Refersion

Advanced affiliate marketing made simple.

4,4
4,4
4,2
4,3
4,5
Abigail L.

I use Refersion to create affiliate links for my website and blog.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I can quickly create affiliate links to products I want to discuss or feature on my website or on blog posts. Easy to access and easy to create and copy links.

Cons

I do wish there was a built-in search feature for specific products rather than having to go to the website for the product and input that link to create an affiliate link for a specific product. I can still quickly create links for specific products but the extra minute of time savings when you are working with a lot of affiliate links can save a lot of time over the long run.

Bridget L.

Functional, Useful, and Simple to Use

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

I am able to track our best promoters of this product and I am also able to incentivize influencers.

Pros

I like that it can directly track payments and allow us to complete payments right from the software. I also like how you can use the discount codes instead of the links so that influencers can include them on their IG posts.

Cons

I can't really find a con about this product because I am so satisfied with it. I cannot come up with any complaints or suggestions.

Aileen S.

Refursion Excursion

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

Refersion is a really nice basic service for smaller and larger brands alike. Easily approve/deny influencers, create your own questionnaire applications and more! Also LOVE the shopify integration for supplying coupon codes.

Pros

It takes a lot of the manual work out of handling large amounts of influencers and gives you easy accessibility.

Cons

The platform is a little boring/lack-luster.

Mandi M.

Does what it's supposed to... but wish it did more

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

- Great customer service. The team is very responsive and helpful.
- Like the feature to exclude certain SKUs or set a preset commission on specific products
- Easy to use

Cons

- Returns/refunds need to be monitored
- Sometimes search function is buggy
- One application across all offers.
- You cannot prevent multiple submissions: if someone uses a different email address, they can sign up as many times as they want - and if someone tried to apply again with the same email, it gives a confusing error message.
- Payments sometimes show up as the wrong date
- No way to access gift card numbers after they have been sent (without contacting the company)

Maria rosario T.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Successful Affiliate Marketing

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

This app has been very useful to us with our affiliate marketing. We are able to customize our offer, update it and implement hassle free. Tracking is always consistent too.

Pros

Hassle free sign up and tracking of affiliates. They have excellent customer service support who responds right away for any concerns you have with the app and even follow up with us. You can upload banners for affiliates to use, pay commissions directly to your affiliates Paypal or even pay them through gift cards.

Cons

We have been fully satisfied with this app and have been using it for a while now that I can't think of anything that I like the least.

Ken C.

Pricing Surprise and Data Held Hostage

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Their systems are smooth and work well, which is a shame because of their bait-and-switch tactics with pricing. I could never recommend a company that does not provide detail on their pricing scheme, then hits you with massive increases and long contract periods once you have gotten past their basic plan, which is monthly and a flat fee. I've attempted to negotiate with them, but at this point I'm not even sure that I can get my affiliate commission information as it is hidden. I highly recommend looking elsewhere for your affiliate needs-- go with a company that is up front about their pricing and contract periods.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up, and the interface is clean and well organized.

Cons

The pricing model after you have reached a minimum level of conversions switches to a percent of sales and a long term contract. We, like many online retailers, have very little margin to work with. To have the affiliate commissions double due to Refersion tacking on a % of sales commission ON TOP of affiliate commissions, and to require a one year contract, and -- most importantly-- to not let potential customers know that this is their pricing model when they sign up, is very poor business practice

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Chase S.

Great Fraud and Charge Back Prevention System

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

I would highly recommend Refersion to growing and large companies looking to avoid charge backs and fraudulent orders.

Pros

This system integrates directly with our shopify checkout process. It checks for high risk orders/customers and approves or declines orders based on previous purchases and charge backs across their system. This was an easy system to implement and has saved us money over time with charge back reimbursement and avoidance.

Cons

Back end system could offer more information on why orders were declined. Other than that, everything else works great and is easy to use.

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Micro-Influencer Management Software made easy

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Refersion is a nice way to handle our micro-ambassadors. Rather than pay a "macro-ambassador" an exorbitant amount for promotion, we can simply rely on our loyal customers to spread the word (and get rewarded with commission for doing so).

