Bynder

Digital Asset Management software to store all your content

Jenn S.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Highly versatile interface and GREAT product!

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

We have pushed BrandConnect "to the limit" a few times, and have experienced nothing but positive customer service and a "what can we do to make this happen?" attitude from the WebDAM team. They continue to evolve the interface so that it is becoming a fully-customizable portal, which is adaptable for different client needs. Dynamic Templates are the perfect way to allow users to customize marketing collateral, while still maintaining the approved messaging and Brand attributes we need, as well as Legal and regulatory requirements. Users have easy, organized access to all approved materials, and can customize and download from anywhere at any time - on their schedules! This has been a game-changer for us as a marketing tool and I look forward to leveraging all the enhancements they have on this year's roadmap. I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars for features only because these have not yet been released but the fact that they are working on the updates and that this product will soon surpass all our expectations is AWESOME!

Pros

Versatility, all the main features we need

Cons

It isn't COMPLETELY customizable yet, but it is on the roadmap so that isn't even really a valid "con" - I had to search for one, because I love this platform and this vendor.

Response from Webdam

Thanks for your detailed review Jenn. Great to hear we¿ve been a game-changer for your team! We definitely have some awesome features and products launching this year, we hope they exceed your expectations.

Heather O.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Bynder / WebDAM

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

From the beginning they have went above and beyond to make sure we have been happy and that we get the system working for us.

Pros

Everything about having this software has been awesome. We like the Customer Service the most.

Cons

There are a few things/features that we wish it could do but it just doesn't do it...yet.

Will W.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Highly flexible, and a great image-based DAMm system.

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Pros

Flexibility allows for adapting to organizational shifts and pivots. Easy filtered searches make finding assets quick and easy.

Cons

Communications can sometimes be lacking. Some features were simply dropped with no notification, features that were a main reason for choosing Bynder in the first place.

Maribel D.

Review of Web DAM Service

Reviewed on 2013/09/18

My name is Maribel Dato and I work with American Media, Inc.
We recently signed up with Web DAM to create a full e-commerce website solution to our syndication and licensing needs, so in other words, this site helps other clients that are typically business media to license or purchase rights to our content through the site that Web DAM solutions has created for us.

Overall the experience has been very good. We had the website up and running within 7 weeks which is what we expected as a development time. Our customer success rep has done a stellar job in assisting us with setting the account properly. One of the pros to having our website developed by the web DAM team is that we not only got the training from our account success manager but we also got videos and other interactive tools to learn the site systems.

The only issues I've experienced are that when specific functionality questions or issues have come up, I don't always get an answer within the same day and sometimes I need to wait for the next upgrade of the Web DAM system or rollover in order for it to be fixed, which is not as practical as we'd wish when it comes to doing business with our own clients with the website.

I hope to see many improvements from your services and in general we are very satisfied as customers with our new DAM site.

Lee H.

Intuitive interface

Reviewed on 2014/07/03

Our requirement was to find a Digital Asset Management platform to house all of our creative assets, including images, videos, logos, communication templates etc, on a single web based Brand Portal which would easily deploy these assets to a host of users with varying technological experience.

After extensive research, we decided on Bynder due to it's user friendly, intuitive interface which has proved very easy to use and requires minimal explanation to users. During the initial setup process, when we required a more in-depth explanation and demonstration of the extensive features the Bynder platform offers, I found the team clearly (and patiently) explained everything in a passionate manner that was tailored to our specific needs.

Our Brand Portal has been a hugely useful tool in helping us launch our recent rebrand to a global audience - we have complete and instant control of all of our creative assets ensuring our regional marketeers and retail partners can access approved material, specific to their user access level, on demand.

Having now worked with Bynder for nearly a year, I would recommend their DIgital Asset Management platform and their hugely responsive support team very highly and without hesitation.

Ashley R.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Easy to use, robust system

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

I have had a positive experience with Bynder. The team is very responsive, and I really like the platform.

Pros

Bynder is really robust, customizable, easy to use and intuitive which is why we went with the platform after researching options.

Cons

There is one little quirk I have stumbled upon with naming the various properties you can assign to your media, but nothing that would prevent me from suggesting the platform.

• Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Bynder is a great tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/17

Its a great source for all images.

Pros

I really like how this a great source to keep all your images. You can search by any key words and download it in different formats and sizes. Also really love the way you can keep them organized

Cons

Its a great tool, I only know so much of how to use it but some of the tags and stuff to fill in when uploading pictures seem a bit convoluted

Erin W.
  • Industry: Publishing

Life-saver!

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Pros

Bynder has totally changed our asset storage.

Cons

Random glitches make it hard to operate some days

Molly M.

WebDAM Review

Reviewed on 2011/12/20

Overall I would and do highly recommend WebDAM.

Pros

WebDAM overall has greatly improved internal productivity by expanding our image storage and sharing capabilities. Our organization and overall asset management has also improved. The customizable users accounts have allowed flexibility in expanding our users to international field offices. The FTP transfer function facilitates large image transfers from users and photographers all over the world.

Cons

There are some limitations in the back-end/Admin mode with image organization and management. More flexibility in ordering and re-ordering assets and folders, including moving assets as well as ease of batch tagging/captioning. It would also be nice to be able to sort and re-sort images in various ways on the front and back end--for example being able to view the entire database in chronological order as opposed to only one folder at a time. The front end date range search capability also doesn't seem to function properly. Also, being able to rate images and sort based on best favorites is desirable. Also, having more flexibility with watermarking (ie. having the ability to watermark certain images at certain times as opposed to a global setting.

