Bonusly Reviews

Bonusly

Recognition and rewards that make work fun

4.8/5 (842 reviews)
John G.

Peer Recognition...on Autopilot

Reviewed on 2018/10/28

Great!

Pros

Can't say enough good things about Bonus.ly. Their awesome integrations are top notch (Single Sign-On with Office 365/Azure AD, Syncs with our HR system Zenefits, Bots for MS Teams/Slack). Also, when we've had hiccups, the Support team has always been extremely responsive.

We spend hundreds of dollars on SaaS apps per user. Adding $25 to allow employees to reward each others hard work and dedication with a coffee or beer (or Amazon gift card)...is no brainer.

Supporting and securing modern cloud mesh applications is stressful work for our hard working engineers and support team members. Bonus.ly provides some additional ways to reward inter and intra team comradery.

Lastly, the integration with our culture and values by requiring each bonus be hashtagged with one or more company values gives us great analytics to our top performers and alignment. It's tangible data that highlights the team members accomplishments through the year. helping at performance reviews.

PS - Did I mention it pretty much runs itself (users auto created/deleted based on HR status + Single Sign-On for Office 365 or Google means no extra passwords to remember)?

Cons

That we didn't implement it sooner at our organization.

Response from Bonusly

Hi John! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly easy to recognize your peers and to bring visibility to the company's core values. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success help motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! As a member of the support team, we definitely take some pride in helping with any issues that may arise and we're grateful for you acknowledging out work! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Aleah L.

Bonus.ly - Employee Morale Resolved.

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

Positive experience, motivating and team-building product. Feels like getting a pay raise when the points come in.

Pros

This is such a motivating tool for employees to connect and keep morale in the work environment high. I personally feel that Bonus.ly helped me not only want to be more productive during my workday, but also helped me to feel more connected with my coworkers. Bonus.ly was one product in our workspace that helped us to feel more connected as a team. Love that the balance resets every month, and that custom rewards can be added to their system (For example, we had a work fundraiser that could be paid into with bonus.ly points.)

Cons

Minor software issues, such as: Tags did not always work. Sometimes I needed a refresh of my page before I was able to find the tag name of a coworker.
On the rare occasion, while redeeming a reward, the page would freeze, yet my points would still be deducted, and the prize was no where to be found. Thankfully customer support was quick to help, so this was not a huge issue, but enough that it should be noted.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Aleah! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree!

Sorry to hear about your issues with tagging coworkers and redeeming for rewards. If you have a moment would you be willing to reach out to [email protected], so that we can fix any recurring issues!

Brian H.

The staff love it!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Team micro-bonusing allows our staff to recognize each other regularly, which is very important.

Pros

I like the platform's automatic fulfillment and we use custom awards which are really cool. The ability to select cash increments is nice. The custom naming of points (we call them "Sploints" in our office) is awesome. Appreciate the slack integration.

Cons

It would be cool if my staff were able to trade their points. Sometimes we do Poker nights, and would be fun for our staff to trade away the points that they've earned. I find the interface used to be very confusing to find where I can configure things. I wish that we could use more hashtags than the current limit. I find in our slack log, gets a bit crazy when everyone "adds" to someone elses's bonus. Would be nice to either have a toggle to shut that particular slack message off (others bonusing on an existing bonus) or somehow consolidate.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, Brian! We really appreciate it! I agree, the custom rewards feature rocks! It's wonderful to hear that the Slack integration is appreciated; we also use it at Bonusly and it makes giving a bonus and keeping up with your teammates so easy!

Poker nights sound like a fun team-building activity! (We're game night enthusiasts around here, too!) It would be fun to tie Bonusly in with your poker nights though! Perhaps some custom rewards such as starting chips, or a cool hat to wear while playing? Just a thought!

We would love to go over the interface and configuration with you, as well as the slack notifications to see what we can do to help! Would you mind contacting us at [email protected]? We can touch base about those, and any other questions you have! I'm looking forward to hearing from you, and thanks again for the feedback!

David V.

Outstanding Peer-to-Peer Bonus System!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

This software is an incredible tool for praise and peer-to-peer bonuses. We see it consistently improve people's satisfaction with work. You can redeem your bonuses from a wide variety of vendors, from Amazon gift cards to giving donations to the Red Cross. I cannot recommend this software enough!

Pros

It's easy to use. Minimal set up and basically no maintenance at all. It also integrates well with the other tools we use, like Office 365 and Slack, so people can see a live feed of bonuses that are given around the company. There are some basic analytics and fun analytics (like a word map created out of the terms used in bonuses during the past 30 days). And they are introducing new features regularly. Recently, they developed an alert system to help prevent fraudulent bonus distribution (which may be a concern for large organizations).

