Issuetrak

Report. Resolve. Relax. It starts with Issuetrak.

Chad

Maillie Review of cloud base issuetrak - Chad Mohr

Reviewed on 2015/03/16

Before I was hired, Maillie was using no help desk software at all. We are a 100 person small accounting firm. I came from a 400 person pharma company in which I used and configured 4 help desk software before. I have used before Remedy, HP service center, Cherwell, Lifetime, and Frontrange ITSM. I am ITIL v3 certified and this product helps follow some of the ITIL methodologies. We trialed 8 hd systems. I deployed IssueTrak cloud to Maillie at end of Sept 2014. Our employees are gravitating to the system, we now average about 200 issues a month. The pros are:-easy setup/configuration. I did our company configuration needs in about 2 weeks, with the setup of mostly issue types and subtypes. The setup training was easy to follow and I didn't need all the hours. I revisited the hours when I was ready to make templates/forms for things like New Hire Requests. Sync to AD worked after you get the certificate loaded properly. We are using the asset trackpc.exe which pulls from a batch file at login the client and server machines info. Reports have been easy to generate and export to excel. We use tasks for access approval, software request, hardware request and change control. We now know who is approving it and when. Creating a kb article from a ticket is easy. Escalating an issues to a global issue and then linking issues to that global is very easy and it closes and updates notes with any modifications from that global issue. IssueTrak Support has been quick, effective and easy to talk to. I can tell IssueTrak invests money and time into their product they do take suggestions from their clients. The Cons are: sometimes a lot of windows get opened and then it's difficult to find screen you need. Everything works downwards on the page, the more fields you add the lengthier it gets. Be nice if you could just make fields go in open spaces on the page. When submitting an issue you should fill it out from top to bottom because if you have any custom screens, it changes the screen and fields below then are wiped.IE settings have to be set to show content. If two people have the same issue open, the last save takes presidents. Devices that cannot run trackpc.exe need to be entered. When submitting an issue, it would be nice if it automatically suggested a kb and not have to click the KB link which takes you away.
OVERALL, I am very pleased with IssueTrak and I would recommend it to anyone because it makes configuring, deploying and using hd software easier.

Response from Issuetrak

Chad, Great product review. Regarding the request to have IssueTrak automatically suggest a KB solution....I've seen that functionality demonstrated in a recent developers meeting. Just saying.... Customer feedback really does help define the product. Thanks again, Tony

Biswa
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Love to recommend IssueTrak!

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

Well, they say it right! you've got issues. Keep track of them with IssueTrak. it is a standard ITIL driven application with user-friendly interface to track Issues for your organization or your customers. That's not end of it. It has standard and functionalities like Reports, Asset Management, Quick pick and Recurring Issues etc. which will make your life easier. It's not an high-end application though I guess small or mid sized organization will find it suitable. The best thing I like about IssueTrak that it captures labor hours of users, at each transaction, at each updates, at the end of day you can create a report and calculate how many hours you or your team had spent in a work or issues or projects etc. Isn't that interesting? I would love to recommend to anyone. Thanks IssueTrak!

Pros

Quick pick, Recurring Issues, Reports, Note captures Labor hours.

Cons

It's slow.
Email notification setup gets bug sometimes.
It lacks in connecting different modules like Organization, Users and Issue Type. Like you can not see what are the issue types supported by the organization if you are at the organization page. You can not add/remove groups from user if you are at the user page.

DJ

Lacking Key Features

Reviewed on 2016/02/09

I have used one other ticket tracking system before and for this system to allow multiple users to have the same issue open and editing is such an unfortunate design flaw. Make sure you have a rock-solid process in place otherwise you will be reaching out to people via phone or email at the same time! This makes our group seem horribly inefficient. Also to allow multiple Assets with the same serial number to be entered successfully? How is that helping to eliminate the duplicate entry of inventory items? Not only were we told that these are not under design but not even prepared for future designs.

Response from Issuetrak

We appreciate your feedback. Both items you mention are good suggestions for improvement.

Many Issuetrak customers employ our "Assign To Me" feature so that agents can grab an unassigned issue from the queue. That issue is then removed from the queue, and other agents won't try to grab it. But this method doesn't prevent the problem you mention 100%. I checked UserVoice, and I see several other people have requested more robust handling of simultaneous updates. I contacted our product manager, and he says this is an issue we will be addressing.

