Eric Y.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great Product For Those Who Know Accounting

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

My overall experience with Zoho Book was positive. I switched from Zoho Books to Bill4Time because I wanted a program that would keep track of time and expenses for hourly clients, track contingency fee clients, provide trust accounting, and generate invoices. Zoho Books would be able to do all of those tasks with the exception of contingency fee tracking. There was no easy way in Zoho to keep track of projects that were not hourly, flat, or on a set budget. That said, the Zoho family of products are solid, so if you have need for an accounting product and you are familiar with accounting software, this product would be a great choice.

Pros

I liked best the many features that Zoho Books provides. In terms of accounting software, this product does just about everything. I also liked being part of the Zoho suite of products, all of which are quite good. The product is stable, and the company offers solid tech support.

Cons

I purchased Zoho Books to use in my small business after using Zoho Invoice. I wanted a product that would do more than just invoice clients, such as track projects and accounting. However, I am not an accountant. The thing I liked least about Zoho Books is that, if you are not familiar with accounting, the product may seem unnecessarily complicated. There is definitely a learning curve with this product that I have not experienced with other Zoho products.

Babu G.

Zoho Books reconciles bank statement automatically and GST filing is way better than anything...

Reviewed on 2020/05/10

Overall, it's a boon, If you are in India then this is the takeaway software as it helps ease in filing GST reports.

Pros

This software when I started using I thought I made a wrong choice but as in when I started managing my accounts & Books for my business, It became my friend, an accountant indeed it did everything that an accountant would do with very little accounting knowledge. The best part is if you are a startup company and you do not have strict compliances then this is for you, you don't have to hire an accountant and DIY. :)

Cons

Support is the only part which sometimes made me upset as the Employees were not uniformly assisting as if they were not trained on customer service. The worse thing is they just have support for technical help and no bookkeeping support.

Emin N.

Efficient and reliable for finance and customer relations activities

Reviewed on 2020/07/12

Simple, handy software with nice visual graphics: data is accessible and easy to share with other users and specialists. Zoho books will make payment and invoicing procedures smooth between sellers and buyers. However, there are small issues are waiting for their solutions which I believe that it will be soon.

Pros

1) Integration with different software programs was very easy. Especially during our customer relations workflow, there was no problem to integrate into Zoho CRM.
2) The software is easy to use, especially pricing and stock lists are very well-designed and time-saving
3) Financial reporting and bank reconciliation features let you share data with accounters which helps you to improve the quality of work procedures

Cons

1) There are limitations and restrictions in some features. For example, invoices, orders, payments. It makes editing transactions very complicated.
2) Overall, customer service is not helpful in Zoho Softwares. As a result, we had some issues getting support from customer service for Zoho books, especially, questions concerned with payments.
3) In comparison with other software programs, printing checks cost a lot in Zoho Books. There is also a limited opportunity for vendors.

Nikki B.
  • Industry: Publishing

Efficient, affordable took that's essential for my business

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

I switched to Zoho Books from FreshBooks a little over a year ago when the cost of FreshBooks became unmanageable and free options, such as Wave, did not serve my purposes. I was also looking for a cloud invoicing/expense-tracking system that was less glitchy and easier to use. Zoho Books is all of that. As a sole proprietor, the price suits my budget perfectly. Clients have told me that paying me through Zoho is much easier than paying me through FreshBooks or Wave.

At tax time, it's easy to send my Profit & Loss report to my accountant. I also like that I can attach receipts to my expenses.

I'm very thankful for Zoho Books and hope they continue to meet the needs of sole proprietors like me.

Pros

Zoho Books is easy for me to use and much easier for my clients to use when paying me. They've given me positive feedback about their invoicing experiences. It's also affordable, which was a huge deciding factor when I switched from another cloud invoicing program.

Cons

I wish I could see when a client has "viewed" my invoice. Also, I didn't realize that listing vendors on my expenses, such as Amazon, would count as "Contacts" and use up some of my slots. I'm glad I know now and I'm rectifying it.

Ansar S.
  • Industry: Legal Services

The best ever!

