Planday

Employee scheduling, time tracking & absence management

Ellie J.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Using planday

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Really great experience easy to use app and it’s handy to have the desktop version too

Pros

Really easy to use, great layout so it’s very clear for staff members to use. The swap shift feature is a great addition.

Cons

the only downside to this app is that some features can only be done on the desk top website such as requesting holidays

Faical B.

Easy Build Employee Schedule

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

Honestly, Planday gets the job done.

Pros

I can manage empoyees from different departments in one view.

Cons

Making reports and printing schedueles should be more intuitive.

Tj S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Basic online scheduling app

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

Cheaper than most, easy to use, mobile app available for staff and management. User friendly, not many complaints from staff

Cons

Limited on mobile app, set up fees are costly. Basic plan isn't bad, but choose your plan wisely. Needs work on reporting

Heather S.

Research Reveals Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2015/11/10

I signed up for a free trial of Planday for research purposes. I have a long history of working with enterprise resource planning and HR information systems. I've had an academic interest in cloud-based, mobile tools for some time. Planday has created a unique product in that space by fostering collaboration and I wanted a hands-on experience.

This was the first time I had an immediate check-in from a live person. If this is indicative of the typical customer experience, Planday is far ahead of SAP, Oracle, Workday, and other employee scheduling and workforce planning tools. Daniel Cline contacted me shortly after I signed up to see how he could help me make the most out of the tool. As a technology professional who has overseen many product procurement efforts, this level of customer service is a rare find.

Keep up the great work!

Phillip O.

Best experience and customer service by far

Reviewed on 2015/11/19

Cody has been my main contact but his support and development team has also been really friendly and come to our aid whenever we needed them. The main features that brought us over was the easy to use layouts and the fact that this product allows you to see who you can plug in for any of those last minute call-offs. The OT controls and restrictions definitely have saved us probably 4-5 times the cost of this product making it a money maker.

The back end Admin settings allows you so much control I can assign off time schedulers who are restricted to only that role and I don't have to worry about them having access to confidential employee or client info like in other scheduling software. I would say they have alot of features that beat out the competition hands down.

Martyn H.
  • Industry: Events Services

So Long to the group email

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Pros

Easy. Great for young people with the ease of the app

Cons

Glitchy , needs to add more features to the app

Response from Planday

Thanks Martyn! Happy to hear you're enjoying the Planday app! We have a lot of new features in the works so watch this space! Great to have you on board ¿

Sonya W.

I'm not sure how we managed before Planday

Reviewed on 2016/03/10

At first I was reluctant to pay for a system that I used to just do for free on excel. But the amount of time and effort saved with Planday more than makes up for the small cost involved in subscribing. Now something that used to take me days now only takes me a matter of minutes. I can drag and drop my schedule, then copy it instead of entering it by hand every week. This means I can focus on my business more and my staff get their schedules faster - it's really a win-win situation all around. I can't imagine how we coped before Planday, to be honest.

Elizabeth S.

Not The Right Scheduling Software For Us!

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

I spent several hours setting everything up with the software, but then was not able to use it. 3 years later I still get phone calls trying to help me setup the software, even though I have let customer service know that I am not using it!

Pros

This scheduling software was fairly simple to initially setup for my staff to use. I found that initially it seemed like a good value.

Cons

This software did not work well for our needs. Our staff often works together and overlaps what they do in the store. This made the software very difficult to use. I found that it was also difficult for staff to request time off.

Cindy F.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 2015/05/27

We use Planday at my work. We have about 100 volunteers taking shifts almost any time of the day and week. So with planday we can easy see who is at work when.

Pros

The app is great and Planday keeps working on it. I have used it for almost two years and it is really useful now.

Cons

Contacts in the app is not working. But that is about all I can think of.

Rasmus F.

We're very happy about it!

Reviewed on 2015/03/11

Planday really is an all-in-one online scheduling system. And it's an HR system representing many different aspects of our business. We're very happy about it!

Response from Planday

Thank you so much Rasmus! We are happy to have you on board!

