Housecall Pro

4.6/5
4.7/5

Malcolm
Malcolm

HouseCall Pro is Simply Stunning!

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Pros

I have worked in the corporate software industry for more than 30 years. Most recently I worked at a major software supplier with big name major accounts with more than 30,000 licenses for some of their customers. My role involved all aspects of customer service, including corporate demos, involvement in the sale process and post-implementation customer service.

The reason I started this review with that information is that I am actually blown away by the similarities between how HouseCall Pro treats it's customers in comparison.

My business is just starting out with only a handful of employees but from day one my engagement with HouseCall Pro has been astonishing - in a very good way - with me receiving as much care and attention as I have been used to giving to my own customers in the past! The initial contact tried to understand the key points that I was looking for in the software before setting up a one-on-one meeting where those key points were shown to me in a live demo.

The software itself is actually perfect for my business. The learning curve was a little different to what I expected but the support has been absolutely first class. The online help is excellent, but the online support chat window is phenomenal. The folks in support not only know their stuff, they respond quickly, help with the questions I have, and have a laugh along the way. What actually prompted this review was a more recent phone call to the support team. I had to leave the call before they answered. Totally unprompted, within 5 minutes, they had called me back to see how they could help. Now, THAT was impressive.

I completed a lot of research prior to deciding to invest in HouseCall Pro. I made the right decision, without question, when I moved forward with HouseCall Pro.

I highly recommend this product.

Ryan

Housecall Pro changed my life!

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

My overall experience with Housecall Pro has been fantastic. Even more so since I upgraded to the XL

Pros

Having the ability to track time, movement, KPI's, reviews, payments, scheduling etc is so powerful!

Cons

There are some things that yhe other juggernauts in the industry have that this software doesn't but I am confident they will get there, and I'm happy to have gotten in at basicalky the ground floor.

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Software only did a fraction of what I needed it to.

Joist

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

I chose Housecall Pro over these others amongst many things, customer service, price point, responsiveness, and that HCP is constantly working to get better.
karen
  • Industry: Consumer Services

What were they thinking?!?

Reviewed on 2022/06/17

Used to be a big supporter. Now feel betrayed. This experience is moving me to look for other solutions. Moving will be a giant expense in time and training and data movement....but i have to work with partners i can trust and believe in. HCP is no longer that partner...I can see that now. Very disappointed. If you plan to grow to more than 5 employees - this is not the solution for you based on their current predatory pricing plan.

Pros

Good product- does what it is supposed to do. You can schedule jobs, invoice customers, and develop a nice database of what you did with each customer. It has limitations and its share of glitches Support is mediocre but it is available. I've been a fan for a long time and have brought a number of businesses over to use their software. No more though.

Cons

If you grow from 5 to 6 employees watch out - its time to move to another software provider in my opinion. The pricing plan allows up to 5 employees for 1 set price. Keep in mind one of those 5 employees is your office staff so you really only get 4 field techs. If you add the 6th employee your HCP monthly price more than doubles the entire cost of the plan. There is now no longer a way to add 1 employee to their mid-tier plan - you have to move to the high tier plan. You can purchase 2 of the mid tier plans for less than the price of their high tier plan - this is just so ill-conceived! Last year we were able to add 1 additional employee for just a set fee per employee which was very reasonable. WHen that employee quit we were back down to 5...so were unaware that in June 2022 they made this change wiping out the ability to add an incremental employee without having to jump to the next tier. I am gobsmacked by how wrong of move this was on their part. The whole point of this software is helping you to grow your business - but apparently as soon as you do grow boy do they punish you for it!

Additionally their search function for the "pricebook" leaves a lot to be desired. If you type in a keyword like "flange" and you have multiple items with that keyword in the description you expect all of the items with that keyword to appear. It doesn't. Only some do. No rhyme or reason to it.

Uploading photos from field is dodgy and slow. Reports availble are not reliable or accurate

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Isaac
  • Industry: Utilities

The Consolidated Payment Solution.

Reviewed on 2024/04/16

Housecall Pro has elaborate invoicing solution for companies.

Housecall Pro has elaborate invoicing solution for companies.

Pros

Housecall Pro has incredible billing procedures that maintains accountability.

Cons

Housecall Pro is ideal and fruitful in managing payments.

