Timothy B.

The Best Fit For Us

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Sales-i helps keep the focus on the customer, who are the heartbeat of our business.We can anticipate customer needs much better, which improves the customer service experience. We now execute multi-phased marketing campaigns targeted based on customer demographics, and purchase patterns. We can also nurture leads, and cross-sell products. We couldn't do any of that before Sales-i.

Pros

Sales-i is our hub for all team members to access needed information. It's easy to use and easy to access information on the move. They knew our industry and verticals, so implementation was mostly painless and quick.

Cons

The Sales-i team still has a lot of work to do around reporting. You can usually get what you need by manipulating filters and saved queries, but that is often too much for a Sales Rep in the field. The missing functionality around reporting creates more work for the Marketing Team here.

Response from sales-i

Hi Timothy,

Jane H.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Happy Customers

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Allows us to manipulate data from a source that only prints to PDF or through ODBC queries.
Saves us a huge amount of time in analyzing our data.

Pros

Sales-i is a valuable asset to our company as it enables us to take information from a database with poor reporting features and manipulate and analyze this data. As well as provide our shareholders with valuable information for their business.

Cons

I find that the exported reports come out in an awkward fashion in excel.
If you want the information with the header, the document is very difficult to work with.
I wish i could have the excel (no header) format with the header information. When the header is added it adds multiple columns which creates problems in working with the documnt.

Response from sales-i

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the review.

We'll pass on your feedback to the Product team.

sales-i

Thomas H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Sharp Business Practice, Expensive, not for small teams

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

We decided to give Sales-i a try after a number of very pushy sales conversations, despite the large initial setup fee. After that it was a monthly bill of over £300. Initially there was so much setup involved that we could not use it for many months, for which to their credit they refunded the monthly fee, but required a massive amount of work on our part to get our data into the correct format. Once this was resolved we started to pay the bills of over £300 per month.

After the 3 year term expired I emailed Sales-i to say that it wasn't the right fit and did not wish to continue the service but we told that because we did not notify them 90 days before the end of our contract that we have been rolled over for another year (and a cost of about £3750). I explained that we were never made aware of a 90 day cancellation policy and that since we paid monthly we expected that after the 3 year period we would be able to cancel freely.

So we have paid a very large setup fee and been paying monthly for something that we felt was not value for money as we simply do not see the increased sales we require to warrant it, but have been told we have to keep paying. This is NOT the sort of service what we expected from a modern company.

To this end we have been disappointed by the program and would advise any prospective purchaser to read the small print thoroughly before considering whether this is really a commitment they want to make.

Pros

It makes the data that our CRM software provides easier to view

Cons

The cost, the fact that we need to pay for 3 users when we don't have 3 full time sales people. The fact that the contract auto renews without warning.
Also we can't use it to make our sales calls, for various reasons, including that if one customer on a call list phones in with an order which is taken by a staff member who doesn't handle that customer, they can not remove the customer from the call list, leading to unwanted repeated calls to the customer. Also ran too slowly on our broadband.

Chris S.

HD Truck Reps

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

It helps us target customers by each manufacturer we represent. By giving us current sales information for each customer as we make calls. Then include prospective customers to help grow our sales.

Pros

I have been very impressed with the implementation process. We had a customer contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that was with us every step of the way!! The software is very insightful and geared for the sales process. Contacts to sales data with integration to bring both together and lay out a game plan and implementation of that game plan.

Cons

Because we are a manufacturer representative group the implementation was a little difficult. We are actually still working on correcting the information we transfer to get a more precise use of the software.

Response from sales-i

Hi Chris,

Lawrence B.

Good System

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Best for looking for potential opportunities when business changes.

Pros

Easy product mix annalists. Also excellent at providing real time purchasing data for my customers.

Cons

Poor 3 year history options - year over year

Response from sales-i

Hi Lawrence,

Mark P.

Account insight

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Increasing communications between sales team and management, focused customer contacts, scheduling assistance, and increased productivity.

Pros

Prepares salesman for each call based on prior calls activity, sales trends, and defined opportunities.

Cons

Up to date sales data, which is being beta tested.

