Dext Prepare Reviews

Dext Prepare

Write a Review!
Simple pre-accounting for auto-entrepreneurs and SMEs

3.8/5
4.0/5
4.2/5
3.7/5

Boyd
Boyd

I use this to input all of my receipts for my business.

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Ease of inputting receipts into accounting software.

Ease of inputting receipts into accounting software.

Pros

I can auto-forward bills and invoices I receive via email to Receipt Bank, the ones which are consistent, I can even auto-publish to my accounting software (XERO)

Cons

I'm in Canada and have a few bills I pay in US funds. Occasionally a receipt will spontaneously switch currencies for no apparent reason.

Forget the rest Receipt Bank is the best! Save time and gather more data!

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

I have been using Receipt Bank alongside Xero for at least 5 years now and I have tried the alternatives but for me RB is the best! It is easy, accurate and intelligent. Its super simple app alongside the emailing in, drag & drop, dropbox link etc makes adding receipts and bills easy so you are more likely to capture more items. The OCR works well and learns (it is however worth keeping an aye on things as sometimes it can go awry!). The supplier rules work well, it has a great user interface and is simple to navigate. I know that they do line by line splits on some supplier invoices and I would like to see that get more accessible. Overall Receipt Bank saves so much time and I think that they are still developing more and more features. I have had clients that hate it and there are a few nuances that you should pay attention to at the start but once you have it works brilliantly!! I have tried Datamolino, Autoentry and Xero direct for the day to day receipts & invoices but have always come back to Receipt Bank.
Customer support has always been good, friendly and relatively speedy. I use Receipt Bank with all my clients - we insist upon it!

Cons

I would probably say the thing that comes up over again is the price (I argue that rather pay them that than me for data entry!) but maybe if there was a lower starting price? I would love to see a Bill to client button and the option to break an invoice into lines as a standard option.

ron
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great Product Terrible Service

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Pros

Its easy to use for the most part. as usual with most software support is non existent so if you are not a technical person it might not be for you- like most online products online their FAQ section will not answer any question you have. also they really do not want you to contact support so its difficult
Its a great idea and works with QuickBooks once you can figure out how to set it up. its not intuitive at all

Cons

while difficult to figure out with zero installation support it is a great idea and on its basis and awesome product- its price compared to others, but probably worth it. that being said if you have a problem with it- you are out of luck- you can try and contact support but that's a joke. they of course want an email. ive had a problem with their fetch service, which is another great idea- it will give you an error saying you are using the wrong credentials even though you can sign on the site with no problem using the same credentials. what you will get back will be endless emails with can responses using the very faq pages which are useless. they do not even log your complaint so each time their solution doesn't work you have to re explain again. even if you send the prior email in the body. they are clearly not equipped to support issues with their own software
I will tell you its a nice product and if you are technical and can figure out how to set it up you will be good. but if there is an issue with a feature forget it

Morna

My favour piece of software

Reviewed on 2023/12/13

Love it. It’s so good that we were offered another provider as part of an existing subscription but I don’t want to change. I’d rather pay Dext and keep using it.

Pros

This software is amazing. We are a wholesaler with loads of monthly invoices from suppliers and out to customers. Dext strips all the information out in seconds, is so accurate and then can get seamlessly transferred to Sage. Considering the time this software saves us, the price is brilliant too. I already recommend this software to anyone I think would benefit.

Cons

No downsides. This software literally does everything I need it for.

Sean
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

It’s been great so far, we will sign up when the trial ends!

Reviewed on 2023/08/10

Dext is a great software with many features we haven’t even touched on yet. I have already recommended it to others to help with their bookkeeping and general records.

Pros

This will be an incredible asset for us to keep on top of our bookkeeping. It’s very easy to use and review the bills that we input. I feel like this will make us very organized and ease the life of our bookkeeper and accountant as a result.

Cons

No issues to really speak of so far. I guess our one issue is that Dext uses an authentication service to link our bank account but it doesn’t seem to work for our specific bank (BMO).

Xero
Marilynn
Marilynn

Dext Customer Service

Reviewed on 2022/08/02

My overall experience with dext was horrible, customer service was nonexistent, there is no phone number to call a person and when I canceled my monthly subscription well before the 15-day cancelation period, I was still charged for the next month. I received no response from my customer manager who was on holiday and was told I had to meet with the manager before I could cancel. This made no sense to me. Canceling my monthly subscription was one of the most stressful, time-consuming things I have done regarding an app, I do not recommend this app.

Pros

What I liked most about this software was it was able to import receipts

Cons

What I liked least about this software were the customer service and the price.

• Industry: Accounting

Useful app that makes bookkeeping much more efficient

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

This software makes bookkeeping very easy, even when on the go. The mobile app is perfect for tradespeople and those on the road.
The dashboard feature is particularly useful to us a bookkeeping business as we can monitor that activity level of our clients as well as ensuring the correct uploading of their documents.

