Tourwriter

Automate tailor-made travel itineraries

William M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Tour writer is very easy to learn and use. It has allowed us to do more work with fewer...

Reviewed on 2017/11/10

The largest benefit has been the dramatic reduction in labor hours needed to produce a finalized itinerary.

Pros

There are numerous things we like about the software, but some of the major items:

-Ease of itinerary building
-Data analysis
-Report flexibility & generation

Cons

Overall, there are very few things we dislike/like the least about the software. Our biggest problem was the delay of the markup to gross feature. This has recently been added.

Claire R.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

I have been frustrated with Tourwriter from the moment I transferred the initial payment.

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

The software is great my issue is with the implementation period

Pros

The software is great, exactly what is needed for my business however the whole setup leaves a lot to be desired. The whole setup process has been painfully slow and not designed with my business needs in mind. * From the moment I paid the setup costs I was expected to wait 2 weeks until tourwriter sourced an implementation manager.
* Training is painfully slow, sticks to a script and in my experience at least 5 hours was a wasted, they did not judge my knowledge of similar systems and provided a rudimental explanation of task such as creating a folder in tourwriter - I have been using similar systems for 20 years I know
I already know how to create a folder and they could see in my tourwriter that the folders were already organised. I have to think was it deliberate just to waste the hours of training?
* I was told that I was not expected to use the system for daily business operations for 4 months even though I was paying full price for the licence, I find this ridiculous.

Cons

* Again the implementation of the itineraries has been painfully slow. I purchased 5 hours for the implementation of the itinerary to suit my business needs, after receiving my requests I was told it would be a total of 8 hours, now the itineraries are created in (what looks like) PHP coding. Having some knowledge of HTML I have been able to change text, colours sizes and perform basic tasks and I feel for an experienced user the tasks I asked tourwriter to undertake could be completed well within 5 hours, it seemed to me to be simple. To be fair to tourwriter stated they would not charge however I do feel that the coding came nowhere close to 8 hours so again it has made me question tourwriter, Also it is now 10 weeks since I bought tourwriter and I STILL do not have an itinerary designed especially for my business.

I do feel that tourwriter work the training and implementation totally around the needs of the tourwriter business and NOT around the needs of the customer.

The system itself is great however Tourwriter really need to focus on the customers needs, listen to their requirements and provide a usable system within at least 1 month not 4 months.

At present I would not recommend tourwriter due to the continual issues arising from the implementation process.

Xavi F.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Ideal for real travel agencies

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

Great experience customizing tirps.

Pros

Amazing software that makes you saving times and customizing trips.

Cons

Price, if you are a small company price is maybe an issue, but even that it really saves time and work, worth it.

Great Tour Operator Software

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

It makes it easier for me to present my tours.

Pros

With Tourwriter you will be able to present you tour products in a nice and professional way which your customers will love. Tourwriter has a great customer service.

Denise C.

TourWriter is easiest to instal and use tour operator software

Reviewed on 2009/11/03

Superb software for any small to mid size tour opertaor....can see why they are doing so well!

Pros

Useability
Flexibility
Size
Support

Cons

Accounting not integrated

Kathy C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great implementation support! Easy to work with, full of helpful ideas and ways to improve...

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Better workflow. Easier to train,cross train. All of my staff can see what has been sold or quoted so nor more confused sales agents trying to figure out what another agent quoted or booked. The tool is easy to learn, so when we hire new staff, it is faster to get them ready to sell.

Pros

Putting together an itinerary is quick and easy for our sales agents. Sending the booking request to the vendors is now a process that only takes a minute. Before TourWriter it was a very long process and there was a great potential for human errors. They are always willing to talk about a problem that may come up and offer a variety of solutions. This allows us to decide which solution is best for our company. They have great people working for them who really take the time to listen and explain and never seem to tire of our many questions! Our booking process has become very streamlined and we are now able to hire and train new sales agents since TourWriter is easy to learn and use. We have just completed the set up for our accounting module and plan to roll out the Groups module in the fourth quarter.

