Blue Jeans Reviews

Blue Jeans

Cloud-based video conferencing

4.4/5 (255 reviews)

Are All VideoConference Systems Alike?

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

We've been using BlueJeans for three years or so now and have seen the product improve and found it essential to handling remote work conversations and for bringing in our international team for all-staff meetings. It's difficult to pinpoint the cause when there are issues: lag and sometimes ill-synching with audio/video can have many causes throughout a network throughout the world so I won't put that on BlueJeans. It's a rock solid piece of software.

Pros

Screensharing and the ability to annotate on screen are really good features. The desktop and mobile apps are relatively simple, elegant in design, and don't suffer the feature bloat that many other vid conf systems suffer.

Cons

I honestly hear "Welcome to BlueJeans" so many times a day that I just find myself wearying of the voice. :-)

Christi B.

Hands Down Best Video Communications Software

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

It is easy to host and join meetings with employees in other offices or that work remotely. It's also easy for me to join meetings when I am working remotely. This is super beneficial that just because I am out of the office I don't have to miss an important meeting.

Pros

Easy to use, always reliable, clear sound and pictures! I love that this integrates with Google Calendar and we can add a Blue Jeans link to a meeting invite when creating it. The technology of this software is super impressive. We hold meetings all the time with several offices and people around the world at the exact same time and there is little to no delay in their responses. It is also very convenient to be able to copy and paste the link to another employee to click on and join within a matter of seconds without any hassle of them having to log into an account, etc.

Cons

There is not anything that I don't like about this software. I only have a suggestion. It would be great if a large message could pop up on the screen or a voice could remind those that are remoting in to mute their phones or mics when they first enter the meeting. There have been several occasions where the meeting is already in full swing and someone joins later and we can hear them driving, eating, texting, etc and have to request they mute themselves. Their microphones need to be muted the moment they join the meeting so there isn't any interruption.

Amanda B.

Convenient software for videoconferencing

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Great product, but remember you’re not allowed to upload and show your own DVDs and videos – you have to rely on YouTube for that. Don’t forget to use the Outlook plug-in and calendar integration. For this, you may need to consult your IT team.

Pros

I like that BlueJeans has a Wi-Fi screen bar for me to check on the reliability of my Internet connection at any moment. Plus the feature where you can share the screen and choose which window/screen area exactly you want to show others. This has a nice side-effect for tutoring or training people – you can show others a document or presentation while privately going through other staff on your device. A perfect product for real-time video- and audio-conferences. Great for face-to-face remote communication, tutoring, training or teaching. I’d say it’s a quite solid tool for webinars as well. Love the AV quality – even when the connection is not so stable.

Cons

Just one very minor nitpick: I would prefer a pop-up message or something like that for people who want to connect that says they should mute their microphones and cell phones. From my own experience, it’s really annoying when people join a conference and everybody else has to listen to sounds around them (or in their phones). So I think it would be better to just mute them automatically, so others don’t have to remind them.

Vinuta P.

Number one video conferencing app

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

My favourite app for video communication. I do recommend people to use BlueJeans app. Their customer support goes above and beyond to get the issues resolved at the earliest.

Pros

Very good quality audio and video, good set of feature support and easy to use. Multiple browsers and platforms are supported. Their recent Mac app is great with added features.
The new solution for conference rooms is extremely quick to setup and has cool features. Their events product is great as well.

Cons

At times the initial setup on browsers can be tricky. But once set up there will be hardly any time where comes usage issues. At times there will be audio issues: choppy, unable to unmute etc. Compared to a few other products, price is a bit expensive. But given the quality it is acceptable.

Eman J.

BlueJeans is the best for office-wide or large clientele video conferences

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Overall, BlueJeans Video Communications made it easy for us to host and join a large-scale internal office meeting or client presentations. We haven't had any major issues in terms of connecting to the conference call.

