1 403 reviews

1 403 reviews
David E.

Ease-Of Use and Reputation

Reviewed on 2020/07/11

It's easy to use, it's easy to describe and train others to use and it's secure / reliable.

Pros

Wide-spread availability of plugins and integrations

Cons

It sometimes has difficultly adding or updating from certain web sites, but that's probably more of security decision than a real con.

Bakari C.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Essential for Managing and Inputting Login Information

Reviewed on 2021/03/20

I use 1Password on a daily basis — at least a half-dozen times a day. Unfortunately not all websites make it easy to create accounts, and sometimes you have to use more than one login for an account. So 1Password’s easy accessibility on my Mac makes it easier to manage logins and security information.

Pros

I have been using 1Password for about a decade now, and I prefer it over Apple's Keychain application, because 1Password allows me to easily access my logins from the menu bar of my Mac or in the toolbar of my Safari web browser.

1Password is very useful for creating complicated passwords, and I could trigger a keyboard shortcut to quickly input login information when it website requires it.

I also use 1Password for tagging and sorting important logins, particularly in in the case of an emergency in which my family needs to access those tagged logins for various purposes. I also store my credit card information, software licenses, and

1Password handles two-factor authentication for sites that allow it, and it enables me to quickly update login information when I change it on various sites.

1Password is a very stable program that is regularly updated along with new versions of Mac OS.

Several years ago I started making sure that each of my logins has a different and complicated password to prevent hacking. The name 1Password means exactly that. You only have to remember one password to access and input logins for any website.

Cons

I would like to see 1Password include some specific features for handling data after the user has passed away or in case of emergency. For example, it would be great to have a category in which users can write out step-by-step instructions for accessing specified documents and logins, and maybe even a way for specified people to access the application on behalf of the user.

Timothy L.

Must Have for password management

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Pros

The price of the lowest tier is hard to beat, and its amazing to get passwords syncd to all my devices, I have more than 250 passwords saved in this app, and it is a huge time saver and life saver.

My wife and I share the app and it gives me peace of mind knowing I'm automatically sharing all our most important information with the click of a button, if anything ever happened to me, or if I wasn't available, she doesn't need to text me for the password, and I have to text her back (which is SOOO not a secure way to share pwds).

This app we both use everyday both personally and professionally, I can't recommend it enough

Cons

there are some ui things which are a little quirky, but nothing major. For example, if I'm looking in one vault and I search then things from my other vaults don't show up and I have to do a couple extra clicks to get there, it would be nice if I could automagically everytime search across all my vaults.

Bill B.

Good if you only need it for web sites

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

Pros

Using it with the Firefox plugin, it was very easy to use. It automatically filled in passwords on frequently visited sites, or offered to create a password and save it on new sites. The full 1Password web site was fairly easy to navigate. You can create as many vaults as needed to organize your passwords. As a tech consultant, I had 26 vaults and 1300 passwords. It handled the volume just fine.

My primary intent was to be able to share my own active password database with my customers, giving each access to their vault. For this it worked very well. If not for the problems with the phone app, I would still be using it.

Cons

For anything but web sites, 1Password became harder to use. I needed to be able to enter and look up alarm and door lock codes, account numbers and PINs, and other secure customer information, and do it on my laptop and phone. The phone app was the deal-breaker for me. I had to be careful when switching between the 1Password app and the app to which I was trying to authenticate. 1Password would often close and I would need to re-enter my master password. My alternative, KeepassDroid, stays open for a length of time you can choose, before locking again.

Michael L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Love 1Password!

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

I have loved using 1Password! It has been one of the most functional resources I have used in my line of work.

Pros

1Password has been a lifesaver for me. My memory sucks, and 1 Password saves so much important information for me and has been incredibly secure through the process of protecting my passwords. I love the iOS sharing between devices, and it is amazing to have all your passwords in one place!

