MailerLite Reviews

MailerLite

Email marketing software for smart business

4.3/5 (238 reviews)
Sapph L.

Easy-to-use affordable email marketing platform with all of the features most people need

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

MailerLite is one of the most affordable email marketing platforms right now with all of the features most people need like automations, a drag and drop builder and embedded signup forms.

Their most useful feature is automations, which lets you send a sequence of emails to subscribers if they join a list, if one of their contact fields gets updated (example: if they go from being a free to a paid member), if they click on a link, etc. You can also create yes/no branches at different points in the automation to send different emails to subscribers after they meet or don't meet a certain criteria.

They also have a decent free plan for those who are starting out or looking to test the platform. The free plan includes automations and most of their key features.

I also use personally use their APIs to automatically add new members to specific automations - they are well documented and easy to follow.

Cons

1. Right now, you can only create yes or no branches in automations. So for example, let's say that you want subscribers who already downloaded a lead gen to not receive an email in the automation about it. The only way to do this right now is to create a yes/no branch. If yes, they'll receive the rest of the sequence in the yes branch *without* the specific email. If no, they'll receive the rest of the sequence in the no branch *with* specific email.

But if you want subscribers in both branches to receive the rest of the other emails, you'd have to have duplicate emails in the yes and no branch. It gets time-consuming if you want to add more emails to the automation (you'd have to add them both to the yes and no branch) or if you need to update any of the existing emails (you'd have to update both in the yes and no branch).

It would be easier if you can simply add specific criteria to each email in the automation. So for example, if the subscriber meets the criteria, they'll receive this email in the automation. If not, they skip that email but still receive the next ones (if they match the criteria).

2. They had deliverability issues in the past which they did work really hard to fix. However, based on my experiences and that of what others have reported, overall open rates (with an authenticated domain) tend to be somewhat lower than a few other top platforms.

Abigail N.

Great for creating email newsletters and shareable pdf brochures

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/12/22

Mailerlite is a Godsent, I think the export to PDF has a lot of potential.
There are over 12 million WhatsApp users in Kenya, most of our clients and prospects, are more willing to connect us via WhatsApp than by email.
The PDF brochures has become one of our biggest marketing assets as we can keep them updated about our projects in a more social way. The fact that the brochures are more shareable is a big bonus.
However, It'll be good to be able to track clicks, which currently can't be done as it's stored as a draft in MailerLite.
I know Mailerlite is an email marketing software but I'd love to be able to monitor the performance of newsletters turned into brochures the same way I can monitor sent campaigns. Even if it's something as simple as having a dashboard for draft campaigns and using Google Analytics to track clicks on it.

Pros

- I used Mailerlite to create email newsletters (Which any email marketing software can do) but most importantly I used Mialerlite to create sharable pdf brochures showcasing our past/current projects (My client was an Architecture company). These "brochures" are light size wise as the target platform was Whatsapp.
The images are clickable linking to the projects on our websites, this way when sent to clients/potential clients on WhatsApp they can know more about us without having to go to our website.

- Design Options: I've used MailChimp, Active Campaign, Moosend and pretty much any Email marketing software you can think off, but in terms of design flexibility and templates, Mailerlite has the best design options. My favorite is the "Featured Image" block

- Great Customer Support: Mailerlite is meant for creating email newsletters and not pdf brochures so it was a bit tricky working around that especially since the share to social media button wouldn't work since the newsletter I converted into a brochure wasn't technically an email campaign (I.e it wasn't sent to anyone/mailing list) but remained in my dashboard as a draft. I had a chat with them on how to arrange the elements so my brochure was 3 pages max, and how to reduce the size.

Cons

- My emails kept going to the spam folder which was very bothersome, so I contacted support and I was told I'm not the only one having the same problem and that it's an issue they're working on as they were blacklisted (Or something like that)

-As much as I love the featured image element, it renders differently on Outlook desktop app. Instead of appearing as one large image, the images appeared as a grid, with nine images of the same image taking the space instead of one large image. It was a bit disconcerting and there was no way around it.

Shayne H.

Every Start-Up's Sidekick!

Reviewed on 2019/04/07

I am a Marketing Specialist by profession and software/tools like this make my job so much easier, for which I am very grateful!

I recently stumbled upon MailerLite when I was building my E-Commerce website. Previously, I used to use MailChimp (Also a great tool and I currently use it only at work).

