Kashoo

Online accounting software for small businesses

Kent G.

Kashoo Accounting Provides Adequate Solution

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Overall Kashoo does a pretty fair job. It served its purpose for about a year but was ultimately replace with a more feature-rich package.

Pros

I liked the fact that Kashoo is an online solution and could be accessed from anywhere. The interface was fairly intuitive and easy to follow in most places.

Cons

Kashoo is a fairly good solution for online invoicing and billing but for the price lacks some of the features that you would expect.

Diaa E.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Best Accounting Solution for SME's

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

Being the owner of a small company with no accounting background at all made my decision to handle accounts a crazy one, but thanks for Kashoo who helped me overcome this challenge successfully! A well developed piece of software with a huge bunch of educational videos and guiding articles, equipped with excellent customer support is exactly what you look for when you are starting your first steps in accounting. Kashoo made my life easier and gave me full control over my cash flow!

Pros

- Ease of use
- Accessibility across different platforms
- Realtime save and backup
- Well designed interface
- Fully customizable invoices and reports
- Full-featured iOS app for iPad.

Cons

- Lack of a generic (non-US) payroll/HR component
- Useless android app!

Ben R.
  • Industry: Sports

Multiyear user

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

Great!

Pros

I've been using this software for 5 books for about 5 years now. I'm not an accountant, and it's so well laid out that I really prefer this to any of the other systems I've tried. It's all put together for a entrepreneur to use easily.

Over the years I've needed support and help a few times, and each time I've had the issue resolved by a real person very quickly and easily.

Cons

Some of the book keepers need to get up to speed initially, but it doesn't take long.

Dan N.
  • Industry: Law Practice

If you don't want to pay for Quickbooks, look at Kashoo

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

I needed to run financial statements and reports my previous software could not generate. I am happy with Kashoo and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an alternative to QB.

Pros

I was able to score a deal on this software, but I had been looking for a new accounting software for sometimes. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I really like the bank syncing (which nearly all software provides) and the ability to add users (add your bookkeeping, accountant, etc) and limit their privileges.

Cons

Not really their fault, but the big player in this game is Quickbooks, and nearly all professionals know how to use QBs. It was a bit harder to find someone familiar with Kashoo, but after that hurdle was over, the software works pretty well.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Making Finances Easier for a Solo Business

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

I got the program at a discount with lifetime access, so it's definitely worthwhile for that price. I can't say how much it would be worth for a monthly or annual fee. That's the only reason I don't rank it higher on the "would I recommend it" scale.

Pros

I've enjoyed having an easy online place to enter my income and expenses for my small business. The dashboard is pretty straightforward. I believe there are additional options I haven't explored, and they are constantly making improvements. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do at tax time, and I fully expect it to make things easier.

Cons

When I have a one-time client or expense, I have to take an extra step to add them as a client before putting in the transaction info. It would be nice to have a shortcut for that, and only add them to the client/expense list if it will be a repeat. But perhaps it's hard to know for certain when that will be the case.

John J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Flexible software

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

One of the really good things is that you can use the software in a simple way but it can also grow to include more features. Means that you can get to grips with bookeeping and add function as you and your business grow

Pros

It's flexibility

Al S.
  • Industry: Machinery

Great Service , Please adjust the last U.I. change

Reviewed on 2017/02/06

I find that the last U.I. change was a step back, some functions are a bit harder to find. I can see what the goal was, but I think things like renaming receivables to "unpaid invoices" for example is less clear, and a bit silly.

Jimmy I.

Clean, clear interface, quick processing, reliable, and does everything I need it to do!

Reviewed on 2015/10/07

As with all cloud based software, the ability to access my accounts from anywhere is very useful. Because it's all online I was anticipating an element of sluggishness in response times but I can say that I was proven wrong and the application works very well and quick.

