Honey

4,6
Trystin B.

Awesome.

Reviewed on 2015/06/11

As part of an ever-growing global digital agency, I can say with complete confidence that Honey has been integral in helping us maintain our universal sense of culture and communication. Whether it be a post on the state of anticipatory design, a new project's launch, or opinions on the best Michael Jackson song, everyone has the opportunity to take part in the conversation. And it makes us all the stronger for it.

Pros

Really creates a singular,open internal communication outlet despite organization's size or number of global locations.

Cons

I'd love to be able to attach calendar invites (alert-based times/dates) to event-based posts.

Genell P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Start Saving Money

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Overall, Honey is amazing! It has saved me a lot of money, I have build up rewards that I have used toward gift cards and it does it automatically. Make sure that you double check your purchase before you confirm and be aware that if your purchase is time sensitive, you may want to turn off honey before you begin because the scan can take a few seconds, and will scan whenever you check out with something, so time sensitive things like auctions on different sites could potentially be lost because Honey will look for a coupon code.

Pros

Honey is an awesome tool for people who do a lot of purchasing online. This software searches for and alerts the user to coupon codes that can save them money on their purchases from just about everywhere. And it does it automatically after it is installed and set up.

Cons

Honey will always default to a "cash" discount rather than added merchandise so be aware. For example, on one purchase that I made, a years supply of a rather expensive fish food was offered with purchase or a coupon code could have been added for $15. Both codes could not be used on the same purchase. I much rather have had the fish food which would have totaled out to more saved for me in the long run but honey wiped out that coupon code to attach the $15 off code. Thankfully I caught it before hitting the confirmation button.

Taylor K.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Saves you so much money

Reviewed on 2020/11/21

Using Honey is a no brainer. It's so easy to install and saves so much money. There's basically no reason not to do it.

Pros

I love how easy it was to just install Honey, then every time I check out online it automatically goes through all of the promo codes to find me the best deal

Cons

Sometimes Honey doesn't automatically start going through promo codes and I have to reactivate it for certain websites

Anthony B.
Industry: Financial Services

Neat plug in, but not very effective

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

This application is ok, not great. I find it to be more hassle than it is worth, as it takes some time to run through the different coupon options, and when it does not work, the page resets. I have only gotten something good out of it once or twice.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it is a plug in directly to your browser like Google Chrome, and then when you are on an e-commerce site, like Amazon, and check out, it pops up to say it found coupons and asks if you want to apply the coupons.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I find it quite ineffective. I think I have only had a coupon that actually works a handful of times, if that, and if I ever have my own code, the ones that Honey finds are never as good as the ones I have.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: Self Employed

Honey Review

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Overall, I would highly recommend Honey to everyone. It's super easy to download, has saved me a lot of money with a few clicks, and it's free! It's saved me the headache of searching for coupons myself and also re-directs me to better deals elsewhere on the Internet - couldn't ask for more!

Pros

Honey is a great browser extension and mobile app that is really easy to download. It saves users a lot of money by scanning Amazon and online shopping websites to find the best deals. It also saves me the trouble of having to search for coupons myself (which often end up not working) and maximizes my savings. The tool is quick and only takes a couple clicks before it generates a coupon code.

Cons

There aren't too many things I don't like about Honey. A few that come to mind is that there were a few times when the coupon codes don't work, but that's just the reality of testing out different coupons. I also wish that Honey could be used in a browser on mobile phones. Finally, Honey collects some of your personal information but they make it clear what info they collect in their privacy policy.

Industry: Internet

Honey is amazing and a simple way to save money on purchases

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

I have it installed so that anytime I go to a checkout cart, the available coupons pop up and apply themselves to my cart. Love it

Pros

I love Honey. I have it in my browser installed so when I go and buy things, it will automatically pop up and search for coupons from all over the internet to apply and gives you the best deal

Cons

I love everything about Honey. It couldn't be easier to use and is something I specifically go to my laptop to use when ordering. I guess the only thing I'd love would be it to be used somehow in a browser on mobile

Lauri a. M.
Industry: Financial Services

Why WOULDN'T you have this app automatically find coupons/discounts for your online purchases??

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/04/30

It works better than WikiBuy which has gotten me nothing so far but seems to direct us to lost leaders. Just load the Honey app, already and let it do it's thing on Amazon, Etsy, etc.!

