HotSchedules

Scheduling and workforce management for restaurants

Jess H.

Extremely helpful!

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

I would highly recommend. It is easy to set up and is user friendly for all ages. Since it helps with scheduling, dropping shifts and picking up shifts, our Managers are able to focus more of their time on other aspects of the business.

Pros

The ability to save a template for a weekly schedule. At our job we put a schedule out on a weekly basis and we don't have to start from scratch every week. It used to take use 5 hours to do the schedule and now it takes us 1 hour. A huge lifesaver!

Cons

The look of the software feels a tad outdate. Though that is not a huge deal, it tends to have unnecessary pop-ups or "menu" buttons. However, not enough of a con to ever have me consider using a different product.

Ashley L.

Overall Fine

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Overall, I would probably use again. I imagine after they finish all of the big updates, it will run a little more smoothly.

Pros

This product made holding the staff accountable for knowing not only their schedules, but also any messages that needed to be mass sent out.

Cons

This software had frequent updates that caused glitches often. They also changed key features often, which made weekly logins a surprise.

Carisa D.

General Manager and partner

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

It is very difficult to get responses from customer support. It will take a day and up to 3 to hear anything back and that is in several different support groups. Also, the fact that you get shuffled from one type of support to another is quite frustrating. When you start you have 1 person that owns the majority of the experience.She was great! But once you get passed on to customer support it feels like you are lost.

I also have an issue with the scheduling functionality. It is impossible to view an entire day of a schedule either in the schedule or the template. There used to be a button at the top of the schedule that allowed you to see the entire day, who was scheduled in each station, all at a glance. The new functionality makes it incredibly difficult to manage the level of staff on a shift.

Pros

The logbook feature, the advanced floor maps (which are an additional cost..), and the messaging feature.

Cons

Again the scheduling software is not very user friendly. Clearly there were some adjustments made that helped with writing a schedule, but not being able to view it as easily is frustrating.

Response from HotSchedules

Hey Carisa!

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the frustration you've been experiencing with our product and customer support services. Here is an article to an overview of the new scheduler that might be helpful.

Please reach out if you are continuing to experience difficulty with the software.

Francis P.

Ocean Blue Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

We use a few of your products, HotShedules, LogBook, Inventory. All of them make our job easier and more affective. There is a lot of room to grow with the Inventory product. Hopefully we will see improvements in the future. Still, very pleased with all the products.

Pros

IOS Compatibilty, cloud based.

Cons

Reporting can be cumbersome at times. Not all functions work well on Safari Browser.

Response from HotSchedules

Francis,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we really appreciate it! We value any and all feedback for our products to influence updates in the future. We have a community request forum where you can voice your ideas and insights directly to a Customer Care specialist. Thanks again!

Connor W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

HotSchedules does a great job at presenting all your scheduling/reporting data at a quick...

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

Pros

A couple things that I really enjoy about HotSchedules is the reporting and future forecasting functions. You can also teach HotSchedules how to auto-schedule based off of those patterns from previously scheduled weeks. It is pretty user-friendly and when you launch for the first time - you have plenty of help. They give you a contact to assist you and provide plenty of step-by-step tutorials for all of the included functions of the software. They also give you styling options for how you would like to view and edit the schedules. The reporting data is quickly accessible and can be pulled from a large range of dates (this helps with payroll verification).

Cons

HotSchedules, at times, can be a little buggy. There have been instances where I have completed a full schedule and upon saving my data, it would revert to the previous schedule before the changes had been added. This can be a tad frustrating when trying to crank out schedules quickly.

• Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

HotSchedules Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

It was good experience. I was able to see when I was working and who was going to work with me. I was able to see the messages that the manager put out. I was able to respond the messages, if need be.

Pros

I had to have this software when I worked at a restaurant. It was pretty simple and easy to use. Once the manager had posted the schedule, you could see who was working and what shift it was. If there was an open shift, you could grab it and see if it would get approved. You could also switch shifts with someone, if the managers approved it. Message came in and were easy to read.