Jacob

Housecall Pro Rocks

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

The best part about Housecall Pro is the fact that we have all of our information for the entire business in one spot. It is one stop shop. It also integrates with Quickbooks Online, so we do not have to mess with transferring everything every time. It automatically does it for us. The customer service is also great, as they are quick to find an answer if they cannot fix it right away. I would highly recommend this company and software.

Pros

This software brings our entire company together. It helps us with all the scheduling needs that we have, and definitely helps keep all of your information together in one spot. You can also access this from your mobile devices too which is huge! We wouldn't be where we are today in our company if it wasn't for Housecall Pro.

Cons

There are a few features missing, that could make some delegations a little easier, but after while, when they hear from a bunch of people that they want this option added, they will add and integrate it to the software.

ServiceTitan

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro had a lot more options for us, and it was very centered around our line of work. The previous software was very generic, and did not offer everything that we were wanting.

Verizon Connect

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

The pricing for ServiceTitan was unreasonably high. Some of the products were great, and could be very useful, but after seeing other reviews, and looking at the actual price we would be paying per year, was incredibly high, and we would not be able to comfortably afford that!
Taylor

Great functionality!

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

Housecall Pro was so easy to setup and has been a breeze to use ever since. I've has a wonderful experience with the program and don't feel the need to seek further programming. Housecall was definitely the right choice for our company.

Pros

The best thing about this program is the simplicity. It takes no time to figure out how to learn something new with this program. The customer support is great to work with and can figure most things out rather quickly. It's is so nice having such a great program with all the essentials built in one.

Cons

There isn't much to not like. The program is always updating features. They always takes suggestions, which is nice. If you'd like to see something, it's usually there within a few months.

ServiceTitan and FieldEdge

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Quicken is very basic. There isn't any scheduling software involve and that made it very hard to operate. We switch to Housecall Pro to gain the ease of time management.

Quicken

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro was the best fit, for the best price. All other companies seemed as if you were getting less for more money.
Lisa

User friendly

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

We are a small family business we specialize in full Plumbing & HVAC services. We came across House Call Pro from another vendor who visited our home , at the time we were looking into going automated, prior we were all manual. We called other vendors however their prices were very high. I called House call Pro the monthly price was very reasonable and it was perfect for our needs. We are very happy with the software and its made our life so much easier. Honestly we look back now and cant believe we were manual!!! When I do have a question customer service is quick to respond . We also feel this software made our company look much more professional, our customers receive a confirmation when in route and we are able to take payments and email receipts as well as estimates immediately. We definitely recommend House Call Pro!!

Pros

This software is very user friendly, without any training most of our team was able to dive right in and start using the software immediately . I love the fact that we can schedule, take payments view our customers history and overall have the ability to use every function of the software whether your in the office or out if the field. We can send internal messages to our staff as well as our customers. This software shows our overall earnings, tracks invoices that our outstanding and honestly allows our company to run smoothly and efficiently.

Cons

In the beginning for some reason if I had to go back and close out a job and back date it, the software would not allow me to choose the appropriate date, however this has been fixed and I haven't had any recent problems with this particular issue.

Titanium Schedule

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

pricing was way to high with the other vendor. House Call Pro was perfect for the size of our business needs.
tonya

An important appendage of our growing company

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

As we are going I find that Housecall pro is growing with our company. Just when I think that we might have outgrown the features poof there they are. It's like they are reading our minds! I enjoy the ease of communicating with the customers and follow up with postcards.

Pros

The equipment tracking feature for each customer has simplified life both for the inside staff and the techs. Now that we have the service agreement options, the tech's have an easier time tracking the details of the services. It has helped with our inside sales to be more consistent with customers' maintenance and generating more income.

Cons

As we are going and figuring out our growing pains, I have come to realize that it would great to have a system to track inventory as our techs use it with each customer in live time. This type of feature would help with repurchasing and tracking lost inventory.

Titan GPS

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

I choose Housecall Pro due to the ease of the system. I have older people that were not comfortable running electronically and this seemed to be rather simple for them to learn. On the flip side, it's advanced enough for our staff to utilize it with Quickbooks online, emailing proposals and tracking invoices.
Michelle
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

With HCP we are able to streamline invoicing & dispatching. We are also able to provide valuable information to our clients that we could not do before. We increased efficiency by 45% within the first 30 days of using HCP.