It does pretty much everything I need it to do and the layout is logical and easy to navigate. There are a couple of things missing (proper Standing Order engine and statement distribution come to mind), but I have tried a few accounting system and found that none of them cater for ALL my needs (some will always be missing) unless I'm willing to spend a fortune. Kashoo covers the important ones - I can live with the ones that are missing - but having said that, their customer service is excellent and these issues are being addressed and shortcuts put in place to alleviate their absence, so I'm happy overall.

The most important aspect is fulfilled - reliability. I can't afford to find my accounts unaccessible, and to date they have been very robust and reliable. I've never had any problems with access to my accounts, and they include enough reports to also allow you to download the entire database should you want to.

I would certainly recommend them.

Ran M.

The only real alternative to Xero

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

I have been using Kashoo for a few weeks now.
The product itself works great and is easy to use, though some features could be more intuitive (double taxes for e.g.)
Support is awesome - and the solution is highly configurable.
I have tried Wave and Quickbooks before - If you are in Canada - this is certainly the way to go, as this has Canadian payroll integrations built in (hint: there is more than payroll provider you can use !)

This is the only real competitor to Xero (which I haven't tried).
Amazing!

Pros

- So far - everything is configurable
- Great online documentation
- Integration with payroll
- The service is amazing

Cons

- Some features are not out of the box or not intuitive enough, so you have to ping-pong support even after browsing through documentation.
Luckily, support is amazing and answers politely, accurately and within a few hours.
e.g.:
- Double taxes which apply in some provinces - was able to figure it out with support
- French Invoices (hey, we're in Canada and Kashoo is Canadian!) - was able to figure it out with support (had to do the HTML myself, but the tool permits that which is better than Quickbooks and Wave I have tried before)

Miguel M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

The Online Account Software for Startups

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

My overall experience is that my accountant loves this, and everywhere I go I automatically turn heads because this software makes me look professional even though I am a Company of One.

Pros

It has a very clean look and the fact that I can look at my statement very quickly is amazing

Cons

A step by step onboarding would be ideal.

Jeff K.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Perfect for Small Business Accounting Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

Great for small business owners with multiple companies. Easy to use and to train others.

Cons

Would love to be able to have app for employees that could attach receipts to credit card charges.

Kolleen S.

Perfect Answer to the Expensive Options

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Pros

Kashoo is simple and intuitive. They also have an amazing help department and put out teaching webinars quite often. It has everything I need as the big powerhouse SaaS, but no where near their ridiculous pricing.

Cons

I had no problems at all with anything. I didn't know how to perform a function and their help desk sent me screen shots and support. Great team!

Serena L.
  • Industry: Design

Solves My Accounting Problems

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

Tracked expenses and accounting related issues are a hassle and we used Kashoo iOS app, to efficiently upload our expenses/ receipts. This account is shared with our accountant, who will then file and manage accordingly. Syncing with our local bank also works well.

Cons

If only Kashoo will support read receipts for opened invoices, that will be great

Imogen L.

Save time with Kashoo

Reviewed on 2011/11/25

Kashoo in a web based accounting software solution that provides users with an easy way to manage business expenses and income. With Kashoo users can enter income and invoicing details in an easy way without having professional accounting knowledge. For users who need to handle different currencies it is good to know that the software downloads exchange rates on a daily basis.

Pros

With Kashoo, business owners can handle accounting tasks on their own. This is particularly useful for small businesses where the budget doesn´t allow an expensive professional. You can also give access to multiple users to view and edit information.

Cons

Would be nice to have the possibility for more configuration of the invoices.

Kelly G.
  • Industry: Sports

Excellent accounting package for non-accountants

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Great. As a first time user I was looking for a sharp, snappy system like this. I’m very happy with Kashoo.

Pros

Easy layout.
The app and desktop program syncs well.
Customer service.
Bank reconciliation.
Quick to sync.
Reports look clean and well presented.
Multi user function. My accountant can log in and view, fix up things. Quick and easy.
Cheapest on the market.

