Webflow

The responsive website builder for professionals

Bart M.

The visual web design solution for your startup/business

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Coming from a typical CMS software for our website, Wordpress, the more visual approach of Webflow makes it a breeze to update our website.

Pros

As a Figma user, I like the way of working in a visual environment. To be able to do this for a website / blog is just great. The # of high quality templates available is also a big plus and made it very easy to finally update our website. We came from two Wordpress websites before and to start create a new version was always something left on the table, as it is too cumbersome to do. With Webflow I am sure keeping the website updated with what we do will be far easier than before.

Cons

Currently there are no real downsides. Sometimes I have a hard time fixing things as my html/css knowledge is rather limited, but this has little to do with Webflow itself. Figuring out how it works with their documentation at hand is easy to get past most obstacles.

Yassine B.
  • Industry: Design

Beats wordpress in the long run

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

Making websites for clients is easier now since you just hand off the billing to them and webflow makes this swift. Ease of turning figma or mokcups into a pixel perfect design with granular editing . So many inspirations from the huge community since it belongs to a bigger community which is the no-code

Pros

Considerd no code tool and althouth the learning curve is bit steep its totally worth it and way better than Wordpress when it comes to the pros

Fast hosting and freedom of design

Many integrations

So many templates and cloneables to speed up the process

Cons

Pricing for e-commerce is too high, plus its not easily editable once you create an e-commerce page you can't delete it

Gets very pricey to customize it from a marketing perspective

Matt B.

The new standard in website creation tools

Reviewed on 2020/12/31

Pros

Webflow is super powerful and we recommend all our clients to transition to Webflow from WordPress. It's so much easier to use and maintain and the CMS is class-leading. Add to that good pricing and super reliability and security, we don't develop sites on anything else

Cons

Can be complex to get started if you don't have a web design background, but the Webflow University is so good that even a beginner can get started and make their own site, with little training.

Kalin D.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

The most customizable no-code site builder platform for digital professionals

Reviewed on 2020/10/18

This is one of the best site and landing page builders out there. Although there is a slow learning curve, some drawbacks on the SEO side and heavy UX, overall i am happy with the service. I will continue to be their client, until something better comes up.

So far, i don't see any serious competitor in the field of the website and landing pages builders for proffessionals.

P.S. This software is almost impossible to use for a beginner. It's strictly targeted towards digital professionals with at least 1-2 years experience/

Pros

- The sandbox-like environment.
- The code exporting - that was what got me on board.
- Webflow university - most of the problems one faces, could be found in their "University".

Cons

- Very long learning curve for people who don't know HTML and CSS
- Not that much SEO friendly. The process of SEO optimization is slow and you really have to know what you are doing. Other platforms have made this much easier.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Bells & Whistles, but worried about backend functionality

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

I used this to see if I could use it in my freelance work. What I'm finding is that most of my freelance work is for clients who have contracted Devs or a Dev team established and so the biggest feature of Webflow of being able to publish sites directly from design kind of falls through the cracks. With that, I've run into a few snags with actual Devs saying tat even though the CSS and code is valid, that it sometimes does not set up for flowing functionality on the backend when we change the website or add other things. Overall, it's nice to be able to produce simple website and landing pages straight from your code. I don't know anyone who won't like that, but past that, I don't think the ability to go from design to code really is that much of an advantage. With that, the overall Design features aren't a "Wow!" factor enough to have me switch over from my other design tools. Not a bad effort in the design world and would use again given the right circumstance.

Pros

Design to code ability really is what makes all the hype here. The UI is set up similarly to other design tools, so the ability to onboard quickly is there. Being able to have assets and elements export ready is nice.

Cons

Not as robust in prototyping as I would like, but it's fair enough. Biggest concern for me is that there's no real check to see how the backend of your UI is flowing what you set up on the front end. You REALLY need to have working knowledge of coding to understand that your site will not break. It can look good, but may not function exactly the way you had set up.

Miguel G.
  • Industry: Design

The best site builder for create animations and interactions

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

I am using Webflow to create web app and landing pages animations and interactions

Pros

The thing that i most like in webflow is his really easy feature to create and design animations and interactions, its really good

Cons

The worst part of webflow is his learning curve, i take a long time to lear how use and manipulate it, but after this, its really easy. Other bad thing in webflow is the you get stuck to his host

Rick P.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

The most powerful WYSIWYG website builder available

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

I was surprised at the power at my disposal, particularly adding content and managing styles but was even more impressed at the UI/UX of the editor. I wouldn't call it easy to use exactly but I would call it rewarding.

Pros

Of all the what-you-see-is-what-you-get website builders available (such as Wix, Weebly, Squarespace, et. al.) most of them are aimed at amateurs not really anyone with any sort of extensive web design or development background. Webflow is different in that respect and in all aspects of the user experience, from the way style sheets are exposed, displayed, and edited to the extensive hosting options. I personally like this; there's a lot of power there; but it may be intimidating for non-pros.

