Webflow

The responsive website builder for professionals

4,6
4,2
4,5
4,1
4,2
Daniel W.
Company size: Self Employed

Once I found Webflow, I NEVER turned back!

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

I love Webflow, and could spend all day counting the reasons, but here are the top 5 that created a nice business use case for my clients who are more than happy to proceed with Webflow.

1) Contributors can edit almost any element of content right on the page. Click on a photo, and bam... you can upload your own instead. Click on some text that's inside of a show/hide div, and bam... you're typing away right on the page so you can see how it's looking without having to bounce to a new window every step. This single feature is the strongest draw for my clients as we all know what WP has to offer.

2) NO PLUGINNS necessary! nothing to update, configure, or crash as Webflow is constantly improving features and taking care of system updates for you. The danger of having so many plugins and composers mixed into a WP site is just that.. danger to a small business who has no staff or staging site to test the latest updates. Basically, Webflow takes the guesswork out of making a professional custom site.

3) Solid Support and hours of training videos that are frequently updated/added to.

4) NO CODING NECESSARY. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS will truly help, but unless one is adding in an iFrame or custom code element, there is never a need to write CSS code, JS code, Angular JS, PHP, and so-on. -allowing all us designers to soar with fast paced visual editing.

5) Awesome templates, and one can paste content and structure from one site/account to another!!

Pros

-Most important- EASE OF USE with it's visual interface-see next
-The GUI is very similar to the Adobe Creative Cloud software as it uses tool pallets instead of tedious forms and fields.
-Contributors can edit RIGHT INSIDE THE PAGE vs the WordPress back-end feel that gets folks lost.
-The automation of multiple image sizes per view
-Minifying scripts and code
-Custom code insertions are as easy as drag/drop
-Intuitive interface knows when one is using similar classes and suggests them while creating new
-Client Billing is easy and a Dream to setup including a pinch of the cut for yourself
-Setting up hosting is lightning fast with a proficient DNS record understanding.

Cons

-Because Webflow is built for professional use, Admin edit access for a site is setup so only the Webflow account holder can access and edit the site at an admin level. This becomes a huge issue for clients who only want to contract my work upfront. Contributors can surely edit content, but should be able to be authors/admins. There are "Team Plans" but they are costly. So- in order to allow my clients Admin access, I would either have to give them my account info, opening up to them deleting other clients sites, or I must have them setup their own webflow account. -Due to this, I must transfer sites to client accounts once my design is complete if they want to be the Admin after hand-off. suggest much better setup here please~

Adrien L.

Webflow user review

Reviewed on 2020/04/18

Fast, agile design and development of websites. Prototyping to launch timeline is greatly reduced, so profitability is increased. The CMS is highly customizable and easy to buildout.

Pros

Webflow allows for an agile design and development cycle. Iterations are quick to accomplish. The UX layout of the toolkit is easy to understand. The ability to add 3rd party integrations and custom code really extend the usability.

Cons

Webflow continually rolls out new features, but still lacks multi-filter search functions. Webflow has extensive tutorials, but it will take some time for a new user with prior HTML and CSS knowledge to get past the beginner level.

Kalin D.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

The most customizable no-code site builder platform for digital professionals

Reviewed on 2020/10/18

This is one of the best site and landing page builders out there. Although there is a slow learning curve, some drawbacks on the SEO side and heavy UX, overall i am happy with the service. I will continue to be their client, until something better comes up.

So far, i don't see any serious competitor in the field of the website and landing pages builders for proffessionals.

P.S. This software is almost impossible to use for a beginner. It's strictly targeted towards digital professionals with at least 1-2 years experience/

Pros

- The sandbox-like environment.
- The code exporting - that was what got me on board.
- Webflow university - most of the problems one faces, could be found in their "University".

Cons

- Very long learning curve for people who don't know HTML and CSS
- Not that much SEO friendly. The process of SEO optimization is slow and you really have to know what you are doing. Other platforms have made this much easier.

Sophie W.

Really poor experience

Reviewed on 2020/10/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Poor

Pros

At the beginning, I thought the free templates are nice

Cons

- Was very confusing to use (I'm assuming it's more for very experienced designers)
- There customer service is non-existent, I had numerous situations where there was a bug or I was stuck and there was literally no way of solving it. Weblfow only refers you to articles that are hit or miss
- You had to google how to do very basic tasks

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Shannon C.
Industry: Media Production
Company size: Self Employed

I can't stop recommending Webflow to everyone

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Webflow is the best thing that has ever happened to my business.

