Higher Logic Reviews

Leading Cloud-Based Community Platform

4.4/5 (63 reviews)

HL Community Platform engages members and aids committee work

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

HL community allows our members to engage each other across the country - and across generations (we've actually had posts from members in their 80s and 90s - so you know the ease of use is there!)
HL community also allows us better communications and project organization. (the competing product we use in this is Board BookIt.)

Pros

Ease of use for Open Forum communications is great
We have used extensively in our governance and it really organized and standardized our committee work.
Ability to integrate with Abila product
Abiilty to aid our chapters

Cons

I wish the libraries were easier to use - like Windows Explorer (does that show I'm old and not yet used to Sharepoint?)
Wish you could duplicate "events" in the calendar like committee meetings.
Wish the libraries were like google docs/share point and could be worked on collaboratively.

Gets the right information to the right people at the right time.

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

It's been good since going live with our users. The implementation was shaky, but we got through it together with the Higher Logic team. Now that we're live, I can't imagine using our old system, or anything else. It does what we need to keep our customers engaged, connected and knowledgeable.

Pros

We've been live about a year and our staff and customers love the Qualifacts Community powered by Higher Logic. The system is head and shoulders above our previous system. We have created communities by user persona and state. It's our central documentation and resource site. Customers are engaged, and have started doing a lot of self-support.

Cons

The CMS is capable, but quirky. I still get confused trying to arrange content blocks and creating content. The email/automation rule process isn't well designed for sending one-off messages, or even recurring, but unscheduled messages like system status updats.

Excellent tool for member retention

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Pros

We've been using Higher Logic's online community software for a few years now and have been very happy with our results so far. Our members took to the forum pretty quickly and we now have a fairly active community. We've also created additional forums for our monthly journal and have allowed members to create specialty groups as well. This increased engagement with our members has definitely helped out with our member retention.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve when you first start using the software, especially when setting up the automation. Their support is pretty good though so don't be afraid to reach out when you get confused.

Online Community User

Reviewed on 11/2/2018

Overall, my experience has been good. Our sales rep has been very attentive to our needs and patient while we make our decision.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. It is feature rich and offers multiple modules that suit our association needs. So far, the customer service has been extremely good. Our website partner vetted other online communities for us and felt Higher Logic is the best solution for our membership. As I said, they are feature rich and the reporting is excellent.

Cons

The implantation time is longer than I expected. However, I understand the need to take time to get it implemented to suit our needs and so we don't have to redo the install again.

Growing Pains to the Max

Reviewed on 1/28/2019

Frustrating and time-consuming. It's already a lot of work to strategize, evangelize, build these programs from scratch, and recruit members; the last stress one needs is the hurdle of getting the platform to work the way it should and getting the resources one needs to fix issues.

Pros

The fact that it is a tool that can help me run an advocacy program.

Cons

There have been lots of bugs that I have caught and have had to escalate to the Higher Logic support team. I just keep finding them and I can't launch my program because of it. Bugs have also negatively impacted my customers' experience in the 2nd program I launched. Also, the support team is not one person who knows my platform, goals, and agenda when I need assistance/have a problem, but it's multiple people who get back to me within long periods of time, often not resolving the root cause, but just the symptom, meaning the problem will probably happen again... I have communicated my dissatisfaction, and more Higher Logic people are thrown at my concerns, which only adds more chefs over the pot, and no one takes direct responsibility to resolve it=takes longer to resolve the issues. I am sure Higher Logic's intentions are good, but when it comes down to it, I can't depend on them to be there, to do things quickly, or even really fix the bugs I am finding; it has taken LOTS of time to get things resolved if we even do. My colleague had the same experience. To add: as a new user, the platform is not very straightforward to use, and I have to look for their materials, which are all over the place, or watch long videos to find the one thing I am looking for. The advocacy platform is very basic in look and feel, unless I hire someone for lots of $$ to help design it up.

3.0/10

Easy platform to adapt to for staff and members

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

It has been a really great experience and the Higher Logic team is awesome!

Pros

I prefer this software because members need something that is convenient and enables them to talk to each other without the hassle. This gives them a place to talk, share documents, have private conversations, etc. As a community manager, I can maintain the back-end without interruption to their natural dialogue.

Cons

I customized the design because I needed it to be "pretty." I think if it were easier to make it a bit more natural to websites within the tool, that would be the only change I would make at the moment.

Amazing tool for member engagement

Reviewed on 5/8/2018

Pros

Our organization uses higher logic for many things. The fact that you can manage an online forum and see so many members engage with each other is amazing. We also use higher logic to manage our volunteer application process. It keeps it very organized with all the deadlines and applications and sending out emails approving/declining members. There are so many different functions you can utilize with Higher Logic and there is still so much more for us to learn. Their customer service is great and the ticket process is very simple and you typically hear back within an hour or so from customer service.

Cons

You really have to learn the back end of higher logic to make changes which can be very confusing. That is really my only complaint which I can't even complain about- you just have to adjust and learn how the system works because their are so many options.

Best Support in the Software World

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

We came to Higher Logic 8 years ago and have been a loyal customer ever since. We have recently added the Informz product to our services for our members and the integration with our community site and AMS was seamless mostly due to Higher Logic's support team.

Pros

Set up and ease of use are amazing. Higher Logic Support stays with you from integration through your entire life cycle of the software. You never feel like you have been left on your own.

Cons

Need a few more levels on the admin side. there are community admins but they should have the ability to impersonate members in order to assist them.

Great Member Engagement

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Our members and staff both love our new community. We went from a listserv type of system that didn't have great archive capabilities to Higher logic and now we have awesome archives, tagging and increased member engagement. The automation have also made staff's job a lot easier. It isn't quite set it and forget it but its close. We don't have to specifically go back and add members, this is just done through automations.