For instance, CSS grid functionality was just added. That's great! But how many non-pros know what that is.

The interface is awesome. I figured out it pretty quickly unlike some of the other supposedly easy-to-use services. Looking at you Squarespace.

CMS functionality is powerful. As the marketing blurb says: Adding new content is as easy as filling out a form. You can also add content directly to a live page. That's pretty cool.

Cons

Hosting options are kind of confusing. Simplify them, please.

Miguel B.
  • Industry: Design

Moving from design to a digital product was never this fast

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Webflow has allowed me to fully control the webdesign process, from design to code. And cutting the development time by a lot, without sacrificing any details. It's just great! And if you have some knowledge of css and javascript you can pretty much achieve anuthing

Pros

Webflow is the perfect tool to create websites from scratch, without any code. It's really easy to use if you're a beginner, but also allows you a quite good level of customisation if you're used to working with it.
And above all, it's so easy to create custom animations!

Cons

Sometimes the websites can get a bit heavy if you get too crazy with complex animations, but the overall result will still be pleasent

U deniz A.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Bad customer support behind an awesome platform!!

Reviewed on 2017/05/22

Pros

Almost like photoshop, there is no limit for front-end.
Latest technology.
Modern.
Updated regularly.

Cons

Webflow charged me for the total subscription which I am not aware of since I was trying to learn the platform/editor/designer and then I was going to start my website design business.
I did not publish any website, I only tried to understand the system and try to get some help with it. When you need some help with technical stuff and ask for help their first response is ''please create a detailed post to the Community Forum — our entire staff fields submissions throughout the day!'' You have to follow the guidelines on our Statement of Support page when submitting an inquiry!! Afterwards, I did explain my situation that I wasn't aware what was going on, I am a victim of the technology and I'd like to believe that I ethically have a right to claim a refund under such an inconvenient situation. But the answer was "I can give you a one-time courtesy refund for the last 30 days of service." I would expect a more understanding approach from such a big industry leading web compony and offer me the full refund since I haven't published any website!

Bhavin M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Webflow Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Pros

Easy to design UI/UX for web, mobile and tabs within one application. No need to write HTML and CSS. The course lessons are very helpful. Great features like Multi-language, animations and content management system support within one tool.

Cons

The tool takes time to understand on initial stage. Pre made templates can be made for effective. Webflow is little pricy for themes.

Younes B.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Drag and drop concept but not that easy

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

I give the platform a real shot when I came across a template (very good one) made by some entrepreneur, he put it out there for free to clone and use. So I did and bring it to my account on Webflow. After half an hour I give up! The platform is too complicated. There's i a lot of clutter.

Pros

The no code approach that the creators of Webflow had built the platform around it. that what make me give it a try.

Cons

It's right that you don't have to be a programmer to use the platform. but that doesn't mean it is easy to use. It isn't. So there is a learning curve and it is so steep one.

Sean M.

Reviewed on 2018/01/04

Kajetan W.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Awesome web builder tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I worked on marketing landing pages using Webflow. I have experience with some other builders and Webflow is really really good.

Pros

It has the best tutorial videos I've ever seen. Love it and can't wait to work more with Webflow which has lots of features and the way they've created the web building process is great. It's somewhere between builders like Elementor or Wix and writing code by yourself because some knowledge is needed to use it.

Cons

Video tutorials are great but tooltips inside the tool were annyoing and not useful at all. Also, keep in mind, you need to know some HTML/CSS basisc to use it. For some people it can be a disadvantage.

Sean M.

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Used for web designing

Reviewed on 2018/09/23

Great

Pros

It is best software to visually manilulate PSS. You dont need to do coding for web designing in this and coding will be done automatically at back end. Also we dont need to purchase paid version, all features are available in free version.

Cons

Although coding will be done at back end but You should have Little knowledge of coding for best use of this software.

• Used Other for Free Trial

I look forward to the future development

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Pros

Great marketing materials
Easy to use - Versatile
Functions availability

Cons

In the development stages providing limited resourced themes for starters

Brian H.

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

Hemmo D.

Reviewed on 2016/10/27

Justine S.
  • Industry: Design

Easy Website Creation Tool that allows complete customization.

Reviewed on 2021/02/20

Extremely positive. I've built a number of websites at this point, both for business and personal use, and they look so much better than anything on Squarespace and Wix.

Pros

The ability to create and complete customize a website pretty simply is the best part. I've used other "no-coding" website tools in the past and would get so frustrated because I wouldn't be able to edit key parts of the design with out diving into the muddy code. Webflow allows you to have all the customization you'd find if building your website from scratch without all the coding. As a designer, who can code but prefers not to, Webflow is my preferred spot for building any website.