Pros

Setting up our company was very easy and quick. Invoicing and dispatching jobs is detailed and easy to do. Creating price lists is the best feature, it eliminates questions often asked by staff on how to price something. We were able to create several price lists to accommodate contracted clients, residential and sub contractor pricing as well. Purchasing HCP software was the best decision we have made for business solutions. We are able to track labor, costs, payroll, invoicing, dispatching, we can see the location of technicians in the field also. You have the ability to track them in live time. The best feature the technicians like is the ability to take pictures within the app and add directly to specific work orders.

Customer service is exceptional and responds quickly(depending on the time of day). In most cases you can find the answer you're looking for via the FAQ section. This feature is available on the desktop and mobile formats making it easy for technicians in the field to find an answer themselves without having to call into the office for information. Running reports are simple as well.

Cons

Our least favorite items within the app is not being able to select which permissions you want employees to be able to see. Meaning the tech can see revenue on jobs etc.

There is a 2day lag on deposits. The processing fees for a CC is inline with other merchants currently available.

Square Point of Sale and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

HCP offered everything we needed and features we didn't know we needed.
Nathan

Very good quality software for extremely reasonable price.

Reviewed on 2020/03/22

A most pleasant surprise that I never planned on having. Now it's hard to imagine not having it for a tool. Progressive changes and additions evolve the software frequently. But user interaction is fairly simple to learn. The capabilities to help with a companies growth and customer experience are immense and always getting better.

Pros

A software service I just stumbled upon through a distributors app. Had no plan to sign up at all. I wanted the free gift for completion of a demo. It has helped in ways that I never thought would be a need for my business. My clients appreciate the messaging/reminder of services plus real time updates to arrival. All paperless invoicing saves on overhead. Highly professional looking invoices that provide my customers an itemized description of their service. Customers open an invoice and click the pay link or can pay by credit card reader with standard rates or lower. Easily links to quickbooks. And then automated thank you emails with requests for reviews.

Cons

I find it difficult to link my reviews across all platforms available to my customers. Having nearly 100 reviews with a perfect 5 star rating and well written reviews about my services provided, if new potential customers can't see them across other platforms is somewhat useless.

Procore

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Less expensive and seemed geared more towards HVAC with some pre packaged industry specific templates.
Jaime

Plumbing Dispatch Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Pros

I no longer have to fill out work orders or contantly update customers with arrival times and scheduling. The app does it for us! It's saved me a lot of time so I can focus on other aspects of our business and has pleased our customers greatly! It's showing from the increase of reviews! The ability to link to Google and QBO are two of the best features as well as the time I save on the phone with customers playing call tag, etc. In plumbing, we are able to edit the blocks of time for unexpected repairs that come up and prevent overbooking and add segments for ongoing WIP jobs. HCP has made my work streamlined from the start!

Cons

There are a few features I wish that are available but that doesn't mean they won't be in the near future with their hard working support team. A subtotal line is desperately needed. I wish I got emails when my customers do so I can quickly reference what and when I sent it. Segment options for estimates would be nice since at this point you can only select one of multiple estimates. A drop down list of customers when searching for one would save me some time. Some customers have difficult spelling of names so to be able to type the first and second letter and have it bring up the customer list would be a huge help without having to press enter.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Certain things I will still use QBO for such as estimates for subtotal lines. The main reason was due to electronic work orders, scheduling and notifications. The review link is a MAJOR plus!

QuickBooks Online
Roger
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Gets easier to use and better everyday. Support from the company is amazing, they are alway...

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

HCP is giving me time to market and feels like a partner or mentor to our continued growth and success.

Pros

Ease of setup. Kind and patient support team. Did I say patient? After our office manager retired, we were able to implement HCP and within weeks realized that we no longer needed an office manager! It was tough to change my ways after doing “what worked” for the first 28 years, but these last two years with HCP have really helped us grow and I spend about 15 hours/week less sitting at a desk. Our crews like having the power to create estimates and quote work and extras. The payment portal speeds up collections. The software is constantly improving. We are a completely paperless company now, save for permit applications and such. It is so easy to schedule out days, weeks, a month. Drag and drop to move appointments. Creating/changing unit prices is so easy.

