BuzzSumo

Content curation & influencer marketing

sathish
sathish

Buzzsumo is an awesome tool to find new content ideas and get to know the influencers

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

This tool has helped us to come up with great content ideas and also connect with influencers in our industry.

Pros

We are using buzzsumo to discover the most popular topics in our niche and start writing on them to get more traffic. Buzzsumo gives us the exact number like how many people have shared a content on social networks. Also, we can easily find influencers with the help of this tool and get connected with them. Using this tool we have made some good connections in the industry and increased our web traffic by writing high quality content

Cons

It does what it promise and we are using this tool for connecting with influencers and finding new content ideas and this tool does the same

Kinga

It simply has to be in your toolbox.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

Buzzsumo is a brilliant tool that can save you a lot of time, marketing efforts, stress and hassle. It is not even a tool, it is a machine that can get your content strategy back on track and inspire you on a daily basis. I hit the content jackpot not once and not twice thanks to Buzzsumo. Identifying what content works wonders has never been easier, and I can't imagine my everyday work without Buzzsumo.

Cons

I am trying to think of any cons, but I struggle to find them. Pricing may be a bit offputting, but Buzzsumo is totally worth it. Also, if it only had a mobile app, then my life would be complete. ;)

Nima

Dissatisfied user comment.

Reviewed on 2022/11/10

Pros

To fit my budget. Friendly customer support.

Cons

Social media integrations are not strong. There are not enough tools for the workflow.

Must have for researchers

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Pros

I like the fact that lets you explore any topic in a certain amount of time. It lets you check the most popular articles which include a chosen keyword, so it makes it easy for you to for example check the marketing trends in 2016. What's more you can use it as a news service, cause it can give you a daily sum up of most popular articles connected with some topic. We also use it to find interesting influencers and journalists to follow on Twitter.

Cons

Actually I don't see here any cons. Maybe the only thing I'd add is some better quality of Twitter influencers connected with some topics. Sometimes there're people with a lot of followers, who only retweet others not creating their own thoughts.

Ron Elius
Ron Elius

Find the right Keyword for your Content

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Great!

Great!

Pros

What I like about Buzzsumo is Keyword relevancy, usage, and engagement. Whenever I deal with content writing for my clients, I use Buzzsumo to make sure I have the right Keywords so that my content will be relevant as much as possible.

Cons

Maybe it’s the learning curve, even though I’m using it always whenever I write content, sometimes it takes time to know the total power of this tool. Also, the pricing is a little bit high for SMBs and Solopreneurs.

Rodrigo Iván

Great for Content Research and SEO

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Great for research and SEO purposes, I really like it, its simple and easy to use, with a really straight forward interface.

Cons

Trial offers very limited capabilities, only for the trial I wouldn't get convinced until a friend show to me how it works

Amanda
Amanda

Must have Marketing software!

Reviewed on 2022/01/09

I'm extremely pleased with BuzzSumo. It's a must have in my marketing toolbox!

I'm extremely pleased with BuzzSumo. It's a must have in my marketing toolbox!

Pros

Keyword research and content research are my main uses of the product.

Cons

The price is more than I really would prefer to pay.

Bruce
Bruce
  • Industry: Hospitality

The absolute best tool for content research

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

I really enjoy using this tool. I have a big backlinking project coming that will be running until the end of the year. I can't wait to use Buzzsumo for this project.

Pros

I was always a fan of the Content Analyzer but the new Topic Explorer is awesome! It's great for content ideas based on what people are actually looking for online.

Cons

I don't use influencers much so I don't get to use this feature. Who knows? Maybe in the future.

Neha
  • Industry: Information Services

This tool is great for listening across the web

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

This tool helps me to find what content is relevant related to my products and services. Moreover using this tool helps me to amplify my efforts to find influencers. Using this tool helped me to increase organic traffic for my website

Pros

This tool is excellent to find out all important conversations around the web. Using this tool, I can discover important topics and conversations around the web and connect with the influencers. Moreover, this tool is not quite expensive.

Cons

This tool has nothing to hate. I really like this tool

• Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Hard to Leverage the information we get from BuzzSumo

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

I don't use it frequently enough

I don't use it frequently enough

Pros

It works
I review links daily
I look at the shared content weekly
I need this tool in general.
PR uses it to an extent.

Cons

I don't know enough how to benefit from the information I get from BuzzSumo
The monitoring is redundant with other tools.

• Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

It is a good research app.

Reviewed on 2022/12/12

a very fluid experience, with very convincing options, the order that has been given to my work and the priorities has been superior to the comments of other similar applications that colleagues have told me about or that I have tried in the past. I will surely continue to use it in the future.

Pros

It is a very good research application, I can enter from different devices anywhere and generate the results of the competition on a daily basis, without a doubt it is a very accurate application when it comes to giving a report or a suggestion about a certain service, urls, mapping etc

Cons

It has too many applications and tools that it is very easy to get lost within that sea of ​​resources, it is not that this is all bad, in fact those of the marketing department need many options to carry out the comparative research but this could be better tidy.

Ade

It is Very Useful for Content analysis and Monitoring

Reviewed on 2022/01/10

I am using it to monitor, take note and respond to discussions related to our brand online, build quality backlinks, and research content topics/keywords for blogs

Pros

Buzzsumo has helped me a great deal in identifying viral contents across the web and the content analyzer; which I use a lot helps in finding popular topics to write about on my blogs.

Another great advantage of BuzzSumo is that you can download and share all the attractive content you find on the platform without any restriction.

Cons

The pricing is the only negative aspect so far. I think they could launch plans with lower fees for individuals and small businesses.