Cons

I did not really have any issues with this software. I had to have it and it worked fine with my phone. I was a bit mad that I had to pay for it, but I understood why.

Hot for HotSchedules

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

I love HotSchedules as a server, this app is a dream. I am able to see how many people are scheduled ahead of work, who I'm working with, what section or what my in and out times are and have a clear idea of my responsibilities going into work. I am also able to negotiate shift swaps and adjusting my schedule within the app with coworkers that makes it easy to find coverage or pick up some extra work!

Pros

HotSchedules is a user friendly interface that makes scheduling, adjusting schedules, swapping shifts, or viewing staff rosters, sending messages with coworkers incredibly accessible and easy to use.

Cons

No cons, this app is a dream for people with a dynamic and hectic schedule and good management running the app for their staff.

Response from HotSchedules

Thank you for the great review - we really appreciate it.

Heather S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

User Friendliness

Reviewed on 2020/03/07

The manager cant change the schedual, not tell you then say its always been this way. Love that!!

Pros

Its super easy to get new schedules and the managers know we have seen them. Also we can trade, drop and pick up shifts as needed. Overtime is already tracked so accepting a new shift is fine as long as the dining room is covered. I like that I can see my paycheck too great way to budget.

Cons

The app is 2.99 ok not a lot but without tje team app why should staff pay for an app the company is already paying for?

Not so stressful scheduling

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Everything is in one spot which makes my day a little easier and my desk less cluttered. Easy to address questions and concerns from employee's.

Pros

This app makes it very easy to check your schedule at anytime. Makes requesting time off or switching a shift with another employee easy as well. Far from time consuming and easy navigation around the app. Your schedule is with you where ever you go!

Cons

Having to pay $2.99 for the app is pretty much everyone's only dislike about this app.

Michael R.

So awesome!!

Reviewed on 2018/11/11

Overall experience is amazing! This company does amazing work!

Pros

Love Hotschedules!! They are amazing at what they do and make my life so easy when it comes to scheduling my staff and letting them switch and pick up work shifts. This is definitely something that employers with many employees need to use to make their schedule!

Cons

Non at all. This software does exactly what it says and it is amazing!

Victoria B.

HotSchedules has solved so many of our scheduling issues!

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

Easily accessible by all employees. We can make edits and changes to the schedule, and the employees instantly have access to see them. It's also a great way to communicate with all of our employees at once.

Cons

That we didn't find it sooner! We were using an excel doc for scheduling before finding HotSchedules, and we thought that worked just fine - we didn't know what we were missing!

Joey B.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Very convenient for workers and managers

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Flawless module for picking and dropping shifts. Approval is based on managers not the app itself.

Pros

The instant option to pick up or drop a shift is extremely convenient. The scheduling calendar is very easy to understand for double shifts.

Cons

The message system for co workers could be a little easier to understand as well as the notification previews.

Been a HotSchedules user for over 16 years. Love it! Great tool that is always adapting

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Helps us manager the staffing, labor, and communication component with our team.
The add-ons for Training and Checklists is a great help.

Pros

Built for restaurants.
Over the time I have worked with the HotSchedules team they are fully engaged in making this the best product that they can.
The add on tools that they are building help drive our business.
They are true partners.

Tj S.

Hotschedules

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

Easy to use, good reviews from staff and manangement. Worth the investment of time and money to get started

Pros

User friendly, lots of reporting capabilities, mobile app available. Helpful for budgets, forecasts, execution

Cons

Mobile app doesnt have all the features i used daily. A little more expensive then others. Some reports should be on a main screen, for quick view.

Sarah A.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

HotSchedules is great for those in hospitality!

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

I have used HotSchedules while working for Red Lobster for 3 years, it has made my life so much easier!

Pros

This product easily allows me to pick up or post shifts for work so that other employees can pick up, release, or trade shifts.

Cons

The only thing that is a little tricky with this software, is setting up availability requests/schedules.

Kyle J.

Trying too hard

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

Pros

Hotschedules has the ability to keep everything in on location in terms ignored messaging, staffing, and forecasting.

