1Password Reviews

1Password

Password manager for businesses and families

4.8/5 (28 reviews)

Really great password manager!

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

This is a really great product that fills a real need for my organization. Before passwords were kept on stickie notes, in random e-mails, or just memorized. Now we can have a central password store so that if anyone who knows any passwords is hit by a bus, we can actually get access to passwords for key systems and services.

Pros

I setup a 1Password account to be used as an account for a non-profit that I'm working for. I sent them an e-mail asking about non-profit pricing, and they responded pretty quickly with some substantially lower pricing on the teams and business product. I provided the necessary documentation to show that I was indeed working for a 501c3 non-profit and they applied the discount to my account quickly.

I really like the feature set of the product. I'd say that it's pretty comparable to LastPass in functionality because it provides all of the benefits that LastPass does (mobile app, browser extension, etc). I also like that it provides you with a custom domain for you to login with (it's really great to give this to users). It makes the password manager feel a little more personal.

It's really easy to setup vaults, and they have a lot of great pre-loaded categories of password types to use (Login, Web, etc) so I don't need to make my own templates.

Cons

I would say that the only thing that I really don't like about 1Password is the fact that when I login on a new browser and go to add a new password entry, the password generator utility sets itself back to the default settings (that don't include generating password with symbols). I would love it if once you set your preferences for password generation, that it would stay consistent among all of my logged in sessions.

Will S.

It's in the name

Reviewed on 2018/11/23

Personally, I don't use this at home-- my Mac can take care of this work itself. However, on a PC (at work), it is a necessity in my opinion. One password now opens everything you need, and each individual password is kept safely on log by 1Password. Don't worry about its security -- everything is locked behind security questions, and off the cloud.

Pros

1password does exactly what it sounds like -- makes it simpler to use your accounts through the use of one password entered into the 1Password system. You still have individual passwords to each account, it just makes it so you don't have to memorize all of them.

Cons

I can't really say there is anything I dislike about this product -- it is so simple and does exactly what it says it will do. Some might consider it a bit of a security risk -- figure out one password, and you've got them all, or so it would seem... But 1Password locks them behind heavy encryption and requires security questions. It seems the standard hacker would have such a hard time cracking this software that they might just decide to move on (I couldn't say with certainty, though).

Brandon G.

1password to rule them all

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

1Password is a great password manager which is very secure.

Pros

You only have to remember 1 password to access all your passwords. Easy to use app to manage team's passwords and important personal details and passwords.

Cons

If you forget your password you are pretty much screwed.

Steve T.

Finally - everything secure in one place!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

1Password's primary focus (appropriately) is on security. They also put a great amount of focus on usability, which is also much appreciated.

Cons

Nothing specific comes to mind. I purchased the family account and want my parents to use it more often - but that's their issue, not the software.

Justin B.

Excellent App - One of my Favourites!

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Pros

One password makes creating good security and password habits simple. I love its ease of use, regular updates from the developers and new feature additions.

Browser integrations make the app really quick to use, and its Watchtower function points out vulnerable and hacked passwords as well as those websites you use that have 2FA functionality which you haven't enabled.

Another great feature is the automation of two-factor authentication by handling one time passwords within the 1password app.

Its a fantastic app guys, keep up the great work. Can't wait to see integration with iOS password in iOS12!

Cons

1password is subscription based. I don't mind this though because the app is constantly being updated and new features added. I can see how much work is being put in behind the scenes, by the regularity of updates they send out.

Kim S.

1Password Has Saved Me Time and Headaches

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

My overall experience has been excellent. As I said every time the subject of passwords comes up I highly recommend 1Password. I can't imagine ever switching to another program. Love it!

Pros

I love that I now have all of my passwords in one place and at my fingertips. Before I had passwords scattered everywhere and could never find them. I was wasting so much time trying to figure out where I had them.

Cons

I really can think of no cons of this software. It has solved all of my password problems and I am always recommending it.

Jessie B.

Easy to use password keeper

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

I like that the master password you have is actually easy to memorize. It's also really easy to enter a password on any website using their chrome add on. Our IT also likes that they can share passwords with us employees and they can keep us from seeing that password so we can't share it further.

Cons

There are some website that it doesn't work well with (in my case, SEMrush) and it will try to fill a sign up form fill instead of a log in form.

The best, comprehensive, cross-platform manager of passwords and secure information

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Pros

+ Customer Support: Twitter, forums and direct e-mail
+ Password management, secure notes, secure attachments features with search field, quick access, tags etc.
+ Support for multiple 'vaults' (discrete collections of passwords e.g. work and personal)
+ Support for shared accounts/vaults for groups of people e.g. a team of people in an office
+ 2FA support built-in
+ Browser extensions to help fill in login credentials
+ Ease of use of desktop app, web app and mobile app

Cons

- Credit card information filling is still unreliable
- Quick access menu is still jittery

Diana B.

A no brainer for your own security

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

I am using 1Password for business, to keep all of my account credentials private. It's a no-brainer to use this. Its value exceeds the subscription cost to know that my accounts are protected and that I never have to remember another password.

Pros

I love that this is quickly accessible from a keyboard shortcut or my browser bar, and that I can easily set up secure passwords that I don't have to remember.

