Hiveage

Online invoicing & billing software for small businesses

Theric K.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Where is the customer support team?!

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

I had high hopes and want to continue using their service and vouch for their service but with the lack of customer service response on issues that affect our usage I can't recommend anyone using this if they rely on this service for their day-to-day operation. Should be as glitch-free as possible and even if there are glitches any customer service help we need should be responded back within a few days max whenever possible.

I'm currently waiting at 7 weeks and counting with no reply back and that's unacceptable!

Pros

One thing I like about the software is that it has multi-currency invoicing which we need and an app where we can issue quotations and invoices on-the-go. Overall it should suffice for most businesses out there.

Cons

The lack of customer service response and also sometimes the platform is glitchy (e.g. you have a product preset and it doesn't pull up when you try add to an invoice, and if you add a new customer during the invoicing stage it doesn't add that new customer details to that invoice after you've entered all the necessary customer details and save those details).

These are sporadic issues and becomes an annoyance after a while.

They also pitched a custom domain option (which is one of the reasons we've signed up for this) and it worked initially and now doesn't work at all and says the feature is a beta feature (which was never mentioned on their website). When we have an issue with this and contacted customer service we get no response back and when they do they don't reply back. Live chat = non-existent. Email = no reply back.

Response from Vesess

Regarding the custom domain feature mentioned in this review: Hiveage continues to support custom domains, and the experimental feature that was discontinued was SSL support on custom domains (which was not promoted publicly). We were one of the few, if not the only, invoicing software to try this feature, but at the moment we do not have an ETA for re-introducing it.

As a policy we refrain from publicly commenting on matters specific to individual customers.

Pavel S.

Hiveage Review - Best bang for the buck

Reviewed on 2016/12/26

Best bang for the buck. Back in 2014, I reviewed various services and Curdbee (which turned into Hiveage) was the best for my needs. I am a private tutor (only 1 person accessing the account) that needs regular billing, a summary of all invoices with invoice numbers.
Note that this is not a burn software (which is a good thing! Tax people like this!), meaning invoice numbers cannot be deleted/changed (as far as I know) - this allows you to keep records good for the Canada Revenue Agency.

Pros

Cost for software as a service. Too many other companies charge way too much for simple invoicing.

Stephanie H.

Easy to Manage our Clientele

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Pros

I love this program! We all work remotely in our company, so this program makes it easy for us all to access client info if we are working on multiple projects. We can easily save images, pdfs, any files to their account within Hiveage.

Cons

Only thing I do not like is when I go to download an attachment from the client's portal within Hiveage is that it opens in a new tab for me.

Lance S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Straightforward Billing/Invoicing Solution for Professionals and Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

I've been using the service since 2011 while it was still called CurdBee and haven't turned back since. I've tried many other providers including a custom-made invoicing solution before (and alongside Hiveage), but because of how easy it is to use and how Hiveage streamlines our billing (and expense tracking) workflow – switching completely to Hiveage was an easy choice to make.

Pros

Ease of use and setup. Modularity is a great plus, it doesn't drown you with too many things to setup. You can easily enable modules you need and just not deal with everything else. Team access is also a great feature. The recent addition of a fully working phone app is also a plus.

Cons

Lack of useful and customisable dashboard reports/charts.
Limited customisation on the layout of invoices sent out.
A bit pricey compared to mainstream providers with the same offering - but I still think it is value for money.

Rachael E.
  • Industry: Research

Exactly What We Needed

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

Hiveage has delivered a portable, easy to use invoicing program for our small business. The features have developed over the past few years so that we feel it has every feature we need and nothing that we don't. And it's completely affordable to boot!

Pros

Affordable, easy to use and not over complicated

Cons

Not much I don't like

Dan K.

Super Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2016/09/26

I have been using Hiveage since it used to be Curdbee many years ago. Hiveage revamped some features to give users options from like an a la carte that I find very handy. Super easy to navigate and connects with my major forms of payment. Allows the ability to upload your business logo and just plain works. Its nice to have it send PDF copies of invoices to clients for their records and receipts for payment. Couldn't be happier with my experiences at a price that doesn't break the bank.

Pros

Flexible, budget friendly, connects with major forms of payment, has a mobile app.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to create an invoice from the mobile app.

