Dext Prepare

4,2 (90)
Simple pre-accounting for auto-entrepreneurs and SMEs

Brett G.

Smart Solution to manual bookkeeping entry

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Time. This saves time . It also provides peace of mind.

Pros

The AI behind this software is smart and adaptive. The OCR recognition can identify the debit/credit card used on a submitted receipt and match that receipt payment to the specific bank account in your accounting software so you can avoid sending payments to the wrong account. For accounting firms, the bundled pricing is a great value to share with your clients. It does not just push the data to your accounting software, but will search your transactions in the software to try to find matches and will sync up the payments with ease.

Cons

While they are doing good with the fetch option for online invoices (they can pull the statements and invoices from online billers, such as cell phone or internet), they do not have the capability, currently, to pull bank statements. Add this feature and we have an unmatched solution to this expense capture sector in my opinion.

Elliott N.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Everything we need at the right price

Reviewed on 2021/01/18

Pros

Very easy to use. The interface is clear and user-friendly.

The lack of mandatory expense reports is a big plus in my view. When we used Expensify we had various issues dealing with expense reports. They aren't really necessary for our process, so eliminating them saves time. Also, now an issue with one transaction won't hold up the rest of the report.

The OCR is very accurate compared to our previous software (Expensify and Veryfi), and did seem to learn how to read different vendors' invoices when I had to make some corrections (e.g. pulling invoice date instead of order date).

Customer support was responsive and had a great attitude.

Pricing is transparent and inexpensive compared to some competitors.

Works well for both employee expenses and general accounts payable.

Cons

OCR processing time is slower than we would like. Items can be processed manually when needed, however.

Multiple approval flows would help manage expenses by department.

Doesn't integrate correctly with our bank. This seems to be an issue with our bank and the third-party integration software, but still.

Reasons for Choosing Dext Prepare

Expensify sent out an unsolicited political email to all users, which we found unacceptable. Fortunately, this led us to find an alternative with better pricing and ease of use. We were also able to consolidate our employee expenses and general invoice entry in one software.

Expensify

Reasons for Switching to Dext Prepare

Pricing was transparent and inexpensive. We were able to easily sign up for a trial to confirm Receipt Bank met our needs.
Russell B.

A useful - and usable - alternative to expensive

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

Overall this has been a good product for my accounting practice. I use it personally for my own firm and for many of my monthly bookkeeping clients as a method to capture receipts in the moment.

Pros

Designed for accountants and their clients, allows for easy collaboration and receipt capture. Does a much better job than QBO receipt capture and does not restrict the source email for forwarded emailed receipts, making it much more usable and efficient.

Cons

The refusal to allow us to use American formatted dates is a constant and significant irritant. It would be so simple to correct this that it is extremely annoying that they won't do it.

Receipt matching to existing QBO transactions is inconsistent and only looks back 3 months so it is not ideal for clean up projects.

Pricing structure isn't very flexible.

Hubdoc

Reasons for Switching to Dext Prepare

Better features, and Ledgersync does not provide client data privacy as they have access to look at all of your documents whenever they want.
Rubina A.

Sales and Onboarding

Reviewed on 2021/12/01

Customer service is terrible
very user UNFREINDLY
one year contract - whether you drive value for money or not - you are dinged for $3600 annually - wow what an expensive lesson learned
All I have is regrets.

Pros

it seemed user friendly, but I guess I was wrong

Cons

does not have major utility companies on board to fetch invoices

Tomas T.

A Great tool to keep all invoices in one place

Reviewed on 2021/12/13

Pros

A great tool to keep all invoices in one place, I hardly imagine how I could work if that soft would be not available for me.

Cons

The tool itself sometimes has issues reading excel files.

Audrey M.
  • Industry: Accounting

I use Dext Prepare multiple time a day for various businesses

Reviewed on 2021/07/28

Overall I think it is a good program and helps streamline daily activities.

Pros

Easy setup and integration with QuickBooks Online. Clients find it quick and easy to use, which is a must to get everything done in a timely manner.

Cons

I find the monthly tiered subscription pricing to be a bit expensive.

Kimberly P.

Fantastic. Extreme time saver! Easy integration with Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

I have several clients that I have signed up to use Receipt Bank and they are all satisfied. Customer service is better than their competitors! I look like a hero to my clients that now use Receipt Bank!

Pros

I recommend to my accounting clients as a quick way to get their expenses recorded. Take a picture of the receipt with your phone and auto publish straight into Quickbooks. Game changer for small businesses that still use the shoe box method! It is a very easy integration with Quickbooks online! Very cost efficient for small businesses.

Cons

May not be the best choice for larger businesses with multi level approval of expense reports. I have not signed up a larger client so it may be fine, but I do not think it has this feature.

Mark S.

