GiftLogic

Point-of-sale, inventory and customer relationship software

Pam H.

Gift Logic - just my cup of Tea!

Reviewed on 2015/01/06

Pros

When I began the process to open my new store, Tea World, I found a space to lease and next I chose the POS software, Gift Logic. I wanted to get off to a good start and knew if I waited until after I was open I would always be playing catch up. Gift Logic made the evaluation process very easy. I looked at some other companies and they were very impressive, but Gift Logic stood out of the crowd for me. It is definitely user-friendly, but if I have a problem I know help is just a phone call away. The staff is always helpful and pleasant to deal with and most important patient with me. One of the things that I like about Gift Logic and the people I deal with is that they are so up front. I had no unpleasant surprises. Everything was just as it was described. Gift Logic has helped me every step of the way and even worked with me to tweak the system for my own needs.

Cons

I have nothing at all negative to say about the vendor. They're always professional. What I like least was the data entry, but that is something that just has to be done for the system to work. Had I already had a better inventory system in place, I'm sure it would have been easier.

Andre L.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Strong learning curve

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Could be one of the best POS out there if they be willing to fix a good 10-20% of there things.
1st would be the purchase order
2nd the speed of how to do things.

Pros

The inventory system by excel format is great. (exporting feature is great)
Making new items is well done.
Sales are mostly easy to do.(Once you have its set up the right way)
Their search is pretty good (You can search for a specific word but you always have to add *before, this should be automatic if searching for specific word)
I must say the reports are great. (my last one stink, so this is much better) Can see sales per hour days etc.
Customer support is A1.

Cons

Ordering from the purchase order is terrible. They really need to work on this. One thing you can't add a product when doing a purchase order. So you need to make sure every item is made before hand. The suggesting amounts get put in the order automatic you should add them yourself.
You can have different things open at the same time, if I'm doing a purchase order I should be able to add a product or print a tag without having to leave that section. (Windows is about multitasking)
Things are too long to do with many steps for no good reason.
The worst thing right now is I still can't link my inventory with website. (There always problems with their software or bigcommerce)

Cristina L.
  • Industry: Furniture

Gift Logic Year in Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

I really enjoy using this product.
It is relatively easy to use once you know how to use it.
It can work to your benefit to help customers quickly and efficiently. It's great for a store with a large inventory that changes rapidly.

Pros

I like that it has the option to have pictures of an item once it has been scanned. It is also very helpful that it lists the quantities in stock, which helps with restocking. The ability to have a custom order is also helpful when customers are checking out product. It is very quick in the checkout process as well. The quick access bar is great for items that are unable to have a barcode and it makes it easy to find the pictures.
Having the ability to integrate with QuickBooks is a big plus as well for the bookkeeping part of the business which allows for less time spent in that area.
I really also enjoy the ability to have a PO and input an order quickly and keep track of damages. It also keeps track of backorders so you know what is still to come.

Cons

It takes awhile to learn how to use every aspect of this product especially office. Once I used it often enough I was able to get the hang of it but I am still learning. Instead of making a product inactive I would like it to have the option to delete it. It is also difficult to edit a vendor name in some parts of Office.
I have not found in the search function in Register the ability to look for a product based on which category it is listed such as wall art or animal.
I also would like it to have the option of when we are searching for a product that it would eliminate all products that did not have that name instead of highlighting the name and having to go through the entire list.

Deborah C.

A very satisfied customer since July 2016

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

I highly recommend GiftLogic to anyone; I love their versatile POS/Inventory control system. It is easy to learn, easy to use and very reliable. Their product is most adaptable, no need to buy what you don't need, and one can add features- if needed at a fair cost. I like that it's software and not cloud-based. The in house support is excellent and has your back, very willing to assist -just call. I appreciate the honest and professional manner in which they run their solid company. When beginning to search for a POS program, one thing I didn't need or have time for were problems I needed solutions and that's exactly what I ended up with-solutions. I looked at 6 systems before buying and looking back I'm so glad I chose GiftLogic for our store!

Pros

That the software is user friendly, and very reliable. Company & Support responds quickly when something is needed. Reports quite detailed and one step download to excel and PDF.

Cons

I really don't have any cons to offer.

Anita P.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Program installation and setup was a breeze!

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

Pros

We installed the program, imported data from our previous program & created labels & added photo images of merchandise. The program is user friendly and meets all of our needs.

