Copper

4,3
Scott G.

The CRM for sales team on Gsuite

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

I've used a lot of CRMs, from Salesforce to Pipedrive. Copper is hands down the best. Easy to use, easy for the team to adopt but still very powerful under the hood.

Pros

Automated data entry. Pre-populates a lot of my contacts data so adding new leads is a simple point and click.
The gmail integration is amazing. I can get a clear picture of my entire relationship from where I work - gmail.
Im really starting loving the workflow automations and cool calculated fields I can make now.

Cons

I'd like to see a better native integration with an email automation software

Allison M.

Copper - CRM

Reviewed on 2020/10/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, a very good CRM. It has all the functionality and tools I need to manage the sales process.

Pros

Copper is a solid CRM with lots of features to help handle your sales funnel from start to finish.
You can sort/filter and run lists, export lists, and manage tracking of interactions, schedule follow ups and keep track of emails.

Cons

There are a few key features on Copper that are not intuitive/user friendly. It's not that they are difficult, but features could be better marked and highlighted as to how to do certain things on the platform. I wish it had better tracking to manage a sales team.

Sam L.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Basic CRM, looking for automated workflows, look elsewhere!

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Copper is our CRM and is only used for our sales team. Our products are a mobile app and website that generate leads that go into Copper in which our sales team is able to qualify and view all communication with prospects and move them along the appropriate pipeline.

One of the main problems that Copper solves for us is integrating with Slack and their mobile app to update us real-time of new leads. Also, a nice feature of Copper is their integration with G Suite (since Copper is a Google Product), that keeps track of all communication with each prospect.

From a more technical perspective, Copper has a quite robust API that allows us to connect our mobile app attribution platform, Slack, PostgresSQL, and chatbot Intercom.

Pros

One of the main benefits of Copper is real-time reports. We are able to breakdown won and lost revenue amongst our sales team and also account for projected sales revenue based on the opportunities in the pipeline and the expected close rate of those opportunities.

Copper has automated actions that allow us to move prospects through pipelines effectively. We set automated reminders and tasks for opportunities based on their pipeline and stage within the pipeline. These reminders and tasks are also emailed and sent as a push notification to each respective lead owner.Copper has automated actions that allow us to move prospects through pipelines effectively. We set automated reminders and tasks for opportunities based on their pipeline and stage within the pipeline. These reminders and tasks are also emailed and sent as a push notification to each respective lead owner.

We are a big fan of the Copper newsletters. They provide a clear roadmap of what to expect from them from a product development standpoint and what to expect next. Their emails are easy to digest, and optimized for mobile. Also, they ask for user input that has been integrated into their roadmap.

Cons

While Copper has a quite robust API, they do not have any webhook receiver URLs. In order to effectively communicate data between Copper and another platform is through a paid Zapier account or Tray.io.

Automated actions are nice, but the work flow automations are extremely limited. We are not able to send users automated emails, push notifications when they enter a new stage of a pipeline.

More direct integrations with messaging services - transactional + marketing email services, push notification platforms, chat services.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Joshua A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great product, built on the best email provider!

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

- We used to use Pipedrive before Copper however when we got to know about this tool we have been really pleased with the decision to migrate to this tool
- I carried on the migration for my company and I faced little to no challenges in order to migrate my data
- Since, we need to work on it daily it is really a good experience to handle this tool
- Feed back from the team has been great as well.

Pros

-Best thing about it is the seamless integration with Gmail and the plugin that it provides within the email.
- Really like their training / help centre
- Workfllow automation is great, been using it a lot
- Get good reports out of these, especially the sales forecast and activites

Cons

- If I were to point out, it would be that they do not have a continuous support over livechat on weekends for certain hours.

- There isn't a direct way to get a report out of copper for any opportunities that have been moved to a particular stage at a particular time

More than I'll ever need

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Great. It has been hassle-free and has helped us stay organized.

Pros

The product is very clean and simple to use. On top of that, every little detail can be customized.

Cons

For whatever reason, support seems to be hard to reach. Any questions that come up usually take 2 days to be answered.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jarrod S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great system for use with G Suite

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Custom service has been exceptional. Software is well designed. Basic features are easy to use.

Pros

What we liked most is how seamlessly this works with GSuite. We are a small non-profit consulting team and we needed software that didn't require a large learning curve. What we found were useful integrations right in our inbox where we do most of our work.