Cons

Making changes to estimates or invoices to a customer puts you back to the dashboard, which is distracting if you are handling multiple invoices for a property management company for instance. A work around is to open each one in a new window on the desktop. We use the desktop site in the field since the mobile site will not rotate on our iPads and we have keyboard cases. The dashboard shows outstanding invoices when you log on, but you cannot click on them individually to review. No integration with QB desktop, though I may be the only person who has that problem.

Derek

HVAC business

Reviewed on 2022/10/12

Pros

It's relatively easy to use. I can schedule an estimate, then convert it to a job once approved, send the invoice and even take payments through the website/app

Cons

The online scheduling option seems like it could be a good feature, but our company doesn't use it much and the times we have used it, the emails just got lost or customers selected the wrong responses which led to confusion.
Scheduling a job that takes multiple days is also a bit of a nuisance. We switched from Jobber, and they were so easy to schedule a multiple day job.

Jobber

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Jobber was lacking some features that HCP had. Jobber also had some good features that HCP does not. In the end, the pros outweighed the cons and we made the switch.

Jobber

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Derek, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Joshua
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Housecall Pro in the HVAC field

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

From customer service, integration and ease of use this product can't be beat

From customer service, integration and ease of use this product can't be beat

Pros

The scheduling feature alone makes our daily operation extremely efficient, couple that with the customer notification system and you have a full office in the palm of your hand!

Cons

We haven't found anything yet! The system is very easy to use!

ServiceTitan

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

We were looking to go digital and paperless. We are a small company and were looking for an edge to set us apart from other companies in our area who use traditional service tickets and office personnel for scheduling and record keeping. This program reduces our need for office time and keeps everyone informed with what is going on during our day and gets us into the field faster than traditional methods.

QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Cost, ease of use, available add on options and integration with quick books.
Ben

Possibly the best CRM

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

I have been very happy with my experience since implementing Housecall Pro. I would like to see a few more features, but it has been ever evolving so I’m sure I will see those in the near future.

Pros

Ease of use and navigation. Features that are offered to compliment it.

Cons

Could use a few more options. It is easy to use from a phone but I would like pictures attached to the price list items to make it easier to navigate on the phone .

Reasons for Choosing Housecall Pro

Better functionality and larger platform.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Housecall Pro

Service Fusion was overly complicated to onboard. I didn’t have 40+ hrs I could dedicate just to implementing a new crm.
Kellie

Lacks signature capture on estimates; cannot be used as primary estimating software

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

This app definitely helped us stay organized. We have used it for several years but realize that it does not provide the features we for estimating. Now we have to figure out how to transfer all of our information stored in this app to another program and teach our employees a new system.

In hindsight, we should have chosen a different software for estimating.

Pros

This software will organize your business. It can be used as a work order system to keep track of customers, invoices, scheduling, and incorporates into quickbooks!

It is relatively easy to use, even for non tech people. Nice features that help you keep track of when jobs are start, end, and are paid out. It will send automatic reminders to customers about upcoming jobs.

Cons

It cannot be used as an estimating software because it does not make an agreement between the contractor and the customer. This is the current process...the customer hits "accept" on the contractor's estimate but there is no agreement sent to either party. Also as a contractor, you do not know who accepted your estimate because the software does not capture a signature from the person "clicking accept." Basically, as a contractor if anything goes wrong on a job you do not have a signed agreement with to enforce. You must use a supplemental software with signature capture in order to have an agreement.

There are a few features the app currently does provide.
- A customer can sign off on the work that was preformed stating that it was completed.
- There is also an activity feed page that shows the time and date the customer "accepted" the proposal. However, none of this will do you any good if you do not have a contract illustrating the name/date/amount agreed to between the other party.

Our employees always had issues uploading pictures to estimates and jobs.

Barry
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

House call review

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Pros

App use experience is phenomenal. I have written estimates In a time crunch in the driveway of the customers house b4 a sales meeting. While not ideal, the ability to have something for my client rather than nothing is all the difference. Only Houscall makes this possible.

