inMotion ignite

Creative project management & proofing for improved workflow

Robin M.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Ignite Your Creativity

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Myself as well as my entire team uses inMotion/Ignite to manage their work, their projects, and submit proofs for review. We're able to add/customize proofing routes to include any essential or optional reviewers and add clients by using their email addresses. Ignite has been a great asset to our company and team.

Pros

What I like most about inMotion/Ignite is having the ability to post art proofs to anyone and gather their reviews, comments, approvals online from anywhere. This is critical especially now during a pandemic to be able to continue working and proofing in real-time. We use Ignite to assign and track projects and to generate reports of how we're all doing as well as the # of projects to-do and completed.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Ignite (and I've heard this complaint from a number of sales reps) is not being able to review a proof using a cell phone. An error message pops up asking the user to open Ignite to proof a file from a laptop or desktop. This is not always possible. Our sales team could be at home or somewhere without access to a computer which makes this difficult. I've sat in a doctor's office before and needed to proof a project quickly but wasn't able to. We're hoping this will be a feature in the near future for Ignite.

Amy B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

inMotion ignite is a great choice for any creative team

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Before we started inMotion, our our creative assets were kept on a shared drive that many people had access to. We also used Basecamp as a means of project management. Both of those options led to people poking around and downloading whatever they wanted without us knowing about it. This would lead to people using imagery that wasn't editted or approved. Now with inMotion, they have to request what they want and let us know what they are using it for. This way, we can get them the correct asset for their needs.

Pros

My favorite feature are the route templates. You can customize as many as you need. We use them for all sorts of approvals. You can send off a review to multiple people in multiple approvals tiers with just one click. The proofing environment is excellent - Everyone's comments live in one place. You can bring anyone with an inMotion account into the conversation. We've found it is way better than emailing feedback and versions. The proofing environment allows you to view versions and comments side-by-side so you can make sure all the changes were made.

Cons

It would be nice to have a way to bulk-assign members to tasks. For example if there is a project with 40 tasks in it, you have to click on the member 40 separate times to assign it to them. Same with due dates - if you do not use "start dates" you cannot bulk-assign due dates.

Response from inMotionNow

We're thrilled over how valuable route templates and proofing have become to your team! Thanks for sharing how big of an impact they've made to your team's workflow. We appreciate your suggestions on bulk actions and will keep working towards feature improvements!

Michelle B.
  • Industry: Plastics
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

If you don't have it, you need it.

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

Fabulous! It took us a good bit to implement the system and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was super patient and helpful. He helped me migrate users and projects from inMotion classic.Our IT department insisted on single sign on (SSO) close to our go live date and the support group helped us get SSO implemented. We had a very specific, very long form to submit a campaign or a project request. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the support team did an excellent job of implementing these forms with very minimal changes needed. I really couldn't have asked for a better user integration experience.

Pros

I am responsible for managing the projects in our department and making sure deadlines are met. Ignite makes it so easy to see all the details for each project or campaign. Here are some specific things I love.
• Review each request and get more info if necessary before the design team sees it.
• Upload new versions of file assets without having to delete the old one.
• EVERYTHING in one place. No more tracking down an email for a piece of project information. Our team is missing fewer and fewer deadlines now that our projects are organized.
• Proof is EASY and the team can see if/when a reviewer views a proof. Tiers make it super easy for your proof to automatically flow through a large group of reviewers.
• I can create a HUGE campaign with lots of pieces and deadlines and still keep it very organized with groups, projects and tasks.
• Stakeholders have found it very easy to use to request and review projects.

Cons

Sometimes the system lags, so when I change something it takes bit to refresh. Cost is the only other thing I can think of.

Response from inMotionNow

We love hearing how well ignite is working for your team's projects! Organizing everything in one place is so critical to successful collaboration - we're glad your team is really feeling that benefit. We'll definitely continue improving our system's speed and sync time to prevent those pesky lags. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Daniel S.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A step up from regular inmotion

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

I've been having a positive experience with inMotion ignite. It has worked well for our team that grew a lot this past year.

Pros

I like that you can set up tiers for your reviews. It doesn't go to the next tier until everyone under the first one has approved your work. Very easy to turn a project into a proof and I like that it's one page. to get to your proof on regular Inmotion you would have to go through like 7 different pages.

Cons

The old inmotion listed projects and segregated them with alternating colors behind them so it was easy to distinguish between your differrent projects, also had thumbnail images of the projects so it was easy to locate. ignite just has a giant list and when your comapny uses ID numbers you just get a list of 12 digit numbers and it's very chaotic.

Too many emails, which can be switched off, but the default shouldn't be to send me an email for everything.

Zach F.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

A complete and comprehensive solution for our department and company

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

My overall experience with inMotion has been fantastic. It is a great program with a great team developing it and a great team of people managing the success of their customers.

Pros

One of the many great things about inMotion is how comprehensive of a solution it is. When I looked at products to manage requests, manage work and approve marketing work not just within my own team but have approvals from other departments inMotion was the only solution that did it all in a way that made it easy for everyone involved in a project. The ease of use makes anyone jumping in able to find their way around the program easily. They are constantly improving it and seeking user suggestions and feedback which contributes to how they continue to get it right and continue to improve the program.

