Showing 356 reviews of 349

Bill.com

Bill.com makes business payments simple, fast, and secure

Showing 356 reviews of 349
Emily P.

Great new updates

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

I use bill.com multiple times a week to pay my clients bills. It’s easy to use and convenient to have everything in one place.

Pros

Bull.com has always been good but the newest version is extremely user friendly and saves a lot of time. I love how the software can detect the information right from the bill pdf so I don’t need ti type it in. It saves so much time.

Cons

I do not have any issues with bill.com. I have had a great user experience thus far and haven’t run into any issues.

Margaret W.

upgrade from schedule fly, integrative

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

I like that we can integrate our sales from our POS, Aloha, to our HotSchedules account to forecast sales and help control our labor costs.

Cons

I wish that the request off features were a little less confusing for our employees, and that we could view the total number of people scheduled on a certain shift at the bottom like with older versions of Hot Schedules.

Tracy V.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Streamlines AP to a paperless process

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

Time savings
Accountability - able to designate approvers for invoices

Pros

Paperless - don't have to print or mail payments or file invoices
Can quickly access PDF's of any invoice and all the accounting details

Cons

Syncing to QuickBooks Online has been a little tricky. There's definitely a learning curve to understand the limitations of the sync function and learn how to work around it.

Edward Z.

Good solution for AP

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Document inbox works well for reviewing AP items. easy to approve and pay people. Easy to pay people via ACH or check

Cons

Sync with xero takes a really really really long time, but this might be xero's fault not really sure.

Rosemary G.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

GREAT PROGRAM

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

I REALLY ENJOYED USING THIS PARTICULAR PROGRAM! IT WAS OF GREAT USE TO ME AT MY COMPANY AND I WAS ABLE SEE GREAT RESULTS.

Cons

I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING BADLY TO SAY ABOUT THE PROGRAM. NOT SURE IF ANY UPDATES WERE DONE SINCE I HAVE LAST USE IT.

Clay K.

Easy Payment Solution

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Allows us to have multi-level approval processes for paying our bills while syncing with multiple systems

Cons

The speed of which ACH payments are made to our vendors who are connected is very slow compared to modern payment solutions

Anthony R.

Bill.Com Is Perfect!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Amazing Product! killing it Bill.Com!

Pros

Bill.com is everything that our company needed to help us on the accounting side of things, it has brought simplicity and efficiency where we were lacking.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Bill.Com, what I originally thought was a flaw in the software actually turned out to be an un-realated computer issue.

Consulting Transaction are Made Easy with Bill.com

Reviewed on 2021/02/13

Bill.com allows us to manage our invoices and payments with simplicity. The ability to change a direct deposit account very quickly enables us to manage where any payments may go without having to repeatedly complete any paperwork for bank routing.

Pros

There are three factors that stood out for our use. First, integration into our workflow for invoicing was quite simple. The ability to use a feature-rich mobile app was also important. Lastly, the support for multiple bank accounts is helpful for deposits.

Cons

The filtering of invoice views seems a little misunderstood by some of our staff at times. Perhaps a different layout would be more friendly

Igor J.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Online payments.

Reviewed on 2018/09/09

Pros

Bill is very good service. The console is very easy to use, technical support is very fast and the commission is not too high.

Cons

For me there are not many drawbacks, maybe only the console is not modern but it works very quickly and does not cause problems.

Lynne D.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

GREAT Invoice and Accounting Softward

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

It has helped me customize my invoices and keep everything in one place which I like. I'm a beginner with accounting and it's not generally my thing. Now that I have my own business that I'm working on growing, I need to be more involved in this process. Bill.com makes it easy!

Pros

I love that this software makes it so easy to connect with businesses that I work with. I love the flexibility with invoicing and how it keeps track of my incoming revenue. I love that I can go in and add to an existing invoice and save it for next time to continue adding.

Cons

I am currently using the free version and started about a month ago. I have not found it easy to change things like my address and other things that should be pretty easy to navigate.

• Industry: Events Services

Terrible, just Terrible

Reviewed on 2019/12/22

The number of hoops that I had to jump through to get set up was time consuming. Bill.com has failed on so many levels I am shocked that the people running the place are able to even get out of bed in the morning, let alone operated a sophisticated billing company.

Pros

The only thing that might be of any interest is that it's EFT fee is baked into the monthly subscription fee plus $.50 per transaction.

Cons

Bill.com is supposed to sync payments recorded in Quickbooks, but it hasn't done that. That is a nightmare.
Bill.com allows clients to create their own invoices after sending them an invoice. Why??!! I had a client make their own invoice, assign their own number to that invoice, then pay the amount that was due, but it looks like I didn't get paid to the original invoice. WTF is that?

Bill.com holds onto your money for a number of day before sending it to your account. Totally ridiculous.

I have received multiple errors not permitting me to send money to vendors with no hope of resolution.

Response from Bill.com

Hello! We are sorry to hear you're having trouble with getting set up and Invoicing with Bill.com. We would love an opportunity to make it right! The fastest way to get your questions answered is through our Help Center. After you log in to the Bill.com account, click Support in the left navigation pane. In the Help Center, you can search for answers and click Contact Us to chat with us securely.

Payables with Bill.com

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Our bill paying is highly automated thanks to Bill.com.
Highly recommended.

Pros

Bill.com is great at managing payables. We have about 80% of our vendors now on ACH via Bill.com.
Integrating nicely into Xero (also into Quickbooks).

