1 823 reviews

Integrated Access and Authentication

1 823 reviews
  • Industry: Photography
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

LastPass good product but let down by support

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

Overall my experience with the product itself was good. It has been very reliable over many years and contains most of the functionality you need. There are some features they have been slow to implement though and competitors have certainly taken the lead now though.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has been my go too for many years. It's fast, responsive and reliable. The integration of a personal account into your business account is superb, you can easily segregate your work and personal password management and if you move on from a company carry on using the personal account.

Cons

One area they could improve is the password creation capabilities. The ability to create passphrases would be beneficial. The area where they really let themselves down though is on support. The time to receive a response was poor and the response itself was inaccurate.

Daniel T.

LastPass - Save Hours of Lost Time

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

It saves me time and energy trying to recover passwords across various devices I use.

Pros

LastPass was a feature I started to use when I was going back and forth between computers. Sometimes passwords would be saved, sometimes they wouldn't be, and it was difficult to recover them.

You're ready to go in under 5 minutes when using this.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to the software. It did everything I was looking for it to do, and it still works wonderfully for my needs.

Kevin H.

Relative Solid Solution for Passwords

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

Overall, it has worked really well to not only document and share individual and group work passwords, but store emergency documentation in the case of an organizational disaster as well. We feel very confident that we can restore our IT systems in the event of a catastrophic equipment and/or personnel outage because of the availability of the service via any Internet connection.

Pros

The best feature of this software is the seamless integration between browsers and devices. It does not matter where an employee is; they are able to access their work credentials, their shared group credentials, and any personal passwords as well if they choose to link their personal and work LastPass accounts together. It has made universal password management a breeze.

Cons

The administrator console for the software feels slow and clunky, and at times is not very intuitive. Additionally, if a user gets “stuck” trying to access their account during the provisioning process it can take a good amount of work and resets to get everything operational again.

Must-Have

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Pros

The core value proposition is the main pro: quickly creates complex, secure passwords and stores and organizes them for your easy access across the web and mobile apps on any device. Really love the security checkup and organized list of actions you should take to improve your score (security). Like the percentage score and comparison to others. Love that LastPass will go in and automatically change your passwords for many mainstream sites but that’s becoming less and less useful now that we use 2-factor authentication for so many (so it can’t). Ability to securely share passwords or vault with family members. Secure Notes section for storing info unrelated to a website. Ability to mark any record a Favorite for easier locating. Desktop app has a quick search box that pops up with a keyboard shortcut—love that. The addition of the in-app access on mobile was huge. Same with the new ability to replace Apple’s keychain with LastPass as default in the new iOS browser.

Cons

Biggest issue is that the desktop Safari browser extension stopped auto-filling a month or two ago. So I had to switch browsers which I’m not happy about.

Frustrating differences between LastPass versions (browser extension, mobile app integration, desktop Vault...): Can view password history on some and not others. Specific selection to generate new password to replace an existing one on some and not others (related to storing password history). When you can’t do that, the workaround to ensure I’ve stored both old and new passwords is a huge pain. Sync delays between versions.

I’ve stopped using the browser pop-up asking if you want to update a site’s password because I’ve had problems in the past with it screwing things up.

Some companies make you use the same username and password across their sites which may have different domain names. I wish LastPass would allow for a way to link them in their records. Now when I visit one of those sites, I have to dismiss their warning pop-up every time (warns that you’ve used that site’s password elsewhere online, which is a great feature in most cases), and if I change a password I have to remember to look up the other sites’ records and manually change those to match.

Would also like to see LastPass add more sites to the list that they can auto-update, but that’s just a wish list item, not a big deal.

This review makes it sound pretty horrible, but I really do love it. So much that I’m willing to put up with these downsides (in hopes that they’ll make the fixes eventually).

Brad H.

My team and I LOVE Last Pass! It's easy to use, helps secure your login credentials and so...

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

It's very secure for supporting all of my passwords. I don't have to worry about remembering a bunch of different passwords, lastpass autogenerates secure passwords for me and remembers them for me. And allows me to access it from any device if I need to.

It allows me to share passwords with my team for products that charge extra for additional users when we don't necessarily need additional users.

It's fast and works really well all around. Not all software does that but it gives me confidence that I can trust it with my passwords.