Cons

If TourWriter had the ability to assign a task to a co-worker then it would be perfect! We would then be able to get rid of the steps we have to add to Asana for each booking we process. Currently, the tasks in the to do list can only be set up for the person assigned to the booking. But we have many team members doing differnt tasks on each booking, so if we could assign them to the person responsible, then we would not have to go outside of TourWriter to do anything!

Response from TourWriter

Kathy, thank you very much for taking the time to review Tourwriter. We are delighted that you are already reaping the time saving benefits that Tourwriter provides. We are also thrilled to hear that you have been well looked after by the broader Tourwriter Team and that training new staff is quick and easy for all concerned.

With regard to the item on your wish-list, we love customer feedback, and you will be excited to learn that the ability to assign tasks to a co-worker is on our Product Roadmap, for release at the end of the next quarter. In addition to this we plan to enhance the feature further by allowing you to optionally set default due dates for both your tasks (e.g. send a follow-up email 7 days after the client returns home), and task reminders sent to your team.

If there is anything else you can think of, that will help us make Tourwriter your one stop shop for all your Tour Operator operational needs, please let us know!

Melissa N.

Artsy and efficient

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Pros

I loved using such an efficient software that allowed me to bring my tour packages to life for my clients. You could add photos and maps or videos to really draw in clients attention. A lot of the information you needed or wanted about a hotel or a restaurant or destination was already in the software to use

Cons

There were a few kinks with formating when we would save our finished version of our travel documents but they were easy enough to fix

Response from Tourwriter

Thank you Melissa for your review of Tourwriter. We are delighted you are able to bring your itineraries to life through Tourwriter and are seeing the benefits of the software. We are also pleased we were able to resolve the issues mentioned with ease and provide a solution for you. We really enjoy working with you. Thanks again for taking the time to post your review. Amanda and the Tourwriter team

Samuel R.

Wonderful software

Reviewed on 2015/07/24

TourWriter is a wonderful software for travel agencies. It has changed the way we do our job helping us saving time and being more efficient!
The support and training has been wonderful. It took us a few months to implement the software and start working with it BAU but thanks to the training and support service this process has been easy.
Thank you so much for making our work easier!!

Response from TourWriter

Thanks Samuel, it's great that the TourWriter Implementation went smoothly, and you're enjoying the ongoing support. Most importantly we love to hear that TourWriter has transformed your Spanish travel business. and given you the platform to grow profitably. We love to hear that our clients are growing with us!

Laura N.

Happy Customers

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

All Blacks Tours has been a client of Tour Writer since the business started in 2012. All Blacks Tours utilises Tour Writer software for the day-to-day management of our tour operations. This includes managing inventory, reporting, client contacts, suppliers and production of itineraries.

Tour Writer has enabled All Blacks Tours to alter and improve its use of the software as the business has developed and needs have been recognised. Continual improvements of the Tour Writer software means that we are always finding ways of improving our business processes.

We recommend Tour Writer to any similar businesses.

Deepak B.

Review of TourWriter

Reviewed on 2013/10/08

This is fantastic software for travel companies:
i just love few features which not only saves time but are very handy in day to day operations.
like:
1. Client location report
2. itineraries and vouchers are created while you are costing an itinerary
3. group costing (saves you a lot of time)
4. make bookings with press of a button
5. send itinerary and vouchers straight from the system
6. Cloud based system so accessible from anywhere. i can hire staff in India and save cost.
7. No fear of losing data.

if initial set up is done properly, can save you heaps of time later on.

Laia B.

A good help to organize travel information

Reviewed on 2014/12/10

Tour Writer allows you to register all the traveller information, from the clients' wishes to the flight schedule and the description of the tours. Sometimes it is difficult to standardise the program for all the different companies, that's why some details still need to be improved. But it is absolutely a good tool to have all the information registered and organized in the same place.

