Schedulefly

Jon A.
Industry: Entertainment

Useful, streamlined, always functional

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

It is efficient, it is simple, it's priced reasonably, and it is just a fantastic platform for running a restaurant.

Pros

Schedulefly is a great tool for a multi-location restaurant unit. There's a parent login to each of your locations, and it's easy for staff who work between them to participate in multiple of them. The mass text feature is great for staff who aren't so great about checking email. In general, the tool has everything you need, and not a bunch of extra features that you don't.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that it isn't part and parcel of my POS, so there is a bit of redundancy.

Ryan M.

Observations

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

The software helps us keep all scheduling in line while ensuring our employees are responsible for their own time off requests and pick up needs. The message wall is helpful to get a message out to the entire team.

Pros

I like being able to have a view of a schedules draft while being able to edit. It is also helpful they do not need to be both set to the same position.

Cons

It would be helpful to have a feature that lists a prefers to work and does not prefer to work designation that each employee can fill out. Sometimes employees will try to use their time off requests to accommodate their preferences, not necessarily their actual availability.

It would also be helpful to have shift swaps made clear, separate from shift pick ups.

The mobile version of the site doesn't allow me to see a quick view of the schedule for the day of the pick up request.

Ivy M.
Industry: Entertainment

Nice and simple, but maybe too simple?

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

One of our department heads had experience with this software from another job, and he was allowed to use it at our venue although the rest of our team uses Homebase.

That manager obviously loved Schedulefly, but the rest of our department heads did not prefer Schedulefly.

The manager has since moved away and we will be discontinuing the use of Schedulefly altogether.

Pros

This is a very stripped down scheduling solution with a low-tech feel.

I love the daily crib-sheet emails, showing the scheduled staff in a very simple text-based format.

I think that the way employees can be grouped by the roles they fill is much more intuitive and user friendly than with other solutions like T-Sheets or Homebase.

I like that the cost is not based on the number of active users.

Cons

Because our theater uses project-based cost accounting, it's frustrating that I cannot assign a customer or job code to a given shift.

I prefer a solution with an integrated time-clock function. I think you can get a time clock with schedulefly, but it comes at an additional charge.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Scott M.

Simple, intuitive, restaurant-focused design allows seamless integration into your operation.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

The software's ease of use means no training is required and this means that a lot of formerly time consuming issues - shift trades and shift checking for example - are so easily done that I have forgotten what it was like before we started using Schedulefly. The price is also fantastic. As is the customer service.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about this software. FYI capterra verified me through my linked in profile and it is making me use my distillery as my organization. I also have Top of the Hill Restaurant and Brewery and that is the organization I use Schedulefly for.

Travis T.

Solid, thorough, no b.s. frills, quality industry specific program w/ TOP notch customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Already stated. It's good stuff.

Pros

It works, it's consistent, it eliminates so many unnecessary miscommunications, it empowers our crew and allows flexibility with scheduling across the board, whilst strengthening the teamwork mentality. It keep everyone accountable and connected without being invasive. The Schedule Fly crew are committed to their product and live it through their customer support as well as involvement in the restaurant industry as a whole.

Cons

Haven't found one yet. It is simplistic, functional and thorough by design, happy customer for several years now.

Scott S.
Industry: Restaurants

Best Scheduling Software for the money!

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

The team at Schedulefly are always available and very easy to get in touch with. They are very responsive and I have not ever had an issue that wasn't resolved very quickly. This is my favorite scheduling software because it gives you the ability to do everything you need it to do without paying for a bunch of options that you will never use.

Pros

Ease of use and function. Very simple to use and allows you to get the information you need.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that has been a con with this software. It is very easy to use and gives me all of the information that I want.

Dustin H.

Really helpful online scheduling

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

I really like how it easy it is to create very unique schedule that caters to the business needs. The website makes it easy for employees to trade shifts and stay connected to allow everyone to be aware of upcoming events.

Cons

I don’t really have anything negative to say about the software, all around very helpful.

Aaron S.
Industry: Hospitality

Go With The GOOD GUYS!

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

The software is simple to use and straight to the point. Not to mention the leadership of the company is hands-on with their customers vs The Other Guys, who employ random individuals who come and go like the wind.

Pros

Schedulefly keeps it simple! Very easy to use!

Cons

I would prefer a bonafide app but thats me being picky! :-)

Industry: Restaurants

Best thing that happened to our staff!

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Many in the restaurant industry need a very flexible schedule. This software helps to keep the many shifts trades and crazy schedules straight.

Pros

Staff is able to take shift trades and scheduling into their own hands.

Cons

Software will not allow shift trades less than 24 hours in advance.

Response from Schedulefly

Thank for the nice review! Shift trades can happen within 24 hours - that's a setting your GM/owner has in place. They can remove the 24-hour block any time.

Ross C.

