Maitre'D

Restaurant, bar & hotel management solution

Kenzo

fast and reliable, easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

this software is simple to use for everyone. Everything is well explain no matter the levels of knowledge.

Cons

I really dont know what to say about negative from this software. I really loved this software. Thank you MAitre D

Mary

Tech guys are awesome!

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

Great but a little difficult setting up for menu items.

Great but a little difficult setting up for menu items.

Pros

Support was awesome...no matter what time of day or night - someone was always there to help out any problems we'd be having. It wasn't made for communicating with our hotel software but they made it work. The software does a lot more than we actually use it for.

Cons

Problems with interaction for room charges in the hotel...not always a problem with the software though but a hardware problem on our own end.

Scott
  • Industry: Restaurants

SYSTEM IS VERY OUTDATED AND THE OLDER IT GETS IT SEEMS TO BE A MAGNET FOR GLITCHES

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

I am curious what the user life of this product is. Our's is 11 yrs old and runs windows xp in the dining room "touchscreen & credit cards" , and my back office is running windows 7.1. The system is slowing down, running sluggish and recently we had a serious networking problem that ruined our Friday Night all you can eat Fish & Chips. 2 managers were on the phone w tech support for hours. The first call was made on Thursday evening and they responded Friday around 415pm. The call was made far enough in advance. Another time the power went off and when restored I couldn't reload the system because it "locked" and made me get a new product code to proceed. Again it was at 6pm and we had a full house. I had to purchase this code i know i didn't need over the phone with my credit card just to get my POS up and running. I had several outstanding tables that needed to be finalized and cashed out. I will say when i needed to get that unlock code there were no hold ups or waiting like when I needed tech support. They answered right off in person and were very eager to take my payment. The initial start up cost was ten thousand dollars cash up front. I consider that a big investment. I'm still paying and paying for insurance on hardware and software upgrades. My fear is it's going to get too old and out of date and I will be forced to purchase an entire new system. If I get both front and back pc's running windows 10 at the same time I will be very surprised. 10 is supposed to be the next operating system that's going to give us almost 20 yrs like XP and XP Pro did. we will see.

Pros

It's a user friendly and training waitstaff is very easy. Big bold buttons and colors on the screen

Cons

When I call TECH support I need support NOW not tomorrow. When POS is down my business doesn't Run!

Jase

Happy

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

Easy to set up, Great corporate head office module. Can add new items in multiple locations within minutes.

Cons

Has its fair share of bugs, but which software doesn't. Need to communicate without th support to fix the issues which takes time.

Sabrina

This is amazing!

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

This system makes it simple to take care of customers in a timely fashion. The POS terminal is easy to set up and use which made the transition much smoother from the system we were using.

Mellanie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Not worth the effort Much better products out there

Reviewed on 2023/12/14

Pros

Preloaded items were a plus for us when it came to drinks

Cons

So hard to set up new users and train new people on it. I couldn't get training help. Paid for a whole session so they would go over every single part of it. They didn't cover much in the training.

Response from Payfacto

Hello Mellanie,

We are sorry to hear that your experience with our training team did not meet your expectations, but we appreciate your feedback. Please reach out to us at [email protected] or via phone at (514) 665-6281, so that we can work to address the issue. We take all feedback seriously and welcome the opportunity to make things right.

Best regards,

Work at a hotel in BC
Crashed all the time, slow
Froze
Was not very easy to make it our own

Pros

I guess the good thing was easy to train people on

Cons

Old school! Very basic program we used
Crashed al the time

Response from Payfacto

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have just released the newest, most powerful Maitre'D version packed with all of our latest features for faster and smoother operations. We are offering for a limited period, free software upgrades to all our existing Maitre'D customers.

Please contact us to set it up!

Wishing you a great new year,

The Maitre'D team.

Keith
Keith

Great if you need something out of the box

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

This software is great for companies that need something simple to work with and are not looking for propitiatory POS systems.

Cons

At times when using the software at the POS it seems like you have to take more steps then you should to complete certain functions.

• Industry: Hospitality

MaitreD is great POS for hotels

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Great POS system for restaurants in a hotel if you have a PMS system that is compatible with it so that Room Charges can be synced.

Pros

This POS is great for our restaurants. It provides good reporting for revenue centers and also a good labor tracking report. The UI is very simple and easy to use

Cons

It uses very old SQL libraries, so not the best way to store data. The system does not easily integrate with different systems, so you are limited due to compatibility.

Steven

User friendly and easy to use

Reviewed on 2011/07/20

A great buy for any restaurantor that is looking to
get the most profits out of his business and...

A great buy for any restaurantor that is looking to
get the most profits out of his business and increase
customer satisfaction with faster and more efficient service

Pros

Great user interface easy to use.
Easy to install, great customer service .
Very stable and robust software
Very flexible can be adapted to any type of rerstaurant.
Great reporting.
PCI compliant software.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about it, Seriously!!

Response from Payfacto

Thank you for the great review!

Derek
  • Industry: Restaurants

No customer technical support, wait for ever for a call back

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

They also changed their credit card processing policies. Last June (2018) they suddenly made a change to their credit card processing software to make it so it no longer held the card information for use when the guest left. If you swipe a card to start a tab, that information is useless to close the tab with, and the system can't access it. You need to rely on the customer to remember to come back and swipe the card again at the end of their visit. They claimed this was for PCI compliance. When I asked how we should hold tabs open for customers, they instructed us to hold customer credit cards behind the bar to secure their tab. That is the opposite of PCI compliance, and actually breaks many privacy laws. What are you thinking Posera? Down the tubes.