Cons

Some of the tools are hard to find. I've accidentally clicked things in the past and spent hours figuring out where I need to click to fix things. Finding solutions is also difficult at times. The forums aren't as extensive as other softwares that I've used.

• Industry: Insurance

Excellent improvement from WP or Duda

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

Pros

Great templates and customizations, integrations and UX improvement.

Cons

Customer support and loading speed need improvement

Dana R.
  • Industry: Online Media

A Superb All-In-One Service For Design, Hosting, Blogging and E-Commerce

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

My creativity is off the charts. Yes, seriously. I no longer feel limited in my designs and that's worth every penny they charge, and for all they offer in their paid plans - it's a no brainer.

Pros

Oh my, where to start! I've been a designer for over 12 years and I've been looking for a more intuitive way of design and expressing my creativity online. I've mostly used Wordpress but was getting tired of the same 'ol, same 'ol, if you will. Websites were all starting to look the same, in other words... boring. I came across Webflow a couple months ago and let's just say, I'm in total love!

I'm not quite a developer yet so having software like Webflow gives me the freedom and flexibility to still be creative and push out hyper-functional websites that actually work and look good. The code is super clean and export-able, sites are responsive - with the ability to manage/rearrange/save content for each device - and customization is top notch.

Their video tutorials (and PixelGeek on YouTube - he's the coolest!) and knowledge center offer in-depth guidance and help, which is a blessing. I also appreciate the fact that I can host with Webflow as well. At this point in my career, I want everything as streamlined as possible and Webflow makes it easy and secure.

Cons

The free plan is limited but understandbly so. It's not for the faint of heart either. You have to want to learn a new method and process in order to make it work for you, especially if you're not much of a developer or deep digger (as I call it) of code.

Their pricing, while very much worth it, needs an overhaul from their marketing department. It's difficult to understand what's needed. For instance, you need a Site plan as well as an Account plan, but that's not made very clear. I actually had to find the answer in their forum. For instance, if you want to host/create/manage 3 websites, you'll need 1 Account plan and 3 site plans.

Jeff M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Webflow = Worth the Time

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Platform that is great for small businesses just starting out. Highly recommended for it's easy of use, affordability and scalability.

Pros

Very slick UI and super easy to use and set up for collaboration. The designer module makes it easy for non-designers to make a site that is not only usable but professional. We really like the extensions that are available for pop-up elements and other helpful engagement modules like PayPal callouts with a Promo offer

Cons

We need to track deep analytics so it's kind of an issue to figure out firing triggers via GTM especially with forms. It takes a bit to get to know the platform but that is like any CMS - Wordpress, Wix, Squarespace.

Silviu O.

Why Webflow is one of the best tools for fast web prototyping and landing pages

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Webflow allows you to move really fast. It has lots of things predefined for you, it has great tutorials to learn from and great customer support. For me, it is definitely the number one choice for web prototyping because I can build a great responsive website in hours and share the link with somebody else.

Pros

Webflow can be used for both prototyping and production ready websites.
One of the greatest features of Webflow is its responsiveness: the UI adapts almost seamless to different screen sizes. Modifications on one screen size are spread across all different sizes.
It has this great feature that allows you to reuse UI components across the entire project just by setting the same name for the components. UI components can also have multiple names and inherit multiple behaviors from different components.
The code is totally transparent to the user: the user works just with visual elements and Webflow generates code in the back.

It is a great tool for prototyping web pages: you can have your project published for free on a subdomain of Webflow just by clicking a button. It has a wide variety of predefined themes you can choose from.

It is great for landing pages: it has lots of SEO features built right into it if you decided to host your website on their servers.

Cons

It is hard to collaborate as a team on a shared project.
Copying and sharing work between different projects is sometimes painful.
The price of hosting the website is relatively high comparing to the industry standard, but you can always opt in to export the code and host it somewhere else.

Douwe V.

The perfect website builder for Graphic- and UX-designers

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Would recommend this software to all my friends, I do so actually. The learning curve seemed a bit steep at the beginning, but once you get the hang it's great!

Pros

There is no coding involved, but you're still free to create anything you want. You need a few hours to get used to the system, but once you know the basics it's super easy.

Cons

Some packages are pretty expensive compared to the market. The packages are pretty expensive and even the paid ones are limited in some ways.

LOVE Webflow

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

It is hard to pick what I like most because there is so much to love. Amazing customer support and strong community. I am a strong front-end developer and don't feel like their platform dumbs-down what I know. So much flexibility, speed with the built-in hosting, always releasing features that their community has requested, really helpful at sharing work-arounds.

Cons

There are a few current limitations like no built-in pagination that have slowed down my development and I've had to implement clunky work-arounds, but the pros completely outweigh the cons.