Cons

It tends to log me out a little quicker than I'd like, but I'm sure it's more secure that way. Just seems a little bit too soon, but there may be a log out setting I can update.

Scott M.

Can't imagine life before 1password.

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Single source for all my passwords. Not having them stored with Google is another benefit.

Pros

Easily store all my passwords, which are accessible across multiple devices/browsers etc. Also can store private notes securely.

Cons

It doesn't work with chrome canary (as far as I can tell), perhaps since the tech is bleeding edge. Otherwise no other cons spring to mind...

Warren T.

Great software, if you trust the cloud

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

Best-looking and best-ease-of-use password manager for the Mac. Unfortunately it has now moved to a cloud-based subscription, which has plenty of benefits, if you trust the cloud.

Cons

Wish there was a non-cloud desktop version for folks who are vary about their data being on the cloud, even though 1Password's encryption should be fine.

Brett S.

Absolutely Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

I use it everyday. I share it with my family and I tell everyone to use it.

Pros

It offers a high level of security and yet I can get access to anyone of my passwords within seconds.

Cons

Registering a new device can be tedious because it requires the master key. It always seems like when I'm trying to register a new device I don't have the key with me. I understand this is for security, but its still a pain.

Kelsey C.

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Overall, I really like having 1Password. The fact that it was recommendedy by my organization's IT department spoke volumes. It's really come in handy.

Pros

I was just recently introduced to this project by my organization's IT department and I love it. It's so great to have an easy to use and secure place to hold passwords. I use a lot of applications within my role and they all have to be different. It's tough to manage them all especially when they need to be reset every so often so this software makes management much easier.

Cons

At first, like many, I was skeptical to use this product because of security issues. It can be daunting to trust a web-extension to take over your password life for you. I found some information on their website about security and what to do in the event that you don't feel safe, so I would have liked to see more from them on that.

Must have tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

1Password is a number one tool that I use every single day

Pros

1Password gives me a piece of mind and assurance that all my an our company's sensitive information is in secure place.

Cons

Can't think of anything that I do not like

Ben S.

One of the best password managers available

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

Password managers are a crowded market, but 1Password is probably the best one I've ever used. It's secure, easy to use, and makes life a lot easier.

Cons

Manually installing updates is a minor hassle.

A Great Exprience

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If I didn't need to share my passwords and wanted a cloudbased solution like LastPass, I would still be using 1Password.

Pros

My years of using 1Password were wonderful and I loved that I could store my encrypted password file ON my own computer or within Dropbox.

Cons

But I need it on the cloud and wanted more sharing options.

Jason L.

Make it so easy

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

Excellent product use this daily to manage and create passwords, no complaints at all love it.

Cons

Would always like to see more features but no issues I can think of

Jordan P.

Love 1 Password!

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Pros

You need a password manager, and 1 Password is the one you need. It does everything, and does it well. I couldn't be happier.

Cons

I can't say that I've never had a glitch with the software, so I guess that's my only complaint... But obviously bug-fixes are released and things continue to get better.

Biagio A.

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

The possibility of Storing all the password of my accounts.

Cons

Nothing, i wouldn’t change anything of it

Excellent Password Manager

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

- synchronization across all my Apple devices
- cloud support
- multiple browsers integration
- credit card support

Cons

I can't really think of any major drawback in this software. Browser extension may get "stuck" sometimes. It'd be necessary to reopen the browser.

Secure storage

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

What I love most about this software is that I no longer have to have the same password for everything due to fear of forgetting, but now I can make them different and more secure and have a place to store them all so I dont have to remember them

Cons

This is a pretty simple software idea, storing info, so there really isn't much to not like. I have had issues with the software freezing and having to close and reopen it

Alexandre P.

The best password manager in the market

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

It is used for ensuring that critical accesses are protected by strong passwords. All the important accounts from our department are linked to 1Password.

Pros

1Password is really complete, has all the features of this kind of application. The security is top notch, the interface is super simple to use, the support is great and the price is fair.

Cons

Until now I don't anything to complain about 1Password.

Digital Security

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

Ease of use across multiple devices (laptop and phone) The added security just leaves a good sense when generating and saving new passwords.

Cons

Mobile could use a minor tweak, when signed in on the phone, then using 1Password to sign in on one of my services, the icon for 1password to fill the field was there, but would not populate.

Nicholas M.

Electronic Fort Knox!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

This software makes it very easy and SAFE to store personal information and passwords and notes on your device without the fear of anyone being able to access them. The app can formulate highly secure passwords and encrypt them from outside hackers. I keep all of my stuff in here, and am able to access it from any of my devices with my fingerprint.

Cons

I think it should require more than one form of identification to enter the application.

Diandra D.

Good for families

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Pros

I like that you have the option for more than one account, a lot of other password storing device services don't have that. Given how many websites require different passwords, some with one symbol, some with multiple, some with no sentences, etc, it's nice to safely store and secure everything to remember all your passwords, especially in a large family. The interface is friendly and easy to use, and has a very secure authentication for adding any new devices to your account. I'd definitely recommend to those who need to store multiple passwords.

Cons

Pricing structure can be somewhat confusing, and for some weird reason, I couldn't get it to work on Microsoft browsers. Will also not accept Paypal for payment.