Cons

I can't really put anything in this column. The only thing that could be improved on would probably be adding more granularity to their analytics and perhaps longer timelines for their analytics. But even those things have improved in the last few years that we have been using the software. They are always improving.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, David! We're so happy to hear that Bonusly so well loved -- Thank you for the high praise! We are constantly working on improving our analytics; did you know that you are now able to create custom ranges for some of the analytics available?

If there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, or if you'd like to share a bit more about what granularity you'd like to see in analytics, please let us know at [email protected]! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!

Robin C.

I love bonusly!

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Overall i find bonusly to be a great reward system and love the items to select from.

Pros

I like the selection of gift cards/options to spend your bonusly on. I like how easy it is to award bonsly to someone.

Cons

I used my bonusly once to purchase a sephora gift certificate which came via email. The code would not work on the site. I then went to the actual store and the cashier still could not get it to work. Finally the manager was able to somehow help her. It shouldn't be that hard. And im not sure who to even contact if something goes wrong with what you've chosen. It was kind of stressful. That being said, I've been using bonusly for awhile and this is the first time it happened.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Robin! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly easy to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! I'm sorry to hear about the rewards troubles. Our support team is always happy to help so please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) if you ever run into any issues! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

7.0/10

My Team Loves it!

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

awesome!

Pros

We have a bit of an internal competition going on. We publish all bonus.ly points on slack. And each time a team member get the captain of Thank You or captain of Teamwork award there is some friendly competition and roasting.

Cons

The features are limited to the regular plan. I'd love to use the pro plan.
* cons an email cannot be used more than once. If you re-activate an old user email, all the history is there. It would be great if we could wipe the history, or be able to create a duplicate with the same email. E.G. we have a strong internship program with some rotation, but similar names are being used for emails. But it causes an issue for bonus.ly.

Response from Bonusly

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts - I'm happy to pass this feedback to our product team. It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Yasser F.

A must have in any company

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Bonusly accomplishes what I need which is real-time peer to peer recognition. Often times, only big heroic accomplishments are recognized and rewarded, when in fact it's all the little things everyone does every day to help their peers is what makes a company great. Bonusly was flexible enough to accommodate our small startup when we were only 12 people, whereas YouEarnedIt arrogantly stated that they don't take on companies smaller than a 100 employees. Well, we're going to be 100 strong soon, and we're going to be using Bonusly.

Pros

- Easy to set up and use
- Slack integration
- Statistics and reports
- GIFs
- Does the job I need
- Priced well
- Lots of rewards
- Custom rewards

Cons

- Weak rewards dashboard
- Manual fulfillment of custom rewards

Response from Bonusly

Hi Yasser! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly easy to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! We're always looking to expand upon our existing catalog so please feel free to reach out to us (succes[email protected]) with any suggestions that come to mind. It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Matt T.

Celebrate and be celebrated

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

It’s a great way to celebrate and recognise those in the company who do so much but fly under the radar of upper management. It’s also a fun way to thank people, the use of gifs on Bonusly has turned into an art form in our company. If you really want to thank someone you’ll put the effort in to find the perfect gif!

Pros

Bonusly is a great way to recognise and celebrate hard work and passion. It’s simplicity is it’s strength allowing me to log on and recognise someone quickly.

Cons

It’s very easy to use incorrectly, people can and do use it to give each other points on a quid per quo basis or as a form of payment or incentive. I’ve also heard colleagues offer to do things in return for bonusly points, totally not the point!

Response from Bonusly

Hi Matt! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly easy to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Ryan C.

We've had a great experience using Bonusly to reward one another and reinforce our core values.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

The Bonusly system is extremely easy to use. It requires basically zero training. Our employees love the opportunity to recognize and reward each other.

We started using the system as part of the launch of our core values, intending to only use it 2-3 months. It's been a positive enough experience, though, we can't stop now!

The system forces users to tie the micro bonus to one or more predefined hashtags. We have hashtags for each of our core values. This gives us a daily reinforcement of how we apply our core values to real life situations and recognizes/rewards employees for doing so.

Cons

There are only 3 downsides. 1.) You are introducing a new cost into the business, so you need to make sure it's worth it. For us, it has been. 2.) Some of our users report the mobile app doesn't work well, so they will only use the actual website. 3.) The analytics package is amazing, however you can't really share the analytics (like the word map) easily outside of the admin module.

