FreshMail Reviews

FreshMail

Email marketing solution

4.5/5 (37 reviews)
Peter M.

The best platform for sending personalised newsletters

Reviewed on 2016/08/12
Review Source

I’ve tested a few different vendors and after using Mailchimp for a long time I switched to Freshmail. At first it mostly for cost reasons but it turns out that their customer support really impressed me. I really like being able to write or call and get quick answers for everything.

Pros

Freshmail Designer is what I like most. You can select templates or create your own from scratch and add whatever elements you want with one click. Everything looks really professional when you’re done.

The other thing worth mentioning is automation with Google Analytics. It’s easy to send autoresponders to subscribers who complete goals that i set in google like “visit price page” and that person will get a message from me. Putting a small discount offer in that messages get really good results.

Cons

The integration with Google Analytics wasn’t easy for me but once I got the hang of it I could figure it out and set up new autoresponders with a few clicks.

Holly B.

I didn’t know email marketing was this easy to do

Reviewed on 2015/09/20
Review Source

My open rates on previous campaigns with another ESP were horrible and I never understood why. I thought a change of sending servers would help and it turns out that it makes all the difference.

Pros

Honestly, I don’t see much difference between one system and another but FreshMail does stand out to me for one reason. Over the past 4 or 5 years I have used four different email marketing systems and FreshMail has by far the best customer service of any of them. If you are getting any real use out of your email marketing, you will need some help or have a problem from time to time. FreshMail is only customer support that gave me the impression that there was actually someone looking into a problem and they always got back to me and stayed in touch until the problem was resolved.

Cons

My campaign got delayed because of their moderation process. When I wrote them to ask what was going on they said they have some kind of anti-spam moderation process that was taking longer than usual.

Gillian T.

Easy to use email marketing tool

Reviewed on 2016/08/12

I set up an account in FreshMail not long ago to start promoting my new e-store.

First impressions were good. Setting up a newsletter step by step is intuitive and adding graphics & creating the overall design is easy. You don't need to know anything about programming or graphic design to make something that looks great. I didn't think it would be this easy.

You arrange your newsletter by dragging and dropping blocks in the template. It's easy to combine text blocks and others with pictures and graphics and then edit everything the way you want it. When you're done you can save your template so you can start from there next time and just change the details.

After maybe an hour of experimentation the first time I worked with it, I can now make my own newsletter campaigns. If you don't want to make your own or don't have time you can also choose a ready made responsive template from their library.

Mitchell A.

Very Happy to Reccomend

Reviewed on 2017/01/24
Review Source

I have used Freshmail for more than 6 months. Before that I used Mailchimp but I had some difficulties with them and decided to change systems. So far everything seems to be very effective and I’m more than pleased that I decided to switch to Freshmail.

Pros

The biggest advantage is FreshMail’s 24/7 support. At the very beginning, I had a few problems but they worked and helped me to solve them, also I got some important advice on how to avoid similar problems in the future. I appreciate the wide range of guides, blog posts, e-books and so on. I want to get the most out of my email campaigns and freshmail knows how to do it :)

Cons

I don’t know how to integrate some plugins with their system, there’s no simple way to do it or I just have to figure it out - anyway it’s not very intuitive.

Artur J.

I enjoy using FreshMail and find it easy and useful in its price category.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Good insights about my subscribers database and possibility to clean it up from bouncing emails.

Pros

Many high-quality templates
A/B testing feature
Good interface
Clear campaign wizard
Grouping messages and subscribers
Good insights

Cons

The offer says otherwise, but from my experience messages filtered to spam are more common than a business would usually accept
The templates are good, but the differences between how they are viewed within campaign wizard and in particular email clients is very big.

Harriet W.

Easy to learn and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017/09/03
Review Source

Pros

I like how user friendly Freshmail is. The template designer has a lot of pre-made templates and I created mine by just tweaking the one I really liked. All my contacts are easy to manage and to organize. I’m building my email list with their plugin for Wordpress and that works fine as well.

Cons

Free plan don’t have a possibility to create drip campaigns, I had to upgrade to enable this feature.

Dave A.

