Showing 847 reviews of 814

Andy S.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Why you need to consider 15Five

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

I've worked for companies that had millions of dollars in revenue and companies that boasted many billions in revenue and both size orgs and every others that fall somewhere in between could find value in implementing this tool. The key is to use it consistently and be willing to objectively accept, analyze and use the data that is returned.

Pros

I'm in the 30th year of my working life and career and have been fortunate to have seen a lot tools that center around the human resources arena. There are a lot of good ones out there and I've used many of them with success. But there is something different about 15Five. This tool gives you the right-size touch points to measure your team's temperature all along the way. Too many companies rely on annual reviews, or semi-annual if they are proactive to gauge their employee's mindset and solicit feedback. Two days out of the year doesn't come close to providing meaningful data. 15Five offers up a non-threatening way to check-in with your team and make sure everyone is in the game. There have been times where the 1-5 scale for "how did the week go" produced a "3" response. It presented the opportunity to ask the right questions and correct any challenges within a 5-day timeframe instead of the traditional 6-month interval. In some instances, the lower rating was based on factors outside of work which is helpful to know as well because home and work life always comingle despite our best efforts to separate the two. All-in-all... an extremely valuable tool.

Cons

Perhaps a few more analytics for managers to check into but nothing that takes away from the overall value of the tool.

Brian B.

Keeps me organized

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Pros

It's a phenomenal tool for keeping organized. I love that you can leave notes and stay on task.

Cons

Nothing bad I can say. This is a game changer and something that I really appreciate using.

Shane M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

15Five completely changed the way we lead our team

Reviewed on 2016/07/10

I signed my team up for 15Five some time ago, hoping that this software would somehow tell me the questions I needed to ask to help them grow. When we first started our journey, the suggested questions quickly ran out, though! This was actually a great thing, as I could see the potential value, but now I needed to develop my own questions. This has been a MASSIVE recognition - software can't tell me what to ask my team, but it sure can help me create a culture with my own questions! We use 15Five to manage a nationally-disbursed Field Team of 27 associates, and routinely have extremely high satisfaction within the team. Just last week, I sent out a survey to the team to rate their managers on 8 key indicators (including 15Five interactions) - the result was a 97% favorable rating across all 8 KPIs. There's a lot that goes into that high rating, but 15Five is the glue that holds us together!

Pros

- It's easy to use week-to-week and serves are our "meeting space"
- The use of "repeatable questions" has allowed my team to evolve from conventional performance management solutions to an ongoing discussion of each associates performance
- The visuals in the Dashboards allow me to display to the rest of the organization how my team is trending and continues to get the chatter going with other teams who don't (yet) use 15Five
- The OKR feature allows us to coach our team on ensuring that they are trending well towards both their professional and personal goals

Cons

- I still struggle with the Question Queue, but have developed my own work-around to deal with that
- I wish that associates were not allowed to see other responses before submitting their own each week. There are some on my team that seem to look at other responses before submitting their own
- Associates should not be able to submit their responses before a pre-set date. My team is supposed to submit on Monday mornings. We are trying to drive a culture of reflection on Monday's before starting the week, but often they submit early (like on the weekend) - which has caused issues of them submitting before new questions rolled in.

David T.

15Five keeps personal goals in focus

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

I love it. I am still in the works of getting the most out of it, would love it even more if it had a percentage calculator for the objectives. That would save me some time. A training section would be very beneficial for people that have not OKR's before. It would save many headackes.

Pros

15five is simple and easy to manage. Through time it has helped me realize how a treat my goals, and no surprise turns out I plan a lot and achieve little due to the fact that I get distracted with other goals along the way and forget the base ones. 15five allows me to see that by the end of each week, so now I plan less but stick to the goals that matter.

I love the "High Fives" as I can congratulate team mates that helped me along the week. I also get high fives and get a sense to whom and what department my work is having the best impact, and which are not.

Cons

It does not have a statistical feature for the goals, so I use spread sheets to calculate goals that require a percentage. ANd most goals do if I want to have a sense of how much I have covered (20%, 33,54% etc.). So it still requires external tools to complete a report. A percentage calculator would be an easy thing to implement.

