Pulseway

All-in-one remote IT monitoring and management platform.

Morné
Morné

Monitoring and Management - anytime, anywhere!

Reviewed on 2015/05/22

Having been in various IT related industries throughout my career I've used a variety of solutions similar to Pulseway.
None have made attending to any alerts or issues throughout the infrastructure this quick and easy.
Offering a single pane of glass for your entire infrastructure, you get the information you need, in a format that's efficient, and can attend to issues from your phone!

Yes you can install a SSH and RDP client on your phone and launch browsers, but every one of these methods wastes precious minutes as you scramble to open everything needed to attend to a critical issue.
With Pulseway, this is no longer any concern!

Pros

Most importantly - getting to work quicker. With direct integration with various services used throughout your environment, Pulseway offers immediate access to resolving issues, without the need to hop between different management interfaces, control panels or other systems.

Consistent interfaces throughout their applications, be it the web interface, Windows or mobile apps.

A passionate and amazing vendor - suggestions are taken seriously and these guys genuinely take to heart any feedback you give them.

Constant improvements - they are always working towards improving their product and adding new features.

Cons

Nothing of importance - my last point noted with the Pros is the passion shown by the vendor - this nullifies any real shortcoming because every criticism/suggestion I've had has not only been attended to, but are slated for release with future updates!

Darius
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Pulseway life with and without it

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

System department uses this for monitoring and troubleshooting.
Security department is using this...

System department uses this for monitoring and troubleshooting.
Security department is using this to monitor all servers/workstations/firewalls
Compliance department uses the this to monitor events
Infrastructure uses this to monitor traffic and anything live changes

Pros

I can not picture working anywhere and not having Pulseway on my phone. There have been so many features added, that in the 10+ years I have been using it throughout the companies I have owed or worked for , that I have not been able to implement all of them. What is important to me I am able to have a life outside of work due to this tool. Simplifies my job, I able to asses what is critical and what is with just a glance at my phone. The ability to monitor systems is easy for anyone to do, but what Pulseway did is dial down to services, processes, it can even pick up SNMP traffic from our switches and firewalls.
Without this tool simply I would have to work 3-6 hours a day more. Ownership, management all the way down to techs that work for this company bend over backwards to bring new features and make this product better every single day and they listen to their customers needs.

Cons

Cons ... none. I can not say anything bad as they have adapted to everything I need I thrown at them no matter how small.

• Industry: Telecommunications

If i could give negative stars, I would.

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Our pulseway has been down for 2 weeks. Considering this is software that we use to run our entire business, I cant stress enough how much to not use this company. Support tickets ignored, unable to even log in due to an error in their systems. 2 weeks withodut access is enough to shut a place down....

Pros

When we were able to log in, it worked ok. The rules were relatively comprehensive.

Cons

Promised functionality never came, regular downtime and outages, poor performance.

Peter

Pulseway controls the activities of my system and keeps me always informed.

Reviewed on 2019/07/14

All those moments in which we were slaves of our teams where our presence was necessary, with the acquisition of Pulseway has been forgotten, because with this excellent tool we can monitor and control all activities presented by the teams and servers of the company from any mobile device. There are many occasions that we have avoided major inconveniences to hardware and software for our sastifaccion.Me I like the particularity that this system has to be able to integrate amounts of third-party services, among which we can mention are Zandesk, Slack, Pagger Duty, etc, that can expand solutions that help to obtain greater value of infrastructure management services.

Pros

The installation of Pulseway in our equipment was very simple, we also delight with its user interface. This system has kept us aware of all the activity that can present our servers at all times, as we are always receiving notifications in advance, with this platform we have no problems in browsing files, operate maintenance windows, manage network connectivity and much more. We can monitor and control operating systems such as Windows, Linux and Mac, as well as any other applications if we use the monitoring API. It has a mobile application for IOS and Android devices, which means that we can track and manage all IT resources remotely, in the same way to advanced automation, so we do not have to spend a lot of time on routine tasks, copies security and security controls, etc.

Cons

Pulseway is a wonderful system, which means that it is difficult to find defects.

Adolf
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Pulseway effectively solves IT problems in the company.

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

This platform gives me great technological help in the administrative process of the entire IT system and departments of the company and also keeps me informed in real time of all the devices that are active.

