1 707 reviews

1 707 reviews
Brian H.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Secure your online presence with LastPass

Reviewed on 2019/06/29

What is LastPass?
The simple answer is LastPass saves your passwords to the cloud, secured by your individual login user ID and a Master Password. Setting it up is painless, merely follow the prompts at LastPass.com and you will quickly be on your way. Make sure you follow the instructions for adding LastPass to your favorite browser, and add it to the browser you use on every computer you use. When you get the extension added, click on it and log yourself in, and voila you have access to your saved passwords vault in the cloud. Now, every time you go to a site you use, the first time you visit and login, it will recognize the user ID and password you used, and ask you if you want to save it to your vault. Change your password? No problem! Upon successfull login, LastPass will catch that you have entered a new password and ask you if you want to update your saved password. As the user ID and password is saved to your own private vault in the cloud, you now have that password to access the site again, from anywhere, meaning you don't have to remember it anymore or worse, write it down. Very useful for sites that require frequent password changes and sites that have odd password requirement. Removes the burden of micromanaging staff password choices by your IT department - they will thank you! Multiple logins for a site is supported, it includes a robust, easy to use form fill feature, and it offers to generate on its own super-secure passwords for use as well.

Pros

Available everywhere, LastPass is offered as standalone desktop software, and much more importantly, as a browser extension. Even iOS and Android have LastPass available as an app, with Android offering integration throughout most apps on your mobile device.

Cons

For personal use, I shy away from subscription-based software. I'd rather pay once and get to use it. Luckily LastPass for personal use can be used for free. For a business, the subscription however pays for itself in terms of productivity gains and reducing headaches and trouble tickets for your IT staff.

Jeff M.
Industry: Human Resources

LastPass -a Secure Password Manager for Team Collaboration

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Very positive as we need an easy to access, but secure, way to share passwords & credentials among work teams and clients. Our 50+ employee agency has used LastPass for 2+ years and we have never wavered on it's value.

Pros

We have a team of 50+ at our agency and LastPass is our go-to password/credential manager. It's super simple to set up, share access and manage passwords across teams and even clients. And LastPass takes security very very seriously with 2FA and authentication a key priority. We have to be ultra-sensitive to security as an agency as we handle so many credentials for client's websites, FTP and marketing tools.

Cons

The UI is good but not great. I find myself wanting to create a folder but the iconography is a bit confusing so I'll create a record. Easy to go back and do it right but I find myself making the same mistakes. The folder hierarchy could also be a bit better organized but it's not too bad. They are improving and updating all the time.

Craig S.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Password Management Made Simple

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

LastPass for Business software has helped me run my business without disturbance due to login issues. If its cost and complexity of password requirements can be reduce, it make LastPass for Busines more ROI friendly and easier to use. Another advise would be to integrate with Google Chrome or Internet Explorer browser by creating a plugin which can be installed into one of those browsers seamlessly. So, the browser can remember LastPass for Business password, so user doesn't struggle with resetting it.

Pros

I login to multiple email accounts and different kinds of software almost daily to update my e-commerce website, blog and to provide virtual support to my customers. So, I need to remember several passwords to run my business efficiently. LastPass for Business has been effective in managing all my logins and passwords so I don't have to keep resetting them. If I forget username or password of LastPass as well, then their support team helps me reset it by sending me a password reset link. In this way, my business processes are never interrupted due to login issues and I don't have to write my passwords anywhere.

Cons

There are couple of challenges I face when using the LastPass for Business software to manage by usernames and passwords. Firstly, I have to spend a portion of my budget to get access to the software. Secondly, its password is not easy to create because it has to meet a complex criteria of having a mix of numbers, alphabets, specials characters and at-least 14 characters long. If I forget it and reset, then I have to create a new one which is not the same as old one. Finally, if i forget my LassPast password as well as my email password, I won't be able to reset it on my own because I can't access support's reset email.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Kevin H.

Relative Solid Solution for Passwords

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

Overall, it has worked really well to not only document and share individual and group work passwords, but store emergency documentation in the case of an organizational disaster as well. We feel very confident that we can restore our IT systems in the event of a catastrophic equipment and/or personnel outage because of the availability of the service via any Internet connection.

Pros

The best feature of this software is the seamless integration between browsers and devices. It does not matter where an employee is; they are able to access their work credentials, their shared group credentials, and any personal passwords as well if they choose to link their personal and work LastPass accounts together. It has made universal password management a breeze.