The other problem isn't so clear-cut. There could be times when it is OK to have assets with the same serial numbers. What if they come from different manufacturers?

I see Arbitration Forums has been a customer for almost nine years! We've enjoyed working with you and your colleagues over the years.

If you have any more suggestions, please let us know, or feel free to put them directly into issuetrak.uservoice.com.

Th
  • Industry: Food Production

Lifesaver

Reviewed on 2023/02/07

Overall the staff has been professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

Overall the staff has been professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

Issuetrak has been a lifesaver, cutting down on continues hours of data entry.From building the data base for our needs, to the customer support team for questions the staff has been professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

It took sometime ironing out our processes but it was a true team effort!

Response from Issuetrak

Thank you for your honest review! We're delighted to hear that you have found Issuetrak to be a lifesaver for your business operations! Your feedback has been relayed to our Product team, but if you have any additional feedback about our software and how we can improve, don't hesitate to submit your ideas to our feedback form on our website, https://www.issuetrak.com/feedback, which goes directly to our Product team. Thank you again!

We used it for end user issues tracking at active phase of the project

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

We've got some experience how to set up better process for our end-users issues tracking

Pros

What I liked the most is ability to configure custom processes per team.
Also if team-specific setup worked good for single team, it was easy to share it with other teams.
Most of our clients liked escalation feature. As we were a small team, sometimes reminder that some issue is on hold is too long on hold worked as additional motivational factor.
We also liked a feature, that allowed to set up custom rules for issues assignment. E.g. if someone is good at something or someone's action/approval is the first step of something, some kind of issues goes to him/her automatically.

Cons

They are good when you use only current set of features and experience no issues.
As soon as you experience an issue or wait for their software upgrade, timelines are really unpredictable (company has been working at different pace allover the time).

Bruce
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Not enough stars

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

Although I rate Issuetrak highly, by star reckoning, all categories look equally strong. This is not the case. Where these folk truly shine is in the Customer Support arena. These guys rock! And, they use their own software. Submitting an issue with them is just like what we do in our office. And seeing how they use their product gives us a better understanding how we may do things. Its great!
Please forgive my hasty opinions. I've only been using their product for almost 20 years. I could be wrong. BTW: We're hosted in the cloud now. Yeeha!

Pros

Its hosted.

Cons

When searching issues, cannot click back button. Must start search all over.

ASP programming scares me a little in this decade. Glad it is in the cloud for our security sake.

Response from Issuetrak

Thank you for your kind words, Bruce. We appreciate feedback, both positive and constructive, and are always seeking ways to improve our offerings. I have documented your feedback concerning the functionality of search and the use of ASP and will share this information with our developers. Thanks again!

Jason

It's like having a swiss army knife for business management

Reviewed on 2022/05/24

Pros

Issuetrak has a great workflow, with easy to set up templates, this allows us to manage requests in a timely manner and get tickets assigned to the correct person and closed in a reasonable amount of time.

Cons

It does time you out rather quickly, it would be nice to be able to keep it open and not have t keep signing in every time I need to respond to a ticket

Response from Issuetrak

Jason, thanks for the review! We're so glad that Issuetrak has helped you manage requests. We also want to let you know that you can control the session timeout setting! If you are a Cloud customer, you should be able to do this yourself. To set the user session timeout, enter a value (in minutes) for the Session Timeout setting. (Note that this value must be less than the MVC application pool's recycle time in IIS.) If you are using Issuetrak on-premises, this is controlled by your own administrators. If we can help you any further, please don't hesitate to email Support!

Ed
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

On-Premise user - for about 4 years now...

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

as an IT dept, we have used IssueTrak to maintain all our Inventory, Contracts, Contacts, setup automatic reminders for Renewals...used PC-Trak (until recently) for Inventory.

we publish our internal info as KB articles and that comes in quite handy for little-used but very-important means of troubleshooting and knowledge transfer.

their tech support is super-responsive and there hasn't been a problem with their product that couldn't be resolved....suffice to say, we really haven't had that many 'issues' with it anyhow.

once you get your own concept down of the Hierarchy (global and such) then it's very simple to use...and customizable to way YOU want to 'think' or how u want to use it.

we did eval several other products 4 years ago, when we choose this...and haven't looked back.

