inMotion Reviews

inMotion

Workflow management for marketing and creative teams.

3.8/5 (44 reviews)

Great creative project management tool!

Reviewed on 2016/06/29
Review Source

I first started using used inMotion a few years back as a content reviewer and absolutely loved how much easier it made the entire review process. There was really no learning curve for our team and it helped take care of the communication and collaboration gaps we were having. When it came time at my current company to look for a solution, I got a chance to get deeper into the application and was impressed with how well it worked on the creative request and project management side. We found that the tool was definitely built with an eye for creative teams, more so than Basecamp and Office (which we'd been using prior to inMotion).

I also love the customer service group. They are truly terrific to work with. Our entire team found inMotion to be incredibly helpful getting us started and working with us as we needed them to get questions answered. These guys speak the creative language.

Great (fun and passionate) team
built for marketing and creative teams

Cons

Missing some of the more complex PM features (we didn't need or want them)

Valerie K.

Happy Creative Department

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

When we found InMotion, as a Department, we were very excited to dive into it and use. The sales staff on the other hand, being very set in their old ways of paper proofs, weren't too excited to switch. That is until they got into it - they are all now using InMotion and have been very happy with the program. I know that I can always count on your outstanding customer service for any new idea that may come up, for advice on how to streamline something better, or to trouble shoot and fix any obstacles we may have gotten into. Not to name names, (I'm going to anyway) but Dylan Boan has been awesome to work with and has always had exceptional response time and answers to my questions and fixes to problems. It's been a pleasure to work with him! We are very happy with InMotion overall and look forward to utilizing the new review environment and seeing what is in store for 2017.

Pros

Ease of use, interface, and organization filters.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like.

Angel G.

inMotion Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

Very user-friendly. Excellent customer support. Easy to use and navigate, even for non tech savvy folks. I use it for project management, creative workflow management, and online proofing. Anyone can use it. It also integrates with third-party software such as digital asset management solutions, so your final files are automatically synced and ready for others to view and/or download.

Pros

It's extremely user-friendly! It has a very nice, clean, and simple interface. It's browser-based so there is no software to install. And it has a mobile app, so you can use it anytime or anywhere!

Cons

Some of the account settings are a little confusing to set up, but the training and customer support has been great. I haven't used the reporting feature much, but it doesn't seem to provide what I was looking for, such as how many jobs have been submitted, how many have been completed, which reviewers are behind on proofing, etc.

Better options out there for creative project management

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Pros

They were responsive about keeping us up to date with when features would be released and any time we needed help, but there was little about the product itself I liked.

Cons

It feels like a clunky platform with outdated UI and confusing workflows and task management. No one ever really felt like they could get a firm grasp on how to use it, despite the numerous instruction sessions we had, and all the features we needed were constantly "coming soon." Even now, googling the name inmotion doesn't even show this product, so if they can't basic SEO right, I'm afraid that's a good representation of the level of quality to expect.

2.0/10
Markell L.

InMotion keeps us on-task and provides a centralized location for all job needs

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

InMotion provides excellent support for its software and makes it painless to set-up, train users, launch, and keep using. In only one year of use, it's been critical in managing our work flow, increasing the accuracy of our quotes, and ensuring that our team profitable.

Pros

It's easy to use from the start and continues to become more relevant as you set up templates and continue to refine your processes.

Cons

It lacks the ability to track financials in a way that's meaningful.

InMotion Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Overall, InMotion is a good tool for organizing and tracking internal and external production and special events. Once you get past the learning curve, and all team members have excelled at utilizing the program, it should fit all your needs perfectly.

Pros

What I like most about InMotion is that it provides a way for up-to-date tracking on internal production, and allows me to send out tasks to my team members and proofs to my clients all in one singular program.

Cons

What I do not like about InMotion is the setup of the user interface. At first glance, it looks like any other tracking and organization software. It looks like a combination of Salesforce and ShowManager. However, for the average user, if you have not had any training on event management or production management software before, seeing that many panels with small, unlabeled buttons can be a bit overwhelming. Other programs will have drop down menus or columns with all it's pre-filtered lists labeled for you. InMotion does not have that feature at first glance.

Tye B.

great customer service, lackluster interface

Reviewed on 2015/10/22

The user interface is Flash-based, which by itself is a huge negative, and the way the tools are designed and work clearly indicate the work of engineering-led thinking and not UI-expert thinking. The markup tools are rudimentary at best, though I hear some upgrades are coming.
There are layers upon layers of menus with vague labeling. I understand this is a complex, configurable tool, but this product needs a thorough overhaul to break it out of its current antiquated approach to usability. On the plus side, the customer service team is super helpful in helping customize the tool for customer needs and helping users discover features buried by the poor interface design.

Response from inMotionNow

[response updated 17-Feb-2017]

Tye,

Thank you for the thoughtful comments. We rely on the honest feedback from our customers to continually make our product better.

I'm happy to share that inMotion has a completely redesigned review environment. The new review environment incorporates years of feedback gathered from users just like you! It's built on HTML5 (no more Flash!) and utilizes Google's material design principles to ensure streamlined ease-of use.