Pros

Pulseway allows me to fully visualize the process of the operating system of the company that runs in IT, it is very significant for our organization to observe how the activity is presented on the network, the attention that deserves to be attentive to all the complexities and routines such as the verification of the temperature of the CPU, on the other hand we will always be aware of the activity that the system presents, since we will always be alerted at the time of any problem. A very important aspect of this platform is that it is not necessary to schedule IT tasks manually, because your system performs them automatically in the background.

Cons

I consider that Pulseway is a platform that presents very significant technological characteristics and properties, so I am very satisfied with the service it has provided me so far.

George
George
  • Industry: Human Resources

All you need plus nice xtras.

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

I am able to quickly add someone to a group and then take over. No need to exchange pwds/ids. no need for complicated configuration so that i can re-connect after a reboot. the integration with kaspersky is a nice touch. it is really handy especially when you have to help out non-technical people. Moreover, I am using in on my hosted and development machines as well as my raspi and unraid storage servers making the back up process almost hands free!!!!

Pros

Most of all i liked the new ability to send a installation link to someone at get their system directly added to a existing group. Furthermore, the mobile app has all the functionality included so you are not missing out if you are not in-front of a desktop.

Cons

Does not have a remote control app for mobile.

Steve
Steve
  • Industry: Investment Management

The best remote management tool I’ve ever used.

Reviewed on 2017/12/22

Pros

Pulseway allows me to manage servers and workstations remotely with ease. The mobile app has saved me from trips on site nearly daily. The Pulseway team is constantly adding new features and the support folks are very responsive and thoroughly knowledgeable of their product. I don’t know how I got through my first 20 years in IT without it.

Mobile Device Enabled Enterprise Monitoring, Alert Notification, and Management

Reviewed on 2015/05/21

I've used the Pulseway product for several years and have found nothing else that comes close to its extensive monitoring, alerting, and management capabilities. And now that you can securely manage your systems via mobile devices, it really has no competition. You can run CMD shell and PowerShell scripts on Windows systems, perform maintenance, work with services, work with filesystems, and perform updates with a swipe and a tap. Pulseway's solution is easy to use and to setup. You also have the same management powers on Mac OS X and on Linux, including Raspian. If you're an MSP, Pulseway is the solution you've been looking for. You can group your customers into their own groups for organization. You can also create multiple user accounts so that you can enable different levels of authority on monitored systems from read-only to full administrator.

Pros

Mobile-enabled management
Enterprise-level capabilities for monitoring and alerting
Audit logs
Deep insight into operating system and service management
System Grouping
Easy to setup and to use
Low cost per instance (<$2.00 per instance)
Remote management via any device or browser
Real-time monitoring and notifications
Low barrier to entry into true enterprise monitoring, alerting, and remote management

Cons

You have to manage groups from the endpoints, but soon (I believe) you'll be able to manage groups from the Enterprise console application and App.

Jesper
Jesper

This product really Kick B*

Reviewed on 2015/10/21

Pulseway is without any doubt the best Value for the Money management app. we have used.
We have...

We have been in the computer business since '87, starting with Novell Netware, DOS, 8088 Intel CPU, 128 kb RAM and 5 mb. HDD..........

We have tried, I think, almost anything on the market to ease the support and documentation of our customers systems.
When we stumbled over Pulseway I was a bit skeptic, I mean "Not another system!"

But we have had nothing but positive experience with this software.
And the Support....!
The answer within a couple of hours by mail, and if you phone them you acutally ger a real, and very competent, person to talk to.

Last, but not least; their Remote Desktop is awsome.
When you connect to a Terminal Server you can see all connected sessions at once, and connect to them - Very very cute.....

Pros

Everything!
They do actually listen to the feedback and feature requests.

But especially the Remote Desktop.

Cons

Nothing so far
We are actually very Happy.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Great bit of Software

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Pros

So easy to use from a phone or laptop. I love the way I can restart a server from my phone from anywhere. I don't need to set up firewall ports fro remote access which is a great security feature alone

Cons

Can be a bit confusing about which app you can use on what i.e. Remote on a laptop but not the phone. Only one session at a time on the cheaper option for smaller businesses.

Daniel

Solid Reliable Scalable Solution for RMM and Beyond

Reviewed on 2021/04/15

Pros

dedicated URL, ease of deployment, reliable notifications, patching policies

Cons

Remove limit on remote desktop bandwidth, we support web conferencing endpoints and are often receiving the error.

