Gainsight Reviews

Gainsight

Analytics for customer success

4.3/5 (23 reviews)

Powerful CRM insights, analysis and automation tool for account management operations

Reviewed on 2/21/2018

Gainsight has helped automate practically every step and touchpoint in our Client LifeCycle and Maturity model. Client Success can now focus exclusively on building strong relationships instead of busy work entering data into our CRM!

Pros

Gainsight offers world-class support, training and guidance on their incredibly flexible and robust platform. The feature set is impressive and the ability to set up a whole account lifecycle for automation is super powerful.

Cons

Gainsight is expensive and the learning curve is steep. Adopters should consider staffing specifically for GS administration and engagement internally.

Robust tool, but need clear deployment plan

Reviewed on 10/4/2016

Gainsight has been key in getting all our customer data from Salesforce into a single view for our Customer Success team to use. Deploying really required a clear project scope, with insight in how you plan to you utilize the various aspects. You can't just assume you can build rough Call to Actions (CTAs) and the program will pay for itself. You really need to think about what you want for an outcome. For example, tracking healthscore is a great feature, but if you don' t internally have a clear understanding of how you are driving health, the scoring won't be useful. The customer success team is outstanding and will stand by you until you have a successful deployment. The ability to bring in data into an MDA table is key for those processes that don't quite fit into the out of the box program.

Pros

At my prior employer we used Gainsight for our CRM.

Reviewed on 6/5/2018

Great for customer management, as well as daily/monthly task management!

Pros

I loved the ease of the product in managing tasks. It gave the option to snooze tasks to show that you've at least made an attempt prior to closing it out. Also, the fact that the product can integrate with Salesforce is great! It makes logging call activity for all of the company to see SO easy.

Cons

I didn't really have any cons in regards to the Software. I believe it's one of the products out there that you pay for what you get - it's by far the best CRM that I've used, thus far.

Great Application to Keep Track of Customer Health

Reviewed on 4/24/2018
Review Source

Pros

- Easy collaboration across multiple teams in an organization to keep track of a client
- Helpful CTAs to ensure you are staying on top of an account
- Can assign tasks to other members of your organization

Cons

- Steep learning curve
- Very out-of-the-box implementation, not a lot that the administrator can customize
- Sometimes the web application can be laggy

Insight into success

Reviewed on 12/28/2018

Pros

Gainsight is extremely easy to use, integrates with Salesforce, and gets me the the info I need to do my job as a customer success manager.

Cons

It took me some time to find the right way to use the software, but now that I have a system down I have no complaints.

Very robust client success tool

Reviewed on 2/26/2018

Pros

Gainsight can help you manage just about everything around client account management. It can help you track events, send you or clients notifications, monitor health scores, trigger various actions, provide dashboards, etc. There is functionality for anything you can think of and the integration with SFDC is key. The company also showcases a lot of thought leadership and shares some very helpful assets and articles.

Cons

Because its so robust, it takes a while to begin utilizing everything it can do. The learning curve is a challenge but the platform is fairly intuitive, so you can work through it.

Best Client Relations Software Around

Reviewed on 1/10/2019

Overall it is a positivive experience once you get over the learning curve. optimized for my day to day work and easy to use.

Pros

Easy way to track your clients activities and leave key notes on them. Great dashboard use and overall just a fantastic optimization of sales force for Relationship Managers and there book of business.

Cons

Sometimes can be buggy and the screen optimization needs to be fixed.

Very difficult implementation

Reviewed on 12/8/2016

You will not get any value out of this product unless you map out very thoroughly all of your processes, the factors that make an account poor or healthy and you have a dedicated resource to configure the system - it is by no means a plug n play tool, and you need to know what your goals are from the beginning.

Unfortunately, our implementation has been very difficult, and I have heard the same from other companies as well. The system is very tricky and requires the support of an implementation project manager in order to get most things completed.

Their support team is very good, and now that I know the system pretty well I am adept at making configuration changes quickly.