Luke R.

Terrible - More hassle than its worth

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Terrible. I cant believe i'm still trying to deal with them but once you've invested as much time and personal hours as we have its hard to go back.

Don't make the same mistake we did and cut your loses before you even start. Find another system.

Pros

It works after many many many hours of implementation. I'm talking 12 months +

Cons

The product knowledge of the implementation team is terrible. It has taken us over 12 months to try and get the implementation complete and we were always timely in getting our tasks completed. The problem stems from an itinerary template we signed up for as one of their standard available simply did not work. Then they would not read emails or action them until weeks later this took almost 3 months to get something that should have been pretty much ready off the shelf. Then their allocation system did not work, once again delayed by implementation team not reading and actioning emails we sent noting the errors. Then the API would not send all the data they said it would. Once again no response or action to issues that were raised for months until they finally pulled their finger out and talked through the issues with us and finally they tested it and then they see that it doesnt work the way they say it was meant to and they finally make changes. When they decide to action some changes it can happen quickly but thats once things have been escalated almost as high as they can go. The entire system is better off as a result of our stuggles because quite simply many aspects simply did not work in a way that was logical to even a very small tour operator such as ourselves.

Response from Tourwriter

Typical implementations take 12-16 wks. Occasionally, customers have requirements that differ from a typical tour operator business. In instances like this the intricacies are not fully understood until implementation is underway. Sail Ningaloo run a cruise company with allocations by sail date; this unique quality required a different way of managing allocations compared to all of our other customers.

Delays were incurred due to the development of a custom API and specific allocation requirements, which proved to be complex bodies of work. Had the complexity of the customisation been clearer at the outset we would have been able to set more accurate expectations.

In recognition of the longer than expected process Sail Ningaloo received a discount of 80% on their original report quote; hours of costly development were also provided free of charge.

We have now delivered all items Sail Ningaloo have requested and they have recently renewed their Tourwriter Licence for another year.

David F.
  • Industry: Wholesale

All in one place

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

Keeps all my data in one place, can access online or offline.

Cons

The treatment of foreign currency as an 'inverse rate'

Response from Tourwriter

David, thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough Tourwriter review. We are sincerely delighted to hear that you enjoy working with us as much as we enjoy working with you. It is great to hear the keeping of your data in one place and being able to access it both on and offline provides you such a positive benefit. In regards to treating foreign currency as an inverse rate, we appreciate your input and are committed to enhancing our product where possible. Keep soaring! The Tourwriter team.

Kim B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Hard to set up, but extremely customizable. Saves time, prevents mistakes

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

It's a little hard to get this set up, probably because it is very customizable. Once it is set up, it works really well. Team is friendly and supportive and will work with your deadlines.

Pros

Very customizable with the help of their very capable programming team, helps save time and prevent mistakes in itineraries

Cons

Really hard to figure out most efficient way to use it at first- so many variables in travel!

Response from TourWriter

Kimberly, thank you for the kind words! One of the most pleasant clients our team has had the pleasure of working with. Glad we could help with automating all of the tedious manual processes that were obstructing efficiency of the business. Looking forward to more years of continued mutual success!

Sebastien M.

Key software for our DMC

Reviewed on 2017/04/17

We have been using TourWriter for 10 years now and the software is at the core of our business, enabling us to efficiently store customer and supplier data, match all in itineraries, process book keeping, create custom documents, extract reports, etc. The essential tool for inbound travel companies and DMC in our opinion...

Response from TourWriter

Thank you for such a great TourWriter review Sebastien. It's great that you have embraced the full functionality available in TourWriter, particularly the accounting offering and the custom documents. The way you utilise the data extract reporting tool, to learn from 10 years of business experience, and to make meaningful business decisions, gives you an edge. Frogs New Zealand truly is an inspirational Inbound Operator, making it a niche travel operator TourWriter is very proud to work alongside.