Cons

We purchased the computer hardware separately and did not know that we should have had the Office Suite installed so that we could export data to excel in order to generate certain reports.

Tony D.

Gift Logic fits the bill!

Reviewed on 2016/09/13

Pros

Compared to our former POS system, Gift Logic is quite simple to teach and learn. The phone support that comes with the system is great. Any questions you might have is answered in a polite way without making you feel "computer dumb". If an issue cannot be resolved with a tech explaining to you, they will access your computer (via Team Viewer) and help you through it.

Cons

I own a shoe store and have a lot of items. So when using a manufacture's UPC number there is not as easy to locate product in the stockroom. Our old system generated it's own SKUs so product would be put on the stockroom shelves by vendor and by numerical order. The only problem so far with the vendor is that they are on the east coast and I am on the west coast, so if I am having an issue past 2 pm PST, I have to wait until the next morning to get it resolved.

Abel B.
  • Industry: Furniture

Stay Away From Them

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

The software itself isn't great but functional for a single location in the small food business but nowhere near up to par for ANY retail. I wanted to purchase their software but there business practices are amateur. They wouldn't allow me to make a purchase with my personal Debit card then charge the business account debit card when it came in to refund back to personal card for a purchase. They said because of refund fees. As a business owner who accepts debit and credit cards, I know they are only talking about $1 -$ 4. Lost a sale over it. They wouldn't allow a business check over the phone or by auto draft or by mail. They are obviously making money on CC or Debit card backend fees. Made no attempt to satisfy. I believe I will move forward with someone else who understands the business owner functionality better.

Pros

Tech guy who went over was nice

Cons

No business sense, not intensely customer service oriented. Felt like something was shady the entire time I dealt with them

Jon L.

Toy Town GiftLogic

Reviewed on 2016/02/26

Pros

I think we thought the ability to mass upload our current inventory was great. The customer service is amazing. Anytime we have the any issue they are quick to help.

Cons

I think with the price paid for the product the company should ship out the single and software overnight or 2 day. We waited over a week for our product and it just seemed unnecessary. Customer service could be open later to service the other time zones.

Ariday R.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Ariday's Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/29

GiftLogic has helped my company in so many ways. My employees loved it and didn't have a any problem with it.

Phil S.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Simple to use and train, but robust.

Reviewed on 2016/05/05

Pros

Always help available but seldom needed support. I had a special need for a tag printer , they went the extra mile to get it running properly.

Cons

I would like to simplify tag printing, maybe a pop up ? Everything else is great for me.

Penny B.

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

Gift logic was very helpful initially setting up the software itself and with any issues I was having after. I am not the most techno-savy person and they were very patient in their dealings with me. As for the software itself it has an endless amount of functions which I don't need all of them, however this program could work perfectly for numerous different type of business. Its very versatile and allows you to do almost anything you can think of. Great software and great support team makes an excellent product!

Cynthia W.

It is an intuitive program. Easy to follow

Reviewed on 2015/10/19

Pros

The support team I can call and walk me through anything on the program.

Cons

The hand held UPC bar code reader. The batteries die and it doesn't allow me to check in product.

Dan F.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

The price is right

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

I have not been able to use it because I've had to purchase another pc, because the first one I bought was not compatible. .

Pros

It seems like it should be fairly user friendly, however i can't tell for sure. We will see after my new pc shows up.

Cons

You have to buy the hardware to match up exactly as required. I have an i5 processor that runs very fast with my pc. However it will not run this software. You have to buy the hardware exactly as required.

Marcia D.

Waste of money and time

Reviewed on 2016/12/26

Sales rep. lied about the ability of software to track sizes and colors of clothing within a style. They force you to pay annually for support that should come with the software. Not at all user-friendly or intuitive. They are only interested in making the sale. Not sure what kind of business could use this. I see a few good reviews from a tire shop and a church. Clothing stores are NOT able to use this software.

Pros

Nothing

Patricia B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Challenging

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Pros

I am happy to be able to use a POS system that was within budget for my company. The support system is awesome.

Cons

To many departments and that made It confusing for me. It would be nice if it could be modified for my type of business.

Jessica Z.
  • Industry: Automotive

Fast and Easy

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

Easy to use all the functions you need , as well as a monthly report!

Chuck L.

We purchased GiftLogic over 2 years ago and we still love it.