It also allows you to auto-fill forms for saving time filling out repetitive address, email, phone #, cc info etc.

Pros

First off, with so many things to log in to it's impossible to follow good password procedure, which is important, especially with all of the hacks that go on. If a hacker gets one of your passwords, they know they can access a lot of your websites. Lastpass removes the pain of creating a secure password and having to remember it. You only have to create 1 secure lastpass password and you're golden.

One of the biggest pains it solves for my team is allowing us to share passwords/logins for software that charges extra if you need multiple users. As a small startup that can't afford to pay for each user for every software we use, this is huge for us.

It also makes onboarding new team members easier. We give them access to the services they need and can see what each service does in the notes section of the lastpass app. It also helps when my business partner signs up for a new software, I can know what it's for and viceversa.

I also feel more secure having my passwords on lastpass than on Chrome's password manager.

Cons

I think the design and user experience could be laid out a bit better, but it's good enough. The way they have it set up can make all of your passwords etc. feel overwhelming at times.

Also, there's the obvious downside that if you forget your password you could end up locked out of all of your accounts... So make sure you remember your password.

Best Password Manager - Minus the Breeches

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

I've used it for close to 10 years, can't say I'd keep using it if it were bad. We tried Dashlane and while it had better security, the mobile features weren't as good, so we reverted back to LastPass.

Pros

Easy to use. Works on both desktop and mobile so I don't have to choose. Sharing passwords is easy.

Cons

There have been multiple data breeches and it is sometimes "too easy" to use. This can be a plus and a minus. Someone can hop on my computer, without any verification and everything is available to see.

Timothy G.

Small bugs can be irritating but GREAT software and value for the money

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

I love the software and highly recommend it for every team. It promotes strong passwords and consolidates all credential information into a safe place. In addition, it makes entering credentials easier with autofill. The price is right, it works on a variety of platforms (including linux), and it works.

Pros

This is great for consolidating all of your accounts and passwords into one place. And, with it all in one place, it's easier to have randomly generated passwords becase LastPass will automatically sign you in to sites. The free version does everything you need. The Pro version is really just to support the company which is why I pay for it. The value is great, it works on multiple platforms, and it's easy to use. I highly recommend it.

Cons

There are small bugs such as LastPass not offering to remember an updated password sometimes. This can be annoying as it would force you to either hedge against that happening by copying the new PASSWORD into a text file somewhere or change the password again If you trusted the software to detect the change. It may be something that the specific sites are doing but it's annoying none the less. Other bugs include having to refresh the site to get autofill to work or the button to show up or having URL differences force the app to not recognize that you already have a login for this site. These bugs don't happen too often but when they do, they are annoying.

Secure and Simple

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

As a software developer with many accounts, Last Pass has saved me from remembering lots of passwords and prevented me from re-using the same password everywhere. Its definitely improved my online security a lot more and it works on my chrome browser and my android phone. It also lets me do a security check of my account and warm me of old passwords that could be changed.Overall love using the product for both personal and work related accounts.

Pros

Easy to add existing passwords automatically with a click when you log in. Its easy to update a password and use an auto-generated secure password. Auto-generated passwords are easy to create and customize to meet website requirements. Available on so many platforms and devices. Warns you if passwords are compromised, old, duplicated or too weak. Categorize accounts you have saved.

Cons

Seldom it does not integrate well with some websites and the auto change password feature does not usually work as advertised.

• Industry: Government Administration

Annoying to setup, seamless to use

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Overall I recommend, it solves a huge problem every company has. I just wish they had some better competition so we could resolve the annoying little issues...and maybe their UI/UX wouldn't be so horrible.

Pros

Overall I love LastPass. It has allowed me to modernize our entire team's approach to password management. Gone are the days of storing outdated passwords in an Excel sheet. I can now set more complex passwords for websites and only provide administrative access to a handful of people – removing the entire team's ability to change a password on a whim.

They also offer a full suite of apps – desktop, browser, and mobile.

Cons

Setting it up is a huge pain. The import process was finicky, transitioning my account over from a single user to a team took a few days to complete, and reaching out to support was completely useless (they just sent me to a link that was unrelated to my issue). I transitioned accounts as part of a test phase to ensure LastPass would work for our office, which I would assume would be a fairly common procedure.