Pros

customization , quick-pick setups for repetitive tasks/scenarios

Cons

small learning curve...but then is easy-peasy

Jakub
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

We have implemented the Issue Trak across 25 countries in Europe from a scratch to a perfection...

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Transparency on issue resolution and reporting purposes.

Transparency on issue resolution and reporting purposes.

Pros

We are not currently using all features available from Issue Trak but this system is continuously developing that we will have to integrate more system into Issue Trak - e.g. knowledge base, external/internal requests, proposals for product improvement/new product introduction, etc..

Cons

We would really appreciate multilingual version that may help us to use Issue Trak in more areas. Sometimes it was hard to understand all permissions that are given by Organization, department and user account settings e.g. if somebody sends you e-mail from the system you can see any issue that your permissions does not allow.

Sean

Overall Good Value and Decent System

Reviewed on 2016/03/04

The IssueTrak system is overall a good product, but is held back by some built in limitations. For basic ticketing and tracking purposes it is a great value. Limited customization prevents you from fully fitting the software into an existing support model or the ITIL framework.

Pros

The built in KB and issue escalation rules are nice. The reporting is pretty good once you get a hang of it. The AD integration works well overall. Support has been great when it was needed, and the company seemed very interested in feedback for possible future improvement.

Cons

Lacks the ability to customize email intake and agent interface. The Task feature of the tickets is pretty poorly implemented and is usable mainly only for done/not done type tasks where no notes are required.

Scott

Great software for phone or email support issues.

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Daily usage for our customer support center.

Daily usage for our customer support center.

Pros

We use this software to handle incoming support calls and emails. We point our voice mail server to send the voicemails and forward our support email addesss as well to IssueTrak which then creates a support tickets. IssueTrak Runs and does what it is supposed to do. Light footprint and easy to use. IssueTrak support is outstanding with training and support issues. I would highly recommend!

Cons

I would like to see Secure SSL email support added and better mail controls inside the Web management. The configuration could be a little easier to understand as far as rules and responses go but the support team will help you get it to do what you need.

Response from Issuetrak

Thank you for the feedback Scott - we're happy to hear how happy you are with our product and support! The latest version of Issuetrak provides the functionality you're looking for - have you considered working with support and your account manager on upgrading?

Laura

My experience with IssueTrak

Reviewed on 2023/02/07

My organization has really benefitted from utilization of this software. Your team has been amazing to work with!

Pros

This software was easy to customize for my organization's needs. Implementation was very smooth with expert assistance from [sensitive content hidden]. The team was very flexible in working within our timeline. This system is far better than our prior system, and the reporting capabilities, auto-escalation, and automated report functions are outstanding!

Cons

That we didn't start using this sooner!

Response from Issuetrak

Thank you for your kind review, Laura! We're delighted to hear that you have found our automation and reporting tools useful for your business operations! If we can improve in any way, please use this form on our website, https://www.issuetrak.com/feedback, which goes directly to our Product team. Thank you again!

Salman

Simple and Effective

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Solves end-users needs to submit their requests quickly, also IT Admins can better track all the requests and report.

Pros

The ability to customise the software to meet our needs
Report generator tool is pretty extensive
Email to ticket, made end-users life easier
Overall a decent product

Cons

Installation is bit tricky
Only search users beginning with last name of the user, some time can be annoying
As an admin when I send reply to tickets it goes using my personal work email rather than the support email, I constantly have to cc support email and advise users to Reply All when sending replies.

Craig

IssueTrak and don't look back

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

This is a solid product with top shelf customer support. I've used several of the big ones which all have their own share of issues (no pun intended). IssueTrak handles our facility issues well. With automated ticket creation and pass-through authentication it is simple for users to create tickets. On the dashboard page I can get an overview that benefits my position as IT Director to know at a glance what is happening.
No system is perfect which is why this isn't a pure 5 star review but with a quality product offering combined with good prices and the best customer service I've come across in years, don't hesitate to give IssueTrak a chance.

Pros

customer support

Cons

little ugly on the user interface side.

Richard
  • Industry: Higher Education

Issuetrak on the move

Great!

Great!