Easy to use, templates, support

Reviewed on 2016/09/22

I'm new to Freshmail and I can share my first impressions. I never realized that making my own newsletter was that easy. It was really easy to find my way around the designer and make exactly what I wanted. They have lots of templates that you can just start with and customize the way you want. The process is really simple and a big plus.

On the down side, I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to integrate certain plugins with google analytics. I'll just have to leave it for someone else to help me with.

Oh, and another thing I liked was getting free newsletters from freshmail with advice and tips on making great campaigns - a nice extra for people like me just starting out.

Kamil L.

The best platform for companies

Reviewed on 2018/12/28
Review Source

Pros

I think its one of the best platform to sending personalized newsletters ever created. Fast, easy and cheap solution for every business.

Cons

User interface isn't very intuitive, i don't know how to integrates some plugins with Freshmail,i didn't saw simple way to do it. I think better UI or guide will be great improvement.

Bernard S.

Does exactly what it's supposed to do and works well

Reviewed on 2016/03/15
Review Source

The online interface is very intuitive to the users. We have people working in there that are anywhere from graphic designers and web developers all the way to traditional marketers without really a great deal of online experience, and because the tools are so easy to use, it has been a great tool for the entire marketing team.

Pros

I like the functionality of FreshMail Designer. You can change everything using drag & drop and there are tons of additional graphics and buttons to add. They also recently updated everything to make sure that templates adapt to mobile devices.

Cons

Integration into existing SaaS applications could be better and more diverse.

Matt S.

I've been using freshmail for quite some time and it's a great tool

Reviewed on 2017/06/30

Pros

Great resource centre with a lot of know how about the system and about email marketing. The system itself is very intuitive too.

Sebastian B.

Design Manager

Reviewed on 2017/08/25

In the company where I work one of my duties is creating email marketing campaigns. With the system I used before, everything was much more complicated and it took me a lot of time to create responsive newsletters. Since I started with FreshMail, everything is much easier and I can't believe I wasted so much time before!

Pros

Setting up a campaign is very easy. Everything in the system is well organized and easy to follow and making your own beautiful newsletter is easy. Moreover, I like the wide range of free responsive templates.

Cons

Marketing automation features are not too advanced. I'd like to see tighter connection with Google Analytics so I could segment based on GA dimensions and metrics.

Everything you expect from email marketing tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

All you need in a everyday work.

Pros

It is very easy to use (especially comparing to other similar tools) and intuitive. All functionalities are easy to find and use. Even if you are not that experienced when it comes to email marketing, you will not have any problems with using Freshmail. And the customer service is very helpful.

Cons

Sometimes it may be difficult to import data or make some synchronizations but it's not anything which can't be overcome.

Olaf N.

Great tool

Reviewed on 2015/05/23
Review Source

I’m sending up to 4 campaigns every week and I usually I’m setting all the campaigns at once. It’s really easy to do it in FreshMail. Also I can easily compare the results of my campaigns. Reporting system is really detailed and easy to read. Also I appreciate the Code Inspector as sometimes it helps you to avoid the problems with HTML. I don’t understand autoresponders are divided by names - for me it’s confusing. I’d like to have the possibility to select the options later than at the very beginning. However, I think that this system has high standards.

Pros

I like the ability to design exactly what I can see in my head with FreshMail Designer. It took me about 30 min of playing around with it before I was comfortable but that’s no big deal. You can customize everything and even simple designs still look good.

Cons

Not much, perhaps the fixed steps for campaign creation. You can’t start with selecting template for example.

Conrad W.

I send a lot of emails. Regular newsletter, mailings and autoresponders. Sometimes things go wrong a

Reviewed on 2017/06/30

I own an agency that sends emails for clients. We are happy that all emails display correctly on different devices, so we don't need to put much work into design.

Pros

Very intuitive tool, I didn't need much time to master it. Also customer support is very responsive and prompt.

Dale G.

Great User Interface, Not So Great Everything Else

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

Due to the server issues, we did move on from Freshmail to Mailchimp, but I wouldn't say Freshmail is all that bad, they just need to do a little housekeeping, tidy up those servers and consider making English the first language of the business.

Pros

The thing that attracted me to Freshmail's email marketing platform was that, to me, it seemed to give more flexibility in terms of getting creative with the interface than other alternatives such as Mailchimp. The templates seem to have more personality and, design-wise allowed a greater level of creative freedom.