Also, managing team members can be confusing. Overall, it works well but the UI/UX is just bad.

Give this to your parents for Christmas

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

I love that I can access all my passwords via one secure master password. It works on my phone, in my browser. It auto-completes on websites (and importantly this can be disabled per domain)and generates secure passwords during signup. I can login to the website if I need to access a password on the move, and I set my dad up with LastPass and I know his master password, which makes all of his inevitable daughter-tech-support phone calls much much easier to handle. My favourite feature might be the form-fill feature, so I store addresses and cards and LastPass autocompletes forms for me. I hate filling in forms while online shopping or signing up to services because I never remember my details, but now I don't have to :D.
It's also great for securely sharing passwords with others.

Cons

My main complaints are related to user interface. The admin panel is difficult to navigate and confusing, but fortunately other than initial setup, you don't spend too much time interacting in the admin panel, so it's manageable. The chrome extension also crashes occasionally which is annoying but turning it off and on again usually fixes it.

Courtney H.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Pros

I had been looking for a password manager for some time that is safe, secure, and easy to use - and I definitely found it. What I like most is the ability to save more than one account per site/software. This is extremely helpful for me as I typically work with more than one email for different reasons (work email vs personal email). I don't believe that this software would be very safe or functionally for the work that I do. I work with multple client accounts, so a software that had more levels to entry would be better. However, highly recommend this password managing software for personal use.

Cons

The one thing I would suggest to be beneficial, is the ability to save more than one password per entry. For example, I have a few accounts that require two separate passwords for a single login. This is a unique instance, but for LastPass is only recognizes the first and usually the first password keeps appearing even when I am trying to type in the second. Besides that, I really have no cons for this software, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs a simple password manager (for personal use only).

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

This tool is just perfect for those who forget

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

It's a great tool that made my virtual life a lot easier. I have to remember only one password now, I don't have to be concerned about my security and I always can easily access all of my logins. I'm very forgetful, that's why LastPass is so fantastic for me.

Pros

I always forget stuff. And when you have dozens or even hundreds various tools to use, you either forget your passwords, or use the same one. Well, I'm all about my privacy and safety, so using one password was not an option.

That's why I started using LastPass. It's just fantastic. You set it up once and then it does all for you. It will create you especially difficult passwords, every time it will be a different one. And only you'll be able to access all your tools and logins. LastPass will fill everything for you. It definitely makes your life easier.

And it works on all platforms! Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, even Chrome OS that I use sometimes! It's fantastic!

Cons

Sometimes LastPass might crash on Chrome OS. It's fine on Windows or Chrome browser but on Chrome OS it's a bit less stable. However, not many people use that OS, and I don't use it that often too, so I'm absolutely fine with that.

Justin B.

Indespensible tool to improve security

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Replacing "cheat sheets" where passwords are accessible to anyone near the person's desk. It's also not as easy as hacker opening up a plain-text file. Users can more quickly sign in. Users reset their passwords much less often. Users are much more likely to not have a universal password.

Pros

Makes passwords convenient enough that users stop using post-it's and "cheat sheets". It is much faster than having a user manually type it once or twice to get it passwords right. The option to share passwords fairly quickly with others is invaluable in my IT department. I feel very good about the company and having our data in the cloud. I feel it's very safe and near impossible for a hacker to get my encyrpted passwords that are only decrypted on my user side. We have one enterprise account that we use to be the main account and then we share it with personal accounts that are free. Some of our users we pay to upgrade to pro so they can access the passwords on their phones.

Cons

Sometimes it takes an hour for a new password to sync to my phone or another PC.

Concurrent access can leave you wondering which password is the newest.

Dario O.

Never Loose Your Passwords Again

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

I am using it for years and never had any problems with it. Everything is safe and secure, encrypted - your data is totaly safe. This is the best password keeping service I know and recommend it to everyone. Paid features are also good and useful. You can use it for free like me without any problems.

Pros

Easy to register, use and figure out. All you have to do is just install LastPass extension in your preferred browser, register, login and you are ready to go. It will store your passwords that you enter on sites and autologin if you choose so. When you switch computers all you have to do is install the extension again and login and you will have all your saved passwords with you on any computer. If you want to remove it from the computer, you just uninstall the extension from the browser and install on another computer. There are options to create folders for different password types, to store credit card data or any website info that you want to easily input like the address. It really saves time entering address, credit card info and user names & passwords.