I just found out that there is a vacation feature. But it was really buried in the configuration pannel, I would expect to see it on a more relevant section, like the main navigation top bar.

OKR training for customers. I have seen a couple of blog posts, but not a training section that resembles more a mini course. Success stories using OKR's from customers would be awesome as well.

Excellent Way to Track Employee Goals and Sentiment

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

15Five has allowed my company to hold itself, its employees, and its departments accountable to their predefined as well as prescribed goals. The high five forum allows employees to boost each other. The goals sections hold the company and its employees accountable. The questions section lets an organization hear from its employees in a way traditional open forums do not.

Pros

15Five makes it easy to input and track personal, department, and company goals
A great app UX makes it easy to use on the go
The high five feature is great for company culture as it gives employees a forum to support each other and give public recognition
The questions feature lets you easily survey your department or entire organization, which is a great way to discover new ideas that management might not have thought of.

Cons

I don't have a single thing about this software that would keep me from recommending. It is, in my mind, the best I have encountered when it comes to goal tracking.

Anna Y.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Product for List-Making and Written Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

In our office, 15Five has been a great tool for communication and accountability for both weekly and ongoing projects. It has helped me and my supervisor keep track of my progress, it has helped me re-prioritize my daily goals as needed, and it has helped us as a community encourage one another in the little "wins" we have each week. I love how much positivity it generates in our office community.

Pros

I love that you can create goals for the next week AND add to your list of accomplishments other tasks that you got done during the week... and that there's room for comments to give updates on longer projects.

I also like the high fives -- it's a great way to keep the office positive and affirm people for the little things they do each week to make things go well.

Cons

I don't know if I need to know that I'm on time 57% of the weeks that I submit. I think it's good to hold users accountable for submitting and keeping track of streaks is nice for those who like "perfect attendance" type awards, but for those weeks when you're already underwater and barely getting your 15Five in by Monday... two days late, it doesn't feel good to have the software tell you afterwards, "Oh, and by the way, you're late a lot..."

Douglas M.

Generally helpful

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Generally positive - I do like this central place where I can keep track of work done, objectives, etc.

Pros

I like that it's a single place where my manager and I can coordinate on overall objectives and weekly tactical plans

Cons

Not always intuitive, sometimes requires me to re-write things to fit the format
Annoying that when I add items for the week that I did not submit the week before, I cannot comment on them and they are pre-checked as done.
Objectives aren't that flexible - sometimes I need sub-bullets and I have to break it up weirdly
Not easy to take notes / add action items while discussing items in 1:1 - I have to keep scrolling up and down - would be better to put the list of discussion topics side by side with notes fields or add functionality to the discussion topics where I can take notes on them and /or set action items

Christie W.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Keeps me in the loop...

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

My experience has been nothing but positive, as a small company we've used many softwares to manage our staff, projects, etc. and 15Five is one of the few that has stuck over time. We love that we can High Five people for big and small things. Our team is made up of many "word" loving members, and it's great to put that praise in writing each week in addition to the face to face "thank you's". Their team is also made up of some really incredible and professional people, there to help you along the way if you encounter any issues!

I recommend 15Five to other companies several times a month.

Pros

The thing I love the most about 15Five is that I feel in the loop without micromanaging my staff. I can easily pull up their account and see what tasks they're working to accomplish that week, hold them accountable without being in their face, and praise their efforts, all in one place!

Cons

I do wish there were more automated question selections that populated.

This is good tool aspect from HR Vision

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

The business aspect we solve many HR and Manager Problem

Pros

it has Easy interface - to work and use and also Great customer service
it Provides the performance management software

Cons

Analytics for managers to check the task.
it has a pre-set date Problem while submitting the task
In which each submission can only have one reviewer so this is not good from my side.

Response from 15Five

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us! I'm happy to hear you're getting value out of 15Five and will be sure to let our Customer Support team know they're doing a fantastic job taking care of our customers.

