BuzzSumo

Content curation & influencer marketing

Volodymyr B.

Essential Content Research Tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Developing good content means you need to do a lot of research and sometimes that can be a dubious process even if you have all the tools. Hopefuly, BuzzSumo is one of those tools that makes the process of content research much easier and much more insightful in just a couple of clicks.

Pros

BuzzSumo is tailor-made for content reseach, competition analysis, backlinking and outreach research. It was instrumental in developing my long-term content strategy and adjusting it on the go.

BuzzSumo is relatively easy to use and you don't need to tackle with lots of toggles in order to get a semblance of a result. Saves a lot of time and provides you with a good protection from a content-related headache. All you need to do is insert the words of interests - look through the stats and check out what is up in the list.

Cons

It takes so time to get used to it and it can be really rough in some places. That might be a serious put off. Pricing also may scare some but it is totally worth it.

Nicolas frichot ►.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

BuzzSumo: The Best Tools For Anaytics On Facebook & Search Alerts

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Overall, I have yet to meet a tools as powerful and comprehensive as BuzzSumo. They are unique. Use this tool. You will not regret. Worth every single penny.

Pros

I can't contain my enthusiasm on this great tools of BuzzSumo: The ability to search for meaningful and top scoring Facebook content with just a keyword. I was also impressed with the keyword mention tools, that i if someone mention your brand on the web, you get an instant notification via email.

Cons

The pricing: A great tool but not readily available to anyone.

Mélissa N.

Useful tool for marketers

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Great tool, very useful. Intuitive and easy-to-use.

Pros

I really like the tool, especially the "questions" part. It's really useful for your influencer's strategy and for your backlinks strategy as well.

Cons

Maybe too many email alerts but that can probably be configured. Other than that, I love the tool and use it all the time.

Alyssa I.

Great for measuring backlinks and level of social sharing

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Generally good. Could certainly be improved, and be an even better product, but overall couldn't do without it.

Pros

I find BuzzSumo to be the best solution out there to gauge how much an article has been shared across the web. It is generally more comprehensive than other applications we pay for. I use it in concert with CrowdTangle as well, and I find that it is better for finding Twitter shares. I like that the brand/keyword monitoring is very easy to set up and use. Support has always been responsive and good.

Cons

I think BuzzSumo does an interesting range of things it can be hard to use to their fullest capacity. I always felt that the "influencer" section wasn't fully finished, it's changed a few times since I was a customer. I found it to be useful to a degree (checking at a glance if a Twitter sharer was someone I had added to a VIP list, for example) but not much beyond that. Also - the alerts sometimes scrape up old content, which can be confusing. Especially if you have alerts sent to multiple people.

Great for finding influencers and popular content

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Pros

I like the influencer search feature the most. When looking for target influencers to add to media lists, searching on Instagram or Twitter alone is very difficult. BuzzSumo's search functionality allows you to narrow your search by city and specific words used in the influencers' bio.

Cons

It not longer counts social shares on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is one of the largest social platforms and a lot of informative articles are shared on this platform. It's odd to me that it counts social shares on all other platforms, but not LinkedIn. People actively have conversations on this platform and share content to validate their points.

Adam S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Couldn't be happier. Recommend to colleagues all the time and have no instituted at several companies.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use, especially for people new to or inexperienced with digital marketing.

Cons

They recently changed the order columns export to excel, which is kind of annoying.

Ben S.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Excellent social and content research tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

BuzzSumo helps us know what content is trending, find influencers, and uncover unlinked mentions. It can do much more than this, but these use cases alone are enough to make it worthwhile.

Pros

I feel that the obvious benefits of a tool like BuzzSumo (finding relevant influencers and trending content) are well-known and well-documented. One perhaps overlooked feature though is the ability to automate uncovering unlinked brand mentions around the web. This has helped us secure some powerful links in the past. Overall, BuzzSumo does what it says it will, and does it well.

Cons

There aren't many cons with BuzzSumo that I can think of. There hasn't been a time where I needed to use it for something and couldn't get it done easily enough.

Bingyi W.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Super neat UI and features

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

I loved it when I was working as a digital marketing analyst. The pro features are really worthy of trying. They have pretty nice graphs and most importantly, the quality of data collected is pretty authenticated. They offer 7-day free trial for the BuzzSumo pro now. It was 14 days if I am correct.

Cons

Again, I don't like the price for the pro feature. But if you are a business, it is totally affordable and it is one of the few app I would recommend to purchase.

Rodrigo iván C.

Great for Content Research and SEO

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Great for research and SEO purposes, I really like it, its simple and easy to use, with a really straight forward interface.

Cons

Trial offers very limited capabilities, only for the trial I wouldn't get convinced until a friend show to me how it works

Bruce C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The absolute best tool for content research

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

I really enjoy using this tool. I have a big backlinking project coming that will be running until the end of the year. I can't wait to use Buzzsumo for this project.

Pros

I was always a fan of the Content Analyzer but the new Topic Explorer is awesome! It's great for content ideas based on what people are actually looking for online.