Reviewed on 2016/03/31

Easy to use. The part time cashiers learn it very fast. It is stable, there never seems to be any issues with GiftLogic, it just always works. Whenever I have a question about how to do something, the support staff is always friendly and always available.

Charlene H.
  • Industry: Building Materials

GiftLogic for hardware store

Reviewed on 2016/08/16

Pros

Software is easy to use. Great Technical support team. Price is just right.

Cons

so far I haven't found anything that I don't like about the product or vendor.

Julia D.

More positive than negative.

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

Overall, I think the product could be fantastic. What keeps it from that is the amount of time trying to get answers to what should and could be simple steps by providing a training guide or manual with the product. In order to train 58 gift shop volunteers in using the software I am now going to need to create training material and reference sheets for them to use in the store.

Pros

The product is generally easy to use. The sales staff was professional. The ability to track inventory was a priority for us and it does a very nice job of tracking inventory. As I try different reports I am finding many of the reports are very good and usable. With practice and hands on use data entry has become very easy. This product has many features that assist the store clerk (quick keys). After establishing a regular connection with one of the tech people he has been patient, kind and VERY helpful in navigating the program.

Cons

Some of the Tech support are very knowledgeable, some are not quite as good at helping via phone. All of our tech support is via phone as on site help is not available. The largest problem is that is no written manual or reference guide of any kind is available. There are some videos on line that are supposed to be available but I have not found any that work. This causes the user to call and try to work out any problems with whatever tech they are able to get ahold of (which is not always easy). With 58 volunteers using the register this is not a viable option. A reference manual or "cheat sheets" with common situations would make all the difference in the world. Sadly, if you want them you have to write them yourself. We have now learned that to continue to have the ability to call for support we will have to pay a high dollar annual fee. Because of this we may abandon the program and go with another that will offer more training material and no annual fees for support.

Angela V.

Excellent customer service and tech support

Reviewed on 2015/01/09

Pros

The system has a user-friendly interface that I love, and the classes GiftLogic offer are even better. I used the training mode a lot while I was between classes to play and learn without making any changes to my inventory, and I am using it with all my employees as well.

Cons

I can honestly say there is only one thing I wish I could change about the program. I wish the inventory sub sections were more customizable instead of the set size, color, etc. For a bookstore, size and color really mean nothing, but Author and Publisher do.

Penny B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Does more then I will ever need

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

Pros

This system is extremely versatile. Runs many different reports. They have a lot of features many of which I have never used.

Cons

Their integration options are very expensive. Yes they go on sale sometimes but still pricey depending on how many you would need.

Jenica B.

Reviewed on 2016/10/10

The Sales team was fantastic to deal with. After purchasing the software I have received the best of help from their support team. The only issue I have is the fact that the company does not have a line for Canadians. Living in Canada it can get expensive to call them, however I can also interact with their team through email and if the issues continue they will call me. All in all it is great software and I have much more to learn but that will all come with time.

Allen S.

Excellent experience with GiftLogic

Reviewed on 2015/12/01

Pros

Vendor has been very helpful and upfront with information. When I ran into unclear concepts.

Cons

I'm new to the product and am just becoming familiar with it. Issues I've run into so far have been my own lack of familiarity with this specific type of SW.

Rebecca S.

Love this software!

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

Gift Logic is great. I love the ease of the program. My favorite part is the ability to add picture to the product! See what is being rung up- assuring the purchase is correct. (In the past we have had some customers switch tags to a less expensive item for ring out)
The customer service is fantastic! They have helped me every step of the way. Tony, "BTE" (Best Tony Ever" is great. Along with Jeff and Justin- these guys are so quick and helpful and are there when I call!!!

Pros

Pictures!
PO system
Reports
The QB integration
Customer Service
Inexpensive
Credit card integration.
Speed

Cons

Wish it would take inventory to a negative number.
Find customers regardless of capitalization.

Cindy H.

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

From the first phone call regarding the product to the last call we had with GiftLogic support, they have been a great company to deal with. The software was to replace a previous POS software that wasn't doing what we needed. GiftLogic has the inventory control, customer contact & rewards info & accounting reports that we need as a young, small business without having the huge cash outlay. They are quick to respond to any inquiry or support question. Their support people are easy to talk to & very helpful & don't talk 'tech talk' when helping.

Pros

Most of the sales calls & support calls have been with the same 3 or 4 people so they are aware of our previous calls. It is very nice to talk to the same people & every one of them has been great!