Webflow

4,6 (164)
Break down silos between marketing, design, and development

Marco C.
  • Industry: Design

The perfect website builder for designer

Reviewed on 2022/04/30

In the end, I'm happy with Webflow. It's an amazing platform for designers, but it's definitely not enough for advanced website building. You can use it just for landing pages, personal blogs, portfolios, and local business websites.

If you need advanced functionalities you need to hard code them (losing the benefit offered by the platform) or you need to chose a different platform.

Pros

The UX of Webflow and its functionalities are perfect for every designer that wants to approach web design. It empowers designers to build award-winning websites with granular control over the final output.
The Webflow hosting is blazing fast, the code generated is clean and lightweight, and the CMS functionalities are great.

Cons

For a platform so good is incredible how many cons there are with Webflow:
- it's not GDPR compliant, and they are actively and deliberately ignoring this issue
- it doesn't have a multi-lingual system. You are forced to rely on third-party apps, that add a huge monthly cost for the maintenance of your website
- the e-commerce side is incredibly weak compared to other players
- the CMS is capped at 10k items. It may seem a lot, but if you automate CMS library enrichment you end up consuming them quickly
- every item is capped at 30 custom fields. Again, 30 may seem a big number, but if you used conditional display logic, you can quickly consume those 30 custom fields (and there are other small limitations). It's limiting also for advanced blog structures, like affiliate blogs that need comparison tables.
- the general development of the platform is incredibly slow. They haven't added relevant features for years! They even removed the client billing features (I wasn't a fan of it, but they said that they removed it so they can focus on more relevant features, while they are not releasing anything!)
- some standard components are not accessible according to WCAG, and you have to rebuild them
- a lot of basic components are not pre-built, so you have to custom code them

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Because Webflow offers me much more functionalities and controls on the output.

WordPress and Divi

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

It let you build websites with a super solid HTML structure
Jakub H.

Build quick websites with advanced functionality

Reviewed on 2022/05/31

i was looking for a site builder which would be open enough to let us setup custom styled components and tweak prebuilt templates to our needs. And that it what Webflow has given us. Using a template as a starting point and building up from there.

Pros

The possibility of adding custom functionality into the current and prebuilt templates makes using Webflow super cool. Most of the common parameters of a website can be modified only using menues and dgra-and-drop features. But that is not where it ends. You can add own scripts and classes if needed to really make the site shine and BE different from other website builders.

Cons

The bulkyness of the interface is sometimes slowing you down and if you want to create a really simple site there are too many parameters to set. A simple one-pager turns into a day of work at the end. Because almost everything can be edited. Also image manipulation and optimisation is not the best. Repositioning an image in the background can turn into a nightmare + add the mobile and tablet breakpoints and it can be easier to code the site from scratch.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Speed of deployment and interface.

Wix, Adobe Dreamweaver and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

The templates provided were most useful for the current project.
Arvaldo S.

Bad support and bugs

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

In two adjectives: BAD and ANNOYING, I regret it.

Pros

In the beginning, I thought Webflow would really be the tool to help me solve the problems I was hoping to solve, but not, they created new ones that this time, without a website developer around one can't fix it. Then you ask for support help and the answer you get is "it seems you are asking for web development services, we don't offer that, please ask for help in the community". This has happened to me endless times in the last 2 years with LEGIT questions on bugs I found in this tool. I do NOT recommend that you use it or switch from WordPress or something else thinking you are really going to get the next level here, because you are not.
I hope this feedback doesn't get canceled or blocked because it is real and can help other people to make their decision.

Cons

Bad support
No support for multiple languages
Limit to 100 pages (then everything crashes)
Bugs!!!!

Azeem T.

Amazing Website Builder for Designers

Reviewed on 2022/04/25

We're currently a small team working on a product and we're not in a position to hire professional web developers to work on our website. That's where Webflow came to our rescue. The learning curve was there but over time, the nimbleness of the product helped us a long way.