Pros

We used to like the optional features and interface possibilities, until we found out that most of them don't work as promised.

Cons

The live customer support has gone extinct. When you call for the "24 hour technical support" you are usually just getting on a wait list for a call back, or leaving a recorded message for an eventual call back. Waiting right now for a call back, over an hour waiting, with a total system failure. Second time like this in the last 3 weeks. Ridiculous.

Amine
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

POS MaitreD

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

It had good functionality and layout, but it was outdated.

It had good functionality and layout, but it was outdated.

Pros

Large colorful buttons on the screen that can easily be identified.

Cons

Too slaw to start and it does has multiple screens option while you are using it.

Response from Payfacto

Hi Amine,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please contact us to set it up!

Wishing you a great new year,

The Maitre'D team.

Krissy

Horrible

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

They make it so your stuck with a high profile car credit card oteoccesdibg company. System is not user friendly. Cost s fortune to get anything fixed in it and you will have a lot of problems with it

Cons

Can’t switch credit card companies without paying a fortune. You’d trapped into a high price processing company or pay a fortune to be accessible to another company.

Fernando
  • Industry: Entertainment

it is a nice easy system

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

simple.

Cons

no support, extremely expensive when you get and if you get it. it looks like there is only one tech in the whole city, phone support takes days for a call back if they call back.

Hannah
  • Industry: Entertainment

Not worth it

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Pros

Easy to use with minimal issues on the floor front. Easy to train others to use. Very server friendly.

Cons

Way too expensive for what you're getting. Long wait times for customer service and credit card processing.

Beej

It's time to say goodbye

Reviewed on 2015/09/02

We purchased a hotel that used MaitreD and continued to use it until early 2014, when we decided we would switch to Aloha by NCR. We had seen issues with MaitreD but the company convinced us that those issues would be solved by upgrading to their newest release. Alas, for a variety of reasons, we did not switch, but rather, upgraded our MaitreD system to the latest version and purchased new hardware to support it. Installation was done by Fleischer Sales in Vermont, and we thought we'd be better off than before. Wrong. Service and reliability have been awful, with frequent crashes, the need to pay for every single issue from day one, and an inflexible setup that is killing our restaurant. It is so bad that we will dump the system well before the three year lease is up. This POS isn't Point of Sale, it's a Piece of... Good riddance.

Krista
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Not the best for the price, also not the worst

Reviewed on 2017/04/14

The interface looks nicer than some other products on the market, but can be slow at times. Although it does look nicer than others, I wouldn't say it is the nicest. It is very user friendly, which I like. I would recommend this if you are okay with the slower system. I hope newer versions will fix this issue. It is also somewhat pricey for my liking.

Pros

The interface is nice looking
Very user-friendly

Cons

Nice, but not nicest looking interface
Pricey compared to competitors

Ken
  • Industry: Restaurants

Independent review by a POS consultant

Reviewed on 2016/06/21

Pros

It is a very eliable solution using premises server. Runs on MS Windows instead of requiring IOS.
Hardware isn't as expensive and less costly monthly vs high licensing or hosting fees

Cons

Ours is not wireless tablets. Would like wireless tablets and card swipe at the table.

Connie

Modifications

Reviewed on 2016/12/10

I've been working in kitchens for more then 10 years and Maitre'd is definitely one of the best systems for efficiency and high turn-over services.

Pros

Easy to modify orders quickly, everything is available to see anytime (guest numbers, bill prices, daily sales etc.)

Cons

A bit difficult to do preliminary training, easy to "get lost" in it if you're not used to it.

Matthew

So simple!

Reviewed on 2016/10/31

The simplicity of implementation is what sold us. Yes, it's easy to use for the line staff, but the initial setup was so great. Great customer support when we've had questions.

Alisha
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

POS

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

Overall this wasn't my favourite POS system, although it did have all the functions I needed I thought there was just better products on the market compared to this one.

Manoj

MAIITRED POS

Reviewed on 2011/08/23

Good software compared to other similar softwares available in market for POS.

Good software compared to other similar softwares available in market for POS.

Pros

Easy to configure.
Modular design
Cost effective
Compatible with most of standard POS hardwares
Good reports

Cons

Not a centralized software.
Build on older version of database.
Screen navigation disign is poor
Inventory management screen designs are poor
Masters import from excel not available

Doug

Vice President

Reviewed on 2011/11/10

Outstanding new version, easy to upgrade and it's what our chain accounts want and need.

Pros

The new SQL version of Maitre'D proves that POSERA is committed to ongoing upgrades and they have committed the company to invest in the system , rather than sit back as others do use 20 year old datastructures.

Cons

All new versions have issues but the issues we had we all resolved.

Josh
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 2016/10/09

Excellent product, worked exactly as described and exceeded expectations.

Excellent product, worked exactly as described and exceeded expectations.

Jared

RDS of Florida

Reviewed on 2011/08/23

Great product with outstanding support for resellers

Great product with outstanding support for resellers

Pros

Strong back office
Great second level support to re-sellers

Cons

Hard to compete due to a high price tag for the software though I understand why there is a high price tag

Front of the house functionality not as easy or feature rich as some other competitors in the market