Cons

The administrator console for the software feels slow and clunky, and at times is not very intuitive. Additionally, if a user gets “stuck” trying to access their account during the provisioning process it can take a good amount of work and resets to get everything operational again.

Abdul waudud C.

LastPass is a Life Changer for Me, I Love It

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/08/24

I will continue using Lastpass happily ever after.

Pros

As a developer, i need to access many sites or apps regularly. And for all these sites I need a username and password. And like everyone, I forgot my username and password quite often. So, before start using LastPass I used to have an excel file to store all my usernames and password, which was not very user friendly and error-prone. And on an occasion, one of my clients shares website access via LastPass and I start using LastPass. I was fascinated by the usefulness of the features of LastPass. I just need to remember the LastPass master password and LastPass take care of the rest. It can remember your password, organize your passwords, generate a strong password, auto-fill contact form, strong authentication, share access without revealing the actual password, even it can auto-fill your payment details. It can be used as an online application, browser extension, mobile apps, and seamlessly run all your devices like PC, Laptop, Pad and mobile.

Cons

It's a little difficult to access LastPass manger if you try to access it from a new location and even if you have the right authentication. I know its for security purposes but in important moments it's annoying.

Hoang L.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great way to share passwords with other team members

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

Crucial tool for sharing and secure your passwords

Pros

Lastpass eliminates the needs to manually share and save passwords.
The password shared folder makes it very easy to share logins without showing the passwords to other users.

Cons

Sometimes the Chrome extension can be slow.
Lastpass on Android requires enabling permissions every time the autofill feature is used.

Secure and Simple

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

As a software developer with many accounts, Last Pass has saved me from remembering lots of passwords and prevented me from re-using the same password everywhere. Its definitely improved my online security a lot more and it works on my chrome browser and my android phone. It also lets me do a security check of my account and warm me of old passwords that could be changed.Overall love using the product for both personal and work related accounts.

Pros

Easy to add existing passwords automatically with a click when you log in. Its easy to update a password and use an auto-generated secure password. Auto-generated passwords are easy to create and customize to meet website requirements. Available on so many platforms and devices. Warns you if passwords are compromised, old, duplicated or too weak. Categorize accounts you have saved.

Cons

Seldom it does not integrate well with some websites and the auto change password feature does not usually work as advertised.

Dalibor K.
Industry: Maritime

Password manager number one

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Altough not perfect, this is best password manager and only acceptable with lot of features on Android. Windows is being done with any competitor, Android is really fully covered with lot of functionalities.

Pros

Laspass is password manager on steroids. Most important, it allows autocomplete and generating (and remembering) secure passwords. Passwords can be shared with coworkers securely. All you need is to remember one secure passwords and let lastpass help you remember or generate passwords for any site or application.

Cons

Autocomplete has issues sometimes, it closes the window, but that's rarely. Password sharing with coworkers could be more intuitive. Password generator is decent but "readable" passwords are still bit complicated (if you want to remember password specifically). Master password can be reset if you have access to your mail (that's ok functionality, but not secure). They also had breaches which is not great.

Jeff W.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

LastPass is a great enterprise-ready product for secure password storage and sharing

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

It has been a great enterprise tool that has kept us from storing password in insecure places or sharing passwords using insecure means (i.e., email)

Pros

Solid security, good organizational structure, functional browser plugins, easy integration with MFA

Cons

It can be difficult to share passwords from folders where you can view the current password, but are not allowed to share. This means you end up creating a duplicate of that item in a space where you can share just so that you can exchange the password with someone else. This duplication can lead to future confusion when you are updating sites and passwords.

Tristan D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Stellar experience for users and managers.

Reviewed on 2019/10/18

LastPass is amazing, especially compared to our former password management systems. We were able to move to LastPass easily and very quickly.

Pros

LastPass offers superior management options and extremely deep integrations. It allows us the option of an API and the ability to tie our current systems into it.

Cons

The LastPass API needs to grow more. More methods and options would be excellent and allow us to build deeper integrations. It also needs to have a G Suite integration.