Lonnie lykke S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

From Nokia to iPhone

Reviewed on 2015/05/22

We're a large (25+ personal) dental clinic placed in the center of Copenhagen, Denmark.
We strive to work as productive and efficient as possible, with quality and costumer service as our key words.
As a manager I used to spend several hours a week, both at work and outside work, doing schedules using exel, to make sure every shift was covered.
Usually I would spend my Easter puzzling the schedule for the upcoming summer holiday, ringing and texting assistants to sort out who I could fit in where there was a gap.
Those days are over, and even though we've used Planday for more than a year now, both my assistants, my boss and I'm still pleasantly surprised by how easy Planday is to use.
I would recommend Planday to any business with hourly scheduled staff.
Planday is like when I got my first iPhone!

Pros

I must admit I was a little suspicious at first, starting something new, but that changed quickly.
The introduction we got, the service and help was (is!) worth 5 stars.
Planday is very easy to use, very userfriendly.
The ability to customize everything is great.
Easy to navigate around.

Cons

I've been thinking about this for a long time now and I simply can't find any cons.

Response from Planday

It is very much appreciated that you took the time to write us such a great feedback. We are happy that you are satisfied with the system and the help that you have received during your introduction and in the time after.

Hannah R.

Making life simpler

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

We have been using Planday for just over a month now and I am amazed at how much easier it has made my life. Writing schedules has always been a nightmare and with Planday, it simplifies that task and allows our employees to request what shifts they want. It is very user-friendly and has a nice app for phones and tablets. The only downside is that we have had issues with the app working on one employee's Android phone not being able to log in. However, several others with the same phone have had no issues. We would also like to use the time clock feature but are waiting for the update that will allow employees to clock out for a lunch break. Customer support has been helpful and we have enjoyed our experience so far with Planday.

Response from Planday

Dear Hannah,

Thanks so much for your review - it's always great to hear from our happy customers!

Regarding your employee who can't log in to the app on their Android - this can sometimes happen if they don't have the latest version of the app downloaded.

Feel free to contact our Support team ([email protected]) for assistance!

Thanks again for using Planday!

Eunice N.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Saves me a full days work

Reviewed on 2015/05/27

Payday use to be a full day adventure, trying to keep track of 30 employees in an Excel sheet, calculating their supplements according to the time of work and subtracting any personnel goods. After switching to Planday payday now takes roughly an hour, and that’s only because I double check everything to be sure. I still can’t believe it’s that easy, but it is.

Pros

I like that it is so easy for our employees to put a shift up for sale/trade, and we no longer have to note down who switched with who. However, we still have the security of having to confirm the switch before it’s activated. My favorite part though, is the compatibility with our pay system. It saves me hours

Cons

In the process of confirming a switch between to employees, you can’t see whether the new employee has a shift before or after the switch, as you can when you assign a shift. Normally the system will mark them as red, because they are already scheduled to work that day. This doesn’t happen with switches, which can cause double shifts for a person.

Response from Planday

Thank you for your feedback. I will send you an email as an answer to the cons, since it should not be possible to swap a shift, if you are already in the schedule that day.

Melissa J.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

LoveLoveLove PlanDay!

Reviewed on 2016/08/16

PlanDay was the best decision we made this year. Easy, fast and user friendly for both management and employees!

Pros

We'd been looking for an online scheduling tool for the last few years, but all of them provided only information from the employee's point of view. PlanDay was the first (only?) to provide the ability for us to toggle back and forth from the employee view to the management, or "position view". Moreover, the customer service is beyond compare. What an incredible tool PlanDay has been for us!

Cons

We have 2 requests:

1) We would love to have the capacity to block employees in advance from being scheduled on future shifts. For example, if an employee wants to attend their family reunion in October, we'd love to have the capacity to block those shifts NOW to prevent them from being accidentally scheduled in October. While the employee has this capacity, we would prefer to have it as well.

2) Similarly, since students comprise at least 50% of our staff, we would love, as managers of PlanDay, for US to have the capacity to block out certain portions of certain days for our staff who are students taking classes in school. Again, this would prohibit them from being accidentally scheduled while they're in class. Again, while employees have this capacity, we would prefer to have it as well.

Response from Planday

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your review! Always wonderful to hear from our happy customers.

Regarding your requests, there is actually a way to do this within the system. Your Activation Consultant will be reaching out to you shortly to help you set this up.

Also, have you heard about our Ambassador Program, where you can earn money for recommending Planday? You can learn more about the program here: http://planday.com/ambassador

Thanks again!

Alexander K.