Honestly, these seem kind of nit-picky. The positives significantly outweigh the negatives.

We were worried that employees might game the system and just give bogus bonuses to one another. We haven't had any problems with that. They give meaningful and motivating bonuses.

Alann D.

Such a great and easy program enabling micro-bonus for acknowledging peers

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

enables others to give shout-outs to others in the low admin way. Our teams have really taken to this program and it has helped improve moral and has become a part of our culture

Pros

Very easy to use, integrations with Slack make it even easier, automation and reporting great to ease administration. Rewards available are great and even being able to create your own.

Cons

don't like the pricing model of the automated birthday/anniversary, for what it offers seems a bit steep

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, Alann! We're so happy to hear that Bonusly is enabling your users to acknowledge and encourage each other for their hard work! We also love the Slack integration, and use it ourselves!

Birthdays and Anniversaries aren't the only fun things offered in Bonusly Pro! One of my favorite parts of the program is Funds, which is included in Pro. We also offer additional integrations with the Pro plan.

If you'd like to review the Pro options and how they could benefit your team, or if there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, please let us know at [email protected]! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!

Sílvia M.

A great way to foster company culture

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

I love it, really!

Pros

The concept of it is amazing. The ease of use and the many different reward options there are.

Cons

The emoji menu works pretty bad, I wish it worked as good as the one in Slack.
Also, when someone gives a bonus to a group of people, many times you want to add to that bonus but also including the original giver and that's not possible, so you have to create a new bonus for that specifically and we end up with several different bonuses related to the same event.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Silvia! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the emoji feature as well as the group bonuses - I'll be sure to share this with our product team. it's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Margaret M.

Bonus Options for Employees

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

It is a great product.

Pros

I like that all employees get a say in who can get a bonus. It is a great way to help show your appreciation. Someone ran a report for you? Send them points. Someone covered while you were on PTO? Send some points. Its great.

Cons

I love it. I think the things I don't love only really revolve around my specific business. Like I would like a larger allowance to be able to give out more points throughout the month but that is specific to my company.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Margaret! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Ah, whenever I run out of points to give (happens), I like to purchase the allowance boost reward so I can keep on giving! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Janine B.

Very easy to use and a great idea to be provided to Businesses to acknowledge staff

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

As mentioned before, I believe Bonusly is a software program that allows staff to acknowledge each other and boost morale in the Office.
The Company is shown to care and provide an extra incentive to their staff.

Presented well
Updates of ideas for gifts
Fantastic software that is provided to allow staff to acknowledge team memebers. This allows the Organisation to give incentives/encouragement to receive gift/gifts once earned enough points. This has also allowed staff to have group lunches which also encourages team morale with their points.

Cons

To be honest I find it straight forward.
I have in the past had a few issue's with updating our credit card details. Had updated, but still received email that we owed funds.
I find since you made a few changes the platform has a better flow to follow

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your review, Janine! It's wonderful to hear that Bonusly is easy to use and helps boost office acknowledgement & morale! I'm glad to hear we have made the billing process easeir, and if there's ever anything we can do to further improve your Bonusly experience, please let us know at at [email protected] We'd love to hear your suggestions!

Anja T.

Our non-profit staff of 13 loves using Bonusly! It's been a wonderful way to boost morale!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Using Bonusly has boosted morale for our staff members who feel highlighted and recognized in a prompt and positive way every time the leadership or colleagues list a specific shout-out and tie it to a financial reward. It's been a very fun and positive activity for our staff to participate in - some staff use Bonusly throughout the month, but most make sure they give out rewards before their balance runs out at the end of the month. It's both fun to send the shout-outs and, of course, to receive them. Sometimes our work environment gets exhausting and this is a great way to infuse new energy.

Pros

Our team loves the opportunity to promptly reward positive behavior and helpful acts of service with something tangible like a Bonusly reward. We had been doing shout-outs already, but to actually pair a shout-out with a financial reward that you can save up has been received very well. Most of our staff make sure they use up their allotment by the end of the month. I like that it's easy to reward individuals and teams and let everyone know what I see them or their peers doing really well.

Cons

We didn't like the leaderboard very much as our team works so closely together that it felt counter-productive to introduce this competitive aspect. It made the people at the bottom feel bad and the people at the top felt kind of embarrassed/like they didn't deserve the extra recognition more than many others. We asked the team to remove it and they asked us if we were sure - and then made the changes for us, which everyone appreciated. Not importantly at all, the emoticons are difficult to add using a laptop.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, Anja! It's wonderful to hear that Bonusly has boosted morale at Spring Initiative, and helped encourage recognition of everyone's hard work. I'm sorry to hear that the leaderboards were making your team uncomfortable, but I'm glad to hear that we were able to make the changes necessary to fix that!