Mailerlite seamlessly integrated with my Shopify Store and gave me so much power over my marketing strategies. In my opinion, it's the best E-mail Automation tool out there, with much more options and customizations that can help you craft powerful newsletters, landing pages, etc.

Pros

1) Highly Optimized And Responsive: MailerLite helps me to design and create newsletters that look amazing on desktops, tablets, and mobiles.

2) Design Capabilities: It's safe to say that the design capabilities that MailerLite gives you are far better than any other similar product in its segment. What I mean to say is, the "little things" that MailerLite allows you to do can add significant value to the way you market! For example, there are a number of templates that can enable you to have "buttons" attached to an image (Perfect CTA's by the way). Also, there are several heading options for my newsletters where I can have my company name and logo or either one at the beginning of them. These, of course, are just a few examples I could think of straight off the bat.

3) Easy Integration: Connection my domain with MailerLite was a lot easier than I expected - with a swift and seamless integration process.

4) No Learning Curve Required: MailerLite is incredibly simple to use and it won't take you long to get the hang of it.

5) Affordability: The title of my review says it all! MailerLite is a blessing for startups on a budget who don't have money to throw around. There are 5 different pricing models that include one "freemium" version as well. However, if you are using it for business purposes, I suggest you use their starter plan that will unlock all features and allow you to send unlimited emails. Remember, looking professional is key!

Cons

1) Slightly Laggy: MailerLite can occasionally become laggy and starts freezing when you import a lot of contacts. Now, I don't really know if this is due to my hardware set up (which is quite recent), but I've asked around and I've gotten mixed opinions about this.

2) Customization Options: It would be really great if MailerLite introduces some more Landing Page customization options in the near future. Whatever be the case, it's still the best E-mail Automation software, in my opinion.

Austin A.

Great Mailing System - Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

Mailerlite was my first choice originally because they have a free limit. Most other services require monthly payments right from the start, so my expectations were low.

However, I've been using them for my website and I have nothing to say BUT AWESOME!

There interface is clean. The ability to integrate the different services directly into the website (popups, pop unders, direct mailing software) is simply the best. I've used a few different ones prior to mailerlite (just the trials), and all of them were more complicated.

Only one negative: If you're a time-sensitive person, the website can be slow. You have to go through a bunch of buttons to change the format of all of your popups and such. However, it gives you amazing control over everything so the wait is well worth it in my opinion.

As for the mailing lists, they are super simple to use and keep track of. It's easy to design each mail to your specification, and even select time-sensitive ones (one email a week after they sign up originally, for example). So it makes it easy to just setup one-time and not really worry about it except for your own personal emails you send sporadically for the mailing list.

For example, I have mine setup to send an intro email, followup email the next day, then a list of best articles one week after initial signup. It does all this automatically so I don't have too. And i've tested it - it works great.

It also looks fantastic when you put the work in. You can view my popup and my sidebar mailing opt-in form here: www.hiddendominion.com/

As you can/could see - it's super sleek and can be negotiated to match anything to your design.

In short, highly recommend. If you're looking for a place to start - don't even think about other options. Stick with mailerlite. You won't regret it!

Great customer support
Tons of options
Easy to manage mailing list
Ability to setup intermittent emails

Cons

Slow to load the designing tables

Response from MailerLite

Austin, thank for the review and the comment about the pop-ups. We will certainly make them more visible.

Jayraj P.

Chose it over Mailchimp and I couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Amazing. I expect to keep using it and recommending the same to anyone who's starting off with email marketing and is cost-conscious.

Pros

It's user interface is highly interactive. Any amateur can learn how to design interactive email templates and landing pages, how to create/segment their lists and how to gather statistics. They keep doing seminars from time to time and their blog is really helpful to make sure you're following the best practices. MailerLite can handle all your functions smoothly and the best thing is - it'll charge you way lesser than any of the other software's out there (taking a dig at MailChimp particularly).

Cons

As I'm scaling up, I'm realizing that I have to use some external 3rd party software to handle advanced functions. If you wish to use email marketing primarily (and not as a support function), MailerLite's email testing platform is basic and while I bugged customer support constantly for answers on how to better authenticate my domain settings, I've been failing to get any productive response that can help me. I don't know whether any other software's gives a full suite of features but I'm sure that I would expect it from the one I'm using.