Cons

I can't provide any criticism or even constructive criticism of the program. I speak to members of the product development team occasionally and I know that many of the features I would to be in the program are being developed so it's only a matter of time before they have included all the features I would like to see added.

Response from inMotionNow

Wow! We love hearing how compatible inMotion has been with your team's workflow. We're excited about upcoming features and can't wait to share them. Thanks for your kind review!

Krista R.

Thoughts From a Fast Paced Non Profit

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

The tool does what it is suppose to and we are happy with the results. The highlight for me however has been the truly amazing customer service. We have worked with two relationship managers during our time with InMotion, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and they have both gone above and beyond. Their knowledge and eagerness to support had truly made the experience with InMotion and enjoyable one.

Pros

We love how this software has streamlined our process. We had previously used word/excel/email to track our creative team intake. In Motion has allowed us to have an automated high-level overview of departmental tasks which we had to a degree before but was a very manual process. It has also allowed us to put some 'guard rails' up around our request parameters which saves our marketing managers time and the entire team headache!

Cons

The learning curve when first onboarding is quite steep. The most consistent piece of feedback I receive during training is some elements are not intuitive, connecting team members and reviewers to specific pieces of the jobs for example.

Karla S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great platform for our team

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

We have grown tremendously as a team with the help and support of inMotion ignite. It allows us to continue our work with the highest quality due to the number of tools and features the platform offers.

Pros

I use this product daily as I'm one of the administrators who assigns projects to our team. I love how robust it is. It enables us to keep our projects organized and improve the work flow between developers and requestors. Some of the features I like the most are the multiple views and the proofs/reviews dashboard.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that tasks and projects cannot be viewed under a single page. Also, it would be great if the search had more advance features to be able to find projects more easily.

Lindsay N.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great product for project managing design work

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

We are able to more efficiently gather project requests, track projects, proof files, and see each others' work.

Pros

We haven't ever had a decent project management system, especially one designed for designers. IMN has allowed us to coordinate projects and reviews and increase efficiencies amazingly. The review system -- being able to keep everything in a single location and out of emails -- is probably my favorite feature. And i love that in a meeting with one of my staff, I can simply pull up the projects they're working on, their progress, and see any snags.

Cons

There are a few features that we've requested at a pretty detailed level. An app was just released to review proofs, but not to use the other features - mobile access will make this so much better. The software runs rather slowly for a cloud-based one, takes forever for each page to load. Sometimes the detail is cumbersome -- did we leave comments at the campaign, project, task, or proof level for this part?.

Markell L.

InMotion keeps us on-task and provides a centralized location for all job needs

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

InMotion provides excellent support for its software and makes it painless to set-up, train users, launch, and keep using. In only one year of use, it's been critical in managing our work flow, increasing the accuracy of our quotes, and ensuring that our team profitable.

Pros

It's easy to use from the start and continues to become more relevant as you set up templates and continue to refine your processes.

Cons

It lacks the ability to track financials in a way that's meaningful.

Leo T.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Useful Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Pros

The best part of using Ignite is the ability to create custom views. This is super helpful for a project manager to filter and sort high level project status information.

Cons

Not being able to easily print project briefs and custom views.

Response from inMotionNow

Awesome! Custom views are extremely versatile - so great to hear how they've been helpful in your role. Also, an exciting product update - you can now easily export your project briefs (requests) now to make printing simple!

• Industry: Events Services

Task Management at it's finest

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

Pros

As a production manager I work with a handful of designers, developers, and editors. InMotion has a simple, easy-to-use interface that allows me to identify which team member from which division should recieve my job request, allows easy attachement of files, and confirmation of reciept. Also it tells me the status of the project which is great!

Cons

What I dislike is sometimes the software would stop functioning randomly and there was no easy way to contact customer support. Maybe it's a bug but at times requests forms would be filled out and could not submit properly even after reloading the software.

Heather V.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

InMotion Ignite review

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Pros

We produce hundreds of ads in a short period of time, and this software has helped tremendously to organize our workflow.

Cons

I miss the precise timer feature of the previous InMotion—we track the time that our creative staff spends on tasks to estimate our workload and staffing needs, and now everyone is "best guessing" their time spent.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Not very good

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

Pros

Nice concept for routing documents for review and redlining. The basic idea seems solid but the tools need to be better.

Cons

Markup tools are weak. It's like using a big thick black marker and you can't insert it into fine spaces where you want the text insertion to go.

It was buggy, it wouldn't allow me to do anything at all until I adjusted the zoom level to an even percentage.

Not really better than other redline markup tools that I have used.

Huge time saver!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Saved marketing a ton of time by allowing collaboration

Cons

Everyone must be on-board with using the project for it to work effectively

Ronald B.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 2017/04/27

Heather B.

