1Password

4,7 (2 045)
Password manager for businesses and families

(2 045)

2045 Reviews

Tracy
Tracy

A must have tool for me.

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

I've been very pleased. They continue to innovate and I rely on their product every day. Now that I've upgraded to the latest Mac OS and I have the family version I can easily keep all of my info up to date easily on all of my devices and share logins with my family when needed. I'm VERY happy.

Pros

I started using this tool over 10 years ago. At the time I was making a transition from Windows to the Mac. I had already been using a password manager for a long time and 1Password seemed to be the best option for the Mac. Over the years I continued to use the standalone plugin on my single computer. I have recently transitioned to the option that keeps all my devices synced and I can't imagine ever going back.

Cons

There were times when I had to get various versions to remain compatible with certain OS changes. Some of the newer versions of the software were not running on older Mac OS versions. The support team was helpful in getting it sorted out.

Andrew
Andrew

Great Password Vault w/ Extensive Features

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Overall, 1Password has proven to be a very effective and reliable tool for my business needs. Its universal application amongst our team has substantially upgraded our internal security protocols, and its user friendly admin panel through the web browser makes password management relatively simple. I would highly recommend this product for anyone searching for a password management tool.

Pros

This particular password application is available for PC, Mac, and mobile, and I have been using it for all three types of devices. It has structured templates that make it easy to add, delete, or edit existing logins or banking information. Some of it's more beneficial advanced features include the Watchtower, which identifies weak, duplicate, and expiring password, the Password Generator, which allows you to easily create new passwords, and an advances search which can help you identify where specific passwords or usernames are located.

Cons

While the application is conveniently available via web browser, desktop, and mobile application, each format operates distinctly different. The mobile version, for example, has substantially limited features when compare to the browser and desktop app versions. In addition, organizations or teams can only be managed through the web browser version, which means you need an actually computer to add/delete users or edit permissions.

Lawrent
Lawrent

an impressive tool

Reviewed on 2022/04/22

Remembering all passwords can be a hassle especially if you don't want to keep too easy-to-guess passwords. 1password allowed me to quickly generate strong passwords and store (and forget) them, relying on the app to autofill and securely keep the passwords at hand. However, with similar services for free such as Keychain or Chrome's password management app, it makes me question the need for paid applications just to get a few more features. For the price though, those features might be worthwhile.

Pros

It is easy to create an account, affordable (starts at $2.99 a month), and very intuitive to use.
I like the Watchtower feature that alerts you of weak / compromised / reused passwords so you can keep up with your level of security. I like the autofill and password generator features, and the sense of security the app provides (multi-factor, auto sign-off, travel mode). 1 GB of encrypted file storage provides plenty of storage if you need that much.

Cons

like with any online service, basically, the fact that all my secure password are out in the cloud, is always a bit worrying.
I found Laspass's dark web feature interesting, and 1password seems to be missing it.

Elliot

1Password - Secure Password Management

Reviewed on 2023/11/08

Pros

1Password provides top-notch encryption and safeguards our passwords and sensitive data with protection. Knowing that our critical information is safe and encrypted gives us peace of mind in this age of digital vulnerabilities.

Cons

The cost can be a concern for smaller businesses or individual users, as it falls into the premium category of password managers. Additionally, some users may find the initial setup and integration process with various apps and browsers a bit time-consuming, but the extra effort is undoubtedly worthwhile for enhanced security.

Alex
Alex
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Market leader in corporate password and access management

Reviewed on 2023/06/21

Overall I’m happy with what 1Password provides, but for personal use I’m sticking with the free tier of BitWarden.

Pros

I like the UI design and the excellent browser plug-ins that allow me to sign in to any Web site or service without having to retype my password: the laptop’s built-in fingerprint reader takes care of that. The syncing between desktop and mobile devices works flawlessly, and it’s easy to generate new passwords and fill in custom form fields (such as checkboxes). I also really like the sharing feature that enables sharing one item with a coworker.

