Schedulefly Reviews

Restaurant employee scheduling software

Patience

Schedulefly makes scheduling easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

Everyone is on board with how to use it so avaialbility gaps have been closed and shift trading is easy!

Pros

I enjoy how easy to use this software is. User friendly. Very organized. Easy to update information. Clean and to the point.

Cons

I would like to see a mobile app for easy access on a mobile device. Alos would like to be able to trade shifts the day of. The software only allows within a 24 hour time window but some employees need same day swaps

Response from Schedulefly

Patience, thank you for the nice review! We've got an easy shortcut for you for your mobile device. Shoot us a note to [email protected] and we'll show you. Also, your employer has a setting in place preventing shift trades within 24 hours. That setting can be changed by them to enable same-day shift trades.
Thanks!
Wil (member of the Schedulefly crew)

Ryan

Observations

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

The software helps us keep all scheduling in line while ensuring our employees are responsible for their own time off requests and pick up needs. The message wall is helpful to get a message out to the entire team.

Pros

I like being able to have a view of a schedules draft while being able to edit. It is also helpful they do not need to be both set to the same position.

Cons

It would be helpful to have a feature that lists a prefers to work and does not prefer to work designation that each employee can fill out. Sometimes employees will try to use their time off requests to accommodate their preferences, not necessarily their actual availability.

It would also be helpful to have shift swaps made clear, separate from shift pick ups.

The mobile version of the site doesn't allow me to see a quick view of the schedule for the day of the pick up request.

Melisa

Simple and Functional

Reviewed on 2022/12/19

Schedulefly was simple to use. It has a lot of the perks that other scheduling platforms charge for built into the transparent pricing. It is a handy scheduling platform, although I do wish it was a little more aesthetically pleasing.

Pros

I really liked the transparent pricing. I like that all the bells and whistles that other companies charge for are included at the flat rate. It was easy to build schedules, different roles, add team-members, and communicate with the whole team. Overall a great and easy to use product.

Cons

Schedulefly prides itself on its simple interface and the 'no need' for an app. I do find this to be a miss for my team. Most of my employees are young and having one more app is no problem for them -- remembering to log into a website regularly is more annoying than having the push notifications directly on their phones.

Response from Schedulefly

Thanks for the review, Melisa, and thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your team! Hit my cell any time I can do anything for you. Wil, Co-Owner, Schedulefly. 704-906-2031.

Elissa

I Love Schedulefly

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Schedulefly is especially great for a restaurant setting. We hire a lot of students and professionals in other industries with already busy schedules. Our staff enjoys the ease of switching shifts without having to come in to hand write on a paper schedule. The format is very clear and organized in a fast paced environment. There is also a great support system if any questions arise. I have already recommended using Schedulefly to friends of mine in the same industry, and they really enjoy it as well!

Pros

I really enjoy using this software. It makes the schedule very straightforward for the schedule makers and scheduled employees. Our employees really like the ease of checking schedules on their phone, the ability of switching shifts, and having communication with each other. I highly recommend using Schedulefly!

Cons

N/A - I have really liked it all - if I ever have a question the Schedulefly team is there to help me.

Sarah

Amazing customer service

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

We've had a fantastic experience with Schedulefly. We started using it with our first restaurant and as we've grown we've continued to use it.

Pros

The ability to communicate to our entire staff. We use the message wall for everything, and it's super user friendly and staff never miss a memo. We also sometimes communicate across all four restaurants in our group through a convenient dashboard which has eliminated the need for back and forth between managers.

Cons

Sometimes the schedule can be a bit difficult to read for some of our larger teams, but there's different ways to print so we work around it.

Ashley

We love Schedulefly!

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

The time I save every day and how easy it is for my employees to view and manage their schedules are the best benefits of using Schedulefly for us. We went from a paper schedule with notes everywhere, sometimes lost in the shuffle, to a schedule that can be accessed and updated at any time, from anywhere, instantly. There is no excuse now for an employee not knowing their schedule or changes to the schedule!

Cons

There really isn't anything I would change. We have been using Schedulefly for more than 6 years and we love it.

Chester

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Communications with staff has increased dramatically. Staff is also able to request and offer shifts without manager involvement. As such, the time spent by management on scheduling has decreased dramatically.

Pros

Everything! The system is perfect for our use in contacting employees and scheduling them.

Cons

I have found nothing about this system that I dislike. However, it would be nice to be able to embed photos. I may simply not know how to do this, but would like to be able to let m y staff see actual promotional pieces and photos of specials etc.

Jon
  • Industry: Hospitality

Schedulefly - The Best, most simple to use, well supported piece of scheduling software there...

Reviewed on 2022/10/18

Incredible!

Incredible!

Pros

There is support from the actual [SENSITIVE CONTENT] of the company and their commitment to helping the service industry, it's employees, managers, and owners succeed. Between podcasts about the industry, calls from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to check in on us as customers, and a genuine concern for our wellbeing, there's something very special at work with these guys. The support is lighting fast. The program is kept simple for a reason. The reason keeps it up and working and very easy to trouble shoot.

Cons

I am biased. I love schedulefly and the culture of the company. So I am N/A to this question. Software doesn't integrate with other software but that's what keeps it running and reliable ALL the time!