Pros

The features I loved about Webflow are:
1. The website builder is so easy to use.
2. The guided demo when you get in the first time is top-notch. It got me acquainted with the interface exceptionally fast.
3. It has an easy to understand pricing plan. For someone who is new to websites, the plan allows you to clearly understand how pricing works.
4. The template library and component cloning features are majestically good. We've been able to deploy complex animations and components simply by cloning them through other templates.
5. Lastly, Webflow has an amazing community that comes up with answers faster than their support team.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike but:
1. The customer support could be faster, my empathetic and responsive.
2. If they could come up with a better way to optimise sites for mobile, it would be a gamechanger.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Webflow offered easy customizations, unlike Unbounce and Wordpress. Wordpress was somehow difficult to understand and optimize for us (personal experience, can be different for others)

Unbounce and WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Webflow was simply to understand and even during the learning curve, the impact was tangible and visible.
Hasan F.

Quickly develop websites with minimum development knowledge and experience

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

The vocabulary and work process is very similar to what front-end developers have, so there's a bit of a learning curve but personally, I loved it for that.

Pros

I used most of the WP website builders in the past, and while they're really good, none of them has the capabilities of Webflow. There's a video tutorial for any questions you might have, and there's a good community who are willing to share.

But at the end of the day, what makes it a lot more desirable than WP website builders like Elementor, is that it's very low-maintanance. You just make a website and it works with no problem, no matter how old it gets.

Cons

The pricing model is not the best for people who are not willing to constantly work with their website. It makes it more expensive for the small brick and mortar businesses to have a website, compared to other solutions in the market.

Elementor and Duda

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

We didn't switch fully, and I use all of them based on customers' needs.

Elementor and Duda

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

It's a lot easier and more enjoyable to convert designs from Figma. I will never get used to having a new landing page this quick.
Megan M.
  • Industry: Design

Webflow changed our web design business for the better!

Reviewed on 2022/05/18

Webflow has been a game-changer for our business. It's allowed us to bring web development 100% in-house, thereby streamlining our project process and putting more money back into our pockets. Can't recommend it enough!

Pros

I love how Webflow really captures the best of all the major website platforms. It has the customization of a traditional WordPress website, but without the code bloat and frustrating maintenance. Webflow has the ease of Squarespace when it comes to allowing our clients to use and maintain their websites themselves, making it the perfect choice for our web design/development business.

Cons

There's not a lot to dislike about Webflow! It's an up and coming platform, so certain features such as ecommerce and blogging are still lacking compared to other platforms. However, Webflow is hard at work to continue to improve in these areas.

Versatile and powerful landing page builder

Reviewed on 2022/05/26

Pros

Webflow is versatile and powerful CMS which can be used to design websites and landing pages. At our agency, our design team uses webflow to design landing pages, eliminating the need for developers to be involved in the process. It takes some basic front-end development knowledge to truly leverage what webflow has to offer, but if you have the right skills, Webflow is a fantastic tool.

Cons

Webflow pricing system is needlessly convoluted, and takes some time getting figured out - we didn't love this aspect of the software.

Marc K.

Powerful Website Builder for Developers

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

Overall Webflow has made building my own company website a blast and allowed me to focus more on the design aspect without hindering me from truely utilizing the capabilities of modern web technologies. Therefore I can, even if slightly expensive, hole heartedly recommend Webflow.
Especially Webflows animations editor truely made developing an eyes catching webpage easy.

Pros

Webflow truely empowers its user to build a website completely from scratch making (almost all) features writing a website by hand accessible. It also does not overcomplicate things - therefore striking a great balance between abstracting away the technical details but making them accesible without limiting the user. Furthermore it's SEO Optimization features really makes being found on modern search engines easy. The great performance of Webflow pages also helps with that and leads to a great user experience.

Cons

I honestly do not have many gripes with Webflow, apart from missing some minor CSS properties (however this can be fixed by adding custom CSS styles) and it being somewhat expensive - however great quality software also has its price of course.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Mainly due to the freedom and many options Webflow gave me.
Yoran B.

