Workato Reviews

Blake H.

Great Product If You Know What You're Doing

Reviewed on 2017/03/07
Review Source

As a consultant, I use Workato both in my own business and in multiple clients' accounts. I began using Workato because QuickBase promoted them as the preferred integrator when Intuit announced the sale of QuickBase. While they have a large number of pre-built connectors as well as the ability to setup HTTP calls, the process of building Recipes has an extreme learning curve, especially coming from a service like ItDuzzit. Additionally, the team often releases new or beta connectors without first having any supporting documentation, other than the connector's marketing page. Overall, they have a good product, but they seriously need to review their release process and the setup of their support portal.

Pros

Lots of pre-built connectors. Chat agents are generally very quick to respond.

Cons

Extreme learning curve - especially difficult if a user does not have any programming background.
Support documentation is often lacking - especially for new connectors. When documentation is provided, the content is often very thin and is typically mostly text, with few reference images.
Support portal provides no way to go back to your Recipe interface.
Support Tickets can sometimes take 2 - 3 days for a response.
Support Tickets have an internal "Priority", but no way for users to identify their own level of Urgency. From what I can tell, ALL tickets are given an initial Priority of "Low".
Pricing / Plans lack any real sense of transparency. While the main pages tell users that Integrations are divided up into "Base" and "Professional" apps, you have to search through the Support Portal documents in order to find any comprehensive list of "Base" and "Professional" and there is no document that does a side-by-side comparison of the various Plans. And, if you look at the QuickBase plans, the apps are referred to as "Tier 1" and "Tier 2" vs "Base" or "Professional".
Recipe logs only show information related to the last row of data processed.
No way to see a "schedule" of active Recipe's.

7.0/10
Brad E.

An essential part of any business' systems

Reviewed on 2017/01/03
Review Source

My company is a contracting business in the energy efficiency industry with 20+ employees and $2-3M in annual revenue. Workato has transformed how our business operates by enabling us to automate what once was time-consuming, error-prone manual processes. Using the automation of Workato recipes has enabled us to save money by getting more production out of the staff we have and prevented us from having to hire new employees or contractors as the company has grown. Those costs savings have greatly exceeded the cost of Workato.

Pros

The feature set and robustness of Workato is second to none. The breadth of customization that Workato allows in such a simple UI is truly remarkable and let's business operators without coding experience create complex integrations that would have cost us tens of thousands of dollars in custom development work. Workato blows other out-of-the-box integrations out of the water.

Cons

Getting our Workato recipes running with the level of detail and granularity of our business processes required a steep learning curve. The basics of the software are easy to learn, but learning how to use formulas and other more complex features required a good amount of trial and error. When errors occur withing recipes, debugging them can be challenging, particularly given that errors are most often returned by the API of one of the software that Workato is connected to rather than Workato itself.

Andy M.

Reliable DIY Integration We Trust

Reviewed on 2018/09/24
Review Source

Pros

We are in the construction contracting business with 100 employees. Our primary use case was to have Workato keep our Salesforce and Quickbooks Online CRM data in sync and eliminate time-consuming manual updates. After a 1 month trial and some minor recipe tweaking, we found that Workato simply outperformed all of the other integration solutions we tested in terms of reliability and real "hands free" automation. The community has a wealth of pre-made recipes available that you can customize to suit your needs. Everything from the use of data pills, to the documentation is very intuitive and user friendly. The customer support team has been extremely helpful and responsive to anything that has come up. Our account rep Bala went above and beyond to get our first recipes running. We now plan to expand our use of Workato to help automate other crusty business procedures. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for DIY integration that delivers true automation without needing to be a developer.

Cons

When evaluating whether Workato is the right product for you, I suggest taking a close look at the available triggers etc. for the specific integration you're seeking. What Workato can manipulate, it does so accurately and reliably. However the only limitations we've encountered are with what is actually exposed by the target software's API (Quickbooks Online etc). It also took some legwork to ensure that other automatic background processes aren't triggering Workato constantly and blowing through the transaction cap.

The tool I was looking for!

Reviewed on 2017/08/31
Review Source

Pros

I'm a huge google fan but sometimes not everything was linked with other programs.
Workato came to my rescue!
Now almost seemlessly everything is synchronized. I no longer need to manually update several databases.
Price is awesome for us non-profit.
I shared with them some improvements, and there was some adjustments at the beginning but overall it is totally worth it!

