Zoho Expense Reviews

Zoho Expense

The one-stop-shop for travel and expense management

Thomas
Thomas
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Zoho Expense

Reviewed on 2023/01/14

Our new organization needed to start tracking expenses quickly. Done!

Our new organization needed to start tracking expenses quickly. Done!

Pros

Fast and easy to setup and configure for new users

Cons

Some interface buttons and links were not intuitive, but they were fine once I became accustomed to where to look

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

More focused product with a clean design and friendly price points.
Tatiana
  • Industry: Entertainment

Zoho is Perfect for my Business

Reviewed on 2023/10/10

I don't need the entire functionality of Quickbooks. So Zoho is better for me, and I can add features and modules as I need them. I love Zoho's branding. Super modern, and user-friendly. I also love their customer service.

Pros

A lot of accounting and expense tracking apps out there are too expensive and have features that I don't really need for a solopreneur operation, so it's refreshing that Zoho has many different apps that you can choose from to build your perfect enterprise solution, no matter how small or big your operation is. They're highly scalable too. One of the features I love is expense automation, and this is key so I don't have to be remembering to upload regular charges for my business. And automation was easy to setup following a few steps. Autoscan is fantastic. Amazing product.

Cons

There are still some features that I don't need within Zoho Expense, and sometimes the app feels a bit cluttered for my operation, but I still manage to go around this and get what I need at an affordable price. For bigger operations, having these features though perfectly makes sense, and you won't go wrong on the price.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

When I first started my business, I got a cute booklet in the mail with actual good tips for a start up business, and it was from Zoho. I kept it around knowing one day I'd use their services because I really liked their brand. And about a year later they proved to be better than the competition in both affordability and functionality.
Tracy
  • Industry: Design

Great tool to track and store receipts

Reviewed on 2023/01/10

I love the idea of being able to easily capture my receipts and have them backed up and integrated with my Zoho Books. I did find it a little bit tricky to use and I did end up duplicating expenses that I was unable to rectify - not on the app or on my Zoho Books. So perhaps find some vides on how to use it correctly before it causes a problem in your accounts

Pros

I love how easy it is to capture reciepts and expenses and that it links up to my Zoho Books so it only needs to be captured once. I love the approval feature for employees and the reimbursements too - it just makes admin much easier.

Cons

As a beginner, I found it a bit tricky to use. I am not an accountant and am just starting to manage my business accounts better, and I just found that the jargon of the software was not that straightforward. I ended up with a problem on my main Zoho Books because of logging the receipts incorrectly and some were duplicated which caused some confusion.

Response from Zoho

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.

We would like to provide you with an in depth training to make use of Zoho Expense more effectively. Also, we would be going through the configurations that you have done and make sure that everything is properly set up. Please send an email to <[email protected]> with more details so that we can get in touch with you.

Awaiting your response.

Nikhil Raj T - Zoho Expense

I

Useful option for on the go receipt management

Reviewed on 2023/11/20

Pros

Useful option for on the go receipt management

Cons

It's more expensive than some alternatives, such as Expensify.

Response from Zoho

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and sharing your feedback.

Our team is constantly working on improving the user experience for all users by simplifying the process and also making it visually appealing. If you have any feature suggestions, feel free to reach out to us on <support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com>.

Assuring you our best service at all times.

Thanga - Zoho Expense

James

You can't go wrong if you want a complete solution

Reviewed on 2023/04/12

We made this change from Quickbooks from our previous years and feel that ZOHO is superior.In addition, we were completely surprised at how intuitive the interface was.

Pros

We love the ease of associating actual expenses with the expense reports. Our CPA loves it too.

Cons

The one thing that initially got us hung up, was the ability to edit a submitted expense.

Heather
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Still in Set up phase

Reviewed on 2023/05/01

Good so far

Good so far

Pros

Is is inexpensive and looks like it has all the features I need

Cons

Still don't know enough about it. I just stared using it.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

I have used Concur in the past. It is has many features, such as reporting, that I do not need. Now that I'm at a smaller company, it seems too expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

It was cheaper and seems like it has everything we need.
Kyle
  • Industry: Performing Arts

The perfect solution for our company

Reviewed on 2023/04/18

We needed an easy way to help our employees see and keep track of their expenses, then report them for accounting purposes. Zoho has made this easy for us. What sets Zoho apart is that it truly is small business friendly; their pricing plans make this affordable for small businesses while providing enterprise level features and benefits.

Pros

Zoho Expense is easy to setup, onboard and manage.

Cons

We had a few challenges with importing accounts at first, but customer service was able to help us get it squared away.