Response from sales-i

Hi Mark,

Larry W.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Concerns using sales-i

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

I've spent countless hours trying to get the sales numbers to match. We cover too many states with Customer that are multi-state, so different reps call on those Customers. Your reporting is not set up for that scenario. You work off the premise ONE CUSTOMER - ONE SALES PERSON. We have situations where four Reps and two Spec Reps call on one Customer in several different cities.

Pros

Customer information was very easy to use, see sales, what they purchased, great for Business reviews if the information was correct.

Cons

We use a antique IBM based green screen software. You simply do not have enough categories to correctly report the same sales numbers as Gartman does.

Response from sales-i

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the review. One of the team will be in touch.

Bryan K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great product - if used properly

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Pros

This product integrated into our business systems with very little trouble. From the setup phase to training to continued followup, this has been a great product for our sales teams.

Cons

Probably the least liked aspect of the software is the inability to set up the targets the way I would like for my team.

Response from sales-i

Hi Bryan,

Jason B.

Opinion

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Knowledge, this program allows me to have factual information on sales which I never had before.

Pros

The recording process is great because it is easy to do and the access is simple. Daily information that I have access to is more than I have ever had. It gives me in my position the professional appearance knowing what is happening with the customers at my fingertips.

Cons

At this point nothing is standing out as a problem or concern,

Response from sales-i

Hi Jason,

Diane C.

Sales-i

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Pros

It is very easy to use and I appreciate the tec support.

Cons

It is a disadvantage that you can not run sales data on specific dates, just months.

Response from sales-i

Hi Diane,

Shane W.

Sales i review

bad

Pros

Going with Sales-I was a mistake. Poor support, inability to customize easily, unable to upload mass data. We wasted a year with this program then went to hubspot.
Not recommend you launch something without having your ducks in a row

Cons

ease of use, poor support, inability to upload mass data, no auto email function

Response from sales-i

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the review. We'll be in touch to discuss this.

Kelly C.

Parts Review

Reports

Pros

reviewing parts sales person call notes and reporting

Cons

right now our accurate data history is limited but will get better as we age on to SalesI

Response from sales-i

Hi Kelly,

Dave P.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Incomplete software

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

The customer service can't fix the problems. We were told that they were working on it which was/is a bold face lie.

Pros

I try not to use this software. The reporting is incomplete at best.

Cons

Reporting needs to have accurate information. The mobile is not well thought out. Salesmen dislike it.

Response from sales-i

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the review, one of our team will be touch to discuss your feedback.

Thanks,

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple and easy with powerful outcomes

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

Using sales-i is a breeze even though I'm not particularly 'techy'. I can find what I'm looking for quickly with the campaigns I set up initially and if I want to answer any other questions or even just have a play I go into the inquiries to gain more insight.

Pros

I love that any data I find related to customers is then linked to the CRM part of the system, so it gives me a reason to contact a customer, ammunition to use when I do and an organized way to record the call or visit etc.

Cons

To be honest, I got a good demonstration of sales-i before we signed up so we knew what we were getting and haven't been disappointed one bit. We use the web version and the apple app for iPads and the use is just as easy, if not easier, on the road. I'd like some kind of push notification on the app for the sales guys but actually, without it, it means they have to log in themselves, which isn't a bad thing. I want to keep everyone engaged.

Dan M.

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Pros

Sales-I has been a great device for managing our sales funnel. We have great visibility on our customers that help us strategize and execute on good sales activities to drive our business forward

Cons

I wish it was more customizable. For instant I would like to be able to set targets by Primary Supplier

Response from sales-i

Hi Dan,

Ryan N.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Ok system, wish it was curtailed to our business.

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Able to have hard numbers for sales on hand where I didnt have this previously unless I prepared for it.

Pros

Allows you to easily access your customer info, contacts and enter your notes.

Cons

Has definitely been slow up until recently. Syncing the calendar with outlook has been very skiddish.

Response from sales-i

Hi Ryan,

Brendt S.

Great Product for Keeping Up on Client Purchase trends

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Overall a great experience. We under utilize the software currently but we hope to increase use of more functionality on the future.