Ajay
  • Industry: Banking

Why should Marketers use BuzzSumo

Reviewed on 2021/08/31

Easy to use and a must have if you are churning large scale content to drive traffic to your website or social channels.

Pros

Influencer Marketing plays a key armour in todays digital marketing. Creating content that is trending and viral remains a daunting task. BuzzSumo plays a critical role in filling that gap. It can throw thousands of key words related to your category, trending topics and relevant subjects to create content instantly and get better outcome for your content.

Cons

Since this is a unique tool could not find much of gaps to my disliking.

Adam
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Couldn't be happier. Recommend to colleagues all the time and have no instituted at several companies.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use, especially for people new to or inexperienced with digital marketing.

Cons

They recently changed the order columns export to excel, which is kind of annoying.

Ben
  • Used for 1+ year

Excellent social and content research tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

BuzzSumo helps us know what content is trending, find influencers, and uncover unlinked mentions. It can do much more than this, but these use cases alone are enough to make it worthwhile.

Pros

I feel that the obvious benefits of a tool like BuzzSumo (finding relevant influencers and trending content) are well-known and well-documented. One perhaps overlooked feature though is the ability to automate uncovering unlinked brand mentions around the web. This has helped us secure some powerful links in the past. Overall, BuzzSumo does what it says it will, and does it well.

Cons

There aren't many cons with BuzzSumo that I can think of. There hasn't been a time where I needed to use it for something and couldn't get it done easily enough.

Chris
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Powerful content insights tool

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

BuzzSumo is my first port of call for laying the foundations of a content strategy. The breadth of features available help paint a picture of what our audiences want, what our competitors are publishing, as well as influencers we can source to help promote our content.

Pros

Extremely powerful tool for gathering insights on publication volumes and social engagement of content. The team recently launched a keyword tool which, by my accounts, is the only tool available to map content publication vs search popularity.

Cons

Insight into social engagement is limited to Facebook, Twitter and Reddit. Insights into LinkedIn engagement would be particularly helpful from a B2B perspective.

Enes

BuzzSumo Review

Reviewed on 2022/06/10

Pros

Thanks to reporting and statistics, I can create a strategy for myself by looking at the data. This is my favorite feature. It helps me a lot in charting my own path.

Cons

It seemed like a bit of a mess. There were parts that I couldn't figure out.

Damini

A value add to social media activities

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Overall experience was good. Did not use a lot of features but whatever i used got some ROI

Pros

I used BuzzSumo for 18 months for a client. Just love the influencer feature it provides that lists all the twitter influencers on a particular topic with their followers info. Very helpful for influencer marketing.

Cons

I am not sure if instagram influencers are available on the tool, now. But it would be very helpful for e-commerce brands to get that kind of list and invest in right influencers.

Chip
  • Industry: Management Consulting

BuzzSumo keeps us smart

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

As a business that assists its clients by keeping a pulse on what's happening, BuzzSumo has been our best solution for aggregating information smartly.

Pros

I enjoy that this service integrates articles, blogs, social posts, infographs and more. The search functionality lets you then discover a multitude of insights that pertains to the topic you're seeking information on.

Cons

There are times when I want to search for topics and I'm limited to pre-established configurations, but the pros outweigh this sporadic con.

Great for finding influencers

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

Pros

I love using BuzzSumo to find influencers that are great in my target market. You can use different hashtags and ways to find people who are posting about what your brand represents. This is a great way to find and communicate with new influencers and track a posts progress throughout its lifespan.

Cons

I don't like how the different tiered pricing works because you need to purchase the highest one to get the full benefits of this software

Likhwa

Buzzsumo review

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

I have been able to get content ideas through Buzzsumo and redirect the focus of my blog to effectively compete with other blogs online. Using Buzzsumo, I have also been able to identify influencers for my marketing campaigns.

Pros

I like how Buzzsumo gives me insights about my competition as well as what content is working for them and the engagement of each post. This gives me content ideas and helps me redirect the strategic direction of my blog. I also like how I am able to use Buzzsumo to search for influencers on various topics and ascertain their influence and reach. Metrics such as their number of followers helps me identify the right people to partner with for my ad campaigns.

Cons

Despite being helpful, some of the stats on Buzzsumo do seem rather shallow or outdated. For example, I did a search for someone I know and the content that showed up seemed rather inaccurate. Their followers were lower than the actual.

Aala

Great tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

Really great and powerful tool that help anybody who wants to get a better marketing strategy on Internet

Cons

Some aspects are not perfect yet and need improvment.

Bingyi
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Super neat UI and features

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

I loved it when I was working as a digital marketing analyst. The pro features are really worthy of trying. They have pretty nice graphs and most importantly, the quality of data collected is pretty authenticated. They offer 7-day free trial for the BuzzSumo pro now. It was 14 days if I am correct.

Cons

Again, I don't like the price for the pro feature. But if you are a business, it is totally affordable and it is one of the few app I would recommend to purchase.

Alex

BuzzSumo is a great tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Pros

its easy to use and helps us keep a pulse on the industry and whats trending.

Cons

As with any platform you always wish you could pull more. This week I wanted to pull the top content for the year 2018 but couldn't do so. I'll just plan to wait until your report comes out.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Ride the trends!

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Pros

One of the best tools to discover trends on the web based on topics or keywords. Really useful to identify influencers who share content in-line with ours. We really use this to come up with inspiration to create new content and campaigns.

Cons

There are a lot of features, which takes a lot of time to get familiar with them to the point you can really start to benefit from them.