Reviewed on 2016/11/25

I've searched them all. Zoho is tops by far! Not only do you have full CRM integration reducing sales time by 1000's of hours (really... it's as simple Lead->Convert->Quote. Clients then pay their quote in one click thanks to Zoho!) but the product as a stand alone is far superior. The layout, quotes, invoices, automation, reports... They've thought of everything. Since we switched my business has seen radical jumps in both staff productivity and conversion rates. As a small business owner (actually it's not small anymore!), time really is money - Zoho knows how to give you both. They have truly allowed my business to grow: The service we offer is a one time only purchase by most of our clients- so we need to get it right first time and shine above our competitors!
Fresh Start Law Centre is now the leading criminal record removal firm in South Africa - Thank you Zoho!

Ansar Sykes CEO,
www.FreshStartLawCentre.co.za

Pros

Everything! Mainly the level of customization available and CRM integration.

Cons

Improvement: Allow for www.payfast.co.za credit card payment integration for the South African market. In the interim, we are using unique URL's in the quotes/invoices for one click payment. But having full Zoho payment integration is better.

Martin D.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Zoho Books is the best finicial reporting software.

Reviewed on 2019/09/08

Zoho Books is the best software for the financial reporting and everyone can easily used this software in a more efficient way. Moreover, it is the best tracker all of our accounts and finance. I would recommended this software because this software is one of the best tool for financial and accounting.

Pros

Zoho Books is the best source to create our invoices and it is the best financial reporting software in all over the world. The most significant thing about this software is that we can easily send all of our invoices and expenses and get paid online with out any problem. Moreover, Zoho Books is so easy to use and very convenient software. The another best thing about this software is that it is the best accounting financial management software because it is the most reliable software for accounting as compared to its competitors.

Cons

The most obvious difficulty that we faced while using this software is that there features are not much advanced as compared to its competitors because it cannot provide the great features of sending expenses and finance to the business companies. The another problem of this software is that this software is very difficult for the new users and it is not so easy to learn how to handle our accounts and invoices. But still it is the best tool for business accounting.

Rabeesh C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Easy software to use

Reviewed on 2019/03/02

I have a wounder full experience i zoho books . ts very easy to handle and more user friendly accounting software. Its easy to export the data excel sheet and pdf format. The facility of dashboard module is extremely different from other software. There is 24 hours customer support. There is tension free for security in data backup.

Pros

1. This software is very easy to handling my daily accounts job. We are doing an advertising agency and our main task is to handle the data in different project wise. Zoho books supports to handle a multiple projects at a time and easy to calculate cost of sale of each project. Its very helpful to present the overall view of each project to top level management and our clients. The Time tracking module in Zoho books shows each project profitability. Its very easy to take statement of account of each client on the basis of user demand.

2. In Zoho books, dashboard gives a wounder full experience for both Accountant and Management.It shows a bird eye view of finanacial position at a particular time period

3. Comparing from other software Zoho books give an accurate details of customer an vendors

4. Its very easy to create chart of accounts. and we get full details of account transactions of each account through (show transaction) option

5. The report module give to user a very wide details

Cons

1. Zoho books provide a least support to function key and short cut key. its time lapsing for user while using mouse

2. Its difficult to handle staff advance payment and there reimbursement

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A little learning curve, but very user friendly!

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Pros

I'll preface by saying I came from the ancient times of Excel bookkeeping to Zoho. The Books app making invoicing, reconciling, collections, and all of the A/R tasks a breeze. Initially I had to do some exploring, get templates set up for all of our items, and test out the features I needed to use. Whenever I found an issue I couldn't resolve, our account rep was easy to contact and ever helpful. The ease of invoicing is my most favorite. I can create a single invoice or make it recurring. The invoice cloning feature is great so I don't have to input the same info over & over.

Cons

The one fatal flaw of Books, for me, was that importing my contacts from an Excel spreadsheet was a nightmare. My files were set up in a pretty standard format - name, company, title, etc., but Books just didn't translate to something so simple. I was incredibly disappointed in this as I can easily import to other software in no time. Importing took me hours and I still had to go in & make corrections. If not for that, I'd say this software is A++!

Prosper S.

Very easy to setup and use. Zoho allow interactions with non zoho products

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Easy upload of invoices and expenses, tracking my tax transactions and easy maintaining of accounting books

Pros

Recurring Bills
Mass uploading of transactions
cloud based
transactional approval
Tax compliant
Live bank updates
Price list feature
comprehensive details for contacts
Reminders

Cons

Reconciliation of previous transactions: when there is a mistake in of the previous months reconciliation history, all other reconciliations has to be deleted till the date you want to make the change.
Does not support retail with multi-location. It means each location will have to be setup up as a separate company. There should be a location or class feature on each transaction and same should be reflected on the reports.