Pros

As a small business, it's not uncommon to be the one wearing all of the hats in your business. I'm a photographer and I've designed websites for myself through Wix, 22slides, 4ormat, Squarespace, Wordpress, Virb and finally... Webflow. I'm not exaggerating when I say Webflow is the holy grail of customizability and ease of use. For the past 10 years, I've hated doing website updates or overhauls. Now, I look forward to creating websites in Webflow. Using Webflow inspired the confidence to design more websites for fun, including one for a personal project! They all look beautiful.

Cons

This honestly may be something I haven't figured out yet, but I don't think you can use animations within CMS pages.

Noah G.
Industry: Design

Great for clients to self manage

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Very happy with it. We built over a dozen websites on this and the clients have been happy as well.

Pros

Webflow is pretty amazing. I believe this is the best platform I've come across for building a website for a client to self manage. You can build on a developer end and have them make edits on the client/editor side. I really like the collection building on the back end.

Cons

I didn't love that you can't chose different captcha options or change the size of it. Also, the editing options are sometimes limited when setting up a blog.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Best no-code website builder in the market

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Everything about Webflow is amazing. The interface is clean and easy to learn (they have more than 100 video tutorials, it is basically a "University" ). With Webflow you do not need to know how to code, you can create websites with static and dynamic content. And it is easy to customize any component. Every month they release new components, features, improve the interface, etc.

Also, I would like to say the customer support is 10/10, they really care about your problems (if you have any).

Pros

The components (tabs, forms, text, etc) are totally customizable as if you were coding. And the ability to create a dynamic website with ease.

Cons

The hosting price is higher than other website builders.

Dimitar T.
Industry: E-Learning

Super tool for creating websites

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

I'm really impressed of all functionality and options that tool offering. You can create and Bute new website in just few days.

Pros

Webflow is rich with functionality and different customisation options that allow you to create stunning websites landing pages and akumas websites. All this has options to export in HTML.

Cons

You need a several days or weeks to learn all functionality and work with the tool easy. It's not recommended for beginners.

Bart M.
Industry: Computer Software

The visual web design solution for your startup/business

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Coming from a typical CMS software for our website, Wordpress, the more visual approach of Webflow makes it a breeze to update our website.

Pros

As a Figma user, I like the way of working in a visual environment. To be able to do this for a website / blog is just great. The # of high quality templates available is also a big plus and made it very easy to finally update our website. We came from two Wordpress websites before and to start create a new version was always something left on the table, as it is too cumbersome to do. With Webflow I am sure keeping the website updated with what we do will be far easier than before.

Cons

Currently there are no real downsides. Sometimes I have a hard time fixing things as my html/css knowledge is rather limited, but this has little to do with Webflow itself. Figuring out how it works with their documentation at hand is easy to get past most obstacles.

Industry: Insurance

Excellent improvement from WP or Duda

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

Pros

Great templates and customizations, integrations and UX improvement.

Cons

Customer support and loading speed need improvement

Eric C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Webflow is a niche product - the enthusiast's ultimate tool to making a visually stunning website

Reviewed on 2020/01/05

In my opinion, after 2+ years of using it (which I've now switched back to Wordpress for practicality), it really is a tool for web design enthusiasts. If you are an artist, musician, or design websites for that type of crowd, I think Webflow is the ideal tool for you because of how unique and capable it is for visual design. But for the majority of web designers and developers, you may find Webflow's workflow cumbersome and sometimes impractical for most client projects.

Pros

You can design some truly beautiful and unique websites in Webflow. There's no other software that has as many features and ability to completely control the design of your website other than Webflow. No coding needed, at all. There is a learning curve but the tutorial videos they offer are second to none. Hands down, the best tutorial series I've ever seen - you'll know why when you start watching. You will find that website animations are simple to implement and can be as complex as you need them to be. Here is my best description of Webflow - limitless when it comes to visual design.

Cons

Unfortunately, Webflow is not really practical for most professional web designers and developers. There are several serious reasons why I advise against using Webflow when building websites for other businesses. First off, most people have heard of Wordpress, but not Webflow, so selling a business on using the software is difficult. It can be hard to find outside developers and designers able to work in the system, whereas you can easily hire someone to work in Wordpress. Second off, it is expensive to host a website natively in Webflow (though this feature works great), yet it is impractical to just use the export feature. You lose the CMS/blog, ecommerce, and search abilities if you choose to pass on Webflow hosting. Lastly, it is not well suited for complex, large websites and is not suited at all for any specialized backend software. Worse yet, it is too complex to work with for simple sites.

