3,9
4,3
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple and easy with powerful outcomes

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

Using sales-i is a breeze even though I'm not particularly 'techy'. I can find what I'm looking for quickly with the campaigns I set up initially and if I want to answer any other questions or even just have a play I go into the inquiries to gain more insight.

Pros

I love that any data I find related to customers is then linked to the CRM part of the system, so it gives me a reason to contact a customer, ammunition to use when I do and an organized way to record the call or visit etc.

Cons

To be honest, I got a good demonstration of sales-i before we signed up so we knew what we were getting and haven't been disappointed one bit. We use the web version and the apple app for iPads and the use is just as easy, if not easier, on the road. I'd like some kind of push notification on the app for the sales guys but actually, without it, it means they have to log in themselves, which isn't a bad thing. I want to keep everyone engaged.

Phil B.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Business Intelligence Software Program

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Customer analyzation and business analytics are by far what we utilize the program for. Building campaigns for products and account retention is critical for us as we work diligently to improve our customer retention programs.

Pros

From purely a Business Intelligence perspective, Sales-I delivers everything I am expecting. From daily sales reports to analyzing accounts and building campaigns, this program is highly effective .

Cons

When purchased we were hoping to integrate the CRM function but find that the CRM function of Sales-I is truly difficult to use. For it to be utilized by us as a company the e-mail capability will need to increase.

Response from sales-i

Hi Phil,

Robroy K.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Sales-i on Vancouver Island

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

It is ok. Could be better from a user perspective like noted above by Cons. I would hope the out of the box app can be adapted to be more user friendly. Key is that I will embrace the app if it was easier to access without internet. Have the app upload when in WIFI area.

Pros

Looking up volumes of my dealers on the fly. Record function on the note taking in a call.

Cons

- Silly that out west we cannot have the correct date and time.
- desperately need the application to work 100% offline when making notes and entering a call. So many zones on the island I cannot get internet access. Not having this feature does not encourage me to keep up with my notes as there is often no internet connections with several accounts. I know enquirers would not work but that can be done ahead of time and put on the call in PDF format. Easy.
- can be very slow and app times out too fast - 15 min should be changed to 1 hour - there is no sales numbers in Sales-i so why the time out feature being so fast?.
- too many questions when booking a call. "plan to visit" "follow up call next time" none of these are needed to book a call. Each call need preparation but I don't need to put an appointment in to prepare for an appointment. Appointments should be time date place and what to do and with who. That's it.

I just want to pick up my phone and enter info even when offline.

Response from sales-i

Hi RobRoy,

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Timothy B.
Industry: Automotive

The Best Fit For Us

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Sales-i helps keep the focus on the customer, who are the heartbeat of our business.We can anticipate customer needs much better, which improves the customer service experience. We now execute multi-phased marketing campaigns targeted based on customer demographics, and purchase patterns. We can also nurture leads, and cross-sell products. We couldn't do any of that before Sales-i.

Pros

Sales-i is our hub for all team members to access needed information. It's easy to use and easy to access information on the move. They knew our industry and verticals, so implementation was mostly painless and quick.

Cons

The Sales-i team still has a lot of work to do around reporting. You can usually get what you need by manipulating filters and saved queries, but that is often too much for a Sales Rep in the field. The missing functionality around reporting creates more work for the Marketing Team here.

Response from sales-i

Hi Timothy,

Dan M.

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Pros

Sales-I has been a great device for managing our sales funnel. We have great visibility on our customers that help us strategize and execute on good sales activities to drive our business forward

Cons

I wish it was more customizable. For instant I would like to be able to set targets by Primary Supplier

Response from sales-i

Hi Dan,

Larry H.
Industry: Warehousing

Sales-i in Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

Good experience, like the format but really need to report out daily.

Pros

Putting together goals for the team by product line. YTD stuff, but it does not update daily only monthly. Campaigns, but need more training on that.

Cons

I used the Variance+ exclusively until last fall when I was told they were not updated that report any longer. I was also told we would be able to see variance by date rather than by month which is very difficult. I need to see how we are doing compared to prior month all through the month.
Why is there so many things in the ZZZ folder, this should not be.

