Schedulefly

Restaurant employee scheduling software

Scott S.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Best Scheduling Software for the money!

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

The team at Schedulefly are always available and very easy to get in touch with. They are very responsive and I have not ever had an issue that wasn't resolved very quickly. This is my favorite scheduling software because it gives you the ability to do everything you need it to do without paying for a bunch of options that you will never use.

Pros

Ease of use and function. Very simple to use and allows you to get the information you need.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that has been a con with this software. It is very easy to use and gives me all of the information that I want.

Dustin H.

Really helpful online scheduling

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

I really like how it easy it is to create very unique schedule that caters to the business needs. The website makes it easy for employees to trade shifts and stay connected to allow everyone to be aware of upcoming events.

Cons

I don’t really have anything negative to say about the software, all around very helpful.

Ryan M.

Observations

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

The software helps us keep all scheduling in line while ensuring our employees are responsible for their own time off requests and pick up needs. The message wall is helpful to get a message out to the entire team.

Pros

I like being able to have a view of a schedules draft while being able to edit. It is also helpful they do not need to be both set to the same position.

Cons

It would be helpful to have a feature that lists a prefers to work and does not prefer to work designation that each employee can fill out. Sometimes employees will try to use their time off requests to accommodate their preferences, not necessarily their actual availability.

It would also be helpful to have shift swaps made clear, separate from shift pick ups.

The mobile version of the site doesn't allow me to see a quick view of the schedule for the day of the pick up request.

Patience V.

Schedulefly makes scheduling easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

Everyone is on board with how to use it so avaialbility gaps have been closed and shift trading is easy!

Pros

I enjoy how easy to use this software is. User friendly. Very organized. Easy to update information. Clean and to the point.

Cons

I would like to see a mobile app for easy access on a mobile device. Alos would like to be able to trade shifts the day of. The software only allows within a 24 hour time window but some employees need same day swaps

Response from Schedulefly

Patience, thank you for the nice review! We've got an easy shortcut for you for your mobile device. Shoot us a note to [email protected] and we'll show you. Also, your employer has a setting in place preventing shift trades within 24 hours. That setting can be changed by them to enable same-day shift trades.
Thanks!
Wil (member of the Schedulefly crew)

Jessie K.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

ScheduleFly is the best - we highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

We became more organized and efficient!

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use, but also comprehensive in its scope. It takes care of our scheduling (obviously), but also our staff communication & messaging. It even helps us track staff birthdays! We have several restaurants and it is easy to toggle between them - another plus!

Cons

Really, I can not think of one negative. We are looking forward to growing with them as we add more restaurants.

Hannah T.

LOVE ScheduleFly!

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

We have been able to lower labor cost, increase the ease of distribution of training documents, communicate with staff members on an official platform, and made scheduling easy!

Pros

ScheduleFly is easy to use, customer service is fantastic and employees love the simple interface. I have used this software across 13 restaurants at one time and the benefits for labor cost are incredible!

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like! ScheduleFly is amazing!

Keith P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

User-Friendly for the entire staff

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Schedulefly allows our managers to focus on other tasks besides changing and managing schedules. The staff can be responsible for their own changes, etc...

Pros

Not only has our FOH staff enjoyed the product, the BOH staff also has really welcomed the different options of managing their schedules on their mobile devices.

Cons

I wish it was compatible with our POS system to help manage early clock-in times.

Dustin S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Pro outfit! Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

A lot of times you do not get the personal support that you need when integrating new technologies into your businesses. Any questions, changes, or simple explanation that was needed the team was on it, nights/weekends didn’t matter. The functionality is great from a single location standpoint, but going multi location, the dashboard was great interface was great. Easy to teach my management, and for the first time in a while we are heading to target labor numbers due to templates, and the financial tie in. Scheduling with Schedulfly for the next year paid for itself in the first week! This team is great to work with.

Pros

Easy access to multi location, great reporting tools with fully integrated labor financials.
Very user-friendly, great template saving capabilities, for speedy scheduling.

Cons

That currently we do not have a POS that integrates with Schedulfly, but we are picking up a new POS that will, and excited to see the full integration.

Jennifer D.

I'm a manager and use schedule fly daily.

Reviewed on 2018/06/30

Pros

We hire an average of 150 people to our team for summer, it is the only way to keep track, forecast payroll budget and communicate our day to day needs. I like that we keep our staff accountable and proactive.