Dana R.
Industry: Online Media

A Superb All-In-One Service For Design, Hosting, Blogging and E-Commerce

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

My creativity is off the charts. Yes, seriously. I no longer feel limited in my designs and that's worth every penny they charge, and for all they offer in their paid plans - it's a no brainer.

Pros

Oh my, where to start! I've been a designer for over 12 years and I've been looking for a more intuitive way of design and expressing my creativity online. I've mostly used Wordpress but was getting tired of the same 'ol, same 'ol, if you will. Websites were all starting to look the same, in other words... boring. I came across Webflow a couple months ago and let's just say, I'm in total love!

I'm not quite a developer yet so having software like Webflow gives me the freedom and flexibility to still be creative and push out hyper-functional websites that actually work and look good. The code is super clean and export-able, sites are responsive - with the ability to manage/rearrange/save content for each device - and customization is top notch.

Their video tutorials (and PixelGeek on YouTube - he's the coolest!) and knowledge center offer in-depth guidance and help, which is a blessing. I also appreciate the fact that I can host with Webflow as well. At this point in my career, I want everything as streamlined as possible and Webflow makes it easy and secure.

Cons

The free plan is limited but understandbly so. It's not for the faint of heart either. You have to want to learn a new method and process in order to make it work for you, especially if you're not much of a developer or deep digger (as I call it) of code.

Their pricing, while very much worth it, needs an overhaul from their marketing department. It's difficult to understand what's needed. For instance, you need a Site plan as well as an Account plan, but that's not made very clear. I actually had to find the answer in their forum. For instance, if you want to host/create/manage 3 websites, you'll need 1 Account plan and 3 site plans.

Marcin M.
Industry: Design

When design quality matter, there is no better tool to develop a website

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Developing a website can be a pain if you work with inexperienced developers without an eye to the details. Therefore I looked for a product that can help you build a fully functional, animated website within days, without the help of external developers. With Webflow, it's super easy. I've built huge marketing websites (150+ pages) and smaller landing pages with it and I'm super impressed-- that basically-- there are no limits. If something is not "built-in" as Webflow element, you can always add any custom code you want and integrate your website with any external tool you use.

Pros

- Ease of use, intuitive
- Superfast to develop a website from blank page to end website
- Interactions – super intuitive
- Continuous product updates based on users' feedback
- CMS solutions
- When hosted on Webflow, website doesn't need your work on updating any part of the code (f.e. to keep compatibility)

Cons

- Lack of built-in localization features (language select) (But can be done other ways)
- None, really, I'm a huge fan of this product!

Industry: Information Technology & Services

A promising alternative to Wordpress

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

After using Webflow for some projects I can say that is the best match for:

Small to medium-sized projects brochure-ware like or content-driven where your clients want to edit the content themselves, the editor interface is quite good and you can limit what the editor can edit so you won't end up with a broken page and your clients won't be worried about breaking it either.

Pros

Webflow editor simply rocks, some website builders and over simplistic and as I developer I feel chained of it's developers choices. Others are way too messy, unnecesarily complicated.

Somehow Webflow has found the way to integrate an easy to use, clear and powerful editor with a powerful and fast hosting. Overall I love that I don't need to worry about the sites speed or Security (a big thing if you are a Wordpress developer, for example).

Developing on Webflow feels way easier and to the point experience, no plugins to update, no broken pages or "Oh, the cart stopped working last night", no xss vulnerabilities to attend and the list goes on. I also love that they included a CMS feature, that it's where most of their competitors lose against Webflow. Symbols are also really cool, saving up a lot of time!

Last is great that you can restrict what the editor can or can't change! Why should a blog writer be able to change the site layout?

Cons

The e-commerce feature is a bit raw yet, for example, you can't add an "Add to cart" button out of the single product view, for some use cases that would add an extra click to the interaction. Consider simple elements like different tickets for an event that you already explained, taking a user to a single view makes no sense there. Also the e-commerce plan is expensive, in my opinion. For that price, I could use Shopify for example.

The pricing plans sometimes feel a bit complicated to understand, maybe renaming Account plans for Freelancer or Reseller plans could help.

Rebecca W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great for designing websites, lacks in e-commerce functions

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

The single best website design tool I have ever used. Ahead of its time when it comes to website design, boasting some great features that all designers in a no-code space will love to make use of!

