Showing 46 reviews of 33

Showing 46 reviews of 33
Chad H.

The product delivers

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

I was pleased overall with the product and the service. I feel the product continues to evolve to serve the needs of CS management, the CSMs and other functions in the organization such as Sales.

Pros

I had recently rolled out Gainsight at our organization. The tool is extremely powerful and allowed us to take advantage of our unique data model to achieve business outcomes. This included getting more visibility into the health of our customers and the ability to send targetted emails with dynamic data to our customers.

Cons

The recorded training was very long and painful. This needs to be improved.
There are some strange glitches and lack of user alerts that can be very annoying. The good news is that the Support and CSM team are extremely helpful.

Misty G.

Robust tool, but need clear deployment plan

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

Gainsight has been key in getting all our customer data from Salesforce into a single view for our Customer Success team to use. Deploying really required a clear project scope, with insight in how you plan to you utilize the various aspects. You can't just assume you can build rough Call to Actions (CTAs) and the program will pay for itself. You really need to think about what you want for an outcome. For example, tracking healthscore is a great feature, but if you don' t internally have a clear understanding of how you are driving health, the scoring won't be useful. The customer success team is outstanding and will stand by you until you have a successful deployment. The ability to bring in data into an MDA table is key for those processes that don't quite fit into the out of the box program.

M G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use showing valuable customer metrics

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

This is great software if you know what types of actions you want to take against the data and know how you should measure customer health. We've run into scenarios where internal users disagree about the calculation of customer health so I recommend getting agreement from executives who will support the overall ranking/rating prior to implementation. I love everyone I've met from Gainsight and look forward to upcoming enhancements!

Pros

Easy to use, nice UI

Cons

Wish it allowed more data functionality. We use IOD (Informatica) for almost everything to get to the lists/data we want.

Megan M.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Wonderful system for customer management!

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Overall, using Gainsight has changed the way I work as an account manager. Before, I was using spreadsheets and other documents to track everything for my customer which was inefficient and cumbersome. Now, I'm able to set a plan for my customer upfront and use playbooks to follow and ensure the best experience possible for them! I will never go back to managing customers without it!

Pros

I really like using Gainsight to keep all of my customer information in one place. Daily, I use the tasks in my cockpit and success plans to keep me on task with my customer deliverables. The timeline allows me to have all of my notes, emails, and calls logged in one place. There are so many options to configure your customers C360, the options are almost endless.

Cons

I rarely have issues with using Gainsight, it really has changed the way I approach customer account management. I will say that there are times I have an issue with linking customer LinkedIn profiles, and I would love to see a more robust way to track customer org. charts. Otherwise, it's a wonderful tool!

Powerful CRM insights, analysis and automation tool for account management operations

Reviewed on 2018/02/21

Gainsight has helped automate practically every step and touchpoint in our Client LifeCycle and Maturity model. Client Success can now focus exclusively on building strong relationships instead of busy work entering data into our CRM!

Pros

Gainsight offers world-class support, training and guidance on their incredibly flexible and robust platform. The feature set is impressive and the ability to set up a whole account lifecycle for automation is super powerful.

Cons

Gainsight is expensive and the learning curve is steep. Adopters should consider staffing specifically for GS administration and engagement internally.

• Industry: Online Media
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Insight into success

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Pros

Gainsight is extremely easy to use, integrates with Salesforce, and gets me the the info I need to do my job as a customer success manager.

Cons

It took me some time to find the right way to use the software, but now that I have a system down I have no complaints.

Jury is still out if it is worth the cost

Reviewed on 2019/02/03

Pros

Gainsight is an excellent tool for your CSM teams. It automates a lot of the procedures and processes that would otherwise be lengthy and manual. They also have their onboarding dialed in and know how to get you up and running for success.

Cons

Gainsight is only as valuable as the data you get into Gainsight. So if you have data issues, this platform might not provide you with the most value. We utilize Gainsight with Pendo Analytics and Salesforce (Pendo collects user engagement and pushes to Salesforce, which is then collected by Gainsight). So before you jump onboard with Gainsight, make sure you have sufficient data feeds for your new (somewhat expensive) tool.

Marvin N.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

They have helped our customer service!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Gainsight has helped our customer service and reduce cancels.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this software.

Mikael B.

We are definitely future users of this amazing Hub for everything Customer Success! Great look!