Natasha W.

I enjoy Mailerlite!

Reviewed on 2019/05/11

Mailerlite is a great start to understanding email marketing and automation. It has helped me to connect with my subscribers more frequently while also setting up auto RSS feed for any blog posts that I create. I've been using it for a few years, and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Pros

The first 1000 email subscribers are FREE! Mailerlite makes it easy to send email campaigns and schedule email campaigns. It also makes it easy to set up sequences if I am doing an e-challenge via email. I enjoy being able to reuse templates or view prior recent emails, so that I am able to change the content but still streamline the design. The software also ensures that duplicate email subscribers are not saved in the system, and with the touch of a button, you can add a single subscriber, upload a txt with list of subscribers, or put them in groups. Pop-ups, buttons, and landing pages are all easy to create and customize. Lastly, Mailerlite allows partnerships with other software companies for easy sync and connection, which is a HUGE plus to saving time and money.

Cons

Over the years, Mailerlite has improved on its products and services. My only two cons are sporadically the auto RSS feed will send old blog posts from prior years, and also when I opened a mailerlite account for another business, it shortened my available number of email subscribers. However, those are minute issues.

Jack D.

Great alternative to Mailchimp

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/09/02

Pros

Mailerlite provides all the functionality we need for a fraction of the price of Mailchimp. Their customer support is better too.

Cons

We hit a few road blocks setting up our account, but their customer support helped us through it.

Unique H.

Best Option for Small businesses

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

My overall experience has been great with Mailerlite

Pros

It's easy to use and create my newsletters. You can also embed landing pages and sign up forms on your website.

Cons

I do wish that the free plan offered more features and a higher subscriber rate. I understand that I'll have to upgrade soon.

Teya B.

A Mailing Service that makes their competitors look dated

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

I will continue using MailerLite. They leave competitors like ChailChimp in the past.

Pros

I love MailerLite and I use it for years for my company's newsletters. They are easy to use and offer any feature that you might need at far better price than their competitors.

The pricing of MailerLite is probably the best in the field. It allows you to send unlimited emails to your list. You pay per subscriber, not per email, which is quite convinient for companies with 5000+ subscribers.

Another thing that I like is their current design layout, dozens of premade templates for the holidays and how easy it is to setup everything by yourself without having to read complex guides.

Cons

I really feel that their support can and SHOULD be improved. In their live chat often times I feel like I am speaking to the little sister of the support guy. They need like 20 minutes to even understand my question. When they finally get it, they inform me that smeone with the required qualification will email me in a few days with a solution to my problem. This has happened several times already and such a great product deserved better support squad.

User-friendly, surprisingly affordable, and powerful autoresponder

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Free up to 1000 subscribers. You don't have to pay them anything if you are just beginning to build your list.

Pros

MailerLite is one of the best and easy-to-use email autoresponder out there. What I like most about MailerLite is its novice-friendly features and easy-to-use interface. It allows even new users like me who don't have the required technical skills to send beautiful and elegant emails to my subscribers.

But for me, the best feature of MailerLite is it's totally free for the first 1,000 subscribers. So if you have a pretty small subscriber list, then you don't have to pay anything but still, you can use all the necessary functionalities.

The Customer Service is also helpful and responsive with their 'Chat Features'

Cons

Perhaps, one of the biggest disadvantages of MailerLite is that they do not allow Affiliate Links. This is crucial especially for users who are relying on other people's list when selling their products.

George O.

Great and Simple Email marketing platform with all the features you'll ever need

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Increased my list count and user subscription properly segmented users and increased customer response with easy to use email designer.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the user dashboard and the practicality of its flow. The reporting is awesome the A/B split testing is thorough and simple to include in any campaign and covering the subject line, email content, etc...
Automation and workflow features, although very advanced are practical and powerful.
The forms contain all you need, from pop-up forms, landing page forms, etc..all with settings that go from click to pop-up, exit intent, time-on-site, and many other event triggers.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about MailerLite, if anything I would like to see full-featured landing page builder being added and remarketing/retargeting capability to the lists on the account, but that would probably mean a different use of the platform. MailerLite is great as is.

Danielle G.

The best autoresponder out there

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

I love Mailerlite and recommend it to my clients.

Pros

I love that it is easy to use and is available in more languages, not just in English.

Cons

Would be nice if the knowledge base and support was also available in French.

