1 324 reviews

Bonusly

Employee recognition and rewards that make work fun.

4,8
4,8
1 324 reviews
Jared M.

Zero Admin Overhead Employee Recogntion Platform

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Feed the tool money and watch your employees gift eachother points and build report and teamwork. This one is a no-brainer for companies looking to bring in a no-nonsense way of generating a bonus program.

Pros

Ease of Use: Bonusly is the pinnacle of set it and forget it. Their environment is so self sustaining for the users inside it there is basically never any need for administrative input beyond adding new people in!

Specifically redemption for employees - its completely handled between Bonusly and the end user claiming their points. With a wide selection of redemption options, everyone is happy!

Cons

Bonusly could probably do to work on some additional features for those that want to do more advanced rewarding programs.
Tie-in to other platforms and reporting/monitoring could use work.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Jared! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful.

I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our product team for their consideration.

Yasser F.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

A must have in any company

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Bonusly accomplishes what I need which is real-time peer to peer recognition. Often times, only big heroic accomplishments are recognized and rewarded, when in fact it's all the little things everyone does every day to help their peers is what makes a company great. Bonusly was flexible enough to accommodate our small startup when we were only 12 people, whereas YouEarnedIt arrogantly stated that they don't take on companies smaller than a 100 employees. Well, we're going to be 100 strong soon, and we're going to be using Bonusly.

Pros

- Easy to set up and use
- Slack integration
- Statistics and reports
- GIFs
- Does the job I need
- Priced well
- Lots of rewards
- Custom rewards

Cons

- Weak rewards dashboard
- Manual fulfillment of custom rewards

Response from Bonusly

Hi Yasser! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly easy to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! We're always looking to expand upon our existing catalog so please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any suggestions that come to mind. It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Lance F.
Industry: Banking

Bonusly has been a great addition for peer recognition

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

As the system admin and user of Bonusly, I have been very impressed with the solution. It was easy to stand up and integrate with our SSO provider and has met our objective from day 1 for interactive associate recognition. There are strong analytics available which provide great insight into who and how our users are utilizing Bonusly. I am hopeful that we will continue to see the strong user interaction

Pros

Bonusly has filled a gap that existed in our company around peer recognition. We needed a way for associates to recognize one another, and a way to share that recognition with other associates. Bonusly has enabled us to reach our goal with relative ease, and continues to be a fun (gamified) solution for internal associate recognition, with a tangible reward structure. The solution integrates seamlessly with Slack which was critical for us. It also allows us to utilize our digital signage at our offices around the globe (hopefully can use this feature more when all associates return to the office post COVID).

Cons

The internal response out of the gate (Day 1 implementation) was fantastic. Associate interaction remained strong throughout the month. My concern is the continued use of the solution as time goes on. Our company took a smart approach of granting each associate bonus points to give out on the first of the month. This acts as a subtle reminder to engage with the applications and provide recognition. I am not seeing any true cons at the moment.

Sam M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

This is a great product, but could definitely be better.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

It is the best tool for team morale and team building we have ever implemented.

Pros

Best team building, team morale building platform . Customer Service is great once you get in touch with them. The platform is easy to use, and fun.

Cons

The platform has many Buggy, errors. Customer service is slow to response, the platform is a tad bit glitchy.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, Sam! We appreciate hearing not only what you like about Bonusly, but also what you feel needs improvement!

It's wonderful to hear that you consider Bonusly the best team building/morale building platform, and that it's fun to use as well! Hooray!

I'm sorry to hear that customer service has been slow to respond to your messages. I took a look at our recent conversation history and we've responded to your messages within 20 minutes. To help us improve, I'd love to hear more about what your response time expectations are so that we can move towards that goal.

I'm wondering the same about the bugs/errors you mentioned as well; we of course want to eliminate as many of those errors as possible! You can reach us at [email protected] with any additional feedback. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Industry: Entertainment

Fantastic Platform to Recognize and Reward Co-Workers

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

This is such a cool little platform. We implemented it in our office and it provided an easy and fun way to get and give recognition to people for their hard work and accomplishments, or just fun things that happen around the office. It's a really great social building tool for your office.

