LastPass Reviews

LastPass

Integrated Access and Authentication

4.6/5 (72 reviews)
Chase P.

Crucial software, but it has it's quirks

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Our overall experience with LastPass has been positive. It solves the biggest problem for our employees by helping them create and use secure/random passwords. The security behind LastPass is great and we can trust it. However, recent acquisitions have raised the price of the product which add stress to the budget.

Pros

In a world where everything is online, you have to have a password manager if you are going to be safe. LastPass does this very nicely and works great. LastPass takes things one step further by allowing users to keep secure notes and share files in a secure manner. This works well for keeping track of API keys or other secrets that are not passwords. The browser plugin works most of the time and makes life much simpler. The ability to also see how secure your personal password practices are is also great to keep an eye on the company's overall security.

Cons

The browser plugin has had its issues with not working and popping up annoying banners and requiring the user to log in again. Sometimes the browser plugin won't grab the new password, or it gets confused with the domain you are on.

John S.

Lastpass is a convenient password manager that can save time and is secure.

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Pros

Lastpass is a software that has a wide variety of access. There are extensions for most modern browsers and there is even a mobile app for the mobile browsers. This makes accessing accounts easy from any device. Using the application, a password can be generated which saves that awkward time finding a secure password. Passwords are organized into various groups so finding a password is simple to do. One of the main features for a business is to share passwords which is easily done with encryption through Lastpass.

Cons

Lastpass does have some glitches which can make it a bit annoying. Sometimes, it just logs you out of the application and there can also be server issues. The pricing of the application does make an added cost for the business. The user interface is a bit outdated and clunky. There are a lot of unnecessary menus and it isn't organized very well. The customer support was also not that effective at solving some of the syncing issues I had.

Protect yourself, secure your credentials, and offload security concerns

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Face it. You need a password management service. Though it's subscription-based - for the prices, you can't ignore the security and convenience of storing your most valuable credentials and notes in the cloud. So protect yourself and your team; backup those credentials; and take a load off your shoulders by trusting in LastPass.

Pros

The web interface makes this password management services multi-platform accessible - meaning no matter what device or operating system your team is working with, everyone will be able to get on board and access the login credentials you are sharing.

The cost is also competitive when compared to 1Password and other password management services.

I like the streamlined UI the most. It makes it simple for users that have never dealt with password/vault-style management apps. LastPass uses big icons and simple workflows; while allowing power users to switch to tiered lists and shared folders.

Syncing is fast and reliable. The dashboard security stats are useful as well.

Cons

I can't help compare LastPass with 1Password in terms of UI design. I've asked friends, family, and coworkers what they like better - even doing a side-by-side comparison. And honestly, it's subjective. I'm partial to 1Password for personal use but others say LastPass is exactly what they need/can afford.

A Top-Notch Password Manager tool for everyone

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

Overall, I'm very happy in using LastPass on a daily basis; I'm sure they do their best to keep security and avoid any data breach, plus LastPass Enterprise offers useful solutions to have high-secure password-protected accounts.

Pros

LastPass Enterprise is an excellent password management tool for anyone. It's essential especially for us working in digital marketing fields, where the number of user's logins/passwords have exponentially increased,

Cons

A couple of times, in my own experience, sharing password via LastPass Enterprise has caused some bugs: I guess, this was because the receiver did not activated his/her own LastPass account before receiving the sharing email. So, before sharing any access, make sure that the person you're sending the login details has already a fully activated LastPass account!

Daniel H.

Never Share Passwords via Email ever again

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

I used it at work first, then signed up for another account for my personal stuff.

Pros

Last Pass is the tool to help you manage all of the usernames and passwords for all of the online vendors and websites that you have. Passwords can be organized and shared for individual teams and departments.

Last Pass is a must. It greatly enhances employee productivity, since they don't need to hunt down the correct password, they won't need to use the 'Forgot Password' option either

Cons

Every website has a different log in page and Last Pass isn't able to 'auto fill' on every website.

Other times I have to open up a separate tab to 'Open my vault' to copy and paste the username and password

Use this!

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

I have been using this program for several years without issue. It has never been hacked (to my knowledge) and it is super easy to use.

Pros

One log in for everything. I have tons of sites, passwords or even secure notes saved. They will generate passwords for your for encryption or you can use your own. When you log in somewhere new, it will prompt you to save your log in information.

Cons

When they save your information on a new log in, it simply dumps it into a collective file that you have to go back and organize later. I wish it would give you the option to do a full save (with group location and name) at the time you are doing a quick new log in.

Lynn W.

One Password to Rule them all

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

LastPass is now how I keep all my passwords. For my company I access many, many, many programs all with different programs, even with a lot of our programs running single sign on options. Long passed are the days of writing down your password for all to find.