Rich P.

A Very Appealing Invoice Solution

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

The software is clean and easy to use, accepts a number of payment portals, and allows for recurring billing -- all of which are great assets.

Cons

It's a shame one can't create a "profile" for users on this software. This would be a small addition and, in my view, greatly enhance the software's potential.

Fedja H.

Perfect lightweight SME invoicing

Reviewed on 2016/10/24

I've tried many invoicing apps to support my consulting business accounting, and Hiveage is by far the most useful. When most of your attention is focused on running your business, apps that are either too complex are just as much of a problem as those which don't do everything you need them to. Hiveage strikes the balance I need perfectly, allowing me to breeze through invoicing with minimal effort.

Pros

User interface, ease of use, clarity, and reporting.

Cons

Could use multilingual invoice templates

Excellent invoicing software compatible with many gateways

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Pros

I like the customizable invoice page, the customizable domain, the variety of gateways to choose from, the ease of use, the reliability, and just the overall experience. I have been using it for over 2 years and not had a complaint.

Cons

The only con I would have is that it can be a little difficult to set up if you aren't tech savvy. I did not have a problem but I've held back on recommending it to some folks because I didn't think they would be able to employ it.

Jill B.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easy to use, even for a novice like me

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Pros

So easy to use, does everything I want it to do. I can track expenses and link them to invoices which makes record-keeping a breeze. I love that I can download pdf versions of my invoices if I need to and that it tracks all invoice activity.

Cons

I would like to be able to see the list of outstanding invoices on the app version dashboard - it states the total outstanding and how many invoices but you can't click to see those particular invoices the way you can on the desktop version.

Also, can it be linked to HMRC in the UK to make self-assessment easier?

Niall F.
  • Industry: Information Services

Very Handy

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Very handy for all to use, the estimate setup is very nice too.

Pros

Its easy to use and connect. Clients can see statements too which is nice.

Cons

Sometimes invoice numbers cant be reused/edited.

Holly P.

Great Service

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

I have been using the Hiveage since day one and love it. So easy to use and great service!!! I recommend this for any type of business - small or large.

Pros

Very easy set up and love the recurring invoices.

Cons

Nothing

Nanette M.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Easy to use and user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and simple to navigate. It's always been very dependable and i like being able to see that a client has viewed my invoice. I also appreciate that I can brand it to my business.

Cons

Right now I have reached the max amount of clients. I didn't know there was a limit.

Negroiu T.

Highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 2016/09/29

I have been using Hiveage for one year now, since I opened my own little business and I am very happy with it. I like that is very easy to use all the features it has, everything is very clear. You can keep track of the history payments and invoice. You can see your income for the last 12 months in a very nicely created dashboard. I also like that I can save in my preferences the products that I sell, with discounts or other features that I need. I highly recommend it!

Kevin M.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Product does what it is supposed to...

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

We have had a good experience using Hiveage. It does what it is supposed to do and it is really easy to set up. We are 100% satisfied.

Pros

Easy to setup
Professional
Cost effective

Paulinnho F.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

Before Hiveage, invoicing took ages. I tried many other tools for freelancers, but Hiveage really serves the purpose. Simple, practical and quick!

Pros

It is not time consuming!

Cons

Non.

Lee S.

Great online software

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

Really delighted with Hiveage, it makes keeping track of invoices and billing extremely easy. Support is fast and friendly whenever needed which to be honest was just once at the very start, highly recommended.

Pros

Simple to use, very straightforward and clean interface.

Cons

None that come to mind at all.

Shauna H.
  • Industry: Ranching

Does everything we need

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

We were wasting a lot of time with our previous system. Hiveage has helped us recoup a lot of wasted time and energy.

Pros

Ease of use, customization and customer support. The customer support is excellent, hard to beat.

Cons

Expense for our needs. At this time there are many features that we aren't taking advantage of but we're paying for. In the future I foresee us using many more of the features but for now it's mainly a reference resource for our deliveries and customers. If there were a more basic plan that enabled us to utilize more basic features and pay a smaller monthly fee that would be helpful.