A huge time-saver

Reviewed on 2022/05/03

Pros

As a web developer, I'm impressed how Webflow found a nice balance between ease of use and power of customization. When you enter the likes of Wix and Squarespace, the power inevitably suffers. Webflow found a way to allow non-technical people to contribute while still allowing developers to fully utilize the power of web technologies.

Cons

The lack of concurrent editing meant that we had to coordinate when a team member could access Webflow.

Mostafa K.

More Than a site builder

Reviewed on 2022/05/25

Pros

Webflow is not only a page builder, I was surprised with the abilities and features, and the flexibility.
It's a SAAS CMS and really flexible.

Cons

Tutorials can be better, comunity tutorials are good and. you can almost find everything you might need.

Steve T.

Webflow is the Future of Website Design

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

Webflow has been an incredible experience for me. I've built half a dozen websites in Webflow with plans for more. I can't recommend this platform enough!

Pros

Webflow is a solid website design platform. Every site I've built on Webflow has been incredibly fast. I attest this to the fact that when you drag and drop the widgets (text blocks, headings, sections, images, etc.) into the design that the right panel is helping you configure all of the CSS in a way that actually helps you [secretly] understand CSS better while making it SUPER easy to do.

Generally, you won't have to worry about third-party plugins or anything like that with a Webflow site like you would with WordPress. That's because you can't "install" a plugin on Webflow the way that you would with WordPress. You can add custom code to the site and integrate third-party tools that way, but depending on your level of comfort with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS, you may not ever need a third-party tool with Webflow.

Cons

The widgets that you can add are very basic. I understand the point of this; they're giving you basic building blocks of a website in a sense. It's up to your creativity and skill to be able to design a site that looks great. This does make it harder for people coming from WordPress page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Oxygen, etc., when you open Webflow's Designer for the first time and feel like all of the options you had in the past are missing. Knowing that you *can* build something as complex using these basic building blocks can be overwhelming when you aren't used to doing it this way, but looking through the templates and even purchasing a premium Webflow template can often get you all of the building blocks you were looking for.

Wix, WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

I made the switch because I was sick of having very slow load times on WordPress. I saw ads on Facebook and took a leap of faith. I immediately fell in love with the product when I saw how absolutely great it is to work with!

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

As a WordPress web designer, I always had a negative opinion of Wix and SquareSpace. I don't really have a good reason for it other than the fact that all WordPress designers diss these other tools. I recently tried Wix out and it's... fine I guess. Wix Editor X definitely has a long way to go before it can hold a candle to Webflow. Trying out SquareSpace just isn't high on my to-do list.
Joshua T.
  • Industry: Music

Incredible Creativity Flexibility And Potential

Reviewed on 2021/04/22

My overall experience with Webflow has been nothing short of spectacular. The seamless integration of a no-code interface and the way Webflow writes code in the background is honestly a game changer for me. As a result of my limited coding ability, I was over-reliant on WordPress themes in the past but I would always need additional plugins to bring my ideas to life. As such my website would become increasingly bloated. Not having to worry about any of these issues is truly liberating and I honestly couldn't be happier with my decision to transition to Webflow.

Pros

Webflow provides an incredible no-code user experience that has completely elevated my workflow! Everything is incredible well designed and implemented - from the WYSIWYG editor, to the fantastic Webflow University and the seamless deployment of code as you bring your website to life. Creating, maintaining and evolving my website/blog has never been more enjoyable and I finally feel as though I have total creative freedom! I recommend Webflow unreservedly.

