Showing 65 reviews of 64

Dovico

Timesheet, project costs & employee time tracking software

Showing 65 reviews of 64
Pauline P.

Great Web Based Timesheet System

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

Tracking actuals vs budgets for all projects.
Client invoicing
Accessibility - access anywhere any time

Cons

Timesheet process - wish we could have timesheets approved by email and not hard copy print outs. Our clients sign weekly timesheets which are used for billing and they all comment, that this is such old technology.

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Pauline,

Thank you for taking time to give us a great review. I am happy to hear that you value the mobility of our software.

While we do not have email approvals, hoever we do have approval processes in the software itself. Emails are send to various approving managers who would in turn approve the electronic timesheet that was filled in by the employee.

I hope this helps!

Lindy V.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Good Software Tool if configured correctly at set up

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

I think the tool is easy to use for timesheet entry and for adminstrators and allows for plenty of tailoring to suit the organisational reporting needs.

Cons

Our original set up configuration was not well thought through and it has been easy for the database to become huge, due to the number of task codes and multiple assignments. This has made it very difficult to control the amount of data.

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Lindy,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us an honest review. I'm glad that you find our software easy to use and customizable.

It is unfortunate that your original set-up was not up to your expectation. If you would like any assistance with cleaning up your data, or even archiving old data, please give us a call.

Baliso V.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

The timesheet software that is not a spreadsheet

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

The corporate time is captured properly and one is able to make an analysis as to who spends what and where.

The expenses are easy to track and one can question the authenticity of the expense as the description is required.

This software is truly a one-stop-shop for capturing time and expenses.

Pros

Dovico captures all that relates to a consulting engineering company in respect of time and expenses. The fact that supporting documents can be uploaded to support a claim made borders on the horizon between ordinary timesheet software and real and practical timesheet tools.

The pie charts give the supervisor that added advantage of looking and evaluating where most time is spent and a drill down can be done with ease.

Cons

At times it is a bit difficult to get support online but as soon as you send an email to the support team, the help comes trough.

I am not so sure what can be done to make it easy to get help online.

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Baliso,

Thank you for giving us a great review! I am happy to hear that our reporting gives you the information you need to get your work done!

We do our best to give support around the clock with our online chat, but growing as much as we are, we sometimes need our beauty sleep. While I'm glad you still get service, I understand the frustration of not getting the service you need from the online chat. I will report this to our support department.

Stacy I.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Timesheet and Expense Tracking

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Easy to track client time and costs versus company time and costs

Pros

Easy to keep track of time and various reports can be generated to meet the client's needs

Cons

Not being able to enter expenses on multiple jobs from one screen. In a day's time we have worked on five different projects and using the same expenses, but have to submit each project expense which takes time. Also, not being able to change the project number without deleting it and starting over if an expense is submitted on the wrong project.

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Stacy!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a great review! I'm glad to hear that our reporting capabilities serve you and your clients well.

I do have some good news on the expenses front! Keep posted on our social media feeds (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) We have some enhancements to expenses coming in the next few months that will certainly help you.

Daniel M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Overall very good

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

1. Great customer service
2. The software is flexible/customizable
3. The software is easy to use

Cons

1. Inability to recall a timesheet
2. Some of the report types could be explained in more depth
3. In the "Budgeted Time and Costs" window, when you filter to a specific person the "Hours" field does not change to show the individuals total hours.

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for taking time out of your day to give us a great review. I am glad that you find our software easy to use and that you value our customer service.

I have forwarded your concerns to our design team. They are very curious to hear what our clients have to say when they make future enhancements. I totally agree that the report types need more explanation.

Thanks again!!

Kamil T.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Saved from starving

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

User-friendly
Customized reports

Cons

I am missing a document describing best practices for some admin modules (e.g Limited Access).

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Kamil,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate your support! I am pleased to hear that our software is user-friendly and that you find customized reports just as easy to use.

We do have some resources online to help you with best practices: https://www.dovico.com/resources

As always, you can use our online chat for quick help in any aspect of our software, give us a call 800-618-8463 or email [email protected]

We are always here to help!

Pamela M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Cost Effective Time Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

Very easy to implement and superior customer service.

Cons

Many canned reports, some issues in creating specialized reporting.

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! I am happy to hear that you value our customer service, we always answer the call with the purpose of getting you back to doing what you do best.

We do have a wide variety of system created reports that are editable to suit your needs. I hope that any issues you may have had surrounding your reports have been rectified, if not, please give us a call or drop us an email.

Ruth H.
  • Industry: Information Services

Long Term User

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

easy to log into, little to no service disruptions, customizable.