NinjaOne

Pricing Structure
Phil

Monitoring and Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 2021/04/14

Overall, it's central to my daily management of servers, and allow me to do so without spending my life parked in front of a computer screen.

Pros

As the numbers of servers, and their locations that I manage has grown, Pulseway has fitted in nicely to make this easier and simpler, instead of managing multiple VPNs, having to be sat in front of a computer, or open firewall ports for access, Pulseway puts control of all of them in the same place, with easy access.

I've always used it mobile first, from alerting me to problems, or letting me manage servers anywhere I am, from problem solving (it's running slow) to out of hours updates or issue spotting (offline), the mobile access makes it much less intrusive.

Cons

The web portal makes up for most/any of the shortcomings of the mobile app (eg. the smaller screen size), so improvements on this have been a big bonus.

If there were one downside it would be support, they're friendly and fast, but I've always felt they blame me first, rather than look inward.

AWESOME Software for Server Monitoring

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Easy server monitoring from the Pulseway Phone App. Custom alerts to ensure servers are functioning properly on a daily basis.

Pros

Very affordable for the services provided. We installed this on about 20 critical servers to monitor their status. We would receive real-time updates as soon as the server went offline. When we would get offline alerts for all servers, we new immediately this was possibly a power outage and we would work quickly to safely turn off the monitors. Also allowed to add access to specific modules such as SQL queries or Active Directory. The Active Directory module is great for anyone that manages user accounts. Often times if we were in a meeting or out of the office, we could easily unlock users, reset passwords, etc from the mobile application. It is very easy to install and the interface is very straight forward. Allows you to have many options for specific alerts (when the server goes offline, when storage space is being maxed out, unauthorized logins, etc).

Cons

There wasn't anything I did not like about this product. I highly recommend this to be added to any organization with critical servers.

Chima

Pulseway RMM offers great value for small and growing MSPs

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

With a growing number of RMM vendors going the way of the venture capital playground, Pulseway is a refreshing return to sanity, especially for small and growing MSPs. Pulseway caters to what really matters most to me in all the important areas, and its support staff has demonstrated ample interest in helping me grow my business.

Pros

Pulseway provides me with quick, distraction-free insight and access to everything I need to stay proactive in a simple, uncomplicated Dashboard — without the clutter, noise and feature-bloat of most other RMM platforms.

Real-time endpoint status indicators and alerts, along with the added bonus of remote background management, enable problem remediation without impacting users.

Best of all, the price is right — with Pulseway, I pay for what I use and no longer have to be burdened with minimums and long-term contracts.

Cons

Pulseway Remote Desktop currently lacks support for Remote Printing and is not available for macOS at the moment.

The lack of Patch validation and vetting, in the face of Microsoft's notorious history of buggy patch releases, leaves MSPs to their own wits and due diligence of pre-deployment patch testing.

Nonetheless, Pulseway management has proven to be responsive to its customers' needs, and I remain hopeful that these shortcomings will be addressed in some future release of the RMM platform.

• Industry: Research

Reliable Monitoring Solution

Reviewed on 2018/12/31

Using as a tool to externally monitor a few key machines to ensure that they and their services are externally reachable and provide prompt and reliable alerting to mobile devices if there is an issue.

Pros

Great iOS app, powerful feature support especially for those that are managing a Windows heavy environment. Free tier is better now, supporting two devices to give a better chance and trialing the product.

Cons

Licensing seems a bit expensive for what you get and some of the Mac features are less paid attention to, seems to be very heavily focused on Windows support (which may be good or bad depending on what you use).

Bart

Pulseway makes my life easier

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Pulseway helps me take care of IT needs of a small non-profit. It's just the right size for what I need to do to maintain their environment. The support staff is very responsive and are always eager to help solve problems I may have, or teach me how to use the new features.

Pros

I love the mobile app. It's the highlight of the service. It is well laid out, all functions are easily accessible and being able to execute scripts on the go is very convenient.

Cons

Does not have all of the features that other RMM tools have, but it's getting there. It's a constantly improving product, with new features added on regular basis.

Andrew

Best RMM Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

I can monitor in real time the performance of all the computers that I am tasked with managing at all of my client companies.
The staff are knowledgeable and friendly.

Pros

I like the ease of implementation and ease of use.

Cons

I wish the company provided more training to customers. I feel that there are many more features built into Pulseway that I would benefit from using, but am not using because I don't know how.

