Inspectlet

Marian isabel N.
Company size: Self Employed

Inspectlet Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Really happy with what the software provides given the price of Inspectlet.

Pros

When I needed additional information before I conduct an A/B testing I use Inspectlet to review visitors interaction with my website. Inspectlet records sessions, heatmaps, form analysis and errors that the users encounter. This software really helped me in analyzing the problem and planning on the probable change that I need to conduct for my A/B testing.

Cons

None so far, this software is less expensive than any other software that provides you with these kind of product features like recording sessions, heatmaps, form analysis and error logs.

Clay A.
Industry: Hospitality

The absolute best way to see what your customer sees

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

I just love the insight it gives me. You can learn so much watching over the shoulder of a user that is using your product. You can see when they are confused what to do next, you can see when they try to click on things that aren't clickable, you can even see errors they encounter. Inspectlet allows you to do this without the user ever knowing. I do believe sensitive data is scrubbed so you can't watch somebody enter CC info for example so it does seem secure.

Pros

Inspectlet has been so valuable for me so far to help me know what issues my customers are running into with our reservation system. All I had to do was paste a piece of code onto my website (wordpress has plugins for this.. or use Google scripts manager). Once I did that, I just log in to my dashboard occassionally and there will be a whole list of screen recordings from all my recent guests. I just click on a recording to watch their screen and watch their mouse to see what they try to click on and overall the experience they have. I have been able to make our reservation system work much better by watching to see what pain points the users encounter. For example, when clicking on the date range input that displays the calendar so they can select a date range, I saw that many people were trying to click on the calendar icon next to the input and nothing was happening. I have not fixed that so that when the calendar icon is clicked, the calendar is displayed like they are expecting. It is little things like this that I have realized through watching inspectlet recordings could make my guests experience more seamless. I highly recommend inspectlet to allow you to "watch over the should" of your customers to see what problems they run into that you would otherwise never find out about.

Cons

The screen recordings are actually a video, i believe they just record where their mouse is and where they click and when they scroll and so forth, and then when they play back the recording, they just re-display the page and do all the things the user did. I'm sure this is MUCH more efficient that storing video files, but it does lead to some of the recordings not being exactly 100% as the customer saw things. But it still gives me a good idea. Video would be way to data intensive and there would be no way there could be a free tier of this service.

very disappointing

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

Pros

I would like their features even they even worked

Cons

Costumer Support is absolutely awful. They only accept e-mail (no telephone available), and they take days to reply. Also, the product has many serious glitches: a problem that video recordings just didn't work / freeze everytime I tried to watch some parts of them, and then, after some months, it just stopped working. We tried to do some very important A/B Testing and it was just not working. Customer support took ages to reply, and when they did, was to say something as stupid as "the problem must be your js snippet". Seriously? We were using the platform for almost a year, it then stoped working, and was our instalation fault? We lost valuable time and money while paying for a product that doesn't even work and trying to fix some of their problems by our own. People were calling us fools for having decided on this product over all their competitors just to be treated like idiots by their team. Very disappointing!

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Sam Z.
Industry: Hospitality

Good tool to monitor your website

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Pros

The company I am working they have many websites and its very difficult to find where the user-facing issue, I have fixed many design issue using Inspectlet, it is easy to use and also it's very useful for visitor activity monitoring.

Cons

the searching filter is difficult because some time tags are not working properly, also it pricing is high if you have more then 3 websites.

James S.

Was incredible because it is too easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

My website now has much more traffic. I can see what users think about my business in order to improve the services I offer. So thanks to this software I can look for solutions to solve what users do not like.

Pros

I love this software too much for the ease of its handling, and also it is super economical. This software offers you a video where it explains to you all the information about the communication with other users, these videos seem great to me. All tools in this software are very useful.

Cons

What I dislike a litlle bit about this software is that I can not configure everything in my own way, so I have to be too specific with the administration to it shows the design that I want. Therefore the interface is somewhat complicated.