Pros

There's no thinking involved. The Honey app finds and applies discounts and coupons directly to your purchases. There's no downside. Maybe you can still cash points in for gift cards which I did at my job once, too.

Cons

Er, nothing I can think of. I guess I just never know the difference between going to the my account and how points are collected for gift cards vs. just getting discounts on my purchases.

Kymahn C.
Industry: Computer Games

My Honey Review

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/05

But Overall Honey I a really cool extension EVERYONE should have on their browser....Istall now and thank me later!

Pros

Honey...Is a life saver...They saved me a ton of money...I saved a total of $3,060 with honey
And you can install honey with a couple clicks....
I also like how honey stays on your browser and scans the whole internet just to save me a ton of money.
Just for example sake-I recently went on amazon to buy a pc part and when i checked out I saw a $80 discount!...LIKE THATS AWESOME!
And the best thing about Honey is that it free!...And it saves a lot of money.

Cons

I honey have some privacy issues they should fix.

Mariah M.

Perfect for online shopping

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Overall, the app is super effective and has allowed me to save money. I also like the rewards feature.

Pros

The honey plugin is a handy tool to use if you're a frequent online shopper. I love that it will try several coupons right at checkout so that you know that you're getting the best deal.

Cons

Sometimes the coupons do not work or are outdated. I also do not like how it keeps refreshing when it's trying different coupons.

Sean R.
Industry: Real Estate

Amazing, download and don't think about it

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Eliminates need for coupons and goes with you everywhere you go.

Pros

With the app running in the background, all you have do to is make sure it's extension is loaded and you will instantly save money.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. The extension is easy to download and you tell it when you want it to verify that you are getting the best deal.

Hannah S.
Industry: Graphic Design

Easy Way to Save Some Money

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

I have definitely saved some money over the years.

Pros

For me, Honey was the first of its kind. I used to spend forever trying to hunt down coupon codes. Honey integrates seamlessly into my online shopping. It's a no brainer.

Cons

Now, there are so many options when it comes to getting money back. Since Honey uses points for money back instead of dollars, it is hard to compare to others in terms of cash back.

Tracy P.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Honeys Fantastic Coupons

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

The program works great, saves me money, and is definately worth getting.

Pros

Honey does just what it says and finds you discount codes for countless websites. I've saved a lot of money that I wouldn't have without Honey. Honey is very useful and easy to use. It's very simple and easy, Honey puts the codes reminds you to check for codes when cashing out on a website and puts the codes right in for you.

Cons

There's little to nothing I dislike about this software. On a rare occasion the codes don't work but I dont mind that.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Honey, It's Not Just For Bee's

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

This software allows me to share information with my team at a moments notice. It also allows me to keep all of my teammates in the loop and the conversation going.

Cons

It took me a little longer than anticipated to fully understand all of it's bells and whistles.

Lauren L.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Stacks on Stacks of Coupons!!!

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Pros

Honey has discount codes for literally every website I shop on. Sometimes I can even get discounts on Amazon. Honey also has the price-drop feature, where you can bookmark an item and be notified when the price goes down on it! Super cool, super helpful, super easy to install and use with Google Chrome. Honey will make my Christmas shopping infinitely easier this year!

Cons

I truly have nothing bad to say about this software.

Allison T.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I abolutely love Honey!

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

Honey is hands down the best software for spreading and receiving all the needed information.
It's so easy to set up and use, also quite well priced with user friendly interface.

Cons

Absolutely no negative sides to Honey!

Honey, How I Love You

Reviewed on 2015/06/11

I click on my Honey bookmark at least ten times a day. As an admin, I find it to be the most powerful tool to spread the news about what I'm up to at work (I run events for my company), as well as respond to any questions people have, either pre-emptively or by using the comments. It's helpful for me as a directory, a crowdsourcing tool, a repository of the day's relevant topics as well as a way to survey relevant discussions over time.

Pros

Beautiful, easy, helpful, cute. It's the only work-related site/software/app that doesn't completely suck, and not only that, but is actually awesome.

Industry: Internet

Great platform for organisational-wide comms!

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

We can store and share information across five offices worldwide in a professional & streamlined way.