Pros

The ability to have a history of the topics members have discussed that is easily searchable and organizable with tags.

Cons

We had a few hic ups when we switched integrations to a new AMS system but we contacted our customer service manager and she worked it out and got things running again.

Higher Logic is a great tool for reaching out to our members

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

My overall experience with higher logic online community has been fantastic and I'm looking forward to the new "face-lift" that is coming for admins of the community.

Pros

I like the ease of being able to use the community as both an admin and user. It is very user-friendly and integrates well with our customer management software.

Cons

Although it integrates well with our CMS, I'll give this product 5 stars once the document features integrate.

7.0/10

Higher Logic community is great for professional associations

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

It's been great. No major complaints -- just the note about upgrades not being obvious.

Pros

It is adult social media for professionals! Great place for members to share their expertise and ask questions privately, exclusive to an audience of colleagues who understand their issues and concerns.

Cons

The upgrades and how to take advantage of them isn't always obvious.

Everything we need in one place

Reviewed on 11/20/2018

We moved to Higher Logic to host our website as well as our online community for an education association. The transition to the new website and community was seamless from our members' perspective! They found using Higher Logic's community functionality to be very user friendly and we have a very active online community. Integrating the community tools into the CMS also gives us some great ways to highlight the community on our website.

Pros

The ability to integrate the CMS, email automation and online community.

Cons

Resource library tool has an outdated look and feel and has limited functionality.

More Learning

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

Overall, I learn more daily. i am still trying to get buy-in from my association, but I am fighting for HL because I believe it is capable of so much more.

Pros

I like how easy it is to learn how to use the product. I love how information is easy to find.

Cons

I think training for community managers should be longer. After 2.5 years of being on the platform, I am just learning things I need to know. However, since being CM, there is so much I need to know and I wish i would have gotten all of this information prior to be becoming the CM.

Constantly Improving - So much more coming

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

After I attending conference, I will make sure to be more involved in the HUG communities. I realized that I am missing out on so much content.

Pros

I love the ability the system gives us to connect members, provide them with resources and actually reach all of the members using the system all at once.

Cons

It is difficult to make changes and its not very intuitive. I am excited for the changes being made to the admin section, I hope these updates make it easier to changes and access different features.

7.0/10

Would appreciate more features without add on costs.

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

LOVE HUG!!!! Great members who always help each other out.

Pros

Love the ease for the end user (or members) If the pages/platform are designed correctly by admin/staff they love this connection to their peers.

Cons

admin interface...its clunky and somewhat confusing. The reports are hard to come out with a final combined report

My Higher Logic ExperienceI

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

we are engaging members who I think we otherwise would not have engage. so it's mostly all good!

Pros

I like the fact that HL takes care of all the set up/details/ tech and we have a product that we can customize to match our look and feel

Cons

some limitations in the implementation/set up that we worked around.

Lots of features and great support

Reviewed on 12/4/2018

Pros

There are a lot of great features available with the online community depending on what package you have. You are able to use it for forum style discussions as well as share and save documents. Communities can be private or public to all members of an association.

Cons

The library is not totally intuitive and can be a little tricky to rearrange and organize, however this is minor compared to the benefits HL offers.

Great first impression

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

We wanted to give more power to our members as well as a way for them to interact on a daily basis. This allows us to do that.

Pros

We just launched our platform and a couple of things we love:
1. The integration aspect and process was awesome and very easy. The APIs worked great.
2. The ability to customize was extremely helpful and useful. We have control of what it is and we don't have to rely on them to do everything.

Cons

Some of the backend functions you have to learn where they are as they may not be where you host them or what you would call them. However, once you learn, it's easy.

Excited for the future..

Exciting.

Pros

It is relatively user friendly for staff and customers. The interface for some features is pleasant and easy to understand. It embodies everything needed to run a modern business with online presence.

Cons

It's still growing so rapidly that there are still growing pains and issues that are less than ideal. However, I'm glad we're here and looking forward to continuing to grow with a company like HL.

Informz

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Overall, the product is fantastic and I know Higher Logic will continue to enhance the products in the future.

Pros

Ease of use, many features, ability to create personas and enhance engagement with members through analyitics

Cons

Prefer more creation options for email marketing.

Easy to use but time consuming with a small staff.

Reviewed on 11/17/2017

Pros

member engagement! it's great to see members connect online and development professionally by networking with other colleagues.

Cons

Takes a lot of front end work to really get started and understand the platform, which can be hard when you are on a small team.

My Higher Logic Experience

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

Pros

Automation rules and reporting are my favorite features of HL

Cons

Customer support has been decreasing over the last 1.5 years, response times longer and longer, hope of resolution of issues or product malfunctions is decreasing

7.0/10

About a year in and not too shabby

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

Overall Higher Logic Communities have been a positive move for our organization. It is quickly becoming a great member benefit.

Pros

We have been using the Higher Logic Community tool for about a year. We are fairly happy. Our members have embraced the technology and we can only expect further improvement!

Cons

I lost a little love once we were transferred over to the general population in terms of help and customer services. Once we lost our individual staff member available to help us we were entered into the ticket system which is a nightmare.

5.0/10

Engagement Made Easy!

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Pros

The ability to easily allow your members to engage with eachother, securely!

Cons

Admin portal is hard to navigate, lots of options, but not easy to find where you need to go to find what you need.

My higher logic experience

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Lets us provide our members with a secure platform for networking

Pros

being able to engage our members in the open forum

Cons

Would like to be able to use HTML code and have more opportunity for designing email blasts