Cons

I don’t like the lock-in 1Password introduces by offering to couple the Family account to the work account. If I change employers, and the new one does not use 1Password, I would have to migrate my personal vault, which is always a hassle.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Happy to use 1Password

Reviewed on 2023/06/02

I purchased a 1Password subscription a few years ago when I was concerned about password repetition and account security, so I decided I needed a password manager. I ended up upgrading to a family subscription and convincing my wife and parents to utilize it as well. It has become such a part of my daily workflow that I can't imagine not having it.

Pros

1Password is easy to use and integrates with a variety of popular operating systems and browsers.

Cons

Moving passwords between vaults can be a little confusing for my less tech-savvy relatives, so it would be nice if this feature was more prominent.

Victoria
Victoria
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great password program

Reviewed on 2023/10/29

I really enjoy this program I really feel like my information is secure and no one's going to be able to access it or get to it and I love the way that it syncs up through multiple devices.

Pros

You can sync it between multiple devices it's quick it's easy it organizes them for you into cards by name or however you want to organize them The customer service is awesome And it's reasonably priced

Cons

I wish the aesthetics were a little bit more it's just plain white and blue sometimes it hurts my head but I love everything else

yossi

normal customer review

Reviewed on 2024/01/05

Pros

onepassword is easy to integrate and deploy

Cons

overall experience with this product is great

Atsou
Atsou
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Password deals

Reviewed on 2024/01/10

Pros

The 1password is always helping every of their users to generate strong and useful passwords from them. They're great in passwords management too in order to keep users confidentialities in a safe condition

Cons

It is just a good password management software but they need to add more other kind of features too.

Mina
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

1Password feedback

Reviewed on 2024/01/11

Pros

Safe and secured and user-friendly. Very easy to use.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about 1Password.

Bill

Good if you only need it for web sites

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

Pros

Using it with the Firefox plugin, it was very easy to use. It automatically filled in passwords on frequently visited sites, or offered to create a password and save it on new sites. The full 1Password web site was fairly easy to navigate. You can create as many vaults as needed to organize your passwords. As a tech consultant, I had 26 vaults and 1300 passwords. It handled the volume just fine.

My primary intent was to be able to share my own active password database with my customers, giving each access to their vault. For this it worked very well. If not for the problems with the phone app, I would still be using it.

Cons

For anything but web sites, 1Password became harder to use. I needed to be able to enter and look up alarm and door lock codes, account numbers and PINs, and other secure customer information, and do it on my laptop and phone. The phone app was the deal-breaker for me. I had to be careful when switching between the 1Password app and the app to which I was trying to authenticate. 1Password would often close and I would need to re-enter my master password. My alternative, KeepassDroid, stays open for a length of time you can choose, before locking again.

LastPass and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Looking for a way to share portions of my password database with customers.

KeePass

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

The sharing capability worked the way I needed it to.
Nick

Complex, But the Best Password Manager Out There

Reviewed on 2021/01/18

1Password is a software I would insist on using at any company, especially where sharing information amongst coworkers is essential, and—without question—when sharing virtual credit card information is necessary. It offers a lot of peace of mind in that regard.

Pros

I find 1Password to be the most secure answer to sharing most types of confidential information. Mostly, as the name suggests, this software is great for sharing passwords and/or full login credentials, but it's also great for securely storing credit card information, official eyes-only documents, and a great deal more. The browser integration specifically allows access to most of this information seamlessly, with no compromise in security.

Cons

I used 1Password for many years as a Team Member at another company, and now as the Owner/Administrator, I'm responsible for setting up the accounts of all employees. Onboarding new users tends to be a bit time consuming, and the desktop app and browser dashboards have completely different UIs, as does the browser extension, which sort of feels like I'm running three software trainings at once. It would streamline the onboarding process a lot if all of the UIs were consistent, but it's a small price to pay for what you get, and is entirely worth it.