Pros

We use this platform to socialize our fortnightly newsletter across the company internationally. Also as a platform to publish and promote articles internally and learnings that affect people in the company, from data security updates to onboarding assets.

Cons

The usability can be confusing at time, and the search & filing function has room for improvement. Again it's a tool that needs commitment so if the organization as a whole is on-board it can work well.

Trish A.
Industry: Hospitality

Deals and more deals!

Reviewed on 2019/12/21

In the past we would not even know if there was a better deal out there so we would have to shop around and that took forever sometimes.

Pros

I love how much time we safe because we do not have to shop sites for the best deal on an item anymore, we just look for what we need and Honey does the rest for us! Very valuable to save time (which is money) and save money on the items we need.

Cons

There is nothing to not like, it is easy and very valuable for us to save time and money, we are so happy to have found it!

Theresa S.

Different kind of Intranet

Reviewed on 2015/06/11

We introduced Honey to our mid-sized agency in an effort to connect and inspire employees as well as foster collaboration across the agency and our locations.

Pros

We immediately adopted directory functionality of Honey and we love to utilize the user tagging. Overall, the tool is intuitive and engaging. People adopted it fairly quickly, even senior level team members. The customer support is phenomenal from initial sales conversations through to day-to-day maintenance. Highly responsive and transparent about updates.

Cons

Honey is constantly improving. As a newer service, there are definitely features that could be enhanced, however an amazing part of Honey today is being able to have a conversation with the customer support folks and then see the changes you requested or talked about being implemented almost immediately. We have the ability to help shape the program to our needs.

Katelyn S.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

WORTH IT

Reviewed on 2020/05/10

With honey, I have saved at least 200 dollars in my shopping, and I haven't been using it for more than 4 months. It really works!

Pros

The software is completely free! It does not have any cost, and it does not spam you with notifications, it is merely just a tool to help you save money.

Cons

Honestly, I don't think there is much you can say that is bad about this software, there is no "lag", no unnecessary pop ups or spams, it works well.

Micah A.

Love Honey

Reviewed on 2015/06/11

Honey is Great! I use it every day and think its an awesome tool. It's quite useful to search for internal company information, or if you need to find out who a certain employee is. Aside from using it to find out information, it can be fun to just browse and see what type of stuff my colleagues are sharing. Overall I would recommend Honey any day of the week.

Georgia U.

Oh Honey

Reviewed on 2020/10/11

I have realized how much money I could have been saving before I used Honey and I am shocked! I am not sure why anyone wouldn't download this because it is free and super easy.

Pros

I saw plenty of ads and sponsorships for Honey which irritated me at first, but once I finally gave in and downloaded it, I was so surprised. I have been online shopping a lot and it immediately shows me where I can find a better deal. It's not intrusive with my computer which I appreciate!

Cons

I wish that the extension could not only find coupons, but upcoming sales or deals on sites I am shopping on. I think it could save people even more money if they added features like that.

Mickey G.
Industry: Computer Software

We love Honey at Work-Bench!

Reviewed on 2015/06/15

Honey has been an amazing way to strengthen our 175+ person community at Work-Bench, especially when it comes to all the awesome wins, updates, happenings, gifs, and news from co-workers that don't quite merit a company-wide or team-wide email, but that everyone is interested in and wants to be in the loop in.

Pros

Ease-of-use, beautifully designed, great community building tool.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind!

Alejandro G.
Industry: Consumer Services

Good for a start but if you're a big company, there are better options.

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

At the beginning was a good platform, however, the company grew up and it just could not give us what we needed. Only IOS app at the time we used it and was not the best app.

Pros

Good to co-work and communicate on small companies

Cons

Terrible mobile experience, responsive version experience just not the best.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Flavia A.
Company size: Self Employed

Comes in Handy

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/07/28

Especially now, when the online purchases have increased, or even if you need inspirations of online stores to buy, Honey is a nice choice. Really easy to use and free, can save you a lot of time and money!

Pros

Honey is a browser extension for Google (in my case) that is really easy to use. Whenever you are buying something, it searches for the best deals and coupons. You can actually save a lot, if you use it frequently.

Cons

As a little con, Honey finds coupons that are not necessarily right for your products or are expired, so you have to test them all, for sometimes to find none works.