Expensify and SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

Zoho pricing plans make this affordable for small businesses while providing enterprise level features and benefits.
Tim
  • Industry: Printing

Great Product

Reviewed on 2023/05/05

Pros

I've used Zoho products in the past and this on keeps up the great software tradition.

Cons

I Haven't found anything to note. Zoho software is 1st Class!

Emburse Certify Expense

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

Certify did not seem to offer the feature set as well.
Danielle

New Review

Reviewed on 2024/01/08

Positive experience overall, very happy with this system

Positive experience overall, very happy with this system

Pros

It is very user friendly. Easy to upload your expenses, and easy to keep track of what you have added and what has already been paid. Keeping track of what is yet to be paid and what has been approved already

Cons

I have no cons with using this system yet

Erik
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Zoho review

Reviewed on 2024/01/21

Pros

Ease of use, the mobile upload is a synch!

Cons

It does not recognize easily when a report has been completed and reminds one to submit.

Tina
  • Industry: Wholesale

Life Saver

Reviewed on 2022/10/04

By using the app, I automatically take pictures of receipts when getting them. No more procrastination inputting at the end of the week. I don't miss any receipts and they are in order by date, so accounting can match to the credit card charges. This is saving time and sometimes trees. A lot of hotel receipts are emailed directly to my business email. I'm able to go on website and attach these receipts into the report saving paper. Very easy to do. You can never get back time. Time is money and this saves me a lot of it.

Pros

When my previous provider discontinued their service, I was in a panic. I immediately started searching and reading reviews. Zoho Expense was the closest I could find to support my needs. The cost was very reasonable, and the app is easy to use. It was important for me to be able to have access to an app that stored receipt photos and giving me a comment section where I could explain what each expense was for. Their app was self-explanatory easy to use, and the website allows you to review all information compiled on the app making changes, if necessary, before submitting.

Cons

The only downside I have experienced is when taking photos on the app, the photo store to my phone. There might be an easy fix to this, but I haven't had time to try. I just go and delete all the photos once my expenses have been submitted.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

They no longer offered the service. They contacted me in July and stated they were discontinuing this service. I could switch to their new service, but it was for large groups, and I was the only employee using it.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

It was their customer service team. They were extremely helpful and helped with all my questions. The cost was within the allotted budget my company allows. The app was also a factor. It was very clear and easy to use.
Robb
  • Industry: Accounting

A very nice product

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Everything has been satisfactory. At times support can be a bit difficult to work with, but people are busy - I get that.

Pros

It was quite simple to setup the system. I was rushed through the process due to the fact that our old solution was being sunset, but the ease of use helped in the transition. Users found it easy enough to pick up and use without extensive training sessions.

Cons

It does what we need it to do. The app isn't exactly user friendly for submitting. Good for taking photos of receipts but beyond that not useful.

BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy) and 1Centre

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

ExpensAbles is going away.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

Pricing and credit cards (not all, but some) can link to system. Doesn't force you to take out one of their credit cards.

Response from Zoho

Hi Robb,

Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and share your feedback.

We're glad to hear that it was simple to set up and easy to use. We understand the mobile app isn't easy to use for submitting expense reports and will try enhancing the same.

If you have any further feedback or queries, do reach out to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com.

Mohamed Salah
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Pretty Cool Expense Management Platform

Reviewed on 2023/01/17

Overall, I am very satisfied with my experience using Zoho Expense. It has made managing expenses much easier and more organized. The only downside is occasional issues with the mobile app.

Pros

I have been using Zoho Expense for several months now, and I am extremely impressed with how user-friendly and efficient it is. The ability to easily track and report expenses has saved me a lot of time and hassle.

Cons

One downside I have experienced with Zoho Expense is that the mobile app can be a bit buggy and laggy at times.

Jackie
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Beats Expensify

Reviewed on 2023/03/02

Everything's so good, that I became wary that it must be too good to be true. I mean, this literally beats Expensify in price and features -- everything. I'm very appreciative of the free trial because I was even able to sample how good Zoho's customer support is. I can now confirm it is NOT too good to be true; it's the real deal. We'll be using this for our startup company which has a 100+ headcount.

Pros

I love how granular you can get with Zoho Expense, you can create custom rules so employees don't go over a stipend policy. Freaking love the price. I've demo'd with a bunch of other vendors, dude. You cannot beat the price of Zoho Expense.

Cons

I only wish managers could see their direct report's spend in the Analytics module.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Expensify is really expensive unless you use their corporate cards. Even then, they don't have an Analytics module at all.

Pricing and Features
Kyle
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Zoho Expense has increased productivity, quality, and accuracy for our business

Reviewed on 2021/08/19

Our expense reports are easier to analyze and we have been able to put a new travel policy in place thanks to the ease of function and intel it has given our company.

