Easy to input data, maybe too easy that people just don't input anything else apart from name, tel and email and still saves it? I like the email functionality which is free, SMS functionality but it is paid. Also can link to social media, which is good for salons with less than 3 branches (easier to manage the content).

Cons

Reports are not as easy to do, if you do not want the standard stuff. I would personally improve that bit and make clever reports. Also, I would prefer the app to be improved as it looks very dated and old and it is not as personalised as you would need. Additionally, push notifications on the app for appointment reminders should come as standard and at the moment this function is not available. Everyone does push notifications, even for pushing content on blogs and social media.

Kala H.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 2016/06/19

Phorest was easy to deal with from the word go - down to earth, understanding, and trustworthy. I suffer from learning disabilities and Phorest staff are so patient with me and really help me to understand anything I need. They are right there for me even down to the stupid things like how do I open something. Or where to find something. This was a big step for me and Phorest made it so easy. It's so good I tell everyone about it. I love it and to know I have it makes me proud.

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use, nice and bright, colourful, and it changes all the time. I love how it saves looking at the same screen all the time, and Phorest listens to the client base and changes things when they need to which I think is just amazing.

Cons

I don't like the fact that there our little bits in each section so you have to really search for some things to find what you want. And I don't like that it doesn't come with a spell check as this would be so helpful.

Francisco M.

Great software with even better customer service

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

Customer service reviews were important to me when I decided to go with Phorest and they had not let me down. They are always in contact and the response time is really short. We had the first training call yesterday and my receptionist (who is not very computer savvy) was very happy because of the easiness to use and manage appointments. I have gone further exploring other features and everything is basically done with a few clicks.
The video tutorials are endless and the manuals and ebooks are easy to read.
100% satisfied so far.

Pros

Easy to use.
Very intuitive.
Great customer service.
Has a report for everything.
Full customized services, providers, resources, and inventory.
Nice app included with the price (others charge extra).
Did I mention the great customer service?

Cons

Wish they had a more configurable patient form and the option to add scanned forms and pictures.
High set up fee but they input the information of your inventory, services, and client database for you before going live.
Need to have the software "installed" in a pc/mac but the information is safe stored in the cloud. You can access it anytime from the your app but not from any computer.

Amy W.

Easy to use, amazing after sales team

Reviewed on 2015/07/27

I was recommended by a customer of mine who loved their system.

I called the number listed on the website 3 times with no answer and no answer machine facility. I then filled in a contact form and someone (Brian I think!) called me straight away and apologised for the phone technical issues, they explained everything really well to me and I felt that this was the right system for me and loved the philosophy of "Let's Grow." I booked an appointment to meet with a sales rep.

When the rep came, I felt a little disappointed, he wasn't really that friendly and I felt like he sped through some of the features. A few of the questions I asked he answered with "the trainer will show you that on the day" which wasn't really what I wanted to hear when I was debating wether or not to spend a lot of money on a system. I asked if I could apply a 25% discount to group of customers that have used me for 10 years and I was told "No, you'll have to do that manually for each one, each visit" (the technician today laughed and told me of course I could :) )

When I saw my customer I told her about my bad experience and she convinced me to try again (so you need to thank her- (Tej & Co)) and said she'd had nothing but good experiences, so I decided to give it another go.

The technician Dave who came out to me today was amazing, really friendly and so helpful, answered all my questions and went out of his way to give me contact details and then help me again at 7.30pm to set up my home computer. He is a real credit to your company!

Everybody else that I've spoken to either over the phone or via email have been great, responding quickly to everything and again really friendly but professional.

I haven't heard from the rep since the day I paid my deposit, and I feel like that says it all.

I never write reviews (least of all bad ones!) but I truly believe that without that recommendation or your other staff I wouldn't have come on board with Phorest, and that would have been a massive shame- I've only had it 12 hours and I love it!