Thank you for taking the time to work with our team in order to resolve that issue! If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to us at [email protected] We are happy to hear from you!

Vladimir O.

Keeps the team motivated!

Keep the team motivated
It's engaging
Creates an awareness of whats's being done as a team

Pros

It's fun, engaging and keeps the team self-esteem way up high....that's a good thing right? We love how it notifies us when there's some sort of anniversary, people feel really appreciated.

It also creates an awareness of how many things are being done in the company, people who go the extra mile gets recognized.

Cons

I wish it could integrate the GIF option better with the Slack app. Other than that we loved it. Some people complained about "why should we give bonuses when all we are doing is what we got hired for" - but after a year of using it we noticed how there has been an attitude shift, it just makes a friendlier atmosphere.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, Vladimir! It's wonderful to hear that your team is enjoying Bonusly, and had such a positive attitude shift! I agree with you about the GIF options available through Slack; I say the more gifs the better! We are constantly trying to improve our product, so I will be sure to share with our Product team so we can see what we can do! Thank you for your feedback, and for being a Bonusly customer!

Luisa S.

This is a great tool to reward employees and promote motivation in big teams.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

- You can choose how to spend your points throughout the month, who to give them to and the amount.
- The US catalog of rewards is great, there are plenty of things for you to spend your points on, Gift cards from a multitude of places, cash out on Paypal or even donate to your charity of choice.
- It has very nice integrations with software that we use at the company and the UI is very intuitive.
- It's really great for company games and competitions.
I recommend using Bonusly 100% as a way to reward employees for hard work and rocking it!

Cons

- The international catalogs don't offer many choices.
There aren't any other cons that I have experienced, I like this product in general very much.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, Luisa! We're so happy to hear that Bonusly is helping promote motivation and fun rewards for your team! We are constantly working on adding more international options to our catalog, and hope to have more options available near you soon! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, please let us know at [email protected]! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!

Jesse S.

Mostly good, a few spots that are rough.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

We wanted a way for employees to recognize the great work that their peers are doing without management always having to be involved. By giving everyone some 'money' to do that, it helps make sure that people feel appreciated and that they have a way to say thank you.

Cons

There are a few of the new features that I think should be included in the base software - especially for those of us who signed up early when there wasn't 2 tiers of product. I'm also really unhappy with the fact that they add rewards whenever they feel like and automatically turn them on instead of letting me control that. There are some causes like Planned Parenthood which can be controversial and I would like the opportunity to review rewards before they are published into our catalog.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, Jesse! It's great to hear that Bonusly is working well for your team!

I would love to touch base with you about your options regarding the plans and the rewards options. I think we can find some solutions to help! Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from you and seeing how we can further assist!

Peter R.

I am one the administrators for the company Bonusly account

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Useful to see how colleagues (often in other unrelated departments) are working together. It brings people together.

Pros

Very easy to use, navigate and get to grips with. Brand new users instantly understand it and see the benefits of being an active user on the system. As an administrator, I see minimal user queries. Great customer service! Really quick and informative 'chat' feedback.

Cons

On the admin side, the report building is not the most intuitive and sometimes take several attempts to get the correct data exported.

Response from Bonusly

Thanks for your review, Peter! It's great to read that your team finds Bonusly easy to use, and that our Customer Success team is able to answer your questions quickly. We're sorry that our admin tools aren't as intuitive as the user side of things. We're always glad to hear your thoughts on what can be improved! Send us an email at [email protected], or use the in-app chat to send us your thoughts. Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

Great way to recognize team members

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Overall Bonusly is great. It's easy to use and a fun morale-booster for the team! They add new retailers all the time, as well as charities you can donate to, and it also lets managers add custom bonuses.

Pros

I love how easy it is to recognize and thank my team members using Bonusly. We use it to acknowledge when other team members do something good that fits our core values. It's been a great way to celebrate our successes, and it definitely has improved morale across my team. I also appreciate how frequently Bonusly adds new gift card options!

Cons

No cons to Bonusly - this software is great!

Response from Bonusly

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly fun and easy to recognize your peers. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success brings teams closer and it looks like you'd agree! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

People like it.

People like it.

Pros

It seems to work. People enjoy giving and receiving little micro-bonuses and even seeing other people get them. So that promotes some transparency on what everybody is doing and a general feeling of togetherness.