Cons

Housecall over all gets 5 stars , no question about it. The only reason I gave 4 stars is some areas is because I am seeing the potential of the product and would like to see house call achieve that potential.
Web based use is definitely not the same experience as the app. Pages bog, cursors lag, and it takes time to write proposals and navigate.
While the organization of the web based platform is truly superior, the navigation is not.
I choose to log on the web based platform because of the clarity and organizational benefits but I often find myself frustrated, losing unsaved pages or saying “ common”.
With that said there is nothing that even comes close to what housecall offers me so take that criticism in perspective to the the truly awesomeness of house call as a whole.
I would like to add that house call software engineers have come up with some great ideas! Ideas I never knew I needed but now can not go with out.
Features such as street view and home value in the customers page is very helpful. Other helpful features SA colab with employees and sales updates, employee tracking and credit card processing on site are In app features I have been introduced to that I can’t live with out. These features may not seem like the back bone of your business head on but i can tell you in hindsight they all add up and contribute to your over all competitive edge.

Brian

Housecall Pro Getting Better With Age.

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

We are a small HVAC service and install company. Using Housecall Pro has been a positive experience. It has greatly improved scheduling for both customers and employees. A/R has been a very positive aspect. Integration with QB has made the accounting side of the business cleaner with less conflict. We are now beginning to use the service contract feature. HCP support always respond in a timely fashion and are always seeking to improve.

Pros

Seamless integration with Quickbooks is the most important feature. Once we learned to categorize where we wanted charges to show in QB such as "Labor" or "Material & Supplies" then reconciliation became easy. Software is easy to navigate and customize. Scheduling service for our customers is a major feature and increases customer confidence. Our A/R has improved dramatically. More of our customers use the pay online feature and the ability to accept cc payments is a huge plus. Admin settings allow to set cc minimum payments and employee access through mobile app.

Cons

Would love have an attachment icon in customer history window indicating service calls that have attached photos or documents uploaded without having to open each one individually. I would also like to have the ability to record customer equipment Model & Serial #'s and connect services to particular equipment. Example: Customer has (5) individual air con systems. Enter Model & Serial #'s, and name systems. Then all future service at that site can be attached to a particular piece of equipment with the ability to run a report. Options for "Summer" & "Winter" maintenance to run reports for recurring future would also be on my wish list.

Chris
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Missing Key Features. Look Elsewhere.

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

Don't pull the trigger yet. It doesn't do what you will need and want it to. Keep searching for better options.

This does the job that quickbooks doesn't... scheduling, but this software could be so much better if the software developers actually ran a service business and used this in front of customers. I'm sure that by the 5th time they had to type their contact info into the body of an email before they sent an invoice, they would add the functionality to be able to customize the default. If they had to go through every day and send out their payment reminders, they would add automatic functionality (like Quickbooks did).

My overall impression and experience is that they made their software, now they are going to sell it. Now that they've sold it, they are gonna raise the price (253% if I want to continue be able to send "on my way" messages). Sure, they have done some bug fixes, but they have pretty much stopped adding features and functionality to the software.

Pros

The best thing about Housecall Pro is the invoice that the customers see. It is clean, easy to read, and makes online payment easy. Payment can be made directly from the invoice and there is no need for the customer to open a web portal or log in to view and pay invoices. The mobile app dashboard is great for getting to the job... one tap to send an "on my way" message and another tap to open up google maps. easy.

Cons

The invoicing features (or lack thereof) are infuriating!

1. When you are creating invoices, you can't edit the default email message to have it save your preferences. You have to type out or copy and paste your custom text EVERY INVOICE YOU SEND. I would like to send a nice "thank you for using my services", "refer us", "call with questions" message with all my invoices, but it is a huge pain in the butt and takes too long to do it EVERY TIME!

2. If most of your customers are net 30, there are no automatic payment reminders or Payment Past Due notices. you have to do all of that manually. Since the software doesn't allow for custom email templates, each reminder you send has to be typed out manually or copied and pasted from a Word Doc.

3. The invoices are lacking different areas to add important information and instead rely on a general "Notes" text box at the bottom for Purchase Order numbers, billing disclaimers, and job notes. It gets busy fast.

4. The software and app are generally "clunky" to use. The interface requires a lot of full page loads vs drop down or pop-up fields in order to create a new customer and invoice so it takes twice the time it should, especially with a spotty data connection.

5. There is not a true CRM (customer relationship management) functionality. You can create email marketing campaigns, but it won't remind you customer's birthdays, or when someone has hit a loyalty program milestone, or let you auto-schedule calls or texts.

Scott

Love HouseCall Pro

Reviewed on 2020/05/02

Overall great! I have referred it to many friends and people I talk to. It far surpasses any software I’ve seen or used and the way they communicate and run the company is just icing on the cake.