Pros

The ease and simplicity of Bonusly is really key, since for us it's been used as a fun social building tool. Everyone was able to get set up easily, and the process of publicly giving points and sending messages among our team has been really easy and fun. I also really like the customization of it - we've been able to create our own custom rewards and even change the name of the "points" given to whatever we feel like on a given day. And we've never had any issues in terms of functionality - everything has always worked smoothly and everyone has always gotten the rewards they requested.

Cons

While I don't personally pay for the service, I can see how the "$3 per user per month" cost model is a little cumbersome. I understand why the price has to go up with more users, since that means more rewards have to be available, but I feel a simpler plan would be a specific price per every 10 or 20 users, rather than having every new member increase the price.

Response from Bonusly

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has been smooth and easy to use and that it enhanced the culture amongst your team! We value your feedback regarding our pricing model and do our best to stay competitive in today's market. If you have any additional feedback you would like to share, we would love to hear from you! You can connect with us at [email protected]

Chad A.

Fun and interactive engagement

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/10/21

Pros

I like the fact that Bonusly encourages engagement by making it fun for people to come out, add bonus' to recognition that others receive. Being able to add some fun animated GIF's to the posts makes it amusing to come out and read the feedback given on a regular basis.

Cons

I wish it were easier to leave some negative feedback privately. This would help close the feedback loop when things didn't go as expected, and constructive feedback is needed.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Chad! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful.

Aquline S.
Industry: Human Resources

Best software to give and receive points!

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Best way to earn points and receive points for work contributions!

Pros

Can see the rewards, give and receive points. Also one can use it for vouchers or earn money, one can even easily send someone few points to reward themselves!

Cons

there are not many options when it comes to vouchers or to cash out. Its either retails vouchers or paypal - limiting the options

Response from Bonusly

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has been an easy and fun way to give and receive points! I'm happy to share that, as an admin, if you would like to add in custom rewards to your catalog to expand the options for your team you have the access to do so! If you need any assistance with getting this setup, please reach out to [email protected] and we would be happy to assist you with this!

Industry: Computer Software

It is a fun way to interact with your coworkers and give them props

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

Overall we have enjoyed using it - we have found it easy and fun. The rewards center also is filled with many great options when you cash out your trophies

Pros

It is easy to use and a fun way for coworkers to interact. It also gives everyone an easy way to bring attention to good work others have done. It is also neat that it interfaces with Teams - to make it even easier to use. We also use it to tell the office about birthdays and work anniversaries.

Cons

Sometimes it can get a little annoying when there are a ton of notices popping up in your Teams messages, but it usually is related to something cool that happened so it is worth it.

Response from Bonusly

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly is providing a fun way for your team to connect and that using our MS Teams integration has made recognition even easier! We are also elated to learn that you enjoy the rewards selections!

Charlie B.

Great Motivational Tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

We use this tool to provide Bonsuly redemption points to everyone in the organization and redeem for gift cards, donations, cash payouts, etc!

Pros

Bonusly is easiy one of the greatest tools when it comes to rewarding your colleagues for helping with role specific tasks. I use it on a daily to thank my coworkers when they help me with someone out of my scope of work!

Cons

I have yet to run into any glaring issues with Bonusly. The UI is easy to use, and they make it so simple to redeem for points for a multitude of things.

Industry: Computer Software

Love using Bonusly at work!

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Overall, I am a big fan of Bonusly. I think it's such a great idea to give everyone a chance to hand out rewards and really thank people who have helped them out in some way. I think it boosts morale and makes things fun

Pros

I love the whole idea behind Bonusly and that you can reward your fellow coworkers for helping your out or something. It is so easy to send them some points and you can redeem them for prizes too! I love that you can add emojis, photos or giphys to make it really fun

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any cons about Bonusly they are great! I guess if I had to pick something maybe I wish that if someone hadn't set up their Bonusly account yet but you want to sent them points you could still send it to their email where they could redeem or something

Response from Bonusly

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has been fun and easy to use as a way to say thanks to your coworkers & boost morale! We are also happy to share that you can gift rewards to people who aren't in your Bonusly account! If you need any help with this, feel free to connect with our support team at [email protected] or reach out to one of your Bonusly admins for help!