Andrew K.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Freedom at Last !!!!

Reviewed on 2016/11/25

I run and advertising agency in Nairobi Kenya. I have 3 staff in the office.
Before I discovered Zoho, I used paper quotations and invoices. I only had my quotes in my head. I was the only one who knew what to charge and how much to charge.
A friend introduced me to the Zoho and I finally enjoy the freedom it offers.
I rarely do the quotations myself, converting quotes to invoices and invoices to receipts is just amazing.
I am able to create quotations from my phone as I move around when away from the office.
Our accountant also is able to view our transactions and advice us. We have even reduced the charges he pays us as most of the information is done by zoho.

Pros

- Its Up to date with the new developments
- Its applicable to us in other countries
- Its simple to use
- It takes safe as you need passwords to access
- Its has an interesting User Interface
- The Staff is friendly and quite helpful

Cons

- Some times it take long to work on its magic

Ignacio S.
  • Industry: Furniture

ZOHO is real solution

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

I migrate all my informations from jan.2017 to Sep.2019 and everything works perfect

Pros

Everything work like they show in there presentations

Cons

They need offer a flexibility way to create a custom reports

Michael K.

ZOHO Books integrates with ZOHO CRM

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

The experience has been great. Customer service is there to answer any questions.

Pros

I am a long time ZOHO user and I like the fact that all their products are integrated. You don't have to license everything you need at once. You can build it over time. I also like that you can add on other software through third parties to ZOHO Books.

Cons

using a plug in Forte you can process payments to vendors and refunds to customers. I wish that ZOHO Books would also enable paying of payroll tax - like QuickBooks. Perhaps this is something they are working on.

Alex U.

Great value and functionality.

Reviewed on 2016/11/25

Zoho pretty much covers all the things we need.

Very easy to use, very logical interface and nice reporting.
All items are cross-linked. You can create a sales order and convert it into a purchase order. Quotations are converted to SO, SO to invoices.

The financial part is great - multiple currencies, multiple bank accounts, descriptive reporting, and current status overview.

Some advanced features are not so well developed as in offline systems (like template customization capability is limited by design; owners equity and profit are visible through reporting, but no tools to work with them, etc.), but we are talking about a nice tool for SMB here!

Pros

Ease of use and nicely featured for everyday business.

Cons

Some things are visible, but no way to utilize them (owners equity, profit distribution, tax payable).

Toma B.

Best all round

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

For years we used what everyone else used, for that we had the daily struggles to do things like change the invoice appearance. We came across the Zoho products ran a trial and we got hooked.

The simplicity and the ability to have access anywhere through any device was fantastic, needless to say it is years later and we are still going strong.

Pros

Customer service
Access anywhere from any device

Cons

No ability for client to sign delivery note on the iPad or phone so you don't need to print.

Current version won't print to AirPrint

Olya Y.

Good soft for small business

Reviewed on 2016/11/25

Good soft for small business. Quite easy to use. Here we have almost everything we need in our day to day work. I do like bank feeds and reconciliation history for checking if nothing is missed (with me sometimes it happens). Not all European banks yet included in the list, but think they will be in future. Very simple tax reports.

Pros

reports, auto tax deduction

Cons

not all (nl) banks are available feeds.

Devashish K.

Great software, but lacks some features

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Overall, it is a good product, and everyone will find it helpful. Zoho books can handle multiple currencies, so that's a plus point for someone doing international accounting.

Pros

Excellent product. Fast and easy to use user interface. It feels like in the development phase. The product seamlessly integrates with Zoho CRM environment. The reports generated by the books helps in financial statements. Makes easier to bill clients based on their history.

Cons

1. Lacks some basic features like Quick Slip printing (in which the receipt gets generated for a specific bill).
2. There is no option to set default account to accept payments, everytime one needs to select.
3. Reports don't contain the option to add a sales person to an individual transaction.

Taher A.

The best accounting saas ever. I am very happy with Zoho Books

Reviewed on 2016/11/25

I have been using Zoho Books for two years now after a year on Zoho Invoice and now i can't live without it.
I have converted all my friends and our sister companies to Zoho Books and they are all happy about that.