Cons

Having used Webflow for the better part of the year, I can honestly say that I don't have any major concerns with Webflow. There are many website developers who undoubtedly require deeper functionality but I've not run into any issues that have prevented me from realising the goals for my website. Webflow is a fantastic tool and I'm honestly excited to see how they continue to grow and evolve the platform.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

I was constantly switching between different WordPress themes and buying plugins to realise my website goals. I needed a change because whilst WordPress is a fantastic solution for many users, I wanted more freedom and flexibility.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

The three alternatives are all decent but I ultimately just preferred Webflow's ecosystem and overall user experience. The quality of the tutorials provided in the Webflow University is also unmatched and that may have been a deciding factor!
Max T.
  • Industry: Design

Webflow - the king of the no-code movement

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

Once you understand webflow you'll never want to go back to any other builder but the learning curve at first is very steep. If your goal is to deploy standard websites fast this isn't the best tool for you, however if you're planning on building memorizabile experiences and indivual websites learning webflow will be the best choice you have ever made.

Pros

This is the most powerful visual designer you have ever used when designing websites. Other visual design tools like duda, sqaurespace, wix etc. don't even come close to what is possible with webflow. That's because webflow isn't a usual visual design tool, it's a way to code visually. This explains the huge difference between webflow and the other tools, because you essentially write code you're not tied to any limitations the builder offers. With that in mind you can build pretty much anything you'd ever imagine with webflow.

Cons

Because it's so powerful there comes a huge learning curve when first starting webflow. While most of the other visual design tools are more or less self explanatory when you used them for a few weeks webflow is not. This makes introducing the tool to other people hard, however this isn't something that is the fault of the product itself, it comes with the many possibilities this product offers. The thing I dislike most about the service is the customer service, it's close to non-existent. Many other website builder tools offer live chat support etc., however webflow doesnt do that at all, if you have any issues you'll have to write them an email and you can feel lucky if they responod in 2 weeks.

Daniel W.

Once I found Webflow, I NEVER turned back!

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

I love Webflow, and could spend all day counting the reasons, but here are the top 5 that created a nice business use case for my clients who are more than happy to proceed with Webflow.

1) Contributors can edit almost any element of content right on the page. Click on a photo, and bam... you can upload your own instead. Click on some text that's inside of a show/hide div, and bam... you're typing away right on the page so you can see how it's looking without having to bounce to a new window every step. This single feature is the strongest draw for my clients as we all know what WP has to offer.

2) NO PLUGINNS necessary! nothing to update, configure, or crash as Webflow is constantly improving features and taking care of system updates for you. The danger of having so many plugins and composers mixed into a WP site is just that.. danger to a small business who has no staff or staging site to test the latest updates. Basically, Webflow takes the guesswork out of making a professional custom site.

3) Solid Support and hours of training videos that are frequently updated/added to.

4) NO CODING NECESSARY. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS will truly help, but unless one is adding in an iFrame or custom code element, there is never a need to write CSS code, JS code, Angular JS, PHP, and so-on. -allowing all us designers to soar with fast paced visual editing.

5) Awesome templates, and one can paste content and structure from one site/account to another!!

Pros

-Most important- EASE OF USE with it's visual interface-see next
-The GUI is very similar to the Adobe Creative Cloud software as it uses tool pallets instead of tedious forms and fields.
-Contributors can edit RIGHT INSIDE THE PAGE vs the WordPress back-end feel that gets folks lost.
-The automation of multiple image sizes per view
-Minifying scripts and code
-Custom code insertions are as easy as drag/drop
-Intuitive interface knows when one is using similar classes and suggests them while creating new
-Client Billing is easy and a Dream to setup including a pinch of the cut for yourself
-Setting up hosting is lightning fast with a proficient DNS record understanding.

Cons

-Because Webflow is built for professional use, Admin edit access for a site is setup so only the Webflow account holder can access and edit the site at an admin level. This becomes a huge issue for clients who only want to contract my work upfront. Contributors can surely edit content, but should be able to be authors/admins. There are "Team Plans" but they are costly. So- in order to allow my clients Admin access, I would either have to give them my account info, opening up to them deleting other clients sites, or I must have them setup their own webflow account. -Due to this, I must transfer sites to client accounts once my design is complete if they want to be the Admin after hand-off. suggest much better setup here please~

Wix, WordPress, Squarespace, Weebly and Adobe Experience Manager

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

-No more messing with pluginns -Visual based GUI for everything -Made by designers for designers -Better customer experience throughout project lifeycle

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Price, ability to build quickly without coding, ease of use for client editing
Adrien L.

