Logikcull

Powerfully simple software for modern legal teams

Julliana V.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Excellent product and outstanding customer support

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

We've moved to Logikcull and never looked back. Great product.

Pros

Logikcull makes uploading, managing, reviewing and producing easy and fast.

Cons

Its email fields character limitation, but Logikcull has plans to address that.

Tom F.

Very Good Option for Hosted E-Discovery Solution

Reviewed on 2016/04/07

This software has a very approachable user interface with a clean, modern look and substantial power on the back end to handle e-discovery projects. It is all browser based and works by providing search results in batches that can be filtered, coded and tagged, including by family structure. I had no problems in accessing the program and it is secure because it is in the cloud. It works well even just doing simple searches, but once you learn more about how to find and manage the results, its power and ability to speed up projects can really shine.

It can handle complex searches and uses filters effectively to speed up the process for lawyers or reviewers. The speed is very good and it processes searches quickly. It can use an unlimited number of tags which can be very helpful, but will require protocols for a case with lots of people involved. The production process is fast and fairly simple and creates load files for all the major platforms although some additional output options would be nice if you have complex output requirements. I would like to see additional options regarding processing of privileged material so that you choose to Bates number it, but then not produce it.

The initial indexing occurs fairly quickly although unusual file types can sometimes slow it down, but had over 60GB processed and ready in less than 24 hours. The staff is very knowledgeable and responsive, which is helpful, especially at the beginning of using the product.

The product is priced to compete well with vendors for serious projects and can easily handle small projects. One issue that can arise, as is true in any per-GB solution, is to try to eliminate useless files before upload so they don't count against your data limits. In addition to the namesake ability to "cull" non-responsive materials (which means they don't show up in later searches), the Company is adding the ability to remove unwanted data which will reduce the storage needed on projects.

This is a very competitive e-discovery platform and I would recommend taking a look to see if it is the right fit. It is geared towards firms that will have a number of e-discovery projects (even though it could be used for one off projects) and its benefits will only grow as the users become more proficient with it. It has a base monthly charge, which you can likely pass through, but the advantage is that you can cut out processing costs from e-discovery vendors.

Lori H.
  • Industry: Law Practice

I've been using Logikcull for about a year now and absolutely love it!

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

We are able to more self-sufficiently manage our document reviews on our own timetable and ramp up or down as necessary. The clients save money and our costs are reliable and simple to explain.

Pros

I love the easy user interface and the fact that we can load, review and produce all on our own. Training my attorneys and staff is a piece of cake! Their customer support is amazing!

Cons

I wish I could delete documents from the database that I don't need so they come out of our storage costs. I'm happy to cull them so I don't see them and they don't appear in my search results, but many times I have huge slugs of complete garbage and I'd love for the client not to have to pay to store that junk.

Ernest C.

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

My overall experience has been great. Logikcull's tech support team an excellent standard of support and prompt assistance in training. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Pros

What I like most about the product is that it's very easy to use

Cons

I would like the option to change categories of tags from multi-selection (check box) to single selection (radio button)

Emily F.
  • Industry: Law Practice

A Great eDiscovery Program with Superb Customer Support!

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

Pros

Granted there was a big learning curve in trying to figure out how to use the program (since I never really dealt with the specifics of eDiscovery), but as with anything, the more I played around with the various functions and used it for our case-matters, it became quite easy to use.

Cons

I wish you had the option to specify what wording you wanted to include on a slipsheet for a
specific file type. I also wish it had the ability to automatically identify (or the option to designate) how you will receive opposing parties' document productions when not produced in a "typical" eDiscovery program load file (i.e. we receive the majority of opposing parties' document productions in PDF file and/or PDF file and native Excel file formats only.)

• Industry: Law Practice

Logikcull democratizing eDiscovery one case at a time

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

We've used the tool multiple times for matter and was easy to use. I've recommended to opposing sides. It's easy to use and get a case up and running in no time.

Pros

-Ease of use
-Up and running a doc review in minutes
-Productions run super fast
-Training reviewers is so easy
-Pricing model is predicative

Cons

-Some things that other software does easier, from an admin perspective, there has to be a workaround workflow created
-price can get expensive as data is imaged & exported
-Document storage is not logical compared to other tools (However, is still understandable)

Colin J.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great interface. Quickly kull through various email, storage, messaging data to get the info...

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Pros

I loved how easily it pulls relevant data from Slack, G Suite, Dropbox, etc. Generates searchable fields and metadata on the fly and quickly got us the information we needed. Very intuitive and minimal training was needed. Great pricing as well.

