Higher Logic

Mhari G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Rethinking our entire structure

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

I learned I have no unique questions! But the great news is that the community really comes together to share their experiences and answers. Every question I've had I found answers on HUG.

Pros

I love how easily configurable this platform is and how extensively I am able to customize our brand through customization. We chose to integrate directly using activity sync and I am excited to see how these two products are able to work in tandem to drive behaviors and engagement.

Cons

Lack of localization. As a global organization of 1.2 million members in over 180 countries, we support multiple languages (including English, Italian, Spanish, Korean, French, Portuguese, Japanese, Swedish). No being able to provide the platform in multiple languages gates off members that we would otherwise like to engage.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

#1 for a reason

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

The addition of the HL community has been a great service and value to our members. Pros definitely outweigh the cons.

Pros

It shows that they use their longevity and experience to improve their products based on user and client feedback.

Cons

As a single product user, it sometimes feels as if our needs are not as urgent (bug fixes, improvements).

Would appreciate more features without add on costs.

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

LOVE HUG!!!! Great members who always help each other out.

Pros

Love the ease for the end user (or members) If the pages/platform are designed correctly by admin/staff they love this connection to their peers.

Cons

admin interface...its clunky and somewhat confusing. The reports are hard to come out with a final combined report

Bringing our Member Together

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Pros

This software is a one stop shop for bringing our customers together to collaborate and learn.

Cons

There is a learning curve, but it is learnable.

Wanda D.

My higher logic experience

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Lets us provide our members with a secure platform for networking

Pros

being able to engage our members in the open forum

Cons

Would like to be able to use HTML code and have more opportunity for designing email blasts

Cortney I.

We love it!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

Ease of use, team members, sales process and implementation timeframe

Cons

There is a lot of information and I'd love to see more interaction with my HL team.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Pros

I like the ease of use and the increased member engagement.

Cons

I wish there was an additional level of access below superadmin level.

Julie K.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Pros

We are just beginning the communities process and have had nothing but positive support from the Higher Logic teams. I look forward to continuing our journey with them!

Cons

Nothing at this point. we are in the early stages of creating our communities. As of right now i do not have any issues.

Jessica N.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Growing Pains to the Max

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Frustrating and time-consuming. It's already a lot of work to strategize, evangelize, build these programs from scratch, and recruit members; the last stress one needs is the hurdle of getting the platform to work the way it should and getting the resources one needs to fix issues.

Pros

The fact that it is a tool that can help me run an advocacy program.

Cons

There have been lots of bugs that I have caught and have had to escalate to the Higher Logic support team. I just keep finding them and I can't launch my program because of it. Bugs have also negatively impacted my customers' experience in the 2nd program I launched. Also, the support team is not one person who knows my platform, goals, and agenda when I need assistance/have a problem, but it's multiple people who get back to me within long periods of time, often not resolving the root cause, but just the symptom, meaning the problem will probably happen again... I have communicated my dissatisfaction, and more Higher Logic people are thrown at my concerns, which only adds more chefs over the pot, and no one takes direct responsibility to resolve it=takes longer to resolve the issues. I am sure Higher Logic's intentions are good, but when it comes down to it, I can't depend on them to be there, to do things quickly, or even really fix the bugs I am finding; it has taken LOTS of time to get things resolved if we even do. My colleague had the same experience. To add: as a new user, the platform is not very straightforward to use, and I have to look for their materials, which are all over the place, or watch long videos to find the one thing I am looking for. The advocacy platform is very basic in look and feel, unless I hire someone for lots of $$ to help design it up.

Amazing tool for member engagement

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Our organization uses higher logic for many things. The fact that you can manage an online forum and see so many members engage with each other is amazing. We also use higher logic to manage our volunteer application process. It keeps it very organized with all the deadlines and applications and sending out emails approving/declining members. There are so many different functions you can utilize with Higher Logic and there is still so much more for us to learn. Their customer service is great and the ticket process is very simple and you typically hear back within an hour or so from customer service.

Cons

You really have to learn the back end of higher logic to make changes which can be very confusing. That is really my only complaint which I can't even complain about- you just have to adjust and learn how the system works because their are so many options.

Teshia B.

Online Community Product

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

I have worked with three organization that used the Online Community platform and the major benefit in recent years is how HL supports the organization from start to finish and continues support ongoingly. My first organization did not have that level of support during launch, but HL recognized organizations needed that support and they responded to that need. Now I feel between the HL staff and HUG, you can really conquer any problem you encounter as an admin.

Cons

More recently we're experienced some problems with regard to the volunteer opportunities module and sending opportunities. I know changes are coming down the pike that may improve this activity.

Brandon C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Higher Logic is a misnomer

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

The main problem I have is the lack of intent to update the platform to be more competitive with others on the market, this product is marketed as an enterprise solution but misses the mark by a long shot with out of date UI, lack of features and unwillingness to change. The only redeeming factor is its simplicity and gentle learning curve, not ideal for an Enterprise solution, but would work fine for small business.

Pros

On the plus side of things, the software is fairly intuitive and only takes a little time to figure out the basics of. It really isn't too difficult to get started with it or show someone how to use it. We mainly use Informz from Higher Logic, and use to send our retail oriented emails. It's easy to set up test groups, and do some basic targeted emails.