Karen J.

Ahipara Luxury Travel

Reviewed on 2014/05/06

Our experience with TW remains excellent on all fronts - the Database functionality works well feeding suppliers through to specific itineraries. The new publishing reports work well and the support that we have received from TW in creating new reports and customising TW for our use has been very good. Our main disappointment with TW is its limited online capability - we feel TW needs to move forward in making itineraries and data available online and also incorporate a map functionality so that clients can get a visual of where they are going in New Zealand

Response from TourWriter

Hi Karen, Thanks for the positive review. Fantastic news... we are developing stronger online functionality in the not too distant future. I will be in touch with more info.Cheers, Jason

Paul T.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great so far

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

We have just recently started to use Tourwriter to see if it is a fit for our business. We have only been using it for a few weeks so far but are very impressed. It definately saves us time in creating the itineries for our trips in a clean and professional style.

Cons

We have not encountered any set backs in the software yet

Gary G.

Tourwriter review from Exploring Ireland

Reviewed on 2013/10/04

We have been using Tourwriter for the past 4 seasons which has proved to be one of our most powerful tools. This has been able to increase our volume, speed of bookings and even distribution of suppliers across the country, helping to avoid funnels into some suppliers while leaving others less used which speeds our bookings.

Support at Tourwriter has always been fast and productive, helping to adjust it it suit our changing needs which is essential in business.

Great system, great staff!

Casey D.

Excellent itinerary writing tool

Reviewed on 2013/10/09

Tourwriter is a fabulous product and has revolutionised our itinerary writing and has enabled a much smoother process for keeping track of everything. We dont use the accounting function, but everything else works brilliantly and customer service is excellent.
The only cons are the cost which has gone up significantly since we bought it and the fact that it's not an online model so it can only be accessed on the computers it is loaded on to.

Carmen M.

broken promises and poor service

Reviewed on 2016/01/26

My company purchased the software almost a year ago, and were told we would be up and running in 6 weeks. We are still waiting to be able to utilize the software to help us. We felt that the person training us on the services was rude and impatient with us, but continued to interface in hopes that the software would come together quickly. We have had nonstop contact with the IT team at TourWriter, and our itinerary still cannot be built as promised. Upon contacting the owner of TourWriter about our displeasure, he proceeded to blame our employee as the reason why the system was not up and running. We have invested thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours into this software and have seen no results and had no support from the TW team. This software is not worth the stress and hassle that it causes.

Response from TourWriter

The reviewer was only partly involved in the Implementation process and didn't go on to be a TourWriter user. Our most successful implementations are when the owner of the business is driving the change and adoption.
Two major factors were; the main people who were trained by Tourwriter left the company just as we were completing their training program and custom reports. The new person that took over decided not to be trained and didn't follow our advice to apply best practice. We offered to retrain their staff and fix up the incorrect changes they had made in their custom reports, for no charge. Tourwriter staff spent around 30 hours of retraining, 30 hours of database loading, and 40 hours of correcting their continuous requests for changes to their reports, for NO charge. We eventually got Tourwriter to a stage where it was ready, they then decided to stick to their previous processes.We wish them all the best

Isabella O.

Shamrock Vacations Quoting Software

Reviewed on 2014/04/30

Since beginning researching and comparing the range of software that could best fulfill our current and future needs, we quickly determined that the Tourwriter significantly outshone the others in terms of reputation, affordability, and support. After testing Tourwriter, and with one to one support we began using Tourwriter in Jan 2013. In fact, in addition to fulfilling the requirements of our current situation, the product offers a number of supplementary capabilities that could prove useful down the road. We have access to additional bespoke reporting, at anytime. It is continually being developed, and developers are open to listening to what we as customers need from the software.

Response from TourWriter

Hi Isabella, Thanks for the kind words. We look forward to working with you as you continue to grow. Cheers, Jason

Mario Z.