The smartest and best employee scheduling app, with punch-clock

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Saving a lot of time

Pros

Super-easy to use and roll out new schedules for the employees and plan vacations. Also allowing punch-clock to be limited to the workplaces Wifi or location to punch in. Easy for employees to switch time-scheludes.

Cons

Hope that in the future, that the schedules can be integrated to my iCal Calendar and to our web-based cashierapp, Front Systems

Response from Planday

Thank you for the great review, Alexander!! Happy to hear we've made scheduling and punching in easier for MODO AS.

Regarding the iCal integration, we're currently beta testing this feature and hope to roll it out shortly.

Thanks again - it's great to have you on board :)

Mindy A.

Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed on 2016/10/17

Randy in Customer Support has been fantastic. I encountered a problem with my account and he called me back within minutes and was able to help me resolve the issue. He is polite, patient and professional. I highly recommend Planday for staff scheduling needs.

Pros

I like the flexibility and customization features.

Cons

Some of the features don't fit with the Education model and we don't need any of the payroll data fields.

Response from Planday

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for your review! It's always wonderful to hear from our happy customers.

I believe Randy has already been in touch with you regarding your requests.

Thanks for using Planday!

Alexander B.
  • Industry: Sports

famtastic application for all

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

overall our experiance with planday has been positive and has proven much better that anyu program we tried previous

Pros

staff resouce planning, payroll, break allocation and messaging.

Cons

cross platfor use between app and computer version not always great

Kazim L.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Makes scheduling staff easy

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Pros

Drag and drop functionality. Nice, clean, fresh layout. It's also good that staff can swap shifts between themselves, giving them more flexibility and without putting a greater admin burden on managers. They listen to users and constantly improve the product. The in app weather forecast visibility makes it much easier to forecast footfall and schedule.

Cons

Could do with a few more reporting options and although it has a lot of useful integrations, it could benefit from having an integration with a Human Resources management app perhaps.

Jesse C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

PlanDay = Free day

Reviewed on 2016/10/12

Plan day has allowed me to reduce the time it takes me to create a two week schedule by 2/3rds. It also has reduced the amount of managing the schedule on my end and placed it on the staff.

Pros

Saves time, reduces the time need to manage every shift change, vacation requests, and open shift. Makes Staff responsible for their own schedule management. The Punch Clock has also been great to manage when the staff clocks in and out. The BEST support ever!

Cons

While working on a schedule the staff can see it in real time and can cause confusion until it is complete. I did submit a request to PLANDAY to have an area to work on the schedule in private then publish it to the staff.

Marc D.

Planday Review

Reviewed on 2016/07/22

Planday was one of the most useful tools i have come across for organizing shifts and punch clock information

Tim M.
  • Industry: Sports

Brilliant

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

Pros

Simple easy to use, all the staff love the app

Cons

Occasionally Glitchy, due to updates and software

Marta B.
  • Industry: Wholesale

I can't say enough about how much I dislike this product. There are constant issues and...

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

The scheduling module works pretty well

Pros

The scheduling feature is easy to use and works pretty well. The templates make it easy to duplicate schedules that are used often.

Cons

The way it calculates union time premiums, the numerous glitches that happen frequently, the daily reports that don't show weekly overtime until the last day of the week, they can't get me in the right time zone so the next day shows up as today after 3pm

Breanna B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Planday

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

Planday helps breakdown my hectic schedule, and updates me the minute there is a schedule change.

Pros

I like having an app on my phone that has my work schedule and the ability to clock in and out on my phone.

Cons

I don't like that there is google tracking on it everywhere I go. I also wish the layout was a bit more user friendly.

Casey D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

This App is Great!

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Pros

The mobile app is so nice to use as an employee compared to the others I have tried. The others are always built for a manager.

Cons

I don't like that my shift request has to be approved by my manager. If I want the shift and I take it first, It should be mine.

Jennifer H.

Amazing, through and through!

Reviewed on 2016/06/07

I want to give Daniel C a big thank you for really going above and beyond with his customer service. His demo was exact and to the point. He really listened to what i needed, and made sure that he gave a thorough explanation as to why Planday was the perfect software for the job. The software itself is very user friendly, easy to navigate, and appealing to the eyes. With so many choices out there, you want to make sure you go with something that you will enjoy using.
Thank you so much for everything.