Cons

There wasn't anything that I could think of.

Chy E.

Great collaboration, amazing support

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

I haven't found Logikcull to be the most intuitive e-discovery software, but it has the absolute best customer support. The program itself if very robust, lots of features and is great collaboration tool. My team loves the ability to log in from any computer, I love that I can customize for our projects. What brings my team and I back to Logikcull is it's support. They respond quickly, aren't condescending (hugely helpful with non-tech savvy personnel) and know their stuff. Nothing more frustrating that being up against a deadline and unable to get assistance, or that assistance being unhelpful. Logikcull is constantly evolving, adding more features and really catering to it's clientele. Great program, highly recommend.

Pros

Great collaboration, features and accessibility.

Cons

Can be confusing to run productions for first timers.

The premier document management software available.

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

Pros

There is no lagtime when using Logikcull. It allows you to tag, search, collate and srank documents easily.

Cons

The color palette used in tagging documents seem too similar to me. Highlighted words should match the tag which reference the highlight.

Tabitha H.

I am a recent user the sign-up, training and ongoing support have been amazing.

Reviewed on 2017/05/10

Pros

Intuitive user interface, excellent help including faq, the ability to share data and have client's drop information in for my review. I like the ability to search by date range in emails and to search blocks of bates stamped documents. I would recommend this product to anyone who needs a system especially small offices who only need a system occasionally. You pay when you use it and that is great for a solo or small firm and for litigants who are budgeting the cost of litigation.

Cons

I would like to change or add search terms without using the expansion functions. I think an indicator of whether or not a document is native would also be good. I know what native docs are but many lawyers have no idea.

Tony L.
  • Industry: Law Practice

This software and Logikcull have made eDiscovery much easier to deal with.

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Pros

It is very easy for any person that has surfed web to start reviewing documents. Most other programs there was a learning curve to the software, and if it was not used regularly the users would need to be retrained. Logikcull has continued to add enhancements to the software. No server setup, no server maintenance, just a useful product. Customer service is always there to help.

Cons

Getting large files into and out of Logikcull can take sometime depending on your link speed, but they are bringing more and more cloud to cloud solutions online.

Alberto P.

Best Legal Database I've Ever Used

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

I have been a paralegal, in almost every legal field for over 10 years, with particularly extensive experience in Discovery, especially E-Discovery. This is the best database I have come across. I gave it 4 stars in Customer Support because I have not had the need to reach out to support, which may merit it 5 stars but I do not like to give a 5 out of 5 for something I in which I have little knowledge. The same applies to Value for Money as I am not privy to its cost, especially vis a vis the cost of similar programs.
The only negative I can say is that files can take a bit longer to download than ideal, but that is more of a function of being Cloud-based in working in an extremely high Internet tracking environment.
Everything is about this program is top notch.

Pros

Flexibility and Ease of Use

Cons

File download times could be faster.

Benjamin M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Needed to review and analyze 17,000 email Outlook file. -Logikcull was great.

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

Trial analysis of good sized Outlook file.

Pros

I found it very easy and intuitive to use. Very nice feature set.
Support is knowledgeable and very responsive.
We rarely have enough data to justify using an outside database to analyze the data. However, opposing counsel dumped the good-sized outlook file on us, 2 weeks before the case was originally set for trial, forcing us to get a continuance (Judge was not happy). Logikcull got the Outlook file in quickly and we were able to begin our analysis within a few days. It really made working with the thousands of emails very easy.

Holli M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2017/04/04

I am not as tech savvy as I would like to be and I would chose Logikcull over any other document management product because it is very user friendly. Uploading documents and the reviewing and tagging process are very easy. This product has allowed our small firm to manage bigger cases.

Pros

Easy of uploading documents

Cons

printing and emailing documents

Rachel H.

Recently Switched to Logikcull

Reviewed on 2016/11/13

This document is a lot more user-friendly than the previous platform I used. It generally flows like any modern website. It's easy to create your own searches and view particular documents.

Pros

Color coding, pre-established tags and fields for narrowing results.

Cons

I have to scroll down the side panel to view the threads. Also, I have to select each item in the thread to see if there are families attached to the document.

• Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use, quick eDiscovery tool, at the right price point

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

Quick and easy ediscovery as a gap fill in tool while we were preparing to go live with our inhouse solution.

Pros

The software makes it easy to create matters and upload files. The ability to load load the files in zips speeds up the process along with the on the fly OCR and ability to quickly review and run documents productions.