Cons

It does sideline a certain population who just don't enjoy being in the spotlight. These folks enjoy private exchanges. If there was a way to fine tune announcements for introverts that would address this problem. Not everybody wants to share everything.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that Bonusly is able to promote transparency and a feeling of togetherness through recognition and appreciation!

If there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, or if you have any further insights about how we could make the experience more comfortable for some users, please let us know at [email protected]! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!

Brian C.

Not much to complain about here!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/10

Overall I am a big fan!!! Glad our office decided to bring it to our team!!

Pros

I love the idea of peer to peer recognition and rewards!! I love all of the different options on how you use your bonusly. I also love the giphy feature!!

Cons

The only complaint I have is the limited options for amounts of gift cards. For example, the first time I used my bonusly I had over $300. I decided to take my brothers out for some target practice. When I went to redeem my bonusly and turn it into Walmart gift cards, they highest denominations available is $10. So I literally had to use 30 different printed out gift cards to purchase the ammo. I just think you should be able to load as much money on each gift card as you wish. I'm sure there is more to that, but for ease of use for the end user, that would be a greatly appreciated change!!

Response from Bonusly

Hi Brian! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree!

Sorry to hear that you are having limited rewards options! Would you be willing to write into [email protected] and we can figure out how to get some higher denominations back into your catalog!

7.0/10
Stephen S.

Moral has improved because everyone can encourage and uplift anyone in the team!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Verbal encouragement is a strong motivator to make me want to do things for people. It also develops relationships.

Pros

Bonus.ly offers us the ability to integrate into multiple platforms so we do not have just one way to present bonuses to one another. Plus the hash tags and gifs take micro-bonuses to the next level! Not only are you encouraging someone where everyone sees it, but you get to influence the culture

Cons

If I have to come up with something, it would be the integrations with Bonus.ly do not have all of the feature rich attributes that Bonus.ly has on their website portal.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, Stephen! We're so happy to hear that Bonusly has helped improve morale by providing a platform of encouragement and expanding company culture. We are constantly working with our partners to enrich our integrations, so hopefully we will impress you sooner than later! I'll pass on your feedback, thank you! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, please let us know at [email protected]! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!

Pedro V.

Useful for Team-wide Rewards

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

Excellent platform nonetheless, better to say thank you with Bonusly points than to figure out recognition that doesn't stick.

Pros

Bonusly is a great platform to boost employee morale through recognition that goes beyond verbal thanks and a pat in the back. Their platform allows you to easily set up, add team members and give points for the accomplishment you like to give recognition for. The website is highly customizable with your companies brand colors and logo and even synch with our HR platform to add new hires directly to the list of users.

Cons

Their analytics and metrics reporting lacks some deeper intelligence. We can leverage more data through periods longer than 120 days and how each person's interaction with the platform is employed.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Pedro! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! We're always looking to improve the Bonusly experience so I'll be happy to pass this feedback along to our product team. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Kostas B.

Very useful tool for a business

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/20

I love it

Pros

In a business context, it is difficult to use actions to thank a colleague who has gone out of their way to help you. Gifts are inappropriate at work. However, bonusly points are sanctioned by your employer and visible by all, so one can thank another publicly and in an acceptable manner.

Cons

Sometimes, we get superstars who receive a lot of bonusly points, they deserve them but it makes other, less visible people look bad. For example, the office secretary may be the most valuable person but the IT technician gets all the bonusly points because they get our computers working and that feels more personal.
Points may also be used too much as non-pecuniary benefits to make up for low salaries.

So be warned, acknowledge everyone, not too much and thanks are good but decent salaries are better.

Response from Bonusly

Hi Kostas! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! I definitely agree that it's important to make sure everyone who deserves recognition should get it so I might suggest looking into giving those deserving a manual award. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) if you'd like to learn more about manual awards! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Freya R.

Our entire team loves Bonusly.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

- Love how fun Bonusly has made it with allowing gifs, emojis and hashtags
- Easy to use and integrates with Slack beautifully

Cons

The admin page could use a bit of work, like being able to search for users instead of having to scroll through the entire company to find the person you're looking for.

Response from Bonusly

Thank you for your feedback, Freya! We're so glad to hear that Bonusly is a tool your users are having fun with, and that the Slack integration is working well! We use Slack at Bonusly as well, and I love the notifications!

Great news -- There is a way to filter through users on the admin page! You can find more about how to filter here: http://help.bonus.ly/for-admins/managing-users/finding-a-specific-user-or-group-of-users.

If there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, or if you have any questions, please let us know at [email protected]! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!