Schedulefly...making schedule management easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Pros

It enables our users to do everything...time off requests, schedule availability and approvals are crystal clear and easily managed by our managers and staff.

Cons

No issues at all...it really fulfills all of our needs.

Dave O.

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

We have been using Schedulefly since 2014 and loving every minute of it. From the first time we posted the schedule, and someone wanted to trade a shift - we directed right to Schedulefly. The ease of use for this system is absolutely amazing, while offering a level of detail you would find in systems costing thousands of dollars. There are so many cool features about Schedulefly - the one that we love the most is how the Company is run. When you call Schedulefly, you don't get sent to a call center with people reading a script - you actually talk with one of the 5 guys that created the system. In the years that we have used the system, we have called about 4 times, not for issues, but for adding a location, or asking for a little guidance on a report. Each call was answered by one of the guys and they were very pleased to talk with us, and guide us int the right direction. The system is so intuitive, you can be up and running in no time. The schedule is sent via text and/or email, along with being on the home screen for the user, you can view the schedule in graph (coverage) format, by person or by department. We have eliminated our manager log, as everything is recorded on the system. I absolutely love to tell our new hires about Schedulefly, and always get great feedback from the users. Rep. have created an amazing, value-added system - my review can't even do it justice. Thank you Schedulefly Team!

Pros

Schedulefly's ease of use is amazing. Amazing level of detail. Value-added reports, team messaging, system dashboard for all locations, post to one or all locations. Zero learning curve for new hires. Affordable pricing plans. When people here we use an online system they love it. Web based app for mobile device. Shift transfers and time off request take no time, and you can track for each team member. Hours and hours of schedule preparation has been cut down to minutes for every department manager.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found an issue with the service

Kiersten T.
Industry: Restaurants

We schedule between 55 and 60 employees each week and schedulefly has enabled us to com

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Effective and effortless scheduling, happier and well-scheduled employees, excellent customer support, easy communication with our team.

Pros

We schedule between 55 and 60 employees each week and Schedulefly has enabled us to communicate with them effectively and effortlessly. It allows us the ability to partner with them in working their schedules and provides them the opportunity to engage with their fellow brigade members to give and pick up schedules. We have used Scheduelfly for ten years and have been extremely happy with the product and even more so with the support we have received from the Schedulefly team.

Cons

Other scheduling programs work in tandem with specific POS systems which is not the route Schedulefly has taken. This would enable realtime labor numbers however, we have found our POS system will do that based on clock-ins rather than the schedule which is even more accurate. Therefore, we are able to use Schedulefly for the purposes that we purchase it....scheduling and allow the POS system to do what we purchased it for.

Patience V.

Schedulefly makes scheduling easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

Everyone is on board with how to use it so avaialbility gaps have been closed and shift trading is easy!

Pros

I enjoy how easy to use this software is. User friendly. Very organized. Easy to update information. Clean and to the point.

Cons

I would like to see a mobile app for easy access on a mobile device. Alos would like to be able to trade shifts the day of. The software only allows within a 24 hour time window but some employees need same day swaps

Response from Schedulefly

Patience, thank you for the nice review! We've got an easy shortcut for you for your mobile device. Shoot us a note to [email protected] and we'll show you. Also, your employer has a setting in place preventing shift trades within 24 hours. That setting can be changed by them to enable same-day shift trades.
Thanks!
Wil (member of the Schedulefly crew)

Elissa H.

I Love Schedulefly

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Schedulefly is especially great for a restaurant setting. We hire a lot of students and professionals in other industries with already busy schedules. Our staff enjoys the ease of switching shifts without having to come in to hand write on a paper schedule. The format is very clear and organized in a fast paced environment. There is also a great support system if any questions arise. I have already recommended using Schedulefly to friends of mine in the same industry, and they really enjoy it as well!

Pros

I really enjoy using this software. It makes the schedule very straightforward for the schedule makers and scheduled employees. Our employees really like the ease of checking schedules on their phone, the ability of switching shifts, and having communication with each other. I highly recommend using Schedulefly!

Cons

N/A - I have really liked it all - if I ever have a question the Schedulefly team is there to help me.

Sarah G.
Industry: Hospitality

Amazing customer service

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

We've had a fantastic experience with Schedulefly. We started using it with our first restaurant and as we've grown we've continued to use it.

Pros

The ability to communicate to our entire staff. We use the message wall for everything, and it's super user friendly and staff never miss a memo. We also sometimes communicate across all four restaurants in our group through a convenient dashboard which has eliminated the need for back and forth between managers.

Cons

Sometimes the schedule can be a bit difficult to read for some of our larger teams, but there's different ways to print so we work around it.

Ashley P.

We love Schedulefly!

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Pros

The time I save every day and how easy it is for my employees to view and manage their schedules are the best benefits of using Schedulefly for us. We went from a paper schedule with notes everywhere, sometimes lost in the shuffle, to a schedule that can be accessed and updated at any time, from anywhere, instantly. There is no excuse now for an employee not knowing their schedule or changes to the schedule!