Response from sales-i

Hi Larry,

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ryan N.
Industry: Building Materials

Ok system, wish it was curtailed to our business.

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Able to have hard numbers for sales on hand where I didnt have this previously unless I prepared for it.

Pros

Allows you to easily access your customer info, contacts and enter your notes.

Cons

Has definitely been slow up until recently. Syncing the calendar with outlook has been very skiddish.

Response from sales-i

Hi Ryan,

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Andres U.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great to keep track of numbers

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

There has been some changes done through sales I since CanWell started using it, first year will always be difficult, so looking froward to the second year as I get more used to the new changes and the new app.

Pros

I like it because it is very informative before stepping into a meeting I know exactly where we stand with that customer.
It is great to create snapshots as it is a great tool to present to your customers.

Cons

It is quite limited in terms of tracking opportunities. It would be good if this was linked to your outlook e mail so you get reminders of different opportunities that have not been paid attention too.
Accessing opportunities is complex, opportunities being an important step of the sales process having this simplified would go a long way.
I dont like that I cannot create a repetitive call, if I had a visit or task every week I'd like to have a setting that says "repeat" and week, bi-weekly, month options.
A customizing inquires feature would be great, there is too much "fluff" when doing inquiries, if we could customize our own for what we use most often it would be great.

Response from sales-i

Hi Andres,

Jane H.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Happy Customers

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Allows us to manipulate data from a source that only prints to PDF or through ODBC queries.
Saves us a huge amount of time in analyzing our data.

Pros

Sales-i is a valuable asset to our company as it enables us to take information from a database with poor reporting features and manipulate and analyze this data. As well as provide our shareholders with valuable information for their business.

Cons

I find that the exported reports come out in an awkward fashion in excel.
If you want the information with the header, the document is very difficult to work with.
I wish i could have the excel (no header) format with the header information. When the header is added it adds multiple columns which creates problems in working with the documnt.

Response from sales-i

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the review.

We'll pass on your feedback to the Product team.

Cindy M.

Powerful Program

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

When there is a question on margin, I can quickly pinpoint what is causing it. It is a real time saver!

Pros

I personally use the Enquiry feature on a daily basis. I get questions on sales numbers and profit margins from our Reps and Execs almost daily and I am able to save an enquiry for them and even put it in their sales-I. Then they can look at the numbers and drill down to get even more information which empowers them. The setup and integration went well and we have been able to add more parameters to make it even more helpful.

Cons

When there are a lot of filters to include, that can be very cumbersome. It would be nice to be able to upload filters instead of putting them in one by one when there are a large number to include or exclude.

Response from sales-i

Hi Cindy,

Thomas H.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Sharp Business Practice, Expensive, not for small teams

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/07/17

We decided to give Sales-i a try after a number of very pushy sales conversations, despite the large initial setup fee. After that it was a monthly bill of over £300. Initially there was so much setup involved that we could not use it for many months, for which to their credit they refunded the monthly fee, but required a massive amount of work on our part to get our data into the correct format. Once this was resolved we started to pay the bills of over £300 per month.

After the 3 year term expired I emailed Sales-i to say that it wasn't the right fit and did not wish to continue the service but we told that because we did not notify them 90 days before the end of our contract that we have been rolled over for another year (and a cost of about £3750). I explained that we were never made aware of a 90 day cancellation policy and that since we paid monthly we expected that after the 3 year period we would be able to cancel freely.

So we have paid a very large setup fee and been paying monthly for something that we felt was not value for money as we simply do not see the increased sales we require to warrant it, but have been told we have to keep paying. This is NOT the sort of service what we expected from a modern company.

To this end we have been disappointed by the program and would advise any prospective purchaser to read the small print thoroughly before considering whether this is really a commitment they want to make.