Cons

Being a small team with one member who uses technology daily and the other who doesn't means the advanced features are critical to making it work. While the workflow automation and task automation are available they is a steep learning curve for those who don't grasp basic coding principles.

John R.
Industry: Insurance

Basic CRM

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Overall experience was good until I knew I was paying more for less.

Pros

At that time I was looking for a CRM that integrates with G Suite at that time called Google Apps. This was the second CRM I tried.

Cons

You have to play a lof more for the better features that actually completes the CRM. After checking out other companies I realized after using it for more than a year that the CRM is lacking in features.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Eric V.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Fabulous CRM product for Gmail users

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Easy to trial product. Sales support team was very helpful. Not too pushy.
Software has exceed my expectations.

Pros

Easy to set up and use, great UI. The tight integration with Gmail is really the killer feature for us.

Cons

If you accidentally delete records they cannot be recovered. Not good if you accidentally delete all your contacts and have not done a manual back up ..

Pedro M.
Industry: Computer Software

Great CRM embedded with G Suite

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

The best CRM in the market.

Pros

Embedded 100% with G Suite, integration with many other solutions - easy to use.

Cons

Not linked (embedded) with Google chat and Google Voice. Would be a nice feature.

Janna W.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Copper is helping me keep track of my customers

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Overall it has been helpful to keep track of my contacts. I wish that there were more features for the lower price point, like marketing and email features.

Pros

I like that it syncs to my Gmail and automatically goes back through 1 year of communication to add all those emails to my connections with my contacts. The Gmail extension makes it super easy to add new contacts to my CRM and keep track of our conversations. It also makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities and what stage they are at. The Task function is nice how it adds to-do items to my calendar and sends me reminders. That is helpful so I don't forget to do things daily.

Cons

It's pretty expensive for only one user and many of the best features of it are only available for the higher pay level. Also, it's doable to use from Gmail on a phone but not easy. I wish the app extension worked better.

Jaimee I.

Copper

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Copper has cut down dramatically on administration data entry try which allows for our staff to communicate with our prospects more frequently, which in return is bringing in more business for the company.

Pros

Copper has helped our company tremendously in regarding to time spent updating our CRM systems. We use to have to add all emails to the system, Copper automatically adds all the emails which has cut down on our administration time dramatically. It will also pull contact information for the internet, which also helps cut down time so the time can be spent elsewhere. Another favorite feature is being able to view the contact file in gmail when an email from that specific person comes in.

Cons

We wish that when adding notes into copper, there was more flexibility in regards to changing the color of the font or being able to highlight something within the note. Also, sometimes we have an individual in the system with more than one company but Copper doesn't allow you to add duplicate emails to multiple files.

Response from Copper

Greatly appreciate the feedback, Jaimee!

Jacqueline C.
Industry: Real Estate

Intuitive, Inclusive & Scalable

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

Wonderful! The customer service is AMAZING and overall we have converted so much more closed business as a result of effective lead and pipeline management within our company.

Pros

The ability to manage leads, manage pipelines, and store data, along with the ability to automate lead management.

Cons

the lack of ability to integrate with other softwares, the lack of commission management features, and the lack of ability to specifically disburse leads automatically based on tracked conversion rates

Response from Copper

Solid feedback that we'll be sharing with our team. Thank you, Jacqueline!

Mark B.

Copper, formerly ProsperWorks - Great tool for G Suite/Google Apps Users

Reviewed on 2018/08/12

Pros

I've used Copper (under its original brand) both as a freelance digital contractor and in an agency setting. I found the standalone app to work fine, but there's no comparison to how well it worked with gMail, Google Docs and other elements of G Suite.

I read a Forbes article about the rebrand and apparently Copper signals a move for the company where their apps are on Google Cloud, and to better support G Suite, and that seems like great news. If you are an agency using G Suite it seems to be a no-brainer to use Copper to me. Especially for tracking emails and customer conversations related to opportunities. The rebrand caught me by surprise when I was looking for something for a client. The Forbes article sheds some light on the rebrand and evolution.

I'm a little biased as I wrote an article once for ProsperWorks, but this review is strictly from my experiences with the app, and the company. They have great customer success follow-up and have many scheduled support resources/weekly webinars to ensure you get the best out of your investment. I don't sell this app, I just was happy with how easy it was to use the tool, I've worked with Dynamics CRM, Salesforce and other CRM apps and I stand by my appreciation for how great this app is for G Suite and for agencies.