OneLogin and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Partially, I chose 1Password because it's familiar. However, in choosing a password manager for the company I moved to, I exhausted my resources researching alternatives, and surveyed friends who work at other companies. 1Password was always the software of preference.
Jakub
  • Industry: Design

Once you get used to it you never stop

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

Great app with a set of features which the user finds userful only after some time using it. Like the Watchtower which gives you sort of warnings when there has been a breach in some services. Having th passwords saved somewhere else then the browser is im my opinion very practical and gives me confidance. As a skilled user I can sync my posswords over multiple machines even without using the cloud.

Pros

The application is fast and reliable. Passwords get stored securely and what mostly fascinates me is that the auto-fill feature really works all over the websites and it can be tweaked to work on local machines. Everything can be organized into folders and tagged. Finding a password is really easy.

Cons

The switch to the subscription model is understendable, but I did not like it in partiucular since I like my software licenced for a one-time fee.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

The appl was bought by LogMeIn and since the company did not go well on theLogMeIn application I decided to look for something else.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Transparency over company ownership and jurisdictional location.
Darryl

Stop being dumb and disorganized, get 1Password for your business & family!

Reviewed on 2021/06/09

Agilebits has really grown 1Password in the right direction. I've been with them for 10+ years and not only do they actually have support that respond, they even take the time to respond well. They could respond more quickly, but I'm not going to complain much about that, within 24 hours and a good response instead of 72 hours and a canned response... I'll take that any day!

Pros

1Password has evolved into a very nice software. Their Business Teams feature has been key in organizing our company virtually. Teaching staff why its so important to use random military grade passwords everywhere and never reusing the same password is key for any business that doesn't like to be hacked. People are pretty dumb when it comes to their passwords, 1Password, when used properly, sets the bar where it needs to be! Stop texting logins everywhere, use 1Password shared vaults to "transfer" a login or other sensitive data to a staff or family member! I've had my kids on it since age 3 with family vault so I can manage their logins, and teach them good practice on login management since day one.

Having access to all sensitive data on the go with the mobile app, priceless. Seriously, why are you still reading this GO BUY IT AND FORCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO USE IT!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say, which is strange for me, as I am a critical mind and almost always find something to complain about :) Oh I got one, my complaint is that NOT EVERYONE IS USING IT! Fix that Agilebits!

iCloud and LastPass

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

At the time I chose 1Password because they were standalone vaults that gave me full control over my own data and security. Now anymore, many choose LastPass for price, but I would never sacrifice all the features, support, ease of use, and security that 1pass has provided all these years. I have studied the cloud-based version of 1pass, was impressed with their white-paper on how the encryption works, and wouldn't trust anyone else with a cloud-based solution, ESPECIALLY NOT APPLE / iCLOUD!!!

Why would you use anything else?

Reviewed on 2021/11/28

Overall our experience has been great. Their support, via both email and Twitter, is top-notch. The UI is modern feeling and easy to navigate. The ability to share those required logins within our company is the most important part of this software, and it's the part that 1Password exceeds at.

Pros

The features and modern UI look of 1Password made this an easy choice. Vault management is a breeze, and setting up groups for each department with those vaults is easy. The built-in QR code scanner to set up MFA is a feature that is invaluable as it ensures an easy way for our employees to use this and make sure their accounts can be as safe as possible.

Cons

There is only one thing that is currently negative for us, and that is that there is no G Workspace integration. There is a SCIM bridge to help bridge between different directories, there is support for MS Active Directory, but there is not get any firm plans for G Workspace integration. While this is currently not deal-breaking, as we grow larger we may need to look at alternatives if this doesn't get on the roadmap.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Lastpass felt dated and it didn't feel like the updates they were making were useful to us or bringing the product up to a modern feel. 1Password was less buggy, has wider support across iOS apps and Web and just felt like a better product to use

Siddharth

Best password manager cross platform

Reviewed on 2023/04/02

1Password is a top brand in password management that works seamlessly with various browsers and operating systems. It can be accessed as a standalone app or browser extension, and comes with unique features like Travel Mode. It caters to both elite and day-to-day users, offering good password management capabilities. Besides all the thing the apps work flawlessly on every operating system, either it is windows, Mac or Android. The app is well optimized on every paltform

Pros

1password is a industry leading brand in the field of password manager. It is good to go and work smoothly across with all other browsers and operating system. It is available as standalone app as well as browser extension. Password management is good and comes with some unique features like travel mode. This app provide some features which are suitable for elite customer but also very good and accurate for day to day user.