Cons

We have found ourselves paying over the odds for this software on behalf of clients whose business sees peaks and troughs in terms of activity and so some months can be charged at a higher rate because they reflect the previous month's activity, despite little to know uploads taking place in the month following. We would much prefer to pay for the software on a credit system whereby we pay for what we use.

Allie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent company with easy to use purchase paperwork

Reviewed on 2023/10/10

No hastle with simple use of data which is quick and easy

No hastle with simple use of data which is quick and easy

Pros

Simplicity of recording invoices which is excellent for ease of yearly accounting when you are too busy for filing

Cons

Nothing as its a seamless product you can use on your phone, just take a picture of your receipt and send

Angela

Receipt Bank Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

VERY BAD, EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.
SALES TEAM SAID TECH SUPPORT WERE SUPERSTARS, THEY DON'T EXIST....

VERY BAD, EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.
SALES TEAM SAID TECH SUPPORT WERE SUPERSTARS, THEY DON'T EXIST. YOU HAVE A WEB PAGE AND A CHAT ROOM. UGH SO FRUSTRATING!!!
SALES TEAM LEADS YOU TO BELIEVE YOU GET MORE THAN YOU REALLY ARE. USELESS IF YOU USE QUICK BOOKS DESKTOP.

Pros

the ocr technology is very good. i get my own free account

Cons

ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
SALES TEAM MISLEAD CAPABILITIES OF INTEGRATION TO QBD.
EXCESSIVE SET UP TIME.
NO ASSISTANCE TO HELP YOU GET YOUR CLIENTS SET UP AND RUNNING WITH THE APP.

Time saver

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

Absolutely love the way it can OCR, use rules I set up, and then export the data to QBO

Cons

Handling of taxes... while it reads the tax amount, we in BC have a challenge with it seperating our PST and GST amounts. (But the promise a fix is coming).

Shan
  • Industry: Accounting

A must-have product for your book management

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Receipt bank is a great tool for business owners and accountants. It archives the supports on the cloud. Therefore, when it comes to an audit, the support could be easily pulled.

Pros

Receipt Bank is easy to track bills and receipts and useful to publish into accounting software. Also, Receipt Bank could assign different roles among users, which saves time for review and approval of reimbursable expenses. Last but not least, it keeps adding features like bank statement fetch, which creates efficiency for bank reconciliation.

Cons

If bills or receipts are denominated in foreign currency, the exchange rate used by Receipt Bank is different from that by Accounting Software. To have a consistent rate across the book, we have to manually refresh the bill date to have a consistent exchange rate.

Robin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Receipt Bank Does Not Work

Reviewed on 2020/02/23

A total waste of time and money.
Not worth it.
Pointless.

A total waste of time and money.
Not worth it.
Pointless.

Pros

Receipt Bank promised a lot and delivered extremely poor service. It simply did not do what it said it would do.

Cons

It combines multiple receipts into one entry, entirely in error.
It fails to recognise the currency of the receipt.
It mis-reads the receipts - inputting incorrect numbers and names.
It corrupts easily, locking a lot of entries inside the app but unable to generate a spreadsheet. There is no way to extract the data from the corrupted app, so you have no choice but to enter all the data again or create your own spreadsheet and enter it there.

In all Receipt Bank was a complete waste of money and an enormous waste of my time.
I strongly recommend anyone against buying Receipt Bank. It is easier to create an excel document of your own which you can run on your phone. If you want to you can add in drop-down menus to make data entry quick and easy. That is much easier than trying to mess around with the grossly faulty Receipt Bank app.

Rhonda

Dext Prepare is Essential

Reviewed on 2023/06/07

Dext Prepare has been great to work with and is easy for my clients to use.

Dext Prepare has been great to work with and is easy for my clients to use.

Pros

Creates for a paperless bookkeeping practice. It is easy for my clients to learn and use, and keeps them out of the bookkeeping software.

Cons

Need a way for expense reports to be signed off on. I have clients who need to have expense reports authorized.

• Industry: Media Production

Saves me so much time and keeps me on top of my bookkeeping

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

Fast, efficient, and I am always on top of my bookkeeping.
I scan receipts with the iOS Dropbox app and place them in a shared folder. The next day my receipts have been data-mined, and are ready for me to double check before pushing them to my FreeAgent account.
This process shaves hours off my monthly bookkeeping.

Cons

Occasionally there is a small error in the data mining, usually due to a receipt displaying information in an unusual place or style.

Joby

Finally accounts are paperless

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

This app saves so much time and messing about with recipes and invoices when you are doing accounts. It is very easy to use with the iPhone app, online and via email. Whenever I buy something I can just take a photo of the receipt in the app upload it and forget about it. I can also email receipts for online purchases directly to my receipt bank account.
The system then picks out all the information and passes to my accounts software (Xero) I don't have to worry about loosing receipts or searching for emailed invoices. It saves me loads of time and avoid boxes of receipts at the end of the year.