Cons

For me there are no cons with this one.

Rabeah A.

Crucial for any business that needs to share sensitive passwords

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

Password management for our employees, once a member is added, it completely removes the question "Hey what was the password for X and Y?" from the workplace

Pros

The ability to share access to login information to websites/apps without allowing the team member to actually see the passwords.

For example, we hired an in-house designer on a 3-month contract to work with us. They needed access to the 30+ websites to complete their work. To mitigate risk, you don't want the contract worker to have access to those sites after their contract is completed. Instead of resetting passwords after they leave, you can use Last Pass to do the following:

- Admin has the contractor provide an email, where he sends out a request to join our Last Pass team.

- Contractor accepts, and we grant him/her the ability to auto-fill login information. They are not able to view the password at any point (all they see are the black dots when logging in)

- when the contract is us, you just remove that user from the team, and voila! They no longer have access to those passwords at all, removing the need to do any password changes.

Cons

The price is a bit steep, but its the best option on the market, so we just bite the bullet and pay for it.

Peter W.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Password management made easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

Lastpass is brilliant, I use it for personal use and my team uses it for work accounts. It's sleek, mobile-friendly interface is easy to use and navigate. The ability to categorize your passwords is great, being able to easily find old accounts and sort them in a logical manner.
Lasspass also offers the ability to automatically update your passwords (as long as the account your trying to update allows it), making updating old and in-secure passwords easy and effortless.
Lastpass will also generate a secure and crack-proof password for you when creating new accounts, ensuring your accounts are secure.

Cons

The main gripe I have with Lastpass is the problems it seems to have connecting to its own servers, I'm always getting warning messages that it's unable to connect to the internet, but I know for sure that I'm online.
It's not particularly easy to switch to another Lastpass account, without totally logging out of the existing one. The ability to have multiple accounts saved to one browser would be perfect.

Exactly what you would expect for managing passwords.

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

LastPass has given us the option to tighten down on security for our managed accounts well maintaining accessibility across several parties.

Pros

The platform does exactly what we need it for: manages passwords across hundreds of accounts. It makes organizing the hundreds of accounts possible without compromising security for the accounts.

Cons

The Chrome extension doesn't seem to be well optimized for managing as many passwords as we have. Sometimes it slows down logins and the Chrome application.

Tyler L.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Secure Password Manager

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Pros

Nowadays, with so many websites require unique passwords, it is extremely hard to keep track of all of them in a secure manner. This is where Lastpass comes in. It allows you to store your passwords in a secure vault and you only need to memorize one password after all of it is setup, your Lastpass master password. After all the setup, you get a very functional piece of software that supports multiple platforms and browsers. You set it up then you forget about it, that's how good it is. It also has other useful features baked in such as password generator which generates a very secure password for you.

Cons

I have found the android app and autofill to be slightly buggy since Android Oreo but the basic functions still perform fine. I am sure that the developers at Lastpass are hard at work solving these bugs. Other than that, Lastpass is and will remain as my goto password managing program because of how streamlined and universally available it is.

Daniel K.

Once you understand how it works it is very useful!

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Overall I do like it and I am also considering using Lastpass for my personal use as well (purchasing a single user account). For work it is definitely a time saver and less frustration with forgetting passwords. Also very beneficial for security purposes as the passwords generated are very secure (you can set this up as well manually).

Pros

It is very easy to add logins to your lastpass account and you do not need to worry about remembering your login information for all the different work tools you use. Forget creating passwords and remembering them. It is easy and safe for the end users and for the company it also provides security.

Cons

It was not easy at all to understand how it works. The UI is not that friendly and without internal company training it would be hard to understand how it actually works. Sharing passwords via last pass also was difficult and we ran into some issues with colleagues.

Having a better on-boarding tutorial would be needed for an easy place for learn content.

Keeps Account Logins straight in your company

Reviewed on 2019/09/07

I have been using LastPass for Home and Business over the past several years, and I can't imagine life without it.