Cons

Sometime security concern makes it difficult to use. The ease of access is also a fact. 1password required to login every time when I open a browser. Though it is good for security but typing password every time on the same personal computer makes it difficult. At least they should provide an option to stay logged in if user wants. If I have to type password every time, why I use a password manager.

RoboForm, Keeper Security and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

I just want to try this. I love to try every software in the category which I personally use in daily life.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Its app is well optimized on every platform. It is as accurate on Android as on Windows. Powerful encryption along with easy to use user interface makes it most considerable product.

1Password, the king of password management

Reviewed on 2021/02/13

Overall, 1Password Business is the 1Password we know and love, but it's for business. Additionally, everyone gets a 1Password Families which is a fantastic value. Plus, their support is fast and helpful.

Pros

First of all, the base product (1Password Personal) that facilitates password management, is terrific. Everything is made as easy as it can be, without sacrificing even one bit of security. It's easy to use, relatively easy to introduce into your life and then you can't live without it.

The 1Password for Families is even better, because not only you can securely share passwords, but each member has its own private vault. This means that Families includes everything in Personal. So you can encourage safe password practices in your family (which reduces the support in the future) but you can also help them safely recover their password should they forget it, without you getting access.

Now, when it comes to 1Password for Business, it has all the things you could expect (access rights, group, provisioning etc.) and it's exceptionally good. And its biggest advantage: every user gets a free, separate 1Password Families account for their family.

Cons

The only drawback I can think of, is the occasional feature that the competition may have (for example, automatic changing of your weak passwords) which 1Password refuses to implement, unless there's a 100% safe way for them to do it.
So, they might miss one or two smaller features, but their security is absolutely uncompromising.

LastPass and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Ultimate security, top-notch UX, fantastic support.
Alain
Alain
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent product for rewarding good password hygiene with easier logins

Reviewed on 2021/05/28

1Password is great to work with and their support team is responsive and honest. The product works smoothly and meets or exceeds our password management needs.

Pros

I really enjoy using 1Password. It is an integral part of my workflow. My colleagues have adopted it eagerly as well and it makes day to day logins into various systems much easier.

As an manager of a team of system administrators across security, cloud, and IT, one of the biggest wins 1Password gives me is a major reduction is password reset help tickets. That alone pays for the product.

Combine the user experience and reduction in workload with the awareness aspect of WatchTower and it makes 1Password an obvious choice for me and an easy recommendation for my peers in the industry.

Cons

As someone who has many accounts for the same service for different purposes, the lack of ability for the browser plugin to recognize which account is in the login form for auto-filling is a bit of a nuisance. Fixing this would be a major improvement to my workflow in the day.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Cleaner integration in the desktop across platforms and great mobile support. Overall 1Password is more polished than LastPass.
Alejandro
Alejandro

1password a good file, data and password manager

Reviewed on 2022/01/04

1password is a good password and data manager it helps me a lot to organize all my passwords in categories and with labels, as well as adding users to my vault safely. But to be honest it is not worth its price, it has very great features and the functions it has leave a lot to be desired, plus the platform and the browser extension have a horrible design and the experience is bad, so I decided to switch to LastPass.
Personally, I need something more robust, with more functions, more secure and that adapts to my business and that of my clients.
If you need something simple 1password is what you are looking for.

Pros

What he likes best is that I can create private and shared vaults to view all files together or view them separately in each vault. The "watchtower" option shows me the general security level of the passwords and also generates a breach report, this is excellent to keep the data safe. Other aspects that I liked is that it can organize my passwords with labels and categories and that I can add users to my vaults or share or export passwords to other accounts and applications.