Hamza A.
Industry: Hospitality

Inspectlet is best option to track my website state and online error on it.

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Inspectlet is the best way to get my website actively by monthly or yearly. Inspectlet provides the event option to describe all links by name so that is very helpful to my website reports.

Pros

Inspectlet is a way to track audience activity on our website.
This procedure to help me the correct error on our website who faced users on it.
Inspectlet provides multiple options to track the audience like Country, Browser, Time and very important to saved all activity the use like video.

Cons

I personly not like the view on the dashboard and video listing they are not user-friendly.
Inspectlet is much costly for new user and new website holder

Ciprian P.
Industry: Consumer Services

An good tool for specific user research

Reviewed on 2020/01/05

Pros

I have used this app for a little while and I did find it a good fit for my user tracking needs, but that's all.

Cons

Very few features and the pricing plans are too high for the premium features it provides.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Chris C.

A great way to figure out what your website visitors are doing!

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

It isn't cheap and there are cheaper software tools out there that do similar things, but I still would recommend this product.

Pros

A great way to gain additional insights about how users are engaging with your website. Think analytics + visuals. You can literally record sessions and see how people navigate your site, what they type into forms, and more. This is valuable data to have because you can make adjustments if you notice trends that are sliding the wrong way based on the user's actions over time.

Thinh P.
Industry: Internet

Many good features compare to Hotjar

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Pros

- Link your product users to Inspectlet sessions
- Track user IP Address
- Continuous recording
- Cheaper than many other solutions
- Easy to setup

Cons

- Sometimes it's buggy, showing a blank canvas
- Searching is slow when there are many sessions
- Heatmap is not correct for SPA

Ilija Š.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Support is ridiculous

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Generally useful software but, a lot of performance issues and bugs...

Pros

having an IP address of a user is convenient

Cons

Support is ridiculous, I have a problem with the software, and I asked for help from support but I get one reply to my mail per month basically, last time I got an email from them I nearly forgot what was the problem in the first place...

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Panneer S.
Industry: Education Management

The best of analytics - Great Visual representer

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

The benefits you derive through Inspectlet is unimaginable you can actually feel the user interaction and identify the areas where we can keep important elements of a website.

Pros

Inspectlet is the future of analytics, The best about Inspectlet it gives as the visual interpretation of how user is interacting with the website, where he is focusing more with the heat map, almost every session gives a good understanding about the website.

Cons

The least about Inspectlet,when it records user sessions, the same sessions is stored in multiple files so to view and understand it's bit complex.

Mark W.

Great Visitor Activity Monitoring Tool!

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

I recently discovered this tool. Been using this for about two months. This tool is a gateway to identify all the issue. In the past when i used to get complain that "something was not working", I used to have very hard time identifying issue to fix it. With Inspectlet, I can pinpoint to the issue and address, and resolve the issue. Excellent tool to view all the movement on the site.

Cons

Searching is little slow when searching over large number of data. I wish that it does not bill by page views from the excluded IP address. Billing is little interesting. If I hit the limit, then I would have to pay again. It would be nice to have pro rated charge after exceeding allocated page views.

Jeremy K.
Industry: Internet

Great troubleshooting and user analysis tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Pros

Has come in clutch time after time in troubleshooting user issues as we are able to review the workflows that they went through to reach the problem.

Cons

Takes a little bit to get up to speed but once you are there, it's quite powerful.

Danielle O.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great tool to inform website changes

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/11/18

This tool has been great at highlighting client website issues. Clients also have a real/viewable example of the issues users are facing on their website too, so they're more open to website changes.

Pros

- Ability to playback everything visitors do on your site (button clicks/scrolls etc) - to inform changes across the site etc.

Cons

- Dashboard is a little clunky and you need to spend some time figuring out what each report means/what the data is telling you.

Daniel G.

I used Inspectlet to analyze users experience on my landing pages.

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

I like that Inspectlet allows me to confirm that form submissions are happening correctly. This saved me a lot of wasted money, as I could identify any problems people were having when they arrived on my landing page. What I find is that Inspectlet is helpful to use for the first few months after implementing a new landing page.