Pros

BlueJeans Video Communications is the best so far in terms of hosting a large-scale video conferencing because it doesn't matter if the attendees to such video conference is as few as 3 or as many as 50+ since the overall quality is just the same. We shifted from FreeConferencePro and UberConference to BlueJeans Video Communications, because we had multiple mishaps before, and worst it happened during a client call. With BlueJeans Video Communications, we didn't experience any connectivity and disconnection issues. It is easy to use as well because you can connect to the conference via mobile or home phone, via the web link even without downloading the desktop version or the desktop version if you are the host of the conference.

Cons

What I least like about the software is that if you are the host, you are obliged to download the desktop version of BlueJeans Video Communications so that you can be assured that the full functionality will be working smoothly. I hope they make it possible as well that the web version will have no issues in screen sharing or file sharing.

Angela A.

Outstanding Solution!

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

Overall, all our meeting problem are gone, we have entered the world of BlueJeans, which keeps us connected to our clients all the time.

Pros

BlueJeans is a widely used meeting solution and our company adapted it a year ago. It is easy to configure and integrate. It's audio and video quality is splendid and we're happy that we opted this solution. What i like the most about this solution is its integration with Office 365 and the ability to share videos remotely without any interruption.
Also, it is easy for all our resources to join the meeting, we send them a link and by clicking the link and following the simple instruction they can join the meeting.

Cons

We have observed that video calls put a lot of load on the laptops and cause other applications to lag and respond slower than usual. We'd prefer it to be lighter and machine friendly.

Christopher M.

A fully functional video conferencing product that helps remote teams communicate better

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

BlueJeans is a quick and easy way to communicate with remote teams. So much communication can be missed on a phone call and definitely through emails. Video conferencing helps you capture the nuance of the conversation that you may miss otherwise and connect you to the people you are working with.

Pros

BlueJeans is fairly easy to get up and running. My favorite feature is that you do not need a moderate to join before the meeting starts as long as two or more participants join. You can join either by browser or app, on your laptop, a room system such as Polycom, or by smartphone.

Cons

Like all video conferencing, the technology is getting better, but there can be lots of awkward bumps in the conversation due to people talking over one another, echoes, choppy audio and frozen video. This may not be the fault of BlueJeans per se, but it important to use the tool with best practices in mind.

7.0/10

Better then any video conference tool available

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

I do like blue jeans just because of two thing customer support and secondly excellent quality

Pros

I was using zoom on daily basis for giving product demo to customer but when I started using blue jeans it was whole together different experience best part is that they have excellent video and audio quality

Cons

there installation process i havent understand till date , first they tell to install app then when you click meeting link it says if app does not launch click here and yes app never launches on its own

Tapan J.

BlueJeans - A SaaS solution for business audio and video conferences

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Pros

I like the audio and video quality offered by Bluejeans and also the integrations it supports with other business apps I use like Outlook and Slack. You can have your permanent room to schedule meetings and invite people or can create separate meetings. Also, being a cloud solution, it offers the flexibility to be accessed via browser as well which makes it easy to schedule meetings with clients as well as they don't need to install any client on their devices.

Cons

The meeting can't be started unless the organizer joins. At times this becomes a constraint and wastes a lot of time of many people in case organizer gets late due to some reason. Also, if my headphones are already connected, a lot of times I have to unplug and plug them again to make them work with Blue Jeans.

Erica G.

Blue jeans conference call software

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Pros

That I can share my screen and it makes giving presentations easier.

Cons

The call quality through your computer isn’t always the best and sometimes drops the call.

Ifeoma O.

My love for Bluejeans knows no bound.

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Pros

I use BlueJeans to setup meetings with our offshore development team . It has eased the communication gap which naturally exists because of distance between full time developers and the offshore team. Thanks to Bluejeans I am able to collaborate with the offshore team , engage with them on client projects and maintain a cordial relationship with each and every one of them ; which is a necessity for all teams in an organization.

Cons

Bluejeans consumes a lot more bandwidth than usual.Although there is little complaint about this because it has been so efficient in terms of the quality of video and audio calls.

Solid daily-use video conferencing software, great calendar integration

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Convenient to use video conferencing software.