Cons

I hate to pay for it, but it's worth it. It isn't much for the subscription, but this is literally the only con.

Brian H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Experience has been great. I started with standalone licence but now I use 1password subscription on a personal level and team work account. I don't know how we survived before without having 1password in the past. It takes the guesswork of all the accounts we have to manage. We have over 1000 passwords for all the web accounts, network switches, projectors, computers, laptop carts, and credit cards. A team of four of us all use 1password to access / mangange and keep accounts credentials up to date. It is wonderful.

On a personal level I know if God forbid anything happened to me today. My wife would not have to spend days trying to log into or reset my critical accounts (life insurance, credit cards, SSN, smart phonw log in, home WIFI...) We have everything in there. All she has to do is open 1Password, select a category or start typing keywords and see will have the account info and notes see needs in seconds. This gives me great comfort knowing she can access all this needed information quickly.

Pros

Everything. Clean look. Simple to use. Open and Fill is a big time saver.
I love however you can integrate it into the autofill on IOS passwords.
I see apps developing with the 1Password icon for quick log in
Supports 2SV

Cons

There is not much I have found that I dislike.
I wish I could make some custom categories.
I wish the standalone licence would have a changed password history.

• Industry: Media Production

'Almost' ..... Flawless

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

For the most part, this app is 'flawless' and is a vital everyday experience on each and every internet visit.

You 'must' however, be 'religious' with your execution and interaction with the program...
garbage in <--> garbage out.

It almost goes without saying.... but just like you should 'organize' and categorize all of your photos, music tracks, file structures.... you still have to keep on top of managing all of your 'secure' information. This app will help with that, but just like the ab cruncher doesn't actually get you flat abs, you still have to do ALL of the reps, every day, for a year or two.

I keep 'everything' in the is app. Passports, Drivers Licence, Birth Certificates, Credit Cards... I mean 'everything'...... (including scanned PDF copies of the original documents)... and this is where it gets a bit 'messy'. They 'used' to keep each record with each document embedded, but they recently changed the documents to appear as 'separate' entries with hyperlinks to those documents.... so now, you have to edit in a link to your document, but to get 'back' to your record, you also have to edit in a link back!!!... (not to mention scanning all of your documents).... it's a huge pain in the rear.

Plus, you will be continually weeding and sorting duplicate passwords, weak passwords, and compromised passwords. They do include 'tools' to use with this, including sorting by date, so that can make things easier... but if you don't keep on top of it, it gets away.

Pros

Security, All in one place. Don't need to remember more than one password. Multi-Platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), multi-browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox etc)... Convenience of having everything with you, all of the time. Makes creating new passwords a breeze, so joining sites etc, is easy.

Cons

Doesn't 'always' work with web pages. Can get 'messy'. Yet another blood sucking leech on your bank account. Your master password needs to be 'strong' (long, multi character, mix of words, numbers, symbols).... and you must continually enter it - unless you have a fingerprint or face recognition option. Limited categories. If you want to keep the make and model of your car for example, you'll have to settle for a 'generic' note... SplashID has 'better' categories.

Probably the best password manager out there. Works across any devices and operating systems.

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Great password management for anyone.

Pros

1Password is a great way to manage and generate strong passwords. It is available as a stand alone application for Windows, Mac and Linux, as a browser plugin for most of the popular browsers out there (like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, etc) and it has native mobile apps for iOS and Android users.

Besides generating and storing passwords, it can also store secure notes, credit/debit cards, ftp logins and many others. It’s really well thought out and works seamless across all devices.

On iOS, it recently got an OS integration where you can autofill within most of your mobile apps which makes the process of sign in very easy and effortless. There is a similar process for Android users also.

If you are more conscious of where all this data is stored and trust Dropbox with this precious information, you can keep your vault (the place were all this information is stored), inside your dropbox account giving you more control with were your important data is stored.