Meghan E.

My favorite email solution

Reviewed on 2019/01/13

I've tried a lot of email marketing services and this is by far my favorite. Their team is open to suggestions and it's not uncommon to ask for a feature and see it implemented a few months later. They also have regular webinars that teach you not only hot to better use their product but also how to improve your email marketing overall.

Pros

The value for the money and the fact that the team keeps improving the product and has been loyal to their early adopters by grandfathering in their pricing. Their support is amazing.

Cons

There have been a few glitches over the years, but they always take responsibility and make it right. There have been deliverability problems in the past, but they've improved and are now one of the top companies for deliverability.

Solid GDPR-Compliant Mail-Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Pros

I like most that you can track all the user information super simple (signup confirmation, which emails they received etc). So when you get a request of a newsletter subscriber you can just send him this document they offer.

Cons

Sometimes the support during rush hours is not the fastest.

Karen H.

One of my top recommended email providers

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Overall, my experience with Mailerlite has been good. I like the variety of features they have from popups to landing pages, etc. They seem to be a pretty good team that thinks about new releases before dropping every new feature which is good.

Pros

Mailerlite was one of the first newsletter programs I used after considering another super popular platform. I wasn't ready for heavy integrations as I was still growing my list. So it was perfect for me to get started with, since then I have been a continued user.

There have also been some updates they have made to the software since I first started using it years ago and I think they are great. I can't wait for more amazing updates.

Cons

With the new updates sometimes the servers are slower so you have to be a bit patient. I wish there was more ability to customize forms and newsletter content with custom fonts etc.

If there are I haven't figured that part out quite yet. Also, I would love to see better ways to segment or tag subscribers.

Angelica C.

The next best thing

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

I switched from Mailchimp due to its price and found a very good substitute. The staff is completely friendly and will help you with anything. They are adding a lot of features every month and it's really worth it.

Pros

This is the best experience with a email marketing tool I've ever had. It's friendly, has all the basic features you need and then some really new interesting ones.
The price is fair and support is just a click away in the chat box.

Cons

It's lacking some segmentation options and some auto-responder triggers, but with some work, it's possible to create a workaround.
They have increased their prices recently for new users.

Adeleke S.

Advanced Email Marketing Simplified

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/07

Overall: As a digital marketing agency.

It is easy to integrate MailerLite account with my WordPress Websites by using the available WordPress plugin.

Sales automations is made easy without any technical experience required.

The Ease-Of-Use of MailerLite has increased my email list and also guarantees successful delivery of email campaigns to the intended recipients.

Pros

Mailerlite provides a complete email marketing solution.

What makes it unique from others is its EASE OF USE.

The intuitive and user-friendly interface makes it easy to design beautiful and highly converting landing pages and pop-up forms.

Their dashboard makes it easy to manage subscribers.

The price is flexible and affordable relatively compared to the value gotten from the service.

Cons

As simple and easy Mailerlite is, the least thing I liked about Mailerlite is the fact that I find it difficult to get new accounts approved even though all requirements are met verifying with a custom email account.

And the support team doesn't have any tangible reason to backup their claims.

As this is the main problem I've been facing because I'd love to integrate Mailerlite on my clients' website.

Great product with an even better customer support team

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

The emailing capabilities are great, everything just works. The team keeps adding improvements and new features to the product (in the time we've been using MailerLite, they added automation, improved segmentation, lots of new integrations and so on). The product is in active development which is great.

Whenever something went wrong, customer support has managed so solve it quickly.

Overall, MailerLite is great value for money and I'd recommend it for small-to-middle sized marketers.

Cons

It's not ideal for an e-commerce business.
Also, as your mailing list grows, some of the segmentation features become a bit limited (but then again, we're using MailerLite in online retail so these drawbacks are mostly related to that).

Michelle H.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Affordable, easy to use, added value with landing pages/popups

Pros

I have used MANY services and Mailerlite is hands down the best. That is the truth and I am in no way incentivized for this review. It is affordable, especially when your list gets pretty large. It is easy to use and you can create exactly the email you want very quickly. They let you customize your opt in/opt out pages and it's easy to do. Another super cool feature is they let you make pop ups/ embedded forms, and even landing pages! That is stuff others don't offer or even charge more for.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints. There are a couple times I thought of going to a self hosted mailing list, but mailerlite is so perfect for me I don't want to leave.