Cons

Some tips could be shared when creating a specific recipe. for example; don't share your google sheet with too many people or the recipe won't work. Or Don't delete a line or the recipe will not work for the next registration,...

Jeff C.

Incredibly powerful Integrator

Reviewed on 2018/07/01
Review Source

Pros

Super robust. Workato was able to replace other less fully featured integrators when it became necessary as our business grew. Nearly anything is possible if you know what you're doing!

Cons

Steep learning curve to understand how the integrations work. Basic stuff is simple, but gets complicated quickly if you need super customized robust integrations.

Peter R.

Easy Integration

Reviewed on 2016/10/31
Review Source

Powerful platform that enables integration with 3rd party services. I've used workato to parse large results too tedious to handle manually (e.g., 600+ records), as well as to interface with 3rd party services such as Onedrive.

Pros

-Intuitive development of recipes
-Great support (the customer success team has been very helpful)
-Easy to initiate help requests through the chat window

Cons

-Would be nice to have more API support built out for 3rd party applications (e.g., ability to create new directors in Onedrive)
-Learning curve was initially steep, especially when trying to use HTTP Get/Post with 3rd party APIs
-Lacks existing recipe examples that demonstrate the use cases I was trying to build out

Russell H.

Great Support Team and Product!

Reviewed on 2018/10/04
Review Source

Pros

We were looking for an integration solution and Workato was great to work with during the process. I was given a free trial and a support person to work with as I tried out the product. I only felt support in my decsion making process and never any pressure to purchase. This sales strategy worked great for me! The recipe building process is very easy to learn without much "developing" experience. The "expert hour" webinars are invaluable to work out the details. Once I decided to go with Workato, I was assigned an expert to work with me to get set-up. The same person worked with me and was invaluable in helping me get going! Now it just runs in the background and everything is integrated, MAGIC!

Cons

The biggest challenge I have had working with Workato has been trying to figure out why an error has occurred.

Leo d D.

Great Product - Fantastic Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/10/19
Review Source

We were looking for product that would get us up and running quickly with an integration between SalesForce and Quickbooks. Bryant and Maria stepped us through the set up process immediately and had us up and running within 24 hours of first contact but most importantly they taught us how to create recipes for integration so as our needs grow we can do the work ourselves - an extremely flexible tool.

As an added bonus Bryant and Maria showed us how we could use Workauto to develop work flows between a ton of Apps other than SalesForce and Quickbooks - as a start up this will be invaluable as we grow. Fantastic value for the money.

Pros

Customer support could not be beat. A joy to work with. We actually enjoyed the process and the product performs as promised. All software should be as good as Workauto.

Isabelle S.

Workato - great automation and workflow tool

Reviewed on 2017/08/14
Review Source

Pros

Workato offers a broad range of "out of the box" solutions as well as plenty of customisable features. It's ready to use connections are it's real strength for teams who don't have developer capacity and/or the budget to make unique integrations themselves. You can really build complex and robust workflows that automate business processes.

Cons

The help documentation around Workato is reasonably brief and not hugely wide-ranging. You can contact help services and they are excellent at replying quickly and providing great support, but I would like better documentation around the product in the first place to avoid annoying and basic errors in recipes, without needing to generate a support case. A small con, but reasonably time consuming!!!

Michael K.

Easy to use and very fast set up

Reviewed on 2016/12/16
Review Source

We use Workato to export invoices from 3 separate Xero accounting instances into a MySQL database hosted on AWS for connection to our cloud basd BI and reporting tool. Set up was a breeze and everything works perfectly, we could not be happier. I achieved in a couple of hours with Workato the same as what would have been a 3 to 6 month software development project a few years ago, before iPaaS services like Workato began to appear on the market

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive user interface, and so far 100% reliable with great exception reporting

Cons

None yet, we have been using for about a month now

Ryan H.

A Must Have

Reviewed on 2016/04/01
Review Source

We had a former provider that tried hard, but their service did not work. Workato just plain works. Allan was great to provide us with the Professional Services to help us get our initial syncing processes built and tweaked to perfection. There have even been several feature requests we have suggested and they have added them quickly. We use Workato to create new quickbooks customers as soon as they are a client in Salesforce, as well as creating in and updating invoices in salesforce as soon as they are created or updated in Quickbooks. This allows our entire company to edit and view in Salesforce and not have to have access to quickbooks.