Pros

Secure
Dont have to try and remember 3 billion passwords
Safer than storing your passwords in your browser
Share passwords among work groups that need access to a single point
Military grade encryption = peace of mind
Can be paired with DUO for dual authentication

Cons

If you do forget your master password, recovering it is kind of a pain... but maybe thats a good thing too

Lastpass helps me login everywhere easily and quickly

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

As mentioned previously, we use lastpass a lot within the team if we all need to login to Twitter for example, without sharing the actual password on Slack or another private online conversation. This just makes everything easier.

Pros

I NEVER remember my passwords. Without Lastpass I usually end up getting locked out of my websites or software. It allows us to share accounts within the team without unveiling passwords or remembering long complicated passwords. Very useful for my every day work.

Cons

A little embarassing, but I sometimes forget my lastpass master password .. oops! I find the "Forget password" link not the best.

LastPass Makes Password Management Easy!

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Overall LastPass is a great password management system for both personal use and collaboration.

Pros

Stores all of your passwords and makes it easy to search for a specific site. It also can create difficult passwords for you. If you need to share login info with someone, but don't want them to see what the password is, last pass can share login information with the password hidden. Great tool for both personal use and collaboration.

Cons

I haven't found much that I don't like about LastPass. Every once in a while I have trouble searching for a specific password because I named it differently.

Ministries B.

Secure Password Management

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Pros

This is a great tool that I have installed on all my browsers. It saves all my passwords, helps me create strong unique passwords that I don't have to remember, and it stores valuable information like credit cards or other sensitive information. The option to be able to share passwords with other users is super great in my opinion. You're not having to just give them all of your info; you can just share passwords even without letting them see what it is.

Cons

Every once in awhile it won't recognize the site I'm on and not autofill the password.

Alessandro T.

Kudos!

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

LastPass has increased the security of our accounts and made them easy to access for our resources.

Pros

LastPass was deployed in our company last year. We were having difficulty sharing and storing passwords for multiple account and software license keys. But ever since we introduced LastPass our password resets have reduced drastically and our operations are running a lot smoother now. The best thing about LastPass is that it can be integrated with Chrome and Firefox and it has this amazing Security challenge feature which ensures that the password we are setting is strong enough.

Cons

While updating a password - instead of updating the old one, LastPass makes a new entry sometimes. Which is quite confusing.

David C.

Lastpass is a great password management tool that can help convenience and security.

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Pros

Lastpass has a lot of great features that makes it a great purchase. It has an automatic password generator using various criteria to make a extremely secure password that can't be brute forced. There is also an auto-login feature which can add a bit of extra convenience as it removes some redundancies. One of the best enterprise features is the ability to share passwords with fellow teammates securely. The use of encryption helps prevent passwords from leaking to unwanted people.

Cons

Lastpass can become an added cost to a business as the pure password management convenience might not be worth the subscription model. Furthermore, when Lastpass servers are down, some features are missing and unable to function properly. Lastpass can occasionally have some bugs where a log out might be needed or the app just doesn't recognize Touch ID.

Best Password keeper!

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

We use it to hold passwords for key accounts that everyone needs access to then we just add new employees to the account or take off ones that are leaving.

Pros

I love using LastPass because it allows you to onboard and give access to new employees must faster than we could before. It also makes offboarding easier because we can just delete the employee out of last pass -- ensuring our PCI compliance. It also takes the guess work out of how secure employees are making their passwords by generating very secure ones.

Cons

Nothing. I love everything about LastPass. It was initially a little confusing to set up but I think that's more on me than the software because I'm too proud to read support documentation.

Never Remember Another Password!

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

I absolutely LOVE LastPass. It's so easy to use both on the computer and mobile. It will automatically prompt you to create a password on new registrations, and those passwords are very secure. You just need to remember the master password to LastPass (or use fingerprint authentication on mobile) to access your passwords. You can also use 2-factor authentication to make things even more secure!

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't like to connect and makes you log in. But that's just about the only bad thing I can think of.

Somnath R.

Best password manager ever

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

LastPass is the go-to password manager for majority of the world. If you aren't using them, you should definitely start using it to make your passwords more secure.

Pros

LastPass is world's most trusted password manager that stores all of your confidential information after encrypting them. You can use it not only to store passwords but also to fill up forms, generate secure passwords store important and secret documents, etc.

Cons

I ami in love with Lastpass and do not have anything bad to report. However, the pricing can be a bit lower for large teams.

Rachelle G.

Very secure and easy to use among teams

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

I like how each the software is to use on a desktop. It's very secure and if needed you can use the built-in browser on the mobile version. I also think this software is amazing if being used by a team because you can choose which emails/users can access which passwords so they may continue to work throughout the day without interruption.