Pros

ability to sync BI data and use it in Gainsight functionality; Account Scoring functionality, good for customer success teams where CSMs manage a lot of accounts

Cons

difficult to configure without support, buggy,

4.0/10

Easy to use showing valuable customer metrics

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/6/2016

This is great software if you know what types of actions you want to take against the data and know how you should measure customer health. We've run into scenarios where internal users disagree about the calculation of customer health so I recommend getting agreement from executives who will support the overall ranking/rating prior to implementation. I love everyone I've met from Gainsight and look forward to upcoming enhancements!

Pros

Easy to use, nice UI

Cons

Wish it allowed more data functionality. We use IOD (Informatica) for almost everything to get to the lists/data we want.

7.0/10

Can be tricky to navigate but overall very helpful

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

Pros

The reports you are able to generate have been especially helpful. Also have one platform that houses various types of data

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to navigate around or has excess steps to find something in the software

Made my life as a CSM way easier

Reviewed on 7/24/2018

Pros

Easy to use and adopt. Lots of functionality. Nice UI and UX. Good integration with Salesforce. We did in house training for 3 days and we are able to log in and start using. really consolidated all of our spreadsheets.

Cons

Almost too much functionality. Not too many cons. The key will be limiting the learning curve so we aren't overwhelmed with too many features at once.

Jury is still out if it is worth the cost

Reviewed on 2/3/2019

Pros

Gainsight is an excellent tool for your CSM teams. It automates a lot of the procedures and processes that would otherwise be lengthy and manual. They also have their onboarding dialed in and know how to get you up and running for success.

Cons

Gainsight is only as valuable as the data you get into Gainsight. So if you have data issues, this platform might not provide you with the most value. We utilize Gainsight with Pendo Analytics and Salesforce (Pendo collects user engagement and pushes to Salesforce, which is then collected by Gainsight). So before you jump onboard with Gainsight, make sure you have sufficient data feeds for your new (somewhat expensive) tool.

They have helped our customer service!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/4/2018

Pros

Gainsight has helped our customer service and reduce cancels.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this software.

Customer Success Software

Reviewed on 4/2/2018

Pros

I like that you can plug in usage from your software to see at a quick glance who is adopting your platform.

Cons

It seems a little clunky, I wish the UI was easier to use. There is probably more functionality that I am not aware of.

7.0/10

Customizable but difficult to deploy

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/7/2017
Review Source

Pros

Gainsight is very customizable, and the team at Gainsight was helpful in the rollout, particularly once we voiced our concerns that we were going to be unable to implement due to our Salesforce setup.

Cons

I will echo what others have said about Gainsight - it was a very difficult deployment. Nothing we implemented was an easy, out-of-the-box deployment. Overall, it took us nearly two years to complete deployment and we still do not use all the features.

Rating only

Reviewed on 4/10/2018

1.0/10

We are definitely future users of this amazing Hub for everything Customer Success! Great look!

Reviewed on 4/10/2018

Pros

To the point data with one click! Everything other platforms can only dream of doing under one roof!

Cons

Sorry, I can't really come up with anything for this question. Everything is in the right place and connectivity to Salesforce if off the charts!

Great product

Reviewed on 12/8/2018

Pros

I love how you can easily log calls in Gainsight. It's nice that you can tag people and events. It's also nice that it auto saves.

Cons

We integrate ours with Salesforce, and sometimes it's difficult to navigate between the two products.

Great to help account managers stay on top of things

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 10/3/2018

Pros

Information presented in an appealing fashion, working on top of what you already have in salesforce

Cons

Permissions can be a little tricky, and often the jankyness of salesforce can shine through what this software does.

great cs tool

Reviewed on 10/5/2016

great cs tool. I love that i can see a customer score card and predict churn. I would recommend them to anyone.

Gainsight review

Reviewed on 10/6/2016

overall gainsight helps our CS org automate follow up and stay on task to maintain the customer relationship

THE Customer Success Software

Reviewed on 8/21/2018

Have really enjoyed my experience thus far. Always responsive team

Pros

It changed the way we manage our customer relationships post-close

Cons

Took some getting used to to implement into the workflows

Good Software for Support!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 10/6/2016

We use Gainsight to support our customers. Specifically we are a cloud based subscription company and we are able to understand our customers better along with their ACV's and how well they are doing.

Pros

easy and simple and quick

Cons

Not sure the application.

6.0/10