Cons

I don't really have any downsides to this product does what it says on the tin easy to use and reliable.

Very Difficult To Cancel Your Subscription

Reviewed on 2023/08/11

Pros

Unfortunately, my experience with canceling my Dext subscription has over shadowed any good feelings that I had about this company and program. The owner of the subscription should have full control of canceling the membership.

Cons

Canceling your subscription with Dext is nearly impossible. You can't cancel from your own account login. You have to reach out to your account manager and make an appointment. Appointment times are 3 weeks out. Once you do talk to them, you discover that there is a 30 day notice policy to cancel which is also not posted on your account. There are not pro-rated refunds of subscription fees. In my opinion this is very unprofessional on their part. I should have a way to cancel my subscription from my end.

Sian

Super easy invoice management

Reviewed on 2023/02/23

Generally speaking I find Dext extremely easy to use. It integrates perfectly with my accounting software and makes paperwork much less stressful

Pros

Using the app, I can easily add invoices to Dext and then edit them before publishing into my payroll software. Invoices are stored so I cab refer back if I need information in the future

Cons

I can't access all features through the app and have to use the desktop version

Frances
  • Industry: Accounting

Essential in tracking staff expenses / billable expenses!

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

Pros

Its a single location to store invoices and track expenses outside of the accounting software.

Cons

Importing expenses into quick books often times creates a new vendor. I then need to go in QBO and move it to the vendor.

Jacky
  • Industry: Accounting

Receipt Bank makes accounts payables a breeze

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

Pros

Expense reports allow for multiple line items and attachments to each saving time with reconciliation
Approval tier for expense reports for compliance
Matching invoices/receipts to Quickbooks softare when transaction located makes it easy

Cons

Does not download statements, e-transfer details, or cheque images from financial institution like Hubdocs

Priscilla
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Excellent Soo Far

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Great

Great

Pros

This software has made organizing my receipts very painless and efficient. I like the fact that a copy of my receipt is kept in this database and another copy in my accounting software when receipts are pushed over.

Cons

I find that sometimes when I send invoices directly from my email into receipt bank, not all the invoices are recorded or even appear. My accountant has to notify me to resend them to her personal email when she reconciles our books monthly.

Garreth N
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Effective, bit pricey, bit complex

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Well, you get the same functionality but better with Xero Standard. So why buy this? Just get Xero

Pros

It works! The OCR was very good at reading receipts and storing data in the right ledger code. Saved me lots of time

Cons

Tricky to set up, costly. Now there are other products with same functionality but cheaper

Theodore

Receipt Bank is a Cool Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Pros

Receipt Bank is really a time saver software in term of keeping records of your expenses receipt. Moreover, its integration with accounting software like Xero is very useful.

Cons

Negative points on Receipt Bank is the Invoice "Fetch" functionality that is a very good idea but never worked properly since I am using the software. This functionality is creating more problem by creating duplicates than actually saving time.

Shelby
Shelby
  • Industry: Accounting

Deceitful billing and poor customer service

Reviewed on 2023/07/02

I will never use this software again nor recommend it to others simply because the way their sales and customer service teams have handled things. I was signed up for an “annual” commitment unknowingly. I’ve been emailing support for almost 2 months to close the account due to their unethical practices and have gotten nowhere.

Pros

I used Dext years ago when it was Receipt Bank and thought I’d look into it now for my company. It’s definitely not the same company anymore

Cons

They just want to make a sale and don’t care about the experience at all.

Warren
Warren

One of many tools to capture business reciepts

Reviewed on 2022/08/09

Pros

My accountant set this up and intergrates directly with Xero my accountancy software that they help me to use and manage.

Easy way to capture receipts when out and about by taking a photo and using the mobile app to submit it or alternatively for email receipts and invoices I can forward it to a special email address to do the same.

Cons

The invoice fetch feature by automatically logging into certain services, shops etc to get invoices and add them as expenses for you is very hit and miss, especially when some of the sites or services I use 2FA auth codes and it never really works with them.

Asking support for advice they are never really able to help solve this problem for me.

• Industry: Design

So easy and versatile!

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

Accountability and record keeping is greatly improved!

Accountability and record keeping is greatly improved!

Pros

My company started using this to keep us in compliance - and keep our accountant happy.
IT IS AWESOME! There are so many ways to upload receipts - it makes this extra step in our work day so much easier. You can scan and upload the receipt via their website. You can send it to a personalized email address to upload the receipt, you can use their app... it is fantastic. And our accountant is super happy with the results!

Cons

I can honestly say there isn't anything bad about this program. It stinks we have to take the extra time to be more diligent about our receipts, but the program really helps ease that hassle.