Pros

Webflow is one of the best website designing tools on the market. Its ability to enable founders to design great front-facing websites is nothing short of spectacular! An excellent tool that enables designers to build fantastic websites!

Cons

Webflow lacks in its ability to support core e-commerce functions. Its ability to enable users to design great websites puts platforms like Wix and Magento to shame but its ability to enable worldwide selling still has a long way to come. I also felt a disconnect between Webflow's website design tools and its hosting functions. Shopify and Krepling boast better functions in this arena. That being said nothing comes close to Webflow in terms of designing great websites!

Jeff M.
Industry: Human Resources

Webflow = Worth the Time

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Platform that is great for small businesses just starting out. Highly recommended for it's easy of use, affordability and scalability.

Pros

Very slick UI and super easy to use and set up for collaboration. The designer module makes it easy for non-designers to make a site that is not only usable but professional. We really like the extensions that are available for pop-up elements and other helpful engagement modules like PayPal callouts with a Promo offer

Cons

We need to track deep analytics so it's kind of an issue to figure out firing triggers via GTM especially with forms. It takes a bit to get to know the platform but that is like any CMS - Wordpress, Wix, Squarespace.

Silviu O.
Industry: Computer Software

Why Webflow is one of the best tools for fast web prototyping and landing pages

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Webflow allows you to move really fast. It has lots of things predefined for you, it has great tutorials to learn from and great customer support. For me, it is definitely the number one choice for web prototyping because I can build a great responsive website in hours and share the link with somebody else.

Pros

Webflow can be used for both prototyping and production ready websites.
One of the greatest features of Webflow is its responsiveness: the UI adapts almost seamless to different screen sizes. Modifications on one screen size are spread across all different sizes.
It has this great feature that allows you to reuse UI components across the entire project just by setting the same name for the components. UI components can also have multiple names and inherit multiple behaviors from different components.
The code is totally transparent to the user: the user works just with visual elements and Webflow generates code in the back.

It is a great tool for prototyping web pages: you can have your project published for free on a subdomain of Webflow just by clicking a button. It has a wide variety of predefined themes you can choose from.

It is great for landing pages: it has lots of SEO features built right into it if you decided to host your website on their servers.

Cons

It is hard to collaborate as a team on a shared project.
Copying and sharing work between different projects is sometimes painful.
The price of hosting the website is relatively high comparing to the industry standard, but you can always opt in to export the code and host it somewhere else.

Jacob H.
Industry: Graphic Design

My Business Runs on Webflow

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

Webflow is literally the tool that I use most in my business. I use it every single day, and it is an integral part of what I do. The team at webflow is amazing, and they truly care about making the web a better place. The software is easy to use,​and extremely​ powerful.

Cons

There are some missing features, and it does take a while for the webflow team to get around to implementing them.

Pedro P.
Industry: Design

A quick way to create clean code.

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Webflow helps me to quickly create the frontend of websites graphically without coding, shows all the changes in real time, with its css and js drivers, can create animations quickly and very professional styles, is a excellent tool to make scalable projects, gives total freedom over the code, also its hosting has a great performance, includes the ssl certificate its integrated cms is quite easy to use.

Pros

Webflow is a web application that facilitates the creation of the frontend design of websites, what I like most about webflow is that it allows me to manage html css and js graphically, besides that the imported code is very clean, as if it was created through code, it does not add lines or unnecessary code, in addition you can also add half querys to ensure the responsive development of the page without coding, since it has in its graphic editor the possibility of modifying the design for smartphones and tablets, in the landscape and portrait position, another thing that I really like is that I do not need any installation to start using it, besides it is easily integrated with tools like google analytics.

Cons

Graphically you can not access to modify nested selectors, so it is always necessary to include a class, or otherwise add the css code manually, this is a problem for users of the free layer, since it does not allow them to download The code is also somewhat complex to use its line of learning is steep.

Webflow is a web designer's holy grail

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

My web design company can afford to support smaller businesses and non-profits, because our overhead is MUCH lower, now that we don't need to hire a development team.

Pros

Webflow has been a game changer. It allows you to develop a website in a visual way. Unlike Squarespace and Wix and the like, it's not a web builder. You actually use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to build the website. For designers, it's crucial, because you can design websites and forego hiring a developer to code it. Truly, Webflow has impressive functionality, and they're always improving.