Cons

Over the last four years there have been many updates which were supposed to be convenient but instead have made the web based program very difficult to use.

Lauren F.

So easy!

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

This is the best! So easy to view and use. so many helpful features. I have the app which makes all of it even easier. can trade/ask for shifts in seconds, request time off, etc. love it!

Cons

Can't think of any cons! This software does everything a restaurant needs it to! easily accessible for all.

Kikombeeusizuri B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Hotschedules

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

Using hotschedules really helps restaurant employees easily access their schedules.

Pros

As a server you can easily pick up an available shift that someone else can't work, and also release/post a shift that you cannot work in order for someone else to grab it.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult knowing where to go in order to find out certain information, such as if somone sends out a message for all employees to see, but for some reason I won't be able to locate where to see the message.

Jennifer M.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Schedule and communication hub

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

We have been able to stay fully staffed and correct common schedule issues like call outs or schedule conflicts now that staff has an easy, user friendly way to communicate and actually help fill the gap that they are leaving. It keeps everyone accountable.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. Options for schedulung employees and communicating with individuals or groups with ease. Also allows employees to communicate, helping schedule gaps and issues be corrected and prevented.

Cons

There is nothing to not like. However, adding a print option for staff to print out a clear, enlarged copy of their schedule would be grand.

Chad H.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Recent update

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

This program was very easy to use from day one. Yet the most recent update is not as satisfying. The program is still effective but some changes were not necessary.

Cons

As I stated prior the most recent update made the use a bit more complex and not as pleasing to use. I would like to see an update that adds projections to the shift approvals for easier viewing. This would improve the decision making process.

Jennifer P.

I have been a Hot Scheduled user for almost 8 years now, and it's a great way to keep track of...

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Pros

The ease of putting in availabilities, and how easy it is for an employee to use. It is also very user friendly.

Cons

They often change things without a lot of notice. Sometimes some extra help before the change happens would be a lot more useful.

Andrew W.

Great Product, Better People

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Our specific representative was phenomenal! He stated from the very start that he was going to be my guy and so far he has made it an easy process that doesn't cause me to have to think about how it is going all the time. Definitely using in the future.

Pros

It's compatibility with our other systems

Response from HotSchedules

Andrew,

Thank you for the great feedback! We're glad you are having such a great experience with your representative. We appreciate your time and our Customer Care team is always available to help with any challenges!

Jaime C.

Great product

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

Helps us with staffing as well as projecting out sales and labor. Plus having people be able to drop shifts and have their colleagues be able to pick up those shifts without them having to call in and have a manager find a replacement makes things much easier.

Pros

Able to do everything I need with this software to make my job easier. Schedules, forcasting, staffing

Cons

Nothing software is great

Response from HotSchedules

Jaime,

Thank you so much for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. Thank you for being a part of our community.

Happy Scheduling!

Nichole S.

Make your job easier

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

I have used this product as both an employer and employee. I work in the food service industry and I can't tell you how time-consuming scheduling can be. Hotschedules allows my employees to request time off, swap shifts, release shifts, and receive mandatory messages all online or from their phones. This saves everyone time and cuts out the possibility of requests being forgotten.

Pros

As an employee, it's great to have my schedule sent to me weekly on my phone. If I am out of town, I don't need to
Make any extra stops or phone calls to find out when I am working next. I can also request time off online months in advance and my employer can approve it- making reservations and guaranteed time off more convenient.

Cons

to download the app for your phone it costs a small sum of money and some people don't like that. However, this really isn't an issue because you can still access the schedule from anywhere online-so it really isn't a con at all.

• Industry: Wholesale

best for retail/restaurant

Reviewed on 2016/08/16

I used this app when I worked at Chili's (Brinker). It was so convenient to swap shifts or get yours picked up at any time of the day. I loved it and was sad when I changed jobs and my next job did not have that app available.

Pros

You had easy access to your schedule for switches, pick ups, etc.

Cons

It was tough to have to wait on the manager approval.