Cons

There is no major issue to mention here. I do have to say that pricing is a bit on the up side of things. They moved to a subscription model which it’s a bit expensive from my point of view.

The good thing about their pricing structure is that you can buy a stand alone license for the current major version. This gives you lifetime access to this version and all the incremental updates that come along with it. They are pushing really hard for subscriptions and it’s harder to actually find how to purchase the stand alone license.

Lucas B.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Benefits of Team Collaboration with Password Management

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

My twin brother and I are entrepreneurs and have a venture studio. We partner with startup companies and help them build their businesses. Accordingly, we needed a solution where sharing of login credentials and secret notes worked smoothly with robust flexibility for managing user access. After using competing solutions, we realized team collaboration was not a core value of the other solutions. Fortunately, we discovered 1password and all of our desires have been fulfilled.

While my brother and I both of our own private login credentials for various services, a vast majority of logins credentials are shared. We soon realized that sharing login credentials with our team members was a fundamental way we operated. 1password provides the best and most secure solution for sharing passwords with team members.

Pros

- Sharing and collaboration are key advantages to their solution while security is still a top priority. Any folder can be easily shared or unshared. Folders can be shared with team members and even a guest.

- Flexibility in managing access to vaults. I can create vaults that are by default accessible by other administrators. Thus, I can give my twin brother (an administrator) immediate access when creating the vault. It is just as easy to uncheck the box to give other administrators access which turns the vault into a private one that I only have access to.

- Managing user access for team members is easy and intuitive. Once the vault is created, you can click on the settings for the vault from the main dashboard and add team members to have access. Once access is granted to a vault, the team member gets immediate access. Team members don’t need to wait around for changes to propagate to their user’s access.

- Editing and using login credential from the website is really easy. I enjoy how you can copy the pass with it being kept secret. Only when necessary, you can easily click a button to reveal the password. This makes it easier to collaborate with team members present while not compromising security.

Cons

- If you have a guest user, they can only have access to one vault. It doesn’t say this in the interface, but after a few times of trying to give a guest user access to a second vault and 1pass changing the access to the new vault only and removing access from the old one, I am pretty confident this is the intended functionality that isn’t apparent within their UI.

- Unable to move an item from one vault to another. Instead, if you want to item an item from one vault to another, you need to create a new duplicate item in the new vault and then delete the old one.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Near-perfect password manager across all of my devices, with a great family account featureset

Reviewed on 2018/09/08

Dead simple password management, sharing and entry

Pros

Firstly, I love the most basic premise of the tool: password management. 1Password makes it easy to generate secure length passwords on the fly, and then save these on first login. I can then access these passwords on any of my devices that I have connected 1Password to. Recently, there was an upgrade to allow for autofill within mobile apps, which has been an incredible time saver. It is painless to generate new passwords for different services, avoiding the pitfalls of using a consistent password. A year or so ago, a service I use had a password breach - however the password that was leaked was unique to that service which really contained the problem to just resetting that single account. I love the family account features, where me and my partner can keep shared access to the latest credentials for certain non-critical things like food apps or Netflix.

Cons

I have had various versions of 1Password, and at one point had a separate freelance and personal account. Merging things hasn't been super straightforward and at times I do find duplicate entries for sites, which is a bit of guesswork to figure out which entry is the current credentials. I've been cleaning these up as I go, but it would be nice to have some sort of 'de-dupe' feature. I was also having some errors with an older vault format in my newer account. Sometimes when saving credentials, especially from a reset email event, it struggles to save the username with the password, which leads to having to type it in next time. No major problems.