Pros

emailing IT request in to the system, works with MS365The upgrades in the last 24 months

Cons

Knowledge Base and Calendar system need an upgrade

Response from Issuetrak

Thank you for your honest review, Richard! Looks like there are a few features working well for you and a few we can improve upon. Mediocre isn't in our vocabulary, so we've relayed your feedback to our Product team so we can continue improving our software, including the Knowledge Base and calendar view. Thank you again!

We have been using Issuetrak for over 5 years

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Overall, Issuetrak is a great tool for use to track and resolve our clients issues.

Pros

We are an MSP and repair center and Issuetrak makes it very easy for our clients to place help tickets. The ability to scheduled and generate reports on the fly also helps to find trends check metrics.

Cons

The UI could use some work. There is also a small learning curve, so we have to spend some time with new clients to get use to the system.

Ivan
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Core part of our IT support - I love the way it categorizes the different issues.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

As I mentioned IssueTrak help us to communicate with our customers more efficiently. The response time dropped.

Pros

Cost effective solution compared to the others on the market. It give us great value for the money - the response time dropped drastically. Now we are able to assist to our customers promptly and efficiently. I can track tickets and provide info related to other departments without even having to pick up the phone.

Cons

I would like to see more from the mobile version. Also it takes more time to set the system generated emails to the end users.

Luanne
  • Industry: Public Safety

Issuetrak Application review

Reviewed on 2022/05/20

I have had very positive experiences with support for application development\training to support. Very fast in getting questions\issues resovled.

Pros

Ease of adding work orders and tracking what has been submitted.

Cons

Admin features are sometimes hard to find a component where you want to add or edit an option

Debbie

Issue Trak is a great tool for our use, tracking tech calls and warranty concerns.

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

Ease of use is the main factor . The ability to customize it for our needs; adding drop down menus, and user defined fields makes it beneficial for tracking and reporting.

Cons

Two areas that do the same thing i.e., having a field at the top of the screen to type in an issue number, as well as a menu function for the issue number.

Justin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Horrible for anything but canned actions

Reviewed on 2015/09/30

Pros

Small footprint on server and runs on Windows. We didn't have to install some appliance or other modified Linux variation to get the software up and running. Able to leverage our existing SQL and IIS servers when needed.

Cons

Functionality, they claim it is highly flexible and has workflow but there is no logic short of a yes no response system. The flexibility for any department outside of a single use is frustrating and process automation only really sends notifications there is no automation but instead reporting of when you completed something. Simple workflow related tasks are non-existent such as creating a new issue to handle a flow item, this causes you to have to try and include all outcomes for a workflow item.

Sarah

Great product for all IT/helpdesk need

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

Issuetrak meets all our IT/helpdesk need. The system is very simple to use; hence it requires no training for the users. The software is flexible that we were able to customize it to fit our needs perfectly. I am most impressed with their customer support team. They are always courteous but most of all, they really know their stuff!

Pros

Great sales and support team.

Danna
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Clean and Professional

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Professional Customer Service

Professional Customer Service

Pros

The software is professional and keeps a record of all things billing and customer support related which is very important in my line of business.

Cons

I do not have any complaints, the system is great! Everything is up to date and works to my liking.

• Industry: Telecommunications

OK Ticketing system

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

Not best application, has lots of issues.
but yet simple and easy to use. Will get the job done for small organization.

Cons

Not best application, has lots of issues.
but yet simple and easy to use. Will get the job done for small organization.

Ethan

Comprehensive but a little dated

Reviewed on 2016/12/12

Issuetrak is really robust and offers a pretty comprehensive solution for teams and organizations. We're able to setup efficient work flows so individuals and teams handle their own tickets and task.

My main complaint is that there doesn't seem to be a great solution for custamizing Issuetrak in a way that doesn't lock us into the version we have. We made a few hard code changes to make Issuetrak fit our work flow but now that's locked us into a version of Issuetrak and limits our support options. The one thing that would be nice is if Issuetrak added hooks/methods to tie in unique scripts into sections of the forms or in-between processes.

Pros

Robust and comprehensive. It's well established and offers most of the needs of large organization work flows.

Cons

I wish there were ways to inject unique code into forms and processes for customizations without locking you into versions.

David

Issuetrak

Reviewed on 2021/10/22

Pros

Once it is customized it is easy to use.

Cons

Figuring out how to customize ticket presentation and limits of doing so.