Webflow user review

Reviewed on 2020/04/18

Fast, agile design and development of websites. Prototyping to launch timeline is greatly reduced, so profitability is increased. The CMS is highly customizable and easy to buildout.

Pros

Webflow allows for an agile design and development cycle. Iterations are quick to accomplish. The UX layout of the toolkit is easy to understand. The ability to add 3rd party integrations and custom code really extend the usability.

Cons

Webflow continually rolls out new features, but still lacks multi-filter search functions. Webflow has extensive tutorials, but it will take some time for a new user with prior HTML and CSS knowledge to get past the beginner level.

Eric C.

Webflow is a niche product - the enthusiast's ultimate tool to making a visually stunning...

Reviewed on 2020/01/05

In my opinion, after 2+ years of using it (which I've now switched back to Wordpress for practicality), it really is a tool for web design enthusiasts. If you are an artist, musician, or design websites for that type of crowd, I think Webflow is the ideal tool for you because of how unique and capable it is for visual design. But for the majority of web designers and developers, you may find Webflow's workflow cumbersome and sometimes impractical for most client projects.

Pros

You can design some truly beautiful and unique websites in Webflow. There's no other software that has as many features and ability to completely control the design of your website other than Webflow. No coding needed, at all. There is a learning curve but the tutorial videos they offer are second to none. Hands down, the best tutorial series I've ever seen - you'll know why when you start watching. You will find that website animations are simple to implement and can be as complex as you need them to be. Here is my best description of Webflow - limitless when it comes to visual design.

Cons

Unfortunately, Webflow is not really practical for most professional web designers and developers. There are several serious reasons why I advise against using Webflow when building websites for other businesses. First off, most people have heard of Wordpress, but not Webflow, so selling a business on using the software is difficult. It can be hard to find outside developers and designers able to work in the system, whereas you can easily hire someone to work in Wordpress. Second off, it is expensive to host a website natively in Webflow (though this feature works great), yet it is impractical to just use the export feature. You lose the CMS/blog, ecommerce, and search abilities if you choose to pass on Webflow hosting. Lastly, it is not well suited for complex, large websites and is not suited at all for any specialized backend software. Worse yet, it is too complex to work with for simple sites.

Wix, WordPress, Squarespace and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

As a non-coder, I wanted a platform that would give me complete control over the design of my websites.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

I have previously worked with Wordpress, Squarespace, Shopify, and Wix, as well as Adobe Muse before it was discontinued. At the time, I thought that Webflow would be perfect for my client's projects as I focused heavily on visual design. Over the past two years however, I've found Webflow to be impractical for most other things and reliance on the Webflow has sometimes been cumbersome.
Shannon C.
  • Industry: Media Production

I can't stop recommending Webflow to everyone

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Webflow is the best thing that has ever happened to my business.

Pros

As a small business, it's not uncommon to be the one wearing all of the hats in your business. I'm a photographer and I've designed websites for myself through Wix, 22slides, 4ormat, Squarespace, Wordpress, Virb and finally... Webflow. I'm not exaggerating when I say Webflow is the holy grail of customizability and ease of use. For the past 10 years, I've hated doing website updates or overhauls. Now, I look forward to creating websites in Webflow. Using Webflow inspired the confidence to design more websites for fun, including one for a personal project! They all look beautiful.

Cons

This honestly may be something I haven't figured out yet, but I don't think you can use animations within CMS pages.

Wix, WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Prior to getting the webflow recommendation, I needed to re-do my website from scratch. All the website builders I was familiar with fell into a pretty aggravating dichotomy: either you can use Squarespace/Wix/Virb/22slides/4ormat, etc. and there's pretty much zero customization possible or you can use WordPress, which is antiquated, difficult to translate to mobile and overall a huge pain of a builder. My sister told me about Webflow, I set up a trial and fell in love.