Cons

I think the Copper rebrand is a sign of lots of changes for this solution, and the Forbes article says that there are positive changes to further align this solution with the Google ecosystem. I will say that the rebrand was news to me, but I haven't used the app in a month or so now since a recent contract ended .

Drew B.
Industry: Insurance

Great CRM for Gmail Users

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Great company with an excellent support team always available. Offer monthly training and update webinars as well.

Pros

Love this CRM as it integrates easily with Gmail. Good ways to customize the pipelines and customer management options.

Cons

Does take some time to set everything up and need to add on a few features to have it customize the way you want.

Response from Copper (formerly ProsperWorks)

Thank you for the kind words, Drew. Taking into consideration your cons for the product and see how we can work to make it better. Thanks again!

Industry: Public Policy

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros

I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons

The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work.

Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

Jeff N.

Awesome CRM with Great Support

Excellent.

Pros

- works well with Gmail
- works well, intuitive
- great support

Cons

too expensive when I try to integrate with MailChimp.

Response from Copper

Thanks, Jeff!

Alirio rubén R.

I work with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a great support to manage my company.

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

I work in a service company that offers hardware and software solutions with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a fundamental support for the management of our company, it allows us to follow up on the objectives set, measure deviations, marketing actions and contact with our customers.

Pros

Prosperwork is a CRM, which works in the cloud, which allows improving the sales management of any company. Among the most brilliant features is the complete merger with the Google Suite, but that articulation does not stop there, it also has the option of integrating with other web tools such as MailChimp, on cloud solution for handling email marketing campaigns, which makes an essential support tool for the work of our marketing department.

It also offers synchronization with Dropbox, which makes it easy to transfer information through the tool.

Due to being a solution on cloud, you can follow up, in real time, the work of the sales department. Contributing to the making of early decisions, avoiding the deviation from the goal proposed by our board.

Cons

We are very satisfied with the solution presented by this software, to the point of not having found ourselves before anything we want to do and can not do it in the tool.

Although it is intuitive, it can be a bit confusing to use in the first few changes. Then, everything flows with a lot of precision and speed. The main reason for this situation is the large number of options and configurations that can be made in Prosperwork.

Connor M.
Industry: Veterinary

Flexiable and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

We've been able to create multiple ticketeing systems and pipelines to track ROI on new promotions and programs.

Pros

The flexibility the software offers through customization and its automated workflows make both your job as an admin, and your everyday user's lives so much easier. It's also so incredibly easy to learn even on the higher technical end it isn't challenging.

Cons

A number of the support articles are very outdated, especially in regards to the various integrations you can make, but reaching out to support usually fixes this.

Andrew W.
Industry: Telecommunications

Great CRM for Gmail users

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

It works as a plug-in for Gmail. That sounds odd at first, but it actually works great assuming most of your sales activity happens by email - because you can add contacts, companies and opportunities (and access all email history with those contacts) with just a few clicks.

Cons

The sidebar takes up too much space when working on a laptop with a small screen (so I turn it off).

Response from Copper

Love this feedback, Andrew. Really helpful for us as we continue to evolve the product. Thanks!

Duane K.

This is the best CRM for a small business I have ever used

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

Ease of use, Flexibility, Multi Businesses can be operated from the same database. This system is easy to customize and automate. I like that it can be automated to other programs I use using Zapier or direct links to the software through API. It is also most useful because it integrates well with Gmail. Training team members is easy and straightforward. Their support tools make bring new people onto the system effortless. Each channel of sales can have it's own steps process to complete a sale. You can do reports by each Channel.

Cons

Support tickets take too long to process. Rather than just provide an answer to your request, the system contacts you to make sure you still have the question open and then you must refresh the ticket. Seems to be a glitch in their Zhen Dest process. Because I am in China doing some work, I find this most irritating. I cannot seem to get them to fix this problem. I wrote a letter to the president of the company after he wrote me wanting to know my opinion of the system but he never answered. The company is growing quickly and that is good but sometimes it also causes delays in getting the little things fixed. Over all though, I give the company a 5 start rating for effort, design, support and usefulness.

Jake L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Finally, a CRM a sales guy can live with

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

This is the easiest to use most intuitive CRM system that I have ever worked with in the 25+ year career. I especially like the automatic integration with GSuite (gmail & calendar). I like the user interface and workflow to move opportunities through the sales process. The online support team have been great to work with and seem quite knowledgeable about the product.