Pros

Cons

It still requires some manual work when a syncing error happens and has to be resolved.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/11/29
Review Source

Pros

I've only had one issue so far and it was resolved quickly and professionally. Representatives are very helpful and knowledgeable. Great customer service!

Cons

Might help if transaction limits/balance was displayed on the main recipe dashboard. It's possible to run out of transactions with one recipe if you have a lot of data and don't set up a trigger properly.

Muaz R.

Lots of features and an amazing support and sales team

Reviewed on 2018/10/29
Review Source

Pros

Workato has been very useful for us in integrating tools with Salesforce, with freedom for us to customize as much as we want. There's not much you can't do with this product. We had Bala and Amanda helping us with our plan and recipe, and they were both very helpful to us when it came to providing the correct resources for us to refer to. Overall, I would recommend using Workato if they have the solution to what you're looking for, because they'll provide the necessary help to get you where you need to be.

Cons

Recipes are a bit difficult to learn at first but you get used to it. Luckily, there is a good amount of documentation that your assigned success team could refer you to.

Paul M.

Has Potential to be Amazing!

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/11/04

I think Workato has great potential. It seems like their needs to be better guides and walkthroughs for each App integration.

Pros

The recipes allowed a huge assortment of customizations to the automated "bots". Workato also supports most of the popular apps like sheets, slack, smartsheet, jira, etc... It is great for us that have a developer background as we can make changes to the code to update recipes.

Cons

I had many issues getting the apps to connect properly so they could be used. It was not intuitive to figure out how to make a recipe as well.

6.0/10
Belinda C.

Currently working with workato for our sync program

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

We are using workato for our sync between quickbooks and infusionsoft. It is a work in progress however I feel we will benefit in the long run.

Pros

Save time and money by using this software

Cons

Takes some time to make sure data is correct on both ends

Bob S.

Simple and powerful

Reviewed on 2017/10/04
Review Source

Pros

We've found Workato relatively simple to use, yet a very powerful tool, for integrating data between Quick Base, Zendesk, SFMC, Box, and our own platform. The product works very well and superior customer service is the icing on the cake!

Musa N.

Made my life at work easier

Reviewed on 2018/08/07
Review Source

Pros

It can integrate and connects almost with all my applications i work with at my office. And It just get things done

Cons

There is a lot i need to understand and learn before i can master it. Some documentations would really be helpful

Heng P.

Rating only

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Jose m. S.

Easy wasy to integrate applications

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/09/03
Review Source

Pros

Very intuitive user interface, creating a new recipe takes just a few steps. And in case you need some help or have any doubts, Workato consultants are always there to assist.

Cons

Documentation is sometimes not enough to get the information you need. In case of issues it´s not easy to find what´s happening.

Great Replacement For ItDuzzit

Reviewed on 2016/07/15
Review Source

Since Itduzzit shut down, we have replaced over 65 recipes using Workato. The transition was very easy and came with a lot of customer support. Grace was especially helpful and very easy to contact when needed.

Pros

Very powerful program. I can see it being capable of a lot of things.

Cons

It took a little while to understand how to build recipes, but once you get it down it gets much easier. Also, when cloning a step, remember to replace all the cloned pills with the correct source. Not as many applications available, but if you need a specific request, they can create it for you.

One of the best integration tools I've used.

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

Pros

The ability to create my own integrations without the need of any developer. Very intuitive and straightforward to use.

Cons

There is a lot of community recipes available to choose from. It can get pretty overwhelming so having a system to sort more would be great.

Guillaume couillard C.

Workato really do empower businesses

Reviewed on 2016/04/18
Review Source

Workato is awesome; the Workato double way sync for Quickbooks - Infusionsoft is trully powerful; The support team (Derek-Ryan-Allan) over there really go out of their way to help you get setup; I never felt alone in the setup phase which is a big one; Well done; You guys really do empower businesses

Mike F.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2018/10/22
Daniel C.

Very Powerful Tool

Reviewed on 2016/04/26
Review Source

Great custumer support, the team has been great. Still a lot of apps missing but time will fix that. In terms of costumization, the sky is the limit .

Cons

Please add unbounce.com and app.sendgrid.com/

Kenneth G.

Brand New

Reviewed on 2016/12/09
Review Source

I am still brand new to the app so ask me again in a couple months when I get the hang of it! I like it so far but have not branched out into anything complex like formulas yet.