We're confident these updates can address many of the usability challenges you're having, to make the already powerful features of inMotion even better.

If you're interested in migrating to the new review environment, we would be happy to get you started.

In the meantime, we welcome all manner of feedback and thanks for taking the time to offer it.

- inMotionNow Customer Success Team

Jenny T.

I used InMotion while working with a client to share work and feedback on various projects.

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

I like that InMotion allowed us to see the client's feedback right within the interface, and comment back and forth to make sure everyone was on the same page.

Cons

The software seemed like it could have been simplified - some parts of the interface were not very intuitive and required a lot of extra steps. The interface also felt a bit old, but there may be a newer version that we just weren't using.

inMotion!

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

Pros

Being a designer the reviewing process is a big part of my job. With inMotion coworkers are able to submit requests, give a brief statement of what they're looking for and attach files that are relevant. Once my draft is done I upload and send out to my review team, where they then make notes directly on my files and tell me what should be changed. You can upload different versions of the same drafts making it super convenient.

Cons

During the review process it's a little difficult if you have questions you need answers too or want to explain anything to your reviewers. As the draft owner you can make comments on your own pieces unless someone tags you in a comment. I would love to be able to chat back and worth with my coworkers about certain elements. And sometimes knowing when a project has been approved slips through the cracks.

Heather B.

Workflow

Reviewed on 2014/12/06

I was introduced to this company at a design conference. Focused on solutions for creative and marketing teams. Web based application only. Helps creative teams get better at receiving inbound requests for work they ne d created. Neat proofing and review tools in browser and on iPad (slick tool) and Android (didn't try). Automates project steps around tasks and milestones. Reason to use - claims to speed up time to market by more than 50% by better managing intake, work steps and approvals. Supports content development for print, web, video. Enterprise ready. 10+ years in business.

Pros: this is a tool that can be used with very little experience as found it intuitive. Segments the users based on specific roles - business teams needing work and creative teams doing work. Automates almost evry work step from tasks by templates to proof routing (review routing rules is most valued component). Adoption is fast for teams that make requests and review content.

Cons: the project management tools are meant for fast turn projects. No issue tracking/bug tracking. Connects to external and cloud file storage like Dropbox, Sharefile, etc rather than hosting their own.

This is a great tool for creative teams supporting fast moving companies responsible for lots of content types and serving lots of business units.

Joshua S.

Good resource, poor UI.

Review Source

The app works well for checking the status of proofs. However, actually reviewing anything can be a frustrating experience. The UI is difficult to navigate on both mobile and tablet. There are also bugs with saving comments. I have spent time entering a number of comments on a page, only for the app to give me an error when attempting to save the status. There will be times when the app will not let me open a proof, regardless of the file type. It is also only for Reviews. There is no additional project management options, like creating a project, assigning tasks, or checking off your own tasks. Being able to do this would be a huge benefit for managing projects when out of the office.

Pros

» Shows status of proofs
» Allows for comments and approval status

Cons

» Commenting on proofs is buggy (won't save comments on occasion)
» Frustrating user interface
» Can't manage projects beyond reviewing proofs
» Highlighting words on app doesn't work like desktop (selects characters vs. words)

Response from inMotionNow

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We rely on your honest feedback to continually make inMotion better, no matter how critical the feedback. Our product team is actively looking into the issues you experienced to ensure they don't happen again.

We are also currently hard at work on re-building the Review and Approval portion of inMotion. It's a complete makeover and will incorporate years of feedback gathered from our customers. We're confident these updates will address many of the usability challenges you're having, in addition to making the already powerful features even better.

Our mobile applications focus only on Review & Approval functionality, not Project Management, as a result of direct customer feedback. However, the new re-build will also bring major updates to our iOS and Android apps.

Thanks again for taking the time to offer your feedback.

Task Management at it's finest

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/20

Pros

As a production manager I work with a handful of designers, developers, and editors. InMotion has a simple, easy-to-use interface that allows me to identify which team member from which division should recieve my job request, allows easy attachement of files, and confirmation of reciept. Also it tells me the status of the project which is great!

Cons

What I dislike is sometimes the software would stop functioning randomly and there was no easy way to contact customer support. Maybe it's a bug but at times requests forms would be filled out and could not submit properly even after reloading the software.

Kristie H.

Simple to use and set up

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Pros

The service has been very inexpensive for our email needs, there are even multiple platforms you can use. Each has different set up and functionality aspects.

Cons

Unless there was a setting somewhere I missed, it did not sync with my mobile device which is where I primarily check email. That creates quite the challenge when looking for sent emails or specific info. Sometimes I have to check my phone and desktop both to find what I am looking for

John B.

User-friendly time saver!

Reviewed on 2015/12/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The implementation of the software was quick, painless and came with very straight forward training sessions that had our team up and running quicker than I expected. From sales to training and support, everyone was very responsive and helpful. I've used several other platforms and this is by far the most intuitive/easy to figure out -- and easiest to get others trained on and using.

Cons

Ability to copy/edit and save a new project request would be a welcome addition.

Steven M.