Kyle R.
Industry: Cosmetics

I wish it was better, but it does what's needed

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

LastPass has definitely helped our overall security posture, but it has so many design flaws that it is frustrating. I can't say I love the product, and it's pace of development is terrible, but it does do what we need it to - mostly. I wish they improved the administration panel and removed the poor design choices of having separate management areas.

Pros

We have a large distributed team and needed a product to improve security and allow for shared logins. LastPass does fill this need, and for the users that fully engage with the product it's invaluable. It's browser-based plugin its fairly simple to use and it doesn't require an installed application like 1Password does.

Cons

The product design is dated and different parts of the admin console are separated in a seemingly non-sensical way. Want to manage users? Go to the Admin Console. Want to manage Shared Folders? Oh, that's under your personal dashboard.
We've had the product for over 2 years and while I imagine they have a substantial development team, product updates are slow or non-existent. I fear that since Logmein bought the company it has become a large bureaucracy and it shows in the product.
Lastly, getting user adoption is difficult, and not much has changed on that front.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Michael K.
Industry: Media Production
Company size: Self Employed

Seamless and and organizational life saver

Reviewed on 2019/08/11

I was hopelessly lost with endless spreadsheets and worried about keeping data secure. I found LastPass, utilized groups and autofill, and haven't looked back.

Pros

My life is so much more organized, and logins kept secure and randomized. I never worry or stress about keeping track of the many passwords in my life - they are all random bits of data now. From the mobile app to desktop, Groups, Shares without passwords,

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app stops filling and I have to re-enable accessibility options on android, the the fill window won't let me properly paste in info.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

I never think about passwords with LastPass

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

We use LastPass daily. To work with teams I don't know how we'd manage without it. We'd probably live and die by the "Forgot Password" option. It's quick to setup passwords and to manage them after the fact. At least a few times a month I hear someone complain about password management. I can't recall the last time this has been a problem for our team.

Pros

- The ability to manage a team with shared passwords
- Allow access to passwords without the ability to see them
- Create shared folders for specific teams
- The password generator
- The Authenticator app which auto logs you in without entering a code

Cons

- The mobile version at times doesn't work seamlessly with apps requiring multiple login attempts

Industry: Real Estate

Amazing Tool for Security

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

I love my experience with LastPass. I use it personally and for my small business and it saves me a lot of time and headaches when it comes to passwords. I also feel way more secure in my online vulnerability since using this and creating more secure passwords.

Pros

I use lastpass to keep track of all my passwords for various sites. I cannot stand the process of having a password reset when I'm in the middle of a task. It gets really frustrating to waste time, and LastPass saves me all that time on a consistent basis.

I also like that I am able to share passwords with my husband and we have access to passwords for services we share. I never have to call him to get a password anymore, which is really helpful to both of us.

The other service I really like about LastPass is that it has a browser add-on that allows me to generate a password when I sign up for an account on an website. I love that I am able do this, as it prevents me from using the same password over and over and I don't actually have to remember the password as I can access it from my phone, tablet or computer to login with one click.

I also love that LastPass is seamless throughout all devices. I can use it on my phone, tablet or computer and it is updated constantly. I also love that it can save different login information separately if you have two different user accounts on one website.

Cons

It can get a little confusing when trying to share a password with another user. My husband and I share passwords and logins for our utilities and shared accounts, so we share our password information with each other for ease of use. In LastPass you have the option to share the login information or the password, and it can be unclear which is which. We've had a few occasions where we thought we shared the password with each other and we actually had not given full permission.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

I cannot recommend LastPass enough - it has revolutionised my life

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

I honestly don't think I could survive now without LastPass. I have experienced no major issues, support are very quick to respond and the assistance provided is extremely accurate.

Pros

LastPass security is extremely high as you would expect off a company that provides a secure password service.
Before I used LastPass I maintained an encrypted excel document with my various passwords, some hadn't been changed for years and lacked complexity. When they were all entered into LastPass it it automatically scored them, suggested which ones needed changing, and best of all, generated secure string passwords of 48 characters, random upper & lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. All of my accounts now have extremely long secure passwords that I do not need to remember as I just have to remember my pass phrase that logs me into LastPass and they do the rest for me.
From an administrators point of view LastPass Enterprise allows the sharing of admin passwords, access of which can be restricted by Access Control Lists. This has greatly improved the reliability of admin passwords that we store.
Finally searching for the passwords is extremely easy - on web pages it automatically triggers if the URL has been set up, and when manually searching simply type the name of the program/account and it will filter the list.