Pros

HCP has made my day to day business adman much easier. It literally replaces a part time employee w all that it does for me.
The digital schedule is great. The text and email reminders that are sent out look so professional-I get comments from customers saying they love all “my” communications (it’s mostly automatic). So cool!
The invoicing is clear, the cc payment link that comes on every invoice sent out has helped to keep a/r low.
Everything is at the click of a button, and very user friendly.
One of the really great things is their customer service. When I get stuck or have any glitches, they reply within minutes (no joke), and it’s always a precise reply. Sometimes they tell me there’s no feature for what I’m asking but they submit my request for the feature to be a future addition.
Overall, it’s been the best software addition I’ve had. This is my 4th software over 20 yrs of doing business and with all their constant updates I don’t expect to ever have to change again.

Cons

There are features that don’t exist yet. I have been able to find work arounds for all of them.

For example, you can’t send out a broadcast marketing email to your customer base. However, you can easily export your client list to do it through another platform.
You can easily and send out a custom postcard to your client list through HCP, it can even be automatic.
Since it’s cloud based, if I don’t have cell svc or wifi, I can’t access any info or process any invoices/estimates etc. This is a limitation.

Erin
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Best process/program out there!

Reviewed on 2020/06/13

Amazing! Anytime, day or night that I have a question I just chat with an agent and someone is always able to direct me where to go or what to do.

This program really is user friendly for your workers and your customers.

I’ve always gone by: Keeping it stupid simple. This program can’t be any simpler.

Pros

New employees catch on very quickly! They like how user friendly it is for anyone and everyone who may not be technologically savvy!

Our customers also enjoy the ease of paying their bills, seeing that we are on our way and even our progress along the way.

We have been able to gain steady reviews after every completed job!

Cons

I would like to see more selections for pulling data and generating sales, total sales, estimated sales for each month, maybe a comparison graph of where you are now from last year or last month?

The graphs and data I can pull now is good, however, it would be even better to be able to gather more since this is all that I use for the business.

The other part would be, maybe making it less complicating? For example, if I want to compare anything of sales in the business right now (we detail and pressure wash) I was told I would need to gi back and make sure each job had a job tag, and then make sure I could identify it by one other thing that I can’t remember (I apologize).
On the spot entering in all the customers information, there are times job tags are forgotten, however, now I try not to forget them ever.

Overall, having a graph that could pull data without having to tag this and add that would allow me less time spending on that and more time on other business items that I can never seem to get much time for at all.

Sean

Buyer Beware

Reviewed on 2021/01/20

It has been a waste of time.

It has been a waste of time.

Pros

It was easy to understand and integrate with quickbooks.

Cons

This is a good system for someone that sits at their computer and someone that has alot of time to message back and forth with support for a couple of days to get an issue resolved, if you can get a resolution. They would rather give you options that take more time from you running your company so they don't have to change and or evolve the system to make things more efficient and give all the information that you need to see in the system. For the last year and a half I have been dealing with this company and I would rather call my cable company or cell phone company then to have to deal with the messaging back and forth with the support team. They do not have a number to call and get quick answers or responses. They also don't offer email to use with your domain which is something that most other software companies do when they offer a web domain. They are not going to change anything that you suggest even though they say the listen to what you suggest. Listening and doing are two different things. This company has set my company back do to their unwillingness to evolve the system. Truly check around, other companies might charge more but I wish I would have saw this review before I signed up, because the extra money it would cost with other companies would have saved alot of time wasted and time is money. They don't care about your time.

Cheeper
JULIE

This software changed my life and kept my relationship together!

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

it makes my job way easier AND we were able to have a paperless office.

it makes my job way easier AND we were able to have a paperless office.

Pros

Ok so my partner and I started a new business together and I was using Joist which, for free, is a sweet app but I quickly realized that a serious business needed a serious software to help with logistics. Demo ensued and... Long story short our sales person was really cool and answered all of my difficult questions with ease. And trust me I am an office gorilla. And if you are trying to bamboozle me, well, I have those maternal instincts that can smell bamboozling a mile away. the program was easy to use and easy to learn. It has a real-time app that my tech in the field uses, it is partnered with zillow so the service address shows up with all the juicy details, bed/bathroom, sq ft, price it sold for . my tech uses the map function so he doesn't have to call me for directions. you can search specific date ranges and tag customers with specific tags for ROI data. It keeps a graph display dashboard of all the business vitals. Unlike other programs this one lets you pick the level you want to pay and for more you can get extra services. the lowest level still gives you plenty to run a successful business. I LOVE house call Sparky, the virtual text concierge, that reminds clients when their appointment is, confirms appt, tells them when the tech is en route and when a job is finished. There is a pay online feature, a "bill to separate address" feature, and the customer service is the BEST I've ever dealt with. they even take suggestions.