Pros

LastPass for Business has made us get rid of the password spreadsheet that was shared around the company, and has made it easy to share and update passwords among multiple users.

Cons

The part I like least as that there are some quirks were websites will not fill in the information correctly.

Use complex passwords but never forget them.

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

I use LastPass in my company and on a personal level (Computer and Mobile), I never save passwords in the browser. Always LastPass!

Pros

Lastpass is easy to understand and use.

Thanks to its Chrome plugin you can save all your passwords in real time and automatically fill them in the sites you want.

The automatic generation of passwords is great, offering maximum security with complex passwords and at the same time peace of mind because it automatically saves them in your vault.

For companies and families it's great because you can manage who has access to certain passwords.

Also, LastPass is not just for passwords! You can also add notes, contacts and much more!

Cons

The website sometimes works a little slow.

It does not allow upload files .... it would be incredible if there was the possibility of uploading files and saving them safely.

It has no offline version.

Abigail D.

No need for handwritten password cheat sheets anymore

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

My team and I take advantage of the sharing feature quite a bit. I also love that you can login to all your saved sites with one single click. The autofill feature does the rest. The secure notes feature is also super handy for storing things like important phone numbers.

Pros

I used to have a very exhaustive list of usernames and passwords hidden beneath my keyboard -- obviously not the most effective (or secure) way to save this info. The worst was when I forgot to update the sheet to the most recent password; you'd get denied three times; your account would lock and then you're on hold with customer service for ten minutes trying to get in. With LastPass, you never need to write down another password again. You can rest assured knowing all your login info you handily and safely stored and accessible whenever (yes, even on your phone/tablet!) you need it. Brilliant.

Cons

Sometimes (and it's rare), my vault will list the password for my LastPass login as the password for each site in my vault. It's a bizarre and rare occurrence but can be remedied if I back out of the window and try again.

Stanley I.

A Veritable Tool for Password Management

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

I would say for the time I have used Lastpass Enterprise I find their Pros greater than their CON, therefore I will strongly recommend them for anyone needing a password manager for their business or company.

Pros

For years I have looked for ways to bypass the stress of re-inputting login details or information in a secured way, though different browsers seem to provide an option of re-inputting these information but in an unsecured way, everything seem to turn around when I discovered LastPass Enterprise I couldn't help but to remain in awe at the features it possesses. Firstly, I discovered I could save all my login information with just a single password that kept me excited and accomplished.
Secondly, it gives you the opportunity to share your password with your team bypassing the stress of having too many passwords for a single software or site.
I am highly grateful for the kind of interface it has which allows you navigate and move swiftly while using the software, irrelevant pop ups clears quickly while relevant ones remains. I couldn't ask for a better password manager as to Lastpass. Thank you

Cons

In as much as I really enjoy using this software, I discovered a simple glitch which needs to be worked on for a more efficient management, the pain of Lastpass not saving up password in some site in hurting and weakening, this CON should be looked and taken care of.

LastPass Has stood the test of time

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

We use it to securely manage a large number of web design client hosting and content management system logins. Our Developers are also happy with the ability to use SSH and a command-line interface to log in securely without the need to remember a ton of passwords.

Pros

It's fast and secure.

There have never been any data security breaches that affected my account (As far as I know)

Ubiquity. It easily integrates with browsers, smartphones and even log in via your desktop operating system! This is important for us as we have developers who work on less popular operating systems and need to navigate the web without any speed bumps. The LastPass command line interface app is one of the best extras.

Sharing passwords between teammates

Cons

A number of competitors have arisen over the years and I have been tempted to move to them.

No VPN service as far as I know.

Joe B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Forget about remembering passwords

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Saving passwords and secure notes is a breeze. The security assessment will also ensure staff members are not reusing passwords and have a good security score. The ability to set policies ensures you can configure the program to adhere to your companies password requirements. I will never go back to managing passwords manually.

Pros

I never have to remember a password again. With plugins in your browser and on mobile devices you will be able to auto fill passwords. When creating passwords you can generate complex passwords automatically. Using secure passwords is important, as is not reusing passwords, so trying to remember them all is impossible, lastpass will help keep your accounts secure.

Cons

Sometimes the browser doesnt sync notes quickly when another user makes a change, however logging in to the web portal rather than the browser plugin is a workaround.