I also appreciate you sharing feedback on some of the limitations you've encountered in 15Five. We're very committed to continuously innovating our product and will be making several exciting releases in 2020 that will address many of our customers' most pressing pain points.

I'd love to hear more about how your organization is using 15Five today, including the benefits you're getting and challenges you're facing. Feel free to reach out!

Sreekumar J.

Helps to cultivate a habit of sharing and receiving feedback

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

Most of the prevailing performance appraisal methods are designed for the earlier way of working, non existing jobs, and most importantly not for the Millennials. So what else we can do? This is a question many forward looking companies must be asking and the answer is 15 Five.

When somebody is not performing, we need not wait for a quarter or a half year or a year to find that the employee is not performing and to arrive at a conclusion that he/she require improvement. Real time feedback is what we require to improve the performance of any employee. 15 Five is really helpful to solve this problem and recommend for any organisation with a will to keep their people happy, productive, stay relevant in their business.

Pros

No training is required to begin using
Simple on-boarding
Effective reminders
Once again overall UX is great

Cons

Nothing much,
May be pricing would be a concern for some emerging economies like India
Other language support also can be a concern

Patrick A.

15FIVE & work efficiency

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

I have enumerated the benefits I have derived in the "Pros" box.

Pros

1. Helps me to organize my work better
2. Setting priorities every week means prevent the possibility of missing important stuff undone
3. Helps me to stay on-course and get things done
4. Records are kept for my review and reflection
5. Easy to communicate ideas to my director or my team members instantly without waiting for formal meetings or doing big emails.

Cons

1. The week comes too quickly and if I was not able to finish what I set for previous week (s), it becomes repetitive
2. It takes time to review and comment on staff submission, and I envisage that to be demanding when a manager has more direct reports

Response from 15Five

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for sharing this great feedback with us. I understand your point about the week coming to quickly and creating repetition. One thing you can consider doing is leaving comments with your priorities to indicate to your manager that you're making progress on tasks, but still have work to do.

Additionally, teams can consider moving weekly check-in's to bi-weekly or even monthly, depending on what works best for them.

Feel free to reach out if you would like to discuss any of this in more depth.

Jon S.

Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Very positive. Drives structure to one on ones so we are better prepped and having deeper conversations. Allows for initiative tracking and weekly goals tracking to ensure we are holding ourselves and each other accountable to deliver on our committments.

Pros

simple to use and helps drive healthy habits to deliver for the business

Cons

Appears to be some lacking features but it might just be how my organization has deployed it

Robert D.

Personnel that look forward to their 15Five...

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Pros

I love that my staff ask about scheduling these opportunities to discuss what is going on within their areas of responsibility and follow through and track their own progress and development.

Cons

Sometimes it is very difficult to recover previous 15 Five meeting notes.

very basic tool for recording feedback

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Nice tool but eventually we moved off of it since it wasn't providing enough value.

Pros

15five is very simple to use which encourages interaction. You can provide a daily feed on your day, provide high fives to helpful team members, and that's really most of it.

Cons

Would have like better integration with other office productivity tools. Notifications got a little out of hand so our administrator had to dial it back down.

Rahul B.
  • Industry: Computer Games

One of the best Company Culture and Team Pulse management tools.

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

Without 15Five I'd have no idea what my whole company was thinking and no way to record their thoughts, ideas, feedback and act upon it.
We could do this via email or google docs but that means a lot of operational work to maintain docs and data and no clean way of providing two feedback or conversations.
15Five takes away all the headache and through a wonderful product delivers a simple and effective way to stay in touch with your team's pulse and culture and really act on great thoughts, conversations, feedback. Everyone should be using it.

Pros

Easy to use. No serious training required.
Lots of great features.
Simple and effective.

Cons

Would love for it to build OKRs management as well along with performance reviews mechanisms.

Stephanie marie H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great for team communication!

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

This really helps great a platform where staff can feel heard and valued by management, and best of all, it's delivered in a way that is easy to use and engaging. The questions are well formulated, and often lead to deeper discussion in our 1:1's, helping to create a better team environment. It's helped our team culture, as each member feels invited and supported in speaking their truth and gets immediate feedback from their supervisor, and praise from their teammates!