Cons

1password does not have free plans, all its plans are subscription-based. Also what I did not like is that you cannot save files, the mobile application has some errors to connect with Dropbox and also the vulnerable passwords are not changed automatically as in LastPass.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Lastpass has a lot more features, is more secure, and has plans to suit my needs.

Probably the best password manager out there. Works across any devices and operating systems.

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Great password management for anyone.

Great password management for anyone.

Pros

1Password is a great way to manage and generate strong passwords. It is available as a stand alone application for Windows, Mac and Linux, as a browser plugin for most of the popular browsers out there (like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, etc) and it has native mobile apps for iOS and Android users.

Besides generating and storing passwords, it can also store secure notes, credit/debit cards, ftp logins and many others. It’s really well thought out and works seamless across all devices.

On iOS, it recently got an OS integration where you can autofill within most of your mobile apps which makes the process of sign in very easy and effortless. There is a similar process for Android users also.

If you are more conscious of where all this data is stored and trust Dropbox with this precious information, you can keep your vault (the place were all this information is stored), inside your dropbox account giving you more control with were your important data is stored.

Cons

There is no major issue to mention here. I do have to say that pricing is a bit on the up side of things. They moved to a subscription model which it’s a bit expensive from my point of view.

The good thing about their pricing structure is that you can buy a stand alone license for the current major version. This gives you lifetime access to this version and all the incremental updates that come along with it. They are pushing really hard for subscriptions and it’s harder to actually find how to purchase the stand alone license.

Carlos
Carlos
  • Industry: Entertainment

Convenience and security everywhere you go.

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

I often work on multiple stations. From my desktop computer; laptop; phone and tablet. Each day I have to access passwords for websites or when installing software on different computers.
What I like about OnePassword is that it keeps my access information in one place and organized. I can sync all my passwords with multiple devices and unlock with a master password. It also works with face detection in compatible devices.
I can also organize and save the license information for my software for backup purposes and even credit card information.
This is and essential tool when managing multiple sites and when I'm away from my main computer. It is hard to renumber multiple passwords and it's not recommended to always use the same password for every service and site. With OnePassword I only have to remember the master password and get access to my database. It can also be synced with Dropbox making it easy to update my list of passwords.
No more writing usernames and password on a piece of paper and modifying the list every time there is a change of information.

Pros

*Easy to use.
*Computer and Mobile App support.
*Extensions to use with most browsers
*Access saved passwords from anywhere
*Storage software keys and passwords
*Save credit card information for (Autofill)
*Minimal graphic user interface
*Compatible with multiple operative systems and browsers
*Free trial
*Low license fee with options to upgrade at discounted rates
*Master password can be also set as face detection.

Cons

*When a new major update is released you will need to also manually update your extension in your browsers and in some cases the configuration of the database.
*Integration with Dropbox is not always ideal, but it's a good option to keep a backup in the cloud.
*There is currently no two factor authentication
*Constant updates to keep track of (specially major updates)

I have used 1Password for several years and it is the single best investment that I have ever...

Reviewed on 2018/06/23

I can use complex and unique passwords for each of my 400+ accounts that are password protected. I also use the "Secure Notes" function to store things like encryption keys and software license numbers in case I need to retrieve them for any reason. I cannot stress enough how important this product is and the cost is less than a small coffee at many places.

Pros

In this day and age, when I see people using stupid passwords like their kid's birthday it makes me seriously question whether or not I should give them my data. The best password is so complex that it would be impossible to remember and never repeated for any of your accounts. Four years after buying 1Password, I have approximately 400 accounts each with different passwords that nobody is going to guess. The best part of this software is that there are plugins available for most major web browsers (I use Safari and Chrome). When I come to a website where I need to enter a store password, I simply open the plugin by entering my "1 password" and the software populates the website. I heavily rely on the iPhone and iPad apps which seamlessly sync with the software on my computer. The software will even alert you when you haven't changed a password for a period of time. Furthermore, if you change your password on a website, you will be prompted to update the entry in the Software, which it will do automatically upon clicking "update." In 2018, there is no good reason not to be using a password manager. Remember, I have like 400 password protected accounts and if even one of those companies has a data breach, I'd rather the hackers not get into my bank, credit card accounts, retail accounts, streaming services, and all the other accounts I use. Agile Bits is one of the leading developers in this area and 1Password software integrates well with just about anything.