Nick

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Overall, my experience has been a good one. I haven't had Pulseway for that long so im still working out some minor kinks, but there hasn't been anything that I feel cant be fixed. When you buy software, one of the dreaded questions you ask is "how is their support?". With Pulseway they are incredibly responsive and quick to resolve the issue.

Pros

What I liked most was the overall simplicity. It was easy to install and easy to use right off the bat. There was some configuration that I didn't understand but when I reached out to support (many times) they were very quick and were able to resolve my issues each time.

If you dont have an Active Directory environment like myself, this is a solid option. Its not going to be AS robust in features and manageability but it comes close enough.

Cons

My ONLY issue so far is that pushing updates doesnt work that well. By that I mean it will not push the big feature updates. For example, if im on version 1803, Pulseway will find and install anything between 1803 and 1809, but will not install 1809. And it obviously will not find the updates after 1809 until that update has been installed manually (or by other means if you have it).

• Industry: Investment Management

Great "All-in-one" solution that is affordable for MSP's looking to avoid more expensive...

Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

Amazing support team - makes the setup process a lot less painful, great response times, extremely wide variety of monitoring capabilities, relatively fair pricing, semi-active community, extensive mobile app, PSA/RMM integration makes for easy ticketing/billing, active communication, once you're familiar with the product it becomes very easy to use.

Great "All-in-one" solution that is more affordable for MSP's looking to avoid more expensive bigger-name solutions. Can and will continue to compete with the bigger companies in the future.

Cons

Roadmap sometimes inaccurate, small customer base means forums are sometimes less active, setup can be painful if you don't have experience working with similar solutions. Technical support staff (available for training/onboarding) are helpful but team size is relatively small so their isn't always a lot of availability when it comes to scheduling. User manual doesn't help troubleshoot issues. Can't whitelabel the customer portal URL, which is unfortunate for some MSP's.

Overall however, a fantastic product for MSP's.

Nathan

Overwhleming Potential

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Pros

the overall wealth of information presented to you from a dashboard standpoint, as well as some of the 3rd party integrations is incredible, the ability for this to be a one-stop shop is there for sure but it still needs refinement

Cons

the RDP feature is very de-centralized (3 separate apps), no RDP support for mobile devices, no native mgmt app for OSX, a lot of the integrated features like software removal, updates etc, fail or dont uninstall as with the native Windows uninstall feature, native ADD/REMOVE AD features are also lacking

Jeremy
  • Industry: Utilities

Best Remote IT Management software on the market.

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Task automation, patch management, and system monitoring have become a breeze since implementing this product.

Pros

Ease of use and deployment. Was able to get started in minutes, and new systems are automatically added with the advanced deployment features.

Cons

The native windows app is a little hard to use, but the web interface and mobile apps are much more convenient.

Yehuda

Great RMM PSA (though needs some improvements to make it the perfect software)

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Pros

RMM features work well I love the remote CMD and remote PS, batches are great too.

Cons

can't remote to 2 screens at a time, remote connections freeze and drop sometimes, no reconnect on reboot, no alternative remote option, no bitdefender AV option, no remote from android app, New information entries are not possible within a ticket creation (-first need to go back and create the item/product/client/.....) would like to have a MSI repository to install files on client machines via scripts.

Mike

Impossible to leave home without it

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

PowerShell in my hand - anythings possible.

PowerShell in my hand - anythings possible.

Pros

Patch & restart servers/devices - on Sundays without having to logon. Saves 2 hours in my week at least. Most users don't even know downtime occurred.

Cons

ALERTS ALERTS ALERTS - I need to manage thosebetter. Great feature but blink an eye & they grow in numbers at an alarming rate.

Dwayne

Small Business Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Detailed system status. Software inventory. Update status messages. Backup for remote access.

Pros

Gives an abundance of end client information in an easy and (somewhat) intuitive interface. OS and software inventory are very useful.

Cons

- Although not a big problem, I noticed that with the new version, renaming can only be done on the machine itself or by using the Pulseway Dashboard. Moving to a different group can only be done on the machine itself or the WebApp.

James
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Pulseway Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Pros

Ease of use and setup. Customer service is wonderful. As an MSP, I get a weekly call or email from my account rep to make sure everything is working correctly. Has a great phone app that allows us to do just about everything mobile.

Cons

No issues. Software works as designed.