4,5
4,6
Jack T.

Incredible Support

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

We've used Recurly to power our billing for over 5 years now and it's fully integrated into our systems and processes. We're big fans of the ease of use and bigger fans of the phenomenal support.

Pros

While the features and ease of use are great, I'm most impressed with their customer service and ability to answer each question my team or I have quickly and thoroughly.

Cons

No major cons I can think of. We're trying to integrate GoCardless and it's been a little clunky, but I don't think that's at the fault of Recurly.

Edgardo G.
Industry: Consumer Services

Recurly Covers all your billing needs

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Recurly has the best subscription billing service that I have worked with (I have used several). Their costs are fair and as mentioned previously, the freedom I have to set up everything the way I want to based on my needs is the reason why we will continue to use this service.

Pros

What I like the most about Recurly is the versatility, I have many options to send customized discounts, codes, create plans, edit renewals dates, process manual payments, send invoices, set up alerts, customize invoices and provide credits.

Cons

If I can say anything that I don't like is that sometimes a pop-up comes up for support and gets in the way of me working when I'm not looking to contact support. I understand the platform is just letting me know I can contact support for any issues and how but for experience users that know how to do this already, it can just be a little annoying.

Yolandie L.
Industry: E-Learning

You can always rely on Recurly

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Recurly's dunning system is incredible and retrieves a lot of our revenue which could have been lost if not for the dunning system.

Invoicing is made easy and general setup of pricing, coupons, etc are very easy to follow.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and you have access to numerous reports just with the click of a button.

Their support is also excellent. I have never had an issue that couldn't be resolved in record time.

The dunning feature is absolutely a brilliant tool.

Cons

It would be nice if you can refund transactions that are older than 6 months, but at this stage we are only able to refund transactions younger than 6 months.

Poohan N.
Industry: Automotive

Disappointing customer support

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Pros

decent interface. good integration functionality although this breaks every so often.

Cons

Customer service was disappointing at best. Charged us thousands of dollars for collecting on a single bill.
We flagged this to them multiple times but got passed around 5 different customer support people and eventually told us that they wouldn't entertain our request. We have been a customer of theirs for over three years and its so disappointing to feel ripped off this way.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Eric R.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Recurly is the most user friendly subscription UI on the market

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Recurly is the best solution for companies with a handful of products to scale. If you are using the admin UI to do billing like I am it is a very clear tool to implement and use day-to-day.

Pros

I love the flexibility in setting up subscriptions: future start, bill forward, automatic, % or $ discounts. Recurly makes it easy and does exception handling well.

Cons

Slow to roll out new features. Sometimes you set up multiple subscriptions to fire out at the same time, but they will send separately. For some reason Recurly only let's you choose the HOUR (in UTC) that a subscription occurs at, but Recurly sometimes changes the MINUTE. Very frustrating as an admin to manage that somewhat confusing anomaly.

Casimir L.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Recurly reduces churn and makes it so I don't have to think about my billing system

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Everything to do with billing

Pros

Definitely the churn reduction features and knowing that a team of experts are worrying about the details instead of me

Cons

Sometimes I feel that they are focusing too much on enterprise and not on the little guy. Having said that, they still have a kickass set of features for the little guy.

Chris L.
Industry: Consumer Services

Pretty much all you need.

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Easy to track what was invoiced and if an item line is recurring.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy for customers to update their billing information and review invoices, and its automatic revenue recoveries.

Cons

Would be nice of they could include "usernames" in their data spreadsheet so it's easy for me to navigate and filter. The usernames are available, but apparently is not used for data.

Steve D.
Industry: Publishing

Excellent support

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Super.

Pros

The software is good, the API and connetivity is good, the new catalog upgrade will be very helpful for us. and the support team is EXCELLENT.

Cons

Some of hte API limiataions for add-on products. But: it seems that the catalog update may have solved thsoe.

Ryan N.
Industry: E-Learning

Great billing and subscription management tool!

Reviewed on 2020/09/12

We've had no issues with the service whatsoever, so my overall experience with Recurly has been very positive! At my previous company, we used an ancient subscription management tool that worked but was very painful to use at every step. Recurly's modern UI, simple UX, and excellent customer care team have really allowed me to focus on business growth.

Pros

Ease of use. Recurly enables us to have several Personal and Enterprise subscription models tightly integrated with our payment providers and our own backend systems.

Cons

The permissioning system could be a bit more granular. I'd like to restrict my agents a bit more, without hindering their ability to service our customers.

Timur D.

Organized Chaos

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Pros

I love how everything is easy to use, it gives you control over a lot of things that stripe does not.

Cons

Price is a bit on the high side if that was not the case it will be amazing

Industry: Design

Not great, but the best reoccurring billing platform.

Reviewed on 2018/04/29

Pros

- Most advanced tool in the space.
- Ability to customize checkouts with reculry.js
- lots of flexibility in ways to use the platform

Cons

- Wish the exported reports were betting (can't see how many days left in an ending subscrtiption in export -- so can't follow up with them. Can only see number of remaining occurences but if you offer monthly and annual for example you have to custom segment that information)
- Wish the analytics were better (better insight into plan peformance, churn by plan etc.)
- Better email targeting (currently not able to target endings trials unless the plan has a trial, not if they use a trial coupon -- lots of small issues like this across the platform.)
- The emails sent from recurly servers end up in spam often for our customers.

