Mentimeter Reviews

Mentimeter

a web-based polling tool for workshops, conferences & events

4.3/5 (17 reviews)
Brittane R.

My company uses Mentimeter to do a lot of our votings and anonymous feedback/questions.

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

I really like that we are able to ask our executive managers anonymous questions during staff meetings. This way, all our questions and concerns get answered without feeling self conscious about asking questions out in the open. My scrum team also uses the voting feature for our Sprint Retrospective. It makes the voting faster and provides visually appealing graphs and charts that can be easily read by everyone.

Cons

It can get confusing when using the codes to vote during our Scrum Retrospective. It means we have to have a different code for each team member. Having to input different codes each time can be tedious.

Great for interactive presentations

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

We have used this product many times and would recommend it to others. It is easy to use, can be accessed from anywhere, and most importantly is user friendly for those who are attending a presentation. Even those who aren’t tech savvy can participate

Pros

After looking into many interactive presentation softwares, mentimeter came out on top. The thing I liked most about this product is that presentation attendees need not create a login, it is as simple as going to a website and typing in a code. This was a must for my needs. As I used this product, functionality became more clear. One feature that is really beneficial is the presentation shows up on users devices- this allows them to follow along AND not get distracted by other items. It is really nice that you can upload a PowerPoint and incorporate menti questions into your customized template.

Cons

The free version of this website is very limited, however, menti did give a discount to nonprofits so even on a tight budget, it is affordable.

Larz D.

Group Interactions at its best

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Interactive Presentations and Polling

Pros

Great presentation tool that allows the host to engage and interact with the audience in real-time. The polling feature is lovely and allows for the setting of questions and the audience can give their input using a mobile phone or any other device connected to the Internet.

Cons

No cons for me. But since I have to put something, you can't control , how truthful the audience are with the presentation polls.

Paula I.

One of my favourite tools

Reviewed on 2015/04/14
Review Source

I use Mentimeter probably every week. We have to do a lot of our meetings remotely through telco or Lync, and with Mentimeter I can make sure that all participants are equally involved in the process. My favorite set-up is to do the "single choice" series with a segmentation of the results at the end. There is often a very appealing aha-effect from seeing th results diplayed like this in real-time. I don't know of any other tool that could let you do this.

What I love is especially is the fact that I can make Mentimeter look almost exactly like our own PPT-template. I have been asked several times if this is an internal tool :)

Mentimeter is at it's most valuable when it spurs a discussion around the results. This can be incredible sometimes, since the audience has created the results together, they feel that what they are seeing is truly relevant and they often do their uttermost to draw the right conclusions from the data.

Taking the concept of interactive to new levels

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Superb tool for polling during presentations

Pros

First, just to say, I'm glad I came across Mentimeter.
Mentimeter is a great presentation tool that allows the presenter to engage and interact with the audience in real-time.

It's polling feature is awesome and allows you to set the questions and your audience can give their input using a mobile phone or any other device connected to the Internet.

It is an easy-to-use online tool and can be used as a major boost for one meeting and presentation. Everyone out there should use this tool. It's quite fun to use.

Cons

I have yet to come across a con for Mentimeter. Maybe my vision is a bit blurred and I am failing to see, up to this point, the drawbacks.
The only disadvantage I can mention is really related to people, the audience. And how truthful they are with the presentation polls.

Great Quick Response

Reviewed on 2019/01/26

Pros

The ability to use this quickly with my students is a huge plus. I enjoy using the word cloud slide to have students place responses that form into a cloud. It is nice that this has an explicit language filter as well.

Cons

The pricing is expensive for an education app. You can do 2 free slides, but besides that it will be a monthly fee or a yearly fee which is expensive.

7.0/10
Alexander S.

Most innovative tool in the market

Reviewed on 2015/04/14
Review Source

Mentimeter is offering unique opportunities of interactivity with an audience. Especially the immediate participation in a survey by QR-Codes without the need of installing any application is a great help to implement a survey. The results will appear immediately on the screen in an attractive layout. With the question type „Open Ended“ it is easy to start a brainstorming and in combination with the layout option „Word Cloud“ you get a fantastic overview. Concluding Mentimeter is an innovative tool for presentations in business meetings, school classes and lectures at university.