Pros

It makes the data that our CRM software provides easier to view

Cons

The cost, the fact that we need to pay for 3 users when we don't have 3 full time sales people. The fact that the contract auto renews without warning.
Also we can't use it to make our sales calls, for various reasons, including that if one customer on a call list phones in with an order which is taken by a staff member who doesn't handle that customer, they can not remove the customer from the call list, leading to unwanted repeated calls to the customer. Also ran too slowly on our broadband.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jason S.

Sales-i review

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

The concept of this CRM is good. As a Sales Manager I have been able to more effectively track my team's interactions with our customer base. Feedback from my team has been positive regarding mobile access to sales data from Enquires. Our largest frustration comes from the slow processing and frequent calls to IT for various issues.

Pros

Ease of entering calls. Availability of mobile enquiries. Generate Snapshot is a handy feature.
Ability to CC others on call and provide report via email has been very useful time saving tool.

Cons

Sales-I has been slow and glitchy requiring frequent support from our IT staff. A lot of problems with starting the application or logging in. Many functions are very slow to process.
Some functionality is not available on mobile version (i.e. details of Opportunities)
Inability to handle our time zone when syncing with Outlook
Inability to sync Personal Appointments with Outlook

Response from sales-i

Hi Jason,

Appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Brendt S.

Great Product for Keeping Up on Client Purchase trends

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Overall a great experience. We under utilize the software currently but we hope to increase use of more functionality on the future.

Pros

Excellent software that integrates with our ERP system seamlessly. Great visuals/graphical snapshots.

Cons

Some functionality was different between standard browsers and mobile versions. This seems to be fixed now with the exception of the "Enquires" information is still unavailable in the iPad browser version.

Response from sales-i

Hi Brendt,

Kenneth S.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Can't do with out it

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

The sales I team made it easy to implement and build the necessary reports day 1

Pros

Ease of use. I start my day with the data it provides. My sales team uses it everyday. it allows us to plan our day and make better use of our time

Cons

the tablet interface, I would like to see an app on the app store.

Response from sales-i

Hi Kenneth,

Brian S.

Sales-I Reporting Functionality

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

We are strong supporters of Sales-I. We have 100% engagement with our users and we encourage discussion on proper usage and tips & techniques on a fairly regular basis.

Pros

The data available to me and my users is accurate, timely and simple to extract. We tell our users that they give a little to get a lot. The users give valuable feedback with regards to call outcomes, but the sales information they receive helps set them up for their most effective sales call by know what lines are up, even or down. The reporting is simple, effective and accurate. I constantly run reports that is share internally and externally. The users have the ability to show purchase history so a dealer can make informed decisions on what products and quantities they should stock.

Cons

Our mobile users have issues logging in consistently.

Response from sales-i

Hi Brian,

John P.

Sales-i

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

It's a really strong product. Needs work on reporting and simplicity.

Pros

It's very powerful and can really help with sales and customer relationships.

Cons

Needs to work on being user friendly when trying to create views. Need to make it as simple as possible to create views so sales staff can create on their own.

Response from sales-i

Hi John,

Dan B.

REVIEW

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

EXCELLENT

Pros

I CAN SLICE AND DICE THE CUSTOMER INFO IN MANY WAYS FOR MY NEEDS

Cons

ITINERARY ENTRY-NEEDING TO POPULATE OTHER THAN BY CITY

Response from sales-i

Hi Dan,

Trevor L.
Industry: Building Materials

It has very useful benefits

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

I would say Sales-i is probably the best one I have used because of the information that it provides you as a sales person/account manager. Along with its ease of use.

Pros

I like the ability to get the customers relevant information quickly. It is usually very quick and easy to access, although we have been having issues, Sales-I is usually quick to fix the problem.

Cons

First this is a good tool as it has pertinent information for you and your customer right at your finger tips. At the end of the day this is still a tracking tool, where I am one that believes sales figures tell the story not a CRM type program. It also depends on how your company uses the software. Any of these types of software are only as good as the information entered.

Response from sales-i

Hi Trevor,

Melanie B.
Industry: Construction

sales rep

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

Very good to have a great plan of the month, been able on the mobile version to have a quick acces to our customer performance .