Cons

Not able to input a negative value for time. ie time over one week, under the next.

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us that great review. I am glad to see that you find it easy to use, reliable and customizable.

I'll send your request to have negative time to our design team, they are always hungry for suggestions from clients like you!

• Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Improvement Points for Generalists

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

If you work on 1 specific project, it is easy to allocate your time.

Cons

If you work on several projects at the same time, it is difficult to allocate your time correctly. Is It possible to distribute the time over several projects by Dovico?

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Mystery Shopper!

Thank you for taking your time out of your day to leave us a review.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to distribute time over several projects. Each time entry must be bound to a task that is then attached to a project. I hope this helps, if not, please contact our support either by online chat, email [email protected] or give us a call 800-618-8463.

Kaity O.
  • Industry: Accounting

Dovico worked best for me

Reviewed on 2016/09/10

Pros

This software was the best at getting me organized and getting me on track with timesheet data. It functions very easy and it was fast to update the system. All the multitasking Dovico does this is the easiest program for me to use.

Cons

I haven't had any problems working with Dovico. it is simple to use and the awesome tech support was cool. I liked talking to a person. It felt like they were there with me helping me and not just giving me a product they don't care about.

Larry G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great solution for project management!

Reviewed on 2015/02/21

Pros

The time sheet feature is fantastic, and the project management options are very useful.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like about this software.

Michelle D.
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Did what was promised

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

We used it for the free trial but found another product that was able to encompass all of the features that we needed efficiently.

Pros

I liked that it was easy to use timekeeping features

Cons

I found the site look old and dated and I found the text hard to read.

Colleen L.

Simple product to use!

Reviewed on 2015/10/07

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and that I can use the app on my phone to track my hours.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about it (except that this is the 3rd time I've tried to submit my review before it crashed!!)

Rachel F.

Dovico Experience

Reviewed on 2015/10/27

Pros

the ability to customize reports. the simplicity of operating.

Cons

not sure. We did ask to enter items on a monthly basis and was not able to accomodate.

Carla C.

new timesheet software

Reviewed on 2015/08/19

Pros

user friendly and easily accessible via other smart devices

Cons

when trying to track your expenses, it can be a bit tedious

Meghan R.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A+++ - Anytime/Anywhere/Amazing

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

The allocation/tracking is extremely helpful. The reporting, generic as well as the customized will do a world of good for any company. This is one of the best tools that we use in house.

Pros

It is very user friendly. We have all offices using DOVICO (PA, NY & United Kingdom) from the inner office employees to the on site inspectors. They can upload/enter their hours any time, no excuses. Very helpful in time tracking/allocating.

Cons

I'm not sure if it's an internal issue we need to work on or something with the software - For some reason the Start and end dates do not always match on the employees and I will have to go in and adjust them so everyone is aligned.

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Meghan!

Thank you so much for your great review! It takes time out of your day to do this and we appreciate your willingness to share.

I am glad to hear that you enjoy our software and that it makes what you do a little easier.

I'll have one of our support gurus reach out to you to help you with your start and end date troubles.

Once again, thanks for your review!!

Cher K.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Fits Our Time Tracking Needs Perfectly

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

As an accountant for a manufacturing company, I’ve been very satisfied using Dovico’s time tracking software for our business’ time (expense) tracking needs. We have multiple companies under one umbrella corporation, and we have employees that frequently split their time between jobs for our different companies. With Dovico I’m able to track the time spent by employees on different projects. I can easily pull a report that shows me the details of the labor by person, project and task. It’s a good tool that gets the job done and fits our needs very well.

Pros

Great report writing feature that allows you to customize reports to your needs and is easy to use. I often find my self customizing reports for one reason or another, to pull specific data that we need to look at. The report writing tool is intuitive to use and plenty robust. Reports can be generated and imported into spreadsheets for analysis.

Cons

The software is great, and I have no complaints. Now if only I could get all employees to make sure to record their hours on time each week without being prompted multiple times…!

Response from Dovico Software

Thank you, Cher!! We appreciate your super awesome review and your business. So glad to hear that reporting is such a valuable piece of your Dovico experience. We have great pride in our reporting capabilities.

As far as getting your employees to file time each week, we're also trying to help in that regard. But we've heard that leading with love and respect to their busy day goes a long way.

Michelle H.
  • Industry: Maritime

Dovico Review

1. Change the content of submitted time sheets
2. Update the billable hours rate every year
3. Schedule Reports sent out
.......

Pros

Getting helps instantly; Generating reports Automatically

Cons

Not ideal yet. I will find out. I always keep in touch with you guys. My most concern is that I will be able able to get help to have the customized reports our company need.