Pros

a lot - especially: interactivity, responsiveness, general performance, reliability, intuitive handling

Cons

None - it's worth doing the upgrade

Reshma A.

WORD CLOUDS - my favourite thing!

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Engagement of staff at all levels - and that is so very important.

Pros

It is so easy to set up and customize various polls in different formats, to set up a specific brand and mode of presentation, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that you can embed a menti directly into a Powerpoint slide so that you can directly run a presentation without breaking the flow.

Cons

Can't really think of anything significant -but perhaps I would say - lets see how else we can embed into other ways - Prezi for example? Or a live post on Workplace?

Mentimeter - Far Ahead of the Competition

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/04/10

Pros

The software is very intuitive and has all of the instructions plainly displayed for reference as you build your assessments.

Cons

The free trial version does not allow you to set the answer response time to unlimited, but only offers a 20 minute max response time option.

Chad E.

An efficient way to get instant feedback

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

It is fast and easy to use. Allows the users to remain anonymous so they can feel more comfortable indicating their opinions. Excellent charts to present the poling of the results which is quite handy to verify how your audience feel about a presentation.

Cons

There are quite a few bugs:
Sometimes the app doesn't remember the event code.
There are times when a question cannot be skipped.
It is sometimes problematic to access the results from my PC.

Arman A.

Mentimeter

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/18

Pros

The graphic of this software is decent, the presentations can be created either completely by oneself or by using offered templates. Several interesting functions can be added to it such as quizzes.

Cons

I guess the cons here are more than pros: it is a bit complicated compared to other similar products, and not all templates are free. Although the result can be downloaded in PDF format, but one cannot find that function at once, and after all the PDF file will be not only with Mentimeter mark on it, but it will also be of no great quality, it will look somehow a slightly blurred.

6.0/10
Rebekah D.

Absolutely Awesome!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/06/13

I am VERY happy with Mentimeter and have already suggested it to several of my colleagues who are trying to think of a fun and innovative way to get people involved in their meetings.

Pros

This is great for using at a team meeting/presentation that requires collaboration or discussion. It is a fun and entertaining way to brainstorm ideas, instantaneously updates from votes people submit through their phones, and displays the information in an innovative and creative way. VERY high calibre software! DELIGHTED by my discovery of them.

Cons

There is nothing I have encountered thus far that I dislike.

Response from Mentimeter

Hi Rebekah, we all appreciate the review and positive feedback.

We will continue to develop Mentimeter so you can enjoy us even more in the future

Good tool for voting

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/31

Pros

Mentimeter is a simple and quick way to get real-time votes from a group of people. Whenever I do polling I use it. It has a free version so that is a plus. The free plan comes with unlimited questions and respondents. It is very intuitive and interactive when making presentations that requires the audience input.

Natalie W.

Quick add in for Presentations

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/11/25

I had a hard time figuring out how to get it to open in Presentations at first. Every time I want to use it, I have to add it. I would think once it is added an icon should open in Presentations somewhere.

Pros

I like that Mentimeter has different kinds of surveys. Many other programs have just one or two options. Mentimeter has multiple choice, wordcloud, open ended, scales, and more

Cons

I don't like that you can only have two questions for each presentation on the free version.

Tee D.

Engage & Interactive with your audience

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I understand presentation can be boring, but with Mentimeter. It takes presentations to the next level plus it gives you live analytics on your presentation.

Pros

Mentimeter is easy to navigate and presentations fun and interactive. It provides like capablity for audiences to leave their opinions, polls and comments to keep your presentation rolling without outbursts or focusing on one to many questions during your presentation.

Cons

Depending on your mobile device, program may give some glitches to loading to next slide of the presentation.

Yannick W.

Great tool for easy audience engagement

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Pros

- many types of questions to choose from
- quick and easy way to engage the audience and get feedback

Cons

- only annual subscription
- free version is limited

Mentimeter review

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Pros

The ease of use. Great options for feedback from participants.

Cons

The free version is very limited. I’d like multiple options for the same presentations.

7.0/10