Robin C.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Bonusly, Good and Bad

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Overall giving your coworkers a bonus is pretty easy and straightforward. Receiving the bonusly can be more tricky if you get a gift card code that doesn't work. Which happened to me twice.

Pros

I love how you can reward your coworkers for doing something great. And i love all the options we have with gift cards. I find it easy to use for the most part. You log in, award your chosen amount to your coworker, and then just submit and they see it right away.

Cons

There are a few things. I wish i could manually input the amount of the bonus. It gives set amounts. My biggest gripe though is twice I tried to use my gift card i chose for my bonusly and they DIDNT work. Once was for sephora. I had to actually go to the store, and it took them a long time to try to figure it out and only one person in the store knew what the issue was. I also tried to use it for amazon and had to contact amazon to have them manually add it to my order. I don't feel there is an easy way to contact someone if this happens. It was quite an inconvenience. Esp for sephora having to go to the store. Needless to say I won't choose that gift card choice again.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Robin! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful.

Hmm, you should be able to give any amount of points when bonusing - can you give that a shot with your next bonus and keep us posted?

So sorry about the rewards troubles. Our users typically don't run into any issues with this but we're always happy to help! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]), should you run into any rewards troubles.

John G.

Peer Recognition...on Autopilot

Reviewed on 2018/10/28

Great!

Pros

Can't say enough good things about Bonus.ly. Their awesome integrations are top notch (Single Sign-On with Office 365/Azure AD, Syncs with our HR system Zenefits, Bots for MS Teams/Slack). Also, when we've had hiccups, the Support team has always been extremely responsive.

We spend hundreds of dollars on SaaS apps per user. Adding $25 to allow employees to reward each others hard work and dedication with a coffee or beer (or Amazon gift card)...is no brainer.

Supporting and securing modern cloud mesh applications is stressful work for our hard working engineers and support team members. Bonus.ly provides some additional ways to reward inter and intra team comradery.

Lastly, the integration with our culture and values by requiring each bonus be hashtagged with one or more company values gives us great analytics to our top performers and alignment. It's tangible data that highlights the team members accomplishments through the year. helping at performance reviews.

PS - Did I mention it pretty much runs itself (users auto created/deleted based on HR status + Single Sign-On for Office 365 or Google means no extra passwords to remember)?

Cons

That we didn't implement it sooner at our organization.

Response from Bonusly

Hi John! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly easy to recognize your peers and to bring visibility to the company's core values. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success help motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! As a member of the support team, we definitely take some pride in helping with any issues that may arise and we're grateful for you acknowledging out work! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Aleah L.
Industry: Market Research

Bonus.ly - Employee Morale Resolved.

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

Positive experience, motivating and team-building product. Feels like getting a pay raise when the points come in.

Pros

This is such a motivating tool for employees to connect and keep morale in the work environment high. I personally feel that Bonus.ly helped me not only want to be more productive during my workday, but also helped me to feel more connected with my coworkers. Bonus.ly was one product in our workspace that helped us to feel more connected as a team. Love that the balance resets every month, and that custom rewards can be added to their system (For example, we had a work fundraiser that could be paid into with bonus.ly points.)

Cons

Minor software issues, such as: Tags did not always work. Sometimes I needed a refresh of my page before I was able to find the tag name of a coworker.
On the rare occasion, while redeeming a reward, the page would freeze, yet my points would still be deducted, and the prize was no where to be found. Thankfully customer support was quick to help, so this was not a huge issue, but enough that it should be noted.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Aleah! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree!

Sorry to hear about your issues with tagging coworkers and redeeming for rewards. If you have a moment would you be willing to reach out to [email protected], so that we can fix any recurring issues!

Brian H.