Cons

Here's the problem - I just don't think Freshmail has the cleanest servers. Unfortunately, we had issues with emails being marked as spam and had difficulties with the Freshmail customer service team in resolving this. Also, there were a few language barriers at times as they are based out of Poland and you'd find the software having random splashes of Polish now and then.

3.0/10
Siobhan A.

Really gorgeous email marketing software

Reviewed on 2018/04/06
Review Source

Pros

If you're a design junkie and want really beautiful branded emails, ditch Mailchimp and get this. Drop and drag design, multiple easy ways to import mailing lists, good stats and recommendations on how to get more opens and actions. Just great.

Cons

Little bit pricey once you exceed the free plan, although in line with Mail chimp and other big names. Sometimes buggy and looses edits if your Internet connection is unstable and not much option to design offline.

Helen M.

Great autoresponders

Reviewed on 2015/09/02
Review Source

You pay for the amount of sent messages which is perfect for small retailers. Autoresponders can help you to reorganize your communication.

Pros

It took me a while before I was brave enough to try some of the advanced features like autoresponders but once I did I saw how easy they are to set up. Can’t believe I didn’t do it earlier! Thanks to autoresponders you can set up the message once and it will be sent each time another customer will buy a selected product or click onto a given link.

Cons

It’s not fully marketing automation yet.

Vito K.

Great support than I can count on day or night

Reviewed on 2016/10/23

I moved to FreshMail after using Mailchimp for a bit. I'm using a free account now since my subscriber base is rather small.

The thing I like most is the great selection of templates they have and the intuitive process for everything. They have great testing options as well and lots of help in making your message in a way that will avoid spam filters. Advanced database segmentation lets me deliver very targeted content to my subscribers. And the customer support is really helpful and professional.

I just wish that I could share templates with coworkers using the free version but apparently you can do that in paid version. When my subscriber base gets there, I'll move up to it.

Matylda C.

Simple email marketing tool with great analytics

Reviewed on 2018/08/05
Review Source

Pros

I really like how easy it is to track the results of your email campaigns - their analytics feature is a big plus! It is also easy to A/B test stuff which - as a marketer - I find very helpful.

Cons

It is not the most intuitive email marketing tool to use as it simply lacks at least some of the essential features like the ability to pause and edit your email campaigns once they've been scheduled to go out (now you need to email them to pause them).

6.0/10
Luca H.

Good tool for new business development

Reviewed on 2016/10/23
Review Source

FreshMail is a great professional system for newsletters at a good price. I’ve been using it for almost a year and I haven’t had any problems yet. It’s simple to use I think a kid could get the hang of it.

Pros

The price is very reasonable. Customer support available 24-7. Nice looking campaign reports in real time.

Cons

I’ve had problems logging in to the system when they run updates.

Erica P.

Intuitive newsletter tool

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

With FM I can make my communication with contractors easily and automatically. I have design tools, beautiful free mailing templates, autoresponders. I pay only for sent messages - very good for small businesses. It has very good statistics, so I can analyse almost everything such as reads, clicks, signouts etc. Everything in cloud. ... great!!

Cons

I do not see any weaknesses of this software yet

Hadley K.

Great price for the value. The system is easy to learn and to set up

Reviewed on 2017/07/04

Pros

Segmentation, autoresponders, personalization and email testing. Great campaign editor, very intuitive.

Cons

More direct integrations! I am able to go around it with Zapier but it takes more time to set up. Apart from that good

Alex r. H.

Impressive newsletter templates design

Reviewed on 2015/06/08
Review Source

Definately worth its price! I started from using the free account - which is time unlimited - just to test the possibilities and I liked it enough to switch from the other email marketing platform that i was using. Most of all the features or easy to use and thanks to guidelines in the system it’s easy to learn why and what you should do send a successful campaign. I also like the range of free responsive templates that you can use - it’s a real inspiration.

Pros

Free and time-unlimited trial account.

Cons

Phone support available only for paid accounts.

Michal L.

Very good email marketing platform.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

Very easy to use. Vera affordable. A lot fo features. Very intuitive for users. Easy to set up and strat using.

Cons

No webinar module, which compared to getresponse is a problem. But if you don't need webinars it's ok.

Kinga O.