Pros

The google calendar integration makes it simple to add video conferencing to meetings. I like the schedule from within BlueJeans itself, as that is a great way to dial in to meetings back to back. The quality of the video has gotten better in recent times. It's also nice that you have a personal meeting ID which can be used for adhoc meetings.

Cons

The UI can feel a bit clumsy at times when dealing with multiple participants and screen sharing and the google calendar integration is a bit of a weird experience when trying to add a video link to meetings you are not the admin of.

Kat P.

Most Professional Video Conferencing System Available

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

I have never had an issue during an of these meetings with BlueJeans and typically find that participants access the system with ease. Overall, if price is not an issue, I would recommend BlueJeans to businesses who video conference on a semi-regular to regular basis.

Pros

BlueJeans, overall, has an incredibly professional looking interface. This includes e-mails sent to participants, as well as what participants see when they join.

BlueJeans sound, in my experience, has always been extremely clear.

Another major pro is that it is fairly easy to setup, and to use on the go (although I found Zoom easier to use on cell phones).

Monitoring meetings is also incredibly easy, with admin being able to monitor meetings from their own computer, even if they’re not part of the meeting itself.

Cons

BlueJeans is rather expensive. In addition, the video is sometimes not as clear as Zoom. This could be due to participant connectivity, not BlueJeans, but I think it’s worth noting to potential consumers.

Well thought out videoconferencing software

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

I've been using Bluejeans for over two years now. I find the software generally high quality and runs in environments other videoconferencing solutions breakdown in. I love the Google calendar integration, handoff between IP and regular telephone for audio, as well as the web and mobile interfaces. Blue jeans works well with our videoconferencing hardware inside the office. Totally seamless experience.

Cons

Really I just have one major issue and I'm not sure if it's a configuration issue or an actual bug. Blue jeans meetings inside of my Google calendar don't show up on the mobile (iPhone) application.

Bluejeans - Easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Overall it's one of the top telecommunication product in the market. Easy to use and audio/video quality are both good

Pros

- It's very easy to use. installation and setup is simple
- Mobile app is light weight compare with other products and quality is good
- It can incorporate easily on current Cisco Meeting system. Firm with exciting system can choose to start using this software gradually without issue
- Support seems to be best. Also willing to help and responded quick. It does help a lot when we start rolling out the product to our business

Cons

- Although overall is good, it does require downloading the app or plugin on Desktop. It can be an issues especially when trying to invite people from other firms that currently not using Bluejeans. It's not a big download but it is inconvenience.

A Bit of a Learning Curve, but VERY Useful Web Conferencing Software

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

- Plug-in with Chrome allows easy integration to Google Calendar
- Simple URL to give others access to your meeting
- Ability to remotely control other participants' desktops through the application
- Moderator can mute or remove any participant
- Each meeting can have a unique dial-in to prevent cross-over

Cons

- Their low-bandwith mode can result in calls getting dropped
- The application on Mac will often freeze and need to be restarted between calls
- Some users have a difficult time when first needing to use the application

Claudia F.

Best way to communicate with clients

Reviewed on 2019/08/11

Overall I honestly love Blue Jeans, it has helped us keep continue with important projects that need constant checkpoints that would have not been posible due to geographics.

Pros

No matter the location or time I can join a conference call and not miss important meetings if I am not at work. Working in different sites makes it hard to get together for a meeting but with BlueJeans that is no longer an issue.

Cons

For some strange reason I always get feedback and audio issues when I am the one speaking. I assume its not BlueJeans but maybe my tone of voice.

Andrea W.

My Recommendation: BlueJeans

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Overall, our experience is been great, it provides excellent call quality with economical package plans.

Pros

BlueJeans has been our department's meeting solution for more than a year and its capabilities to connect with other devices is amazing. It has superb video and audio call quality and the best part is that service is always up and running, there are very few disconnections. The feature i fancy the most is that 150+ people can join a call, so we can add our entire department as well as remote teams in a meeting.