The staff love it!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Team micro-bonusing allows our staff to recognize each other regularly, which is very important.

Pros

I like the platform's automatic fulfillment and we use custom awards which are really cool. The ability to select cash increments is nice. The custom naming of points (we call them "Sploints" in our office) is awesome. Appreciate the slack integration.

Cons

It would be cool if my staff were able to trade their points. Sometimes we do Poker nights, and would be fun for our staff to trade away the points that they've earned. I find the interface used to be very confusing to find where I can configure things. I wish that we could use more hashtags than the current limit. I find in our slack log, gets a bit crazy when everyone "adds" to someone elses's bonus. Would be nice to either have a toggle to shut that particular slack message off (others bonusing on an existing bonus) or somehow consolidate.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, Brian! We really appreciate it! I agree, the custom rewards feature rocks! It's wonderful to hear that the Slack integration is appreciated; we also use it at Bonusly and it makes giving a bonus and keeping up with your teammates so easy!

Poker nights sound like a fun team-building activity! (We're game night enthusiasts around here, too!) It would be fun to tie Bonusly in with your poker nights though! Perhaps some custom rewards such as starting chips, or a cool hat to wear while playing? Just a thought!

We would love to go over the interface and configuration with you, as well as the slack notifications to see what we can do to help! Would you mind contacting us at [email protected]? We can touch base about those, and any other questions you have! I'm looking forward to hearing from you, and thanks again for the feedback!

Kat B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Best employee engagement tool!

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

What we thought would be a wonderful employee recognition and engagement tool (and it IS!) has turned out to be a really wonderful communication tool. I have recommended Bonusly to many of my professional colleagues.

Pros

I love the inter-departmental engagement Bonusly has fostered. In a recent communication survey, Bonusly was one of the "tools for success" listed by many of our team members. Checking the Bonusly feed is one of the first things I do each day. The staff love the gif options, and the leadership loves the ability to change the hashtags, and use the analytics. We have enjoyed the opportunity to offer custom rewards (i.e. paid time off, logo wear, etc) as redemption options.

Cons

Personally, I don't love the "big wig of ..." and other trophies. Sometimes there are just huge bonuses, and then that person is the biggest bonus earner in a category. No one cares. It doesn't fuel engagement, or spark any different behavior. I wish there was a way to opt out of that part.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Kat! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful.

We find that users really resonate with being able to quantify their Bonusly activity in the form of achievements and/or leaderboards. We see that this helps foster friendly competition and improved adoption, overall!

Industry: Retail

The best platform to give recognition to your coworkers

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

My overall experience with Bonusly is just awesome. I use it to give credit to others when a good act happen or someone (or a team) accomplishes something that gives value to the company. Or even if a peer just helped me with a task and I want to thank that. The best about it is that I am happier when I give points more than when I receive them.

Pros

I think that the idea is just incredible. You get a monthly amount of points that you can give to coworkers as a gift in recognition for good acts or a great work. Then, if you get points from your peers, you can redeem them and get a reward (gift cards, paypal credit, or just donate it to a non profit organization, and more). It is no that much, but it is really splendid when your teammates recognize your contributions to the business. It is better when you integrate it with Slack and with every point you give you can send a funny gif.

Cons

For now I could not be able to find anything to dislike about this platform. Maybe if you have integrated with Slack, notifications can be very annoying if you have notifications on for that channel.

Response from Bonusly

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates across our different platforms!

Ah, I'll be happy to pass this feedback along to our product team. It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful.

David V.

Outstanding Peer-to-Peer Bonus System!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

This software is an incredible tool for praise and peer-to-peer bonuses. We see it consistently improve people's satisfaction with work. You can redeem your bonuses from a wide variety of vendors, from Amazon gift cards to giving donations to the Red Cross. I cannot recommend this software enough!

Pros

It's easy to use. Minimal set up and basically no maintenance at all. It also integrates well with the other tools we use, like Office 365 and Slack, so people can see a live feed of bonuses that are given around the company. There are some basic analytics and fun analytics (like a word map created out of the terms used in bonuses during the past 30 days). And they are introducing new features regularly. Recently, they developed an alert system to help prevent fraudulent bonus distribution (which may be a concern for large organizations).