Cons

The software is extremely unreliable, half of the time you get server errors or the whole platform is down. There is also very little customization built into the platform. There is no way to modify your CSS or integrate other features into creating emails such as branded fonts and visually interactive elements. As someone who builds the emails I want to be able to have my emails be on brand with other marketing and promotional materials, this is hard to achieve without sacrificing legibility and flexibility on this platform.

Melissa L.
  • Industry: Higher Education

A customized solution for all types of clients

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

The platform is easily adapted to be configured for different clients and fields of work. Although there are best practices for initial structure, there are options for customization.

Cons

At times I have run into issues since we are a long term user of the platform, thus some of our setup is not good for utilizing other new features and enhancements that have been developed for the platform. It would be helpful if there was a bit more information to assist legacy clients so we do not get left behind.

Heather M.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Easy to Use and Implement

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

I truly enjoy it and hope that our users expound upon it and that it becomes a huge part of our member value and communication strategy.

Pros

The Higher Logic team were so hands-on and helpful during our training, implementation and execution. They went above and beyond to understand our needs and help us develop the platform that worked for us. I would highly recommend Higher Logic an their team.

Cons

It used to be the admin side - but now I love the new Admin!

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Pros

I enjoy the ability for non-developers to be able to easily use the site and set up pages without having to be able to code.

Cons

Implementation is difficult if you do not have the standard customer scenario. There are not many commercial customers, but hopefully this is an area that will grow.

Great way to communicate with your membership

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Continuous conversations with our members.

Pros

The support from Higher Logic is great. Right from the beginning they were there to help you navigate your way through setting up an online community. Its the prefect platform for our members to engage with each other and our association. It helps us to know what issues are important and relevant to our membership.

Cons

You can get announcements and events in the daily digest.

Carmen M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Great way to connect your Section and Chapters

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Pros

This product is great as a member only benefit and allows you to create community for our state sections and local chapters. Our members love it!

Cons

Some of our members are not as technologically gifted and need assistance, but once they get trained the LOVE it! So there are opportunities for all ages and skill levels. :)

Keri H.

Great Service and Product

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

Although I am a new admin for the product, I have found the service and quality of the product itself to be beyond excellent. This company knows its stuff!

Cons

There has been nothing so far that I don't like.

Heidi E.

Online community with good customization

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

It is a good platform that supports our 20+ member-only communities, serves over 20,000 members and over 700 posts per month.

Pros

It's a good platform to customize and make it work for your members' needs.

Cons

There are a lot of options when it comes to rules or reporting, kind of hard to know where to start.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Transferring from one community platform to another

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Pros

There are so many more tools for communities than I've seen in previous software, and the company is still growing so there is a lot of chances to give ideas and influence the new additions to features.

Cons

The back end design is very clunky, though they are going to be updating it and I can't wait to give it a try. There is also a limited number of security customizations in some influential parts of communities, such as moderating a big group of individuals at once, or restricting people to not be able to post, but be able to respond to posts. I hope these will come in the future.

• Industry: Insurance

We use for an exclusive internal community network of contractors across the country.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Great community network site! The HUG (Higher Logic User group) is too big to easily find help; but, you can dial into meaningful things there, and the support site is great.

Pros

There is a lot of functionality, but you can easily dial in to the level you need. Our community took off immediately and we are seamlessly layering in different functionalities. The support provided and information available to help us become empowered administrators is excellent.

Good Concept Old Look and Feel

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Pros

This is a great concept for communities to gather and have discussions.
There is plenty of space for ideas, growth and resources.

Cons

The look is very old especially the font. I feel very limited when building a microsite. the over content management portion is not user friendly and I have background in content management. I would probably recommend something widget based and suggest looking into Crowdster webpages.

Still Discovering All There is to Offer

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Pros

I think this is a great forum for our committee members to keep in touch and stay focused on their goals. Additionally, the integration with email helps for our members to reply to postings without cutting into their work. The document sharing feature is amazing for keeping everything in the same spot.

Cons

Our format looks a bit dated. I'm not sure if this was a choice on our end. Also, navigation can be a bit tricky from time to time.

• Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

I haven't had a lot of interactions to this point with the community but the ones I have had so far have been god overall.

Pros

I am new to the platform but it's pretty intuitive after just a brief training.

Cons

Wish there was more flexibility in page designing.

Kimberly S.

HL Community Platform engages members and aids committee work

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

HL community allows our members to engage each other across the country - and across generations (we've actually had posts from members in their 80s and 90s - so you know the ease of use is there!)
HL community also allows us better communications and project organization. (the competing product we use in this is Board BookIt.)

Pros

Ease of use for Open Forum communications is great
We have used extensively in our governance and it really organized and standardized our committee work.
Ability to integrate with Abila product
Abiilty to aid our chapters

Cons

I wish the libraries were easier to use - like Windows Explorer (does that show I'm old and not yet used to Sharepoint?)
Wish you could duplicate "events" in the calendar like committee meetings.
Wish the libraries were like google docs/share point and could be worked on collaboratively.