Phocas Software Reviews

Phocas Software

Feel good about using data.

Bobby
  • Industry: Wholesale

Getting the most out of data 'NOW' !!

Reviewed on 2021/08/11

Our number one benefit was saving time and delivering information to our Salesforce. Prior to PHOCAS every need for information came as a request to our I.T. department. With a limited staff keeping our systems updated and available was a major time consumer ... leaving very little time to develop the report or query request that constantly came into the department. After Implementing PHOCAS the number of request went down mon th by month as the Salesforce started using PHOCAs and getting their information without having to wait on the I.T. staff to produce it.

Pros

Deliver what was promised. Ease of implementation, Ease of training, Ease of Customer service.
Price point sealed the deal.

Cons

As we looked at several products we found that most of them had the same look and feel. Most wanted a high front end implementation cost along with a 2 year commitment. Phocas was willing to do a 'Install, try and buy' approach.... nothing to lose but some system admin time working with Phocas to setup the environment to prove it worked. So with that said ... our only 'con' comment is ... we wish we had implemented sooner.

Lisa
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Phocas is a fantastic tool!

Reviewed on 2021/08/10

I do a lot of reporting in my role with the company, not only internal but external to our vendors and also customers.

I am able to provide real time reports via Phocas. This has been where I most have appreciated the software. I used to have to email all my reports which would take countless hours week after week. WIth Phocas, setting up a link takes a few minutes on the front end but then it's done and you can easily share with many.

I have been able to dig into our data and provide analysis that I would have not been able to do otherwise.

Pros

I love the flexibility within Phocas and the ease with which you can customize reporting to fit so many different areas of business. I especially am thankful for the links that you can provide to non-users to share reporting outside of your company. Phocas makes my job so much easier and gives me the power to provide quick and useful reports.

Cons

Until I discovered the online videos and trainings, I was not able to use the software to the fullest! I highly recommend when the software is introduced to a new user, that they watch some of the 101 level trainings to learn all that can be done.

Delaney
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Marketing Review 8/2021

Reviewed on 2021/08/17

Overall, I am genuinely happy with Phocas. I'm the kind of person who gets excited about report customization and flexibility within the way we structure our data.

Pros

I love the customization of creating reports. Our users enjoy the independence of creating their own reports and the flexibility they have with customizing the structure of any data pulled.

Cons

We have a partner login within our license, and support for this add-on isn't yet where it needs to be in order to foster growth in this area.

Adam

Phocas Review

Reviewed on 2021/07/30

Phocas has been really easy to use and allows us the insight into our business that we need. Furthermore, support has been really good.

Pros

The best part of Phocas is the ease of use. They really make it easy and intuitive to find the information you are looking for.

Cons

This is largely in part to our ERP system, but not everything we would like to have in Phocas came with our integration. We have to have custom programming done to unlock further usage of our system in Phocas.

Anthony

Phocas data management

Reviewed on 2023/02/17

I have used Phocas for 5-6 years and use most days. The deep diving of data speeds my reporting time two-fold. Accurate and reportable data.

Pros

I enjoy the ability to phocas into different datasets whilst viewing another, for example the product, credit note type BY each customer.

Cons

Available training for new users. I have several years and was shown with a 'hands on approach'.

Response from Phocas Software

Hi Anthony,
thanks for taking the time to review Phocas. It's great you keep getting so much use out of our platform, and are able to quickly track down details on products and credit notes per customer!

Hopefully you're familiar with our library of how-to videos that cover various aspects of Phocas products - we regularly update it at https://www.phocassoftware.com/academy. Also your account manager will be in touch if there are any other relevant training sessions for new users that we think your team could benefit from.

If you require assistance or have any further suggestions, please send us an email at [email protected]

Warm regards,
Mike Hills
Global Head of Customer

Tyler

Phocas is a masterful piece of software

Reviewed on 2023/02/09

It's seriously good. Sometimes the customer service is slightly slow and I don't always hear back straight away but in the main it's good!

Pros

Phocas is one of the best CRM / data analyst tools in the market for people selling multiple product lines to multiple customers. The ability to track and measure the success of individual products and product groups to a selection of customers or sectors is absolutely brilliant!