W. kent W.

I simply cannot fathom my password management without 1Password

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Pros

Even though I am a single individual I have amassed a surprisingly large number of online accounts. From banks, credit cards, subscriptions, online retailers, reward cards, etc. You name it. I currently have 270 individual login accounts, and yes, I use the majority of them at least once every month or two. There is no way in hades that I would be able to use unique and long passwords for each one. The password generator is a fantastic utility. I just look at the website's requirements and make the password the maximum length and complexity. Watchtower is great for data breaches that I might not otherwise know about and the "aging" of passwords is helpful to keep my rotation current. Storage of software, licenses, SSN, credit cards and the like is brilliant. I can fill in websites with my current info at one or two clicks. I was not crazy about the subscription change in 1Password 7 but as long as it stays at the current price for those of us who have switched, I think it is a good deal. I hope it never gets too expensive and we have no option but to pay or lose the program. I have been using 1Password since (If I remember correctly, Version 2 and have it on my iPhone and iPad. I cannot say enough good things.

Cons

I wish there was a way to stop a password / pin number being flagged as weak if you have no alternative to the length of the password/pin. Also, I would love a feature that made a smart list of logins that have not been used in a user specified period of time. Such as, "not used in 6 months, not used in 1 year, not used in 2 years.... etc. That way one could begin weeding out accounts set up for one use, and no longer needed. One could go to that site and delete the account so there are not "orphan" accounts lingering in the ether.

David R.

Awesome password manager - Highly recommended for all users tech-savvy or not

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Recommended for all users tech-savvy or not. You should be recommending password managers to friends, families and businesses to keep your passwords secure and 1Password is one of the best.

Pros

Does one thing great - It looks after your passwords for all your websites! This allows you to create one master strong password to access the 1Password software and then for every site login, you can create a random 64 character plus password which are super secure from brute force and other attacks. The manager also tells you if you have duplicate passwords, how old your passwords are and the "watchtower" feature lets you know if a site/user account may have been hacked and suggests to create a new password (ie. Like the "Have i been pwned" site which you can search your email to see if it has been compromised on a site).

Also great for sharing passwords across different teams in an organization, as well as allowing employees to maintain their own separate Personal Vault of passwords in the same application.

Cons

Sometimes in Chrome you need to fully close your browser and/or reinstall the browser extension to get the software working again. Doesn't happen often and generally its likely from Chrome updates, but its only a minor irritant.

Chris S.

The best Password Vault

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

It does so much more than just store passwords. It can quickly generate new passwords, store specific detailed information and is always there with a click or a touch or face id. Very well built.

Pros

The easy of use of this app is amazing. Great plugins, widgets, add-ons, and apps. Easy to access across all of my devices. Easy to share passwords and organize them all. Goes beyond just passwords. IDs, Bank Accounts, Passports, Membership Numbers, etc.

Cons

The cost any be a bit prohibitive. Especially since I have been using this app for over 5 years when it was once free. Would have been nice to get it free since I have been a long time user and beta tester.

Ron B.

Want to stay safe online? Got to use 1Password.

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

I have used this software forever. The developer is extremely responsive, and innovates with new operating system updates from Apple to use whatever new things Apple introduces. With iOS and OSX now, getting at my passwords with Face ID or on my Mac with unlock using my watch or thumb print is stupid simple and so straight forward. I would not move to any other software.

Pros

Makes it super easy to record and note new accounts you create on websites and offers to auto save them. When you jump to a website, autofill is stupid easy to the fields that are needed. Also, now with 2FA being almost a requirement, it manages those too and will put those codes on your clipboard and have them ready to paste when you need them. It will also tell you when those sites that use that feature have that available for you so that you are able to turn it on and keep your account secure. Generating passwords for your accounts are really easy too and having different vaults for work / personal are really nice. It's also multi-platform.

Cons

There is not really much not to like. Some may be turned off by the recurring subscription, but that's the market right now and it keeps you passwords safe and encrypted on their website. I really wish they made it easier to do the one time payment offline version, but they have hidden that more on their website to push you towards the subscription model.

Emily B.

1Password is the 1

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Love it. It's the most efficient and easy to use password keeper I've ever used.