Pros

The mobile app,
The PO, bill, expenses, all buying part
The possibility to get access to the info in real time while travelling

Cons

I don't like CRM, i think Zoho can do better :(

Amogha B.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Happy and feel worth buying it and successfully renewed it for 2nd year.

Pros

Excellent software for beginners like us......very easy to use. My company name is Datta Bio Organics and using for past 2 years now. easy GST filing. Ledger creation and invoices, PO, purchases made really easy.

Cons

Banking records do not work seamlessly. Struggling for past 7 months have my feeds error sorted but in vain. Separate entries for JV & contra is preferred. Bill template with seal would be preferred. use to DSC would be preferred to sign invoices.

Elizabeth M.

Zoho Works, Mostly

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Zoho Books worked fine for me until the quirks became too frustrating and I decided to seek out an alternative.

Pros

Zoho Books has relatively responsive customer support, who are willing to make software changes based on customer feedback (sometimes), and has many integrations. Books seamlessly integrates with Zoho CRM, Projects, etc.

Cons

Zoho Books does not integrate with any of the PSAs I was considering. I also had some issues with the software that just didn't make sense but the company's response was "this is how it's supposed to be done."

Wayne S.

Great Bookkeeping System

Reviewed on 2016/11/25

I'm a small business owner and salesman. For years, my bookkeeping 'system' was incoming invoices, receipts and copies of outgoing invoices piled into a shoe box! Obviously, I didn't like accounting or bookkeeping. Business was good so I didn't need to track 'every nickel and dime.'

A few years ago, when the economy started 'downhill', I realized that I needed to do a better job of tracking my expenses and sales. I tried several different bookkeeping systems (some very expensive!) but they were too complex for me.

I had been using ZOHO CRM for several years before I noticed their ZOHO BOOKS system. I tried it and fell in love with it! It is easy to learn and easy to use. Whether you love accounting, or hate accounting, you will love ZOHO BOOKS. Give it a try....

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to use.

Kelly G.

LOVE Zoho products

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Pros

I tried Quickbooks and several other software types to help with invoicing and AR/AP. Nothing was as easy at Zoho. Their customer service is amazing and the price point is perfect for me and my needs!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of, honestly. I have experienced no issues, the interface is incredibly intuitive.

Stefano C.

Managing your business from anyware

Reviewed on 2016/11/25

We are a IT company www.risingpixel.com and we work for developing software and for data center consolidation. Our business is in Sapin but we work also with UK, Italy and Japon. Very often we have to go outside to hour head quarter and to have a project management tool linked to the accounting system of Zoho books it 'is really a great value for us. It is also a great feature to be able to check payments , banking and A/R Aging from Zoho apps on my mobile. More tha once I have prepared invoices for the customers using my mobile while I was out side my office. Really great featur for digital nomads like us.

Pros

To be able to manage my busines from everywere

Cons

In Project I would like some features more, in Books I would like to be able to modify reports

Anbarasu T.

Excellent Package for an SME

Reviewed on 2016/11/25

I have been looking for a cloud based application for our business with the features to support our business - Invoicing, inventory, book keeping, purchase order process and standard reports.I found Zoho Books very attractive with all the features I was looking for. Very good feature set, ease of use, and excellent support. Inventory setup is a little bit tricky (with custom columns) if you have complex set of products, but, for basic straight forward products, it is perfect! Thank you, Zoho! Keep up the great work!

Pros

Ease of use. Clean UI and support in all mobile OS.

Cons

Inventory support for Books is a bit primitive.

• Industry: Accounting

Good Software for SMEs

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Its been a great experience using Zoho. The ease of getting reports at a click of a button

Pros

Easy to use so use software even for non finance professional. They have video tutorials to guide you in everything

Cons

In still in progress so some functions do not work well unless you raise a query

• Industry: Accounting

Simple and great accounting software to keep record of all transactions

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

I used this software for generat a invoice for clients with a good accounting of my profession. It is very useful for any small scale business.

Pros

Zoom book is dynamic software for book keeping accounting. It is a very easy to use for fresher. No need to require a training for use of this great software. There are a lot of features are available like we can track anytime a statement of profit and loss and balance sheet of business therefore we can take a further decision about the business. We can generate a invoice and send to client online.

Cons

It is very a online account software therefore we have a high speed of Internet to operate in a smooth way. And the Zoho book features are not enough for big entrepreneurs. It is useful for small scale business.