Pros

I like the simplicity of how it is laid out. It was easy to customize to some of my company's unique requirements. Because it automatically syncs to my email and calendar, it eliminates hours of typical data entry that I have been frustrated with other systems. The integration with Linkedin is also a nice feature when I am entering leads.

Cons

There are a few advanced features that I wish were available at the basic level. Otherwise, the product is too expensive at higher levels.

Industry: Telecommunications

A Must for Business!

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

The overall experience has been great! The training is very good and ProsperWorks makes a genuine effort to properly onboard their clients unlike some software companies that want to sign you up and then leave you on your own. At a bare minimum, ProsperWorks raises an awareness of where every opportunity is in the sales process for the rep and the manager, leading to more customer touches. When properly used, it's truly a tool to increase sales and provide guidance and structure for a sales person throughout their day. And it can be accessed from anywhere!

Pros

I like the robust feature set that ProsperWorks CRM offers. The ability for the application to "scrape" emails from the interactions with each client is a big plus, too. It's relatively easy-to-use for early to mid adopters and the learning curve for a deployment is minor assuming most the people in the organization are somewhat savvy with web-based applications. I'm a manager of an outside sales environment so the amount of administrative control and the ability to assign roles to specific reps is helpful. I can set it up where each rep sees their own activity and not the activity of others. The app version of the software for iOS and Android is awesome as well. Very robust. You can enter info on the fly using your smart phone and it's all waiting for you when you open your laptop! It's a must for anyone doing territory sales.

Cons

The biggest negative to me is the fact that when ProsperWorks tries to scrape the actual contact data, it's incomplete or inaccurate and needs to be completed or fixed. Any other complaint is relatively minor and can probably be overcome with some more training. Also, my company uses the enterprise version of Quickbooks and apparently, ProsperWorks only integrates with the web-based version. It would be nice if that option would be made available in the future.

Lauren M.
Industry: Real Estate

It doesn't get easier to enter your contacts into a CRM than Prosperworks

Reviewed on 2018/01/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We all live in our inboxes these days, right? This is where the greatness of Prosperworks comes in. All you have to do is roll over the email address of a contact in your Gmail (using the Prosperworks Chrome extension) and with one click, you can add a contact to your database. *Bye* data entry! It's also very intuitive as it automatically asks once you've added someone to your contacts whether you want to create an opportunity or task reminder for that person to ensure that you are monetizing your lead gen and staying on top of potential clients. The system also looks at who you've been in contact with recently and asks if you want to add them to your database. Again, with just one click, you're growing your database regularly. Mass upload of contacts is simple and easy, as is exporting contacts. There are a lot of automation options available such as Mailchimp and virtually anything else that is available to connect on Zapier. Email templates with mergtags are easy to set up. Lots of customization options across the board.

Cons

It doesn't manage duplicates at all, which can be a bit of a drag. Email templates cannot include attachments or HTML. It's easy to lose your place when going down the list of contacts as the page has a tendency to refresh and start at the top as you navigate between contacts and sections. Reminders have limited options for when they are triggered.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tish C.
Industry: Wholesale

Great Tool for our Company - Manufacturing

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Copper has definitely helped with Project Coordination and communication both internally and externally. The ability to see all emails and communication cuts down on many questions and communication that is not needed. It has been a great tool for our Organization.

Pros

I mainly use and like the Project and the People feature. It allows me to easily convert the Sales Opportunities into Projects once the job is won. Then it opens up the communication with the customer. We also use this in conjunction with MieTRAK Pro and Pandadoc. They work great together.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while for the data to load.

Response from Copper

Really high praise thank you, Tish!

Madeline G.
Industry: Computer Software

A lifesaver for small companies!

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

I highly recommend Copper to companies who are looking to spend less time organizing touchpoints and more time doing the actual work at hand. Copper makes customer tracking and communications simple and has been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

- Couldn't be easier to implement (went live same day)
- Automatically gathers contact information for quick reference and reporting
- Easy-to-design email templates, scheduling, pipeline creation

Cons

- Logging in sometimes takes a few tries
- Chrome extension sometimes does not automatically login (deters use)
- More clear-cut pipeline design for product adoption (could be more customizability for business needs)

Response from Copper

Loving all the gold stars, Madeline! Thank you for the feedback.