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Michelle!

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review. I am glad we are creating value to you by always being there to help.

As always, please keep in touch whenever you need a custom report or a support question. We now have online chat, so if you don't have time for a call, you can always drop us a note.

Kris W.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Dovico Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Pros

We really like this time card software. We are able to describe tasks as required for our client's review. It is critical that we add descriptions to all of our billings.

Cons

It might take a little time to set up each project and add task descriptions as required, but in the end, these descriptions are critical.

Response from Dovico Software

Hey Kris! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad to hear that you value our product as we certainly value you.

If there is anything we can do to help you with entering descriptions easier, please let us know! We are always open to suggestions to improve.

Courtney J.

Seems to be just what we need for our small management company

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

Dovico has several features! We don't use half of them but it is a robust system. Most of all, I enjoy the mobile app to log my hours on the go.

Cons

It took me a while to learn. It's easy to leave the timer running and forget about it, but that is human error. Thankfully you can go back and edit.

Response from Dovico Software

Thank you so much Courtney, for taking the time to review Dovico Timesheet! Excellent feedback about the Timer. This is actually something we have been discussing recently. Would it be ok if we get in touch with you if we come up with a better solution for the timer as a beta tester? Thank you again!

Estelle Johnston, Community Manager
[email protected]

• Industry: Government Relations

Nice timesheet tool for SME organisations

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

fulfil my needs

Pros

Completeness of the tool time-sheet, cost-calcultations, expenses etc...

Cons

Bit "old-fashion" interface
Reports can be more use-friendly and intelligent

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Mystery Shopper,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review! I am glad that you have found many points of value within our software that serve you well.

I will agree, our software is a bit outdated in terms of look and feel, but we are currently working on updating every view to make it more visually appealing. As far as reporting, we are looking to using more intelligent reporting solutions in future versions.

Philippe F.

TEAM POTENTIAL review

Dovico des the job

Pros

Application easy to use,
Mobile App is practical when you need to validate timesheets

Cons

Reporting module is oudated
Limitations on interfaces with reporting tools (i.e Power BI)

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for taking time to give us a great review! I am glad you find Dovico of value and practical.

We are currently working on those limitations to our reporting and integration. Be sure to follow our social media channels to be on top of any changes that may happen in that respect.

Kaye B.

Timesheet Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

My overall experience has been very good. We recently had an upgrade which did cause a few problems at the beginning but the support we received was brilliant. Dedicated support is very important and I would recommend the software because of the support you receive.

Pros

Once setup the system is easy to use and follow.

Cons

If I make an entry under the wrong engineer I cannot change the engineers name I have to enter all the information again under the correct engineers name.

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Kaye,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a great and insightful review. I am glad that you value our support as we have great pride in our abilities to help our clients.

I will forward your concern about moving time from one employee to another. I definitely understand how frustrating and time consuming this could be, especially if there was a lot of time entered. I'll forward your concern to our design team.

Caroline G.
  • Industry: Accounting

Couple of features that could be improved

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Confused I dont use Timesheet for Engineers unless that is another name for Dovico!

Pros

Logging time is pretty easy. Although it could remind you if you had forgotten to submit.

Cons

Max no of lines on timesheet are 200 not enough.
Reports when exported to excel need a lot of manipulation eg convert from text to numbers, loads of hidden spare lines etc.

Response from Dovico Software

Hi Caroline.

Thank you for your very honest review! I'm glad that you find entering time to be easy.

I will send all of your suggestions to our design team, I especially like the idea of sending a reminder if you have unsubmitted time.

Timesheet for Engineers is the name we have used for this review website. However, our software is easily configurable for almost every industry. I apologize for any confusion.

Peter L.

Dovico excels as a product, a service, and as an organization.

Reviewed on 2015/04/16

We chose Dovico in 2006 as a solution to meet our project oriented time management requirements. At that time, the primary consideration was the integration with Microsoft Project for our non-trivial software development projects. We purchased and implemented the on-premise licence.

As our organization grew and our requirements grew in complexity, the Dovico team was always there to listen, and to provide proactive advice and solutions.

In 2009, as our organization grew through acquisition and geographical expansion, we switched to Dovico SaaS. The Dovico team made sure that the transition was pain-free - in implementation and cost.

Through the years since then, the Dovico team has actively solicited us for new requirements, and proactively approached us for feedback on new features and product ideas. As we've grown, Dovico has been a key business technology partner and enabler.

I'm proud to know that Dovico, as a shining example of a software developer and service provider, is also Canadian...