Great software for Tour management

Reviewed on 2014/11/24

Pros:
Works great for creating and editing itineraries for people or groups.
Deeply customizable itineraries.
Great and attentive Customer Service
The webinars and videos for explaining features are helpful
Report creation feature is great and the TourWriter team will customize your reports so they are as you need them (our suscription entitled us for 2 free customizable reports, yours may vary)

Cons:
User interface could be a bit more polished, but it's been improving constantly.
Adding contact information / PAX information could be a bit more intuitive and comprehensive, especially for larger groups.
Currency conversion could be a bit more customizable

Monica Z.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

After much research and years of use - THIS IS YOUR BEST OPTION!

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

I own a small travel agency called CostaRicaTravelMarket. Most of my decisions are mapped on a grid. I will research fully, select the market options and grade each value proposition. This is the same process I followed when we decided to upgrade our itinerary management software and we hit a home run! The software if fantastic, versatile and very easy to use. I have to say the production of itineraries, reports, quotes, and pricing documents are very professional looking and efficiently produced. I have used it with FIT's and groups and the functionality is great. Definitely designed by people inside the field who understand fully the quirks and nuances our industry has! I have to say for us, it has fulfilled some CRM functions as well. It allows me to keep track of the tasks for each client, and it gives me great reports on supplier actionable lead times and payments. The implementation was wonderful! Alison is the most professional, courteous and thorough implementer and Account Manager ever. I was told the implementation could take anything between 2-3 weeks to a couple of months depending on my pace of response, as a lot of the actual customization they carry out will depend on the client's specific methods, supplier profile, data entry speed, etc. I was up and running in about 6 weeks. Agent presented me with a schedule on how the implementation would progress, all in a logical and efficient sequence. My timing in fulfillment of tasks determined the speed of implementation - on their side they were timely every time. I read some ones review below before writing mine, and I have to say I find it incredible to believe because from my own implementation, I can honestly say I was impressed at the team work they displayed and the flawless cooperation they provided from across the globe to help me advance in a speedy and efficient manner. I wanted my itinerary in a very specific way, I also wanted two other documents to create quotes and area suggestions. They created all three without me having to compromise on any change. I was in awe at how sometimes I felt I was asking for something that seemed impossible, yet agent would take on the challenge and come up with the way to get it done! Every time! I never heard a "oh sorry, no - that cannot be done...." So my final recommendation is you cannot go wrong with Tourwriter! Hands down this is the best alternative in the market and I strongly recommend it. You will not regret it.

Pros

The ease of use, the cooperation during implementation, their ability to recreate my wishes to a perfect itinerary that works with the industry quirks specific to my market. Finally, the system is never down!

Cons

A few steps in the data entry process could maybe be simplified, but nothing that is big.

Stella G.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Excellent Software for small to mid size tour companies!

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Overall very pleased. Price is right, service is there, I like that they "stay up-to-date" or working on tools and services to be up-to-date with technology!

Pros

Service, customer support, the fact that they keep updating the software

Cons

Would like more functionality with regards to online presence.

Response from Tourwriter

Hi Stella,
Thanks for taking the time to submit a Capterra review - your feedback is valued! We value Asimina as a customer and enjoy working with you and the team. We will be in touch regarding the online itinerary options, as have been working hard to develop more functionality in Minim!
Thanks again! Sarah, Amanda and the Tourwriter team

Andres P.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great tool for our company

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

Is easy to use due our company needs to have very good explain our products

Cons

Sometimes we can issues with uploading images into the system

Response from Tourwriter

Hi Andres, many thanks for taking the time to post a Tourwriter review. We are delighted to receive your feedback. It's great to hear you are finding Tourwriter easy to use and keeps your products in one place. We will reach out to you to give you some support on the loading of your images - as this should also be quick and easy for you. We also have a super awesome data loading team that could be of some help here. We look forward to working with you further. Thanks, the Tourwriter team!