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Because Webflow is infinitely better. Once I registered for a trial and started building, I knew I would never go back to anything else.
Dana R.
  • Industry: Online Media

A Superb All-In-One Service For Design, Hosting, Blogging and E-Commerce

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

My creativity is off the charts. Yes, seriously. I no longer feel limited in my designs and that's worth every penny they charge, and for all they offer in their paid plans - it's a no brainer.

Pros

Oh my, where to start! I've been a designer for over 12 years and I've been looking for a more intuitive way of design and expressing my creativity online. I've mostly used Wordpress but was getting tired of the same 'ol, same 'ol, if you will. Websites were all starting to look the same, in other words... boring. I came across Webflow a couple months ago and let's just say, I'm in total love!

I'm not quite a developer yet so having software like Webflow gives me the freedom and flexibility to still be creative and push out hyper-functional websites that actually work and look good. The code is super clean and export-able, sites are responsive - with the ability to manage/rearrange/save content for each device - and customization is top notch.

Their video tutorials (and PixelGeek on YouTube - he's the coolest!) and knowledge center offer in-depth guidance and help, which is a blessing. I also appreciate the fact that I can host with Webflow as well. At this point in my career, I want everything as streamlined as possible and Webflow makes it easy and secure.

Cons

The free plan is limited but understandbly so. It's not for the faint of heart either. You have to want to learn a new method and process in order to make it work for you, especially if you're not much of a developer or deep digger (as I call it) of code.

Their pricing, while very much worth it, needs an overhaul from their marketing department. It's difficult to understand what's needed. For instance, you need a Site plan as well as an Account plan, but that's not made very clear. I actually had to find the answer in their forum. For instance, if you want to host/create/manage 3 websites, you'll need 1 Account plan and 3 site plans.

Sebastian T.
  • Industry: Sports

The top tool for no code websites

Reviewed on 2022/03/14

I really enjoy using Webflow as often as I can, it is a great product that fits many types of use cases and I will continue using it in the future for my projects.

Pros

Webflow gives you the flexibility to do more or less anything you could ever want in a website, without having to code. It is infinitely customisable and once you understand how it works, is an extremely powerful tool for creating low to medium complexity websites. There is a whole community using the product, which makes it very easy to find answers to problems that may arise. It is also great because there are people creating specific libraries and components specifically for webflow, so it is a great way to fast track web design. It is a great option for a quick website, as well as long term pages that you may want to build. The CMS makes it an extremely powerful tool too, which makes the possibilities for creation endless.

Cons

The learning curve of the software can be a little challenging at times, especially if you are a non-technical user. I personally started with quite good knowledge of HTML and CSS, so it wasn't super difficult to learn, however there are some quirks that are made for the average user that may make it a little confusing for people with existing knowledge of web design.

Noah G.
  • Industry: Design

Great for clients to self manage

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Very happy with it. We built over a dozen websites on this and the clients have been happy as well.

Pros

Webflow is pretty amazing. I believe this is the best platform I've come across for building a website for a client to self manage. You can build on a developer end and have them make edits on the client/editor side. I really like the collection building on the back end.

Cons

I didn't love that you can't chose different captcha options or change the size of it. Also, the editing options are sometimes limited when setting up a blog.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Mainly because it was easier to use and less glitchy.

Best no-code website builder in the market

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Everything about Webflow is amazing. The interface is clean and easy to learn (they have more than 100 video tutorials, it is basically a "University" ). With Webflow you do not need to know how to code, you can create websites with static and dynamic content. And it is easy to customize any component. Every month they release new components, features, improve the interface, etc.

Also, I would like to say the customer support is 10/10, they really care about your problems (if you have any).

Pros

The components (tabs, forms, text, etc) are totally customizable as if you were coding. And the ability to create a dynamic website with ease.