Emmy
  • Industry: Restaurants

makes my life much easier

amazing!!

amazing!!

Pros

scheduling for a restaurant is difficult bc so many different people have different schedules and different shifts. The Fly lets the employees request days off without having to tell me the whole song and dance etc etc etc. Just helps on so many levels. They can also trade shifts very easy and all I have to do is approve. 5 stars I have been using this for over 5 years

Cons

no problems whatsoever. If I have problems, the owners are always available

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Very handy tool for a restaurant business

Reviewed on 2018/08/11

Pros

Makes giving up and picking up shifts super simple, it also keeps everyone in the restaurant updated on all changes so everyone is on the same page, which is very helpful for a restaurant with over 75 employees

Cons

I have not found a con yet, it's very user friendly. Small or large restaurant, this software will make your life so much easier!

Bret

I own 2 restaurants and Schedule Fly has made my life much easier!

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

Super easy to use. Relatively inexpensive for what you get. Schedule Fly has helped make my restaurants run more smoothly. I can't imagine not using Schedule Fly.

Cons

If there is one, maybe it's awareness- I didn't even know a Scheduling software geared toward independent restaurants was even available. For years I tacked Excel spreadsheets to a cork board. So happy I found Schedule Fly (through word of mouth).

Price

We all love it!

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

We have 4 locations and have been using Schedulefly for the past 12 years. It is great a management tool and the most efficient way to communicate, handle schedule requests, write, post and change schedules. Everyone appreciates the ease of use.

Pros

Communicate with the entire team with one message
Makes scheduling a breeze
Our teams love it

Cons

We haven’t found any cons in the 12 years we have used Schedulefly

Felicia

Great product!

Reviewed on 2022/10/17

Pros

Schedulefly allows for seamless employee scheduling. Tracking employee shift changes are the best used tools for our team. We can approve or deny the trade and hold staff accountable for following protocols.

Cons

I wish this software had a customized app for iphones, but otherwise we really enjoy the product.

David
  • Industry: Hospitality

Schedulefly has been great for my company

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Schedulefly has helped our teams overall communication and helps keep labor costs in line.

Pros

So user friendly! Some of my staff are not very tech savvy and they love using the app.

Cons

I have no complaints. My only suggestion would be to allow for temporary schedule changes that revert back to the old schedule the following week. They may even have this.

Kelsey

Monen Family Restaurant Group

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Overall , it is very easy and helps me be able to create a schedule quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Very user friendly for staff to figure out how to use!

Cons

I would like to be able to create new shift "in" times in real time rather than having to exit the schedule I am currently working on and go back to the page to add in a whole new shift time.

Justin

Makes my LIFE easier

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Being a manager of a restaurant with numerous employees, it becomes a struggle trying to keep up with every ones availability. Schedulefly has made it so I don't have to and I am able to spend the hour that i was using to remember everyone's schedule to actually focus on my work. Thank you Schedulefly Soulshine Pizza in Flowood thanks you very much.

Pros

being able to run reports. knowing when my employees have viewed their schedule.

Cons

not having an actually app but I am able to put the web page on my home screen

Shane
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Schedulefly Makes Restaurant Scheduling Easy!

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

Makes scheduling simple, certainly provides you with the best and easiest way for employees to trade shifts with a Managers approval.

Cons

Nothing negative to add here, never experienced a single problem using this software!

Tenley
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Schedulefly Rocks

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Time saver for staff using Schedulefly. Also makes employee trading shifts, giving up shifts and accepting shifts so much easier.

Pros

Very User Friendly. Great for multiple locations or single locations.

Cons

I have not seen any cons with this software.

Alexa

Schedulefly is the best scheduling program on the market.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

Schedulefly is very easy to use. The customer service is second to none. My staff loves the program.

Cons

Some of the servers wish that the program was on an app. I personally like that it is not app based

Brent

Perfect for us!

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

We’ve been with Schedulefly for years. It’s perfect for our needs.

We’ve been with Schedulefly for years. It’s perfect for our needs.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to communicate with staff at a moment’s notice.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. They’re great.

Rayme

Schedulefly is more than just a scheduling platform; They make my business run more smoothly.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

Accessible to every employee and easy to use. I can use it on my phone and IPad. I love the daily crib sheet function.

Cons

I can't say there is really anything.

David

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to submit time off and easy to approve/decline shift trades.

Cons

An app would make it easier and maybe a little quicker to use.

Erica
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

I recommend SF to all of my friends

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Pros

The ease of use. Makes life easy and schedules simple.

Cons

works seamlessly- no complaints! I wish I found it sooner!

Brian

Brian jenzers schedulefly review

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

I use it to communicate with all my staff on upcoming events and special start times and closing times with one email.

Pros

It’s easy to use and is really functional when making schedules

Cons

There’s not an app for apple. I have to sign in using the web browser. Haha so difficult. 😜

Does what it says

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Pros

It was fairly easy to load everyone's data and to invite new employees to use the platform. Two different ways to view the schedule and a pretty straight forward process to trade shifts.

Cons

It is very slow very often on multiple tech devices.