Cons

The only issue I have had with LastPass is that the browser extension, when first installed, does not have a time out function. This needs to be manually set. As such inexperienced users may well end up leaving their passwords very insecure.
My suggestion would be to include a "set up" introduction where the default option of a 5 minute inactivity logout could be modified to however the user desires it. This would ideally need to be done before the browser extension becomes fully live.

Industry: Retail

Must-Have

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Pros

The core value proposition is the main pro: quickly creates complex, secure passwords and stores and organizes them for your easy access across the web and mobile apps on any device. Really love the security checkup and organized list of actions you should take to improve your score (security). Like the percentage score and comparison to others. Love that LastPass will go in and automatically change your passwords for many mainstream sites but that’s becoming less and less useful now that we use 2-factor authentication for so many (so it can’t). Ability to securely share passwords or vault with family members. Secure Notes section for storing info unrelated to a website. Ability to mark any record a Favorite for easier locating. Desktop app has a quick search box that pops up with a keyboard shortcut—love that. The addition of the in-app access on mobile was huge. Same with the new ability to replace Apple’s keychain with LastPass as default in the new iOS browser.

Cons

Biggest issue is that the desktop Safari browser extension stopped auto-filling a month or two ago. So I had to switch browsers which I’m not happy about.

Frustrating differences between LastPass versions (browser extension, mobile app integration, desktop Vault...): Can view password history on some and not others. Specific selection to generate new password to replace an existing one on some and not others (related to storing password history). When you can’t do that, the workaround to ensure I’ve stored both old and new passwords is a huge pain. Sync delays between versions.

I’ve stopped using the browser pop-up asking if you want to update a site’s password because I’ve had problems in the past with it screwing things up.

Some companies make you use the same username and password across their sites which may have different domain names. I wish LastPass would allow for a way to link them in their records. Now when I visit one of those sites, I have to dismiss their warning pop-up every time (warns that you’ve used that site’s password elsewhere online, which is a great feature in most cases), and if I change a password I have to remember to look up the other sites’ records and manually change those to match.

Would also like to see LastPass add more sites to the list that they can auto-update, but that’s just a wish list item, not a big deal.

This review makes it sound pretty horrible, but I really do love it. So much that I’m willing to put up with these downsides (in hopes that they’ll make the fixes eventually).

Industry: Utilities

Feature rich software, allows you to secure your enterprise passwords.

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

It helps me to be GDPR compliant by creating a secure environment for our passwords.

Pros

LastPass Enterprise is very suitable to enable your users to store logins and other information securely. You can sync with Active Directory and other sources, allow access to shared folders based on group membership and enforce various policies. This is all very flexible.
The reporting functionality allows you to monitor product usage and the 'security score' of your employees. If an account is known to be leaked to the web, your users can be notified about this thanks to the integration with HIBP.
Accounts can be secured with 2-factor authentication either using a push message to an Android/IOS app, or with Yubikey, Sesame, Google Authenticator or other options. This can also be enforced for specific users. You can link your enterprise account with a personal account for easy access to your private passwords. Read the deployment guide and you will be impressed.

Cons

Even after more than five years of enterprise deployment, I have a hard time getting my users loving LastPass. The interface is not consistent across browsers. Enabling the binary component (used for uploading attachments to your vault and for synchronizing the login status between browsers) is a hassle. Some preferences are saved in the extension, but not in your account preferences, like logout when idle, Other settings are done via the Vault. The mobile apps are not bug free, sometimes the autofill pop-up comes up on Android, sometimes it doesn't. On MacOS, the binary plugins sometimes hang. When reporting these issues to Support, it usually takes a long time to get them fixed. If they send them to Development, there is little or no feedback on the progress. So there is still a lot of room for improvement. The price doubled last year, which does not yet pay off although the competition is often more expensive and then I don't know where LastPass shines and they don't.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Brad H.
Industry: Computer Software

My team and I LOVE Last Pass! It's easy to use, helps secure your login credentials and so much more

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

It's very secure for supporting all of my passwords. I don't have to worry about remembering a bunch of different passwords, lastpass autogenerates secure passwords for me and remembers them for me. And allows me to access it from any device if I need to.

It allows me to share passwords with my team for products that charge extra for additional users when we don't necessarily need additional users.