Unprofessional Company with hidden charges and poor data management

Reviewed on 2021/02/07

I have had this software for over 5 years and they are only interested in how they can make more money out of their clients. They charge inflated prices for simple things and hide the charges so you aren't aware of them. They introduce new features which sound great but in reality don't work and then charge you a higher subscription for their software for the new features when don't work. For example they introduced a feature called client reconnect which is supposed to text clients when they are overdue their appointment but it just doesn't work, yet they charge an extra £40/month for it. Also if you have multiple sites, none of their reports or stock inventory work across multiple locations so you have to go into each location to run reports or get stock information which is very time consuming. It also doesn't link into any other software or marketing software so you have to do work arounds and manual exports if you want to use your client data in facebook or email marketing. The email and text marketing within Phorest is expensive and poor quality compared to industry specific software so another downside to Phorest. There are many much superior softwares available that are cheaper, easier to run and integrate easier into other business softwares. Having stuck with Phorest for over 5 years now I wish I had made a move to better software years ago.

Pros

The appointment diary is simple and visual but basic. There is an online reputation manager which helps you manage your online reviews but now I have seen what other systems can do I think it is basic and its only available when you are on their most expensive package.

Cons

The company has hidden charges which they deduct at source so you can't see them or audit them. They consistently over charge and apply higher charges to bills than your original contract and insist on payment by direct debit so its not easy to detect them. They manipulate your data without knowledge or consent, for example they opted many of my clients out of being able to receive marketing information without my knowledge, I only discovered by accident and it turned out to have been an issue in their software which they denied to begin with but then had to admit it was their fault. I have no idea if they corrected the fault just with my account or whether other customers who have been affected but are still in the dark. A few years ago they made a major to how their online booking system worked, but didn't inform any of their clients so all our online bookings on our website went down and again it took a few weeks for them to admit the mistake was theirs, but it still cost me thousands with my website developer to re-design my website to overcome their change which is incredibly poor change management and poor knowledge of their customers and how they use the software.

• Industry: Cosmetics

Ok System with horrible customer service and no follow up

Reviewed on 2021/11/06

I’ve had a ton of ups and downs from day one. Beware what the sales team promises because it’s not likely true. And good luck if you want to streamline marketing and your online store. The store will not sync with any social media or selling platforms, so it’s essentially useless. Marketing is decades behind anything else out there.

Pros

POS system is good. Easy product setup.

Cons

The worst customer care I have dealt with in a very long time. The online store is very sub-par. Marketing looks horrible. System and app do not work well together. Way to expensive for the service you receive.

Response from Phorest Salon Software

Thank you for providing this review. We always aim to deliver a great experience, and are gutted to hear that we didn't meet expectations in your case. We appreciate that you took the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make our product and support better in the future.

Charley K.

Woukd highly recommend to everyone (and I do!)

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

Phorest had been absolutely amazing from day one. Unlike other companies that once they have sold you the software, you never hear from anyone again. Phorest really care about their clients. The continued support, blogs and customer service are incomparable. Not forgetting the software itself is fantastic. Everything we asked for and more so much, in fact, I probably don't use ALL the features available due to having to sit down and read through all the manual - Highly recommend this.
Today was the first time we had to phone forest 're a support matter in 18months and it was resolved promptly not affecting business because the IPads and Phones were still working.

Thanks a million guys

Pros

Online bookings, Reports, photos & marketing

Cons

Unable to upload your own consultation forms from other companies

Harpreet S.

Very good but can be better

Reviewed on 2015/12/14

I try to raise these issue with customer service and on user voice too but didn't get any success
1- I request to bring receipt reprint option in front where we book appointments , right now it is in sales window and I don't want to give access to my all employees for sales window ,it is a same thing giving access to my employees for financial report, please either bring it in front at appointment builder page or hide total sale where it says cash and credit total .
2- Please provide us overtime calculation in clock in and clock out report , I use excel sheet to count the over time , I have 40 employees and I have to feed each employee hours manually to excel sheet to calculate the overtime .Please provide us the option to feed after how many hours of day the overtime start and same thing after how many hours of week the overtime start.
3-Please give us the option in financial monthly report to break that report in days , for example if I need to tally a report of one month with my QuickBooks , I need to pull 30 reports , if I need to tally yearly report I need to pull 12 reports , if I have a audit and they wants to see daily reports for 3 months I need to pull about 90 reports.
4- user voice should be given a new look , its just a suggestion , I think you should screen each voice and then you guys should write them down in a right way so each of us can understand ,by doing this it won't have duplicate request and a person like me who is not good in explaining can have a proper voice . Please change the vote system too , I think its should be on priority bases instead of votes , I mostly run out of votes but there are lots of things which I want to see in future so I think for example there are 10 suggestion I should pick the number one priority and then second and so on .and this way I can vote (pick the priority )on each of suggestion and you will know which suggestion clients wants first .