DEXT

Reviewed on 2021/04/22

Besides the extreme inconsistency with their pricing model, the products works and provides for time savings

Pros

Dext is a great software to eliminate the need for keystrokes to enter data into accounting software.

Cons

The system can often be a bit temperamental and extract the incorrect information from the source document.

Theresa G.

Paperless makes everything better

Reviewed on 2021/07/09

Overall, this product has brought our company leaps forward in technology. No more power invoices and receipts and the best thing is it can be done from anywhere!

Pros

We moved to Dext Prepare from a manual
System of printing invoices and submitting them. Now with Dext, everything is done online and it’s easier for accounting and employees alike.

Cons

For employees, some of the features are confusing. There are submit buttons and archive buttons that make it look like you should push them but really you don’t need to and it messes up the accountant if you do. As long as everyone knows this, it isn’t an issue but education is key.

The Dext Generation

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

Pros

It's integration with Xero and ApprovalMax as well as the easy switch to Dext Precision

Cons

It wasn't the easiest thing to set up our account and credit card payment

Forget the rest Receipt Bank is the best! Save time and gather more data!

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

I have been using Receipt Bank alongside Xero for at least 5 years now and I have tried the alternatives but for me RB is the best! It is easy, accurate and intelligent. Its super simple app alongside the emailing in, drag & drop, dropbox link etc makes adding receipts and bills easy so you are more likely to capture more items. The OCR works well and learns (it is however worth keeping an aye on things as sometimes it can go awry!). The supplier rules work well, it has a great user interface and is simple to navigate. I know that they do line by line splits on some supplier invoices and I would like to see that get more accessible. Overall Receipt Bank saves so much time and I think that they are still developing more and more features. I have had clients that hate it and there are a few nuances that you should pay attention to at the start but once you have it works brilliantly!! I have tried Datamolino, Autoentry and Xero direct for the day to day receipts & invoices but have always come back to Receipt Bank.
Customer support has always been good, friendly and relatively speedy. I use Receipt Bank with all my clients - we insist upon it!

Cons

I would probably say the thing that comes up over again is the price (I argue that rather pay them that than me for data entry!) but maybe if there was a lower starting price? I would love to see a Bill to client button and the option to break an invoice into lines as a standard option.

Joel N.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Accounting Made Simple with Receipt Bank

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

The experience so far has been pleasant. Paperwork can be really daunting especially at the end of the month when you have to account for all the business transactions and present accounting and financial report on time. This software basically saves you the trouble by making things simpler and saving you a great deal of time.

Pros

All you have to do is take a photo of receipts and bills, make use of the drag and drop feature and get them into an accounting system for easy and quick reference.

It saves you a good deal of time in accounting. With the OCR feature, you can easily get both the debit and credit card identified when receipts submitted show they have been used for payment. Moreover, you can find out the exact bank account for the debit/credit card used to ensure there's no error when making payment or tracking transactions.

Receipt Bank simplifies bookkeeping in that you can be out and about and still be able to get things into the system without any constraint. This is actually possible thanks to the mobile app that lets you work as normal even when you are on the go.

User-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface. The dashboard also simplifies bookkeeping and lets you gauge or track your customer's activity level from time to time.

It captures accurate info. Just snap a photo and relax. The rest will be handled by the tool.

Cons

Data mining may exhibit a bit of issues sometimes. So it should definitely be checked.

Shan L.
  • Industry: Accounting

A must-have product for your book management

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Receipt bank is a great tool for business owners and accountants. It archives the supports on the cloud. Therefore, when it comes to an audit, the support could be easily pulled.

Pros

Receipt Bank is easy to track bills and receipts and useful to publish into accounting software. Also, Receipt Bank could assign different roles among users, which saves time for review and approval of reimbursable expenses. Last but not least, it keeps adding features like bank statement fetch, which creates efficiency for bank reconciliation.

Cons

If bills or receipts are denominated in foreign currency, the exchange rate used by Receipt Bank is different from that by Accounting Software. To have a consistent rate across the book, we have to manually refresh the bill date to have a consistent exchange rate.

Dickson M.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Receipt Bank review

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

the ability to upload your bills, receipts, invoices and bank statements from your phone makes it easy to work even out of office. This can be integrated into your accounting software that you use seamlesly without any hussles.

Pros

you can use it for free and very easy to use when extracting data that you require and it is a very good fit small businesses and you can do your work at home on your fone, laptop through your email and integrate when you are at work

Cons

It may be costly in the long run if amount of transactions increases with the growing of the business as the cost is related to amount of transactions that you undertake

• Industry: Accounting

Useful app that makes bookkeeping much more efficient

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

This software makes bookkeeping very easy, even when on the go. The mobile app is perfect for tradespeople and those on the road.
The dashboard feature is particularly useful to us a bookkeeping business as we can monitor that activity level of our clients as well as ensuring the correct uploading of their documents.