Cons

No automatic email for remittance for bills once paid.
Invoice template choice is fairly limited.
You may need an accountant to help you get through the first month to match up and balance the month.
Wish it gave a full profit and loss year to report it shows on the dashboard.

Linda M.

Limitations

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

Printed invoices are clear, but do not show payments made from different sources, therefore, of limited usefulness for clients wishing to access funding through two different EAP/benefit plans.

Cons

Printed invoices do not show payments made from different sources, therefore, of limited usefulness for clients wishing to access funding through two different EAP/benefit plans.

Ken B.

Excellent Accounting System

Reviewed on 2015/09/23

Flexibility is good in how transactions are processed - much less restrictive than Simply Accounting.
I like not having to worry about backups and having historical (previous year) data live is great.
Reporting could be better but I have learned to work with it. Balance Sheets and Profit & Loss work well - an A/R Aged Trial Balance might be nice but isn't a big deal.
I feel confident Kashoo will provide all the security needed and are dedicated to me and to their system.
Well Done!

Daniel W.

Best cloud accounting software

Reviewed on 2015/10/23

Kashoo has a great user interface that allows accounting fast and efficient. The great app for iPhone and iPad makes it very easy to get the latest data on the go. I like to do the accounting with kashoo (it's almost fun)!
Especially great is:
- caching the data field
- easy lookup of account via edit filter
- clear structured user interface
Thanks!

Shawn R.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Michael W.

Simple to use, yet plenty capable.

Reviewed on 2015/09/10

Pros: Very simple to use
Powerful
Can be accessed anywhere
Syncs via API to my payroll and webstore systems

Cons:
Multi currency support could be better. (iPad doesn't support multi currency, and my year end financial statements needed some manual adjustments to correctly account for gain/loss on foreign exchange)

Nycole p. H.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Kashoo Accounting Software is challenging

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

I did not like using it. It has some good functions. The fact that it was free was the biggest draw to me.

Cons

It has some functions that are good but overall it felt very convoluted. It was not as easy to navigate as I thought it would be.

Mark A.

Nice product

Reviewed on 2015/09/07

We are professional accountants using Kashoo for multi-national (and multi-currency) businesses. With the correct setup, Kashoo works nicely and has a great interface for clients to see their account.

Glenn L.

Great versatile accounting software

Reviewed on 2015/07/30

Easy to set up / change / modify as required.
Can access from any computer.
Don't have to worry about backing up files all the time

Ken I.

Easiest Accounting/Bookkeeping software by far!

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

The company is very responsive and the software / apps have been solid. Kashoo is my third (and final) accounting software service purchase.

Pros

Here's the thing - I HATE accounting & bookkeeping. So I want to spend the least amount of time doing it. And, I want to spend even less time doing taxes. Several years ago, I researched all of the solutions out there, yeah QB too... but I dreaded a steep learning curve and wanted something accurate - and portable. Kashoo has the app for my phone & tablet so I can whip out an invoice real quick while visiting clients. It downloads from my bank just like the other big names, and even has an option to accept credit cards from my clients. It's really powerful, and if you're a numbers geek you'll have fun with all of the options. But for me - it just works. Online or app - I don't wonder about my numbers anymore, nor do I waste a bunch of time. And they do regular webinars which are actually quite interesting. Almost makes me want to do my bookkeeping. Almost. lol.

Cons

There's really not a lot to dislike about the software, and the support staff is great. If I could change anything, I'd have them move their headquarters from Canada to the U.S. ;)

• Industry: Entertainment

Amazing alternative to Wave & a better value than Quickbooks for freelancers & small...

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

I love using it for most of my freelance needs: Accounting, Expenses, Project budgeting, credit card payments, and tax management.

Pros

Tax Management, Real-Time Bank Feed, Bank reconciliation, and Project Budgeting are just some of my favorite features, web and mobile apps are a bonus but the cherry on top for me is that they support the Spanish language as well. Not to mention the super fast support.

Cons

Not many cons but I am just hoping for more integrations. Specifically invoicing software like Fiskl!