Pros

The reminders are vital when you are juggling 100's invoices and then additional travel. It helps us evaluate the time spent on traveling and to schedule trips in the most cost-effective manner both for our company and our clients. It provides ease of communication between staff members and allows issues to be resolved quickly. The integration with Quickbooks is an added bonus.

Cons

I do not currently have any complaints about the software and have had a similarly great experience with a number of Zoho products.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Perfect for beginners to advanced users

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

I really liked it but the features could work better. For example the invoices look mint and the editor is great but editing line options on the invoice was difficult to find. I thought that when doing each invoice it may be an idea to either show your input into it in real time or allow you to edit the template with your input in real time. I would prefer inputting directly into the invoice template than the system back end.

Pros

I like the access to various apps that support each other and fully integrate

Cons

You have to learn a lot of it yourself and it can be time consuming to setup.

Cody
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Zoho is an easy to use, expense management system with great UI and customizations

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

Zoho is easy to use, setup and configure. It makes invoice processing much faster, and is a huge upgrade from the paper forms we were using.

Pros

Zoho expense is a wonderful product. It does everything you expect of an expense management software. It's simple to use, easy to setup, and the API and documentation is top notch. There are many ways to customize it to do exactly what you want. Furthermore, it does everything other expense management software does at half the cost!

Cons

Unfortunately, they use actual humans to do the "auto scan" which is a privacy concern. Furthermore, we couldn't itemize taxes, but we found a workaround for that.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Zoho is a much faster, easier to use, and saved our company lots of time.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Expense

It had a better API, more customizations, and was cheaper.
Kevin

Zoho Expense is the Solution to Your Problem for staying on top of Your Expenses

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Originally, about 2 years ago, I was using QuickBooks for my business and Zoho for CRM, Meetings and other. I did not realize that Zoho offered an Expense product.
I really enjoyed my initial experience with Expense and immediatly migrated my database to Zoho. I was actually taking QuickBooks training sessions (at $85 a pop) with our Austin SCORE branch. Zoho has a very rich knowledgebase of trainging on their entire suite. Zoho has posted dozens of training videos on YouTube of which I have personally viewed around 30 of them I believe. I created a favorites folder and tag the Zoho videos for that reason. I have personally never had to call their support-if there is something I am usure of, the YouTube/Zoho combo solves any questions I may have.

Pros

All of the basic user GUI tools and features work flawlessly. I have never once had one of those SalesFarce moments where it took me 3 weeks to figure out the issue why new phone could not capture receipt images and other similar experiences that my associates have had. Really, understanding the operation and navigation was suprisingly intuitive. I really enjoy the aethetics; and compared to the bowl of spaghetti GUI with QuickBooks, I have never found myself in a situation where I obligated to seek out and pay for additional training because I was completely lost. The only people critical of Zoho products are those working for cometitors and folks who have never used any of the products.

Cons

In the past, many products including Expense could be a little light on features and more challenging in large, multi-platform, multi-facility, multi-user implementations. But honestly, think about SalesFarce and another three-dozen or more competitors in that space and find one that is an "everything for everyone" product - they dont exist. Zoho seems to be commited and persistent and building out the feature-set in the entire product suite.

• Industry: Accounting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Very well done application!!

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

Reporting for government tax agencies. CRA in Canada is getting very aggressive about checking out the small business expenses and eliminating them. ZOHO provides an easy to see, email ready reporting system to the CRA. We will soon be ready in another area of financial reporting. ZOHO expense has easy receipt capture as well as robust reporting that captures all the areas of receipt information. Very pleased with it.

Pros

When our company President brought me ZOHO's website link and asked me to look into it, I was impressed with the website and the number of different applications that ZOHO had. Sam wanted me to look into ZOHO expense as a necessary reporting tool that the previous owners had not utilized. I used the chat feature to help me set it up and our Comptroller brought in the feed from the bank credit cards in order to match transactions from our corporate credit cards. Support was great and I was careful to get it set up during the week (support is 24/5) and I learned to use ZOHO Expense over the weekend creating expense reports for the two corporate cardholders using different methods of receipt capture. Both corporate cardholders have different approaches to receipt capture and ZOHO expense makes their choice the best for them. Very well done application!!

Cons

We did have difficulty with our bank feed and are working that out but support was again very helpful with set up and we should have the correct feed done quite quickly. Sam wants the ability to match receipts and credit card feed to make his life easier and eliminate one more job for our very busy Comptroller.

Andres
  • Industry: Import & Export

Excellent tool

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

excellent,

excellent,

Pros

easy use, integration with other apps, integration with uber and zoho

Cons

nothing, i think that is a good tool in the business

integration, easy use

Response from Zoho

Hi Andres,

Thank you for reviewing Zoho Expense.