I think the user interface is extremely easy to use and get used to.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

I really like the functionality and easy learning curve for the interface. I also thought the tech support was great.

Cons

It lacks the ability to track financials in a way that's meaningful but besides that I thought it was what you would expect.

Response from inMotionNow

Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Our customers are the best part about inMotion, and I'm glad to hear that you've had a great experience with the software!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help, and feel free to reach out to your CSM anytime with any questions or suggestions you may have! We are always excited to hear suggestions for future development.

Peter F.

Project management software that needs an update

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

Pros

It's got pretty much everything you need in a project management software, but it does so in a clunky way that is not user friendly.

Cons

The organization is complicated and not user friendly. We spent most of our time searching for things or trying to help others outside our department use this. I'm a professional designer used to managing projects in other ticket-based software, and this stumped me most of the time. Underlying architecture felt outdated as well.

3.0/10

InMotion has changed our workplace

Review Source

We use inMotion to receive client project requests, project management for a variety of projects and proofing. Couldn't be a better fit for us. It's the only software that lets us accomplish these things in one place while not requiring our IT department to manage the back end.

Pros

Easy to learn/use
Huge amount of versatility and customization
Customer support has been great
Handles basically anything we throw at it

Cons

Occasionally proofs don't display properly (probably a transparency issue)
Would like to be able to edit the review workflow at any time, not just the current tier
Would like more options on setting the proof available reminder email (perhaps by project?)

Shana S.

Really solid platform

Reviewed on 2015/12/08
Review Source

My agency works closely with inMotionNow on several marketing campaigns, and we use this platform to move our creative projects along more quickly and efficiently. In using the platform for a few months, not only have we found that it saves our team a great deal of time by streamlining the creative review process, but it's also a great platform to collaborate with our clients as a team effort.

Pros

Easy to use interface.
Ability to collaborate with several team members and clients in one place.
Eliminates the hassle of updating multiple documents to reflect design and copy changes.

Cons

Sometimes the comments run off the page, but this is fixable by moving the comment box.

Nicole H.

I had trouble with the app.

Reviewed on 2015/08/20

Once I down loaded the app it would not let me log in to view our ad. I tried setting up a new password and it wouldn't let me. Very difficult! I was on vacation and didn't have my lap top with me. Once I arrived back I was able to use the link bu I already missed my deadline of the ad!

Response from inMotionNow

Hello Nicole,

We're very sorry to hear about the challenges you had with our mobile app. And on vacation no less! For future reviews, we just released a new version of the app which makes the Reset Password option much easier to use.

Our support team is always here to help should you ever need anything, and again, sorry for the trouble!

We hope we have an opportunity to win back your trust very soon.

- inMotionNow Customer Success Team

Love this software!

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Our marketing and design teams have different challenges that other project management software can't seem to support. inMotion's online proofing and projects requests works seamlessly with our project management needs.

Cons

Sometimes the online proofing can be less than streamlined - but not too troublesome to call it a true "con"

Marissa P.

Creative Development Communication Tool

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Pros

inMotion was our internal creative development communication tool. We used it to communicate between the creative team on what we needed our signage and t-shirt designs to look like for our large events. It provide a clear status update and was very easy to use.

Cons

I didn't use inMotion long enough to find out what I liked least about the software.

John S.

In app markups are phenomenal

Reviewed on 2018/03/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The image markup utility has been a game changer for our company’s review process. We have increase output through the expedited approval process two-fold.

Cons

The request forms and logic used on them is very basic. Advancement with this piece of the solution would truely enhance the end user experience.

Erica H.

inMotion Delivers

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

Using inMotion provides an easy way for our stakeholders to submit their requests. It makes scheduling projects quick and easy and ensures that they get done on time. The proofing workflow truly revolutionized how we were able to review creative throughout the company. While the reporting tools are not as robust as other similar software, inMotion really is cost effective and fits into our budget so it is easier to overlook. The best part is the customer support is top notch. The team responds quickly every time and really works hard to help resolve any issue. Plus they are beyond receptive to suggestions and recommendations for future updates.

inMotion for a beginner

Review Source

I've only been using inMotion for a short time at a new gig I recently started at an inside creative agency for a large corporation. I've found it to be very easy to use. Setting up and routing project sthorugh review groups is very efficient and much easier than the old paper job jacket for every job.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Seamless review process. Setting up review groups makes it more efficient for everyone to know exactly where a project sit sin the review process.

Cons

A little clunky when you are just making a small simple edit. You have to log in and make the changes to the document on the screen and then submit. Sometimes it is easier to just hand write a quick edit on a comp and pass back to the studio. This is pretty minimal compared to the advantages.

A Ton of Work on the Front End that Will Only Help if you Already Have Solid Processes in Place

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

A great tool for creative departments that already have solidified processes and need to open review to multiple stakeholders.

Pros

Feedback from clients and internal teams on creative is much easier to be collaborative with in this tool, and opening access at certain times to certain stakeholders is really nice.

Cons

Uploads of large files (which, come on - we're always going to be working with) take forever. There's a LOT of work to be done on the front end for whomever ends up administrating this software and if you don't already have solid workflows in place, this probably won't help much.

4.0/10