Cons

I can't really put anything in this column. The only thing that could be improved on would probably be adding more granularity to their analytics and perhaps longer timelines for their analytics. But even those things have improved in the last few years that we have been using the software. They are always improving.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, David! We're so happy to hear that Bonusly so well loved -- Thank you for the high praise! We are constantly working on improving our analytics; did you know that you are now able to create custom ranges for some of the analytics available?

If there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, or if you'd like to share a bit more about what granularity you'd like to see in analytics, please let us know at [email protected]! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!

Robin C.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

I love bonusly!

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Overall i find bonusly to be a great reward system and love the items to select from.

Pros

I like the selection of gift cards/options to spend your bonusly on. I like how easy it is to award bonsly to someone.

Cons

I used my bonusly once to purchase a sephora gift certificate which came via email. The code would not work on the site. I then went to the actual store and the cashier still could not get it to work. Finally the manager was able to somehow help her. It shouldn't be that hard. And im not sure who to even contact if something goes wrong with what you've chosen. It was kind of stressful. That being said, I've been using bonusly for awhile and this is the first time it happened.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Robin! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly easy to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! I'm sorry to hear about the rewards troubles. Our support team is always happy to help so please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) if you ever run into any issues! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Andrew K.

Fun and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

My company has been looking to set up a recognition and reward program for quite some time, and Bonusly offered us a great solution. After only two month using the platform, we experienced a great deal of interaction amongst our team and the overall response has been very positive. The integration with Slack, our primary communication tool, has done a great deal to self-promote the program, with little additional encouragement needed from peers and management. I would recommend this programs to anyone looking for a rewards-based recognition program for their business, especially for companies who frequently interact online.

Pros

Bonusly offers a very user friendly interface for peer to peer recognition. The web application makes it very easy to award Bonusly points, view engagement analytics, and redeem rewards. The integration with Slack makes awarding and celebrating rewards even easier, and additional features such as gifs and emojis add an element of fun to each interaction.

Cons

While the application still works for international teams, the rewards are more limited. The U.S. has a variety of gift card and donation options, but these do not carry over to most of our international employees. The application can also get a bit expensive over the course of the year at $3 per user per month, plus any costs associated with reward redemption. For larger teams, be prepared to make a substantial overall investment into the platform.

Carrie-ann L.
Industry: Human Resources

Great way to reward and build an inclusive culture

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Bonusly is definitely a must for teams who are wanting an amazing way to allow team members recognize each other and the ease of function for team members and administrators is a HUGE PLUS! I recommend Bonusly to everyone I speak with who is looking for ways to offer a reward and recognition program.

Pros

Our team uses Bonusly daily to reward and recognize our team members, and our team LOVES Bonusly. There are so many rewards to choose from and the ability to create our own custom rewards has been a huge plus for us. It's very easy for our team members to recognize each other and for the team members to select and receive their rewards. It's extremely easy for our Leadership team to administer.

Cons

There are no cons to using this software - it's super easy to use, able to download the app and use from a cell phone which makes it easy for our team to be able to recognize fellow team members in the moment.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Carrie-Ann! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful.

Caroline S.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Modern day approach to incentive – presents a concrete value exchange for work/effort in real-time

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Basically just a reiteration of my "pros" section of this survey – however, to add:
Everyone loves to feel appreciated, and in the workplace that can sometimes be hard to capture on a regular basis. Bonusly helps to promote synergy amongst your immediate team as well as cross-functionally and across departments. I think it's a very smart investment for any company's culture.

Pros

Overall, I really love the general idea of the software itself. Studies have shown that incentive for work tends to heavily rely on intrinsic motivation (self satisfaction) rather than extrinsic (raises, bonuses, gifts, etc.) - but bonusly seems to have found a way to blur the two together and deliver the benefits in one platform. I feel like a lot of time people lose motivation at their job because they think they're under appreciated or that their hard work goes unnoticed – so this is a great way to recognize your coworkers and also to promote positivity in the workplace.