Cons

It's not free. Seriously all joking aside, there is NOTHING bad about this software. My main gripe would be with developers who require a password that do not integrate with this software given how important it is.

W. Kent

I simply cannot fathom my password management without 1Password

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Pros

Even though I am a single individual I have amassed a surprisingly large number of online accounts. From banks, credit cards, subscriptions, online retailers, reward cards, etc. You name it. I currently have 270 individual login accounts, and yes, I use the majority of them at least once every month or two. There is no way in hades that I would be able to use unique and long passwords for each one. The password generator is a fantastic utility. I just look at the website's requirements and make the password the maximum length and complexity. Watchtower is great for data breaches that I might not otherwise know about and the "aging" of passwords is helpful to keep my rotation current. Storage of software, licenses, SSN, credit cards and the like is brilliant. I can fill in websites with my current info at one or two clicks. I was not crazy about the subscription change in 1Password 7 but as long as it stays at the current price for those of us who have switched, I think it is a good deal. I hope it never gets too expensive and we have no option but to pay or lose the program. I have been using 1Password since (If I remember correctly, Version 2 and have it on my iPhone and iPad. I cannot say enough good things.

Cons

I wish there was a way to stop a password / pin number being flagged as weak if you have no alternative to the length of the password/pin. Also, I would love a feature that made a smart list of logins that have not been used in a user specified period of time. Such as, "not used in 6 months, not used in 1 year, not used in 2 years.... etc. That way one could begin weeding out accounts set up for one use, and no longer needed. One could go to that site and delete the account so there are not "orphan" accounts lingering in the ether.

Carl-Erik
Carl-Erik

This is a no-brainer: buy this for your business!

Reviewed on 2021/06/07

This is the most secure, yet user-friendly, software solution available for password management in the enterprise. Screw LastPass, get thi. I can use it on any browser, I have it on all my phones, it has excellent 2FA abilities (got rid of both Microsoft and Google 2FA authenticators), etc.

Pros

Security and ease of use. So easy and great to administer.

Cons

I like pretty much everything, but for a long time I needed to have 2 1Password extensions installed. Both the "native" version that integrated with the desktop software and the web-only version, but now the web-only version has integration for the optional desktop software, so nowadays I have no complaints.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Poor security. Several breaches.

Bakari
Bakari
  • Industry: Media Production

I Use 1Password Daily

Reviewed on 2023/11/03

I rely on 1Password to help me quickly log into websites. I need to use its sorting feature to clean out old unused login information, but overall I'm very pleased with the app.

Pros

As a long-time user of 1Password, I've relied heavily on it to manage hundreds of my online logins. This application significantly helps me organize and safeguard my multiple online accounts. The ability to generate and store complex passwords securely has taken a load off my mind, knowing that my data is much safer from potential breaches.

I particularly love the seamless integration with all my Apple devices, allowing me to access my information whenever needed. The Quick Access window is another feature that I find incredibly useful. With a simple shortcut, I can easily search for and copy login information, which has significantly sped up my online activities.

Another aspect that I appreciate is the clean user interface. The ability to sort data by last used and changed makes navigation intuitive and hassle-free. It's convenient that 1Password saves deleted passwords in the trash in case I need to recover one.

In summary, 1Password has become an indispensable tool in my digital life. Its robust features, ease of use, and high level of security make it a top choice for anyone looking to enhance their online security.

Cons

There are no significant cons for 1Password. It has worked for me for years. They keep it updated, and I don't mind paying for the subscription.