Pros

1Password is easy to use and set up new users. The feature that allows for segmenting passwords at levels of access is great. I have sensitive sites specific to HR and Finance and I limit access only to those who are authorized to access those sites. I have passwords stored that are open to all and access various news sites we subscribe to. I also have a set of private passwords. It's really easy to keep organized as a result of this feature.

1Password is very easy to set up and easy for new users to figure out how to use for their passwords and to access existing company passwords. I've come to rely heavily on it and it never fails.

I also use it for my personal accounts on my home computer and there is never any confusion as to whether I am login into work or my own account. The way this is done is with a unique master password for each account.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to remember the master password. Sometimes it's annoying to get a popup every time you log in. Other than that no complaints.

Daniel W.

Easy to Secure Your Digital Life

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

1Password has changed how I use the Internet...for the better. I don't have to worry about which sites use which password. I can set unique specific passwords on every site, and I don't have to worry about all my passwords if one site gets compromised. The interface is super easy to use and all the apps I use (Mac, iOS) integrate seamlessly. There are a lot of password managers out there, but this is the best by far.

Pros

Things I love about 1Password:
- The developer is constantly updating the software to keep me safe online
- The integration of Have I Been Pwnd lets me know if my passwords have been compromised
- Ability to share passwords with family members but keep passwords for me private
- Lets me know if a website uses 2-factor authentication if I don't have it enabled
- Mobile apps keep me secure when I'm surfing the web on my phone

Cons

Things that could be better with 1Password:
- I wish there was a better upgrade path for long time usesr who bought, all the apps, to move to the subscription model they offer now (I spent a lot of money on the Mac apps and then I had to spend more money on the subscription)
- Not enough categories for my needs. Wish I could create my own categories

Lily D.

Moved from KeePass to 1Password and love it!

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

So far I love using 1Password and have found it to be secure and reliable!

Pros

This software seems more secure than other password portals I've used in the past. I love that I was able to easily import all of my passwords via a .csv and didn't have to sit there and manually type them all in when migrating to 1Password. You can also have shared passwords amongst your team/org that everyone may need access to, like the office wifi password that rotates/changes, and your own personal passwords that only you can access.

Cons

The only con I've experienced with this software thus far is that when I imported my passwords they went under the wrong "vault". I had to re-do this a few times to ensure they made it to the right place and also that they were aligned to the right system since it populates in alphabetical order.

John T.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

An Absolute LIFESAVER!

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

This saves countless hours over the course of a month and continues to do so. Well worth the nominal cost of the subscription.

Pros

Without a doubt, this is probably the most useful subscription-based software I currently utilize. I can't even imagine how many times this has saved me from having to resort to sifting through spreadsheets or Evernote documents. They absolutely love this platform on desktop as well as mobile.

Cons

I honestly can't see that there is anything that I do not like on 1Password. Previously we did experience some syncing issues between the Mac and mobile devices but this had been solved a few years back.

Peter W.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use password management

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

A very good piece of software, serving most of our team at work and ensuring our accounts and systems are properly protected.

Pros

The user interface of 1Password is great, it's mobile friendly, accessible with good color contrasts and works well across different web browsers.
The ability to identify poor passwords and offer good alternatives is very good, this saves considerable time and helps avoid potential security breaches.

Cons

1Password can sometimes be slow to load, this may be due to the face I have a huge number of passwords and data stored.

Kandice E.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

1Password changed

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

Pros

So, before they did their most recent update, it was a company FAVORITE!!! But it seems like the update they did made everything a little unclear and it changed so much that it made it almost like you needed to relearn the whole system.

Cons

Due to the update, it has been a huge learning curve relearning the app and we aren't sure that this is the solution for us anymore. We are looking around at LastPass. 9/10 of us use 1Password but 1 person uses LastPass so we may look into it.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Really great password manager!

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

This is a really great product that fills a real need for my organization. Before passwords were kept on stickie notes, in random e-mails, or just memorized. Now we can have a central password store so that if anyone who knows any passwords is hit by a bus, we can actually get access to passwords for key systems and services.