Cons

For me the flaws are with the proper use and staff. I think a better tutorial on the payroll forecasting functions would be helpful

David H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Schedulefly has been great for my company

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Schedulefly has helped our teams overall communication and helps keep labor costs in line.

Pros

So user friendly! Some of my staff are not very tech savvy and they love using the app.

Cons

I have no complaints. My only suggestion would be to allow for temporary schedule changes that revert back to the old schedule the following week. They may even have this.

Cody W.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Really helps me keep track of multiple location and makes schedule building easy for my managers.

Pros

Love the ease of use, multi-unit dashboard, reports, templates and of course podcast!

Cons

The way text messages get formatted when I send out messages from the software.

Molly M.

We love ScheduleFly!

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

I love the commitment that we feel from Wil and the ScheduleFly staff. They make you feel like you're an old friend. They are in this business for the right reason, to make people's lives better and more efficient, and it shows. We love the crew at ScheduleFly!

Pros

As the Communications Director, I love being able to easily send along exciting updates to all of our staff, via text or email. ScheduleFly makes it easy for me to communicate with each of our restaurant concepts. From what I've heard from the folks that do scheduling, they love the software too.

Cons

Can't think of a thing! Everything about it is pretty seamless.

Adam G.

Great System!

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Posting training documents to hold staff accountable, scheduling.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to communicate effectively with staff, and post documents.

Cons

Printability of time off requests and maybe some other reports.

Brent T.

Perfect for us!

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

We’ve been with Schedulefly for years. It’s perfect for our needs.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to communicate with staff at a moment’s notice.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. They’re great.

Rayme R.

Schedulefly is more than just a scheduling platform; They make my business run more smoothly.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

Accessible to every employee and easy to use. I can use it on my phone and IPad. I love the daily crib sheet function.

Cons

I can't say there is really anything.

Erica P.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

I recommend SF to all of my friends

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Pros

The ease of use. Makes life easy and schedules simple.

Cons

works seamlessly- no complaints! I wish I found it sooner!

Sophia W.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Easy to use. I never have to spent too much time on scheduling anymore.

Pros

It’s a great, easy to use product that is straightforward and transparent. No unnecessary fluff or extra “functions” that aren’t necessary.

Cons

Nothing. The product is great. I’d recommend.

Mona M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Always know your schedule no matter where you are

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

For restaurant scheduling this is the best way to go

Pros

App is very simple to use. You see your schedule as well as co workers to avoid any mix up or confusion. The process of taking days off is also very easy.

Cons

The app sometimes experienced some technical issues and it would crash. After maybe an hour or so it would allow you to sign back in.

This product makes working in the service industry headache free!

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Pros

The ability to switch shifts without having to call/text multiple people. Very user friendly design.

Cons

The ability to export the schedule into iPhone calendars would be a nice touch. Also the lack of an app could be fixed.

Schedule fly

Reviewed on 2016/08/03

I love the schedule fly app it makes keeping up with my work schedule much easier than trying to write it down or call work for my weekly work schedule thanks schedule fly

Pros

It's mobile friendly and easy to use

Cons

I don't really see any consolation with this app it is very helpful

Winstong M.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Travis T.

Solid, thorough, no b.s. frills, quality industry specific program w/ TOP notch customer...

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Already stated. It's good stuff.

Pros

It works, it's consistent, it eliminates so many unnecessary miscommunications, it empowers our crew and allows flexibility with scheduling across the board, whilst strengthening the teamwork mentality. It keep everyone accountable and connected without being invasive. The Schedule Fly crew are committed to their product and live it through their customer support as well as involvement in the restaurant industry as a whole.

Cons

Haven't found one yet. It is simplistic, functional and thorough by design, happy customer for several years now.

Price B.

We all love it!

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

We have 4 locations and have been using Schedulefly for the past 12 years. It is great a management tool and the most efficient way to communicate, handle schedule requests, write, post and change schedules. Everyone appreciates the ease of use.

Pros

Communicate with the entire team with one message
Makes scheduling a breeze
Our teams love it

Cons

We haven’t found any cons in the 12 years we have used Schedulefly

Ross C.

Schedulefly...making schedule management easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Pros

It enables our users to do everything...time off requests, schedule availability and approvals are crystal clear and easily managed by our managers and staff.

Cons

No issues at all...it really fulfills all of our needs.

Alexa P.

Schedulefly is the best scheduling program on the market.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

Schedulefly is very easy to use. The customer service is second to none. My staff loves the program.

Cons

Some of the servers wish that the program was on an app. I personally like that it is not app based