We're so glad to hear that you find the application excellent and easy to use. Kindly reach out to support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com if you have any further feedback or queries.

Anuj

Life saver, I wish I had started using it earlier !!!

Reviewed on 2018/02/19

Pros

Super convenient... I setup my company and employees once and now it is very easy to record expenses and payments. It required minimal training and all employees were able to use it within no time. Invoice auto scanning feature works like a charm for standard bills like utilities etc. and saves lot of time.

One extremely helpful feature is auto identification of duplicate invoices which you by mistake upload. It helps in catching silly issues which could have become serious if overlooked.

Look and feel and UI/UX is so great that I have asked my development lead to use it as benchmark for our product :) Hope Zoho team wont mind this ...

Cons

Only problem I have faced so far is with the Advance Management. Somehow, I was not able to adjust advance paid to an employee with his expenses. This looks to be a simple feature. Hope team could implement this in future.

Secondly, not related to Zoho expense but I wonder why Zoho people does not have full blown salary module into it. It put me into lot of trouble of identifying another vendor for this and now I am forced to use that to main employee salary accounts. If possible, please pass this message to the relevant team. Zoho people is a very important module and it should be tightly integrated with Zoho expense. But some how I found Zoho people recommending other 3rd party software for salary management. Why not integrate that feature in Zoho expense itself and make it more useful for overall accounts management.

Stella

Expert Expenses Tracker

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

We had a lot of recording issues, tracking payments and expenses of the school including various remittances of students.

Pros

It is very easy to use even for novice and beginners. It categorizes all expenses into headings. It allows for Bank account to be linked and downloaded into the software. All expenses are downloaded and it is user-friendly. The navigation is perfect and easy to use. Chart of Account is well detailed. Account reconciliation makes accounting and bookkeeping accelerated. There is no delay in generating reports and tracking expenses based on budget.

Cons

I have not had any issue using this software and it has served the accounting department so well and it handles all discrepancies.

Logan
  • Industry: Legal Services

So good that I purchased a family subscription.

Reviewed on 2022/05/21

This software has helped so much for work that I contacted Zoho to see if I could get a separate personal account. They said that it was no problem and now I can easily switch between work and personal expenses. This has made personal accounting SOOOOO much easier and there are fewer receipts laying around my house. Wonderful product, and fantastic customer support.

Pros

I love the ease in which I can take receipts and get them uploaded into a receipt management system. This has saved me HOURS of time working on my monthly expense reports and has saved me an enormous amount of money. One of our engineers was able to integrate Zoho with our project management software (Clio) so that the submitted expense reports immediately get uploaded to the appropriate project for billing.

Cons

There does not seem to be a way to set/edit the date span on a report once it has been set up. I have several "overdue" reports that need to be submitted because I created them a month in advance and the system thinks that it is now past due. Easy for the Zoho team to fix, if I get around to reporting the bug.

Shakeel
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good Value for Money

Reviewed on 2020/10/04

We needed to move to a better expense management software (previously using googleforms) which would allow a clear audit trail of approval + direct integration into Quickbooks. Zoho Expense has solved this issue for us very well - and for an affordable price.

Pros

Fairly straight forward to deploy - team needed a bit of training but picked it up quickly. Best feature is that staff can see balances owed. From an finance manager perspective, the integration with Quickbooks is excellent.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve and the concept of reports is a bit unclear for junior staff. Occasionally the app stops working.

Price + value for money

Response from Zoho

Hi Shakeel,

Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense.

We're glad to hear that the software has helped solve your expense reporting problems. We understand the learning curve involved and have prepared training guides and videos that you can share with users to help them get started. Kindly write to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com so we can assist you further with this.

Margaret
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

You Really Messed Up Rolling Out The New Platform

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

It was great in the past. Now I can't even sync my expenses to QB Desktop like before. If you're going to offer the old version as well, then restore it to how it was originally. I am looking into a more user-friendly platform.

Pros

Nothing at the moment...still struggling to find what I need

Cons

The most recent upgrade has disrupted our interaction with this app. I haven't been able to locate all the features from the previous version and the previous version has also been changed and nothing is where it used to be. Working from home is challenging enough...I didn't need something else to re-learn. This was bad timing for the rollout of a redesigned website. The default information on the dashboard is annoying and you can't customize it. Bad, bad timing...this is a big FAIL. You really should get a group of your current customers to test drive new platforms in the future before rolling them out.

Response from Zoho

Hi Margeret,

Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and share your feedback.

I could see that you had reached out to our support team who assisted you with your queries and hope everything is running smoothly now. We have also shared your feedback with our team who will analyse the feasibility of making the suggested changes, and will keep you udpated on the same.

Kindly write back to us if you have any further queries or if you require any further assistance with the application.