It's fast and works really well all around. Not all software does that but it gives me confidence that I can trust it with my passwords.

It also allows you to auto-fill forms for saving time filling out repetitive address, email, phone #, cc info etc.

Pros

First off, with so many things to log in to it's impossible to follow good password procedure, which is important, especially with all of the hacks that go on. If a hacker gets one of your passwords, they know they can access a lot of your websites. Lastpass removes the pain of creating a secure password and having to remember it. You only have to create 1 secure lastpass password and you're golden.

One of the biggest pains it solves for my team is allowing us to share passwords/logins for software that charges extra if you need multiple users. As a small startup that can't afford to pay for each user for every software we use, this is huge for us.

It also makes onboarding new team members easier. We give them access to the services they need and can see what each service does in the notes section of the lastpass app. It also helps when my business partner signs up for a new software, I can know what it's for and viceversa.

I also feel more secure having my passwords on lastpass than on Chrome's password manager.

Cons

I think the design and user experience could be laid out a bit better, but it's good enough. The way they have it set up can make all of your passwords etc. feel overwhelming at times.

Also, there's the obvious downside that if you forget your password you could end up locked out of all of your accounts... So make sure you remember your password.

Madhu S.
Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: Self Employed

One-word: Indispensable - One of the greatest apps ever made.

Reviewed on 2017/09/10

Pros

Lastpass has 10 key pros:

1) Password generation and auto filling
LastPass generate secure passwords for every website you use. It saves them as well and automatically logs into the website. This means you can create passwords that are very difficult for hackers to guess, without having the trouble of remembering them.

2) Form fill
You can set up profiles with all your details allowing Lastpass to automatically fill in online forms for you.
You can even set up profiles for obscure details.
You can switch between profiles, which is handy if you have multiple email accounts or phone numbers.

3) Automatic password changing
For certain sites, Lastpass will automatically change your password.
This makes it a breeze to change your passwords on a regular basis, which is a good way to keep secure.

4) Alerts when a website has been hacked
If a website is known to be hacked, Lastpass will alert you to change your password. This will make sure that the hacker is stuck with an old password that is useful for them.

5) Hardware authentication
Lastpass can be linked to a hardware device such as your mobile phone.
That way, in order to login to your account, you will need your mobile, which keeps your account very secure.

6) Password sharing
You can share passwords. This is very useful in an office where multiple people might have access to the same website.

7) Excellent interface
The interface is very streamlined. It automatically pops up when you need it and then disappears when you don’t.

8) Multi-platform
Lastpass works on all platforms including Windows, Mac, Android. On mobile, it can even work with apps, which is a big time saver.

9) Password audit
Lastpass can audit your passwords to search for insecurities (such as duplicate passwords, old passwords or hacked passwords)

10) It’s free
Remarkably all these features are free (apart from Password sharing which is only in the premium plan).

Cons

Lastpass has one con. On certain websites it can forget to save the password you created, which will lock you out of the site. This is very rare, but it is annoying when it happens. As a workaround you can copy the password to your clipboard when it is created. That way, if it forgets to save the password, you can just paste it back into its database of your passwords.

Best Password Manager - Minus the Breeches

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

I've used it for close to 10 years, can't say I'd keep using it if it were bad. We tried Dashlane and while it had better security, the mobile features weren't as good, so we reverted back to LastPass.

Pros

Easy to use. Works on both desktop and mobile so I don't have to choose. Sharing passwords is easy.

Cons

There have been multiple data breeches and it is sometimes "too easy" to use. This can be a plus and a minus. Someone can hop on my computer, without any verification and everything is available to see.

Industry: Market Research

Great password manager!

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

It was so good that I also started to use a second LastPass account for personal use!

Pros

With all the tools I use at work or personally, and with all the different policies that every website/tool has, it can be a real challenge to have complex passwords. This is not an issue anymore as LastPass keeps your passwords for you so you have to memorise only one (the main one). Not having to memorise any password also give you the possibility to use incredibly complex passwords you would never be able to remember. You can also had more security with 2-step verification (this is actually very recommended considering it holds all your passwords).

Cons

There has been a few time when I was told to update my password extremely frequently (like several times within a week) while our company policy was not having such requirements. It seems I was not the only to face this issue in the company.