Ann m. F.

Bynder WebDAM merger - so far, so good

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Can't wait to see further enhancements!

Pros

Our DAM provider, WebDAM, joined forces with Bynder this year. We have seen lots of great enhancements, including increased security measures plus improved training and onboarding documents. We've also noticed differences in support that are all good.

Cons

At this point, we haven't seen any cons except the continued changes to the branding that take a bit of time to get used to.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

easy digital system

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Pros

There's simple following highlights which could be improved.The custom API capacities. it's traded Evernote and Dropbox for my computerized resource the board.

Cons

The 'related resources' element is frequently befuddling and document renditions could be shown in a substantially more inviting manner

Sara U.

Excellent product, excellent service

Reviewed on 2010/09/01

I highly recommend this product. Although we don't use all of the available features, we are very pleased.

Pros

We are very pleased with the product and the service. We rarely have any issues, and when we do, WebDAM staff are quick to respond. This was a primary concern before we subscribed, given that WebDAM is on the west coast of the U.S. and we are on the east coast of Canada.

Using WebDAM relieved a huge bottleneck in the timely flow of images back and forth between us, our internal clients, and our external design teams.

Cons

Sometimes (rarely), files don't seem to process properly.

Amanda A.

Amanda's WebDAM review

Reviewed on 2013/09/11

Pros - much better interface than the previous version
Easy to upload multiple photos

Cons - The "Asset Processing" icon shows up for quite awhile after photos have been uploaded. Sometimes I have to wait until the next day to actually see the photo.
Lately I have been having no issue uploading in the morning hours (8-11am) but in the afternoon the website tends to grind to a halt and I am unable to load pages or they take 5 minutes to load. This concerns me because when we open this up to others to browse and look for photos, I think they will be discouraged at the slow loading time.

Victor J.

Quick DAM Review

Reviewed on 2013/09/13

We have been pleased thus far with the services that WebDAM Solutions has provided to our Department.

We would like to see more top goals for the company to be placed on the front page somewhere. We would like to understand what are the company's upcoming goals with BETA program, working areas, etc.

We would also like to participate/attend events that have other WebDAM customers to see how they are utilizing your services/product.

Thane W.

UNK WebDam review

Reviewed on 2013/09/11

The system is very easy to use. Loading images and setting key terms is very straight forward. The only thing that may need tweaked is the term lightbox. We tell people to create a lightbox and send the lightbox to us but I don't think people know what that means. The lightbox is more of a kart or shopping kart. I would think about adjusting that term.

Neil H.

Useful tool

Reviewed on 2013/09/18

We purchased webdam to store and help find the articles, design documents, assignments and presentations that comprise our curriculum. While it can do that, I wish that the ui was more intuitive. One major issue is its inability to preview Word docs. Another is the restriction on length of item name that can be displayed.

Silke S.

Create High-Quality Explainer Videos and Video Based Trainings

Reviewed on 2016/04/14

Thanks to Bynder's branding automation solution, we could strengthen the structure of our image-date-archive, optimize our internal production workflow and therefore further improve the quality of our explainer videos and Video Based Trainings.

Lorena A.

WebDAM Rocks

Reviewed on 2013/09/11

WebDAM is the easiest image library we've ever had. It's completely intuitive, it lets you see really good views of each photo before you make selections, and I love all the extras, like the lightbox and the email options, as well as the photo-sizing selections.

Marc V.

Ensuring a consistent and recognizable brand identity

Reviewed on 2016/04/13

Bynder made it possible to portrait our most valuable assets! An image driven company as Buddha to Buddha is, depends on the way our imagery is available and can be shared in a user-friendly and professional way.

Matthieu D.

Useful & easy to use

Reviewed on 2016/11/24

We really enjoyed working with Bynder's team to set up our digital asset manager. Our teams all over the world are now using this "DAM" every day, this is why we do recommend this software!

Kitty B.

Beautiful product

Reviewed on 2016/02/15

Great software with loads of possibilities, customisable options and an excellent customer support service! Definitely a recommendation for companies that depend on high quality images.

Steve S.

Better than I could have imagined!

Reviewed on 2013/09/11

We have used WebDAM over the last 12 month and it has worked like a dream. We are able to manage thousands of assets between our team that all work remotely. No lag time and very easy to use.

Steve

Lori M.

A welcome addition

Reviewed on 2011/12/21

We are happy with the product and it really saves time.

Pros

We are finding webdam to be very user-friendly. I was able to start using it almost immediately.

Cons

None so far.

Allison B.

Very Happy

Reviewed on 2013/09/11

We've only been using WebDAM for a short time, but I'm very happy with it so far. It's very easy to use and takes the stress out of photo hunting.

• Industry: Law Practice
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Allows for Consistent Branding

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

Bynder serves its purpose but they could do some work on the interface as it feels like users have to do more work than should be required.

Pros

Bynder makes consistent branding from project to project super simple. I also like that you can see what designs we have been contemplating and decided against.

Cons

It’s not the easiest website to navigate and finding what you’re looking for is not at all intuitive. I have to click around the website more than I’d expect frol a well designed interface.