Pros

I setup a 1Password account to be used as an account for a non-profit that I'm working for. I sent them an e-mail asking about non-profit pricing, and they responded pretty quickly with some substantially lower pricing on the teams and business product. I provided the necessary documentation to show that I was indeed working for a 501c3 non-profit and they applied the discount to my account quickly.

I really like the feature set of the product. I'd say that it's pretty comparable to LastPass in functionality because it provides all of the benefits that LastPass does (mobile app, browser extension, etc). I also like that it provides you with a custom domain for you to login with (it's really great to give this to users). It makes the password manager feel a little more personal.

It's really easy to setup vaults, and they have a lot of great pre-loaded categories of password types to use (Login, Web, etc) so I don't need to make my own templates.

Cons

I would say that the only thing that I really don't like about 1Password is the fact that when I login on a new browser and go to add a new password entry, the password generator utility sets itself back to the default settings (that don't include generating password with symbols). I would love it if once you set your preferences for password generation, that it would stay consistent among all of my logged in sessions.

Information safe and convenient.

Reviewed on 2018/06/03

Pros

Intuitive interface makes keeping one's data safe effortless. Reduces friction for efficient workflows that keeps critical information secure. No excuse not to use random complex passwords for every logon. Great way to keep other personal information organized, private and backed up. Teaching family and student safe online practices with 1password as the backbone app. Excellent customer support and constant innovation. Latest updates to 1password in Chrome demonstrate drive for ongoing advancements. Affordable business model for families and teams. Watchtower is an added benefit!

Cons

Would like to be able to add images to secure notes, cards and memberships in iOS. Would like to be able to add 'loyalty' card numbers through photo of physical card and have automatic linking to loyalty company website. With a few tweaks 1password could also replace need for separate loyalty card app. Would love to see further integration of apple Wallet and Apple's Siri.

Misitura J.

Wow! Never forget your passwords again

Reviewed on 2020/12/26

overall, I will continue to use this software for all my password needs.

Pros

This software has ben very helpful to my organization. We always ran into the issue of forgetting passwords and important sensitive information. The moment we downloaded this software, we had a much better experience with all our frequent websites.

Cons

The dashboard for this software could use some modernization.

• Industry: Hospitality

The 1Password Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

One of the most important reasons on choosing 1Passwords is that, i am able to securely access my documents and other things and prevent myself from being breached in this time where its highly likely; I recommend other users out there to utilize 1Password that will help them manage thier passwords for all web logins.

Pros

When researching for a password manager, I found that 1Password is one of the best password managers to use out there; some of the great features for using 1Password that for the first time I have ever seen that a password manager is compatible with Mac, which is so great since I use my Mac for work related issues and personal use as well. 1Password has great customer support, unlimited password storage with 1GB document storage which I think its there cloud storage that they offer, A travel mode which I can remove important data from my device and I can retrieve it later, 1-year turn around to retrieve any lost passwords, two factor authentication that gives me the peace of mind when accessing the 1Password from any device, Cross-platform user, and Lastly, 1Password is compatible with various operating systems such as IOS, Android, Chrome, Windows,Mac and etc.

Cons

I have not found any issues using 1Password

Sean L.

Great for backup

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Great for backup/connection to different devices, especially if everything is stored already in your Apple Keychain, this is a good way to bridge the gap between devices.

Pros

I use 1Password as a backup for everything my Apple Keychain stores. Some sites and apps don't allow for autofill (at least not for me) and as opposed to opening an iOS device, settings, passwords, etc - I can open this app from the main page of my phone and find passwords and credit cards, router logins etc quickly and easily.

Cons

I wish I understood the difference between the free version which I have always been able to get from phone to phone and all of my passwords are there - thanks to iCloud, and the paid version. I don't know why someone would pay for it when everything is already stored in your cloud anyway.