Cons

BlueJeans itself works great but support staff is not very helpful if we come across a problem support staff takes a long time to respond to our queries.

Rites G.

Bluejeans - A user review

Reviewed on 2019/03/10

Overall experience has been really good as this tool has made all our meetings quite interactive with a feel as if the other person is sitting next to us.

Pros

I have been using the bluejeans for over one & half years now & find this product as an awesome tool for audio/video meetings. This is a superb because of the following reasons:
a. We can connect with other with both audio & video modes
b. The discussion can be recorded as well, which can be saved for future use
c. To add more participants the meeting link can be directly send from this application

Cons

With the latest look, this application has slightly become difficult to navigate.

Kristen D.

Great Tool for Organizations with Remote and Traveling Employees

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Overall, a great tool for teams working across the country or traveling. Easy to "jump on a BlueJeans call" and get a group together. Integrates well with Microsoft Outlook and our conference rooms.

Pros

This tool is very user-friendly and integrates well with Microsoft Outlook. It's easy to add it to meeting invites and is easy to use in conference rooms. I would recommend this platform to companies looking for a virtual meeting platform with remote and traveling employees. I like that digital recordings of meetings are emailed directly to you after the meeting.

Cons

Sometimes the "presenter" screen is not very crisp which makes it difficult to share visuals. I wish there were more "sizes" or "views" available when holding large group meetings.

Rashid C.

Wonderful video conferencing software!

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Easy conferencing call tool!

Pros

Very user friendly, to initiate a call you just need to share the link between the parties involved and then you can start the call.

Seamless call quality! There seems to be no major issues such as lagging video, the sound quality is also great and there is no feedback noise incurred on larger conference calls.

Calls can be recorded and used for later use and can be accessed via computer or through apps on a mobile device.

Cons

Recordings are not saved in real time, if you want to revisit a call that just happened then you will have to wait about a 1/2 hour to view it, this seems like more of a server issue rather than with the software itself.

Lots of money! Although the features are super great it cost alot of money for the license.

Isabelle C.

High Quality, Pricing A Little High Though

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

From my perspective, this is one of my favorite software I have used to reach people and talk about business matters in the most comfortable way possible, thanks to both the visual and audio outstanding quality. I do recommend.

Pros

What I am amazed about is the quality of the image, which has a great dynamic range, and also the quality of the sound when using BlueJeans Video Communications for our business conferencing. I have used it for more than a hundred of online business meetings to talk to investors, partners and staffs and a really very satisfied. Highly user-friendly user interface!

Cons

There are many video conferencing providers and many offer much better pricing than BlueJeans. From this standpoint, I find BlueJeans Video Communications a little expensive.

Good for conferences, not so good for remote control

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

We use it on a daily basis with our infrastructure team. Interact with 30 different customers each month, setting up their servers and platforms.

Pros

Audio and video quality is great. Presentations go smoothly as well.

Cons

Sometimes people get confused because the platform asks you to install the BJ software; and the web interface is of course not as good.
Remote control needs work, it's way too slow and unprecise.

Jessica H.

Bluejeans is a helpful video communication software for meeting and collaborating

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

When it works, it's helpful in setting up quick meetings with colleagues.

Pros

Blluejeans, once you have it set up and connected, has clear video/picture quality without a lot of lag between video-sharing parties. It is easy to choose whether to allow use of your camera or microphone and to join a meeting quickly and easily from your computer.

Cons

integrations with this software, such as those with meeting room scheduling applications, don't seem to work very smoothly most of the time. They work if nothing ever changes after the initial setup; but life changes all the time. If anything changes, lots of time is wasted trying to figure out the connection and to get everyone on the same page and in the same meeting within the software..

7.0/10

Easy to use - better than competition

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Pros

Moderatorless meetings - if you as a host are running late, the rest of the attendees can kick off and get started. Integration with conference bridges. The software is fast and efficient

Cons

It's not the the prettiest app. All web video conference applications seem to be struggling with how to share a screen, show the speaker and the attendees.