Cons

We would like to see a three way match in this product.
(purchase orders - shipping documents - invoices)

Albert G.

Down to earth platform.

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

Kudos great work.

Pros

I like this software. It's one of a kind which allows you to pay and get paid through various channels. Kudos.

Cons

The software though is good but has some limitations. But I guess that's not an issue. There's no perfect thing anywhere unless utopia.

Matthew S.

good product, poor service

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Good platform but can't get over the lack of service. Considering leaving

Pros

A sizable amount of time has been saved elimination paper checks for my medium sized retail business.

Cons

I had a couple simple questions regarding international payment options and could not be more displeased with the attempt at customer service. The fact that there is no phone service is always a red flag to me. They attempt to not service you at all with guides for FAQs but if you have a very specific question you will not find your answers. I needed 30 seconds of service and it took me 30 minutes. Very unhappy.

Rick N.

Beware the back-end!

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Eliminates redundancy in documentation (and data storage). Big reduction of time wasted in creating, formatting, and saving, re-saving and digitally signing every transaction. Easy to learn for non-accounting people. Reduces room for error in data-entry.

Pros

Ease of use for non-accounting staff. Consolidation of supporting documentation for A/P.

Cons

The cost--even users with minimal permissions (view only) cost the same as admins.
Cost per transaction is a bit high.
The back-end is impossible to customize. You cannot specify the accounts in QuickBooks Online that you want to use for payables, so they land wherever Bill.com decides and wreak havoc if you have specially designated A/P accounts for different compliance purposes.
Navigation is a bit clunky in places, especially when reviewing supporting documents (no scroll-through, only page-by-page).

Jen S.

Helps keep our invoices and bills organized and paid on time

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

Bill.com allows us to keep doing what we do, and not stress over the billing process. It streamlines and tracks everything for us.

Cons

The backend can get a little confusing, but for my purposes, it is fine

I use Bill.com to approve invoices for the AP team and to approve expense reports for my team

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Being able to approve invoices in one location.

Pros

I like that the search feature works so well in this software. If I only know a little bit about an invoice I'm looking for, I can pretty type anything in and it will find it. The approval feature is easy and it is also nice that I can make comments for the accounting team to see.

Cons

It would be nice to have access to reports even if you aren't an administrator. If I want to pull spend by vendor, I have to ask our Accounting Team to do this instead of just getting it myself which is definitely frustrating.

• Industry: Media Production

Bill helps my company keep track of our expenses and invoices.

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

I like that as an employee, it is easy for me to submit my expenses and invoices for our subcontractors quickly and easily.

Cons

I have had some issues in the past with the people who work at bill.com. For a couple of months straight they were reaching out about missing receipts... that I had already submitted. I was having to re-do a lot of my work because of a lack of organization on their end.

Ashleigh E.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Super straightforward once you get the hang of it!

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

- Hosting more than one company under one user profile.
- A simple overview of outstanding invoices upon login.
- Option to see if an invoice was accepted and approved and if payment is coming in.
- Option to make notes below invoices and tag team members.

Cons

- The learning curve is a little challenging in the beginning.
- It's not the prettiest software, but it works!

Patti H.

Bill.com

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

The process is very easy and I would highly recommend this software!

Pros

Ease of use entering bills and it syncs with Quickbooks. Also the Customer Service was excellent and very knowledgeable.

Cons

There are no reporting capabilities. It also is cumbersome when specifying a recurring payment. Also should allow auto payments with credit cards.

Makes using QuickBooks Online easier

Reviewed on 2018/12/23

I have a variety of clients and some of them that use QuickBooks Online use bill.com to help process payments to vendors. It really automates the process and saves time.

Pros

I like the fact that bill.com integrates with QuickBooks Online. I'm a QB ProAdvisor and often times have clients that need a solution to streamline their business processes. Fortunately, bill.com helps automate your business.

Cons

The pricing initial seems a bit expensive, however if you figure that bill.com could replace an employee or a portion of what an employee would do for you, it's a great value.

Jeremy F.

No API Access

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Pros

Connects to Quickbook Provides a way to store vendor data and records, Approvals are easy to use the ability to use Multiple Companies.

Cons

They charge extra money if you want to use the API. 2017 most companies that offer a SAAS product also provide API access.

Robert turner S.
  • Industry: Accounting

I love Bill dot come and turneraccountingroup.com

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

Its powerful it also syncs to quickbooks, its a great way for clients to pay a/p items remotely, one of the best programs on the market...today

Cons

Setup up is a bit difficult at first, so you will need help if your not real tecky , you can give it a try to get going.

Monica Y.

Easy to send and receive payments

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Friendly user/multiple accounts
Fast transfer of money as a way of payment
Can be linked to saving accounts or checking accounts

Cons

We like everything. We love sending and receiving payments better than other platforms. Low fee for transactions

Jennifer S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to use for paying bills.

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Pay bills from anywhere!

Pros

I like that the platform is in the cloud and accessible from any computer or mobile device. It makes it easier to pay bills in a quick and efficient manner. Gone are the days of having to be in the office to review invoices and sign printed checks. I can review each invoice in a slideshow, approve or deny and even add comments. It is very user friendly and the access anywhere is the biggest perk.

Cons

I don't like the large amount of emails notifications that they send. I did change the settings to manage the notifications but it still seems like there is a lot.