Cons

The hosting price is higher than other website builders.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Webflow is 1000% easier to use/create whatever you need. Everything about Webflow is better than Wordpress.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Does not offer the amount of customization that Webflow offers.

A promising alternative to Wordpress

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

After using Webflow for some projects I can say that is the best match for:

Small to medium-sized projects brochure-ware like or content-driven where your clients want to edit the content themselves, the editor interface is quite good and you can limit what the editor can edit so you won't end up with a broken page and your clients won't be worried about breaking it either.

Pros

Webflow editor simply rocks, some website builders and over simplistic and as I developer I feel chained of it's developers choices. Others are way too messy, unnecesarily complicated.

Somehow Webflow has found the way to integrate an easy to use, clear and powerful editor with a powerful and fast hosting. Overall I love that I don't need to worry about the sites speed or Security (a big thing if you are a Wordpress developer, for example).

Developing on Webflow feels way easier and to the point experience, no plugins to update, no broken pages or "Oh, the cart stopped working last night", no xss vulnerabilities to attend and the list goes on. I also love that they included a CMS feature, that it's where most of their competitors lose against Webflow. Symbols are also really cool, saving up a lot of time!

Last is great that you can restrict what the editor can or can't change! Why should a blog writer be able to change the site layout?

Cons

The e-commerce feature is a bit raw yet, for example, you can't add an "Add to cart" button out of the single product view, for some use cases that would add an extra click to the interaction. Consider simple elements like different tickets for an event that you already explained, taking a user to a single view makes no sense there. Also the e-commerce plan is expensive, in my opinion. For that price, I could use Shopify for example.

The pricing plans sometimes feel a bit complicated to understand, maybe renaming Account plans for Freelancer or Reseller plans could help.

Rebecca W.

Great for designing websites, lacks in e-commerce functions

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

The single best website design tool I have ever used. Ahead of its time when it comes to website design, boasting some great features that all designers in a no-code space will love to make use of!

Pros

Webflow is one of the best website designing tools on the market. Its ability to enable founders to design great front-facing websites is nothing short of spectacular! An excellent tool that enables designers to build fantastic websites!

Cons

Webflow lacks in its ability to support core e-commerce functions. Its ability to enable users to design great websites puts platforms like Wix and Magento to shame but its ability to enable worldwide selling still has a long way to come. I also felt a disconnect between Webflow's website design tools and its hosting functions. Shopify and Krepling boast better functions in this arena. That being said nothing comes close to Webflow in terms of designing great websites!

Jeff M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Webflow = Worth the Time

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Platform that is great for small businesses just starting out. Highly recommended for it's easy of use, affordability and scalability.

Pros

Very slick UI and super easy to use and set up for collaboration. The designer module makes it easy for non-designers to make a site that is not only usable but professional. We really like the extensions that are available for pop-up elements and other helpful engagement modules like PayPal callouts with a Promo offer

Cons

We need to track deep analytics so it's kind of an issue to figure out firing triggers via GTM especially with forms. It takes a bit to get to know the platform but that is like any CMS - Wordpress, Wix, Squarespace.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Simplified designer capabilities and ease of implementation

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

Pricing and looked like a more professional an scalable solution for our ecomm business.
Nicholas P.

A new way to build websites

Reviewed on 2021/10/07

Overall a very positive experience. It's not as 'beginner friendly' as their marketing may suggest. If you don't have experience with CSS you may struggle or mess things up here and there, unless you just stick with their templates.

Pros

There aren't as many limitations as other simple web builders. If you know a basic level of CSS you can pretty much create what you want. The animation features are great too.

Cons

We hire freelancers to work on our website quite a lot and there is a lack of high quality freelancers building in Webflow compared to things like Wordpress. This is hopefully something that will change as the platform becomes more popular, but it has been a frustration at times.

Reasons for Choosing Webflow

Needed more ability to customise things and have a fully unique structure that we can easily adjust over time.

Reasons for Switching to Webflow

More customisable and professional. Less templatey and restricted.