Pros

enquiry is awsome, I like the report field and how we could generate and plan call. I was use to saleforce and I prefered Sale I

Cons

For canwel some option are not good enough exemple in dashboard when we have a product top 5 for us it's need to be product line instead of sku this is too deep.
We also want to be able to track versus our sale our Opportunity or target.

Response from sales-i

Hi Melanie,

Michael N.

Excellent Tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

The functionality and tools within the application are super easy to use, and provide very robust reporting capabilities to drill into our sales data which proves useful to spot trends that may be occurring by branch, customer, vendor, and even down to the product line item sales.

Pros

The software is easy to use. In addition to the CRM functionality, the business analytics functionality becomes a real asset for us in managing customers and running our business to spot trends.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind, we are very satisfied with the product and the overall support/service levels.

Response from sales-i

Hi Michael,

Lauren M.
Industry: Food Production

Initial Training & Intial Adoption

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

So far, it has been a challenge - but I believe these tools are in the beginning. However not all of our challenges lie in winning the team over. It has been setting up the training calls, which are only 60 minutes at a time BEFORE rolling the concepts out to our team so we are masters of them first. To get the 3 powers users on this call, while also having it match up to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] schedule - is causing a delay in rollout. I am finding it helpful to have immediate access to customer support - I love how [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] always picks up the phone and is friendly and polite and so helpful.

Pros

The campaigns and running enquiries are impactful. I like the ease of running an enquiry. I do not like how long it takes to generate a report at times. ( I found it helpful to call sales-I last week when my report wouldn't run for over 2 hours - sales-I needed to reset the server)

Cons

I don't like how the dollar figures do not contain a comma. This is very confusing. I also do not like that the year to date compared to previous year to date isn't a complete picture until the final day of the month. The mobile platform is quite a bit different than the desktop version - so it's almost like running two training programs.

Response from sales-i

Hi Lauren,

David P.

Efficient sales tool

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Love working with it and enjoy the efficiency of the tools at my fingertips daily. make me sell more and makes me more organized and prepared for my sales calls.

Pros

The large amount of Sales info at my fingertips and its there on a daily basis and at anytime. I am able to show my dealers up to the minute their sales dealings and business breakdown with us. The dealers love seeing how they are doing with us and what they are buying. Love being able to check my sales every morning and seeing my sales gaps and where I need to focus more of my time. Love being able book all my calls and update my findings after each one.

Cons

That I can't access it early am. That it don't work the greatest on Auto pilot as I am out in remote areas a lot of the time here in Newfoundland.

Response from sales-i

Hi David,

Mark M.
Industry: Building Materials

love the reporting, but hard using call notes and calendar syncing

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

again, i love pulling reports from sale-i but its just not working for the account managers on the road

Pros

reporting numbers and changes with product being purchased

Cons

not me, but the account managers have always had difficulty with the mobile app and having call notes disappear after putting them in.

also syncing appointments to look out is a coin toss if it works or not.

Response from sales-i

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the review. We'll be in touch to see how we can help your team on the road.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Cory R.
Industry: Retail

Major Difference

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

I have been using Sales-i to give me the information I need to make critical decisions about my business. With daily reports, I know exactly what is happing at my 5 different retail locations.

Pros

I like how easy it is to drill down from a high-level perspective to a customer level perspective.

Cons

It keeps asking me to allow flash. I'm not sure if that is an update that is about to change or if it will continue to use the flash software.

Response from sales-i

Hi Cory,

Chris S.
Industry: Automotive

HD Truck Reps

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

It helps us target customers by each manufacturer we represent. By giving us current sales information for each customer as we make calls. Then include prospective customers to help grow our sales.

Pros

I have been very impressed with the implementation process. We had a customer contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that was with us every step of the way!! The software is very insightful and geared for the sales process. Contacts to sales data with integration to bring both together and lay out a game plan and implementation of that game plan.

Cons

Because we are a manufacturer representative group the implementation was a little difficult. We are actually still working on correcting the information we transfer to get a more precise use of the software.

Response from sales-i

Hi Chris,