In another case, having several email accounts, the password of one of my account was updated with the password of another account. There was a popup though asking for confirmation but without thinking too much (and also believing it was a popup to add a new account, not to update one), I clicked OK too fast. Maybe having some different popup style for new accounts and updated accounts could avoid such issues.

More generally, as for any password manager, not remembering the main password could be an issue. Also, if anyone was able to hack LastPass, they would have access to many more passwords.

Keith A.
Industry: Religious Institutions
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

We were looking for a solution to how to best store all our different passwords. Whether it is user accounts or website logins, we needed a secure, easy way to share program for the entire IT team. LastPass allows all of this and with the added benefit of great reports.

Pros

The ability to get a quick report on all the activity and status of each user is awesome! I know how often the IT staff is using last pass and if everything is secure.

Cons

When you want to retrieve passwords for things NOT tied to a specific website, it can take more clicks and time than one would want.

Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

The Epitome of Convenience

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

I'm quite satisfied with LastPass Enterprise and I recommend it to anyone I know. It's something I personally cannot live without, and I use it daily.

Pros

LastPass Enterprise is a very useful service that allows users to enter all of their passwords for any account they own on any website on the web. The service is extremely secure, and also has a free version which is very suitable and well equipped for personal use. This product has essentially changed the way I work on the web. I never have any issues when it comes to remembering passwords and accounts. I can also access this information from anywhere I want, including my smartphone with the LastPass app. The service also automatically updates and secures any changes made to your passwords, and can randomly generate effective passwords if needed. It also gives you tips on how to make good passwords, when it's time to change passwords, or if there too many duplicate passwords for multiple accounts (security tips). Overall, the service is extremely vital for modern technology, where we can potentially have hundreds of accounts with different passwords. There's simply no convenient way to store these all and update them in realtime. Lastpass serves to keep this security and does it perfectly without issue.

Cons

If there are any cons at all it will be that the service is quite expensive and has problems living up to the competition which offers more at the same or cheaper cost.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A near-perfect password manager

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

I've used Lastpass for 3+ years and it has been a huge help in ensuring my security, and the integrity of my many accounts, are preserved. LastPass is an excellent tool that I highly recommend.

Pros

- The cost has risen since I originally started using it, but it is still very competitive. Great price.
- The mobile app is near flawless at being able to input login credentials into any website and app. On the rare occasion when it doesn't work, I can easily log into the mobile app with my fingerprint and copy the needed password.
- The ability to not only store secure password, but also secure "notes" is very useful. Especially for writing down keys or answers to security questions.
- The chrome browser app is excellent.
- LastPass has a security audit feature which checks all your passwords to tell you which should be changed (based on duplicity, simplicity, recent security breaches, etc.). Very helpful!

Cons

- The web app is dated. It has received an update recently but, overall, the web app is still clunky. Luckily, I hardly have to open the web app because everything can be handled from the chrome and mobile apps.
- The chrome app, as great as it is, tends to stop working from time to time (once every 2 months or so). So, over the course of the 3+ years I've used the tool, I've had to uninstall/reinstall at least 10 times.
- The auto-change password feature has never worked for me. It's touted as being a great feature, but until it works, it is useless.

Rob C.
Industry: Computer Software

One of the unsung heroes of my app list

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

As someone who uses a ton of web apps for my work, as well as logs in to dozens of websites for media consumption, shopping, and all the rest of online life, LastPass is critical to helping me stay safe and sane at the same time. I know maybe two of the passwords LastPass has saved for me, with LastPass remembering the rest. My accounts are much safer for using this app, and my life is also easier. There's no downside here.

Pros

From a security standpoint, LastPass changed the game for me. Where once I was the kind of person who alternated between a couple variations on the same password for everything, now every new signup I complete has a secure password that I'll never remember and will never need to remember. LastPass remembers for me. The sharing features are great, making it a cinch to get whatever passwords I need to whichever users need to use them, and the whole process is just so easy. LastPass autofills my passwords in the browser and on my mobile device. I just about never need to think about passwords or logins anymore. I suspect the time savings this offers, while modest on a per instance basis, add up to something significant over time.

Cons

LastPass is just a little inconsistent and finicky. Sometimes the sharing feature doesn't work very well, so you'll need to wait a while before the other party can log in. Sometimes the autocomplete feature won't work because the Chrome extension is trying to display some sort of message. Minor annoyances only, but annoyances all the same.