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

To the point data with one click! Everything other platforms can only dream of doing under one roof!

Cons

Sorry, I can't really come up with anything for this question. Everything is in the right place and connectivity to Salesforce if off the charts!

Eleanor (nora) G.

Great product

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

Pros

I love how you can easily log calls in Gainsight. It's nice that you can tag people and events. It's also nice that it auto saves.

Cons

We integrate ours with Salesforce, and sometimes it's difficult to navigate between the two products.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Best-in-class customer success management platform

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Positive. They really care about customer success.

Pros

Gainsight has been a leader in the CS space for a long time. They number of possibilities and integrations are endless. The team is knowledgable and they offer so many free resources for people starting out in customer success.

Cons

Like all CS platforms, you need to have the technical people and time commitment to onboarding. If your implementation is complex, you may consider a 3rd party.

Jason R.
  • Industry: Veterinary
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Powerful Customer Success Tool To Enable Deeper Engagement....

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

We're level-setting the effectiveness of our reps, and making their action lead to direct impacts to customer success.

Pros

The fact that the software takes the guess work out of "who should I call next" is amazing. And better yet, I can model the best practices of my most effective reps to bring all reps up to that level is amazing. No more trying to figure out what rep x did to make the customer jump 20% in revenue. I can track it.

Cons

Not a bad thing, but because it does so much, you have to talk a crawl, walk, run approach. You can't do everything out the gate because it's just too much. So you're forced to pick and choose your battles.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great Application to Keep Track of Customer Health

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

- Easy collaboration across multiple teams in an organization to keep track of a client
- Helpful CTAs to ensure you are staying on top of an account
- Can assign tasks to other members of your organization

Cons

- Steep learning curve
- Very out-of-the-box implementation, not a lot that the administrator can customize
- Sometimes the web application can be laggy

Michael F.
  • Industry: Information Services

Best Client Relations Software Around

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Overall it is a positivive experience once you get over the learning curve. optimized for my day to day work and easy to use.

Pros

Easy way to track your clients activities and leave key notes on them. Great dashboard use and overall just a fantastic optimization of sales force for Relationship Managers and there book of business.

Cons

Sometimes can be buggy and the screen optimization needs to be fixed.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Customizable but difficult to deploy

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Pros

Gainsight is very customizable, and the team at Gainsight was helpful in the rollout, particularly once we voiced our concerns that we were going to be unable to implement due to our Salesforce setup.

Cons

I will echo what others have said about Gainsight - it was a very difficult deployment. Nothing we implemented was an easy, out-of-the-box deployment. Overall, it took us nearly two years to complete deployment and we still do not use all the features.

Rachel C.

Customer Success Software

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

I like that you can plug in usage from your software to see at a quick glance who is adopting your platform.

Cons

It seems a little clunky, I wish the UI was easier to use. There is probably more functionality that I am not aware of.

Great to help account managers stay on top of things

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Pros

Information presented in an appealing fashion, working on top of what you already have in salesforce

Cons

Permissions can be a little tricky, and often the jankyness of salesforce can shine through what this software does.

Emily D.

Gainsight review

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

overall gainsight helps our CS org automate follow up and stay on task to maintain the customer relationship

Angela M.

Very difficult implementation

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

You will not get any value out of this product unless you map out very thoroughly all of your processes, the factors that make an account poor or healthy and you have a dedicated resource to configure the system - it is by no means a plug n play tool, and you need to know what your goals are from the beginning.

Unfortunately, our implementation has been very difficult, and I have heard the same from other companies as well. The system is very tricky and requires the support of an implementation project manager in order to get most things completed.

Their support team is very good, and now that I know the system pretty well I am adept at making configuration changes quickly.

Pros

ability to sync BI data and use it in Gainsight functionality; Account Scoring functionality, good for customer success teams where CSMs manage a lot of accounts

Cons

difficult to configure without support, buggy,

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Essential for my role

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Overall, I'm satisfied with the tool. It's a required piece to the organization of my role.

Pros

I really like how this software helps me to manage my portfolio, goals for each account and track to completion.

Cons

At times, it can be complex and not as user friendly. There is so much this tool can do but the report aspect isn't as intuitive as I'd like.

• Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

THE Customer Success Software

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Have really enjoyed my experience thus far. Always responsive team

Pros

It changed the way we manage our customer relationships post-close

Cons

Took some getting used to to implement into the workflows