Jovanhanna T.

The best email platform and it has landing pages!

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Pros

Super easy to use from the start. There is zero coding needed to create landing pages and beautiful email newsletters. Their free account offers automation and many of the same advantages as the paid accounts. Mailerlite is constantly improving and adding new features. Ive been using them for about 3 years now and absolutely love it and recommend it to anyone looking for an email solution.

Cons

Its not able to integrate with other plugins that are specific to the theme I use on my website. There are workarounds, but it would be nice if I could have that functionality.

Alina P.

My favorite email marketing service

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

I've switched to MailerLite in 2017 for all of my author platform related newsletter lists and campaigns. It made sense price wise, as it offered a lot of value for money. it also didn't count people subscribed to multiple newsletter more than once, which I thought was a refreshing twist on the service I was using primarily at the time.

Since then, I've been growing and expanding my email marketing and everything seemed super easy. I can customize everything, from welcome pages and emails to automation sequences and sign up forms. Implementing all of the GDPR new requirements was also pretty easy and in that case, it helped a lot to work with a company that was also in the EU.

I am more than happy with MailerLite and it set up high expectations from other such providers.

Pros

I love MailerLite's ease of use, fast support, and variety of features and integrations.

Cons

The only con I can think of after much deliberation is the fact that sometimes outgoing campaigns are in a queue and there's not way to tell how long it will take to have them sent out.

Bára S.

Perfect, intuitive, at a great price. Best Customer Support!

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

Customer Support - They are constantly improving their features. I have the feeling that they will pass each of my requests to the development team and implement them within a short timeframe. They help me 24/7. I can write down my problem during the night and somebody help me in a few minutes.

Cons

Great Price for everybody. Very simple operation. I recommended ML to my team and my colleagues love ML as well. And we are not very technically capable. It was the reason why I changed my "old" system to Mailer Lite.

Friendly Outside, Harmful Inside

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

This company has not characteristics of an International company.
Don't put your eggs on their basket. Avoid mailerlite!

Pros

When you start everything is friendly and welcoming, but anticipate unpredictable and contrary to agreement behaviour.

Cons

After two years of working as a loyal client and putting all of my company eggs in mailerlite basket, exactly after a week I paid them for the third year subscription, they shocked me with stopping my account. No description, No evidence!
I had developed all of my company email marketing solutions on mailerlite. My lists, contents, forms, graphics, staff training and much more had established based on them. The reason was clear, they have good interface and reasonable price.
But one day I noticed that they have closed my account while I had renewed my account a week before for one year. No reason, No refund!
I contacted their support and asked them for the reason many times. No reason except manager decision! I continued contacting with support, but after all they closed the doors of online chat to me, the only way of connecting them.
I tried to find their headquarters and discuss them the situation, again no address or contacting way to headquarters.
After more than one month, I am yet confused with their behaviour.
Thanks Capterra, I noticed that there are many people with same experience. And again thanks Capterra, after all I could satisfy myself with putting a review here and elsewhere in the world! I never forgive this company for its non-professional behaviour and will continue preventing people using mailerlite service wherever and whenever I can. Avoid mailerlite! One day they will ruin your developments and grab your money!

0.0/10
Filip K.

Do the best job in their field

Reviewed on 2017/03/29

When it comes to easy to use email marketing software that won't let you down, in any case, MailerLite is your top choice. I work with a bunch of ESP's and I have to say MailerLite crew not only know what they are doing but they actually KNOW how average marketers use email marketing software. Every step which leads you from creating subject line to click, send, button was designed to make it easy (AND LOGICALLY) to use. Great drag n drop editor (both for e-mails and signup forms(!)) has never let me down. Email Marketing Automation features are field to improve but I bet they're working on it right now.

Pros

emails and signup forms drag'n'drop editors; little smart features that makes your work easier and faster;

Cons

Response from MailerLite

Filip, thank you a lot for the review. It's a pleasure to have you as our customer.

Bob S.

I love MailerLite, packed with features even for the free version.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

MailerLite makes keeping in touch with my subscribers so simple, I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I love that it is easy to use and packed with so many features even in the free version. The ability to copy campaigns and just make a few changes to send out another mailing in minutes is probably one of the best features.

Cons

I sometimes struggle with the web forms in getting them just right for my website, but typically after a few tries I can get it.