Cons

I don't use influencers much so I don't get to use this feature. Who knows? Maybe in the future.

Ferdi D.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Pros

- It is realy easy to use
- Very usefull overview of articles/content
- usefull diffrent filters and search

Cons

- missing reactions for Facebook (only likes, sahres, comments)

• Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Hard to Leverage the information we get from BuzzSumo

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

I don't use it frequently enough

Pros

It works
I review links daily
I look at the shared content weekly
I need this tool in general.
PR uses it to an extent.

Cons

I don't know enough how to benefit from the information I get from BuzzSumo
The monitoring is redundant with other tools.

Carissa D.
  • Industry: Market Research

Great software for SEO and Marketing

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

I love how you can use this to increase your SEO and any campaigns for marketing. I have also been able to see which content is working best.

Cons

The price can be a little scary to some people - it must build enough value for them to use it.

Pshemislav K.

Best place to find influencers.

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

Very easy to check the most shared content and influencers for every niche. A must tool in your content marketing suite.

Cons

The price could be a little bit lower. Some of BuzzSumo's competitors offer similar functionality for lower prices.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Ride the trends!

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Pros

One of the best tools to discover trends on the web based on topics or keywords. Really useful to identify influencers who share content in-line with ours. We really use this to come up with inspiration to create new content and campaigns.

Cons

There are a lot of features, which takes a lot of time to get familiar with them to the point you can really start to benefit from them.

Rahul S.

Buzzsumo is great tool to discover new content ideas and connect with influencers

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

This tool has solved the biggest problem for our organization as earlier we used to find it very difficult to find right topics and develop content around it. But using this tool we have seen improvements in the traffic and our post reach

Pros

I am using this tool for finding popular content topics for our website intellectyx. Since my niche is bit complicated so I had a hard time finding blog topics but using Buzzsumo I can discover great blog topics. Moreover, this tool helps me to get connected with the influencer's and also whenever I receive any brand mentions

Cons

The tool is fantastic Nothing is coming in my mind as of now that I least like about this tool.

Brittney H.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great for tracking content trends

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

The free trial version of BuzzSumo has bee a great experience allowing us to navigate all the features before we decide if it is the right tool for us.

Pros

We use BuzzSumo for competitor research to analyze differences in messaging and content each month. We have found BuzzSumo's results to be very accurate and useful in our research.

Cons

We haven't had run into issues and problems with BuzzSumo since we started using it about a month ago.

Daniel D.

Fantastic market research tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

We use Buzzsumo for market research

We look at content trends in our industry, as well as content results for particular keywords or topics

This allows us to see what content performs well socially (Not just ranking)

From this we can gather content ideas and data, to help us improve our own content

Pros

Simple to use
Market leaders and use the tool themselves- so great content and product
Accurate information provided
Can help give content ideas and track trends

Cons

Zero complaints!

We only use it a few times a month so perhaps a change of payment plan based on usage requests but that's it!

(And that's struggling to find an issue tbh)

Andreea P.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

One of the ace-in-the-sleeve kind of marketing tools

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

We're using it to research Amazon content and writers. The interface and information are well thought.
The Trending Now section can also be used for 'lateral' content writing.

Cons

The daily search limit they have for the free version. Just kidding, they're tools are great and are worth paying for.

Content + Industry Research

Reviewed on 2018/11/23

Pros

Buzzsumo is a great addition to our marketing stack as it enables us to understand the key players (both human and domain) within varying industries. Particularly useful as our product is horizontal - we're mandated to master new verticals quickly and Buzz is a great enabler.

Cons

No issues thus far - we're relatively new with the service - I don't foresee any issues as the product is quite intuitive.

Kyle M.

Reviewed on 2016/12/17

Aditya S.

Recommended for Content writer

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Buzz Sumo is an awesome tool for content research based on social share. we can easily sort content based on many parameters my most favorite is word count.

Pros

Fresh content, easy sorting, domain filter is new and Monitoring tab is good for SEO guys.

Cons

only last 5 years content is visible, no LinkedIn engagement

BuzzSumo : A great tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

BuzzSumo helps you a lot with finding subject that has a lot of interaction on social media for example.

Cons

The free version is really limited. Is is only limited to english and the monthly limit is restrictive too.

Alex G.

BuzzSumo easy for beginners

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

It was intuitive, delivered results quickly

Cons

Not enough prompts designed to help me maximize use

Antoni S.

Pretty good tool but could be a little less expensive

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

I've been using it sporadically, probably once every 2-3 weeks. That's also a reason that every time I use it I need to revisit the idea if it's really worth to may monthly subscription for the whole package since I'm only using a fracture of the service.

Pros

1. notifications when your keywords are mentioned online
2. ability to search for articles for specific keywords popular last week, last month, or last two weeks, etc.

Cons

The price. This software has probably a lot of features but I use only a fracture of it and I don't need to use any other feauters so would prefer to pay less only for the features that I use (which is two features mentioned above).