Cons

when you use the payment box to run a credit card it pops up in the center of the screen and you cant move it to see what the billing zip is on the screen below it.
I don't know if it's me but sometimes it takes a few seconds longer than I like to load between screens. There might be a toggle feature I am missing.
I work hard and I expect my technology to do the same.
I would like to see a little more flexibility in the price list feature. It should operate faster with the line item selection. If I pick something I know is in our saved price list it takes a minute for it to populate the selection box.
When you are inputting the prices of line items by hand the cursor goes to weird places in the price. drives me bonkers

Kenneth

FSM, CRM and Appointment Scheduler - All in one!

Reviewed on 2016/01/13

Pros

For 18 months we were looking for a software that could do three things:

1. Manage our customer database (CRM)
2. Schedule appointments and send automatic reminders to customers
3. Assign and dispatch employees to jobs (Field Service Management)

It seemed every software was designed to do one, MAYBE TWO, of these things, but no software could do all three. Then we found HouseCall Pro. It seemed almost too good to be true, but HouseCall does it all for us. We haven't looked back.

1. App for field technicians is awesome! Best I've seen.

2. Strong and powerful integration with Google -- autofills addresses and integrates with Maps.

3. Automatic e-mail reminders sent to customers.

4. Postcard marketing campaigns.

5. Quickbooks compatible.

6. Incomparable customer service. They have a friendly, helpful and intelligent group of people working for them. They are always there to listen to requests and solve problems. The messaging app within the desktop software lets you communicate with them directly anytime. They always seem to respond within mere minutes.

7. They are constantly releasing updates and improvements to the software. It gets better with every release and it shows they really listen to customer suggestions!

Cons

1. The schedule view is hard to read and use. When you are trying to get an overview of your resources and availability, you have to scroll left/right as well as up/down. It's made it hard for us, so we still have to rely on Google Calendar to view employee availability when trying to schedule jobs.

2. No automatic reminders sent to employees. There is a push notification one hour before a job starts, but this is not enough time for us. We want an email or test least a day, even a week, in advance.

3. Few customization options. (eg - You cannot rename "professional" to "stylist" or "technician" to suit your industry.) You can't include hyperlinks in follow-up emails to link customers to a satisfaction survey. (They have to copy/paste the address into the browser.)

4. No way to "black out" dates on scheduler for employee time off. Again, we still have to use Google Calendar. Although they just released "Non-Job Events" and this could serve as a possible workaround for us. We are looking into it!

5. The CRM is weak. (No multiple contacts for a business, no way to name different service addresses, no pipeline for making sales, etc.)

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Meh

Reviewed on 2022/08/11

It has always been MEH.....But after today I am heavily looking at getting far far FARRRR AWAY from this company!!!!! They have no care or concerns for their customers, or providing a functioning product.

Pros

Its okay, but definately not great. They spend alot of time upgrading features that have little use, meanwhile leaving important features with critical issues unresolved. (like automatic late fees, and changing customers name in invoice if you accidentally have the wrong one in field).

Cons

CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!! Absolutely the worst! If you like to hire companies that will treat you like a human being this isnt it. We had to close our bank account after being hacked, and open another one for our protection. (According to the bank). I realized I had no number for housecall pro and could not call them. I could not update my account, resulting in loss of customers since they would not be able to pay by credit card since we couldnt easily manage connecting our new account. The lady who called was unbelieveably rude! when I told her that I lost customers because we couldnt bill them because of their system issues, she said "well thats your perception"....ummmm,,, no, reality. And she was obviously 20 with a righteous attitude who feels that she is above all else. Just disgusting attitude. It made me realize that I could not believe I have paid and supported this company who fails to properly train employees in customer service.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is very valuable to us. We would love the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your experience. If you're open to discussing further, please send us an email at the address provided. Thank you again.