Cons

For our set up as a scattered team, often based out of different locations, it can be difficult to sit down on a weekly basis to complete, but this is also exactly why it's needed.

Bin Y.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

easy communication to your developers

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

it is great tool to check weekly team plan, what we have done and some other topics that we want to discuss

Pros

private and efficient way to communicate with developers in my team and I can review it later to know what a developer has done over the past quarter and past year.
we can put both project plan, progress and issues we need to solve, and also discuss personal career growth

Cons

it would be great if we can connect the Jira to see how many tickets have been resolved (related to each working item)

Michael W.

15Five Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

Overall my experience with 15Five is a positive one. I like that I am able to provide my supervisor with feedback and take notes during meetings.

Pros

15Five is very intuitive. The user interface is very easy to navigate around and the self-help option is very useful if you are ever confused.

Cons

What I like least about 15Five is that the KPI's are not the way I am used to seeing them or visualizing them.

Response from 15Five

Hi, Michael,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the intuitive UI 15Five provides, as well as the challenges of getting used to a new way of working with OKRs (KPIs).

I'd love to hear more about your experience with this if you have time. Feel free to reach out!

Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

My business uses 15Five every week with great results!

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

My employees have been required to submit their 15Five every Friday for about the last 2 years. We are very happy with the software. It is a great platform for employees to voice their opinions, suggestions, concerns, and successes. It is also a great place for each manager to review and respond to their team in an open and structured avenue.

Cons

I can honestly say that I don't have anything negative to say about 15Five. It is a very valuable tool used every week for us!

Yael M.

Love tracking my personal development in 15Five

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

I've had a single place so showcase my accomplishments and outline challenges for my boss as a result of our use of 15Five.

Pros

I'm a remote employee so 15Five is necessary for me to track my development and growth with my manager.

Cons

Navigating between screens can feel confusing. Feels like they added more features over the years but didn't make it easy to navigate between them. Wish I could quickly move from my 15Five to my 1:1 to my weekly wins and challenges without all the extra clicks. But this is nitpicky.

Terri B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

15Five Kudos

See above

Pros

15Five is short and to the point. I have used other tools in the past that were never useful with being too long and were not effective. With 15Five, management can quickly see what you are working on and accomplishing on a weekly basis, along with knowing what your barriers are and how they can help. I had some pain points that I identified in 15Five, and they were worked on and resolved, which to me was outstanding and a very effective result with using the system (unlike other tools that I felt that I used in the past that brought nothing to the table).

Cons

I feel like you should be able to indicate when you are on vacation, and not filling it out, so as not to be dinged in your stats of completing a session or not completing a session.

Bridget H.

15five is a fantastic way to stay engaged with your employees. Easy to use and even fun!

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

It gives me an easy way to report weekly wins and struggles to my boss, and she can provide feedback right away without us needing to schedule a meeting.

Pros

It's totally accessible/easy to use, and it has options for public and private commenting. I love how the team leads can switch up the questions every week.

Cons

I wish the percentages up top based on my responsiveness would not ding me for missing a week when I'm out on vacation, but that might be a function of our administrators, not the software.

Becca H.

15Five has helped tremendously with communication and goals between teammates and those I...

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

It has helped inner team communication! And it has helped me improve my supervisor skills.

Pros

I like the objectives/goals and how they they integrate with the weekly tasks. I love the questions that you can setup for each report and that I can add my own questions for those i supervise. I also love the feature of adding things from the weekly 15Five to the 1-on-1 agendas!

Cons

Perhaps it is something that I just don't know how to do well, but I think the Department and company wide objectives could be integrated better. We have some setup but there is not a great way to divide out individual responsibilities without setting up individual objectives and linking them to the parent objective. I wish I could delegate key results of department objectives to individual objectives.

Nolan C.

Just wow!!

Reviewed on 2019/01/20

Pros

My favorite part about this software is how easy it makes giving and receiving feedback. In a small environment, communication is key and this helps a ton

Cons

Nothing so far. I've used it for roughly 4 months and love it