Cons

I do not like how you HAVE to use the built-in browser if using the mobile version. If you copy the password in the mobile version and then try to paste into a site you're accessing outside of the provided browser you will not be able to paste what you're needing. I think the mobile version could use a lot of work.

Vicente R.

Dont store your passwords in your browser

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Managing all my logins plus my client's logins is a bit overwhelming especially doing it on a regular basis and many times a day can be very time-consuming. Fortunately, LastPass comes to help by storing my passwords safely, encrypted and making them unique.

Pros

LastPass is really easy to use. Compared with browsers password management it brings a much more secure way of storing this important data. It can create unique passwords instead of having the same password used globally.

Cons

I can't see any con on my experience with LastPass.

Kimberly C.

Amazing Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

I sign into 6 web portals every morning at work, all with different user names and passwords. This is certainly a time saver, it's secure, and I don't have to worry about documenting my login information on a post-it, which is definitely not a secure way to manage sensitive passwords.

Pros

Besides being easy to setup / use, I now only have to manage 1 login for about 12 sign-ons that I use DAILY at work.

It saves time, it's secure and very easy to manage / update passwords within LastPass should they change.

I use this for business and personal.

Cons

My only con would be that I have 1 website that I do NOT wish to add to LastPass, but when I sign in to that website, I get asked if I want to add it to LastPass, and cannot figure out how to set it to NOT ask each time I visit that website. Maybe it's there, but I can't find it.

Matthew H.

Good password saving software

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Great for suggesting secured passwords and then remembering all passwords for ease of login.

Pros

I like how easy this software makes it to save all of you passwords in one place. It's great that I can use a different password for everything, and this software will automatically remember it.

Cons

Sometimes finding certain features can be difficult. Some of the features in the options menu don't explain what they do, so it's hard to know what turning them on or off will accomplish.

7.0/10
Anthony M.

One Password - Total Security

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

One of the biggest issues facing users today is password security. Reusing passwords and having guessable passwords is ruining peoples lives. We have instituted LastPass for over 2 years now and have used its secure password generator, 2FA, and password storage every day. This is the best way to maintain so many resource passwords in one place and maintain security.

Cons

Not much to complain about here. This works as well as we expected it to.

Ilyas P.

Lets forget the passwords

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

There are two major issues when we talk about passwords, that is
1. Creating a strong password.
2. Remembering it.

Above 2 issues are cleanly handled by LastPass using their password vault, browser extension, and mobile apps.
They've implemented lots of features and still keep on trying new features. Overall a good try.

Cons

The mobile app is not much friendly and sometimes the extensions are getting crashed automatically.

6.0/10

Once you start, you wonder how you went so long without it.

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

I realized that yes, a password manager is an amazing thing to behold as it not only saves time, it saves mental capacity and adds security.

Pros

The feeling of security and sense that LastPass has got your back is worth the price of admission alone. No more forgetting passwords, no more having to think of passwords, no more insecure passwords. The integration with my browser and phone is top notch.

Cons

Sometimes is gets passwords messed up, say if you update an old one. Also, the web interface is just barely passable, but luckily you don't need to use it very often if you have the chrome extension or phone app.

Sorin A.

Enterprise login management done right

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

We've used the Enterprise version of LastPass to secure about 40 computers and laptops - a few remote. We enjoyed how easy it was to setup for everyone and how quickly we could share passwords. We generally felt way more secure when we made this upgrade.

Pros

It's simple to get started - once you know such a piece of software exists. We struggled with different similar apps, but none were as straight-forward and beautiful, design-wise, as this one. It charmed us from the get go and allowed us to feel secure in our own network.

Cons

There were a few times when I felt the software missed its mark. Perhaps it was slow to respond or crashed (forcing you to re-login). Only a handful of times and it was quick to get back in, but it did happen and it was annoying.

Sachi P.

my first ever password securing software

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

For many days I avoided using lastpass , but after company policies I had to use .
It's highly secure, and they use various encryption technique to secure your password.
you can rest assured that , no one can ever access your password.
I will suggest ,every company should use these to secure credentials.

Cons

Again it comes with a huge price and needs an administrator role.

Roxana C.

Can't keep track of all the passwords you have? This is for you.

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

Writing your passwords in a notebook is not very safe. LastPass is the modern and safer "password notebook". It's super easy to save your passwords. Allowing you to share access to specific accounts or categories (ex: marketing things, admin. accounts, etc) with specific members of your office without having to actually give them the password, is my favorite part. Saves so much time and makes times save for my business.

Cons

Can't really think of anything that I don't like about this product! So far everything has been great!