Pros

Excellent software that integrates with our ERP system seamlessly. Great visuals/graphical snapshots.

Cons

Some functionality was different between standard browsers and mobile versions. This seems to be fixed now with the exception of the "Enquires" information is still unavailable in the iPad browser version.

Response from sales-i

Hi Brendt,

Kenneth S.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Can't do with out it

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

The sales I team made it easy to implement and build the necessary reports day 1

Pros

Ease of use. I start my day with the data it provides. My sales team uses it everyday. it allows us to plan our day and make better use of our time

Cons

the tablet interface, I would like to see an app on the app store.

Response from sales-i

Hi Kenneth,

Trevor L.
  • Industry: Building Materials

It has very useful benefits

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

I would say Sales-i is probably the best one I have used because of the information that it provides you as a sales person/account manager. Along with its ease of use.

Pros

I like the ability to get the customers relevant information quickly. It is usually very quick and easy to access, although we have been having issues, Sales-I is usually quick to fix the problem.

Cons

First this is a good tool as it has pertinent information for you and your customer right at your finger tips. At the end of the day this is still a tracking tool, where I am one that believes sales figures tell the story not a CRM type program. It also depends on how your company uses the software. Any of these types of software are only as good as the information entered.

Response from sales-i

Hi Trevor,

sales-i

Lauren M.
  • Industry: Food Production

Initial Training & Intial Adoption

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

So far, it has been a challenge - but I believe these tools are in the beginning. However not all of our challenges lie in winning the team over. It has been setting up the training calls, which are only 60 minutes at a time BEFORE rolling the concepts out to our team so we are masters of them first. To get the 3 powers users on this call, while also having it match up to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] schedule - is causing a delay in rollout. I am finding it helpful to have immediate access to customer support - I love how [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always picks up the phone and is friendly and polite and so helpful.

Pros

The campaigns and running enquiries are impactful. I like the ease of running an enquiry. I do not like how long it takes to generate a report at times. ( I found it helpful to call sales-I last week when my report wouldn't run for over 2 hours - sales-I needed to reset the server)

Cons

I don't like how the dollar figures do not contain a comma. This is very confusing. I also do not like that the year to date compared to previous year to date isn't a complete picture until the final day of the month. The mobile platform is quite a bit different than the desktop version - so it's almost like running two training programs.

Response from sales-i

Hi Lauren,

Drew B.

Good Solution for Price

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Sales variance reports are worth the cost of the software alone!

Pros

I am able to produce the data I need for Digital Marketing purposes quickly and accurately. Saved reports have become a staple of my day!

Cons

Big learning curve for new users. A mature sales-i account, with a bunch of saved reports, reduces that curve, but starting fresh (like we did) was difficult.

The GUI feels clunky (not too descriptive, I know) and could be more designed vs engineered.

Response from sales-i

Hi Drew,

Dan B.

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

I absolutely love the program and it has made our efficiency so much better

Pros

I love how all of the information is at my finger tips and can slice and dice it anyway that I choose

Cons

I dislike the mobile application as it is not as user friendly as the desktop application

Response from sales-i

Hi Dan,

Justin M.

sales-i, Data analytics tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

It best helps us to identify sales opportunities that we may currently be missing in the field. The ability to create customer presentations is a big benefit to us.

Pros

The ease of extracting multiple data points from our business system quickly and repeatedly.

Cons

Our integration with Karmak seems to frequently require maintenance resulting in out of date or inaccurate information.

Response from sales-i

Hi Justin,

Jason T.

Sales-i Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Great overall experience. It would be nice if you can tie-in Sales-i and Purchase-i. It would allow many of great features which would help manage inventory supply better.

Pros

Navigating Features - They're simple and pulls data quickly.

Cons

There's many times where I've experienced delays or the software simply didn't work. It was usually short term and I have seen improvement throughout 2019 and so far this year.

Response from sales-i

Hi Jason,

Dick V.

Fleet Services, Inc.

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Still attempting to get users comfortable with the product and being able to get access for some users.

Pros

Access to data quickly and efficiently. Visual views

Cons

Issues with users being able to login with mobile app. Unusable data loaded into the system.

Response from sales-i

Hi Dick,