Cons

After confirming user patterns and form submissions as occurring correctly, I don't find I use the Inspectlet software much. For 3 to 6 months it was extremely helpful.

Good Way to Capture User Behavior on Site

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Great. It has helped us identify issues that users were having on the site, create solutions and ensure they properly addressed the problem.

Pros

If you're looking for a user experience testing tool that's out of the box easy to use, Inspectlet is your guy. You get session recording, heat maps, set up page filters, run A/B tests, and more. You can do all of this without training. It takes just a few days, if that, to master use of this tool and it gives you actionable insights almost immediately.

Cons

Still get some blank recordings sometimes but nothing that would make us stop using the tool. Wish funnel analytics was included in lower price point.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Get a clear idea of your customers experience

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

Inspectlet is awesome software for anyone wanting to understand their customer’s experience better. You get a clear idea as to how your customers are navigating your website. Not only that you also are able to view when your customers are rage clicking and becoming frustrated throughout your website.

Cons

You get so many recordings that it's hard to make use of them all. I think it's helpful for a site audit but I don't use it on an ongoing basis.

Ben T.
Industry: Defense & Space

Good for seeing user interaction on your website

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

Pros

Excellent customer service and very intuitive software

Cons

The admin is pretty old school and clunky.

Gasper V.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easy to use, but bad performance (recordings are loading minutes...)

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

We have used Inspectlet for more than 3 years. Unfortunately the loading times of recordings have been getting longer and longer and some HTML/CSS objects haven't been rendered fine (and couldn't be fixed after talking to support).

Pros

- easy to use
- price
- showing numbers and input fields text

Cons

- performance (loading times)
- some recordings didn't load at all
- some HTML/CSS objects haven't been displayed fine

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Neat insights to customers!

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

Pros

I can figure out why users are doing certain things, it's like I'm able to watch what they're doing and trying to do

Cons

So far I have not had an experience which I don't like, keep up the good work, woo hoo.

Nothing else to say here.

Taylor P.

It gets the job done.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

Inspectlet was a cheap alternative to some of its competitors, and has a great free option. Some things were very difficult to use on our SPA, like heatmaps, but I don't have many complaints for the viewing experience.

Cons

Everytime I contacted support it seemed like a pretty small team that wasn't moving or innovating very quickly, but they did respond quickly. Some things were hard to use and scrubbing the timeline of the video was often a hassle.

Brent J.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

It's ok, but we switched to Hotjar

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/02/28

It was ok, but the one feature we were really interested in Inspectlet didn't offer.

Pros

Inspectlet had good customer service, and the live recordings were helpful.

Cons

Inspectlet didn't offer an aggregated heatmap option (if you have hundreds/thousands/millions of product pages and you want to see a single heat map that visualizes user movements across all product pages. We needed to switch to Hotjar to get this.

Ayan S.

Great Tool Guys !!!

Reviewed on 2015/09/24

If you need to know what is your customer doing you need to use this tool. I love this tool , it help me a lot to understand what are the things are making my customers confuse from the landing page and what are the things are catchy to my customers.

I love you guys! You guys made my conversion cost from $180 to $3.5

Pros

Realtime analysis and understanding your customer

Cons

Can not exclude some visitor , like direct if I do not wanna track direct users there is actually no way or I haven't able to find yet.

Industry: Computer Software

I depend on Inspectlet to get a deep understanding in how my product is being used

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

Inspectlet was so easy to setup and use. I have 100% visibility into how my software is being used. I can easily determine what is causing confusion with my users. It's better than user testing since in user tests the users know someone is looking over their shoulder.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like it doesn't complete sessions. From time to time the styling is off or skewed of the pages that it's showing. These things are more rare than common, however.

Tim S.
Industry: Financial Services

Smoke and Mirrors

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

The live feature is why we decided to go with this software.

Cons

We paid and have not received service. After one month we are still on the trial plan and customer service does not respond to the inquires.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10