Pros

Refersion was easy to set up. We were able to drive interested micro-influencers through a Shopify landing page to sign up for our ambassador program via Refersion.

From there, it's simply making sure 1.) our potential ambassadors are old enough to participate and 2.) their coupon codes aren't out of line. It even handles payouts with ease, assuming each ambassador has a PayPal account.

Cons

We haven't found a ton of ways to use our ambassador's provided info or organize our ambassadors based on their performance.

John H.

Market leader, solid tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

This platform is reliable and offers extensive features for both affiliates and publishers. Marketing materials are easy to upload and your program will be joined by high qualify affiliates through Refersion.

Cons

They send too many emails to affiliates sometimes and it may cause blindness issues with regard to important emails.

Jessica C.

Makes Shopify Affiliate Program So EASY

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Excellent would recommend this system.

Pros

This was so easy to setup in my shopify store and I quickly had affiliates ready and setup to start promoting my products for me.

Cons

The software was great. Was a little bit more than I wanted to spend per month for affiliate program and it took some time to get over the hump and see a good ROI.

Nequitta W.
Company size: Self Employed

I had a good experience overall. I found all the things that I need on the software.

Used Daily for Free Trial

It's easy to use.

Pros

I love that everything is so easily tracked. This makes it easy for me to see what's productive and what I need to change. I enjoyed being able to tell my affiliates that they could track their progress. It helped keep them encouraged. I was even able to connect external apps and track the progress from those apps. The best part is that I was able to track these apps and not have any technical difficulties on the apps.

Cons

Connecting apps like mailchimp were my least favorite thing becasue I have no experience using some of those features (API, etc.). I found it difficult to figure out what I was suppose to be doing. I was able to figure out the Paypal intergration with the help of the blog I found on your site.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Chris K.

Not terrible as the rest

Reviewed on 2017/04/12

I have managed and signed up for a handful of different affiliate tracking systems over the years  both as merchant and affiliate  and am usually astounded at how bad they are. Especially the well-known, established ones.

Clunky and confusing design, jargony labeling and writing, poor/undocumented/lacking integration to popular software, pricing to indicate that they're all pretty much allergic to their own dog food (whatever happened to paying for performance?), and more.

Refersion is not innocent in this but still seems to be among the best of the bunch. A rich set of features, a reasonable starting price for vendors trying it out, and a design from this century is a decent start. Simple setup and integration to a platform like Shopify, and what seems like a simple experience for the affiliates lift it more.

It's worth a half-hearted recommendation. Still, there is plenty of room for improvement in the design and experience.

Response from Refersion

Thank you so much for your review. This feedback is tremendously important for us so that we know what to improve on. I think we can do a better job immediately on correcting some of the confusion you've expressed. We're slowly releasing a new dashboard for our merchants and if you could kindly get in touch with me, I believe I can make your experience using our platform better today. I am also happy to hop on a call to discuss the remaining items.

Elisa E.

Great affiliate software

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Wonderful! I love the experience I’ve had working with reversion and I would recommend them.

Pros

This is great affiliate software. It is a wonderful way to track how the advertisers are doing. It gives a lot of insights.

Cons

The marketplace is a bit hard to understand for Newer advertisers. I would love if it had clearer explanations for them.

Gabriella M.
Industry: Construction
Company size: Self Employed

An affordable solution for affiliate marketing

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

A low cost/affordable affiliate marketing piece of software for two of our web based companies.

Pros

The cost is very affordable and the customer service is great. The back end area of the site is easy to navigate and visually pleasing.

Cons

It's rather cumbersome to set up (though not as bad as others we've used). I also am never 100% sure that tracking works. I've lost some affiliates bc they saw a large decline in revenue when we made the switch.

Ellese M.

It has been wonderful working with Refersion. Our sales have increased significantly!

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

Pros

The software, reports, and integration are incredibly easy of use. Great for beginners like myself who have never worked with this kind of program. Thankfully the software is easy to use to you can usually figure out any issues on your own.