Mike H.
Industry: Computer Software

The cornerstone to smooth SaaS billing

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

There are other good billing systems out there but Recurly offers the best feature set for our business model, billing process, and client base. It is the best for a subscription-based model.

Pros

Our billing process is sensitive and we take our client's information privacy very seriously. Recurly offers great settings/configurations to give people access to the information they need and restrict access to what they don't. Our billing process is smoother by far because of Recurly.

Cons

We have a lot of exceptions in our billing process and Recurly isn't as good at handling these client-by-client exceptions as we would like.

Industry: Computer Software

Solid billing platform that gets easier as you use it

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Pros

It gives you most of the info you need in regards to the payment for 95% of cases I've been working with. Once you get used to the UI, it's actually quite easy to navigate around and quickly grab billing info you need to troubleshoot any problems. Support is professional and helpful.

Cons

If you don't have any colleagues using it already, it may take a little longer to get used to since not all of the elements are intuitive. Support sometimes takes a moment to reply and is not necessarily available 24/7.

Michael R.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Saves time and makes you money

Reviewed on 2017/02/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I recommend Recurly every chance I get. This product is awesome for managing recurring payments. If you have any type of recurring payments that have kept you busy running credit cards every month, you need to consider this software. Its features make taking monthly or annual fees a snap. Customers can get notifications prior to the charge. They also have options to make it convenient for the customer to opt out or cancel memberships, which can save you, even more, time. The cost is great, too - far less in the long run than paying an employee to manage recurring charges. Use Recurly and you can free up time to invest in your business and make more money.

Pros

Easy to use.
Cost effective.
Time-saver

I would fully recommend

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Pros

First of all- support. I really like how helpful the guys are, would be lost without them. I don't have a comparison to other programs, but I feel that Recurly covers all (or at least most) of our needs. I really like the design and user-friendly interface.

Cons

I wish there would be more customization in terms of reporting. Also, I feel like it is not very intuitive. I'm missing some tooltips that would guide me through the software which such business impact. Alright, there is Help section and FAQ, but it takes a while to find required information.

Ramin S.
Industry: Computer Software

I don't know what we would do without Recurly

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Pros

Honestly, Recurly makes managing our subscriptions really easy. We use it every day. Everything from customers billing, taxes to analytics (churn, revenue, etc.).

Cons

This isn't really a con, but it takes a bit of time to set everything up, and it can be a bit technical if you're not experienced.. that's to be expected though for a platform like this.

Lorin Q.

What use to take our company hours, now takes minutes.

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

The program has completely transformed our billing department. The interface is pretty user friendly, but I would say the biggest pro is their support team. The chat box is always available and they answer your questions within seconds.

Cons

The learning curve of how exactly the program works and predesigned, was a little difficult to overcome. There are too many automatic emails sent out, so you really need to know how to navigate & turn them off (or know that they're even being sent out in the first place).

Must have for SaaS billing

Reviewed on 2018/03/24

Pros

The ability to set recurring billing on automation is a must have for any SaaS platform. Recurly makes it very simple to get going. Not to mention they provide all the tools needed to apply coupons, promos, refunds, dunning and more.

Cons

The price can feel brutal. Since you pay not only for the software but for a percentage of your MRR, that means it can quickly grow as you grow.

Camila N.
Industry: Computer Software

One-click to your customer financial status

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Pros

It is so easy to figure out how to use! Basically I get all piece of information that I want with one or two clicks. It's also transparent for the rest of the team when they have to searching.

Cons

I miss some dashboards. Also, I'm not allowed to export the information that I can view on the screen, it's a bit frustrating.

Ryan J.

Recurly - Effective, Convenient, Easy To Use

Spellbinding.

Pros

I like that Recurly keeps it simple and to the point. Time IS money after all, right? It's nice to be able to log in and find what I need quickly through straightforward navigation. An excellent tool.

Cons

Not much to complain about so far. We have been happy with our experience thus far.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Saves us tons of developer time

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

Pros

Recurly is really easy and functional. If you need to bill customers every month and don't want to build it yourself, recurly fits the bill

Cons

They take a large cut of billings that we run through the platform. We are looking to transition away as a result.

Sundeep G.

Recurly - We love it

Reviewed on 2019/10/20

Pros

Recurly makes it easy for us to manage subscriptions and manage billing. There is absolutely no complication involved.

Cons

Setting up Recurly needs little technical assistance without which it becomes little difficult. However this is a great platform

Eric E.

Easy-To-Use Interface, Lacks Some Seemingly Intuitive Features

Reviewed on 2016/07/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The product was easy to navigate and had a very short learning curve.

Cons

The software was missing some functionalities that I would think would be standard with a billing and payment oriented software. The billing periods/cycles were not easily customizable. Ensuring that a recurring billing subscription did not renew also seemed to be more difficult than it should be.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Nicholas R.
Industry: Real Estate

LOVE IT

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Pros

I love the accessibility and ease of using the software

Cons

there are times i wish there were reports where i could look at a screenshot in time and not a current view

Great Billing Management System

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Subscription Management

Pros

The functionality and the support are amazing. Recurly is a tool we use almost daily to manage subscriptions and I couldn't ask for a better tool.

Cons

Coupons! Coupons are an absolute pain to add-in, especially if the subscription expired with a coupon already attached.