Workflow

Reviewed on 2014/12/06

I was introduced to this company at a design conference. Focused on solutions for creative and marketing teams. Web based application only. Helps creative teams get better at receiving inbound requests for work they ne d created. Neat proofing and review tools in browser and on iPad (slick tool) and Android (didn't try). Automates project steps around tasks and milestones. Reason to use - claims to speed up time to market by more than 50% by better managing intake, work steps and approvals. Supports content development for print, web, video. Enterprise ready. 10+ years in business.

Pros: this is a tool that can be used with very little experience as found it intuitive. Segments the users based on specific roles - business teams needing work and creative teams doing work. Automates almost evry work step from tasks by templates to proof routing (review routing rules is most valued component). Adoption is fast for teams that make requests and review content.

Cons: the project management tools are meant for fast turn projects. No issue tracking/bug tracking. Connects to external and cloud file storage like Dropbox, Sharefile, etc rather than hosting their own.

This is a great tool for creative teams supporting fast moving companies responsible for lots of content types and serving lots of business units.

• Industry: Semiconductors
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Better options out there for creative project management

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Pros

They were responsive about keeping us up to date with when features would be released and any time we needed help, but there was little about the product itself I liked.

Cons

It feels like a clunky platform with outdated UI and confusing workflows and task management. No one ever really felt like they could get a firm grasp on how to use it, despite the numerous instruction sessions we had, and all the features we needed were constantly "coming soon." Even now, googling the name inmotion doesn't even show this product, so if they can't basic SEO right, I'm afraid that's a good representation of the level of quality to expect.

Tye B.

great customer service, lackluster interface

Reviewed on 2015/10/22

The user interface is Flash-based, which by itself is a huge negative, and the way the tools are designed and work clearly indicate the work of engineering-led thinking and not UI-expert thinking. The markup tools are rudimentary at best, though I hear some upgrades are coming.
There are layers upon layers of menus with vague labeling. I understand this is a complex, configurable tool, but this product needs a thorough overhaul to break it out of its current antiquated approach to usability. On the plus side, the customer service team is super helpful in helping customize the tool for customer needs and helping users discover features buried by the poor interface design.

Response from inMotionNow

[response updated 17-Feb-2017]

Tye,

Thank you for the thoughtful comments. We rely on the honest feedback from our customers to continually make our product better.

I'm happy to share that inMotion has a completely redesigned review environment. The new review environment incorporates years of feedback gathered from users just like you! It's built on HTML5 (no more Flash!) and utilizes Google's material design principles to ensure streamlined ease-of use.

We're confident these updates can address many of the usability challenges you're having, to make the already powerful features of inMotion even better.

If you're interested in migrating to the new review environment, we would be happy to get you started.

In the meantime, we welcome all manner of feedback and thanks for taking the time to offer it.

- inMotionNow Customer Success Team

Shana S.

Really solid platform

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

My agency works closely with inMotionNow on several marketing campaigns, and we use this platform to move our creative projects along more quickly and efficiently. In using the platform for a few months, not only have we found that it saves our team a great deal of time by streamlining the creative review process, but it's also a great platform to collaborate with our clients as a team effort.

Pros

Easy to use interface.
Ability to collaborate with several team members and clients in one place.
Eliminates the hassle of updating multiple documents to reflect design and copy changes.

Cons

Sometimes the comments run off the page, but this is fixable by moving the comment box.

Devon P.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Ignite

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Pros

The dashboard is clean and customizable. I love the @ feature.

Cons

It would be nice if task due dates would automatically adjust based on completion of previous task.

A Ton of Work on the Front End that Will Only Help if you Already Have Solid Processes in Place

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

A great tool for creative departments that already have solidified processes and need to open review to multiple stakeholders.

Pros

Feedback from clients and internal teams on creative is much easier to be collaborative with in this tool, and opening access at certain times to certain stakeholders is really nice.

Cons

Uploads of large files (which, come on - we're always going to be working with) take forever. There's a LOT of work to be done on the front end for whomever ends up administrating this software and if you don't already have solid workflows in place, this probably won't help much.

Lindsay M.

inMotion Software very Helpful

Reviewed on 2015/11/24

I used this software while developing a site for a client. It streamlined everything for us, as the site was rather large and had a lot of pages that needed to be reviewed by a group of people.

Pros

Keeps everything very organized so everyone knows exactly what proofs are what. You can make edit notes to the proofs directly within the software.

Cons

If you don't have the email notification with the link to the proof, it is difficult to login to your account to find it on your own.

Exceptional Project Management

Reviewed on 2018/07/08

Very easy to use, Must have for creative groups.

Pros

When it comes to teamwork, this software helped fill any of our collaboration issues. It ultimately made of group stronger.

Cons

Well, It could add a few more features for project management but overall a good software application.

Jill peet S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2017/04/10

Heather S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Working Out the Kinks

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

We seem to be a bit more organized in that most all information has a spot in IMN. I also like the project templates for the most part.

Pros

I like that our every day customer can track the progress of their project. I also love the reporting feature as that didn't exist in our last database.

Cons

For our purposes and time savings, I prefer more customization. We almost require a database specific to our company as we manage print for our customers as well. It's hard to do so in IMN from what we have experienced. We also deal with large files that IMN cannot handle.