Cons

The SOMETIMES delayed response from customer service can be frustrating.

Corbin T.

Refersion affiliate program increased our monthly revenue by 10%!

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

Pros

Great way to get your most passionate customers and friends involved in promoting your brand. Sign up form, approval process, and Paypal payments all work well. Affiliates can use coupon codes or affiliate links to receive credit for commissions, which is nice. Affiliates get their own online login and dashboard to check their commissions.

Cons

MailChimp is not syncing properly. Therefore, we have to manually export and import our affiliates in order to send them mass emails through MailChimp.

Randy M.
Industry: Hospitality

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

My email conversations with our rep have been pleasant and professional. She is knowledgeable as to what her company can and cannot do. KUDOS to her!!! 5 Stars!

Pros

Simple to setup and use. Took no time at all to get the affiliate sales process working.

Cons

API is extremely limited. Needs more reporting and CSV file downloading options.

Sara S.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Helpful and prompt

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Pros

The customer service cannot be beat! Conversions can be captured through the use of links or discount codes.

Cons

Once conversions have been automatically approved by the software you have to contact support to deny them. As the admin of the account, I would like to be able to deny conversions myself.

Stephanie S.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great, easy to use and navigate

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

Easy to use and easy to get help. We enjoy using the dashboard features for quick analytics. We receive some new affiliates from the marketplace.

Cons

Not enough features to message and connect with affiliates. Only some traffic from affiliate marketplace not enough

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Katie C.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Customer Service is so helpful

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Pros

Even when the program or service falls short they follow-up and work through possible solutions. The customer service that backs up the App is very helpful.

Cons

Payout methods. Currently only Paypal is supported. Also would like more flexible reporting available within the software. Maybe a report that has affiliate details and conversion/payment details all in one. That way you can sort out what information you need yourself instead of creating custom reports. Customization of the leader dashboard that has our company’s logo etc. would be a nice enhancement. That way our affiliates know they are in the right place!

John T.

Refersion is great and exactly what we were looking for! It does what it says it does efficiently.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

We love how effective and simple everything is to use, from the signups to the dashboard and payouts. Easy!

Cons

We love it all! Literally no complaints about a single feature or element of Refersion, we can't think of one!

Charles H.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

Our overall all experience has been well. The installation and set up is easy, no problems there. Can't wait to see how beneficial this product will be for business. It has a lot of potential!

Pros

Like the ability to have people do the leg work of selling, working for commission. Serious people work harder for you to earn and our products are seen and talked about by more people than us doing it ourselves.

Cons

It would be nice to have gift card options affiliates could choose to be reimbursed if they choose the gift card option instead of PayPal payouts. Like an Amazon, restaurant or other popular choice.

Edwin S.
Industry: Sports

Fine-tuning to SKU levels and to affiliate commission structures are winning points

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Monitoring and tracking email conversion triggers versus SKU conversion triggers.

Pros

I was pleased with how Refersion helps us scale down to SKU level when it comes to setting up a variety of commission arrangements, whether percent of sale or flat rate commission. The tracking capabilities in real time and being able to exclude certain SKUs gave us more control. When you get to understand how conversion triggers work, you can use them wisely to credit the right affiliate in the absence of the referral link being used by the customer.

Cons

When searching for specific products to create links for them, it takes some going back and forth to the website to locate the products.

Jeremy H.

We use Refersion to power our Ambassador Program, and have had a good experience.

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

Deep integration into our Shopify platform, and the essential tools we need to properly track affiliate commissions from our ambassadors.

Cons

UI could be more intuitive. It would be great if there were more pieces of the affiliate process included in the service. We have an application process to ensure that our ambassadors are the right fit for us that we currently have to run through a Google form and manually filter candidates through.

Patrice B.
Industry: Cosmetics

Refersion makes affiliate marketing campaigns easy

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/05/12

Pros

The software makes it super easy to create and track affiliate links and manage your affiliate marketing campaigns. It's simple and does what it should.

Cons

It isn't cheap. The costs aren't always justified so determining whether to use or stop using Refersion is a constant question.