Cons

We have found ourselves paying over the odds for this software on behalf of clients whose business sees peaks and troughs in terms of activity and so some months can be charged at a higher rate because they reflect the previous month's activity, despite little to know uploads taking place in the month following. We would much prefer to pay for the software on a credit system whereby we pay for what we use.

Alex T.

Receipt Bank Review

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Very pleasant. Easy, fast, reasonably priced, nice to look at and use.

Pros

I use this daily. Ease of use is key here to minimise any further hassle from bookkeeping. RB is super easy to use, very quick to upload documents via the app or the desktop.

Cons

Possibly the rate of machine learning. I have used RB for the same customers sales invoices for over two years now, and the same mistakes are frequently made by RB's extraction. These are daily mistakes, possibly every other day. Customer Name is a very common one.

• Industry: Media Production

Saves me so much time and keeps me on top of my bookkeeping

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

Fast, efficient, and I am always on top of my bookkeeping.
I scan receipts with the iOS Dropbox app and place them in a shared folder. The next day my receipts have been data-mined, and are ready for me to double check before pushing them to my FreeAgent account.
This process shaves hours off my monthly bookkeeping.

Cons

Occasionally there is a small error in the data mining, usually due to a receipt displaying information in an unusual place or style.

Joby I.

Finally accounts are paperless

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

This app saves so much time and messing about with recipes and invoices when you are doing accounts. It is very easy to use with the iPhone app, online and via email. Whenever I buy something I can just take a photo of the receipt in the app upload it and forget about it. I can also email receipts for online purchases directly to my receipt bank account.
The system then picks out all the information and passes to my accounts software (Xero) I don't have to worry about loosing receipts or searching for emailed invoices. It saves me loads of time and avoid boxes of receipts at the end of the year.

Cons

I don't really have any downsides to this product does what it says on the tin easy to use and reliable.

Graham L.

Overall superb

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

The accuracy really is superb! It is amazingly how accurately it gets the information required from what is often messy, crumpled or poor quality receipts

Cons

The main criticism is that I need a totally separate account per business. Would be better to handle multiples from one login. Also seems bonkers to have to pay extra for more users, has no bearing on the required server time or functionality's...eg zero benefits to just sharing a login .so to charge for it seems wrong. Lastly, the GUI could be modernized slightly

Boyd T.

I use this to input all of my receipts for my business.

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Ease of inputting receipts into accounting software.

Pros

I can auto-forward bills and invoices I receive via email to Receipt Bank, the ones which are consistent, I can even auto-publish to my accounting software (XERO)

Cons

I'm in Canada and have a few bills I pay in US funds. Occasionally a receipt will spontaneously switch currencies for no apparent reason.

Andrea O.

It keeps getting better

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

really happy with the time savings.

Pros

The company is really responsive to improving the product. Simplifies the Accounts Payable Process and saves a lot of time.

Cons

sometimes AI picks up the wrong supplier and you need to be alert to this especially for autopublish suppliers.

Sam J.
  • Industry: Accounting

Good software but could be cheaper for smaller practices

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

My practice used to receive paperwork by various channels and we were always chasing clients. This has made it easier for the client to submit paperwork, though there is still definitely some chasing! Overall, a good product.

Pros

This software has streamlined the ways clients supply paperwork to my practice. Clients are generally happy with using it and it is very intuitive.

Cons

The pricing structure doesn't differentiate between different sizes of practice except for single users so the savings scale massively for larger companies.
Clients can be confused about submitting multiple invoices by email.
Doesn't split across classes/departments in basic product

Brooke H.

Easy expense tracking for small business

Reviewed on 2018/09/03

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Receipt Bank! Simply taking a photo of my receipts has alleviated so much stress when it comes to month end and just the general brain space it takes to keep track of paper receipts.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints about the software.

Sam S.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Waste of Money

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

Ended up wasting more time then it was worth.

Not cheap either.

Pros

Photo recognition is very accurate and customer service is helpful and existant.

Cons

Where do i start. The system is very clunky, looks great from the outside but there are better solutions out there especially for the price. Upload a reciept and approve it. Then wait 24 hours for it to enter your accounting software. Nightmare when your trying to reconcile.

Doesnt link with QB Projects so have to go into each reciept in QB and add project. This defeats the whole purpose of the app. Oh and you have to wait for it to push to QB.

Expensify

Promise of ease of use.
Daniel C.

Does exactly what is needed

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

It has vastly saved time and effort determining my expenses meaning I can spend more time on real work.

Pros

the software is very capable at image recognition and determining exactly what was charged. It also does a good job of archiving said expenses.

Cons

I think there could be more done to notify the user of the expenses once they have been succesfully processed. I also think that it could do a better job when it comes to determining exchange rates for expenses. It would be great if they could find a way of linking the exchange rate used to the card that is paying, rather than guessing or using a value from another source.