Cons

The ability to re-run document productions or exporting specific documents for depositions. There are some basic functionality that was not available last time I used the system. There may be updates that correct these issues as they are always upgrading (which is great).

Bisma M.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

A great product and highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

I used Logikcull for document review purposes.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to navigate and utilize the functions for document review. It's easy to tag documents and organize them so I can locate them later. Customer service was extremely quick to respond and always helped me figure out any questions I had. The training videos were also helpful if I needed help.

Cons

I think perhaps the search function, as well as the advanced search function, could be displayed better. Also, it was not always intuitive to figure out how to save the search.

Robert L.

Efficient, positive, user-friendly

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

I appreciate the modern, clean, user friendly interface. It's easy to figure out basic functions and I have found the support pages and staff to be responsive and helpful.

Cons

While I have had an overwhelmingly positive experience with the software, small things like the difficulty to delete a document production. Also as someone relatively inexperienced with the use of load files perhaps more accessible access to help or a step by step guide of dealing with the process of data fields, loading load files and more would be easier.

Simon O.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Incredible support. Incredible product.

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

As a pro se litigant, I was presented with an invasive and broad electronic discovery request in a civil suit. I knew that I could not hire a big eDiscovery company, and wanted to do it myself. Enter Logickull. Matt, the support specialist helping me out, has been extremely helpful! Not only that, but the FAQ pages and in-window support have answered any of my questions immediately and completely. I'm not alone in this. Even with no prior experience with eDiscovery, I managed to comb through over 84000 pages of documents in under two weeks, while working full time. I can only imagine how useful this would be to an attorney just getting started with eDiscovery. Thanks, Matt. And thanks, Logickull! I literally could not have done this without you. Definitely not for such an affordable rate.

Pros

Easy to use, good value, amazing support

Cons

Still bleeding edge, certain useful functionality has yet to be implemented. All core functions work well, though.

Nicholas G.

Works like a charm. Has saved me a lot of headaches for when people forget to send load files.

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Pros

It processes the data very quickly and accurately. This is a major help for us when we are dealing with smaller firms who do not have a ton of resources when it comes to data production.

Cons

If you have a large amount of data it can be expensive; however, for medium and small sized loads it works perfectly for us.

Chris F.

Logikcull? Love it

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

For our small to medium size matters, I love using Logikcull to search and review data. I often say Logikcull is the Apple OS of ediscovery platforms, because everything is so intuitive and the interface is so refined. I recommended Logikcull to this firm and will continue to recommend it to boutique firms for matters under 50gb.

Priya K.

Review for Discovery Documents

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

It's great that you can filter docs swiftly by tags (and create tags yourself such as 'hot' 'confidential' 'NEPA' docs) and sort them into folders ('we've been sorting by Agencies who provided the FOIA docs.) I've also never used a document reviewing tool before, but Logikcull strikes me as unique in that you can make a note corresponding to an individual document, and send that comment (and the doc itself) to a particular person's email or set of emails. You are also able to use the 'search' tool in Logikcull to search through said comments, which is a cool feature.

Unfortunately many of my docs were illegible because of the sanitization process that occurs after docs are uploaded, but customer service was incredibly quick and helpful in addressing this issue.

Pros

The tagging and sorting feature are great, along with the ability to search through comments.

Cons

The docs are sometimes illegible after being sanitized.

Peggy G.
  • Industry: Law Practice

It sells itself if you have a team of lawyers who are reluctant to technology and change.

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

What I liked best about the software was how easy it was to start a project and build your team. How easy it was to upload data and then start using Tags.
Very intuitive tools like using the filters and saving your searches.
How easy it was to see ROI!

Cons

I wish there was a way in Logikull to Zip an Unzip the data instead of using an outside tool to Zip the files.

Ida H.

Very good experience as LogikCull is easy to use; all the required functions and features are...

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

User friendly; easy to navigate; flexibility; compatibility with many file types. Users can login and view all files, tag documents, view in native file formats easily. I also like the bull keywords search. You can import the list of keywords by copy and paste.

Cons

There are not much I dislike about the product. I think the cost for additional user can be lower.

Gabby T.

Great E-Discovery Tool - Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

I have become a huge Logikcull fan after learning about this tool. As soon as I signed in for the first time, a Rep reached out to schedule a one-on-one training. This was great - especially since the tutorial was more interactive and allowed me to learn about some of the more advanced features.
After learning about the functionality of this tool it has become my favorite e-discovery platform so far. I especially enjoy the ease at which the user is able to import new data into an existing matter with a single drag and drop. In addition, being able to run my own productions (especially when there is a last minute production required) helps tremendously!