Cons

The software is slightly clunky still and would benefit from more work on the ease of use side, ie. a better search function

Response from Phocas Software

Hi Tyler, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you're able to slice and dice your product and customer data to your heart's content!

Our team is always working hard to respond quickly whenever you need us, so please let us know if you have anything in particular that isn't quite right: [email protected]

Warm regards,
Mike Hills
Global Head of Customer

Jason
  • Industry: Automotive

Comprehensive Reporting & Business Building Tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

My overall experience with Phocas has been excellent, we use the system to monitor growing and declining sales to protect out business and easily identify buying gaps to help increase sales.

Pros

Ease of use, speed of reporting and level of detail available that can be accessed. Automated reporting saves a lot of time. Support from the account managers when required is excellent.

Cons

Sometimes some of the functionality could be improved further to allow more flexibility. An example here would be multiple options for subscriptions i.e. a weekly report that you could also set to receive at monthend without the need to create a new favourite. Nest function is a fantastic addition to the functionality but due to the way Phocas works you have to start at the bottom layer of data then build layers above.

alan
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Cost effective Management Information

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

This replaced "hand crafted" Excel and VBA sheets over a 10 day period to the consumer , we then developed Phocas to suit our needs and one drop of data updates all users with all views in 1 day.

Pros

Ease of use , ability to develop our own customised views , one change updates all consumers of the views , scalable - we can add more data and create relationships to enrich existing views to the consumer , Enable better decision making data in dashboard views allowing the consumer to pic and choose what is important today .
We have never looked back - we chose Phocas in 2013 to feed our front end business with tailor made views of data to enable swift decision making - we developed our support team to self create views from data feed through to data visualisation - this replaced our Excel and VBA sheets that were people hungry to produce - now we simply load our data periodically and the consumer can a see "all they want to see when they want to see it "

Cons

Understanding how the background of the product , as we decided from day one that we would be self sufficient in all our development needs and not many businesses had taken this approach with Phocas at that time.

Chris
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Product with First Class Support

Reviewed on 2021/08/05

Phocas has easily been one of our most successful implementations. Users love it.

Pros

Offers easy deployment and maintenance. Database builds are a snap while offering dynamic reporting, dashboards and alerts.

Cons

More access to backend functionality would be helpful.

Microsoft Power BI

Reasons for Choosing Phocas Software

Cost, functionality and maintenance
Mike
  • Industry: Wholesale

BI software that let's me do it the way I want to do it.

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Being able to run reports in minutes instead of hours has saved me so much time. It helps me work more efficiently.

Pros

What I most like about Phocas is I can get to the information I need by how I think about it. While someone else in my company can get to the same exact information in a totally different manner. The great thing is we get to the same exact information.

Cons

The thing I like least is the inability to print nice looking dashboards. We have sales meetings and the managers want to print each salesmen's information from a master dashboard. This way it can be handed out to each person so they can see their information as it is talked about generally in the meeting.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

I've worked with Phocas for just a year, and absolutely LOVE it.

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Pros

The ease of use is great, and has brought so much benefit to our company. We are able to customize reports and dashboards to our needs as a company, which is a huge deal. Getting reports out to our field is easy and painless. We use subscriptions constantly, and that has made many employee's lives easier.

Cons

I wish, still there was more ability to customize the report layouts. There are a lot of times when I have to create the report in Phocas, export it, and then do additional formatting in Excel. Also, the ability to download an entire dashboard would be amazing! It would make it so much easier than exporting each part individually.

James

Phocas going forward

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

It is giving us an insight we have never had before into our performance and the measure ability especially in terms of profit and there link to rebates.

Pros

I am most excited about the ability to draw in different strands of information from the various software platforms we operate as part of the business. We generate so much data that frankly its too intimidating to consider analysis of it all without the services of Phocas

Cons

I would like to see more integration in the CRM side of the software. For instance our ERP is ultimately our primary CRM system aswell, so we manage the contacts there, but they do not automatically sync through to the contacts tab of the CRM section. Some further automation from existing systems would be nice.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Phocas - Exceptional software with amazing support.