Cons

I wish Webflow had the functionality for native e-commerce. Multiple languages, native forums, and chat functionality would also be nice. While you can integrate all of these features from external plug-ins, it would make the development process much smoother if these functions were native.

Industry: Internet

The best thing since sliced bread

Reviewed on 2018/10/06

In a nutshell, Webflow allows us to build an amazing website in days instead of weeks. Devs love it because they can move fast, designers love it because the end result is just like the design, and the clients love it because it's really easy for them to make quick edits.

Pros

Simply put, Webflow is a UI over HTML and CSS. That means that anything you can build in HTML/CSS, you can build in Webflow ten times easier.

We used to allocate weeks to building websites, involve multiple devs and spent a sizeable amount of time fixing cross-browser compatibility issues. Since we've started using Webflow, the turnaround time for projects decreased considerably and the devs love building websites (which wasn't happening before).

Besides building the front-end, Webflow features a powerful CMS that allows you to visually edit the contents directly in the website - a feature that clients love, alongside the point-and-click content editing.

Webflow is easy to learn (you need a good HTML/CSS understanding, though), incredibly easy to create mind-blowing animations and runs buttery smooth on any browser, anywhere in the world (they're using AWS infrastructure after all).

Cons

Webflow doesn't yet have an e-commerce CMS - it is still to be launched, even though it was announced some time ago.

Industry: Fine Art

The future of website creation

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

So far so good. Haven’t had the site live yet but the creation process is pretty straight forward.

Pros

How custom you can make your site.
How fast it loads.
How professional it looks.
Two clean way to edit your site

Cons

Has a learning curve but an AMAZING tutorial.
I swear the tutorial is one of the best I’ve seen in the tech business. They are funny but yet informative. Usually you dread watching those videos but man they are awesome.

Jenevine B.
Industry: Design

Webflow is the best no code platform

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Our business loves Webflow. We can't imagine our daily lives without it. It has really given us freedom and loosened our ties with an outsourced development team, who we felt was eating up all our costs.

Pros

Webflow is a visual builder for websites and prototype softwares. It eliminates writing lines of code and streamlines the process of creating prototypes or functioning websites. It's relatively easy to learn, especially with a very extensive University resource. There is even a great community on the forums, Slack, and Facebook. Webflow's support is always very helpful. They truly put the consumer first.

Cons

It is always evolving, but there are specific features I would like to see implemented that I feel are pretty basic in web design.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Bells & Whistles, but worried about backend functionality

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/20

I used this to see if I could use it in my freelance work. What I'm finding is that most of my freelance work is for clients who have contracted Devs or a Dev team established and so the biggest feature of Webflow of being able to publish sites directly from design kind of falls through the cracks. With that, I've run into a few snags with actual Devs saying tat even though the CSS and code is valid, that it sometimes does not set up for flowing functionality on the backend when we change the website or add other things. Overall, it's nice to be able to produce simple website and landing pages straight from your code. I don't know anyone who won't like that, but past that, I don't think the ability to go from design to code really is that much of an advantage. With that, the overall Design features aren't a "Wow!" factor enough to have me switch over from my other design tools. Not a bad effort in the design world and would use again given the right circumstance.

Pros

Design to code ability really is what makes all the hype here. The UI is set up similarly to other design tools, so the ability to onboard quickly is there. Being able to have assets and elements export ready is nice.

Cons

Not as robust in prototyping as I would like, but it's fair enough. Biggest concern for me is that there's no real check to see how the backend of your UI is flowing what you set up on the front end. You REALLY need to have working knowledge of coding to understand that your site will not break. It can look good, but may not function exactly the way you had set up.

Rebecca R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

An ideal tool to build your website according to your needs

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

An excellent tool because it allows us to work on scalable projects because it is really feasible that several colleagues can work on the same website because this way the development is much faster which makes the projects become fun and the workflow is less rigorous.

Pros

I like it because it is a software that allows you to work from scratch in the creation of a website, contains a really modern and beautiful interface because it is very well designed so anyone with basic knowledge can be able to use it without any delay,is easy to use and can be useful for teamwork since in the development of a page can work several colleagues which helps your development process is much faster, also the code can be exported and because it provides an internal hosting the cost of money is lower, but what I like is that your launch of the pages is fast.

Cons

Although its design is really nice does not imply that it can be used by anyone, because working on this software without having basic knowledge of programming will make it quite complicated and difficult especially because for the assignment of elements is required to assign a class of
hierarchical selectors.