Cons

Don't have any complaints really – if I had to choose anything...maybe it would be gifs - I prefer giphy over tenor, maybe the gifs could pull from both sites?
What about an integration with BitMoji? Might be something people would enjoy

Response from Bonusly

Hi Caroline! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful.

Noted on the GIFs! I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our product team.

My Team Loves it!

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

awesome!

Pros

We have a bit of an internal competition going on. We publish all bonus.ly points on slack. And each time a team member get the captain of Thank You or captain of Teamwork award there is some friendly competition and roasting.

Cons

The features are limited to the regular plan. I'd love to use the pro plan.
* cons an email cannot be used more than once. If you re-activate an old user email, all the history is there. It would be great if we could wipe the history, or be able to create a duplicate with the same email. E.G. we have a strong internship program with some rotation, but similar names are being used for emails. But it causes an issue for bonus.ly.

Response from Bonusly

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts - I'm happy to pass this feedback to our product team. It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Kartik B.

Best Rewarding Application

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

I would recommend using bonusly as it is a great application for giving rewards to the individuals and boosting their confidence.

Pros

Bonusly should be a must used platform in every organization due to following reason:
1.)Rewards are provided to the employee if the employee completes its task, it's a great thing to give reward as it keeps the employee motivated.
2.)The organization can also put incentives based on quarterly, half or yearly performance of the individual.
3.)Peers can send rewards to each other on working together with a particular task, this helps in a team bonding and strengthing relationships among peers.

Cons

There is no as such con in the Bonsuly as they are constantly updating their app and website. But it is just a suggestion if they can remove leaderboard from their application as it gives a sense of competitiveness which is sometimes not healthy for an organization.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Kartik! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates!

Ah, the leaderboards are a fun and healthy way of promoting top earners and highlighting achievements. We hear from our users that they love them because it helps add a bit of a game element to the mix, and helps foster some friendly competition, which in turn helps to boost participation with Bonusly!

Sean O.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Bonusly does help with peer recognition

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

When we've had questions for support, they have been quick to respond. Great to work with them. I believe they truly appreciate feedback and continue to develop the product around that feedback.

Pros

Easy enough to setup. The basics are definitely there. Bells and whistles are added over time. The reporting is great. It's interesting and helpful for management to see those who are being recognized by their peers and for what reasons.

Cons

As leadership within the company, we still need to drive proper usage of the platform. We see month end emails from bonusly issued and then all of sudden everyone is getting recognition for the simplest of things. That's not really the intent of the product, and we wish we could turn off that month end reminder. It's more harm than good. Obviously, it's in the best interest of bonusly to continue to show high engagement. But we want only authentic recognition. Overall, good program.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Sean! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful.

Often, we find that disabling the end of the month reminder emails actually hurts participation rate. We certainly want to make sure that you and your team have the best use of Bonusly but we're always happy to help in any way we can. If you'd like, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] so we can explore possible workarounds.

Jen K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Excellent product for immediately rewarding excellent work

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Bonusly has created a real environment of collaboration and gratitude within our company. It also contributes to some good natured competition to see who can be the most #solutiondriven for the week or who will collect the most bonusly points for the month. It's a lot of fun. When you have enough points to cash out, there are plenty of options to choose from for your rewards points as well.

Pros

My company uses bonusly to encourage inter-departmental collaboration and to remind all employees that reward those who have gone above and beyond to be engaged with addressing a client's need, find an innovative solution, or even just to lend their help and expertise to an overwhelmed colleague. This allows everyone in the company, no matter what level to achieve some recognition for the little things. In return, it helps foster an environment where we want to collaborate and we are grateful for the resources that we have to use for projects and new deals (our coworkers).

Cons

Overall, there aren't any major cons for this project. As a user, I would like to have better emoji and GIF shortcuts to key in - adding them currently is a little tricky - but that is purely a fun, cosmetic con.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Jen! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful.