Bynder

Digital Asset Management software to manage all your content

Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Information Services

I love WebDAM and so do all of my users

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

brings all of our assets together under one system and allow access to all users across the company

Pros

Sharing directly from the system is amazing, along with folder permissions this makes the system extremely powerful

Cons

sometimes the functionality does not always work reporting and uploading tends to go in and out and when a new version is added to the system any previous sharing links contain the old asset

Caitlin
Caitlin

Great product that grows with your company

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Overall we've had a great experience with Bynder. We've been able to steadily grow and the new features they have added and improved have also improved our work streams.

Pros

The people at Bynder are great. The process of building our product was seamless and our contact always get back to us quickly with answers to our miscellaneous questions. They were also willing to customize the product to fit our needs and willing to grow with us, given we are a small organization but growing rapidly.

Cons

There are some features that I wish were robust. For example, the Guidelines feature is quite limited in formatting and is not as user friendly as the portal. Another example - we'd love to be able to check multiple filters at once. The photo cropping tool was also quite limited but Bynder recently made improvements to this. Another cool feature about Bynder; they listen to feedback and are constantly improving the product.

Robert

Solutions Architect

Reviewed on 2013/09/11

WebDAM has some great new features that they have begun to offer and it appears the product is going in the right direction. Here are some suggests for improvement: The user interface should be more dynamic and have more options for branding. Perhaps offering different branding options and templates, or page layouts. It would be nice to see some integration with WebDAM with other portal environments. I would love to embed the webdam library inside of our SharePoint Intranet environment. This should appear seamless to the end user. Also, providing integration with 3rd party security authorities, directory services like LDAP and AD should be on the road map as well. Also an ability to verify a registered user is human i.e. captcha would alleviate some the burden on us to verify the legitimacy of a user request. While the Admin interface is getting better, there are still bugs with different browsers. Overall WebDAM is on the right track we are intrigued to see where the company goes in the next year.

Response from Bynder

Hi Robert,
Thanks for the feedback, many of the features you mentioned are available for our users. The last release has a built in CMS editor that you can use to create and customize new pages in your WebDAM. We have a REST API that will allow you to integrate with any other business applications your organization uses. Many other WebDAM customers currently utilize our LDAP integration. You can contact your customer success manager for more information about these features.

We are also releasing a new branded login experience in the upcoming release, along with more features and enhancements. Be sure to join us during the new release webinar on Oct 3rd. Register here: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/647071071

Looking forward to seeing you there!

George
George
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy and capable Digital Asset Management tool

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Continuous improvement. it's replaced Evernote and Dropbox for my digital asset management.

Pros

For years I've struggle with a huge Evernote trove of assets or multiple Dropbox folders. Bynder has replaced all that. Very clean database. Just the right amount of categories and tags to provide organization without requiring an extensive dictionary. And Thumbnails that are big enough to see and take action against. Also, you can share files with colleagues and customers very easily.

Cons

There's nothing I actually dislike... perhaps I'd like better frontpage control over which categories are displayed by default. No bigee.

Brionne
Brionne
  • Industry: Design

It Does the Job

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

We use Bynder to store all of our completed work, but that doesn't happen as much as we'd like because it takes a long time to upload each asset.

Pros

I like that Bynder is our one-stop-shop for all our digital assets. I also like how easy it is to log in to Bynder and instantly see what fellow coworkers are designing. It's a great place for inspiration that's on-brand because it was created by other designers in our company.

Cons

The interface is very clunky and it can be difficult to find what I'm looking for. It also takes so long to upload even a single asset that many designers forgo uploading their finished work to Bynder.

Bram
Bram

Bynder became the primary step in workflow around marketing

Reviewed on 2016/05/18

We started using Bynder over 3 years ago and we've grown with them. From DAM to Marketing Automation we've always been one of the first users and the super intuitive interface makes it that we still use it. We are now with over 70 people in our team and the system still can handle all our assets and workflows.

Pros

The interface definitely. It's so easy that we never have to explain how it works. We're OS X users and everything seems really familiair which helps.

Cons

The roadmap can always be faster. New features are announced and most of the time released on time but we always want them as soon as we see them.

Ashley
Ashley
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Easy to use, robust system

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

I have had a positive experience with Bynder. The team is very responsive, and I really like the platform.

Pros

Bynder is really robust, customizable, easy to use and intuitive which is why we went with the platform after researching options.

Cons

There is one little quirk I have stumbled upon with naming the various properties you can assign to your media, but nothing that would prevent me from suggesting the platform.

Bandaru
Bandaru
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great tool for digital assets

Reviewed on 2023/03/04

Bynder overall experience is great. It having great features, excellent support user community.

Pros

Bynder provides excellent support. It provides advices from experts for helping customer.It is a best cloud based digital asset. Powerful tool for brand guidelines.

Cons

It is little bit confusing because the interfaces are different. Remaining all good.

Sean
Sean
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Very Intuitive!

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

We have added 6500 assets in a short time span, and it's easy to organize and add attributes for all of them.

Pros

The Bynder DAM is so intuitive and easy to set up. It has been easy to get everyone on board, and I already recommended it to my previous company as well. It works like many e-commerce sites with the menu system and takes almost no training time to get started.

Cons

There are some little things, like how I can't approve more than 20 assets at a time or not being able to add a description upon import, but those are things I can deal with.

Ann M.
Ann M.

Bynder WebDAM merger - so far, so good

Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Can't wait to see further enhancements!

Can't wait to see further enhancements!

Pros

Our DAM provider, WebDAM, joined forces with Bynder this year. We have seen lots of great enhancements, including increased security measures plus improved training and onboarding documents. We've also noticed differences in support that are all good.

Cons

At this point, we haven't seen any cons except the continued changes to the branding that take a bit of time to get used to.

Bryan

Great product, excellent people!

Reviewed on 2011/12/21

This is a DAM excellent product and is supported by a fantastic, responsive DAM staff. I highly recommend working with the folks at WebDAM for anyone interested in sustainably managing, or wanting to improve access to, their collection of digital materials!

P.S. a small note about (webdam)/admin/keywords.php:
"A keyword list enforces consistently throughout your asset library. By using a keyword list, your administrators will be presented with the list to choice from when adding keywords from the Edit Captions page. If you had previously uploaded a keyword list, you will have the option to append your new keywords or replace the previous list.(Seperate keywords and phrases by comma and/or a newline)"

*consistently = consistency
*choice = choose
*Seperate = Separate
*newline = new line

Pros

WebDAM is an excellent product with a lot of potential. It is powerful, robust and configurable for most any set of circumstances in which it is used. Your support and customer service staff are absolutely wonderful! The webinars I've attended have been excellent and pertinent. Managing user access to specific folders/assets based on group membership is a fantastic custom option. This system has everything we were looking for in a Digital Asset Management system.

Cons

Parts of the interface are cumbersome. Sometimes it's too many clicks from here to there, sometimes it's just not easy to find the function: in training I've conducted thus far, I have had 3 people ask "How do I move files around? Can I drag and drop?" Managing users (folders maybe?), editing metadata on assets, viewing folder and asset data could all stand some improvement, but the functionality remains.
We've been experiencing some odd locking up issues as well. This seems to be related to the auto-logout function (it would be nice if the local administrator could set that auto-logout length of time). When it locks up, only restarting the browser returns functionality. **Have experienced this in Safari & Firefox on Mac OS

• Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Intuitive system -works great.

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

It's much easier for sales reps to find the content they need, rather than asking me for files multiple times per day. I love that you don't have to slog through folders - you can mix and match tags/filters to find exactly what you want in very little time. It's also been great to have public links to the files (if desired) to send them out to people outside of the company, like prospects.
Way, way better than Dropbox... there's also rudimentary tracking features which could be improved but already have come a long way in the 2 years we've had the system.

Pros

It is very easy to find what you need, and it's really easy to train new employees on it - I basically tell them it's like searching on Amazon. It's a huge upgrade from the folder-based system we were using before (Dropbox). I really like that if an asset needs to be updated, you only have to upload the new version to one place.
Our client service rep is also wonderful.

Cons

It was a slog to get the system fully implemented. I suppose that's the case with any digital asset management system, though. It is also pretty expensive for what seems like relatively simple software.

Brigitte
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Easy place-it, easy find-it.

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

WebDam is very friendly user. We have a multitude of users from various groups with different needs and capabilities. WebDam allows us to put security in place so we do not share our intellectual properties with just everyone.

Pros

Drag and drop to upload assets

Cons

The light box is cumbersome. The assets needs to stay in there until they are downloaded from the people we share with but WebDam wont alert us when the files are actually downloaded by the end user.

Response from Bynder

Thanks Brigitte! Glad to see Webdam is helping you keep your content secure.

Regarding your feedback on lightboxes, have you tried watching those particular assets or checking the download reports? If neither accommodate to your workflows, contact your CSM for additional help.

Arjun

WebDAM for Root Capital

Reviewed on 2011/12/21

WebDAM has been extremely effective in cataloging our vast library of images and even more effective in terms of the ease with which we can extract those images and the data associated with them such as names, dates, locations, industries etc which we use a lot in our storytelling function. The customer service has been nothing less than fantastic. So thank you for this highly recommendable product!

Pros

WebDAM has greatly increased the ease with which we catalog and use images associated with our work in many ways
- Vast storage space which reduces the need for filtration of images
- Well organized folder system with activation options
- Metadata allows us to catalog information along with every image for story development purposes
- Different download sizes for web or print purposes
- Lightbox system allows us to share images easily for internal and external purposes.
- WebDAM's versatility also allows us to store design files and collateral files for downloading by staff members.
- AMAZING customer service! Prompt responses on service calls and high quality and regularly scheduled webinars.

Cons

The only con I think of with the current version of the software (that we purchased) is that it does not have an inbuilt media player to play video files. I have been informed that this is something that can be incorporated into the package.

• Industry: Media Production

Bynder

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Overall, working as a contributor to a large Bynder database has been a mixed bag. Some of the upload processes and interface choices are a bit frustrating. But in general, it's a stable platform that gets the job done in helping large organizations share assets.

Pros

At its best, Bynder makes it easy to find and share resources within a large team. The interface is generally friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

I wish there were better upload options for assigning photo metadata to fields within Bynder or auto-tagging assets based on metadata. The 'related assets' feature is often confusing and file versions could be displayed in a much more friendly way. Pricing seems a bit high compared to other solutions.

Heather
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Bynder / WebDAM

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

From the beginning they have went above and beyond to make sure we have been happy and that we get the system working for us.

Pros

Everything about having this software has been awesome. We like the Customer Service the most.

Cons

There are a few things/features that we wish it could do but it just doesn't do it...yet.

Mark
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Bynder is very easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Pros

What I love most about Bynder is just user friendly the interface is. Everything is in the right place, which makes it super simple to figure out on your own, with little to no guidance. Their API is also really easy to use with plenty of options to integrate your third party tools.

Cons

I would love more built in integration possibilities, like auto import from Adobe stock or similar.

Aaron

I utilize WebDam to manage the organization of my company's image collection for multiple...

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Pros

I greatly appreciate the ability to maintain group permissions, as it allows me to ensure that proper controls are in place to prevent improper use of imagery.

Cons

There are occasions in which the connection between Shutterstock and WebDam takes more time than I would like. There is often a delay between the purchasing of the image and the appearance of the image in WebDam

S.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Very versatile DAM solution

Reviewed on 2016/11/22

Bynder offers a very versatile DAM so a lot of rather specific features we wanted to get implemented were often already available or at least familiar to our project managers. Bynder has a strong focus on customer experience and communication and really making sure you are getting the product that works best for your needs with project managers really taking their time to understand your company and being able to offer solutions (or at least tweak off-the-shelf solutions) to fit your needs.

Pros

Versatility

Cons

Graphic design adjustments do take some time and templates should be a little more customisable and tweakable.

Michal
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

PLMICZ Coloplast

Reviewed on 2021/10/28

General feeling is positive, I am only using bynder product for 2 years.

General feeling is positive, I am only using bynder product for 2 years.

Pros

bank asset, search functions, page and sub page integration with collections

Cons

slow development with new things. sometimes it glitches, but its a minor thing.

Brent

Our use is unconventional but WebDAM delivers!

Reviewed on 2011/12/16

I highly recommend WebDAM. We have been told that we use the system unlike any other customer which is a huge testament to how flexible their system is. They are certainly reliable in many aspects. Their systems are dependable, their customer service is knowledgeable and there is NOT another digital asset manager out there like this!

Pros

There are many rich features such as sending files directly to a printer, emailing source files and other things that save us so much time. The levels available for user control is un-matched. Also, our account representative could teach a few others a thing or two about great customer service! If there is an issue (which is rare) or we're not sure how to do something we simply ask and always get an extremely fast response which is great for how quick this move in our corporate environment.

Cons

It certainly takes time to learn how to use the Admin section of the site. The user controls are very extensive and can be confusing. This is the only "con" if that's what you can call it. All new systems require a level of learning & WebDAM is always there to help.

Dov
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Very expensive and mediocre support

Reviewed on 2021/11/02

Pros

The initial set up went smoothly and the software more or less does what's it's supposed to do.

Cons

For such an expensive platform the support is not at all responsive. The billing department also constantly makes mistakes on the invoices.

Lee

Intuitive interface

Reviewed on 2014/07/03

Our requirement was to find a Digital Asset Management platform to house all of our creative assets, including images, videos, logos, communication templates etc, on a single web based Brand Portal which would easily deploy these assets to a host of users with varying technological experience.

After extensive research, we decided on Bynder due to it's user friendly, intuitive interface which has proved very easy to use and requires minimal explanation to users. During the initial setup process, when we required a more in-depth explanation and demonstration of the extensive features the Bynder platform offers, I found the team clearly (and patiently) explained everything in a passionate manner that was tailored to our specific needs.

Our Brand Portal has been a hugely useful tool in helping us launch our recent rebrand to a global audience - we have complete and instant control of all of our creative assets ensuring our regional marketeers and retail partners can access approved material, specific to their user access level, on demand.

Having now worked with Bynder for nearly a year, I would recommend their DIgital Asset Management platform and their hugely responsive support team very highly and without hesitation.

Dennis

WebDAM fits our needs as a university

Reviewed on 2011/12/20

This product is great for organizations that have been struggling for a professional grade system to handle digital assets. We mostly use it for image files, but it can handle more file types we have not even explored.

The support staff is always very responsive to our needs and friendly.

Pros

The WebDAM Digital Asset Management system really fills our needs at The University of Texas at Dallas.

We have over 300 users in the system and 90,000+ images in over 1,400 folders in our WebDAM.

It allows us to tightly control who has access to which assets, who can download, who can add assets to the system and documentation when someone downloads assets.

There are even controls that let you password protect certain areas for access control even better.

The search is great for finding assets and the input controls when adding assets lets you build a better search into the system.

Cons

The only thing I would change is to make the folder/album names themselves searchable. This would make the search perfect.

Haley
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Experience, Start to Finish

Reviewed on 2017/04/11

We evaluated many DAM solutions and are so glad we chose WebDAM. They're incredibly responsive and down to earth people, which makes it so much easier to partner with them. The software is pretty user-friendly, and they're always adding new features. Even after we were all set up and on our way, they continued to check in and are always available to us. It wasn't a "take your money and run" scenario like you see all too often.

Response from Bynder

Appreciate the review Haley! The feeling¿s mutual. We¿re happy to be partners with you!