Nathan S.
  • Industry: Design

I was on board after my first invoice

Reviewed on 2016/10/24

Hiveage has made my life so much easier. I can just set it and forget it with most of my recurring billing clients. It's definitely worth the $100 a year to me - just in time savings alone. It's so simple to set up for 1 or 100 clients on one-off or recurring billing.

Step 1. Add your client's email and details
Step 2. Add your own Paypal (or whatever you want) account info
Step 3. Make your itemized invoice - set it to recur every X months.
Step 4. Hit send
Step 5. Wait for your money

System automatically sends invoices, reminders and payment receipts and marks them as paid once the funds come in. I only use Paypal but clients don't need to have Paypal to make payments. You can even track when a client has viewed the invoice.

It had perfectly scaled with the growth of my business, and I see loads of room for future expansion if I ever need it.

Customer support has always been helpful and ultra fast.

Pros

Simple to use and saves me so much time.
Very inexpensive.
No transaction fees, just my annual fee based on the services I use.

Cons

Some functions take a few clicks to get to which could maybe be simplified & an alternate default view for showing which invoices are outstanding would be helpful.

Afzal F.
  • Industry: Printing

The ultimate invoicing system

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Have been using it for over 10 years, totally pleased with it. I am running two companies on it. Totally satisfied

Pros

The ease of use, convenience of online storage, estimated integrated with accounts. Receipt generations and payment reminders.

Cons

I have requested this many times, Hiveage doesn’t have job card integration with estimates and invoice. If that comes in I believe this would complete it.

Magdaline M.

User Friendly, Easy Invoicing

Reviewed on 2019/11/16

I started using this software as a free service, but there was no hesitation when they raised their prices. It serves my purposes perfectly and makes invoicing and tracking projects/payments super simple.

Pros

It's very user friendly with a simple interface that helps me track jobs and payments easily.

Cons

I wish it were easier to find details like when an invoice was sent. This info is buried a little.

Erich B.

10 years + from curdbee to Hiveage I'm a life time lover ;)

Reviewed on 2016/10/22

super low friction fast setup, I recommend it to clients all the time.

great support, great people behind the product.

Pros

easy to use and great support.

Cons

no cons.

Boy S.

Hiveage does it right!

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

I've used tons of online invoicing solutions in the past. For me, Hiveage is the only one that does it right! I was sending invoices minutes after getting started. The interface is fast, intuitive and the invoices look professional. At the beginning of this month I've sent 6 invoices in less then 5 minutes, I knew exactly when people viewed the invoice and with the iDeal & Stripe integration all the invoices were paid in less then a week. One more thing, they're offering a 10% discount on your monthly subscription for a full year! Not sure if the coupon code is still valid but you can atleast try: SAVEMONTH10 Good luck everyone!

Pros

Intuitive interface, quick and easy to set up, domain integration, great customer service, 14-day free trial.

Cons

Simply, no! They offer everything I need to run my admin smoothly. It would be nice to create estimates/invoices from the mobile app but they're working on that!

Luis P.

Simple yet advanced invoicing system

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

Overall, I'm loving Hiveage. It's helping me and my students process payments more easily and keep track of my income and expenses.

Pros

Hiveage provides me with a great way to invoice my students and other clients from one platform. I can create customers and link one-time or recurring invoices. I can also have my customers pay online (I'm using PayPal and Stripe, but it has more options). So I'm finding it really useful. Besides, you can also keep track of your expenses, adding one-time or recurring bills, which is nice.

Cons

I believe the UI could be improved a little, and maybe the initial set-up process should be simplified. But it's nothing too complicated, to be honest.

Jonathan G.

Easy-to-use and customisable - a great tool for freelancers.

Reviewed on 2016/10/21

I am a freelance writer and I use Hiveage for all of my billing. It's very straightforward, you can customise your invoices and then send them to your clients. I deal with a few different agencies and so it's a pleasure to be able to have a contact book set up that will automatically send the invoice to the relevant person. I pay $7/month and it's worth every dollar. At tax time, having a straightforward breakdown of my earnings for the financial year is very useful. If you are looking for an easy invoicing system, I recommend Hiveage.

Pros

- Very easy to use
- Invoices can be customised with ease
- Contact book helps me keep track of the relevant person to send the invoice to
- Low cost