Shirley P.

Good software

Reviewed on 2017/06/02

Pros

The support team are brilliant and always happy to support and help where they can. Customer service excellent too. I like that its iCloud based . I like the reports too when they work!!

Cons

We can not book colour online because we can't book across three chairs !! Was promised we would be able to do this in the sales pitch - yet to happen and have resigned myself to accepting that it wont work as I don't think there is a way for it to happen. We are very happy we moved over to Phorest anyway and 4 years on, we like it and have just purchased another license for you new salon ( so it cant be bad!! )

Matthew J.
  • Industry: Hospitality

This Software Rocks!

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

Its been a fantastic transition from MINDBODY software to PHOREST . The Team at Phorest is nothing short of brilliant.
I Just want to share Two things. 1 the software 2 The support.
1. I have been using Mindbody for over a year. I have a medium size staff of 6 stylist in total and depend on a full management software to manage my small salon.
Honestly you cannot even compare the software, Phorest is way more complete, and is made for the hair industry. It works so well, No bugs. The software never crashes. It works smoothly.
Its really simple and easy to navigate, book appointments , run reports.
I wish I had found the software ages ago! My old software was crashing and full of bugs, constantly on the phone trying to fix an issue on the site that was the software.
They have amazing social media integration. Marketing is all worked into the software, and very easy to use. They have great email campaigns all built in.
Well I could write a full page here but will move quickly to point 2.
2 The service and support is amazing, we have had ongoing training for all our staff, If we are stuck on any difficulty amazing support is just a call away.
I Am looking forward to making full use of this powerful tool in my Salon, and looking forward to growing my business with Phorest.
Thanks to Daniel , Shane, Barbara, Martha Helen And all the guys at Phorest for all the help support and training. Looking forward to growing with Phorest.
Matthew Jonathan

Pros

Easy to use. A complete system. Great support

Cons

None

Harpreet S.

Good Software but it can be better

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Pros

easy to use , one of the best software in the market , support team is great , cost effective , upgrade with new feature and improvement is always a plus .

Cons

few general things are missing , it is always good to wok on big improvements but its also important to work on few general things too
for example Paymentmate software from phorest needs to be released
Please bring reprint receipt option on appointment page
Please add currency calculater on cash up
user voice needs to be redesign

Jennifer F.

Great company, great people, great service

Reviewed on 2015/02/23

When choosing to go into business it was important for me to do research on salon software systems. I looked into the pros and cons of a few different companies. A couple of the things I took into consideration were the start up costs and how the company can help us grow. Phorest came out out on top by a mile. The start up cost where competitive and came with benefits that other companies where not offering (at the time) A few of the key things that where important for the business in my point of view are our online presence. Phorest a comany in my opinion are forward thinking they provided us with the means to book online directly too our appointment page, a salon branded app along side the option to post our feed back directly to facebook, Twitter and Pintrest. This has served endless benefits for us. It's provided us with new clients who have found us directly from Google based on our facebook reviews. Not to mention the benefits of having those reviews In the first place good or bad. The level of customer service received every time we have contact has been inpecible to say the least. Always greeted with a friendly voice at the other end of the phone and any and all issues are resolved promptly. There level of comunication is high and you are never left wondering what's happened when in the unfortunate instance of a glitch in the system. It is very clear they are a company who care about its clients and are always on had with great new marketing ideas and promotions! I genuinely feel our growth as a business is just as important as there own. Which in comparison to other conpanies I looked into this stood out a mile. I am very happy for choosing Phorest and I have recommend them to my salon owner friends near and far and will continue to do so.

Petch C.

Friendly helpful knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed on 2017/06/23

Clarity of the daily business conducted in the shops. Staff usage, sales, cash in store. It's all there to view.

Pros

Simple to use and very functional. The reports are great and save a lot of time at month end. I love the fact I can now access all the branches through the app. This is a major step forward for any business owner or manager.

Cons

Cloud based so reliant on internet connection. Internet goes down and we can't process sales. Not good.

Vivian P.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

We Don't love it anymore

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

At first it was great but we honestly need more from our software and are currently seeking other options

Pros

the ease of use, support and ideas for future

Cons

it's not updating with the the times, features we thought would have progressed by now are still lacking, especially emails and the support is nothing like it was