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Phocas have been an amazing help with streamlining our business processes. Not only is it easy to gain insights into our market, the team at Phocas have made it as quick and easy as possible by setting up automatic synchronisations from our accounting software directly to Phocas so we always have the latest data on hand without any effort at all. A favourite tool for the staff here and can't recommend it enough.

Pros

Ease of use and navigation, ability to customise and a perfect support team!

Cons

The functionality is awesome, only think I can think of is to give more options with custom formatting dashboards.

Ian

Brilliant way to save precious time

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

We / I monitor and control stock and sales figures for a large multi-site company that is easily done by branch or area and quickly manipulate the figures to show the various results I require in an instant, I would be lost without it.

Pros

I like the instant, fluid information that lets me quickly get the information I want when I want it how I want it, sales me hours a week, what's not to like!

Cons

I wish to learn more about it to maximise on its benefits but find it a little expensive to do the course, other than that its brilliant.

Shakti

Phocas Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Phocas allows the business to have data available on the go. BSS administrates and creates the data tables which allows the business to easily customise new company requirements.

Pros

One Click Functionality. User friendly. The ability to access data wherever you are in the world.

Cons

As BSS hold a vast amount of information sometimes we have issues viewing the data. This might be an internal or external network issue.

CHRISTOPHER

Phocas Software review

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Sales and profit information by customer and product line is instantaneously available. I do not know how we functioned without it. Grat tool to analyze sales and profitability

Pros

Information Availability and speed of access to queries

Cons

We cannot link our customer price matrix database to our sales information

Linda

Very happy with Phocas

Reviewed on 2021/08/18

Overall we are very happy with our product.

Overall we are very happy with our product.

Pros

This product is easy to use and we create reports quickly.

Cons

We wanted to add some features into our existing databases but couldn't do it on our own. We just had training and now we learned how to do that.

Cyndi

Phocas BI

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

We are an Electrical Distributor. We use Phocas in every facet of our business to pull data about sales, inventory, products.

Pros

Easy to use and understand. Logical thought processes to pull your data.

Cons

When using the Nesting feature you have to be right on the "Drag here" in order to have your other dimension stick. Sometimes you must try three or four times before it holds.

John
  • Industry: Automotive

Phocas Software review

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Good, I can see what everyone is buying, how I’m targeting specific products we manufacture. Follow up leads. Easily compare turnovers. See who has stopped buying a particular part no, and see who is buying something new.

Pros

All information I need for sales, prospects easily available.
Updates every day

Cons

Nothing really. All works pretty easily for the info I need

John

Great tool that is quickly gaining traction for PACE Supply

Reviewed on 2021/08/18

I’m a big fan of not only the product but the company. I appreciate how PHOCAS treats their employees and what they stand for.

Pros

Ease of use. Users with no math or data experience can quickly get up to speed.

Cons

Longer lead times on development have been a challenge. No exposed APIs is a limitation.

Dawn

Fast USer Adoption

Reviewed on 2021/08/08

Pros

The software is easy to use and implement. User adoption was very fast. I like that you can quickly and easily build your own database in Designer without an IT resource.

Cons

If the data could be real time instead of on sync

Ryan

Excellent reporting software

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

Pros

It makes pulling inventory and financial information very easy. You can be as broad or as granular as you want to be.

Cons

The first day of the month, all inventory and financial data is zero.

Vince
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Unlocking the power of phocas

Reviewed on 2021/08/17

Overall experience has been positive. Great service/support

Overall experience has been positive. Great service/support

Pros

Fairly easy to use with data highly configurable

Cons

Lack of out of box setup. Lack of point and click to drill into Data.

ken

INcrease knowledge

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

we use Phocas to gain a better understanding of our customer transactions and history. we used this to review what if customer verses product purchases and this enabled us to put some attention to opportunities we had not seen before, increasing sales by 5%

Pros

allowed data analysis that improved our ERP system. enabled decisions that increased sales

Cons

remembering how to use all of the features

Martin

x

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

I use it daily and it provides me the info I need

I use it daily and it provides me the info I need

Pros

Ease of use. Simple to navigate and download

Cons

I do not have any cons! Everything seems fine