Cons

There really isn't anything I would change. We have been using Schedulefly for more than 6 years and we love it.

Leigh L.
Industry: Building Materials

By far the best I have ever used....

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/05

You can swap shifts by sending the swap to one person or offering it to all staff. All shift changes are approved by management via smartphone or computer and real time alerts are sent out. Your schedule is posted on Schedulefly and all employees contact info is literally at your fingertips. Awesome way to staff and organize efficiently.

Pros

Schedulefly is the absolute easiest, most obviously simple scheduling software for a restaurant EVER. It never misses a text to anyone, it always stays right on time. There are no complications if you have whatever kind of phone, Schedulefly works. You could have a flip phone from 2008, have no fear...Schedulefly is going to still send you real time notifications and send real time notifications to the management team.

Cons

The only thing I wish was that Schedulefly had more of a following. They put HotSchedules to shame, Schedulicity to shame, etc. Unfortunately, both of those software systems tend to be used more which I think is a shame.

Chester K.

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

Communications with staff has increased dramatically. Staff is also able to request and offer shifts without manager involvement. As such, the time spent by management on scheduling has decreased dramatically.

Pros

Everything! The system is perfect for our use in contacting employees and scheduling them.

Cons

I have found nothing about this system that I dislike. However, it would be nice to be able to embed photos. I may simply not know how to do this, but would like to be able to let m y staff see actual promotional pieces and photos of specials etc.

Emmy K.
Industry: Restaurants

makes my life much easier

amazing!!

Pros

scheduling for a restaurant is difficult bc so many different people have different schedules and different shifts. The Fly lets the employees request days off without having to tell me the whole song and dance etc etc etc. Just helps on so many levels. They can also trade shifts very easy and all I have to do is approve. 5 stars I have been using this for over 5 years

Cons

no problems whatsoever. If I have problems, the owners are always available

Cris E.
Industry: Restaurants

Best solution for restaurant scheduling

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

The interface, usability, various tools to utilize - all combine to give an outstanding platform for both our managers and the employees. All 10 of our restaurants use ScheduleFly and we can’t imagine our work life without it. Scheduling was surveyed as one of the worst things our managers had to deal with - this software changed that.

Pros

Extremely easy to use. It is versatile, as everything can be done on the fly via a smartphone.

Cons

Can’t think of any. It is a well-rounded product from the software to customer support.

Jessie K.
Industry: Food & Beverages

ScheduleFly is the best - we highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

We became more organized and efficient!

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use, but also comprehensive in its scope. It takes care of our scheduling (obviously), but also our staff communication & messaging. It even helps us track staff birthdays! We have several restaurants and it is easy to toggle between them - another plus!

Cons

Really, I can not think of one negative. We are looking forward to growing with them as we add more restaurants.

Anastacia C.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy and Simple program for scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Schedulefly allows the entire team to see their schedule and know which of their coworkers are working. It helps when you are trying to find shift trades to see who is working when and who might be able to take your shift. Its clean and straight forward, making it easy to learn quickly.

Pros

Its very simple and straightforward as an employee to see your schedule and trade shifts. You can view what your schedule is weekly, and see the schedule for the entire team. I like the feature that allows you to see who is working right when you look. Its easy to pick up shifts as Schedulefly will email all employees when a shift is posted, and in the email there is a button that takes you to the webpage to pick up the shift.

Cons

There are not a ton of different features for Schedulefly, but as an employee, it fits my needs.

Hannah T.

LOVE ScheduleFly!

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

We have been able to lower labor cost, increase the ease of distribution of training documents, communicate with staff members on an official platform, and made scheduling easy!

Pros

ScheduleFly is easy to use, customer service is fantastic and employees love the simple interface. I have used this software across 13 restaurants at one time and the benefits for labor cost are incredible!

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like! ScheduleFly is amazing!

Bret O.

I own 2 restaurants and Schedule Fly has made my life much easier!

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

Super easy to use. Relatively inexpensive for what you get. Schedule Fly has helped make my restaurants run more smoothly. I can't imagine not using Schedule Fly.

Cons

If there is one, maybe it's awareness- I didn't even know a Scheduling software geared toward independent restaurants was even available. For years I tacked Excel spreadsheets to a cork board. So happy I found Schedule Fly (through word of mouth).

Micheal M.

No Nonsense Solution

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Schedule Fly has taken a major problematic factor of the restaurant business (no call/no shows) and reduced it to a rare occurrence. Employees can connect directly and the manager is not spending time fixing scheduling conflicts.
They are very responsive and add a personal touch to business.

Pros

The interface for our business managers and staff is concise, easy to use and mobile friendly.

Cons

If there was more integration with our POS that would be beneficial.